Celebrating our 18th year of business!

Flowerthyme offers a "natural approach to flowers with an English garden flair." We can work with any budget to create designs incorporating lovely shapes, textures and colors for every special event. We are known for our romantic weddings in the South County and Newport area.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

135 Main Street, Wakefield, RI

Flowers!

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Jennie P

I loved my flowers! I had never seen anything exactly like what I wanted for either mine or my bridesmaid's bouquets so I couldn’t really provide any pictures to Flowerthyme as inspiration...I just had to describe the best I could! They nailed my vision exactly on the head, even... Read More better than I could have pictured! We got from them: bridal bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 bouts, floral centerpiece at church, throwaway bouquet and pew ribbons. They were on time to deliver and set everything up, were super friendly and helped the boys put their bouts on...no complaints!

5 Start Flowers!

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Kristen G

Joy did an absolutely wonderful job! She captured my vision and took it above and beyond. I really loved how she used the dark purple and hot pink colors together and integrated all of the different flower types. It was amazing how much they made the room and bridesmaid's... Read More black dresses pop! The flowers lasted a really long time and I could even use them at a day after party. Thank you Joy for making my day perfect!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Marissa J

I had always heard and seen pictures of what a good job Joy and her staff at flowertyme do- but until the bridesmaids bouquets and my bridal bouquet showed up at my house, I had no idea how unbelievable of a job they did. The flowers were perfect, and once I got to the church... Read More and reception, it was only magnified. I felt like I didnt have a huge knowledge base on flowers, but I had a general idea of what I wanted... When I met with Joy to discuss ideas, she was great at helping me put everything together and it turned out to be exactly what I imagined! The customer service was fantastic and the finished product was just perfect. Highly recommend!

2011-07-19T16:28:40 Response from the vendor

thank you marissa for such a nice review. I loved your color palette , it was so refreshing to work with these tones. Cannot wait to get photos from you special day!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Erica L

Joy was an absolute pleasure to work with! What we liked most about working with her was that she is sweet, friendly, honest, patient, flexible, and very professional. We loved that she was able to transform our vision into the floral designs we wanted. She ensured that we would... Read More stay within our budget throughout the process. Joy was able to provide us with many great ideas. Her flowers are gorgeous and she was able to produce unbelievable floral arrangements as well as our chuppah She was able to make our wedding day a dream come true! We recommend Flowerthyme to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Kate F

We used Flowerthyme for my July 9, 2016 wedding. I booked with Joy about 10 months before. The wedding florals were absolutely beautiful. The colors and types of flowers were beautiful and Joy did exactly what we had envisioned. I got lots of compliments on how beautiful the... Read More flowers were. Occasionally it was a little hard to get in touch with Joy through e-mail but it always worked out. I would definitely recommend Flowerthyme to future brides!

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Lauren H

Joy did an absolutely amazing job taking my vision, improving on it, and turning my dreams into reality. The flowers and centerpieces were stunning and we received so many compliments on them. Joy's experience and knowledge are unsurpassed and I would highly recommend... Read More Flowerthyme to anyone in need!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Ellen R

We worked with Joy at Flowerthyme for our May wedding. We only ordered bouquets and boutonnieres as we chose to make our own decorations. Joy was easy to reach and did a fantastic job with the bouquets! I couldn’t even imagine something as lovely as what we received. All of the... Read More flowers were fresh and colorful and were packaged in vases of water (all of them!) to keep them that way. She had the best reviews in our area for a reason. I would definitely recommend her shop to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Abbe

Joy did an amazing job working with my vision and color scheme on our wedding day 9/6/15.I met 2 times with Joy and at each meeting she seemed organized, professional and you could tell she has been in the business for awhile. She asks you to create a pinterest board so she can... Read More work with your vision and off of other pieces she has made in the past, which is very helpful! Her prices are very affordable and her chuppah was beautiful! The birch wood chuppah is the REAL reason we went with Joy, it was one of the nicest ones we had found in the area. She was able to secure the chuppah to the ground on a VERY windy day at Warwick Country Club with planters filled with blue and green hydrangeas. It was beautiful and we received many compliments on the chuppah and centerpieces. My own negatives were the size of my bouquet and the bridesmaids. From what we had planned I thought they would be bigger, but they still showed up well in the photographs. Due to the weather and during delivery, a tall vase with flowers also broke which was supposed to be used in the ballroom, but she was able to salvage the flowers and use them on the gift table. Also the hydrangeas on the cake went limp and dry halfway through the night and she only placed them on top of the cake, when I had planned to have them continue on each layer downward. These were minor issues in the whole scheme of the day, but I wish she would have acknowledged them and maybe credited us something in return. All in all, Joy is very good at what she does and I would use her again, as her work is beautiful and very affordable!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Liz L

Joy did an amazing job with all of my bouquets & centerpieces! The flowers were fresh, beautiful & exactly what I wanted. She put together gorgeous centerpieces in Mercury vases that were just perfect! Easy to work with, professional and talented!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Alicia D

Flowerthyme did a great job with our flowers for the wedding. I loved my bouquet and couldn't have been happier with it. Joy made sure to provide all the types of flowers that I wanted and everything looked perfect. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Erica S

Flowerthyme did an outstanding job on our wedding flowers! I am not a very creative or visual person and Joy was able to take my rough ideas and make stunning centerpieces and bouquets. It was very easy to stay with in my budget also. We definitely recommend Flowerthyme to... Read More everyone in the area!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Gloria B

Joy did an amazing job with our wedding flowers! She was easy to talk to, worked with my budget and helped me find the right flowers for my bouquet as well as my centerpieces. Joy really listened to what I wanted, took the time to view my pictures on pinterest and delivered... Read More the most beautiful results. I could not have been happier with her work. She delivered the flowers on time and made sure the ceremony was set up beautifully. Joy also helped me to maximize the use of my flowers by re-using the centerpieces as ceremony decorations. She transported everything for us and helped us to determine how many arrangements we would need for the reception hall. She was familiar with the layout and even showed us pictures of a wedding she had done there before to help us visualize. Joy was a pleasure to work with and delivered a quality product that made an overall great experience!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Kristen V

Flowerthyme made my wedding absolutely beautiful! Joy was always available during the wedding process. She incorporated our wedding theme/colors with perfection. Our guests could not get over how beautiful the arrangements were. The quality and service can simply not be beat. We... Read More can't thank Joy enough!!

NA

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Yvette K

NA

Flowerthyme is the best!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Amanda F

Flowerthyme is amazing! Joy and her team put together STUNNING flower arrangements for our wedding!! I could not have imagined more beautiful bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids, and the table arrangements were absolutely perfect. They were so romantic and lovely. I also... Read More wanted to mention that the flowers Joy chose for the men's boutonnieres were gorgeous and a couple of the guys even got compliments on them from the guests (I've never heard of that happening before!)! My parents, husband and I were so thrilled with how everything came together and Flowerthyme was such an integral part in that. Joy was always so responsive and patient with me throughout the planning process, despite me changing my vision several times. I would recommend Flowerthyme to any future brides out there! They are the best!

Romantic flowers!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Tammy C

We worked with Joy from Flowerthyme for our wedding in May. She was wonderful! Talking with her was casual and easy. Unlike some florists I attempted to work with, she listened to my ideas and looked through the pictures I sent without taking it too literal. She took this... Read More information, digested it and then created beautiful centerpieces, side table décor and most importantly, the bouquets. The bouquets were perfect! Everything I could have ever wanted and more! She had a little “bling,” just the right amount of color and romance. They were full and she used gorgeous flowers; all of this…on a budget. She worked with me to choose what aspects of the flower décor were most important and what would have the most impact- and it worked! I would absolutely recommend Joy as anyone’s florist.

BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS AND A GREAT EXPERIENCE

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Sheenagh D

My experience with Flowerthyme was wonderful! Joy was really great to work with and very flexible regarding various changes I had throughout the planning process. In addition to her flexibility, Joy really knows her flowers and when it came time to meet with her regarding my... Read More vision for wedding flowers she had many great suggestions and really seemed to understand the style I was going for. On the day of the wedding when I finally saw everything come together I was very impressed. My bouquet along with the bridesmaids was absolutely beautiful! The table centerpieces and fire place mantle display was stunning too!!

Beautiful!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Brittany B

We used Joy at Flowerthyme, and were very happy. Her flowers were beautiful, and you could tell she has tons of experience.

Flowerthyme

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Jill N

I was extremely disappointed in Flowerthyme. They are the only vendor I did not have an extremely positive experience with. The pricing was extremely reasonable, but they seemed to be very disorganized and made most of my flowers off of old notes that were no longer applicable... Read More after our final meeting 3 weeks before the event. The good: centerpieces and flowers for the arbor were perfect, the maid of honor's bouquet and the mothers' nosegays were mostly correct. The bad: all of the bouquets/nosegays had these grey leafy things in them, which were in one of my reference photos, but we had discussed that they were not to be used. My bouquet was 1/3 of the size I thought it was going to be and it didn't follow the design we had discussed (and I provided reference photos for). We ordered a bunch of single dahlia blossoms in 4" bowls, but they used 6" bowls which were much too big. The single blossoms were lost in the bigger bowls. We had flowers ties to the ceremony chairs. They were supposed to have black satin ribbon, but they used burlap. We were able to get the ribbon corrected before the ceremony. I had a meeting with Joy about 3 weeks before my wedding and brough a single paper with all the photos she would need for references. She made some notes directly on the paper during out meeting. I would be inclined to say she lost the paper, but the MOH bouquet was picture perfect (other than the grey leaves) and the only time I gave her that photo was at our last meeting. My DOC personally recommended Joy and even called her from the venue to let her know about all the issues. I thought it would have been the professional thing to do for her to call or email me and at least appologize for the mistakes, but I haven't heard anything several weeks later. Flowerthyme's pricing is incredibly reasonable, but I cannot in good conscience recommend them.

Perfect Flowers!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Kristin R

I had shopped around a lot for flowers for the wedding before I found Joy at Flowerthyme. The flowers were absolutely stunning! Joy is an absolute gem! She even helped my guys set up the aisle runner (something we didn't even pay her for)! So Professional!! She was ahead of time... Read More as well for dropping off the flowers! I loved all of it! I will definitely use her for any flower needs!

florist

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Laura B

Joy was our florist for our wedding. Her sense of style and color is unbelievable! Every time I met with her we spoke about styles and color schemes. She was so helpful with all the changes we kept making. After finally coming up with colors and flowers she went beyond what I... Read More could have even imagined! Best flowers I have ever seen!

Exactly what I wanted!

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Kathryn T

Working with Joy was just that- an absolute joy. I didn't know too much about specific flowers but I had a color scheme and a feeling that I wanted to capture. Joy has endless ideas and is incredibly creative when it comes to her designs. We talked about what I was looking... Read More for and she ran with it. I saw a mock-up about two weeks before the wedding and we refined the look based on that model. On the day of, I could not believe what I saw! The arrangements were absolutely perfect. She and her team got everything set on the afternoon of the wedding and I didn't have to worry a bit about making sure that it was all set. The one thing about wedding planning that everyone says, is "trust your vendors." With Joy and Flowerthyme, that was the easiest thing in the world to do. Thank you Joy, for making my venue come alive with my vision for my wedding and helping to make our day even more special.

Artistic

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Ashley N

Working with Joy was a pleasure. She had so many great ideas and really did an amazing job. As I am not a flower expert, she was able to offer so many artistic ideas that suited my style perfectly. I could not have asked for anything more!

Joy is Awesome!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 amber r

Flowerthyme was awesome. Our flowers were so beautiful. I got so many compliments on my bouquet and we used the flowers the next day at our after party and they were equally as beautiful. Joy was so helpful and accommodating. When we met with her she made great suggestions that... Read More pulled our beachy look together. I would recommend Flowerthyme to anyone. She did exactly what I had hoped for and more.

Flowers as unique as you

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Amanda T

I didn't want a wedding full of roses and I felt like Joy understood that from the first meeting. She and I worked together to tie in a broad range of flowers that I loved and weren't just the run of the mill wedding flowers. Joy met with my mother and I on several occasions and... Read More was flexible with payment and switching things around. The arrangements looked wonderful and I can't wait to see how the photos turned out! Joy's energy for weddings is contagious and you will leave her office excited about your big day!