First Comes Love Weddings and Events

Specializing in San Diego and Orange County

Planning Isn't Just Our Job, It's Our Passion

Your wedding is a big deal. Not only is it a day to celebrate your love, but it is one of the biggest events you will ever plan. Unless you do this day in and day out, having a professional planner by your side is the best way to maximize your budget and plan the best wedding possible. Our job to bring the best of the best vendor team together to maximize your budget and create a wedding that reflects your vision and who the two of you are as a couple. We are straight forward, love our job and want to help you plan the best day ever. Call today to set-up a complimentary consultation 619.501.1695 - [email protected]

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

5785 La Jolla Blvd #A, La Jolla, CA Specializing in San Diego and Orange County (619) 501-1695

Best Money I Ever Spent!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Janelle D

Amy at First Comes Love went above and beyond any and all expectations I could have ever dreamed. Where do I begin? I stumbled upon Amy after calling several other planners who wouldn't even talk to me unless I increased my budget. I was starting to lose hope in finding a... Read More planner, who I desperately wanted/needed to help me navigate the unknown waters of wedding planning. Since our very first meeting Amy was so honest and helpful. When I contacted her to upgrade to the more expensive package, she actually told me I didn't need it. Whhaatt?!? A vendor with integrity? I could hardly believe it. From then on I knew I was working with an incredible company who I could truly depend on. And even though I didn't get the more expensive package she still treated me like I was the only client in the world. She was always accessible, gave incredible recommendations, and actually helped us stay on budget. Also I should mention when vendors told us certain things were not possible (aka having a slideshow play during the father/Daughter dance because of the way the venue was set up), Amy made it happen! She did all this while having a newborn and planning her own wedding. In my eyes she is a super woman. If all the help she provided planning the wedding wasn't enough, the day of the event she was like my fairy godmother. I was completely unorganized, I had a billion DIY projects that I dumped on her the day before the wedding, even though I swore I wouldn't be one of those last minute brides, I was still writing place cards, putting slideshow together, and finishing up the details while I was getting my hair done. (I do NOT recommend this lol) I was supposed to leave a general guideline for Amy to help her navigate the tornado I had left for her the day before and I left her nothing. But she still managed to take my disaster and transform it into an event more awe inspiring than I could have ever imagined. I can't even begin to wonder what she could have done had I actually given her an organized itemized list as I should have. Plus I had so many extra events and surprises planned for the evening and she made sure they all went over flawlessly. Even when small things happened that were not at all her fault, she was there immediately taking care of it, before anyone even knew what was happening. All in all it was an incredible experience. There is no way I could have planned this myself and on top of it she saved us a ton of money, which was really nice as we didn't have a ton to spare. Most women I talked to said planning their wedding was extremely stressful and that I should just elope. Thanks to Amy I get to be one of the lucky ones who gets to say yes at times it was stressful, (I would be lying if I told you there was no stress), but because I had such an incredible team backing me I enjoyed every second of it. It was so much fun from the first pinterest pin to the last Dance. I loved it all. And so did all my guests. I still have people telling me it was one of the best, most entertaining, organized, beautiful weddings they have ever been too. For so many reasons, I couldn't be happier and I can't recommend Amy enough!

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Laura M

When my husband and I got engaged, we knew we wanted to get married in San Diego - we had both lived there, and where we first met. I hadn't started to gather ideas for the wedding until a few months after we were first engaged. I was procrastinating the planning, because I had... Read More originally thought I would be doing most of it, and the idea wasn't as appealing as most would think. In my mind it was going to be overwhelming. During my initial search of one of my favorite wedding blogs, Style Me Pretty, I kept noticing that the featured brides almost always had a wedding planner. After talking with my husband, we had decided to contact a few to see if hiring a planner was a right fit for us. One vendor I came into contact with actually recommended having a planner as well, and with that, she recommended Amy Ulkutekin, with First Comes Love. After sending a brief email to Amy, we scheduled our consultation with her and we honestly did not know what to expect. We originally went in thinking that we only wanted to hire someone for the day-of. But the moment we first set foot in the studio, we loved everything about Amy and what she had to offer. She was so personable, down to earth, and just plain real. She understood our initial vision and even encouraged us to meet with other planners to find the best fit for us. On the drive home, my husband and I only had to discuss it for several minutes, when we came to the conclusion that we didn't need to meet with anyone else. So we contacted Amy the very next day to book her. On top of that, we hired her for Partial Planning versus only hiring her for the Day-Of. Amy was spectacular on our wedding day and all the days leading up to it. She helped us stay within our budget, while helping us create our vision. She was always available when we needed her or had a question, and our wedding day turned out to be just as we imagined it and more. Amy worked well with our other vendors, and just kept the whole day running smoothly; even when my maid of honor had a mishap with her dress, Amy was there to save the day. I can easily go on about how great Amy and her staff were, but only because I have limited space to type, will I begin to wrap this up. Hiring Amy and her First Comes Love staff was the BEST decision we could have made to help plan and coordinate our wedding. All the stress that I could have had on the day-of just simply didn't exist. All I can say is that if you're contemplating hiring a wedding planner, I highly recommend one. And First Comes Love is SIMPLY THE BEST!

Amy is the best!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Jennifer K

If you're considering Amy for your wedding planner, look no further. You will not find better. She is just amazing! She truly excels at her job. Our wedding at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla was the best day of our lives and went off without a hitch despite a... Read More very large wedding party and many vendors, thanks to Amy. Amy really knows what she's doing and it shows in her work. She made excellent vendor recommendations and kept us on track with all of our planning throughout the year. She's also a really nice person and was a joy to have monthly calls with! We really felt like she had our back throughout the whole process. When vendors were difficult, she was great at tactfully but firmly dealing with them. On the day of, she was doing a million things behind the scenes (most of which even now I'm sure we don't realize) that ensured that we were stress-free and having a wonderful time. Even the bridesmaids and mothers kept saying, "Amy is amazing!" Amy was the most important person we hired and we are so glad that we did!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Ciara G

So before we were even ENGAGED, I had done a crazy amount of research on Wedding Planners/Coordinators in San Diego. We interviewed two and Amy was our number one pick! She was there for us from day 1 and she made our November 2017 wedding the best day we ever could have... Read More imagined! She was FANTASTIC! She answered any questions (even the crazy ones) we had, responded via email and phone calls right away, gave excellent vendor referrals and so much more. We could NOT have done this without her. We were able to enjoy our day fully with her help. I truly don't know how people do it without this help. Especially rehearsal, she was ON TOP OF IT. Our families loved her too. I really could go on and on about how amazing she is, but most importantly, hands down, she was everything we were looking for in a wedding coordinator and made our day possible without the slightest hitch (that we know about always:):)

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Kimberly K

From the Mother-of-the-Bride, I can honestly say that having Amy help us was the BEST decision we made! From negotiating our contract at the venue to helping us find the best vendors, Amy was a wonder. Her contacts are widespread and her reputation well-deserved. Our wedding... Read More was flawless in the timing the day-of the event, and her calm demeanor and super organization made it incredibly easy for us... Oh, and she does up a mean bustle!! Hiring First Comes Love was the FIRST and best decision we made....Thank you Amy!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Lindsay J

Lindsay with First Comes Love knocked our day out of the park. We hired her for partial planning services and she was a dream. We initially chose to work with her because she shared with us her background in wedding florals, wedding photography, and design. We talked her through... Read More our vision and she was able to guide us to a venue and vendors that were a perfect match to execute our vision. On the day she and her team did a fantastic job of setting up decor (I had A LOT), keeping us on schedule, and most importantly letting my husband and I relax and enjoy our day. I highly recommend Lindsay as well as all of the First Comes Love team.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

First Comes Love is amazing! They do an awesome job and are friendly, helpful, and overall wonderful at what they do! I would recommend them to my friends and family in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Sharon G

We were married just two short weeks ago and Amy coordinated our absolutely amazing day! There are so many wonderful and fantastic compliments we could give, but to start off our list, the most impressive and spectacular part was our chance/opportunity to simply relax, enjoy... Read More and take-in every moment - EVERYTHING else was taken care of! We were lucky enough to have Amy help as a partial planner where she met with us initially and then about once a month to touch base, suggest vendors, and work directly with the vendors (after we made selections) to work out the best possible package. She was always very cognizant of our tastes, provided very helpful background or details about a vendor to help in our decision and would consider our budget as part of her suggestions. When it got closer to the day, she attended our final walkthrough meeting with our catering manager and put us completely at ease with her plans for the reception ballroom. On the day, she was absolutely wonderful, we had the traditional 'day of' requests and she was calm, cool and collected while taking care of last minute details or changes. The detailed agenda she developed starting Friday with the rehearsal through her team's clean-up of the ballroom at the end of the reception Saturday night worked like clockwork. The design of the ballroom and her handling of each specific (scheduled) element of the reception made the night flow incredibly smooth and the coordination of all our vendors couldn't have been better. She even took all of our decorations, keepsakes, etc and stored them for us until we were able to meet with her to pick them up shortly after the big day. Without writing a novel, we aren't going to be able to thank Amy enough for the absolutely beautiful day she coordinated for our wedding, but our truly best compliment to her is she allowed us to be present in the most important moments throughout our day. Thank you Amy and to all those wishing for the perfect day, reach out to Amy for a little help along the way.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Tricia S

Choosing First Comes Love and Amy as our wedding planner was hands down the best decision we made during the entire wedding planning process! I initially chose them because they were rated very highly and their office happened to be across the street from our apartment. We met... Read More with Amy and she was warm, friendly, and really took the time to get to know us and what we envisioned. Picking them was a no-brainer at that point. Amy worked with us for almost 18 months during our engagement and she was there for us every step of the way and (if anything) was always a few steps ahead of us, letting us know what needed to be done next. Amy was so incredibly helpful with any questions or suggestions we needed. My approach in terms of wedding planning was that I am certainly not an expert (nor do I want to be!), and didn’t have time to do tons of research on my own. So, I absolutely LOVED being able to ask for Amy’s opinion about things (i.e. décor, wedding dress stores) and just have her give you “the scoop” about something or give you a few different options with her honest opinion about them. She was also able to get us some great vendor discounts as well- saved us so much money! We ended up having major issues with our venue because they started doing construction without telling us and they failed to adequately communicate with us about these issues a few times. Amy was seriously a superhero through the whole thing- she was on our team 100% and advocated for us through the entire process. When we arrived 10 days before the wedding for a final walk-through at the venue, they started new construction AGAIN in a different area of the hotel and didn’t bother mentioning it to us. I literally started crying and Amy, as always, just handled the entire situation. She already had alternative venues lined up and told us that if we wanted to, we could move the entire venue and basically sue our current venue for all the issues we had encountered and their poor communication. Amy said making the last-minute move would have been at no additional cost to us / completed covered in the fee we paid for her services up front. We ended up declining to move the venue and stick it out at the original venue. She negotiated an incredible amount of discounts and everything worked out perfectly! All the construction was covered up appropriately and the entire wedding day/ weekend was PERFECT! Overall, First Comes Love’s services are very reasonably priced for the amazing service you receive! So many of my friends who have used different wedding planners have complained about them (too expensive, not helpful enough, etc). Not only do I have zero complaints about their services, I would recommend them without hesitation! We also referred our friends who were throwing together a last-minute wedding and another wedding planner from FCL planned their entire beautiful wedding in less than a month and they were so happy with the services as well!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Natalie R

I worked with Amy for 2 years (yes, two YEARS) to plan my Scripps Seaside Forum wedding in La Jolla, CA. It was the most beautiful and amazing event ever. Her recommendations for everything were spot on (and i am extremely hard to please 😂) the flowers, food, photographer and... Read More band were phenomenal and Amy kept her cool throughout the entire process and my multiple bridal meltdowns! She is totally your person if you want to be kept at ease and on track during your wedding planning process. I loved working with her, Amy is the best!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Amy was the best! We were so pleased with all the help and service we received from Amy the month of and especially the day of our wedding. It was far more than we expected and we couldn't of been happier. She truly was amazing and made our day flow smoothly. We couldn't... Read More recommend Amy and First Comes Love enough! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Michele P

Amy from First Comes Love coordinated my wedding without a hitch so my husband and I were able to enjoy the event together and mingle with family and friends! It was truly magical, and for this I thank Amy! She was professional, calm and extremely personable. She did things... Read More exactly the way I would have done and I am a type-A personality. She has years of experience, she is organized, and she has an unflappable demeanor immediately putting me at ease! I opted for the partial planning package and it really paid for itself. She has lists of vendors that she normally works with and I determined which ones appealed to me, my personality, my price Amy fed me monthly to do lists, answered my endless questions and continually provided me with vendors, references, and ideas. Amy and her team, and her recommended vendors enabled me to create the perfect wedding! My friends and family are still raving about what a phenomenal time they had and commented on the perfection of the details! Next on my list is to take Amy out for a glass of wine so she can relax!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Amanda Q

Our wedding was truly the best day ever but this would not have been imaginable with out the amazing help and impeccable taste and planning of First Comes Love! Not only did we make the best choice when we choose First Comes Love but it took our wedding from dream to a real... Read More life fairytale! Every request I had was handled with precision, every question we had was met with invaluable advice and First Comes Love took ownership of our wedding as if it was their wedding. This is a once in a lifetime day and First Comes Love treated it as such! I could not ask for more professionalism or attention to detail than First Comes Love delivered. Thank you Amy, you were the best!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Gina E

Amy is amazing! We hired her for my stepdaughter's wedding and she was perfect. She is extremely organized and handled the details with ease. She has a few different package options for whatever level of involvement you need. She also has fantastic resources for vendors... Read More etc. She was at the venue the entire day of the wedding and there was not a glitch known to us. We highly recommend her - she will make the day flow perfectly.

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Dana L

Amy at First Comes Love gave me so much peace of mind and reassurance as our wedding approached. I worked with Amy as our Month of/Day of Coordinator and she guided us into our wedding day with ease and confidence. I had done most of the foot work with our vendors, but Amy... Read More picked up right where we left off and made an amazing timeline, contacted all of our vendors and truly made it so we could just sit back and relax. She was always very prompt via email and phone, helped me to stay organized and tied up every loose end, including some I didn't even know existed (like tip amounts, etc.) She supervised the set up of our reception, as we had a mass at a different location, and I was blown away. If you need a coordinator, who knows everyone in town, can recommend great vendors, will work with you and your groom for any and all of your needs, then call Amy!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mike H

When my fiance first brought up hiring a wedding planner, I thought it was a waste of money. My fiance is already over the top with planning, this is unnecessary. I could not have been more wrong. Amy made everything so much easier and on the day of the wedding, I don't know how... Read More we would have survived without her. It was the best wedding investment we made and I am so glad we found First Comes Love to help make our day so great.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Elizabeth G

From the planning stages to hours after the wedding ended, these ladies are remarkable. Their attention to detail, quality, and care of their clients is bar none. They are well connected with excellent vendors and they truly assemble a "dream team" for your big day. Not to... Read More mention, they are fun and easy to work with. I had my dream wedding thanks to First Comes Love. Would recommend to any couple who needs help coordinating their wedding. THANKS FCL! <3

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Navi K

Best wedding investment! Amy at First Comes Love was exactly what I needed to feel confident that our special day would would be seamless. From the first time we meet for coffee to see if it was a good fit, I knew right away that I could trust Amy to make decisions for our... Read More wedding that were aligned with our vision. She was highly responsive to all emails throughout the process. One of the things I appreciated most was that Amy knew the right level of which decisions to make independently during our wedding and which to run by us for approval. I highly recommend First Comes Love!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Carol B

Perfection! We had a magical wedding , thanks to the guidance of Amy at First Comes Love. For the wedding at Martin Johnson House in July 2016, we felt we needed a coordinator since the couple lived out of town and both the MOB and MOG (me) were involved in the planning. We... Read More hired Amy for partial service ( reasonable price!) and were completely satisfied. Amy knows everyone in the industry, has great judgement, and has a gratuitous yet diplomatic, professional demeanor that is perfect to help you get through tough decisions and stressful moments. We were able to reach her by e mail and phone on a same-day basis for all matters , big or small. Her monthly mailings with vendor suggestions and near term action items were spot-on and super helpful. In the final month, she kept everything on track with vendors and brought the event together with a detailed timeline that guided us smoothly. During the rehearsal and day-of, we found Amy and the team to be invaluable, with perfect direction and understated guidance that took all the worry out for us. I would recommend Amy whole-heartedly for your wedding planning.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lani G

We were lucky enough to have Amy as our wedding planner for our ceremony and reception at the Martin Johnson House in La Jolla, and she was fantastic!! I know she was working on multiple weddings at once, but it didn't seem like it because we always felt like we were a priority... Read More for her. We live in Los Angeles so we were planning the wedding from out of town, and Amy was great about planning multiple vendor meetings for the same day to accommodate our schedules, and she even met with us on her family day (her day off) because she knew it was the only time we would be able to make it. During planning she was always able to gently steer us in the right direction when we were being indecisive (I think she took such good notes at all our meetings and made such an effort to pay attention to my likes, dislikes, and general taste that sometimes she knew what I wanted even before I did!). In terms of communication, she was very prompt to respond to emails (often emailing us back late at night or early in the morning, or even when she was supposed to be on vacation), and she always told me to call her if I had any questions. Darren and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day and we are so grateful for all of Amy's expertise to help make our day memorable and have everything run so smoothly. All of the vendors she recommended were amazing, and I know without a doubt that our wedding wouldn't have been such a success without of all of Amy's input. She clearly knows what she's doing, so if she has a suggestion, listen to her! Knowing that I had Amy as our wedding planner greatly helped to reduce the amount of stress I felt while planning our wedding. Overall our experience with Amy was great, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone planning a wedding! Thank you for everything, Amy! ☺

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Colleen S

First Comes Love gave us the wedding of our dreams! We had ideas and pinterest but Amy and FCL brought them come to life. We waited until the right moment to get married so that our wedding would become everything we wanted it to be and more. We also knew that having a wedding... Read More planner from Day 1 would be essential to creating our masterpiece for the greatest day of our lives. FCL offers all the connections and insight you need for vendors, can save you on costs with their relationships with vendors, and even will broaden their scope of vendors just to give you exactly what you are looking for! Amy made us feel important. As if we were her only wedding and focus because she paid such close attention to our desires and kept in constant communication. I sent Amy literally hundreds of emails and she responded to every single one of them with sincerity. My wedding day was completely stress-free and FCL worked incredibly hard to bring everything together! We had so many items, vendors, and a huge wedding party/ family and Amy rolled with it with such grace and ease. My husband and I will forever be grateful to the amazing Amy and FCL. Our wedding day was above and beyond our expectations! You must hire FCL and I promise you it will be the best decision you make in your entire planning process :)

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Colleen C

Perfection! All we had was a venue and church in mind prior to getting First Comes Love on board. Once we met with Amy there it was smooth sailing! we did not think it possible not to be stressed but there was no stress at all! It was so fun working with Amy and so easy! Very... Read More accommodating, responsive and helpful! Loved everything about First Comes Love and HIGHLY recommend! The wedding was everything we dreamed of and more! Thank you a million times!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Amy and her team! The day of the event was the most fabulous, stress free event and we couldn't have done it without First Comes Love. They are affordable, extremely helpful, and just all around a great company to work with. They... Read More were extremely easy to communicate with, willing to step up in anyway and take my own opinions seriously! I would highly recommend using First Comes Love, Thank you!!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Briana C

If I could offer any piece of advice to any bride, it would be to hire Amy at First Comes Love. She literally made our day perfect. I had went the first 5 months of my engagement planning everything on my own. However, as time progressed our venue was sold to another... Read More company, our banquet manager had changed multiple times and everything was starting to get a bit chaotic. That is when we reached out to Amy. We decided to go for her month-of-coordination. First – Her prices are very competitive and include SO much more than your average coordinator. Second – Her professionalism is bar none. In our first meeting it was clear she knew what she was doing. Third – She was completely available via phone and email whenever I needed her. This included around the holidays (our wedding was January 9th) Lastly – THE BIG DAY – I cannot tell you how flawlessly executed everything was. If there were any problems, we STILL do not know about any of them. All of our family and friends completed her work and how “together” everything was. She was hands down the best investment we made for our wedding. Thank you Amy and team for making our day truly remarkable!

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Lindsay R

Amy at First Comes Love was amazing. I spoke with a lot of different wedding planners and for the price she really had the most to offer. One of the biggest reasons I chose her though was that she had tented the outdoor venue we decided upon. I felt confident that even if El... Read More Nino decided to rain on our big day that Amy had the experience to handle it. I used her partial planning service and it was perfect. She would send me a list of 3-4 vendors within my budget and then I'd talk with them, decide who I'd like and then she'd negotiate prices. It was so nice not having to research all of the internet trying to find people. There were only 2 or 3 instances I found someone outside of the list she recommended. Leading up to the day of the wedding I was confident she had everything under control. She even helped us with a small crisis that threatened to cause us to postpone the wedding. The day of the wedding I didn't notice a single issue and I'm sure that's because of Amy and her team. The venue looked amazing. Everything went smoothly, my husband and I had an amazingly fun time and so did all of our guests. She really took care of us, even finding us left over food to take back to the hotel with us for a midnight snack. She really helped make our day stress free!

Meet The Manager

Team FCL

We are a team of talented event professionals planners who love what we do. The business started in 2008. Amy had a background in large scale event production for big PR firms and brought together some amazingly talented and equally type-A event managers to create the team we are today. We think that wedding planning should be fun and as stress free as possible. When we're not working weddings you can find us producing Diner en Blanc - San Diego or Best Coast Beer Fest and when we're off drinking wine, hiking and traveling.