3626 Country Club Drive, Charlotte, NC (704) 916-9399

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Brianna W

Alex is one of the nicest people you will meet & she made our first dance AMAZING!!! We had 5 lessons with her and she was very accommodating with what we were or weren't comfortable with. My husband and I have 2 left feet so dance lessons were necessary if we wanted to do... Read More anything other than just your typical sway. Alex is so creative and really made every step come together perfectly!!! We nailed our dance the day of & it's all thanks to Alex!! Our friends could not stop talking about how amazing our dance was either, we cannot wait to get our official video back to share!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Emily F

We are so grateful to Alex for working with us on our first dance for our wedding! My fiance (now husband!) and I decided on dance lessons as a Christmas gift for each other, which ended up being such a fun decision. We are the type of couple that loves to dance at other... Read More peoples' weddings but felt nervous about having all eyes on us at our own. Dance lessons were the perfect way to get over that. From our first emails with Alex, we immediately felt comfortable and excited to get started. When we met Alex, we knew we had made the right decision! She was so friendly and inviting, and the studio space and lovely and cozy, like you're visiting a friend's home. Alex helped us pick the package that would be the best fit for us and our goals. She was accommodating with our schedule and generally just very helpful with the planning logistics. In fact, the dance lessons didn't feel like part of the wedding planning; they simply felt like a nice, relaxing, bonding experience with my husband-to-be. We looked forward to playing our song at home and practicing after work so we could show up prepared. We hit an unexpected roadblock three weeks before our wedding when my fiance ruptured his Achilles tendon leaving him unable to bear weight on his right foot for 4-6 weeks. We knew he would be on crutches for the big day. We were both heartbroken to realize our plans for a sweet first dance were not likely possible, and we emailed Alex to let her know. Alex immediately revised our dance, even eliciting the the help of her husband, and came up with multiple ways to maintain it, including my fiance dancing from a chair. She was so kind and encouraging, and she did her very best to make our dance the best it could be. Her spirited approach to helping us renewed our confidence, and ended up with not only a memorable first dance, but also a whole lot of special memories. We had a wonderful experience working with Alex, and we would do it all over again if we could!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Angela J

We could not have been happier with Alex and First Dance Charlotte! My husband and I were a little nervous because we had never done anything like this before, but Alex was able to teach us (what I consider) an impressive dance routine in only five lessons. By the day of our... Read More wedding we were really confident and had a blast showing our friends and family what we had learned! At this point I believe that Alex could teach a brick to salsa. We had a great time with her at our lessons and looked forward to them every week. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Lauren R

Based upon a wonderful referral from a recently married friend, my husband, Justin, and I decided to take a few dance lessons with Alex in preparation for our upcoming wedding. We worked with Alex four different times, and we left each and every lesson telling one another “That... Read More was SO much fun!!!”... and it really was! So fun in fact that we plan on continuing to take dance lessons with her in the future. Alex proved to be an incredible instructor, full of patience and great ideas, with a disarming ability to make you feel instantly comfortable. She took our requested wedding song and incorporated lovely and unique dance combinations, including elements of salsa, waltz and rumba. The final product quickly became one of our very favorite moments on our wedding day. Twirling around the dance floor with my newly minted husband has become one of my most cherished memories. Thank you, Alex, for working with Justin and me-- you are simply the best!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Tori A

Without having any previous dance experience, my husband and I were nervous going into our first lesson. Our nerves quickly disappeared when we met Alex. She has a private, cozy, intimate studio setting. She was able to take our song and customize a first dance for us. Over the... Read More course of five lessons, we were able to build confidence and perfect our routine for our wedding. We even added a lift! Our friends and family were completely blown away by our dance. We received so many compliments. Because of Alex, and her teaching style, we looked forward to our weekly lessons, and were able to create a first dance that we will never forget. If you are considering taking dance lessons, we would highly recommend Alex. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Chloe F

We loved taking lessons with Alex for our first dance! She made the lessons fun and stress-free, and we truly looked forward to our sessions each week. Alex is super patient, personable, and made us feel comfortable right away - even though neither of us had any dancing... Read More experience at all. Our final choreography was fairly simple (which is what we asked for), but had great crowd-pleaser moments that definitely impressed our guests. Alex also went the extra mile by sending our practice video to our videographer and photographer so they could be primed for the "wow" moments. Our photographer got some amazing shots because of that. Thanks, Alex, for helping us look like pros on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Carey P

This was one of our favorite wedding memories! As any engaged couple knows, wedding planning can be a little stressful! We would always leave our lessons with Alex laughing. She was so sweet and patient. First Dance Charlotte choreographed the most amazing routine that was a... Read More crowd favorite. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Pat F

Alex was wonderful! My husband and I got married in Mallorca, Spain and didn’t see the venue or anything before we got there (luckily all was wonderful), so the first dance was the only thing we could really prepare for. Our first dance was beautiful and the highlight of our... Read More wedding video and the day! Alex even helped with our mother/son and father/daughter dances. We did the wine and cheese package and can’t recommend Alex enough! XO, Aly (and Pat)

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Marci G

Alex was such a pleasure to work with to prepare our first dance for our big day! She was so patient in making sure we were always comfortable and answering many questions I had before scheduling classes. She went above and beyond! We feel so good now about dancing... Read More together!wedding.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Ray B

For anyone who is looking for that special first dance on their big day, I definitely recommend Alex at First Dance Charlotte! She did a wonderful job choreographing our first dance and always showed both the patience and persistence to instill the confidence we needed... Read More (especially for me and my two left feet!). I had a lot of fun throughout the whole experience and the results speak for themselves! Her tutelage left us more than ready when the time came for the big moment and everyone loved the performance! Thanks again Alex!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Laura P

I am so glad I chose Alex at First Dance Charlotte to give my husband and I dance lessons! From the moment I first contacted her through our last dance lesson, she was wonderful! She was very responsive to my many emails, and she was so organized with scheduling our dance... Read More lessons. Alex was prepared with the choreography we would learn when we arrived for each lesson. At the end of each lesson, she provided us with written choreography and a phone recording of us dancing, which was really helpful. Best of all, she customized the choreography once she got to know us and our dancing ability level. Alex is very flexible. During each lesson, she would ask us if we wanted to practice a part again or move forward to a new part. She kept the lessons at our pace. I highly recommend Alex with First Dance Charlotte. She is very positive, personable, easy to work with, and organized. Neither my husband nor I had ever taken a dance lesson before, and by the end of the 5 lessons with her, we were dancing like pros! Our guest at the wedding were so impressed!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Devon A

Alex with First Dance Charlotte is amazing! My husband and I booked on such short notice that we only had two lessons before our wedding, and we absolutely killed our first dance! She gave us the confidence to be able to learn basic steps and put them together to the music. She... Read More is so easy to work with and well worth it!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Marilyn S

totally amazing!! Alex created a new choreography for our song, she teached us to dance and it was very fun, she is very patient. Brian and I enjoyed dancing lessons so much, it just took our mind off the stress and for one hour we were focusing on one single thing.... at our... Read More wedding day, everyone was so surprised to see us dancing.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Alyssa M

Alex was absolutely amazing! Jason and I took dance lessons a couple years before our wedding but felt like we forgot pretty much everything we had learned. The first day we came to Alex's studio for our choreographed wedding dance, we knew she would be a perfect fit! She gets... Read More along with anyone and has created a wonderful laid back and comfortable atmosphere to learn. She made our experience fun and exciting and did not scrutinize when Jason and I were having an "off" day. She worked with our busy schedule and did not get frustrated when I had to reschedule a lesson. Everyone was amazed with our wedding dance on May 6, 2017 and we owe it all to Alex! She comes highly recommended and for good reason! Thank you so much Alex!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Malissa D

Alex is absolutely amazing! She did a great job with our first dance and our guests were absolutely blown away. She's so personable and easy to learn from.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Tina T

Alex was so sweet and patient with her lessons. My (now) husband isn't comfortable with dancing but she was able to use his sports experience to translate into dancing (who knew?!). It was casual and comfortable in her home with great wood floors in a big space. We enjoyed our... Read More experience and would definitely recommend her to others!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Sydney W

Alex is amazing! Her home is lovely and she was patient with us while helping design a dance perfect for our first dance. Our guests were impressed with our dance and we felt fully prepared! I highly recommend First Dance Charlotte!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Chelsea K

Alex is absolutely amazing and so fun to work with!! My fiance and I had no dance moves coming in and she certainly changed that! We took 5 classes with her and feel so confident going into our wedding next week! I highly recommend her to anyone wanting to either learn... Read More choreography for their wedding OR just learn a few moves so you aren't just swaying the whole time. My fiance and I did not do any set choreography, but learned over 5 different moves to work into our first dance :) She is very patient and so personable - so it was like working with a close friend! She even took videos of us that we could watch when we got home, which was very helpful. Definitely worth every minute/dollar!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Mallorie M

Alex exceeded my expectations by choreographing not just our first dance, but my father/daughter dance as well. She is so kind and personable and really made each class calm, relaxing but also so much fun. From a more formal dance for my first dance to a fun/fast paced dance... Read More for the father/daughter dance, she can do it all! She eased my dads nerves and made his non-dancing self into a dancing machine (Alex, I'll have to send you a video - it was great!) and now my husband loves to count dance steps (after saying he didn't think he would like dance class). so thank you so much, Alex! Your choreography added so much to our day and we can't thank you enough!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Taylor S

Alex was amazing in helping my wife and I create a perfect first dance at our wedding. We still practice it today for fun! She was able to pick out our strengths (and weaknesses) right away and created a dance for us that played to those. We had a great time and it was a... Read More relaxing experience in the middle of all the other wedding planning activities. All in all a great experience for my wife and me and we couldn't be happier. Thanks Alex! :)

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Lowery B

ALEX IS AMAZING! We loved working with her!! She is so down to earth and will make you feel so comfortable doing something that might not be the most comfortable! We used her for our first dance and father/daughter dance. She made us feel confident! I also loved that it was... Read More completely private vs. being in a large ballroom studio with other people practicing. We loved what she choreographed for us! She taught us so much!! You will not be disappointed if you use Alex!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Rachel Y

Let me start off by saying that taking dance lessons was my idea of a great way to bond and get to spend time with my future husband. I viewed it as another form of premarital counseling or learning another way to communicate without necessarily using words. We ended up with was... Read More not just one beautiful memory but many really great ones! Alex is amazing! I looked forward to every lesson that we had and was upset to see our last class end. My husband was apprehensive at first but after a few lessons really got into it. Alex was able to teach to both of our different learning styles and cheer us on the whole time. She cheered us on and kept us feeling great. Our first dance was for sure a highlight of the evening. I would recommend Alex to any of my friends.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Taryn H

Alex is such a perfect fit for helping with your first dance. My mother-in-law and husband used her for their dance, and me and my husband used her as well. I was nervous our song was too quick, but she was quick to assure me it was great and produced an AMAZING choreographed... Read More dance for us. She's super easy to work with, very flexible, and is simply amazing at what she does. Couldn't image doing lessons with anyone else for this special day. So thankful to have found her.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Angel G

Alex was amazing. We wanted a special dance choreographed just for us that would leave our guests in awe, something different that we hadn’t seen on a YouTube video, and something very elegant for our venue. Alex did a great job choreographing our dance. It was so much fun to... Read More learn and we continue to practice when our song comes on or we are just in the kitchen cooking together. We’ve gone to dance classes at other places and we didn’t just want to learn a traditional type of dance for our first dance in an impersonal way but we wanted a dance just for us that only we knew. The dance she created brought us out of our shell and she taught us a lot that we never thought we would be able to accomplish like multiple turns, dips, and lifts. At the lift when the song is almost over, there is a pause for us to take a moment and that’s when everyone thinks the dance is over, and then we go right back in to more spins and turns and finish it off with 2 dips! Our guests went crazy and that is exactly what we wanted for our first dance as husband and wife.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Dennis P

My daughter asked me about our father daughter dance at her upcoming wedding. Now I can sway with the best of them, but I could tell she was hoping for a little more than just moving our feet. She contacted Alex and the rest was history. At our first lesson I was very nervous... Read More having never taken a dance lesson in my life. Alex was quick to offer encouragement and quickly got my daughter and I doing some basic moves. She made sure that we were comfortable with each new move before we moved on to the next one. By the end of three lessons I was looking like a real dancer. Alex choreographed our entire dance and made it unique to us. My daughter and I were a big hit at the wedding. Thank you Alex!!