First Comes Love Weddings and Events

Specializing in San Diego and Orange County

Planning Isn't Just Our Job, It's Our Passion

Your wedding is a big deal. Not only is it a day to celebrate your love, but it is one of the biggest events you will ever plan. Unless you do this day in and day out, having a professional planner by your side is the best way to maximize your budget and plan the best wedding possible. Our job to bring the best of the best vendor team together to maximize your budget and create a wedding that reflects your vision and who the two of you are as a couple. We are straight forward, love our job and want to help you plan the best day ever. Call today to set-up a complimentary consultation 619.501.1695 - [email protected]

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

5785 La Jolla Blvd #A, La Jolla, CA Specializing in San Diego and Orange County (619) 501-1695

Best Money I Ever Spent!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Janelle D

Amy at First Comes Love went above and beyond any and all expectations I could have ever dreamed. Where do I begin? I stumbled upon Amy after calling several other planners who wouldn't even talk to me unless I increased my budget. I was starting to lose hope in finding a... Read More planner, who I desperately wanted/needed to help me navigate the unknown waters of wedding planning. Since our very first meeting Amy was so honest and helpful. When I contacted her to upgrade to the more expensive package, she actually told me I didn't need it. Whhaatt?!? A vendor with integrity? I could hardly believe it. From then on I knew I was working with an incredible company who I could truly depend on. And even though I didn't get the more expensive package she still treated me like I was the only client in the world. She was always accessible, gave incredible recommendations, and actually helped us stay on budget. Also I should mention when vendors told us certain things were not possible (aka having a slideshow play during the father/Daughter dance because of the way the venue was set up), Amy made it happen! She did all this while having a newborn and planning her own wedding. In my eyes she is a super woman. If all the help she provided planning the wedding wasn't enough, the day of the event she was like my fairy godmother. I was completely unorganized, I had a billion DIY projects that I dumped on her the day before the wedding, even though I swore I wouldn't be one of those last minute brides, I was still writing place cards, putting slideshow together, and finishing up the details while I was getting my hair done. (I do NOT recommend this lol) I was supposed to leave a general guideline for Amy to help her navigate the tornado I had left for her the day before and I left her nothing. But she still managed to take my disaster and transform it into an event more awe inspiring than I could have ever imagined. I can't even begin to wonder what she could have done had I actually given her an organized itemized list as I should have. Plus I had so many extra events and surprises planned for the evening and she made sure they all went over flawlessly. Even when small things happened that were not at all her fault, she was there immediately taking care of it, before anyone even knew what was happening. All in all it was an incredible experience. There is no way I could have planned this myself and on top of it she saved us a ton of money, which was really nice as we didn't have a ton to spare. Most women I talked to said planning their wedding was extremely stressful and that I should just elope. Thanks to Amy I get to be one of the lucky ones who gets to say yes at times it was stressful, (I would be lying if I told you there was no stress), but because I had such an incredible team backing me I enjoyed every second of it. It was so much fun from the first pinterest pin to the last Dance. I loved it all. And so did all my guests. I still have people telling me it was one of the best, most entertaining, organized, beautiful weddings they have ever been too. For so many reasons, I couldn't be happier and I can't recommend Amy enough!

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Laura M

When my husband and I got engaged, we knew we wanted to get married in San Diego - we had both lived there, and where we first met. I hadn't started to gather ideas for the wedding until a few months after we were first engaged. I was procrastinating the planning, because I had... Read More originally thought I would be doing most of it, and the idea wasn't as appealing as most would think. In my mind it was going to be overwhelming. During my initial search of one of my favorite wedding blogs, Style Me Pretty, I kept noticing that the featured brides almost always had a wedding planner. After talking with my husband, we had decided to contact a few to see if hiring a planner was a right fit for us. One vendor I came into contact with actually recommended having a planner as well, and with that, she recommended Amy Ulkutekin, with First Comes Love. After sending a brief email to Amy, we scheduled our consultation with her and we honestly did not know what to expect. We originally went in thinking that we only wanted to hire someone for the day-of. But the moment we first set foot in the studio, we loved everything about Amy and what she had to offer. She was so personable, down to earth, and just plain real. She understood our initial vision and even encouraged us to meet with other planners to find the best fit for us. On the drive home, my husband and I only had to discuss it for several minutes, when we came to the conclusion that we didn't need to meet with anyone else. So we contacted Amy the very next day to book her. On top of that, we hired her for Partial Planning versus only hiring her for the Day-Of. Amy was spectacular on our wedding day and all the days leading up to it. She helped us stay within our budget, while helping us create our vision. She was always available when we needed her or had a question, and our wedding day turned out to be just as we imagined it and more. Amy worked well with our other vendors, and just kept the whole day running smoothly; even when my maid of honor had a mishap with her dress, Amy was there to save the day. I can easily go on about how great Amy and her staff were, but only because I have limited space to type, will I begin to wrap this up. Hiring Amy and her First Comes Love staff was the BEST decision we could have made to help plan and coordinate our wedding. All the stress that I could have had on the day-of just simply didn't exist. All I can say is that if you're contemplating hiring a wedding planner, I highly recommend one. And First Comes Love is SIMPLY THE BEST!

Amy is the best!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Jennifer K

If you're considering Amy for your wedding planner, look no further. You will not find better. She is just amazing! She truly excels at her job. Our wedding at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla was the best day of our lives and went off without a hitch despite a... Read More very large wedding party and many vendors, thanks to Amy. Amy really knows what she's doing and it shows in her work. She made excellent vendor recommendations and kept us on track with all of our planning throughout the year. She's also a really nice person and was a joy to have monthly calls with! We really felt like she had our back throughout the whole process. When vendors were difficult, she was great at tactfully but firmly dealing with them. On the day of, she was doing a million things behind the scenes (most of which even now I'm sure we don't realize) that ensured that we were stress-free and having a wonderful time. Even the bridesmaids and mothers kept saying, "Amy is amazing!" Amy was the most important person we hired and we are so glad that we did!!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Dana L

Amy at First Comes Love gave me so much peace of mind and reassurance as our wedding approached. I worked with Amy as our Month of/Day of Coordinator and she guided us into our wedding day with ease and confidence. I had done most of the foot work with our vendors, but Amy... Read More picked up right where we left off and made an amazing timeline, contacted all of our vendors and truly made it so we could just sit back and relax. She was always very prompt via email and phone, helped me to stay organized and tied up every loose end, including some I didn't even know existed (like tip amounts, etc.) She supervised the set up of our reception, as we had a mass at a different location, and I was blown away. If you need a coordinator, who knows everyone in town, can recommend great vendors, will work with you and your groom for any and all of your needs, then call Amy!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mike H

When my fiance first brought up hiring a wedding planner, I thought it was a waste of money. My fiance is already over the top with planning, this is unnecessary. I could not have been more wrong. Amy made everything so much easier and on the day of the wedding, I don't know how... Read More we would have survived without her. It was the best wedding investment we made and I am so glad we found First Comes Love to help make our day so great.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Elizabeth G

From the planning stages to hours after the wedding ended, these ladies are remarkable. Their attention to detail, quality, and care of their clients is bar none. They are well connected with excellent vendors and they truly assemble a "dream team" for your big day. Not to... Read More mention, they are fun and easy to work with. I had my dream wedding thanks to First Comes Love. Would recommend to any couple who needs help coordinating their wedding. THANKS FCL! <3

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Navi K

Best wedding investment! Amy at First Comes Love was exactly what I needed to feel confident that our special day would would be seamless. From the first time we meet for coffee to see if it was a good fit, I knew right away that I could trust Amy to make decisions for our... Read More wedding that were aligned with our vision. She was highly responsive to all emails throughout the process. One of the things I appreciated most was that Amy knew the right level of which decisions to make independently during our wedding and which to run by us for approval. I highly recommend First Comes Love!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Carol B

Perfection! We had a magical wedding , thanks to the guidance of Amy at First Comes Love. For the wedding at Martin Johnson House in July 2016, we felt we needed a coordinator since the couple lived out of town and both the MOB and MOG (me) were involved in the planning. We... Read More hired Amy for partial service ( reasonable price!) and were completely satisfied. Amy knows everyone in the industry, has great judgement, and has a gratuitous yet diplomatic, professional demeanor that is perfect to help you get through tough decisions and stressful moments. We were able to reach her by e mail and phone on a same-day basis for all matters , big or small. Her monthly mailings with vendor suggestions and near term action items were spot-on and super helpful. In the final month, she kept everything on track with vendors and brought the event together with a detailed timeline that guided us smoothly. During the rehearsal and day-of, we found Amy and the team to be invaluable, with perfect direction and understated guidance that took all the worry out for us. I would recommend Amy whole-heartedly for your wedding planning.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lani G

We were lucky enough to have Amy as our wedding planner for our ceremony and reception at the Martin Johnson House in La Jolla, and she was fantastic!! I know she was working on multiple weddings at once, but it didn't seem like it because we always felt like we were a priority... Read More for her. We live in Los Angeles so we were planning the wedding from out of town, and Amy was great about planning multiple vendor meetings for the same day to accommodate our schedules, and she even met with us on her family day (her day off) because she knew it was the only time we would be able to make it. During planning she was always able to gently steer us in the right direction when we were being indecisive (I think she took such good notes at all our meetings and made such an effort to pay attention to my likes, dislikes, and general taste that sometimes she knew what I wanted even before I did!). In terms of communication, she was very prompt to respond to emails (often emailing us back late at night or early in the morning, or even when she was supposed to be on vacation), and she always told me to call her if I had any questions. Darren and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day and we are so grateful for all of Amy's expertise to help make our day memorable and have everything run so smoothly. All of the vendors she recommended were amazing, and I know without a doubt that our wedding wouldn't have been such a success without of all of Amy's input. She clearly knows what she's doing, so if she has a suggestion, listen to her! Knowing that I had Amy as our wedding planner greatly helped to reduce the amount of stress I felt while planning our wedding. Overall our experience with Amy was great, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone planning a wedding! Thank you for everything, Amy! ☺

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Colleen S

First Comes Love gave us the wedding of our dreams! We had ideas and pinterest but Amy and FCL brought them come to life. We waited until the right moment to get married so that our wedding would become everything we wanted it to be and more. We also knew that having a wedding... Read More planner from Day 1 would be essential to creating our masterpiece for the greatest day of our lives. FCL offers all the connections and insight you need for vendors, can save you on costs with their relationships with vendors, and even will broaden their scope of vendors just to give you exactly what you are looking for! Amy made us feel important. As if we were her only wedding and focus because she paid such close attention to our desires and kept in constant communication. I sent Amy literally hundreds of emails and she responded to every single one of them with sincerity. My wedding day was completely stress-free and FCL worked incredibly hard to bring everything together! We had so many items, vendors, and a huge wedding party/ family and Amy rolled with it with such grace and ease. My husband and I will forever be grateful to the amazing Amy and FCL. Our wedding day was above and beyond our expectations! You must hire FCL and I promise you it will be the best decision you make in your entire planning process :)

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Colleen C

Perfection! All we had was a venue and church in mind prior to getting First Comes Love on board. Once we met with Amy there it was smooth sailing! we did not think it possible not to be stressed but there was no stress at all! It was so fun working with Amy and so easy! Very... Read More accommodating, responsive and helpful! Loved everything about First Comes Love and HIGHLY recommend! The wedding was everything we dreamed of and more! Thank you a million times!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Amy and her team! The day of the event was the most fabulous, stress free event and we couldn't have done it without First Comes Love. They are affordable, extremely helpful, and just all around a great company to work with. They... Read More were extremely easy to communicate with, willing to step up in anyway and take my own opinions seriously! I would highly recommend using First Comes Love, Thank you!!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Briana C

If I could offer any piece of advice to any bride, it would be to hire Amy at First Comes Love. She literally made our day perfect. I had went the first 5 months of my engagement planning everything on my own. However, as time progressed our venue was sold to another... Read More company, our banquet manager had changed multiple times and everything was starting to get a bit chaotic. That is when we reached out to Amy. We decided to go for her month-of-coordination. First – Her prices are very competitive and include SO much more than your average coordinator. Second – Her professionalism is bar none. In our first meeting it was clear she knew what she was doing. Third – She was completely available via phone and email whenever I needed her. This included around the holidays (our wedding was January 9th) Lastly – THE BIG DAY – I cannot tell you how flawlessly executed everything was. If there were any problems, we STILL do not know about any of them. All of our family and friends completed her work and how “together” everything was. She was hands down the best investment we made for our wedding. Thank you Amy and team for making our day truly remarkable!

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Lindsay R

Amy at First Comes Love was amazing. I spoke with a lot of different wedding planners and for the price she really had the most to offer. One of the biggest reasons I chose her though was that she had tented the outdoor venue we decided upon. I felt confident that even if El... Read More Nino decided to rain on our big day that Amy had the experience to handle it. I used her partial planning service and it was perfect. She would send me a list of 3-4 vendors within my budget and then I'd talk with them, decide who I'd like and then she'd negotiate prices. It was so nice not having to research all of the internet trying to find people. There were only 2 or 3 instances I found someone outside of the list she recommended. Leading up to the day of the wedding I was confident she had everything under control. She even helped us with a small crisis that threatened to cause us to postpone the wedding. The day of the wedding I didn't notice a single issue and I'm sure that's because of Amy and her team. The venue looked amazing. Everything went smoothly, my husband and I had an amazingly fun time and so did all of our guests. She really took care of us, even finding us left over food to take back to the hotel with us for a midnight snack. She really helped make our day stress free!

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Jacqueline L

Amy was amazing. Everyone tells you that your wedding day is going to go by quickly and before you have a chance to process what is happening, it's over. We hired Amy for day-of coordination, so we got all our own vendors, but on the day we had the luxury of letting Amy take... Read More care of the timeline. She made sure everything was where it needed to be. There were a couple moments that would have been stressful (e.g. We were missing a bouquet, we were having trouble bustling the dress, etc). I didn't even have a second to worry because I knew Amy would take care of me. I truly think Amy was instrumental in allowing us to really experience the day rather than worrying about whether we had planned everything perfectly beforehand. I can't recommend Amy enough!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Kaitlin Y

We had such an amazing experience with Amy and First Comes Love. Amy was so organized and attentive to us during the entire planning process. I was planning my wedding from a different city and Amy's recommendations for vendors in San Diego were spot on, she really made sure... Read More that everyone she recommended fit with our vision for the wedding and was within our price range. Every vendor we booked through her was professional, responsive and very good at their job. Her guidance was invaluable and our wedding wouldn't have been nearly as flawless or beautiful without her. I can't say enough positive things about Amy or First Comes Love!

Best money I've ever spent!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Stephanie T

I can not say enough positive things about Amy and First Comes Love Wedding and Events. From our initial conversation, Amy was attentive, supportive, thorough in all aspects of wedding planning. This was a second wedding for both my husband and myself, so we wanted a wedding... Read More that was informal but still intimate and celebratory. Amy provided excellent suggestions and was always right on point with our overall vision for the event. Every vendor she recommended provided exceptional service. To her credit, Amy had a family crisis take place on the day of our wedding and she still was able to make us feel at ease and attended to. (p.s. her assistant Tanya was just as amazing!) I would highly recommend her services to anyone planning a wedding - her company provides several options that offer her amazing service on any type of budget. Overall, Amy allowed me to enjoy the entire wedding planning process, and for that I am forever grateful! It was the most magical day of my life :)

Amy is Awesome!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Elisabeth B

When I was looking for a wedding planner to help me plan, First Comes Love fell right into our budget and came along with a fantastic wedding planner, Amy Ulkutekin. I was trying to coordinate a wedding in San Diego from Orange County, and she was so helpful the whole way... Read More through. Amy's vendor recommendations were fantastic, and she went out of her way to make sure everything on our special day went smoothly. Amy let us ship and store items at her home since we were trying to get things from OC to SD and was just so accommodating. She was calm and handled every issue that arose during our day like it was no big deal which really let me enjoy our special day. Amy is so good at what she does, that it completely eased my jitters and worries just knowing she was on my team. I highly recommend Amy if you are looking for an awesome wedding planner.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Catherine K

Fingers crossed that I'll never have to get married again, but if I do the best upside I can think of is that I'd get to work with Amy again! I had only six months to plan my dream destination wedding and just the thought of it kept this Seattle bride up late into the night.... Read More But once I hired Amy as my coordinator, I felt relaxed and confident. Because I knew I was in good hands, I was able to enjoy every part of the planning process. Amy is professional, fun, detail-oriented, and simply put the VERY BEST at what she does. She goes above and beyond...from putting together my favors by hand the day before the wedding (which she even let me have shipped to her house!) to coordinating my travel itinerary when I visited San Diego to meet and interview vendors. She helped keep my stress level to a minimum and, with my worrying personality, that is saying a lot. For everything she did, what I am most grateful for is how great she was day of. I've been a part of wedding parties where the bride was stressed out having to deal with last minute vendor issues, setting-up, menu changes, family drama etc., that they couldn't even enjoy their big day once it was finally here. Because of Amy, my husband and I had to deal with none of that at all. For all we knew, from start to finish, the wedding was absolutely perfect with no hiccups whatsoever. But, we aren't naive. We know that it only felt seamless to us because Amy made it that way. Our wedding was unforgettable and we owe so much of it to her. We are forever grateful. Thank you, Amy!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015

I can't begin to tell you how happy we were hiring Amy and First Comes Love as our wedding planning. Amy simply is amazing. Let me know tell, Amy simply paid for herself with helping us negotiate our contract with our venue. Right off the bat we were happy with our choice. She... Read More orchestrated all of our vendors and ensured that we got great deals across the board, made sure they were all set on the night of the wedding. We have over 220 people at our wedding, and everything ran perfectly. not once glitch. First Comes Love and Amy are absolutely professional, knowledgable with what they are doing, and also really fun to work with. I would and have recommended their services to friends and family.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Kelly P

Amy and her team pulled all of our loose ends together so seamlessly. We hired FCL as our day-of coordinator, but they really started working a few weeks out from our wedding. The amount of detail that was put into our timeline and all of the day-of coordination made it so that... Read More my husband and I could fully enjoy the day without worrying whether something was getting done. I'm so glad I spent the money to have the peace of mind and couldn't be happier with my choice!

Wedding Ninja

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Lisa W

Amy (at FCL) stealthily stalks and eliminates issues before they can become the faintest whisper of a problem. That's the extent of my Ninja metaphors, but suffice to say Amy did an outstanding job and made our wedding the most enjoyable, memorable and stress-free experience... Read More possible. My wife and I (still sounds weird) agreed it's one of those rare occasions where the experience greatly exceeded the expectations. Amy is supremely helpful, knowledgeable, connected, effective, persistent, unflappable, and overall amazing! I guess the best compliment I can think of is that I got cautioned from a lot of friends before the wedding that I really needed to 'focus on enjoying myself' and not be distracted by obligations from the caterer, photographer, etc etc. Well I can tell you that we had an absolutely incredible time, and we don't feel like we missed out on anything! Amy played a huge part in allowing us the freedom and peace of mind to enjoy the day, and we will always be thankful.

Impeccable Perfection

Reviewed on 5/30/2015

The reviews that have been previously posted of Amy Ulkutekin and First Comes Love are so glowing that it is a challenge to add anything new. Our experience was so positive that we feel compelled to try. After many failed attempts to find a planner for our daughters wedding we... Read More desperately Googled “Wedding Planners La Jolla” up came First Comes Love. It was an amazing piece of luck that we found her. The website is very well done and informative, it seemed like just what we were looking for. We were looking for a larger more professional planner than most others seem to offer. After a long phone conversation with Amy we booked their full service as we were planning this wedding in California from Texas. The fact that she had worked many times with our venue was an added plus. For the next seven months Amy skillfully guided us as we put together the pieces for the big day. She has wonderful contacts for floral, rentals, etc., most of which we would never have found on our own, or at the prices she was able to negotiate. Always there when we needed her, remembering even the smallest of details, keeping us on task, with a smile on her face and always cool and collected. The day went beautifully, without a visible hitch thanks totally to Amy and her staff….

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Holly W

We worked with Lindsay and I cannot stress enough how amazing she was! She was our "day of" wedding coordinator but was so much more than that! Her guidance throughout the process was invaluable! I truly could not have done it without her! From day one, she was so kind,... Read More thoughtful and gave such amazing suggestions on how to make our wedding day perfect! On the wedding day, I was stress free and she lead everything seamlessly. I would recommend Lindsay to anyone and everyone!

Day of Coordinator

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Kimberly S

Amy with First Comes Love was amazing. She was organized, calm and on top every detail.

Meet The Manager

Team FCL

We are a team of talented event professionals planners who love what we do. The business started in 2008. Amy had a background in large scale event production for big PR firms and brought together some amazingly talented and equally type-A event managers to create the team we are today. We think that wedding planning should be fun and as stress free as possible. When we're not working weddings you can find us producing Diner en Blanc - San Diego or Best Coast Beer Fest and when we're off drinking wine, hiking and traveling.