'One of the Top Wedding Photographers in LA'

Recently named 'One of the Top Wedding Photographers in Los Angeles' by zankyou.com, the largest wedding blog in the world. My style is a balance between a strong cinematic edge combined with photojournalism. I will direct you as necessary to capture an organic, vibrant energy during the portrait session. I am a member of 'Fearless Photographers', a directory of 'the best wedding photography in the world' I have a team of Associate Photographers whom are also Primary Shooters at a lower price point - they study under me and learn my method to ensure brand consistency. Please visit my website for a complete description of all services!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

California, Nationwide, and International (310) 598-8359

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Ferly O

I wish I could rate Fitz higher! 50 stars! I met Fitz back in 2009 and I've been following his work ever since. When my husband proposed to me, Fitz was the very first vendor I had locked in. I could not chance not having him as our photographer. I was grateful he was available!... Read More I work in the Entertainment Industry so (superb) photography is extremely important to me and my expectations were very high for my Wedding Day and festivities. I knew Fitz was considered one of the top Wedding Photographers in Los Angeles, but after watching him work his magic on our Special Day, I now consider Fitz THE best wedding photographer in Los Angeles. I knew his work to be flawless as far as angle, lighting, capturing the right moment goes. His pictures also tell stories, which is why I chose him. But watching him work was an experience in it of itself. He moved so swiftly and stealthily. I would see him to my left far away and then all of the sudden he was to my right and up close. My jaw drops every time I look at our wedding pictures. Fitz captured my perspective, my husband's and the guests' all seconds from each other. It's as if I has 3 photographers working the event. It's just incredible. My wedding album is literally a series of artistic, perfectly angled and beautifully (naturally) lit story-telling masterpieces. He was the best investment we made for our special day. If you are considering hiring him, consider no more. Lock him up for your day if he is available. Pictures last a lifetime. Any one that has been married can tell you that THAT DAY goes by SO FAST. You miss a lot of things that happen. To go back to our pictures and see the things we remember, the things we don't and the things we didn't see is PRICELESS! Thank you Fitz for sharing your genius with us. We are forever grateful.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Rosalind N

Fitz is an amazing photographer who took every detail into account for our wedding day. I hate having my photo taken and he was great at making me feel comfortable. He captured the moments of our special day and I am so grateful.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Sarah J

Was a pleasure to work with his team! Photos turned out great and captured great moments.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Tawney B

Fitz & Irida did an amazing job with our wedding! They stay clear of cheap gimmicks and instead hone in on those natural moments. They really understand light and shadow, and how to use depth of field to create stunning pieces of art! They're also great at reading your energy... Read More and figuring out how much input you need/want from them. They're very adaptable. And to top it off, super friendly! We agonized over picking the right photographer, but we couldn't be happier with the results!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Megan G

We chose Fitz because it was easy to see that the cinematic, storytelling style and absolute stunning treatment of the subjects was inherent in every shot. I had left finding a photographer a bit late, so Fitz himself was booked, but I was glad to have Stephen as my first and... Read More Ryanne as our second because it was clear they were both excellent too (and it didn't hurt that there was a discount, either).If you think planning a wedding is chaotic..well, nothing could prepare me for the insanity of the day. I had been chill up to the day and then my cool left me completely, it was stressful and upset, and I had actually thought many times that in spite of all the hard work I had done to schedule things right, that everything was falling apart around the photos and that Stephen and Ryanne had too little to work with to get anything out of it. The shots they managed to get in spite of the lighting challenges, and the people challenges were beyond even my initial expectations at booking. Incredible work and I just can't say enough good things. Whatever might go wrong at your wedding you won't have to worry about your photos.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kendall O

While much of wedding preparation left me overwhelmed and exhausted, there was one thing that was a true joy during the planning process, and that was finding our dream photographer: Fitz Carlile. Fitz was the very first vendor I booked-- as soon as I saw his website, I knew he... Read More was "the one." His images are artistic, unique, and intimate. We chose to do an engagement session beforehand (highly recommend!!), and as a result, we got to see just how awesome Fitz is ahead of time and received an incredible batch of photos before our wedding day! Fitz couldn't be easier to work with-- he is warm, responsive, and such a talent. My husband and I can feel a little awkward in front of a camera, but Fitz made us feel so comfortable and captured our authentic selves. Wedding days go by in a flash, but photos last a lifetime and are worth the investment. I couldn't recommend Fitz highly enough and treasure our photos from him.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Elizabeth P

Fitz was an absolutely amazing photographer! I would without a doubt hire him again if I needed pictures taken! Him and his assistant worked so well together and were very descrete and weren’t in anyone’s way, while taking pictures the guests could see us perfectly and they... Read More still got such incredible shots. His creativity is beyond me and he is so professional as well as very personal and kind. He made sure the pictures were perfect and we were positioned correctly so the photos would be just right. His assistant was so sweet and made sure my hair and accessories were amazing in every photo. The way that Fitz colors photos is amazing, he works so hard to make sure the lighting and colors are so rich and deep. The substance of each individual picture is stunning. He is amazing and should win a million awards. I will definitely be referring people to him. He made it so intimate and wanted to convey all of our emotions as if no one was watching, but just capturing these amazing moments.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Deanna B

We hired Fitz Carlile Photography for our wedding day. We had Stephen as our main photographer and for a little extra $$ a backup photographer for 3 hours. I can't tell you how much we are in love with the final photos. They are so wonderful. All of friends and family have... Read More committed on how great they are too. They went above and beyond the basic wedding photos. They are like a work of art.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Chelsea L

I had the pleasure of meeting Fitz and his team at my husband's best friend' s wedding. I knew instantly that I wanted to hire them for ours! From the start, Fitz made me and my husband feel like everything was under control, offered advice when needed, and made welcomed... Read More suggestions to make our day run smoothly. We worked with Irida, our main photographer, and Seiichi who accompanied her and also took some photos. Both of them made sure everything was taken care of and really put us at ease. If you're looking for a team who will make sure you not only look beautiful but FEEL beautiful this is the photographer for you. ALL of our photos look amazing and unique. They captured the venue perfectly, made our entire wedding party come alive and look fantastic, photographed our guests at their best moments, and really put a special touch on our first look. But the best compliment comes from my husband who said, "Wow, better than I could have even imagined, they are fantastic!" It really doesn't get better than that. I highly recommend Fitz and his team for a bride a groom looking to capture not only the special moments but the rare ones when you think no one is looking.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Greg M

Fitz shot both our engagement photos and our wedding and was absolutely incredible. We chose him because his portfolio had a commercial aesthetic and his skill set definitely shined through in his work. Not only is Fitz great at capturing moments, he is really skilled in the... Read More craft of photography and understands lighting setups, positioning, etc. - this ensures his work looks high-end no matter what he shoots. He kept things efficient, comfortable and fun which is important on a day that’s crazy and has a ton going on. Pre-production was also a breeze with Fitz guiding us every step of the way. He’s a really cool, laid back guy and manages to get the best out of his subjects. He knows the ropes of shooting weddings + engagements but also has great creative sensibility and vision which is rare. Definitely hire Fitz if you want best in class photos at a solid price!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Jeff M

Fitz shot our wedding in February of 2017. The pictures were out of this world. He was beyond professional and caught moments that were incredible. His angles, direction, positioning and approach was amazing. He is by far the best wedding photographer on the planet...

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Kara L

Fitz was fantastic. I had a vision that involved getting the whole wedding party out in the middle of traffic in a busy intersection and he made it work! Our photos are gorgeous and unique and he caught the most beautiful moments of the day perfectly. We’re so happy we chose... Read More Fitz to capture our special day and we will cherish our pictures forever. :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Stephanie C

Fitz was a real professional artist, and also such a pleasure to work with. We had so much fun being photographed by him for both our engagement shoot and our wedding day! On both occasions, it was so easy to see how Fitz gave his all to create the most beautiful shots. He did a... Read More brilliant job telling our love story and capturing all the moments of joy that were a blur on our big day. Even our families commented on how much they loved his personality and directing (and we know big family portraits aren’t easy ;)). He was patient, efficient, and made sure the photographing process was a comfortable experience for everyone. We are beyond thrilled with our final wedding photos – each one of them sparks so much emotion and we are so grateful that Fitz captured those big and small moments so perfectly. It was such a privilege to have Fitz as our wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Dajana S

Fitz was a great photographer! The pictures came out amazing and he was easy to work with. He also helped us decide on a location for our first look. My hubs and and I were very happy to have chosen him for our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 vivian s

Fitz's photography service is THE BEST decision we made towards our wedding and he is so talented and incredibly artistic, easy to work with and have strong work ethics. We booked Fitz for both engagement session and the wedding day. His work spoke for itself before we booked... Read More him, and our engagement session had gone by so fast and we felt like we went on a meet up with him, he gave easy directions and simple captured the most natural and genuine interactions between the couple. Of course, the finished work WOWed us. Fitz also played an important role on our wedding day, we felt very comfortable working with him. We completely trust him and his team on the day of our wedding, they did nothing but impressive work from stayed with wedding timeline, arrange with other vendors, applied his extensive experience in wedding photography to ensure everything happened accordingly. It was absolutely a pleasure to work with him and I would like to take this opportunity to highly recommend Fitz to be your wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Ashley A

Fitz is the BEST!! My husband and I hired Fitz for our wedding last month in DTLA. We couldn't be more happy with how the pictures turned out. Fitz is extremely professional, kind and so creative/artistic. Some of the shots he got left us in awe. On the day of, he was... Read More amazing and helpful. We are soooo happy with Fitz and our wedding photos.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Rusha M

Fitz was incredibly helpful from the planning stages to the day of the actual photography. He's done this numerous times before and understands the common errors to avoid as well as the details that can make photos intimate, unique and special. He understood what I was looking... Read More to create with my proposal and my fiancee and I looked amazing with his deft use of lighting and composition and space. He has a wonderfully approachable demeanor and it was great to work with him

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Julie S

Do it! I asked myself how much I wanted to spend on a photographer, and I admittedly told myself this was one of the most important decision I'll make, because photos last forever and are worth a million words, and WOW! Literally breathtaking. Fitz is an incredible photographer... Read More and an incredible human. During our first conversation to get to know each other, it was like we had been long time friends, and his light-heartedness made working with him a highlight of our wedding day. His attention to detail and lighting gives every shot such uniqueness and truly captures the moment. His work in fashion gives him an edge to position you at times to grab the lighting just perfectly and then lets you be you so the photo comes out so genuine and beautiful. I could go on and on, but if you're reading this far, I must urge you to let Fitz give you the best photos you could ask for. Afterall, it's your wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Justine T

If you're looking for a photographer for your special day, search no more. Fitz is simply amazing. He was very professional and so easy to work with. We had him shoot both our engagement session and our wedding and he was able to capture our love and the whole wedding day... Read More perfectly. I especially love his artistic style and how he doesn't always do the typical couple or wedding party shots. He's also great with communication and with helping you with any questions you have. Not too confident with posing? No problem! He's very good at coaching how to interact with the camera that you'll both feel like professional models after. Go with Fitz! I promise you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Kaitlin G

Wow, just wow! My husband and I used Fitz for our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner and wedding photos. He does offer discounts for packages of multiple events so we figured we would go for all three, which was one of the best ideas we made during wedding planning! He... Read More delivered above and beyond our expectations with each and every image. He his absolutely brilliant at capturing the mood and special moments of an event. My husband and I didn't invest in a wedding video, but with Fitz's photography style we really didn't need to anyway. Every time we look at the albums we are transported back to our special day just like it was the day of. He might take a bit more time than your average photographer to set up a shot...but it is always totally worth it. He is also great at coming up with ideas for where to do engagement shoots and excellent at making amateurs feel like models in front of the camera. I am so thrilled we chose Fitz to capture our special day, I will cherish these photos forever.

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Hilary C

My husband and I worked with Fitz for our Engagement and Wedding photographs and are thankful that we did. We found Fitz here on TheKnot and were compelled to reach out to him after looking at his work. From the very first message I sent Fitz almost a year ago until now, he has... Read More always been timely with communication both in responding to us as well as keeping us on track on what he needed from us throughout the process. Fitz really took the time to understand what we were looking for and called out areas of concern ahead of time with solutions so we could plan accordingly (i.e. recommending a 2nd shooter based on the photos that we wanted and timeline.). Fitz is a man of his word which is so important when selecting someone to capture one of the most important days of your life. (i.e. always on time when meeting us and sending us the finished product when he said he would). We highly recommend Fitz!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 M L

Fitz was fantastic right from the off. His advice as we discussed our initial ideas was invaluable and we were very pleased we could share thoughts and suggestions so easily. Our skype calls were really helpful. The pictures are incredible and we could not be happier to have... Read More such beautiful images as a record of our wedding day. The grading and finish are exactly as we discussed and we have received endless compliments on the pictures from our friends and family.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Arana H

Fitz was phenomenal. He arrived on time and was super professional. He was very creative with his approach and worked well with a lot of demanding family members and friends, and bit of a chaotic event. He sent us pics soon after the ceremony and delivered the full package... Read More shortly thereafter. The pics came out gorgeous! I highly recommend Fitz!!

Fitz Carlile

My goal as an artist is to tell a meaningful and authentic story of your wedding day. To be faithful to your true personality as a couple. You are living, breathing, energetic and vibrant beings with personalities like none other. With a little bit of direction and lot of connection, we work together to explore and find the genuine sincerity in every moment. My work straddles the cinematic and documentary photography genre. I respect and document light and shadow. It is a part of our world, creating mood, depth, nuance, passion, mystery, contrast and harmony. To me, this is very important