Food for the Southern Soul, LLC

Charleston, SC

Food + Catering

P.O. Box 13615, Charleston, SC (843) 762-9200

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Claire F

When we began planning our wedding, my now-husband asked, jokingly, if we could go really laid back and serve his favorite food at our wedding – pulled pork. He seemed surprised when I thought that was the best idea ever and suggested we make it a backyard bbq – pulled pork,... Read More lowcountry shrimp boil, mac&cheese, red rice, grilled chicken, and biscuits. Our planners suggest Food for the Southern Soul to accomplish this, and they hit the nail on the head. If you are looking for amazing food for your wedding – this is the way to go. From the first tasting, we knew that we were in for something memorable. FFTSS was professional and so nice, and we were able to meet the owner of the company during our tasting – love local companies! We wanted delicious, simple, no-frills food that people loved, and FFTSS delivered. The passed hor d’oeuvres at cocktail hour seemed to be a huge hit – I got to have the bacon wrapped scallop and deviled egg, and they were on point. We decided to do stations at the wedding, so all of our guests could try everything. I loved seeing so many friends as they stopped by our table on their way to get second and third helpings! We received so many compliments on how amazing it all was. The only bummer was that I did not get to eat MORE of it. If you want guests to absolutely love the food served at your wedding, FFTSS is the way to go. Thank you for helping to make our night so perfect!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Lis H

The food was amazing!! We were impressed with these guys right from our tasting! Our first tasting with a caterer did not go so well so we were a little nervous going into this one. They had pimento cheese with bene wafers waiting for us upon arrival. We were then served two... Read More huge plates of pulled pork with Mac and cheese and red rice. Everything was delicious and they even boxed up what we didn't finish so we could take it home! Their amazing service continues into the wedding! The food was amazing and they kept it coming until everyone had eaten as much as they could. The staff was very polite and very helpful. I couldn't have been happier with our choice of caterer!!

great Rehearsal Dinner Caterer

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Katie O

I got a ton of compliments on the food. Rutledge was a great help with everything from setting up at the beginning to helping clean up the space at the end of the dinner. The rehearsal dinner would not have turned out as well without his professionalism (and, of course, his... Read More cooking). If you could pass along my sincere gratitude, I would appreciate it. Thank you for providing great such great food and service for our rehearsal dinner!

2013-12-04T10:36:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Katie, you and Dan were a pleasure to work with! We are so glad that your event was a success and we will pass on your kind words to Rutledge!