Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

3626 Country Club Drive, Charlotte, NC (704) 916-9399

Reviewed on 2/12/2018 Kacie T

Alex is just the best! I would recommend her to anyone who is wanting a fun and meaningful experience with their significant other or who is wanting to impress their guests! I am a trained dancer, but my husband had never danced a day in his life! She did a great job of breaking... Read More it down for us and the coreography was amazing and so much fun! My husband and I still do our dance every once in a while just for fun!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Dorothy C

I can’t say enough good things about Alex! She took two of the worst dancers on the planet and managed to teach my husband and I a dance that had our friends and family more than a little impressed (and surprised) at our wedding. And we even had fun learning thanks to Alex’ laid... Read More back style and great sense of humor. Whether you want to learn a dance for a song, learn how to dance, or are just looking for some fun date nights with your significant other I highly recommend spending some time with Alex!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Ashley W

I found Alex through other friends who had a great first dance and was happy to work with her! My then-fiance and I wanted to have a choreographed first dance together that wasn't too complicated but would give our guests something to look at besides just swaying. She videoed... Read More all of our sessions so we could practice at home and my husband was able to learn the steps with confidence. She also helped my dad and I learn a couple of simple steps for our father-daughter dance. He was excited to look like he "knew what he was doing" on the dance floor. Alex was so professional and easy to get a hold of for appointments and accommodated my husband's busy work schedule. Thank you so much Alex for all of your help! I can't say enough good things and will send all of my newly engaged friends your way :)

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Nathan S

Alex was great, would highly recommend! My wife and I just wanted to learn a few basic steps/moves for our first dance. Alex gave us a few ideas, walked us through them, and we were able to find a comfortable routine. The classes were fun and confidence-boosting. Got many... Read More compliments after the wedding on our first dance.

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Renata R

We are so glad and fortunate to have come across Alex and her dance studio First Dance. My now husband and I, had just moved to Charlotte and I was planning a wedding in four months! While planning this wedding, which took place in Los Angeles, we were traveling for business and... Read More in Europe or Los angeles every couple of weeks. I found Alex 6 weeks before our wedding and explained that I had had this vision for the longest time, of our first dance choreographed to my favorite song “No Diggity.” In addition, I explained that we would have about 2 weeks to learn a choreographed dance, and on top of that I wanted something untraditional like salsa. Alex was beyond accommodating. I had sent her Chet Fakers version of “No Diggity” prior to our first session, and when we arrived for our first lesson out of five, she had a rumba/salsa dance perfectly timed to every verse of our song. She was extremely patient, encouraging, non-judgmental, and each of the steps were well explained and demonstrated. Working with Alex was like working with your best friend that knows how to dance, choreograph and teach. Lets just say, with just five lessons and 2 1/2 weeks, my now husband and I nailed our first dance and have such a beautiful memory to look back on. We definitely plan on taking more dance lessons with Alex in the future, she all around exceeded our expectations. What a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 McKenna S

Alex is so amazing! My husband was very hesitant at first and by the time we finished our first lesson he was ready for lifts! I can't recommend her enough, she is patient, creative, and always open to new ideas! Not to mention her pricing is so worth it compared to group dance... Read More classes. I highly recommend First Dance Charlotte and Alex! Thanks for making us look good on our big day :)

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Mary Liz M

Alex is so cute and fun to work with!! My husband thought I was crazy to make us take dance lessons but he felt so comfortable with her and I think he ended up enjoying the practices even more than I did! We had never really formally danced together so it was very necessary for... Read More us to go into our first dance with some kind of direction and confidence. Alex helped us nail our first dance!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Brianna W

Alex is one of the nicest people you will meet & she made our first dance AMAZING!!! We had 5 lessons with her and she was very accommodating with what we were or weren't comfortable with. My husband and I have 2 left feet so dance lessons were necessary if we wanted to do... Read More anything other than just your typical sway. Alex is so creative and really made every step come together perfectly!!! We nailed our dance the day of & it's all thanks to Alex!! Our friends could not stop talking about how amazing our dance was either, we cannot wait to get our official video back to share!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Emily F

We are so grateful to Alex for working with us on our first dance for our wedding! My fiance (now husband!) and I decided on dance lessons as a Christmas gift for each other, which ended up being such a fun decision. We are the type of couple that loves to dance at other... Read More peoples' weddings but felt nervous about having all eyes on us at our own. Dance lessons were the perfect way to get over that. From our first emails with Alex, we immediately felt comfortable and excited to get started. When we met Alex, we knew we had made the right decision! She was so friendly and inviting, and the studio space and lovely and cozy, like you're visiting a friend's home. Alex helped us pick the package that would be the best fit for us and our goals. She was accommodating with our schedule and generally just very helpful with the planning logistics. In fact, the dance lessons didn't feel like part of the wedding planning; they simply felt like a nice, relaxing, bonding experience with my husband-to-be. We looked forward to playing our song at home and practicing after work so we could show up prepared. We hit an unexpected roadblock three weeks before our wedding when my fiance ruptured his Achilles tendon leaving him unable to bear weight on his right foot for 4-6 weeks. We knew he would be on crutches for the big day. We were both heartbroken to realize our plans for a sweet first dance were not likely possible, and we emailed Alex to let her know. Alex immediately revised our dance, even eliciting the the help of her husband, and came up with multiple ways to maintain it, including my fiance dancing from a chair. She was so kind and encouraging, and she did her very best to make our dance the best it could be. Her spirited approach to helping us renewed our confidence, and ended up with not only a memorable first dance, but also a whole lot of special memories. We had a wonderful experience working with Alex, and we would do it all over again if we could!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Angela J

We could not have been happier with Alex and First Dance Charlotte! My husband and I were a little nervous because we had never done anything like this before, but Alex was able to teach us (what I consider) an impressive dance routine in only five lessons. By the day of our... Read More wedding we were really confident and had a blast showing our friends and family what we had learned! At this point I believe that Alex could teach a brick to salsa. We had a great time with her at our lessons and looked forward to them every week. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Lauren R

Based upon a wonderful referral from a recently married friend, my husband, Justin, and I decided to take a few dance lessons with Alex in preparation for our upcoming wedding. We worked with Alex four different times, and we left each and every lesson telling one another “That... Read More was SO much fun!!!”... and it really was! So fun in fact that we plan on continuing to take dance lessons with her in the future. Alex proved to be an incredible instructor, full of patience and great ideas, with a disarming ability to make you feel instantly comfortable. She took our requested wedding song and incorporated lovely and unique dance combinations, including elements of salsa, waltz and rumba. The final product quickly became one of our very favorite moments on our wedding day. Twirling around the dance floor with my newly minted husband has become one of my most cherished memories. Thank you, Alex, for working with Justin and me-- you are simply the best!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Tori A

Without having any previous dance experience, my husband and I were nervous going into our first lesson. Our nerves quickly disappeared when we met Alex. She has a private, cozy, intimate studio setting. She was able to take our song and customize a first dance for us. Over the... Read More course of five lessons, we were able to build confidence and perfect our routine for our wedding. We even added a lift! Our friends and family were completely blown away by our dance. We received so many compliments. Because of Alex, and her teaching style, we looked forward to our weekly lessons, and were able to create a first dance that we will never forget. If you are considering taking dance lessons, we would highly recommend Alex. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Chloe F

We loved taking lessons with Alex for our first dance! She made the lessons fun and stress-free, and we truly looked forward to our sessions each week. Alex is super patient, personable, and made us feel comfortable right away - even though neither of us had any dancing... Read More experience at all. Our final choreography was fairly simple (which is what we asked for), but had great crowd-pleaser moments that definitely impressed our guests. Alex also went the extra mile by sending our practice video to our videographer and photographer so they could be primed for the "wow" moments. Our photographer got some amazing shots because of that. Thanks, Alex, for helping us look like pros on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Carey P

This was one of our favorite wedding memories! As any engaged couple knows, wedding planning can be a little stressful! We would always leave our lessons with Alex laughing. She was so sweet and patient. First Dance Charlotte choreographed the most amazing routine that was a... Read More crowd favorite. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Pat F

Alex was wonderful! My husband and I got married in Mallorca, Spain and didn’t see the venue or anything before we got there (luckily all was wonderful), so the first dance was the only thing we could really prepare for. Our first dance was beautiful and the highlight of our... Read More wedding video and the day! Alex even helped with our mother/son and father/daughter dances. We did the wine and cheese package and can’t recommend Alex enough! XO, Aly (and Pat)

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Marci G

Alex was such a pleasure to work with to prepare our first dance for our big day! She was so patient in making sure we were always comfortable and answering many questions I had before scheduling classes. She went above and beyond! We feel so good now about dancing... Read More together!wedding.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Ray B

For anyone who is looking for that special first dance on their big day, I definitely recommend Alex at First Dance Charlotte! She did a wonderful job choreographing our first dance and always showed both the patience and persistence to instill the confidence we needed... Read More (especially for me and my two left feet!). I had a lot of fun throughout the whole experience and the results speak for themselves! Her tutelage left us more than ready when the time came for the big moment and everyone loved the performance! Thanks again Alex!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Laura P

I am so glad I chose Alex at First Dance Charlotte to give my husband and I dance lessons! From the moment I first contacted her through our last dance lesson, she was wonderful! She was very responsive to my many emails, and she was so organized with scheduling our dance... Read More lessons. Alex was prepared with the choreography we would learn when we arrived for each lesson. At the end of each lesson, she provided us with written choreography and a phone recording of us dancing, which was really helpful. Best of all, she customized the choreography once she got to know us and our dancing ability level. Alex is very flexible. During each lesson, she would ask us if we wanted to practice a part again or move forward to a new part. She kept the lessons at our pace. I highly recommend Alex with First Dance Charlotte. She is very positive, personable, easy to work with, and organized. Neither my husband nor I had ever taken a dance lesson before, and by the end of the 5 lessons with her, we were dancing like pros! Our guest at the wedding were so impressed!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Devon A

Alex with First Dance Charlotte is amazing! My husband and I booked on such short notice that we only had two lessons before our wedding, and we absolutely killed our first dance! She gave us the confidence to be able to learn basic steps and put them together to the music. She... Read More is so easy to work with and well worth it!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Marilyn S

totally amazing!! Alex created a new choreography for our song, she teached us to dance and it was very fun, she is very patient. Brian and I enjoyed dancing lessons so much, it just took our mind off the stress and for one hour we were focusing on one single thing.... at our... Read More wedding day, everyone was so surprised to see us dancing.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Alyssa M

Alex was absolutely amazing! Jason and I took dance lessons a couple years before our wedding but felt like we forgot pretty much everything we had learned. The first day we came to Alex's studio for our choreographed wedding dance, we knew she would be a perfect fit! She gets... Read More along with anyone and has created a wonderful laid back and comfortable atmosphere to learn. She made our experience fun and exciting and did not scrutinize when Jason and I were having an "off" day. She worked with our busy schedule and did not get frustrated when I had to reschedule a lesson. Everyone was amazed with our wedding dance on May 6, 2017 and we owe it all to Alex! She comes highly recommended and for good reason! Thank you so much Alex!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Malissa D

Alex is absolutely amazing! She did a great job with our first dance and our guests were absolutely blown away. She's so personable and easy to learn from.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Tina T

Alex was so sweet and patient with her lessons. My (now) husband isn't comfortable with dancing but she was able to use his sports experience to translate into dancing (who knew?!). It was casual and comfortable in her home with great wood floors in a big space. We enjoyed our... Read More experience and would definitely recommend her to others!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Sydney W

Alex is amazing! Her home is lovely and she was patient with us while helping design a dance perfect for our first dance. Our guests were impressed with our dance and we felt fully prepared! I highly recommend First Dance Charlotte!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Chelsea K

Alex is absolutely amazing and so fun to work with!! My fiance and I had no dance moves coming in and she certainly changed that! We took 5 classes with her and feel so confident going into our wedding next week! I highly recommend her to anyone wanting to either learn... Read More choreography for their wedding OR just learn a few moves so you aren't just swaying the whole time. My fiance and I did not do any set choreography, but learned over 5 different moves to work into our first dance :) She is very patient and so personable - so it was like working with a close friend! She even took videos of us that we could watch when we got home, which was very helpful. Definitely worth every minute/dollar!