The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Fetzer Center is a full-service event center located in beautiful Kalamazoo, Michigan. Sitting on a secluded property, the Fetzer Center creates a picturesque setting for an indoor or outdoor wedding ceremony and reception.

The Banquet Room at the Fetzer Center features tall ceilings, a spacious dance floor, wall-to-wall carpeting and an entire wall of windows that provides views of the garden patio area. This room offers access to the garden patio and can seat up to 200 guests for a sit-down wedding reception.

The Outdoor Patio is the ideal spot for an outdoor wedding ceremony with as many as 100 guests. This charming venue features an open area surrounded by towering trees, charming flowers and a wood fence. The patio can also be used for a cocktail hour between a wedding ceremony and reception.

The Atrium Style Lobby spans over 2,000 square feet and works well for a wedding ceremony. This area of the event center features exposed brick walls, carpeting and an abundance of light. The atrium is also sometimes used for a cocktail hour or receiving line.

Wedding ceremony rates depend on which day the ceremony is held and can only be booked along with a wedding reception. The lobby is used as an alternative wedding ceremony site in case of inclement weather when a ceremony was planned outside on the patio. Ceremony rentals include a Friday evening wedding rehearsal and up to 100 white padded chairs for wedding guests.

Wedding reception rates are also dependent on whether it's held on Friday or Saturday night. When booking a wedding reception at the Fetzer Center, a wedding menu package must be purchased as well. All reception rentals include use of the banquet hall, garden patio and atrium lobby. It also includes a parquet dance floor, setup of tables and chairs, table cloths and colored linens, centerpieces, china, glass service and silverware. The facility places name cards and wedding favors on the table for the bride and groom and provides cake-cutting service with complimentary ice cream.

Wedding menu packages include choice of two hors d'oeuvres, one salad, two entree selections, one vegetable and one starch. Rolls with butter, milk, soft drinks, coffee and tea are also provided with dinner. In addition, the Fetzer Center provides a fresh fruit platter, vegetables with dip, punch and a tray of cheese and crackers.

Many extras can be added to a wedding menu package. This includes wedding cupcakes, late-night pizzas, sliders, a candy station, a late-night coffee table and a cookie bar. Formal service staff is on hand for the entire event and professional catering staff provides the bride and groom with personalized service.

• Complimentary full-size ice sculpture
  • Cleanup services included

You've waited for this day your entire life.

The Fetzer Center's picturesque setting on the campus of Western Michigan University offers beautiful ceremony and reception sites for intimate affairs or gala celebrations.

Ballroom

1903 W Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI (269) 387-3232

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Caitlin L

We had the most beautiful reception at Fetzer. To be perfectly honest, I was a little nervous at first (would it look like a conference or business meeting?) but I have to say that I was incredibly happy with how everything turned out. The big windows looking out onto the patio... Read More were a highlight, and I was happy that the arrangement of the room itself (tables and dance floor) was fairly flexible. Shannon Landis was a joy to work with and I have to say that my stress level with regards to the reception were much lower after talking to her. Highly recommend!

Fantastic Staff!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Michelle A

The staff at the Fetzer Center went above and beyond to make our day perfect! We had both our ceremony and reception at this venue and both were beautiful! We had an outdoor ceremony on their amazing raised deck. Our wedding was in October in Michigan, so we were concerned about... Read More the weather, however they had a back-up indoor location right on site so that put our minds at ease. Everything is provided by the Fetzer staff; alcohol service, catering, full set-up and take-down. We had a server assigned specifically to us who took care of my fiance, our bridal party, and me before, during, and after the wedding. The food was amazing and we received many compliments on it. The way they decorated was absolutely gorgeous. I had a lot of personal touches that I wanted included and they made it their mission to make my vision a reality. The price we paid was worth every single penny and I think the service we received was worth much more than we paid. I could not possibly say enough good about this venue!

Reception exceeded expectations

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Jessica M

First of all, Lyndsee (wedding coordinator) was amazing. Their staff made sure that everything was perfect. The meals were fantastic and people are still raving about their meatballs.

2012-06-19T10:11:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you, it was our pleasure! You all were wonderful to work with. Your wedding was beautiful and we look forward to seeing your pictures. Take Care

Wedding success!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Shannon B

I am so happy that I chose the Fetzer Center to host my wedding reception! They where one of the better priced places and where just wonderful to work with! From day one Lyndsee and Todd took initiative on setting up meetings with me to go over things, they helped set things up... Read More for us and always responded quite promptly when trying to get ahold of them. After going over the wedding details in with Lyndsee and Todd I felt complete ease and I knew I didn't have to worry about a thing! I would recommend the Fetzer Center to any bride out there looking for a wedding venue!

Fetzer Center, Kalamazoo MI

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

The Fetzer Center was a beautiful venue. We had the ceremony and reception at the venue, which was good for guest to not have to drive anywhere - parking was plentiful, good handicap accessibility. The staff was incredibly easy to work with, everyone was gracious, polite and... Read More truly seemed to enjoy the function. The food was delicious - we had a buffet with steak/chicken w/crab meat/veges/rice - everything was hot, not overcooked, moist. I got so many compliments on the dinner. Also had a cocktail hour before the reception which gave photographer plenty of time for pictures without guest feeling abandoned. The staff was attentive at all times, rooms for bride and groom to change in were spacious w/attached bathrooms. I have not one complaint about this venue/event I would have another there anytime! We had a limited bar so that helped keep costs lower but, for overall value this was a great venue. Also beautiful garden/patio behind which was available for guest to be outside, fortunately we had a fall day that was perfect.

Perfect Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Mallory G

The Fetzer Center hosted the most wonderful halloween themed wedding reception for my husband and I. A year after the event, we still have friends and family telling us how much fun they had and how wonderful the service was. Shannon, the event planner, was wonderful to work... Read More with. The food was AMAZING. They didn't miss a single detail, in fact, they threw in extra details such as halloween themed specialties cocktails that were even a surprise for me!!! We did a lot of searching before choosing the Fetzer Center and there is no doubt in my mind that it is the best bang for your buck in Kalamazoo. Our total cost included a cocktail hour with appetizers, meals, and open bar for 170 guests!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Bobbi G

The staff was helpful, food was great, and the reception hall beautiful!!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Nikole G

Very prompt at responding to any questions/concerns we had throughout the planning process. We received many compliments on the food and how wonderful everything looked. I could not have been happier with how beautifully everything was set up. The Fetzer Center made sure that... Read More everything ran smooth and I could not have asked for a better wedding ceremony and reception. Would highly recommond!

Great experience!!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2011 Stephanie H

I highly recommend to Fetzer Center if you're looking for a great wedding experience. The coordinator was great and very helpful. I had tons of guests compliment us and say it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to

Wonderful Reception Site

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Julie V

Great food and setting! The wedding coordinator took care of everything so that our day room smoothly. We couldn't be happier!

Review for Fetzer Center - Western Michigan University

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rachael I

We were able to have our ceremony and reception in the same building. So our guest did not have to travel to another location. And since we had a horrible rain storm that day it was all the better that no one had to travel.

Review for The Fetzer Center at Western Michigan University

Reviewed on 9/16/2007 NICOLLE F

There were great windows inside our reception area. There was an outdoor area, providing a ceremony site. The food was excellent.