Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Massage, Spas

10 Stratton Road, Rutland, VT (802) 773-8005

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

On October 10, 2015 I was the Maid of Honor in my best friend’s wedding at the Mountain Top Inn in Chittenden, VT. On October 8th the bride and I went to Five Elements Salon and Day Spa in Rutland, VT for the bride’s updo hair trial. Tracy was really fantastic. Not only... Read More was she talented and friendly, but she walked the bride and I through every step that she was doing while creating the updo. She paused for our opinions, but also explained why she was structuring the updo accordingly. This enabled the bride to get the exact look she was going for, and we got to see it with a variety of different modifications. On the day of the wedding Tracy came to our bridesmaids’ house at the Mountain Top Inn with three other hairstylists: Kaylie, Kylie and Amanda. With 12 bridesmaids, the bride, the flower girl, mother of the bride, mother of the groom and grandma, there was a lot of work and not a lot of time. The stylists were efficient and did great work. All the ladies were happy with their updos. Additionally, I noticed that 10+ hours later our updos were still intact- despite a variety of different hair lengths and textures. Tracy checked in with all of us at to make sure we were happy with our hair and see if we needed any last minute fixes. I was very impressed with the beautiful, efficient and smooth work that all 4 stylists did. I would recommend the salon and any of these stylists to anyone getting married in the area! Thank you especially to Tracy, who went out of her way to make sure that all of us, most importantly the bride, felt beautiful and confident on the big day!

Beauty well done!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Brady H

I had Tracy, Kylie, and Sarah for hair and makeup for my wedding on 6/26/2015 at Killington Grand Hotel. I was very impressed with the work they did. Five Elements was easy to work with, answered all my emails promptly, and was on time the day of. I used the option of having... Read More the girls come to me at the Grand as I had a large bridal party and I'm so glad it was an option! I didn't have to rush around the morning of my wedding, I slept in, and I was able to put my veil in closer to the ceremony because I didn't have to travel with it. I also greatly appreciated I paid for everything upfront, including gratuity, as the last thing I needed to be doing was trying to find a checkbook on the day. This way the girls got taken care of for their excellent work and I was able to just relax! Tracy was great with the hair, she had suggestions for all the bridesmaids that looked amazing, and followed the pictures I showed her to a T. I mentioned a tradition I was using about braids offhand and she braided all the girls hair to incorporate it for me. She did an amazing job with my sister, who has heavy tight corkscrew curls, and usually has to do her own hair because stylists refuse. She jumped right in, gave her a style that was easy and loose, and allowed her to join the rest of us in being pampered for a day. Jill came in expecting to have to do her own and left looking great and relaxed! She was easy to work with and made sure to check all the hair before she left and left us extra bobby pins and combs to touch up if needed. Kylie helped prep the hair and did makeup, and she did a great job sprucing up the bridal party. She asked questions and listened. Sarah was also on make up and she did a great job listening to me and asking all of us for preferences. Both Kylie and Sarah left lipstick chunks to touch up (which was awesome!) and even had the lipstick onsite to purchase if you needed. I got a sunburn the day before, and of course my dress was strapless, but Sarah jumped right in with concealer and powder and blended it in for me, leaving some behind for touch ups! All three ladies were engaging and professional, and we had a great time chatting the morning away while getting pampered! I would highly recommend all these ladies, and the salon as a whole. I was a long distance bride, so I was unable to do a trial, but I need not have worried as my mom, my bridesmaids, and I all walked down the aisle looking amazing that day!

Great Job!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Holly S

I had stylists from Five Elements come to my wedding venue for my hair and makeup. I had given them pictures of what all the girls wanted and they did a fantastic job! Heather continually checked in with me to make sure my hair was exactly as I wanted it. They were punctual... Read More and even finished ahead of schedule so we all got to relax before the pictures started! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Courtney D

I was very impressed with Tracy and Rachel’s work. The trial run of the bridal hairstyle (with Tracy) and makeup (with Rachel) was fantastic, as it gave me the opportunity to meet them as well as to envision what the wedding day “look” would be. The day of the wedding,... Read More Tracy and Rachel traveled to Okemo to style me (the bride), as well as all of the bridesmaids and the Mother of the Bride. They were punctual, efficient, professional, and both have delightful personalities. I was thrilled with my bridal hair and makeup, and my mother and bridesmaids were as well. One of my bridesmaids went so far as to say that she liked her hairstyle better than her actual wedding updo. Despite the rainy weather, my hair remained frizz-free and perfectly intact all evening, and my makeup held up great too. I would highly recommend them for wedding hair and makeup services in the Rutland area.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Kate A

I used Five Elements for hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother in law for my wedding at the Red Clover Inn on October 8, 2016. My experience on the day of our wedding was positive, and I was quite happy with the end result. Amanda, who coordinates the... Read More wedding stylists, was a pleasure to work with from the start, quick to return emails and phone calls, and very helpful with questions. The salon itself is very beautiful and relaxing, and the Aveda products that they use have a wonderful smell. Tracy and Brittni were very welcoming, knowledgeable, and patience. I’m very glad that I chose to do a trial, as I think it was very informative. I am not a person who usually pays much attention to my own hair and makeup, so it was a challenge for me to describe what I was looking for, and even to be able to react to what I was seeing. Tracy spent extra time with me, which I really appreciated. I still felt a bit nervous after the trial, as I was having trouble visualizing the changes that the stylists were describing, but on the day of the wedding, we were able to achieve a hairstyle and makeup level that were beautiful and perfect with my dress, and still felt like me. The stylists came to us at the Red Clover Inn, which felt very luxurious and relaxed, and they worked efficiently and stayed on schedule. All of my bridesmaids and the moms loved their hair and makeup. Everything lasted to the end of the wedding without any issues. I also thank Tracy for her patience with our darling little flower girl—she was truly amazing with little Jane! I would recommend Five Elements to other Vermont brides.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Happy B

I had Tracy and her assistant for hair on my wedding day 9/30/16. They both did an amazing job and I was very pleased with the way my hair and my bridesmaids hair came out. I would recommend Five Elements for updos!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Elizabeth C

I am a lifelong New Yorker (city girl) who got married in Vermont. By New York City standards, the Five Elements team I had was outstanding. I was a little nervous beforehand, especially because I booked the team without having a trial or even visiting the salon, and only had... Read More my trial 3 days before the wedding! There was no need to be nervous. Tracy did my hair. She was pleasant and calm, with obvious talent (and PLENTY of experience) as well as an artistic eye. She listened closely to what I wanted. At the trial and on the wedding day, she made sure I was happy the whole way, explaining what she was doing and asking for my input frequently. She wove flowers into my hair beautifully and instructed my bridesmaids on how to place the veil in the specific spot she created for it. My hair lasted in perfection through 12+hours, including lots of dancing, sweating, and rough hugs. (The flowers wilted, but otherwise it was perfect!) Kylie also did some of the bridesmaids' hair, and did an excellent job in both down and up styles. All 7 bridesmaids were VERY happy and looked great. Despite humid weather and a sweaty dance floor, even their down-styles looked amazing at the end of the night. Britney and Amanda were there for makeup. I was worried about the makeup, since my sisters and I are half-Asian and have the kind of hooded lids that most makeup artists don't know what to do with. I also didn't want to look overly made-up. We spoke carefully with the girls about what we wanted, and they did a phenomenal job. They were happy to use some of the products that we brought that we are comfortable with. Overall, all bridesmaids were happy and glowing. I couldn't have been happier with how my hair and makeup turned out. I had not wanted to break the bank on hair and makeup. Five Elements' prices were very reasonable, but the quality of their work far surpassed what I paid. They were talented, experienced, and efficient. 5 stars!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Dara C

I was SO pleased with our services from Five Elements. Tracy and Brandy came to Mt. Top Inn to do hair and make-up for me and my bridal party and the two moms. I will share that I was VERY nervous about the product/services because two weeks before my wedding, our venue secured... Read More an exclusive contract with Five Elements. As the bride, 2 weeks out, and having had my trial with another service provider in the area, you an understand my stress and frustration! I had to go into my wedding not knowing the stylist or make-up artist and no trial. There was nothing I could do but ride it out and hope for the best! And the best is certainly what I got. Tracy made sure to connect with me via phone a few days before I headed to Vermont, which did ease some of my anxieties. On my wedding day, I was more than pleased with not just the end product, but the service along the way. Tracy made sure to stop at multiple points along the way to ensure I was happy, fully happy. And was open to make alterations along the way. I REALLY appreciated that! Brandy, the make-up artist, executed a similar process and I must say, it was THE best make-up I have ever had done. When all was said and done, I was 100% pleased with the result, and I'm not kidding when I say that 13 hours later, my hair and make-up was still perfect (proof was in the late-nite photos!) I would fully recommend Five Elements and am so glad that they provided our services on such a special day!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Katey P

Rachel and Amanda did an incredible job with me and my bridal party! They came to our our inn, which made our morning so much easier. My hair and makeup trial was flawless; both ladies knew what I wanted and created the perfect look for my wedding day. Rachel and Amanda were... Read More quick, but took care with each lady in my bridal party. My makeup artist went above and beyond and also helped me to cover up a scar on my back that showed when I had my dress on. It made me feel way less self conscious having it covered. :) I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Danny C

Five Elements came to Mountain Top Inn and Resort's Salon for my bridal hair and makeup, as well as 7 other family members for the wedding. They did a great job on everyone's hair and makeup and were great to ask how we liked it along the way. Rachel did my hair and makeup and I... Read More love what she did. She was very relaxed and easy to talk with about what I wanted done. It turned out so much better than I ever could have imagined! I really liked that I was able to do a trial - this let me give her feedback the day of (like how shiny my face got after the trial), and she was able to fix this problem right away with no problem. Everyone who was there was very professional and accommodating. I would strongly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Ashley H

On Friday August 12 2016, my sister was getting married at the Mountain Top Inn & Resort in Chitteden, VT. Two ladies from Five Elements came over to the resort, Tracy did our hair and Amanda did our makeup. Both ladies were so outgoing and generous. Tracy made sure our hair... Read More would stay in, setting our curls and using a lot of hairspray considering the humidity level was at 90 percent that day with a huge chance of rain. She gave the bride extra bobby pins to take with her just incase. Amanda made sure she got an idea of how we liked doing our makeup, letting us see the step by step results. She also touched up our makeup at the end so it would stay on. Both ladies were so easy to talk to and I don't have a single negative thing to say about them. Everyone loved the end results!! I highly recommend Tracy and Amanda from Five Elements in VT!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Erika B

Excellent!! I had Tracy for hair and Amanda for make up at my July wedding at the mountaintop inn. I was incredibly happy with how it all turned out. I did have a hair trial but was unable to come for a makeup trial. I had them come on site to the house I was renting. They... Read More were exactly on time and brought everything they needed. Amanda did amazing and took a little time with me in the beginning of the day to talk about what I wanted and she went step-by-step to make sure I was happy with everything. My make up lasted over 12 hours even at the end of the night someone came up to me and said it looked the same as it did when I was walking down the aisle! All of my bridesmaids and parents were very pleased with their make up. Hair was equally as good! Tracy was amazing and was able to work with all types of hair. My sister has extremely curly hair, and she has always had trouble getting her hair done for weddings. Tracy was able to hear her vision and my sister was obsessed with how her hair turned out. My hair also lasted over 12 hours after a full day and night of dancing. Overall, I would recommend five elements to anyone!

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Stacey S

My bridal party and I used Five Elements for hair and makeup services the day of the wedding. They sent girls to my venue, which was a lifesaver, and they did such a beautiful job on everyone's hair! I was the only one who got my makeup done, and it was absolutely perfect. All... Read More of us were very pleased with the way our wedding day look turned out. I'd definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Michelle D

My mother, MOH and I went to Five Elements the morning of my wedding for hair and make up and could not have been more thrilled. Tracy (Hair) and Amanda (Makeup) were wonderful to work with. My hair is pin straight and does not hold a curl. Many a hairdresser have challenged... Read More this claim and have tried to curl my hair, promising that it will hold this time and it never does. Well, Tracy did not challenge this claim, she completely understood. I showed her a picture of an updo and she re-created it, only better! She carefully crafted an anchor for my veil and it was so simple for my sister to attached and remove the veil. Now for makeup, I don't wear makeup daily, so it was very important to me that my makeup felt and looked natural. Because of this, I did a makeup trial with Amanda in the summer. She listened to everything that I said, we experimented with a few different things and I was thrilled with the final result. Amanda recreated the same look the day of the wedding.

Hair and Make-up

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Jessica W

The salon actually came to the resort where we were staying, which made everything so much more relaxed. Amanda did a beautiful job on everyone's make-up, and Rachel did all of the hairstyles perfectly, even for our flower girl!

Great Salon!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Erin B

I got my hair and makeup done at this salon for my wedding day and they did an amazing job. My bridal party and I were so happy with the service we received. The staff were accommodation and extremely friendly. I would recommend this salon to every bride!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Laura B

Sarah from Five Elements was fantastic! Beginning with my trial for hair and makeup, she exceeded my expectations for my vision. When I changed my mind about the makeup on the day of the wedding, she was able to make something up on the fly. She spent her time on my hair (79... Read More bobby pins), and not a strand fell out after a night of dancing. I received a ton of compliments on her work, and she was so much fun to hang out with on the day of the wedding! She and another stylist drove 45 min to our wedding venue to do our hair and makeup onsite. Thank you Sarah!

relaxing and a great way to start the say

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Emily F

The ladies at Five Elements were great. I got an email from reception asking for hair/make-up ideas a couple days before the appointment. When we go there the girls had looked at everything I sent them and had a good idea of what I was going for. From the pictures they did... Read More their take on the hairstyle and makeup with my input. I was very easy going so it made it easy on everyone :) Great place I definitely recommend it.

I wish they could do my hair everyday!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Jennifer G

This place is amazing! My wedding venue was in VT so we choose a local salon. I was a bit nervous that the results would not be quite as good as they would be in NYC - I was so wrong! First off my hair is not easy to style it's thin and doesn't hold a curl well at all. I... Read More thought I would definitely need extensions to get the fullness I wanted. Not the case at all. Sarah did my hair and she is a miracle worker I have never seen my hair look so amazing and no extensions or hair pieces were needed at all. I got my hair done at 10am and it held until 3am with no problem at all - I didn't even want to take it out at 3am! My hair even looked amazing the day after the wedding! They really know what they're doing!

Hair was awesome!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Erin S

Tracy Lazell at Five Elements made my wedding day! She came to our wedding venue to do my hair and Im still glowing from how great everyone looked! She is the best and can do anything you desire for your wedding day!

Tracy & Amanda are Awesome!

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Shannon M

Tracy and Amanda from Five Elements came highly recommended and I know why! They were the perfect duo for my hair and makeup. Tracy was able to recreate an updo for me from a picture with exact precision. Amanda love to do makeup and you can tell. They were both awesome!

Five Elements Made Our Day!

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Emily K

Five Elements did the hair and make-up for my entire wedding party and I on my wedding day, and I cannot recommend these fabulous professionals enough! After my trial earlier in the week with Tracy - who was so lovely, calming, talented, and helpful - Tracy, Sara, and Em came to... Read More the inn where we were getting married, and we were so lucky to have them! Tracy and Sara worked their genius on each lady's hair, and Em made magic happen with the make-up! They were so much fun while highly professional and listened to everyone's requests while making recommendations based on their expertise. Tracy did my bridal updo, and everyone was mezmerized by her work, I didn't want to take it out when we were getting ready for brunch the next day! Thank you ladies and Five Elements Salon!

Great job!

Reviewed on 12/23/2011 Tanya V

Loved the way my hair came out - very courteous staff.

Perfect hair

Reviewed on 3/24/2011 Nicole Daydra Sterling A

I can not believe how picky I was with my hair. The people at this salon did not seem to mind though. They actually spent 2 1/2 hours with me during my trial until I was 100% happy. All of my bridesmaids got their hair done including my 3 year old flower girl. Everyone was... Read More happy!

Rude Manager!

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Tricia S

I had contacted this salon about doing my hair for my wedding, as well as the hair for all of my bridesmaids. I was called numerous times before I had even gone in for my trial by the manager asking when I'd have my signed contract back to them. I told her (repeatedly) that I... Read More would not sign the contract until I had my trial done (who would??), as I wanted to make sure I was happy with the updo. When I went in, I had the contract shoved in my face again (before I had my trial). The manager has taken it upon herself to fill out the contract with a deposit required of over $600! When I asked what made up the deposit charge, the reception had no idea and just kept telling me that I had to pay the fee before I could sit for the trial. I was about to walk out when the receptionist finally said I could sit for the trial and talk to the manager the following day. Heather did an ok job on my trial updo, but nothing spectactular. When I contacted the manager later on to discuss what happened, she was extremely snotty and rude, and didn't even give an apology. Life is too short and I had enough stress prepping for the wedding, so I told them I was going to use another salon. They do not appear to value their customers. Definitely DO NOT recommend.