True DJ mixing, Non-cheesy, Professional Services

Fernando Productions provides award winning true mixing DJ services, photo booth, lighting, and more. As Fernando Productions has continued to grow over the past 10 years, Fernando has added 4 DJs to his brand in order to help couples find a quality, experienced, personable, fun, and professional DJ. Our mixing allows us to transition from different genres throughout the night to involve guests of all ages. Aside from music, we also help couples with their timeline and ensure everything flows smoothly. We'd love to meet with you and show you what sets us apart from the rest, and why so many couples rave about our services.

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

Kansas City, MO (913) 449-6156

Reviewed on 9/22/2016

Simply THE BEST. Ok, I'll elaborate. DJ Fernando was our wedding DJ on May 7, 2016 and he made our reception an absolute success. During pre-event planning, he made sure to understand music choices of myself, my wife, and the different tastes of our guests (literally everything... Read More from alternative bands to rap to country to older hard to find bands). He someone incorporated ALL of it and never lost the guests. We had to extend our reception time because guests were still partying late into the night having so much fun because DJ Fernando delivered such a great time. We literally had people telling us for weeks after the wedding how awesome our DJ was. My father-in-law was very skeptical because the venue had the option of a discount DJ and Fernando is priced for the high quality he delivers, but we just HAD to go with Fernando after meeting him. A couple hours into the reception (and about 15 times after), he could not stop remarking on how Fernando was WORTH EVERY PENNY! Just to clarify, based on our research, Fernando is competitively priced and in our opinion is selling himself a short. In addition, Fernando met with us and the event coordinator prior to the wedding to line up timing of events. He then executed our plans perfectly, kept things moving, and was entertaining and professional when he was on the microphone orchestrating everything to our 185 or so guests. He was an absolute joy and made our reception a success. My mother-in-law even got behind the DJ booth and he gave her a pair of big DJ headphones to wear which was a priceless moment (DJ Mom!). With so many things to worry about on your big day, do yourself a favor and hire DJ Fernando so you have not only one less thing to worry about, but a invaluable teammate to help you through the day. I understand being on a budget, but I guarantee you're going to want to free up the money for Fernando and cut costs elsewhere, because this guy will have your friends and family remembering your wedding reception for years to come. Other notes: his equipment is top notch and the sound quality is extremely high (and I'm a bit of a speaker snob). He has legitimate talent with mixing music and is a REAL DJ, not just a guy who hits play on various songs. He actually MIXES music and can demo this for you at the first meeting. You won't have to build a play list and hand it to him... he takes the wheel and incorporates what you want but in a mix that will keep people's attention and energy up throughout the night. OK, I'm done. Just hire DJ Fernando and thank me later :)

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

DJ Kate was phenomenal!! From the moment by daughter Annie and her (now) husband Tony met with her, we all knew she would be the perfect DJ for their reception. And she delivered. Tony had some special requests which she was so accommodating and she worked with the Best Men to... Read More assist them with their toast/speech. The dance floor was immediately packed after the first dances and the crowd stayed until the very end! Thank you DJ Kate for making the night so memorable!!! We will highly recommend you to all!!!!

A Challenging Wedding

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Samantha F

At our 30-day meeting, Fernando quickly learned my husband and I have an odd taste in music- primarily country. We don't listen to the top 40 countdown each week- a DJ's nightmare. Fernando understood our "style" and saw a challenge in having our guests dance the night away. He... Read More was wonderful and did everything he could to have our guests on the dance floor. The event flowed extremely well and he kept things on track. I would highly recommend him to future brides.

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Heidi B

DJ Jared was an awesome vendor to work with for this out-of-town bride! We Skyped with Jared and we immediately liked his vibe and could tell he would bring a lot of experience to our vendor team to make our day just how we wanted it! We got to create our list on our own time... Read More using the online portal and loved that we could have a “No play” list that he stuck to! We had a Rat Pack/Frank Sinatra theme for the cocktail hour but a jumpin’ party for the dance after dinner. He was great at reading the crowd for what songs people were feeling and which dropped like a lead balloon so the dance floor was always full. He is a true DJ so the songs transitioned like in a club with no awkward pauses or just himself talking. He checked in with us before and during dinner to make sure we could adjust the timeline as needed and to double-check the fine details. Two of the most personal touches of our wedding happened because of his professionalism: He played a recording of my grandfather saying the meal blessing (since he could not attend) that my mother had recorded on her iPhone that brought the room to tears. He also helped us with our first dance since we had our Grand Entrance and then went right into the dance. The song was not long enough for us to make it across the ballroom to the dance floor so he had mixed the song a little so we could move right into our choreography. We had the crowd cheering on their feet in a minute because the transition was so smooth you would have thought we rehearsed it a dozen times! We cannot recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Kathleen L

Fernando has now done mine and my sister's weddings. He does an amazing job of getting the flow of the night going and keeping everyone on the dance floor until the last song! I would recommend him for anyone and everyone!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Elizabeth L

Nick was the DJ for my wedding about a week ago and he was EXCELLENT! 100% what we needed. Our reception was small, but he did a fantastic job of keeping everyone dancing and creating a consistently fun atmosphere with our weird and varied musical requests. He did a great job of... Read More keeping things organized before and during the reception without being overbearing. Totally totally recommend booking him!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Andy M

DJ Fernando did our 11/4/17 wedding and he was outstanding. Kept us on schedule with the toasts and the cake cutting and then kept the dance floor packed for hours. Even my parents (who are 70) we’re dancing! He knows how to keep all the generations involved in the celebration... Read More and having fun. Would definitely recommend to friends and in fact already have.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Veronica M

There could never be enough words to thank Fernando enough for everything he did for our wedding. I knew, from the moment we got engaged, I wanted Fernando as our DJ. Once we got our date, I messaged him to make sure he was available that day. We probably would have changed the... Read More date had he not been available. The music, the announcements, the photo booth, everything was absolutely PERFECT!!! Our wedding guests were the majority of our older Hispanic family. We wanted to make sure they were respected and enjoyed their time as well. We asked Nando to add some old school Chicano music at dinner service and he dug deep to find exactly what we wanted! It was a hit!! Dinner time had the best low key/chill atmosphere and when the party started, it went off with a bang!! First song he played was by Selena, and everyone was on the dance floor!! And it just kept going!! By the end of the night, we were still jamming to Garth Brooks. Nando was amazing at making sure we got exactly what we wanted. We've had so many compliments on our DJ, it's been the best!! You can pick a great venue, have the most amazing food, and have the the most gorgeous decor, but at the end of the day, we are firm believers that the DJ makes the party. And Fernando, throws the best parties!! Thank you so much Nando!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Jenna W

Fantastic! Fernando was perfect for our wedding on July 1 2017. Very professional and was in constant communication with us during the planning process. He provided all the equipment required (including hand held microphones) and set up himself day of the wedding. We also had... Read More extra up-lighting that changed throughout the evening to match the atmosphere (different lighting for dinner verses the dancing) it made the reception look magical! He was an amazing MC and the transitions were wonderful. There was not a bad song played all night long and he actually faded in and out of songs so there was no silence in between which means the party never stopped! We had so many people on the dance floor the whole night. It was our perfect party and DJ Fernando should claim some of the credit for this. There were no sound issues, expect once when there was a power shortage, but Fernando was on it and the party continued for the 30 seconds of silence. He recovered perfectly and the party never missed a beat. He was so fun and I would recommend him to any bride hands down.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Tylar S

10/10 would recommend! DJ Kate was AWESOME!! She is so cool and easy to work with- we met and went over what kind of music we liked, what kind of music we thought would get the guests dancing, what not to play- everything! She also pretty much ran the show after the ceremony and... Read More made the night go by exactly how we had planned! We couldn't have been more pleased with our DJ choice. Heck, I want to have some other huge party and have her DJ that!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Claire R

I am a wedding photographer here in Kansas City and have been photographing weddings for 10 years now. When it came time for our event, I knew I wanted Fernando rocking our dancefloor! There are so many amazingly talented bands and DJ's in Kansas City, so the choice of picking a... Read More DJ can be a major challenge. What stands out to us is Fernando's passion and LOVE for what he does. I know that sounds cliche, but it's FOR REAL. There are many talented DJ's, but I have seen Fernando at DOZENS of weddings over the years and no one smiles and gets down while DJ'ing like Fernando. He takes so much pride and finds so much joy in his job and you can just tell. At every event I've ever been a part of with him, the clients and brides FREAK OUT and LOVE his mixes. He often surprises them with remixes and transitions that put his spin on their favorites. Brides/grooms/their friends and fam are often back behind his table with him, hugging him and singing along to all of the songs. He becomes like a friend to every couple and their families. The same was true for us. Fernando even gave up a night of playing baseball with his team in front of THOUSANDS of people, just to be a part of our big day. This isn't just a job for him. He read the room at our event and I had to pee for about an hour but every single song he kept playing was my JAM so I couldn't leave the dancefloor! HA! If you want a DJ who will get to know you, read the room, and is ABOVE AND BEYOND PASSIONATE about being your DJ and creating the BEST environment for you and your guests, go with Fernando! He is so fun and still has that wide-eyed childish heart that gets excited about what he does and making people happy. I love a lot of bands and DJ's in Kansas City, but I have to say, the thing that makes Fernando different has to be his love, excitement, and passion about what he does. You can tell he is having just as much fun as the guests and he just is so happy to be making YOU happy! Thanks Fernando for being a part of our day and making it a night to remember! We are so thankful to have had you as your DJ, but also as a friend! YOU DA BEST!!!!!!!! XOXO Claire and Paul

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 felisa l

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!! We loved working with DJ Fernando! As soon as we met with him, we just knew we had found our DJ. And let me tell you, we were not wrong. He was amazing! We wanted our songs to be a mix of rock, latin (spanish), top hits, and hip hop, and he was able to... Read More make it happen perfectly. Plus, the vibe and charisma he brings out during the night is unique and you wont find it anywhere. Honestly, having Fernando as our DJ made our night. Up to this day, all of our friends keep saying how awesome the music, AND the DJ were. Best decision ever. Thank you DJ Fernando!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Ali L

DJ FERNANDO IS THE BEST. We loved every moment we spent working with DJ Fernando. From the moment we met him, we knew he was the best. He completely understands the planning process and what brides are looking for. He acted as not only our DJ but basically our day-of coordinator... Read More for the reception. We had NO WORRIES when it came to our big day because we knew that Fernando had us covered. He was one the best choices we made as a vendor because he got to know us as a couple and was completely invested in us having the best day ever. All of our guests were so impressed with the music and the flow of the reception and MANY guests asked where we found him and how they could book him for their next event. I cannot recommend DJ Fernando enough. You could not pick a better DJ than Fernando!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Hanna K

Oh my GOSH! Do yourself a favor and make DJ Fernando a part of your wedding day!! I wish I could put into words how he essentially MADE OUR WEDDING NIGHT! There was so much planning that went into the big day but I can confidently say DJ Fernando was the reason our wedding was... Read More such a success. One month later and my guests are still talking about how awesome he is. When you think of a DJ, we originally thought of someone who pulled out a computer and played songs all night. DJ Fernando changed our views on what a DJ is. He was recommended to us by our photographer because we asked her, "of all the weddings you shoot at, who is the best DJ that gets everyone on their feet and makes a party?" After meeting him, we honestly just kind of fell in love with him! What was most impressive was our final meeting with him. He went through the entire wedding day timeline with us and thought of all the tiny details we forgot about. He came with great suggestions and he always is so professional. AND FUN! SO MUCH FUN! The day of the wedding, he didn't just play music. He made it so our day went smoothly, it was like having a coordinator! I could have spent forever planning all the details like flowers and food, but what would we have done if people were bored at our wedding? DJ Fernando truly made our wedding amazing. I had a friend tell me, "this is the first wedding I've been to that almost all the guests stayed until the very end!" And that's because of DJ Fernando. No one wanted to stop dancing! He got the party started and he kept the party going. We are both so thankful for him and I wish I could give him 100 stars! You won't regret working with DJ Fernando, he is the ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE best!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 David C

Fernando was absolutely amazing! The professionalism, expertise, and great attitude he brought to the wedding blew us away. People didn't leave the dance floor for 4 hours! Fernando Productions is hands down the best DJ we could have asked for at our wedding. The team is filled... Read More with wonderful people that want you to have the best night of your life, and we did! During and after the wedding, be prepared to hear all of your guests go on and on about how it was the best DJ they've had at wedding!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Morgan C

I wish we could give more than 5 stars. DJ Fernando is THE BEST- book him now! Our goal for the wedding was to have the wedding dance floor packed the entire time and DJ Fernando did it! We didn't give him a set playlist or ever suggested songs- he did it all and it was truly... Read More perfect! He did a great job moving things along like the speeches and dances and making sure everything was running smoothly. I can't recommend him enough. He knew exactly how to get the crowd going and kept the party going all night!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Tyler K

We first heard about Fernando Productions from our venue owners, and they could not stop raving about how great they are. They indicated that all of the DJ’s are great, but Fernando (the owner) is top notch. We scheduled a meeting with Fernando to talk to him about our wedding... Read More and by the end of the meeting we were sold! He DJ’d right there in front of us and showed us his amazing skills. Fernando asked all the right questions and answered all of ours, making sure he had every detail nailed down. He even took some special requests from us and made sure to accommodate our wants. Wedding day: Oh trust us… he delivered the best performance we could have ever asked for. We have had several wedding guests tell us that they have been to many weddings and have never had as good of a DJ as Fernando. He had us dancing from the minute he played the first song, till the final seconds of the last song. He can read the crowd and know when certain genres are not working, and he knows how to address a crowd well and doesn’t sound cheesy when making announcements. He also makes you feel like you have been friends for a long time. He has a certain charm to him that makes him stand out as a trustworthy and relatable guy. If music is a very important part of your day you have got to go with DJ Fernando. Trust us, he will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Hollie J

Fernando Productions, made our wedding so much fun. My husband and I have received so many compliments about the fantastic DJ. I would highly recommend Fernando Production.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Meg S

If I could do higher than 5 stars I would. Fernando is definitely the best DJ in Kansas City. He was the DJ for my sister's wedding 3 years ago and we knew that we HAD to have him for our wedding reception. We picked our date based on his availability ;) Fernando was so... Read More professional and easy to work with. We had a great party that was everything we wanted it to be. He was able to keep the flow of the wedding reception going and announced everything seamlessly. He played awesome dance music and most of our guests never left the dance floor! It was everything we wanted it to be!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Kaelee C

We used DJ Kate for our wedding last night. I cannot express enough how funny and how easy she is to work with! She went out of her way to make sure our reception was more than we dreamed of. She kept our dance floor packed all night long, played my husband and I's requested... Read More songs as well as a few of her own that were definite hits! Kate made sure our night flowed perfectly and is so patient. Kate is now a friend and I am so excited to have her DJ our next big event! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Orlando U

BIG shout out to DJ Fernando! My wife and I were able to have the night of our lives because of this man. From the first meeting we had with him all the way until the last song played at our wedding, we knew we picked the right DJ and there was no possible way another one could... Read More have done it better. As many of you know, the day of the wedding gets hectic. He helped out before the wedding to ensure everything would run as smooth as possible. AND IT DID! In my opinion, your Dj is the person who sets the tone for the wedding. Our goal was to have a huge party and to keep people on the dance floor. From start to finish he played hit after hit after hit. He didn't just press play on his computer and let the song play. The way he blended and mixed songs was just amazing! His professionalism, talent, and passion for what he does is 2nd to none! We now only wish Dj Fernando could dj every single party we throw! Hire him, there is no one better!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Ashlynn M

Does NOT get any better than DJ Fernando. He's apart of our family now and we wouldn't have it any other way! He makes sure that your whole wedding is up and dancing! You also do not need a coordinate for your reception when you have him, he makes sure everything runs smooth!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Heather R

When I think of Fernando, I think..."my awesome friend that did us a favor by DJ'ing our wedding". That's honestly how we feel about Fernando. When we were thinking about a DJ to book for our wedding, we knew what we wanted and we knew we wanted the DJ to be one of the most... Read More important things at our wedding, after all, they keep the party going. When we met with Fernando, we welcomed us into his home and gave us a private session so we could truly see what it was like to have him DJ for us. We absolutely loved this! It is not often that someone would do this. For us, our DJ was so important and we didn't want to HOPE that everything went smoothly and HOPE that the DJ would understand our style and our needs. Fernando just got us! We shared a lot of laughs and our wedding became a reality in his house that night. Our wedding day was unforgettable. I cannot count how many people came up to us during the wedding, after the wedding and still, even a month later and comment on Fernando and his style and how nice he was and how they couldn't believe that one minute he was playing Beyonce and the next he was playing Steve Miller Band. Everyone at the wedding was amazed how he could bring so many different genres of music together and make them fade into each other like they belonged together. I drug Fernando out on the dance floor during some Justin Bieber "Despacito" and he didn't even hesitate. It was really like we had another friend at our wedding. He didn't sound like a typical DJ with boring monotone and typical announcements. He made it so much fun and it was very personalized and no one ever left the dance floor. We danced until they shut it down! I would do it all over again in a heart beat. He just brings the life to the party!! We can't thank him enough for everything he did for us and our wedding! Heather and Joel Roth Married 8/4/17

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Kara K

HUGE shout out to DJ Jared! My husband, CJ, and I loved working with Jared! He was the bomb! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. Seriously amazing! All of our friends were, and continue to rave about how awesome Jared was at our wedding, and that they had never... Read More been to wedding where the dance floor was packed the entire night. He truly knows how to get people out onto the dance floor and keep them there! Jared had flawless transitions through songs, and made sure that everyone of all ages was having a great time. He was incredibly professional throughout the whole process and made sure that we got exactly what we wanted! My husband and I also wanted something unique for our guests, so we had the "Mirror Booth" at our reception and it was a huge hit. If you're not sure what this is, ask them, because it is really cool and a lot of fun to have at a reception! We can't thank Jared, and Fernando Productions enough for helping make our day amazing!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Brittany V

DJ Jared from our first meeting to our last dance at our wedding did an amazing job! We had him do our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception! He even played the hokie pokie for us and our flower girl and ring bearer to keep them busy because we were running late starting the... Read More ceremony lol! He hype the guest up for our grand entrance I literally felt like I was at a Chiefs game!! It was amazing! He kept us on our timeline all night as well! He had our guest on the dance floor all night and we had so many great complements from guest about DJ Jared!! He made our wedding so memorable at the end when he recommended us doing our "first last dance" with just us him and the photographer! It was so romantic and a great way to end our wedding! Thank you for all the great work! I will forever recommend you!!!

DJ Fernando

Although our title is “DJ”, I’ve learned over the past 15 years that there is so much more to what we do than play music. That frame of mind has helped the DJ Fernando brand grow into Fernando Productions, and has also earned us a spot on the preferred list of over 25 venues and vendors in Kansas City. This growth has also allowed us to add some of the most talented DJs in the Kansas City area to our team, who also provide the same level of services that couples, venues, and vendors have come to expect from Fernando Productions. Don’t take our word for it, check out our reviews!