Celebrating our 18th year of business!

Flowerthyme offers a "natural approach to flowers with an English garden flair." We can work with any budget to create designs incorporating lovely shapes, textures and colors for every special event. We are known for our romantic weddings in the South County and Newport area.

$$

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

365 Main Street, Wakefield, RI

Flowers!

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Jennie P

I loved my flowers! I had never seen anything exactly like what I wanted for either mine or my bridesmaid's bouquets so I couldn’t really provide any pictures to Flowerthyme as inspiration...I just had to describe the best I could! They nailed my vision exactly on the head, even... Read More better than I could have pictured! We got from them: bridal bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 bouts, floral centerpiece at church, throwaway bouquet and pew ribbons. They were on time to deliver and set everything up, were super friendly and helped the boys put their bouts on...no complaints!

5 Start Flowers!

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Kristen G

Joy did an absolutely wonderful job! She captured my vision and took it above and beyond. I really loved how she used the dark purple and hot pink colors together and integrated all of the different flower types. It was amazing how much they made the room and bridesmaid's... Read More black dresses pop! The flowers lasted a really long time and I could even use them at a day after party. Thank you Joy for making my day perfect!

2011-08-17T19:08:53 Response from joy, the member

Thank you so much Kristen. I recently saw some photos from Janet, Matt's mom and everyone looked great. I am so happy that you loved your flowers. You picked great colors and were so easy to work with. I wish you and Chris all the... Read Less Read More

AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Marissa J

I had always heard and seen pictures of what a good job Joy and her staff at flowertyme do- but until the bridesmaids bouquets and my bridal bouquet showed up at my house, I had no idea how unbelievable of a job they did. The flowers were perfect, and once I got to the church... Read More and reception, it was only magnified. I felt like I didnt have a huge knowledge base on flowers, but I had a general idea of what I wanted... When I met with Joy to discuss ideas, she was great at helping me put everything together and it turned out to be exactly what I imagined! The customer service was fantastic and the finished product was just perfect. Highly recommend!

2011-07-19T16:28:40 Response from the vendor

thank you marissa for such a nice review. I loved your color palette , it was so refreshing to work with these tones. Cannot wait to get photos from you special day!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Gloria B

Joy did an amazing job with our wedding flowers! She was easy to talk to, worked with my budget and helped me find the right flowers for my bouquet as well as my centerpieces. Joy really listened to what I wanted, took the time to view my pictures on pinterest and delivered... Read More the most beautiful results. I could not have been happier with her work. She delivered the flowers on time and made sure the ceremony was set up beautifully. Joy also helped me to maximize the use of my flowers by re-using the centerpieces as ceremony decorations. She transported everything for us and helped us to determine how many arrangements we would need for the reception hall. She was familiar with the layout and even showed us pictures of a wedding she had done there before to help us visualize. Joy was a pleasure to work with and delivered a quality product that made an overall great experience!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Kristen V

Flowerthyme made my wedding absolutely beautiful! Joy was always available during the wedding process. She incorporated our wedding theme/colors with perfection. Our guests could not get over how beautiful the arrangements were. The quality and service can simply not be beat. We... Read More can't thank Joy enough!!

NA

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Yvette K

NA

Flowerthyme is the best!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Amanda F

Flowerthyme is amazing! Joy and her team put together STUNNING flower arrangements for our wedding!! I could not have imagined more beautiful bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids, and the table arrangements were absolutely perfect. They were so romantic and lovely. I also... Read More wanted to mention that the flowers Joy chose for the men's boutonnieres were gorgeous and a couple of the guys even got compliments on them from the guests (I've never heard of that happening before!)! My parents, husband and I were so thrilled with how everything came together and Flowerthyme was such an integral part in that. Joy was always so responsive and patient with me throughout the planning process, despite me changing my vision several times. I would recommend Flowerthyme to any future brides out there! They are the best!

Romantic flowers!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Tammy C

We worked with Joy from Flowerthyme for our wedding in May. She was wonderful! Talking with her was casual and easy. Unlike some florists I attempted to work with, she listened to my ideas and looked through the pictures I sent without taking it too literal. She took this... Read More information, digested it and then created beautiful centerpieces, side table décor and most importantly, the bouquets. The bouquets were perfect! Everything I could have ever wanted and more! She had a little “bling,” just the right amount of color and romance. They were full and she used gorgeous flowers; all of this…on a budget. She worked with me to choose what aspects of the flower décor were most important and what would have the most impact- and it worked! I would absolutely recommend Joy as anyone’s florist.

BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS AND A GREAT EXPERIENCE

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Sheenagh D

My experience with Flowerthyme was wonderful! Joy was really great to work with and very flexible regarding various changes I had throughout the planning process. In addition to her flexibility, Joy really knows her flowers and when it came time to meet with her regarding my... Read More vision for wedding flowers she had many great suggestions and really seemed to understand the style I was going for. On the day of the wedding when I finally saw everything come together I was very impressed. My bouquet along with the bridesmaids was absolutely beautiful! The table centerpieces and fire place mantle display was stunning too!!

Beautiful!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Brittany B

We used Joy at Flowerthyme, and were very happy. Her flowers were beautiful, and you could tell she has tons of experience.

Flowerthyme

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Jill N

I was extremely disappointed in Flowerthyme. They are the only vendor I did not have an extremely positive experience with. The pricing was extremely reasonable, but they seemed to be very disorganized and made most of my flowers off of old notes that were no longer applicable... Read More after our final meeting 3 weeks before the event. The good: centerpieces and flowers for the arbor were perfect, the maid of honor's bouquet and the mothers' nosegays were mostly correct. The bad: all of the bouquets/nosegays had these grey leafy things in them, which were in one of my reference photos, but we had discussed that they were not to be used. My bouquet was 1/3 of the size I thought it was going to be and it didn't follow the design we had discussed (and I provided reference photos for). We ordered a bunch of single dahlia blossoms in 4" bowls, but they used 6" bowls which were much too big. The single blossoms were lost in the bigger bowls. We had flowers ties to the ceremony chairs. They were supposed to have black satin ribbon, but they used burlap. We were able to get the ribbon corrected before the ceremony. I had a meeting with Joy about 3 weeks before my wedding and brough a single paper with all the photos she would need for references. She made some notes directly on the paper during out meeting. I would be inclined to say she lost the paper, but the MOH bouquet was picture perfect (other than the grey leaves) and the only time I gave her that photo was at our last meeting. My DOC personally recommended Joy and even called her from the venue to let her know about all the issues. I thought it would have been the professional thing to do for her to call or email me and at least appologize for the mistakes, but I haven't heard anything several weeks later. Flowerthyme's pricing is incredibly reasonable, but I cannot in good conscience recommend them.

Perfect Flowers!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Kristin R

I had shopped around a lot for flowers for the wedding before I found Joy at Flowerthyme. The flowers were absolutely stunning! Joy is an absolute gem! She even helped my guys set up the aisle runner (something we didn't even pay her for)! So Professional!! She was ahead of time... Read More as well for dropping off the flowers! I loved all of it! I will definitely use her for any flower needs!

florist

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Laura B

Joy was our florist for our wedding. Her sense of style and color is unbelievable! Every time I met with her we spoke about styles and color schemes. She was so helpful with all the changes we kept making. After finally coming up with colors and flowers she went beyond what I... Read More could have even imagined! Best flowers I have ever seen!

Exactly what I wanted!

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Kathryn T

Working with Joy was just that- an absolute joy. I didn't know too much about specific flowers but I had a color scheme and a feeling that I wanted to capture. Joy has endless ideas and is incredibly creative when it comes to her designs. We talked about what I was looking... Read More for and she ran with it. I saw a mock-up about two weeks before the wedding and we refined the look based on that model. On the day of, I could not believe what I saw! The arrangements were absolutely perfect. She and her team got everything set on the afternoon of the wedding and I didn't have to worry a bit about making sure that it was all set. The one thing about wedding planning that everyone says, is "trust your vendors." With Joy and Flowerthyme, that was the easiest thing in the world to do. Thank you Joy, for making my venue come alive with my vision for my wedding and helping to make our day even more special.

Artistic

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Ashley N

Working with Joy was a pleasure. She had so many great ideas and really did an amazing job. As I am not a flower expert, she was able to offer so many artistic ideas that suited my style perfectly. I could not have asked for anything more!

Joy is Awesome!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 amber r

Flowerthyme was awesome. Our flowers were so beautiful. I got so many compliments on my bouquet and we used the flowers the next day at our after party and they were equally as beautiful. Joy was so helpful and accommodating. When we met with her she made great suggestions that... Read More pulled our beachy look together. I would recommend Flowerthyme to anyone. She did exactly what I had hoped for and more.

Flowers as unique as you

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Amanda T

I didn't want a wedding full of roses and I felt like Joy understood that from the first meeting. She and I worked together to tie in a broad range of flowers that I loved and weren't just the run of the mill wedding flowers. Joy met with my mother and I on several occasions and... Read More was flexible with payment and switching things around. The arrangements looked wonderful and I can't wait to see how the photos turned out! Joy's energy for weddings is contagious and you will leave her office excited about your big day!

Beautiful Flowers!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Leah A

Working with Joy was an absolute pleasure! She is outgoing and really works hard to understand your vision. Planning a wedding from 2500 miles away is no easy task, but Joy really hit the nail on the head. Our flowers were perfect and our last minute arbor was just beautiful! I... Read More would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in South County.

Beautiful, but not what I wanted

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Jessica P

I would only recommend this vendor to someone who knows all exactly what they want and have pictures to provide for the florist to follow, or someone who wants something beautiful, but has no vision in their head what they want it to look like. My flowers looked beautiful on my... Read More wedding day, but almost none of the items were as requested. I had submerged flowers down my aisle, and after we had met in person and talked on the phone about staggering the flower heights, all were cut to the top of the vase. Also, those vases were definitely shorter than the ones we had seen during our consultation. My wedding colors were purple and blue, but pink was definitely the predominant flower color. From the blooming branches (which were gorgeous and I was fine being pink, we weren't specific), to the "purple" (pinkish purple) tulips, to the bridal party bouquets which had a ton of pink and almost no blue, SO much pink. She did bring extra flowers for the centerpieces and asked me if I wanted her to put them in, which were beautiful. The flowers ended up in several places and did not following the very explicit directions I sent, not that anyone noticed but me. Also, almost all of our boutonnieres fell apart some time during the day, and the MOG complained to me that by the time she sat in her seat at the ceremony her corsage was already clearly dying on her wrist. I had to keep correcting mistakes, and often re-corrected old mistakes when she sent me or was looking at older invoices. Again, the day of our wedding and all our flowers were beautiful, but not the vision that I had had and thought communicated to the florist.

Reviewed on 3/08/2013 Kaila C

I showed up to Joys office with a few magazine clippings and no clue what any flowers were called. Joy sat with me and was able to understand exactly what I wanted. My flower arrangements and bouquets were absolutely perfect. She is professional, friendly, and creative. I am... Read More very happy how my flowers came out.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Alyssa L

Joy was very quick to respond to any phone calls or emails. My flowers came out amazing!

Awesome, start to finish

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Stephanie A

Joy Rich at FlowerThyme was great to work with. All of the flowers were SO beautiful and were exactly what I had imagined for my wedding day. She has a great team who dropped everything off to each of our locations and even moved the flowers from the chapel to the reception... Read More venue between the service and cocktail hour so that I could save money by reusing the decorations. She was a bit unresponsive at times to emails, but I think only because she is so busy.. which is merely a reflection of her pure talent and creative genius! She has a great website, and you can follow her on Pinterest too, which is especially helpful to start doing before you meet with her. She'll follow you too and use your pins to get a sense of what you're looking to see in your bouquets and decorations. Bottom line, she's awesome, and she does amazing work!

Truly Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Jamie s

On a budget, Joy took on my small wedding request right in the midst of the craziness of mother's day weekend and yet I never once felt like she didn't put 100% into my wedding flowers. They were show stopping and if I had known just how amazing they would be and the statement... Read More that they would make, I probably would have splurged a bit more. The pop of color is what made the pictures look fresh, happy and full of love and spring! She just read my mind completely and I couldn't have been happier. I would recommend her over and over again!

2012-10-23T15:13:21 Response from joy, the member

Jamie you were such a beatiful bride in so many ways. So glad you were happy with the flowers. Love the photo of you in front of Aldrich mansion with the red car!

The most gorgeous flowers I have ever seen!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Stephanie D

Joy at Flowerthyme is wonderful to work with! She took my vision of a late-summer nautical wedding and wove a tapestry of blue hydrangeas, calla lilies, white roses and other seasonal flowers that was exactly what I had pictured in my mind! Joy even transported our ceremony... Read More flowers from the South Ferry Church to our reception at The Towers so we were able to utilize them for the entire day. Her flowers are beautiful and she is a pleasure to work with. You will not be disappointed!

2012-10-09T15:19:42 Response from joy, the member

thank you stephanie, you were a lovely bride and such a pleasure to work with. I wish you all the best!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Emily S

Joy did a fantastic job with the flowers for our wedding- the flowers were more beautiful than we could have imagined! There were a few hiccups during the planning process, but at the end of the day we were extremely happy with Joy's service and would definitely recommend her... Read More to everyone.

TO Flowerthyme