3626 Country Club Drive, Charlotte, NC (704) 916-9399

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Lindsay H

Before our wedding my now wife and I decided to do a trial run of what our first dance would be. It was a complete disaster, there was a lot of swaying and no direction. We found Alex with First Dance Charlotte and she saved our first dance. Alex was able to choreograph a dance... Read More for our specific song with a variety of moves: steps, dips, twists, and lifts. She started off with easy steps and built on as we got more comfortable with the moves. I have zero dancing experience but she was able to give me the confidence and skills I needed to impress my bride and my guests. Alex was very fun to work with, extremely outgoing, and has a great studio that offers plenty of space to practice and privacy for those that are shy. My wife and I strongly recommend using Alex to prepare for the first dance. Having a good first dance is something that our guests still talk about months later.

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Troy T

Me and my wife had no real dance experience before we met Alex and she was awesome from our first meeting. She designed a great dance that wasn't too hard to get down after some practice. We got compliments from everyone at our wedding about how good our dance was even though we... Read More missed a few steps from nerves(the guests never knew it). I would recommend her to anyone close to Charlotte. Her scheduling was also great and she was able to accommodate us when we needed to change our meeting times when we had things come up. I also would recommend 5 lessons if you have no experience.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Josie P

Alex was wonderful! I could not speak more highly of her. Her choreography was not just the cookie cutter steps; It enabled us to stay true to who we are as a couple with originality. I would recommend her to all of my family and friends.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Kristy B

Alex was perfect for us!! We went in with ZERO experience and needed lots of help - but she was patient, had a good sense of humor, and provided us the direction we needed to make our first dance fun and a big success! We looked forward to our classes each week and had so much... Read More fun with it. The choreography she came up with was awesome! She asked for our input in parts to make sure we were comfortable with it and to make sure it felt like "our" dance. She gave us confidence by challenging us with some moves but worked with us until we nailed them. She was so sweet and shared our excitement for our big day. Absolutely no complaints about her - she is extremely talented as a dancer and a teacher and we highly recommend her to everyone.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Hannah K

The highlight of our wedding planning! Alexandra is amazing and became more like a friend! We looked forward to our appointments and laughed a lot! She is personable, laid back, organized and super kind. I highly recommend to any engaged or married couples. We hope to continue... Read More to see her for "tune ups" and to learn more dancing for other weddings! I cannot say enough good things. This is in her home - but a separate entrance. The scene is relaxed and personable. LOVE LOVE her!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Jaimie I

Alex was a WONDERFUL instructor. We worked with Alex to prepare for our first dance, and she not only taught us the steps we needed for our first dance but also took the time to get to understand the experience that we wanted to have. We are very thankful that Alex had the time... Read More to work with us and would recommend her to anyone! Thanks Alex!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Michaelia K

TGFA – Thank God for Alex. I grew up playing sports – was never a dancer. Needless to say, we needed a lot of help. My husband and I purchased the 5-class package and Alex choreographed our entire first dance. Alex was a great instructor; she had unlimited patience with our... Read More less-than-beginner experience. She was able to transform frustrating moments and repetitive mistakes into lighthearted giggles followed by positive corrections. In addition, her private studio made for a very personal, comfortable learning environment. By the end of our 5 lessons, we felt like professionals. We headed to the dance floor with confidence on our wedding day, and after our performance, we received so many compliments from our guests! The originality and creativity truly made our first dance genuine. We are so grateful we found Alex and we highly recommend her to all future brides!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Tyler H

Thanks to Alex, our first dance was like something out of the movies! The choreography she put together for our song was just perfect. An extremely talented teacher, Alex gave us the skills and confidence to perform our dance flawlessly. To all those couples looking to wow... Read More their wedding guests with their first dance, First Dance Charlotte is where you need to go!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Heidi F

My husband and I were so pleased with Alex and the first dance she choreographed for us. Although First Dance Charlotte has many clients, Alex made things feel so personal - like we were her only clients. Not only did we get a beautiful first dance out of her teachings, but we... Read More felt like we learned the basics of several genres of dance that we can now impress people with. Thanks, Alex!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kelli P

Alex is a phenomenal teacher! She listened to what we wanted for our first dance and created the most amazing dance. We had so much fun each week and have plans to return to Alex for lessons "just for fun" in the future. We received so many compliments from our guests after... Read More the wedding about our dance; they were definitely not expecting all the lifts and dips we had in our choreography! We would highly recommend Alex to anyone looking for a memorable first dance!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lauren H

Alex is a wonderful teacher! My husband (fiancé at the time) was a little hesitant about dance lessons at first but he ending up really enjoying it and even looked forward to our lessons! Alex also squeezed in one lesson for my dad and I to practice our father/daughter dance.... Read More Both of our dances turned out really well and we got a lot of compliments from friends and family!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Robert H

Alex was very professional and was a great choreographer regarding our father/daughter dance. She was patient and had great ideas for making the dance steps match well with our song and ability. She made the experience fun and gave us confidence.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 E M

Alex is a fantastic teacher- my husband and I had so much fun taking lessons with her before our wedding! She choreographed a routine to our chosen song, and we loved it! She was able to seamlessly adjust her instruction at each lesson based on where we were struggling, and give... Read More us tips to make our home practice sessions more productive. She tailored the lessons & choreography to our pace & comfort level, all while ensuring that we felt ready to perform by the time our series of lessons had finished. Her home studio is welcoming and private, not at all like a big ballroom-style studio where a beginner might feel self-conscious. Our guests were wowed by our first dance, and we continue to get compliments on it, including people saying that it was one of the highlights of the wedding! Dance lessons with Alex is an investment that is worth making!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Manoj J

Alex was fantastic! Extremely patient. I went from not wanting to do a first dance to looking forward to doing it.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Katie C

My fiancé (at the time) and I were excited to take some dance lessons to make our first dance special. Alex was so great to work with! She was very easy to work with and made us feel comfortable. I was nervous about our dance but even after just two lessons, we learned enough to... Read More have an amazing first dance, everyone loved it!! It was definitely one of my favorite memories of the day. I highly recommend Alex for dance lessons!! She is great.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Christey K

Alex was amazing! We wanted to combine a variety of songs for our first dance and Alex put everything together PERFECTLY! Highly recommend using First Dance Charlotte to customize your first dance.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Callie R

We had the best experience with our dance lessons. Two very horrible dancers turned stars thanks to our lessons and choreographed dance. We felt completely free to be ourselves (in all of our awkwardness) and learned a lot of fun dance moves that we used at our wedding but will... Read More carry with us for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Elizabeth S

Alex was amazing!! We had so much fun taking dance lessons together before our big day. It really helped us relax and took off some of the stress of wedding planning. Our dance turned out so good and we even got to incorporated a lift! She was a great teacher and made us both... Read More feel comfortable and relaxed while dancing. Nothing felt awkward or forced. If you can take dance lessons for your big day from her I would highly recommend it!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen H

Absolutely fantastic!! My now husband is not much of a dancer and she put the perfect dance together that wasn't hard at all for us to put on, even involving dips and lifts! It was prefect and everyone was so impressed. Alex was so great and easy to work with. Definitely... Read More recommend her for your first dance!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Samantha H

Alex was fantastic and made us feel so comfortable! We had a great time and I would definitely recommend her to anyone wanting to learn a special first dance for their big day!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Allison S

Alex was absolutely amazing! She was so easy to work with! We did the 2 class package and I think we felt really comfortable day of and we had a lot of fun doing it. I would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Laura C

Alex has her own beautiful home studio where she choreographs first dances to the songs of your choice and offers various packages to suit your financial and skill level. We took 5 lessons with Alex and had SO much fun learning and practicing the dance she choreographed for us.... Read More Ryan and I are not good dancers, but we felt confident in our ability to perform this dance for our guests on our wedding day. Truthfully its the part of our wedding day that people have asked/talked to me about most since that day! And perhaps more importantly, it was a really welcome break from the other more tedious wedding planning things that had to get done. It allowed us to have fun and reconnect! Thanks so much Alex for everything - it was such a pleasure working with you! I highly recommend dance lessons to any engaged couple. If you're in Charlotte - contact Alex. Trust me, You won't be disappointed. Her choreography is anythig but cookie cutter and will have your guests raving. Plus, you'll have a special dance that you both know so well for years to come. We do ours every month on the date of our wedding in our home. I'm sure that will turn into every year! Either way it always brings back the best memories!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Shannon D

We loved Alex! We are definitely not dancers, but she made us look great! Alex is so patient, and she really made this scary task fun. never would have imagined that our first dance would be so great!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Kristina S

Alex was AMAZING to work with!! She helped to create the most beautiful first dance and our guests were quite entertained at the wedding. I was so glad to do something different, not just sway back & forth. We did the 5 class package and I think that was the perfect amount of... Read More lessons. Don't forget to practice at home!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Francesca J

My husband and I decided to do a few lessons the month before our wedding and we found Alex online. She was so sweet and so much fun to work with! We felt a lot more confident during our first dance thanks to her. I highly recommend!