3626 Country Club Drive, Charlotte, NC (704) 916-9399

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Devon A

Alex with First Dance Charlotte is amazing! My husband and I booked on such short notice that we only had two lessons before our wedding, and we absolutely killed our first dance! She gave us the confidence to be able to learn basic steps and put them together to the music. She... Read More is so easy to work with and well worth it!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Marilyn S

totally amazing!! Alex created a new choreography for our song, she teached us to dance and it was very fun, she is very patient. Brian and I enjoyed dancing lessons so much, it just took our mind off the stress and for one hour we were focusing on one single thing.... at our... Read More wedding day, everyone was so surprised to see us dancing.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Alyssa M

Alex was absolutely amazing! Jason and I took dance lessons a couple years before our wedding but felt like we forgot pretty much everything we had learned. The first day we came to Alex's studio for our choreographed wedding dance, we knew she would be a perfect fit! She gets... Read More along with anyone and has created a wonderful laid back and comfortable atmosphere to learn. She made our experience fun and exciting and did not scrutinize when Jason and I were having an "off" day. She worked with our busy schedule and did not get frustrated when I had to reschedule a lesson. Everyone was amazed with our wedding dance on May 6, 2017 and we owe it all to Alex! She comes highly recommended and for good reason! Thank you so much Alex!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Malissa D

Alex is absolutely amazing! She did a great job with our first dance and our guests were absolutely blown away. She's so personable and easy to learn from.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Tina T

Alex was so sweet and patient with her lessons. My (now) husband isn't comfortable with dancing but she was able to use his sports experience to translate into dancing (who knew?!). It was casual and comfortable in her home with great wood floors in a big space. We enjoyed our... Read More experience and would definitely recommend her to others!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Sydney W

Alex is amazing! Her home is lovely and she was patient with us while helping design a dance perfect for our first dance. Our guests were impressed with our dance and we felt fully prepared! I highly recommend First Dance Charlotte!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Chelsea K

Alex is absolutely amazing and so fun to work with!! My fiance and I had no dance moves coming in and she certainly changed that! We took 5 classes with her and feel so confident going into our wedding next week! I highly recommend her to anyone wanting to either learn... Read More choreography for their wedding OR just learn a few moves so you aren't just swaying the whole time. My fiance and I did not do any set choreography, but learned over 5 different moves to work into our first dance :) She is very patient and so personable - so it was like working with a close friend! She even took videos of us that we could watch when we got home, which was very helpful. Definitely worth every minute/dollar!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Mallorie M

Alex exceeded my expectations by choreographing not just our first dance, but my father/daughter dance as well. She is so kind and personable and really made each class calm, relaxing but also so much fun. From a more formal dance for my first dance to a fun/fast paced dance... Read More for the father/daughter dance, she can do it all! She eased my dads nerves and made his non-dancing self into a dancing machine (Alex, I'll have to send you a video - it was great!) and now my husband loves to count dance steps (after saying he didn't think he would like dance class). so thank you so much, Alex! Your choreography added so much to our day and we can't thank you enough!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Taylor S

Alex was amazing in helping my wife and I create a perfect first dance at our wedding. We still practice it today for fun! She was able to pick out our strengths (and weaknesses) right away and created a dance for us that played to those. We had a great time and it was a... Read More relaxing experience in the middle of all the other wedding planning activities. All in all a great experience for my wife and me and we couldn't be happier. Thanks Alex! :)

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Lowery B

ALEX IS AMAZING! We loved working with her!! She is so down to earth and will make you feel so comfortable doing something that might not be the most comfortable! We used her for our first dance and father/daughter dance. She made us feel confident! I also loved that it was... Read More completely private vs. being in a large ballroom studio with other people practicing. We loved what she choreographed for us! She taught us so much!! You will not be disappointed if you use Alex!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Rachel Y

Let me start off by saying that taking dance lessons was my idea of a great way to bond and get to spend time with my future husband. I viewed it as another form of premarital counseling or learning another way to communicate without necessarily using words. We ended up with was... Read More not just one beautiful memory but many really great ones! Alex is amazing! I looked forward to every lesson that we had and was upset to see our last class end. My husband was apprehensive at first but after a few lessons really got into it. Alex was able to teach to both of our different learning styles and cheer us on the whole time. She cheered us on and kept us feeling great. Our first dance was for sure a highlight of the evening. I would recommend Alex to any of my friends.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Taryn H

Alex is such a perfect fit for helping with your first dance. My mother-in-law and husband used her for their dance, and me and my husband used her as well. I was nervous our song was too quick, but she was quick to assure me it was great and produced an AMAZING choreographed... Read More dance for us. She's super easy to work with, very flexible, and is simply amazing at what she does. Couldn't image doing lessons with anyone else for this special day. So thankful to have found her.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Angel G

Alex was amazing. We wanted a special dance choreographed just for us that would leave our guests in awe, something different that we hadn’t seen on a YouTube video, and something very elegant for our venue. Alex did a great job choreographing our dance. It was so much fun to... Read More learn and we continue to practice when our song comes on or we are just in the kitchen cooking together. We’ve gone to dance classes at other places and we didn’t just want to learn a traditional type of dance for our first dance in an impersonal way but we wanted a dance just for us that only we knew. The dance she created brought us out of our shell and she taught us a lot that we never thought we would be able to accomplish like multiple turns, dips, and lifts. At the lift when the song is almost over, there is a pause for us to take a moment and that’s when everyone thinks the dance is over, and then we go right back in to more spins and turns and finish it off with 2 dips! Our guests went crazy and that is exactly what we wanted for our first dance as husband and wife.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Dennis P

My daughter asked me about our father daughter dance at her upcoming wedding. Now I can sway with the best of them, but I could tell she was hoping for a little more than just moving our feet. She contacted Alex and the rest was history. At our first lesson I was very nervous... Read More having never taken a dance lesson in my life. Alex was quick to offer encouragement and quickly got my daughter and I doing some basic moves. She made sure that we were comfortable with each new move before we moved on to the next one. By the end of three lessons I was looking like a real dancer. Alex choreographed our entire dance and made it unique to us. My daughter and I were a big hit at the wedding. Thank you Alex!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Abby P

Alex is AMAZING!! I have always loved to dance and wanted to do a really impressive first dance, but my husband hates dancing and is convinced he can’t dance at all. Alex to the rescue! We started a few months before the wedding and Alex choreographed and taught us a swing dance... Read More to “In the Mood” completed with a back flip (that got tons of cheers from our guests)! Alex was great about teaching us parts of the dance in small chunks and not moving on until we felt comfortable. She also would spend the beginning of the lessons helping us with parts from the previous lesson that we discovered we were struggling with when we practiced on our own, before moving on to new material. This helped our confidence level greatly! Finally, she didn’t have a problem adapting her choreography to mesh with ideas we had or problems we were having, which made the experience feel very collaborative and fun! If you want to wow your guests with a first dance but one or both of you are a little nervous about dancing, hire Alex! She’ll make it a fun experience (that you’ll miss once the wedding is over) and will have both of you dancing like pros in no time!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Lindsay H

Before our wedding my now wife and I decided to do a trial run of what our first dance would be. It was a complete disaster, there was a lot of swaying and no direction. We found Alex with First Dance Charlotte and she saved our first dance. Alex was able to choreograph a dance... Read More for our specific song with a variety of moves: steps, dips, twists, and lifts. She started off with easy steps and built on as we got more comfortable with the moves. I have zero dancing experience but she was able to give me the confidence and skills I needed to impress my bride and my guests. Alex was very fun to work with, extremely outgoing, and has a great studio that offers plenty of space to practice and privacy for those that are shy. My wife and I strongly recommend using Alex to prepare for the first dance. Having a good first dance is something that our guests still talk about months later.

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Troy T

Me and my wife had no real dance experience before we met Alex and she was awesome from our first meeting. She designed a great dance that wasn't too hard to get down after some practice. We got compliments from everyone at our wedding about how good our dance was even though we... Read More missed a few steps from nerves(the guests never knew it). I would recommend her to anyone close to Charlotte. Her scheduling was also great and she was able to accommodate us when we needed to change our meeting times when we had things come up. I also would recommend 5 lessons if you have no experience.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Josie P

Alex was wonderful! I could not speak more highly of her. Her choreography was not just the cookie cutter steps; It enabled us to stay true to who we are as a couple with originality. I would recommend her to all of my family and friends.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Kristy B

Alex was perfect for us!! We went in with ZERO experience and needed lots of help - but she was patient, had a good sense of humor, and provided us the direction we needed to make our first dance fun and a big success! We looked forward to our classes each week and had so much... Read More fun with it. The choreography she came up with was awesome! She asked for our input in parts to make sure we were comfortable with it and to make sure it felt like "our" dance. She gave us confidence by challenging us with some moves but worked with us until we nailed them. She was so sweet and shared our excitement for our big day. Absolutely no complaints about her - she is extremely talented as a dancer and a teacher and we highly recommend her to everyone.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Hannah K

The highlight of our wedding planning! Alexandra is amazing and became more like a friend! We looked forward to our appointments and laughed a lot! She is personable, laid back, organized and super kind. I highly recommend to any engaged or married couples. We hope to continue... Read More to see her for "tune ups" and to learn more dancing for other weddings! I cannot say enough good things. This is in her home - but a separate entrance. The scene is relaxed and personable. LOVE LOVE her!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Jaimie I

Alex was a WONDERFUL instructor. We worked with Alex to prepare for our first dance, and she not only taught us the steps we needed for our first dance but also took the time to get to understand the experience that we wanted to have. We are very thankful that Alex had the time... Read More to work with us and would recommend her to anyone! Thanks Alex!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Michaelia K

TGFA – Thank God for Alex. I grew up playing sports – was never a dancer. Needless to say, we needed a lot of help. My husband and I purchased the 5-class package and Alex choreographed our entire first dance. Alex was a great instructor; she had unlimited patience with our... Read More less-than-beginner experience. She was able to transform frustrating moments and repetitive mistakes into lighthearted giggles followed by positive corrections. In addition, her private studio made for a very personal, comfortable learning environment. By the end of our 5 lessons, we felt like professionals. We headed to the dance floor with confidence on our wedding day, and after our performance, we received so many compliments from our guests! The originality and creativity truly made our first dance genuine. We are so grateful we found Alex and we highly recommend her to all future brides!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Tyler H

Thanks to Alex, our first dance was like something out of the movies! The choreography she put together for our song was just perfect. An extremely talented teacher, Alex gave us the skills and confidence to perform our dance flawlessly. To all those couples looking to wow... Read More their wedding guests with their first dance, First Dance Charlotte is where you need to go!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Heidi F

My husband and I were so pleased with Alex and the first dance she choreographed for us. Although First Dance Charlotte has many clients, Alex made things feel so personal - like we were her only clients. Not only did we get a beautiful first dance out of her teachings, but we... Read More felt like we learned the basics of several genres of dance that we can now impress people with. Thanks, Alex!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kelli P

Alex is a phenomenal teacher! She listened to what we wanted for our first dance and created the most amazing dance. We had so much fun each week and have plans to return to Alex for lessons "just for fun" in the future. We received so many compliments from our guests after... Read More the wedding about our dance; they were definitely not expecting all the lifts and dips we had in our choreography! We would highly recommend Alex to anyone looking for a memorable first dance!