Celebrating our 24rd year of business!

Flowerthyme offers a "natural approach to flowers with an English garden flair." We can work with any budget to create designs incorporating lovely shapes, textures and colors for every special event. We are known for our romantic weddings in all of Rhode Island , Eastern Connecticut and Massachusetts.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

135 Main Street, Wakefield, RI (401) 792-3440
PINTEREST

Flowers!

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Jennie P

I loved my flowers! I had never seen anything exactly like what I wanted for either mine or my bridesmaid's bouquets so I couldn’t really provide any pictures to Flowerthyme as inspiration...I just had to describe the best I could! They nailed my vision exactly on the head, even... Read More better than I could have pictured! We got from them: bridal bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 bouts, floral centerpiece at church, throwaway bouquet and pew ribbons. They were on time to deliver and set everything up, were super friendly and helped the boys put their bouts on...no complaints!

5 Start Flowers!

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Kristen G

Joy did an absolutely wonderful job! She captured my vision and took it above and beyond. I really loved how she used the dark purple and hot pink colors together and integrated all of the different flower types. It was amazing how much they made the room and bridesmaid's... Read More black dresses pop! The flowers lasted a really long time and I could even use them at a day after party. Thank you Joy for making my day perfect!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Marissa J

I had always heard and seen pictures of what a good job Joy and her staff at flowertyme do- but until the bridesmaids bouquets and my bridal bouquet showed up at my house, I had no idea how unbelievable of a job they did. The flowers were perfect, and once I got to the church... Read More and reception, it was only magnified. I felt like I didnt have a huge knowledge base on flowers, but I had a general idea of what I wanted... When I met with Joy to discuss ideas, she was great at helping me put everything together and it turned out to be exactly what I imagined! The customer service was fantastic and the finished product was just perfect. Highly recommend!

2011-07-19T16:28:40 Response from the vendor

thank you marissa for such a nice review. I loved your color palette , it was so refreshing to work with these tones. Cannot wait to get photos from you special day!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Kimberly B

Joy was an absolute pleasure to work with, and was able to bring my vision and colors to real life, at a very reasonable cost. From the beginning, she understood the ambiance I wanted to create, and helped direct my thoughts to a beautiful result. She did a floral trial, which... Read More was very helpful to see her ideas and my ideas combined before the big day. She was able to provide all the lanterns, even ordering the ones specific to what I wanted, beautiful vases and centerpieces, and amazing candles of all shapes and sizes. Everything was stunning, fresh, creative, and abundant. I had a lot of fun working with her, and was amazed by her skill and creative talent. Overall, I could not be more pleased or impressed with my florals, and was so happy to work with her .

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Sophia S

FlowerThyme & Joy were absolutely amazing to work with! Everything was PERFECT on our day. Joy made sure everything was just as we planned. She answered every annoying phone call and email and made sure we had nothing to worry about come the big day. Our guests could not stop... Read More complimenting the arrangements. We can't wait to use them again in the future!!! If you get the opportunity, USE JOY!!! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Brianna C

Joy totally got my vision of what I wanted on my wedding day! She was very easy and reliable to work with! She was attentive, meticulous and overall the best vendor we worked with on our day! I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Ruth L

Joy did the flowers for my daughter's June 2017 wedding and welcome dinner. She did a fabulous job with everything - centerpieces, bouquets, arrangements - you name it, Joy was able to provide it in beautiful style. I would recommend Flowerthyme and Joy without reservation.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Megan H

To say everything was perfect at my wedding is an understatement. The flowers, centerpieces and all around decorations were breath taking! I didn't want anything to crazy, just soft romantic flowers and Joy hit it perfectly. My guests were in awe they were all taking photos!... Read More Joy is well ...an absolute joy to work with. She is so easy going, on the ball and was the easiest part of wedding planning. I will actually miss working with her.

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Robin P

Joy did an absolute amazing job capturing my vision for my big day. Everything came out so perfectly. She took the time to really listen to what I wanted and captured every small detail. All of our guests were impressed by her decor and presentation. It was a pleasure to work... Read More with Joy and her team. I'm beyond thrilled we picked Flowerthyme for our wedding

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Cara L

Joy helped us create a beautiful English garden flower theme for our wedding that brought our decor to the next level. Joy is professional/ responsive and also enthusiastic about helping you bring your wedding to life with the floral arrangements. She did research and... Read More collaborated with me via the phone / in-person, culminating in the flowers being our favorite piece of decor at our wedding. Joy is an incredible value for the amazing quality of service and beautiful arrangements - I would highly recommend working with Joy!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Allison H

After reading several reviews I decided to select Flowerthyme for my wedding day flowers. Joy was amazing! She made some great suggestions on how to set up our centerpieces and how to decorate for the ceremony. The flowers were absolutely beautiful and exceeded my... Read More expectations and all at a reasonable price. Thank you Joy!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 elizabeth r

Joy was exactly what her name is - an absolute Joy to work with! We loved our flowers and really loved her enthusiasm and passion - it was contagious! Our flowers were better than I imagined. And, we worked together to focus on some areas, and save money in others. The church... Read More flowers were gorgeous, and my bouquet was perfect! Definitely recommend her x 1000!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Nicole C

Joy did an absolutely amazing job understanding my vision for my wedding flowers! I'm not one that tends to know or care too much about flowers so I didn't give Joy too much to work with as far as what I was looking for, but she was able to sit down with me and check out my... Read More Pinterest page, talk to me about what I like, and did a beautiful job of understanding my style (probably better than I do myself) and decorating my wedding! I especially loved my bouquet, which showcased my favorite flowers: roses, and the beautiful custom wedding arch that she made for our ceremony. Joy was absolutely lovely to work with and I am so happy to have found Flowerthyme!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Erica L

Joy was an absolute pleasure to work with! What we liked most about working with her was that she is sweet, friendly, honest, patient, flexible, and very professional. We loved that she was able to transform our vision into the floral designs we wanted. She ensured that we would... Read More stay within our budget throughout the process. Joy was able to provide us with many great ideas. Her flowers are gorgeous and she was able to produce unbelievable floral arrangements as well as our chuppah She was able to make our wedding day a dream come true! We recommend Flowerthyme to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Kate F

We used Flowerthyme for my July 9, 2016 wedding. I booked with Joy about 10 months before. The wedding florals were absolutely beautiful. The colors and types of flowers were beautiful and Joy did exactly what we had envisioned. I got lots of compliments on how beautiful the... Read More flowers were. Occasionally it was a little hard to get in touch with Joy through e-mail but it always worked out. I would definitely recommend Flowerthyme to future brides!

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Lauren H

Joy did an absolutely amazing job taking my vision, improving on it, and turning my dreams into reality. The flowers and centerpieces were stunning and we received so many compliments on them. Joy's experience and knowledge are unsurpassed and I would highly recommend... Read More Flowerthyme to anyone in need!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Ellen R

We worked with Joy at Flowerthyme for our May wedding. We only ordered bouquets and boutonnieres as we chose to make our own decorations. Joy was easy to reach and did a fantastic job with the bouquets! I couldn’t even imagine something as lovely as what we received. All of the... Read More flowers were fresh and colorful and were packaged in vases of water (all of them!) to keep them that way. She had the best reviews in our area for a reason. I would definitely recommend her shop to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Abbe

Joy did an amazing job working with my vision and color scheme on our wedding day 9/6/15.I met 2 times with Joy and at each meeting she seemed organized, professional and you could tell she has been in the business for awhile. She asks you to create a pinterest board so she can... Read More work with your vision and off of other pieces she has made in the past, which is very helpful! Her prices are very affordable and her chuppah was beautiful! The birch wood chuppah is the REAL reason we went with Joy, it was one of the nicest ones we had found in the area. She was able to secure the chuppah to the ground on a VERY windy day at Warwick Country Club with planters filled with blue and green hydrangeas. It was beautiful and we received many compliments on the chuppah and centerpieces. My own negatives were the size of my bouquet and the bridesmaids. From what we had planned I thought they would be bigger, but they still showed up well in the photographs. Due to the weather and during delivery, a tall vase with flowers also broke which was supposed to be used in the ballroom, but she was able to salvage the flowers and use them on the gift table. Also the hydrangeas on the cake went limp and dry halfway through the night and she only placed them on top of the cake, when I had planned to have them continue on each layer downward. These were minor issues in the whole scheme of the day, but I wish she would have acknowledged them and maybe credited us something in return. All in all, Joy is very good at what she does and I would use her again, as her work is beautiful and very affordable!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Liz L

Joy did an amazing job with all of my bouquets & centerpieces! The flowers were fresh, beautiful & exactly what I wanted. She put together gorgeous centerpieces in Mercury vases that were just perfect! Easy to work with, professional and talented!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Alicia D

Flowerthyme did a great job with our flowers for the wedding. I loved my bouquet and couldn't have been happier with it. Joy made sure to provide all the types of flowers that I wanted and everything looked perfect. Highly recommend.

A Joy to work with!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Chrissy B

I highly recommend hiring FlowerThyme (Joy Rich) as your florist for your wedding. Joy listened closely to all of our requests and executed them just as hoped for. She helped guide us during many of the decisions in the planning process. We met Joy twice before our event to go... Read More over the details. We were able to see a mock up of the table centerpiece and then work together to perfect our vision. The quality of the flowers and beauty of the design was absolutely stunning. I 100% recommend hiring Joy as your florist!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Erica S

Flowerthyme did an outstanding job on our wedding flowers! I am not a very creative or visual person and Joy was able to take my rough ideas and make stunning centerpieces and bouquets. It was very easy to stay with in my budget also. We definitely recommend Flowerthyme to... Read More everyone in the area!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Gloria B

Joy did an amazing job with our wedding flowers! She was easy to talk to, worked with my budget and helped me find the right flowers for my bouquet as well as my centerpieces. Joy really listened to what I wanted, took the time to view my pictures on pinterest and delivered... Read More the most beautiful results. I could not have been happier with her work. She delivered the flowers on time and made sure the ceremony was set up beautifully. Joy also helped me to maximize the use of my flowers by re-using the centerpieces as ceremony decorations. She transported everything for us and helped us to determine how many arrangements we would need for the reception hall. She was familiar with the layout and even showed us pictures of a wedding she had done there before to help us visualize. Joy was a pleasure to work with and delivered a quality product that made an overall great experience!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Kristen V

Flowerthyme made my wedding absolutely beautiful! Joy was always available during the wedding process. She incorporated our wedding theme/colors with perfection. Our guests could not get over how beautiful the arrangements were. The quality and service can simply not be beat. We... Read More can't thank Joy enough!!

Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Patricia C

My wedding flowers were everything I dreamed they would be! I showed Joy pictures of what I liked and explained my ideas and she was receptive to my ideas and offered other ideas in areas I wasn't so sure about. She truly is an artist with her floral creations! I was in awe of... Read More the flowers she did for the ceremony and all the little touches. I completely put my trust in her creations and she more than surpassed what I had expected! I know nothing about flowers, but I knew what colors I wanted and I told her how I love peonies and she went with that info! I'm happy I went with Joy at Flowerthyme

Joy Rich

Joy Rich owner of Flowerthyme floral studio is celebrating her 24th year in the floral business. Going from a lovely retail store to now weddings and events she feels blessed to be in a business full of beauty and love. To be a part of someones special day is a priviledge and she enjoys the process of meeting with a perspective bride and their family to make their day lovely!