Floral Expressions By Maria And Larry

Washington Township, NJ

All hours by appointment - day and evenings

As husband and wife we've dedicated our combined floral talents exclusively to weddings and other special events. We pride ourselves in taking your ideas and transforming them into reality. We provide attention to every detail and never lose sight of your vision...Visit our extensive photo website.

Centerpieces, Vases, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Flower Arrangements

199 Honeysuckle Dr, Washington Township, Bergen County, New , Washington Township, NJ (201) 664-8474

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 April s

When it came time to choose a florist we went with Maria and Larry because they are so amazing to work with. When sitting down with to choose our flowers and colors they made it so simple. With mine and my fiancé's work schedule being so busy Maria and Larry were so flexible in... Read More working with us. If you are looking for a florist I would highly recommend them. April & Ernie Havrick

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Cari C

I was recommended to Maria and Larry by 3 people so I was pretty sold on them when I walked in. Warm and friendly, I felt right at home. We sat down and talked about our green and brown color scheme and the decor we wanted. Centerpiece design was up in the air but luckily... Read More Maria had tons of ideas. For bouquets, etc., Maria was amazing at customizing the look for us and finding the perfect color of flowers. She was so flexible to work with. I liked everything right off the bat. We met again for a trial and the centerpiece I described wasn't what I wanted anymore. I was so decisive on everything for the wedding but the centerpieces were just not clear for me yet. Maria personally went back and forth with me on emails and i sent her so many pictures it would make your head spin but she looked at all of them and helped guide me in the right direction. Patience of a saint! I was finally inspired at a client's wedding and knew that I wanted to use wine boxes with flowers in them. After fixing them up, I delivered one to Maria and her mockup was just stunning. She was again flexible with how it would/could look with or without this or that. So many choices! We figured it out together and I delivered 20+ wine boxes to her house, filled with paper shredding as a base. I mean what an undertaking and she and Larry were amazing! EVERYONE at the wedding commented on our centerpieces and as gorgeous as they were, I couldn't stop looking at my gorgeous orchid and hydrangea bouquet of light green. Maria and Larry make you feel like family; they are honest, creative, fair and flexible with a designer's eye. They make it happen and I'm so glad that they were a part of our wedding day!

Picture Perfect Florals

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Nicole A

I hadn't intended for flowers to be a major part of my wedding, mostly out of lack of familiarity with different types of flowers. When I realized that I needed to get over my own ignorance and select a florist to take care everything, that's when I found Floral Expressions by... Read More Maria and Larry. Maria acted as a consultant, interviewing me about my color scheme, style and budget. Then right there in her office, she crafted a full floral plan with details on what my bridal bouquet, bridemaid bouquets and men's boutonnieres would look like. Closer to the wedding date, I asked if they could put together a centerpiece package that wasn't too expensive. And they came through! On the wedding day, Larry delivered the personal flowers to the hotel as well as set up decorative flowers at the wedding venue. Their excellent service, combined with great pricing and creativity made Floral Expressions an optimal choice. And the flowers were so gorgeous that we used a shot of them in one of our Thank You card photos!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Michelle G

Maria and Larry were such a pleasure to work with!! They executed my floral design flawlessly! From the centerpieces to the bouquets to the archway, EVERYTHING was stunning! The flowers were all perfectly blossomed, not wilted at all and the arrangements were so beautiful! I... Read More honestly can't say anything but good things from working with them! I will recommend them to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Amanda H

So happy I decided to go with Maria and Larry for my wedding flowers. They have tons of experience in the business that I knew they were going to do a great job. My flowers came out gorgeous and all my guests raved about how beautiful they were. Larry had such great ideas and... Read More was able to bring my vision to life. He was also able to work within my budget and was very flexible, which was really convenient. I would definitely recommend!!

Wonderful Job!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Stephanie S

Larry was an absolute pleasure to work with, and he did an AMAZING job on our flowers and decorations. Even the venue said the archway for the ceremony was the most beautiful they had ever seen! Our bouquets and centerpieces were gorgeous, too. Larry spent a tremendous amount of... Read More time meeting with me to discuss possible arrangements, and he was enthusiastic throughout the process. You can tell he is a real artist! On our wedding day, he arrived over an hour earlier than agreed to make sure everything was perfect for us. He really captured the feel we were going for, too.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Jennifer Rose O

I loved my flowers! Larry was great to work with and really took everything seriously-he discussed everything with me at length to make sure it was what I was envisioning. I LOVED my bouquet so much I decided to preserve it which was something I didn't think I would do until I... Read More saw it! Larry worked with me to set up our ceremony area, as it was a rainy day and we had to make some decisions about indoor or outdoor but he wasn't pushy or annoyed by my indecisiveness. The gazebo looked amazing! I love flowers and am so happy with Larry and Maria!

The Patience of a Saint

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Lori W

I have to say, as I've told Maria and Larry before, I enjoyed working with this vendor the most out of all my wedding vendors. Maria has patience of a Saint. I completely changed my flowers -- all my flowers -- three times. Not one huff, not one sigh, only encouragement.... Read More Maria wanted me to be happy. I gave poor Maria a very difficult order -- I wanted Lily of the Valley and Lilacs for my wedding the end of May. They are hard to come by as they are just out of season by then but Maria pulled it off. There were some flowers which I just could not get, but Maria knew what looked like the flowers I wanted and made my dream bouquet a reality. Honestly, the church altar flowers were so absolutely incredible -- they were breathtaking. They were so nice that Father kept them the next day for the First Communion children. Also very important was Maria kept in my budget. If something was changed, even at the last minute, Maria made it happen within the limitations I set for her. I wanted aqua sparkly tea lights all over the room. I pride myself as a Google search person, but I couldn't find them... and believe me, I tried. Maria found them for me and at a price lower than we expected. I'm not sure how many vendors would have done this, but Maria lowered the price of the bill on the flowers. What an honest person! I really appreciated having someone work for me that I trusted. Thank you so much Maria and Larry!

Beautiful Flowers!

Reviewed on 4/21/2013 Julie S

Maria and Larry did my wedding flowers and I was incredibly happy! They were easy to work with, had great ideas and even visited my venue to make sure that everything would work beforehand! The arch they created was gorgeous and the other flowers were fresh - my bouquet stayed... Read More for over a week in water!! Highly recommend!

Beautiful arrangements

Reviewed on 4/04/2013 Laura O

We had no idea going in what we wanted as far as flowers. Larry spent a number of hours with us making sure that we were happy & comfortable with what we would have at our wedding. When he dropped off the bouquets everyone just loved how beautiful they were. He & Maria do a... Read More wonderful job & are so easy to work with. They were patient & affordable & produce amazing arrangements. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a florist!

Affordable and Beautiful

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Kerry L

Larry worked with us so that our vision was created, and made it affordable. He was easy to contact, and offered samples when he could. He even hand carved our initials into our centerpieces, which fit our motif.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Tania B

I used this florist for my wedding and I have nothing but great things to say about them. They were an absolute pleasure to work with. The prices were extremely fair and the flowers were PERFECT. She accomplished everything I asked her for and stayed within my budget. I would... Read More recommend them to everyone. They were professional, friendly, and always willing to help I am thankful for all of the hard work they did to make my wedding beautiful and stress free.

Pretty flowers, great people

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Andrea C

This was a recommendation from my Maid of Honor. On the first meeting, Larry spent 2 hours going through what we wanted. He immediately saw my vision and worked with it. He was not afraid to tell me when I was making a wrong decision, which I appreciated. He and Maria have... Read More been in business a long time and know what they are doing. They were lovely to work with and the all the flowers on the day of were gorgeous.

Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2011 Mary H

Our flowers came out awesome. We have received so many compliments about the flowers & the colors. Maria was great in helping us see different options & come up with ideas. The flowers & centerpieces came out better than we ever expected! We will recommend Maria... Read More & Larry to anyone who is looking for flowers.

Beautiful work - but not cheap

Reviewed on 9/10/2011 Amanda Y

I chose to work with Larry even though he was more expensive than any other florist I interviewed, because he was incredibly thorough - each of our meetings to discuss my wedding flowers were 1-2 hours. The flowers ended up being beautiful, but I was a little disappointed in my... Read More own bouquet. It was not the shape I thought we had discussed (I thought I was getting wildflower-esque shape, instead I had a perfectly round bouquet. My bridesmaids' got the wildflower look I was going for, there's were perfect). The ratio of colors was not what i was expecting either (more deep red, less green and yellow). But the bouquet (and all of the flowers) were absolutely beautiful. I guess I'm just disappointed because we spent the extra money because I thought he was so detail oriented. Also, he delivered the guys' boutinierres to the wrong place, but we were able to fix that before the ceremony. I would recommend him to others, but only if flowers are really important to you. If flowers aren't as important, he's probably not worth the extra money.

MADE MY DREAMS A REALITY

Reviewed on 6/10/2011 Elle S

Maria & Larry were the best florists to work with. My flowers came out amazingly beautiful. Beyond my highest expections, and I'm very particular, so that's no easy task. Maria was so sweet & accomodating to my requests and she tried to save me money, instead of trying to... Read More charge me more! Flowers was one of my priorities in my wedding & FloralExpressions by Maria & Larry delivered everything I ever dreamed of and more!!! The Centerpieces were spectacular & all the guests wanted one to take home with them. I got so many rave reviews from my guests about the arrangements & the bouquets! I loved it all! Very happy bride!!!

Above and Beyond!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Kimberly R

Maria is fantastic! I met with her one night, and she gave me over 2 hours of her time simply because she cared about my vision for my wedding. I hadn't even booked her yet! She listened to my ideas and completely blew me away with my centerpieces and bouquets. I had... Read More originally sought her out for my wedding because on her website she had carved pumpkin luminaries. Her daughter personally carved pumpkins for half of my tables, and on the other tables, Maria made these gorgeous dramatic centerpieces that went perfectly with my fall themed wedding. Maria constantly looked for ways that I could save money and stay within my budget, while still creating fantastic centerpieces that I am so glad I have pictures of to cherish always! She does beautiful work and really takes care of her clients. I loved my bouquet so much that I'm having it preserved so I can look at it forever!