Artistic, Documentary, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

Asheville, NC (828) 606-4601

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Amanda S

We were referred to Fete by a photographer that we inquired with who was not available for our special day, and I am so glad that that we were blessed to have them capture our day. They are hands down the easiest, kindest, and most flexible individuals I had the experience of... Read More working with while planning the wedding. They have a calming presence to them that eases and dissipates the anxieties of the day. A funny memory from the day was when all of a sudden while taking a little break from pictures, I was craving chocolate and jokingly teased one of my friends about not having chocolate for me. Next thing I know, Kristi had run out to the car and brought me some Reese's peanut butter cups. It was a memorable and laughable moment. I love all my pictures and have no regrets. They are the best and you would not be disappointed to have them capture your most memorable day.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Sarah T

Derek and Kristi were so fabulous to work with!! They are fun to be around, creative, and they work so well together to capture the best photos! I was specifically looking for an amazing photographer that was very familiar with the Biltmore, and Derek and Kristi delivered that... Read More and more! When I saw the photos from our wedding, I was simply blown away by how fantastic they were. They captured all of the big shots I wanted, and some very special photos I didn't even remember them taking! We are so impressed and beyond happy with our photos. THANK YOU Derek and Kristi!

2017-11-08T10:00:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words, Sarah! We enjoyed working with you guys :)

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Allison K

We used Fete Photography for our Charlotte wedding and the photos were absolutely amazing! Derek and Kristi were wonderful to work with. They made us feel comfortable being photographed and kept us laughing. We knew that we wanted photographers who would capture spontaneous... Read More moments and who would deliver crisp, high quality photos. The result was stunning. Thanks for capturing the memories!

2017-11-08T10:03:19 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! We had a blast capturing your gorgeous day!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Hannah R

Fete Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! I'm so thankful for them. They captured our June wedding at the NC Arboretum perfectly! I still can't believe our photos are us! Derek and Kristi are wonderful to be around and made us feel so comfortable.... Read More I honestly dreaded taking wedding photos until I met them - we ended up having a lot of fun and felt really comfortable! They are really great about taking plenty of pictures while also making you feel at ease - nothing felt posed. They took so many candid pictures and captured a lot of sweet moments that I didn't even know happened. On top of all of that, their pricing was better than other photographers in the area and their quality of work is far superior. We also received our pictures much quicker than expected. Fete Photography made me so glad we got married in North Carolina!

2017-11-08T10:02:15 Response from the vendor

You two were awesome to photograph--total naturals! We're so glad you decided to get married in NC as well :)

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Erin K

Derek and Kristi were absolutely phenomenal on the day of our wedding. They made my husband and I feel at ease despite the chaos of the day. The photos they captured were amazing and truly photojournalistic. They were very accommodating and prompt with communication. This... Read More husband and wife team exceeded our expectations; I would highly recommend this duo to anyone.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Renu K

Derek and Kristi are both fantastic photographers--they captured every moment of the day beautifully. Their style is unique and stunning; the colors in all of the photos look so rich and exquisite. They were such a quiet presence throughout the whole day/evening. They had never... Read More been to our venue before, but they were quick to get a feel for the space. You will not be disappointed! We received our online gallery about 5 weeks following the wedding. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 bobbi jo z

Joe and I both knew that we wanted a documentary-style photographer for our wedding. After looking through dozens of online portfolios of photographers in Charlotte and Asheville, which quite frankly, bored me, I was thrilled to wander onto the Fete site. I very specifically... Read More remembered the powerful emotional reaction that I had as I went through their blog and galleries. There was so much love! And not the cookie cutter love shots, but beautiful, sneaky, quiet love shots from all corners of the wedding day. I’m naturally a happy crier, and I absolutely dropped some tears by looking at other people’s photos….so I could only imagine what they could do with my own day. I have to admit, I was happily shocked that I could even afford them. I assumed that such beautiful artwork was out of our budget. Hallelujah , that was not the case. So, wedding day – they were quiet magicians. Apparently everywhere all the time. They were sweet and provided just enough direction to make sure they got the photos they knew we wanted, but then just …..captured. The online photo gallery was ready weeks sooner than we expected. And every album was more exciting than the previous. We just sat down, let the slide show run, and cried sentimental tears as we relived our beautiful day all over again. The photos are just stunning and they managed to help every single person glow in every photo. I can’t recommend them enough :)

Perfect Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Emily G

Derek and Kristi are amazing photographers! They were friendly, laid-back, and easy to work with. We couldn't be happier with our photos! Every single photo is stunning. My husband and I are very happy that we chose Fete Photography to capture our special day and would highly... Read More recommend them to anyone.

Breathtaking Photography

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Jessica S

I cannot say enough good things about Fete photography. My husband and I got married at The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC (we are from Chicago). We met with Derek and Kristi a couple of months before our wedding and they could not have been better listeners to exactly what we... Read More envisioned for our special day. We had them shoot both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. It is hard to describe how amazing the pictures have come out...so please take a look! http://fetephotography.com/blog/ Jessica and Jon

Talented, Fun and Professional - Highly Recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Jessica

Fete, by far, was the highlight vendor of our wedding! We planned our Savannah wedding from our home in Texas, which means we had to do a lot of research remotely and had limited opportunity to meet with vendors in person. From the moment we met Fete though, we knew they were... Read More the perfect fit for our wedding photography. Derek and Kristi were such a fun pair to work with and completely put us at ease when taking photos. Throughout the months leading up to our wedding, they asked follow up questions and scouted out photo locations to make sure we had everything we wanted from our wedding photos. They were also very accommodating when it came to setting up and working out a photography package that fit our needs. On the day of, we received many compliments from our guests commenting on how friendly and professional Derek and Kristi were. My (now) husband and I are both creatives, and having talented, creative and high quality photography for our wedding was very important to us. I have to say, the photos Fete captured were incredible. Great composition and lighting, and a creative eye. I feel like they really did capture "us" and all the events of the day. I would highly recommend Fete for anyone needing a photographer in the Asheville (and Savannah) area. We could not be more happy with our photos and with our choice of photographers! I only wish we didn't live so far apart because after talking and working with Derek & Kristi, my husband and I really just want to be their friends! Such a sweet, friendly and talented couple! :)