Fernstone Retreat

Farmington, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Fernstone Retreat

A BALLROOM IN FARMINGTON, PA

Nestled among 450 lush acres on a Farmington, Pittsburgh mountaintop lies the Fernstone Retreat. Created in 1940 by local businessman, James Hankins, every detail found throughout the property adds to the atmosphere that makes this venue appealing. The soon-to-be couple will find the onsite waterfall, wooden bridge, and hand timbered Oak Pavilion supported in the center by a 400 year old Oak Tree creating a perfect backdrop for the ceremonies. The rustic lanterns that light the pathways around Fernstone Retreat allow for a stroll anytime the guests or bride and groom need a break from the proceedings. The 2 stocked fishing ponds, hundreds of acres of mature trees, wildflowers, and winding pathways offer a unique setting for a wedding day.

Fernstone Retreat has the ability to accommodate up to 600 guests for outdoor wedding venues. Chairs can be arranged on the lawn or a tent can be set-up to eliminate the fear of a rainy day. The soon-to-be newlyweds can opt to set up their wedding ceremony featuring guest seating within the Oak Pavilion. This space also offer seating for up to 250 guests.

For a more intimate wedding venue, the couple can host the ceremony indoors. Fernstone Retreat does offer indoor accommodations for up to 45 friends and loved ones.

Every bride can feel confident that the day will go as planned when hosted at Fernstone Retreat. Fernstone Retreat offers a full bridal suite which allows for overnight accommodations, as well as a bridal dressing room to prepare for the events of the day. The groom is offered a dressing room to ensure that he has his own private space.

Fernstone Retreat can provide night accommodations for up to 40 guests. Complete with a hot tub and onsite pool, relaxation is also easily available.

It is the responsibility of the soon-to-be couple to provide their own catering and alcoholic beverages for wedding receptions held at Fernstone Retreat. Alcohol may only be served by a licensed bartender or caterer during onsite wedding venues. Set-up and cleanup is also the responsibility of the bride and groom.

Fernstone Retreat's ceremony and reception amenities make for an ideal wedding day venue. The retreat provides:

• Coat check room
  • Day of onsite manager
  • Large guest parking lot
  • Complimentary bridal suite
  • Overnight accommodations availability
  • Access to full kitchen facilities

Fernstone Retreat - Your mountain destination!

Hailed as "The Gem of the Mountains," The Fernstone Retreat is an award winning wedding venue and mountain retreat, serving as the crowning glory of the Laurel Highlands for decades.Built in 1940, Fernstone Retreat is nestled on 450 lush private acres, sleeps 50 guests, has an onsite waterfall, bridal treehouse, hand timbered Oak Pavilion seating up to 300, miles of hiking trails, wooden bridge, 2 stocked fishing ponds, pool, hot tub, rustic and whimsical lanterns adorning the property, and more. The Fernstone can host 600+ guests for a wedding held on property. Enjoy an entire 3 night getaway for your dream wedding weekend, all included only at Fernstone Retreat!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Loft, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

3054 National Pike, Farmington, PA (877) 517-1454
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

Our wedding was on August 15th, and it truly was the most incredible day of our lives! We spent months searching for a wedding venue that was unique, beautiful, had room for plenty of our of town guests (as well as our dogs!), and somewhere that didn't force you to select from... Read More their list of vendors. The Fernstone Retreat honestly nailed every expectation we had! It was like we had our own little home away from home for our wedding weekend (we stayed Thursday-Monday)! All of our guests and bridal party haven't stopped talking about how stunning our venue was! It truly is a one of a kind location! It was so wonderful that the groom and groomsmen could stay in their cabin and my girls and I stayed in the cute little cottage. Our our of town guests also loved that they had such a nice scenery and were able to visit Ohiopyle the weekend of our wedding. I could go on and on about how happy we were with wveruthing!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Nicki M

I have to say this venue has it ALL! Fernstone Retreat was simply amazing! It offered everything we were looking for in a rustic mountain wedding. Our wedding pictures turned out amazing! The natural waterfalls, open fields and tons of space was so wonderful! The Employees were... Read More also so sweet. They made sure everything was simply perfect for us. I highly recommend Fernstone Retreat. It was definitely a one stop venue. A++++++++++++++ all the way around! Thanks guys!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Anonymous B

I'm honestly not sure what these people are trying to do. I talked to someone who got married here in 2014. Her wedding was $3000 to have here with a 2 night stay. I have seen MULTIPLE different pricings online and many times only $1000 down is needed to book your venue. They... Read More keep telling me dates fill so I'm rushing to book this and while I can get the full $13,999 they are now telling me I need, which is insane for something to skyrocket over $10,000 in 3 years, within the right amount of time, I can't pull $7,000 out of my behind to book this venue within 3 months. They rush me off the phone every time I call, refuse to work with me, and in all are horrible to brides!!! Shame on you!

2017-07-17T12:57:05 Response from the vendor

We are sorry you feel that you've had a bad experience trying to work with us! We make every effort to ensure our couples, even prospective that haven't booked yet, receive the best experience during their tour and every interaction with our team. Fernstone is... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

Our wedding was absolute perfection from beginning to end. Where else can you go that is on 450 plus acres, sleeps 40 of your guests on property, has a pool, hand-timbered Grand Oak Pavilion, transportation for guests by a custom wrought iron wagon from parking, over 35 vacation... Read More homes within 10 minutes through their sister company, OVR, AND transportation for our guests who weren't staying on site with us to their vacation homes through OVR? They let us choose our own caterer, DJ, photographer, etc and worked with us every step of the way to make our wedding event and retreat everything that we wanted and more! It truly exceeded our expectations. We had over 300 guests, fireworks, 4 bonfires going at once, our guest fished all weekend, played golf, football, stayed up until the wee hours swimming, catching fireflies, stargazing in the huge field and dancing all night long! We relaxed by the 3 custom fireplaces on property in, the guys loved drinking and playing pool and ping pong in the Billiard Lodge. We got catered meals and my now-husband and I truly felt like we were in another magical wonderland throughout our 5 day affair. After experiencing our wedding event at Fernstone Retreat, I don't know how anyone would ever want to have a one day event in a fire hall or something typical when insanely amazing wedding venues like this exist! There is no place else like it and our entire wedding party was blown away by our wedding, all saying it was the hands down best wedding (and bonus mini-vacation for us all!) they'd ever attended. No surprise there! It was the best wedding we'd ever attended too! It's phenomenal. And the scenery is untouchable, it is truly a mountain paradise and so secluded to top it off! Fernstone Retreat is a dream.

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Lindsay R

Our wedding was absolute perfection from beginning to end. Where else can you go that is on 450 plus acres, sleeps 40 of your guests on property, has a pool, hand-timbered Grand Oak Pavilion, transportation for guests by a custom wrought iron wagon from parking, over 35... Read More vacation homes within 10 minutes through their sister company, OVR, AND transportation for our guests who weren't staying on site with us to their vacation homes through OVR? They let us choose our own caterer, DJ, photographer, etc and worked with us every step of the way to make our wedding event and retreat everything that we wanted and more! It truly exceeded our expectations. We had over 300 guests, fireworks, 4 bonfires going at once, our guest fished all weekend, played golf, football, stayed up until the wee hours swimming, catching fireflies, stargazing in the huge field and dancing all night long! We relaxed by the 3 custom fireplaces on property in, the guys loved drinking and playing pool and ping pong in the Billiard Lodge. We got catered meals and my now-husband and I truly felt like we were in another magical wonderland throughout our 5 day affair. After experiencing our wedding event at Fernstone Retreat, I don't know how anyone would ever want to have a one day event in a fire hall or something typical when insanely amazing wedding venues like this exist! There is no place else like it and our entire wedding party was blown away by our wedding, all saying it was the hands down best wedding (and bonus mini-vacation for us all!) they'd ever attended. No surprise there! It was the best wedding we'd ever attended too! It's phenomenal. And the scenery is untouchable, it is truly a mountain paradise and so secluded to top it off! Fernstone Retreat is a dream

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Joshua D

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Jordan Z

AMAZING! Fernstone Retreat was the perfect venue and is a jaw-dropper. We visited SO many venues and there are NONE like it. Along with sleeping 35 of our closest friends on property, the owners take immaculate care of the property, and made sure our wedding day was FLAWLESS! My... Read More husband and I got gorgeous pictures by the waterfall on property, the bridge, and our friends and family literally were in love with our venue, all of our guest said it is hands down the BEST wedding and venue they'd ever been to, and we weren't surprised. The Fernstone Retreat is one of the finest venue locations on the east coast!