Fresh. Stylish. Memorable.

With over 20 years of experience and a global culinary background, we deliver a powerful and artistic experience, characterized by high flavor profiles and creative displays, balanced by thoughtful, personalized touches.

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

1759 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA Greater Seattle Area (206) 297-9634

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Shae D

We had a fantastic experience working with Foodz for our wedding. Shelby and our event manager, Helen, were great to work with and easy to communicate with. We had contacted several other caterers who basically sent us a menu and said "pick what you want," but Shelby took the... Read More time to set up a phone call with me - and actually asked a lot of questions about me and my now-husband, instead of just the about what we wanted in terms of menu items! We were able to put together the perfect menu that was just the right mix of class and comfort food. Shelby even created an appetizer display for cocktail hour to commemorate our first date. And the food itself was fantastic! I'm very happy with the choice we made, and would definitely recommend Foodz Catering.

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Lindsey T

Where do I even begin - Foodz is AMAZING! From the very start, they were responsive, helpful, and accommodating to our needs and budget. We worked closely with Davi on the catering, and she was a wealth of knowledge, and helped us get to a menu for our wedding that was perfect... Read More for us! Not only that, but Davi was our day of coordinator - she was the best decision we made during our wedding planning, truly. I can't even begin to describe how lucky we felt to have had her working on our wedding with us! There were many times I had no idea what I was doing, and she was always there to provide solutions or advice, all of which was the perfect approach. She was always incredibly calm under pressure, and helped pull off a day that we will never forget. I am sure there were snafus on the day of, but I don't know of any of them because she handled everything with such expertise. Even wedding guests were coming up to us afterward saying how amazing she was. Davi, and Foodz Catering in general, was the best decision we made and we cannot recommend her and the catering company enough. The food was the best I had ever had at a wedding, they were quick and efficient, and very willing to work within our means while still making sure it was an unforgettable day. We love Foodz Catering and Davi!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Matthew D

In addition to catering some fantastic food for our wedding, Foodz was great to work with during the planning process. The event coordinator Helen took the time to work out venue layout with us and coordinate a room flip between the ceremony and reception. She was always very... Read More helpful during the planning process with answering whatever questions we had (no matter how obvious/silly they may have been). The onsite staff the day of was very friendly and positive, and did a great job with both set up and tear down. After the wedding, the onsite staff even packed up some left over appetizers for us in little to-go boxes for our trip back to the hotel! Overall we would highly recommend Foodz!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Katie Q

Foodz was one of the preferred caterers for our venue (Fremont Foundry), and after comparing/tasting/researching all of our options these guys emerged as the clear winner based on price, beautiful presentation of their food and THE BEST flavors of any caterer we tried. We met... Read More with Shelby at an Open House before we chose Foodz, and the food we tried there -- as well as Shelby's willingness to brainstorm with us, ask the right questions, come up with creative suggestions, make our specific requests happen, etc. -- sealed the deal. We signed on the dotted line shortly thereafter. We didn't feel like we received the same kind of personalized attention in the decision-making process from anyone else like we did with Foodz. During the planning process, Foodz was really helpful with venue layout and helping us make sure we had all the right details in place. And the day/night of, the on site staff was super on top of it and checked in with us several times to make sure we had everything we needed, where happy, etc. And they packed up the cutest little to-go box for us to take to the hotel with us that night (complete with mini cans of champagne!). My only criticism is that at times I felt the folks there weren't as responsive as I expected them to be -- perhaps this is because I spent 10+ years in a professional service industry where I was expected to respond to client inquiries in a matter of a couple of hours (and at the most 24 hours), so my expectations may be a bit higher. And this probably wouldn't bother someone less type-A than me :). But there were times when I had to reach out a couple of time before getting an answer -- I get that everyone gets busy especially during peak times, but it seems like a response within a couple of days isn't unreasonable. However, overall even given this feedback, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change my decision to go with Foodz -- the day-of service and delicious food far outweighed any negatives!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Tanya M

My husband and I are both from small family oriented towns, and we had a wedding of around 100 people. We wanted simple, good food, and we got exactly what we wanted and more! We had an excellent tasting when we first visited Foodz Catering, and the consultant assigned to my... Read More wedding, Melissa, was phenomenal. She always got back to me that same day or the next, and delivered exactly what she said she would. We had THE best mashed potatoes I've ever had in my life, feta mashed potatoes I believe, braised beef, herb chicken and asparagus. I forget exactly how everything was cooked, but in short, it was too perfection. I could not have been happier when the meal, and the fact that my husband and I didn't have any left to take any home was an excellent sign!! We had buffet style food, and it worked perfectly with the flow of our wedding. The food is superb, and the customer service is unparalleled!

Great selection, professional staff, good eats

Reviewed on 2/15/2013 Lauren M

Foodz has been a favorite vendor for corporate functions that I schedule and I was pleased that they had availability to cater my wedding reception. They were super flexible, professional, on time, and I got so many compliments on the good food and how friendly/professional the... Read More catering staff was. They sent us home with a bride and groom gift of the dinner we didn't get a moment to eat and all of the leftovers that we wanted. They were willing to work in a pub with no kitchen and helped us to modify the space beautifully to suit the occasion.

Oct 2012 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Jennifer D

Great food but I was disappointed with some of the service. The staff day of were great but the person we worked with was gone and I don't think all of the information was communicated to the day of staff.

Review for Foodz Catering

Reviewed on 6/25/2012 Catherine Q

I really enjoyed my experience with Foodz Catering. We had a hard time finding a caterer for our Spanish themed wedding that was affordable. The first caterer we picked was not a full service caterer, all he would do was make our main dish - the Paella. This created a problem... Read More when looking for other caterers. I loved that when we contacted Foodz, they had no problem working with us even though we already had a caterer. When I found out they cooked Paella (through a review on yelp), we decided to taste it. It was WONDERFUL. We ended up canceling the first caterer and just going with Foodz, since they do everything - rentals, serving, bartending, beverages, and food. They created a Spanish menu for us of passed appetizers (patatas bravas, gazpacho shooters, and stuffed pepperdew peppers) and a main meal of four different types of paella, meeting different people's dietary restrictions - I loved how flexible they were. The paella bar was pretty awesome because it was interactive bar, you chose whether you wanted vegetarian/vegan, seafood, meat, or everything paellas, and they would cook it for you right THERE! They also made fantastic sangria for our signature cocktail. Melissa was great to work with as well, through the whole process. We had to do a lot of rentals because we got married and had our reception at Golden Gardens. We didn't have to deal with rentals at all, which was great! I'd really recommend them.

Yummy sweet potato crab cakes

Reviewed on 2/07/2012 Kirsten L

Everyone was raving about the sweet potato crab cakes. I don't eat crab (my husband chose them), but apparently it was delicious. We had our wedding of about 90 guests at the Lake Washington Rowing Club. I appreciated that Foodz routinely works there, so they knew where... Read More everything was and handled the clean up. Overall, I was happy w/my catering choice.

Creative Catering Company

Reviewed on 2/20/2011 Rachel P

We were limited in our selection of caterers from our venue selection. However, we chose Foodz after attending their open house and being impressed with not only their food quality, but also their amazing attention to presentation. We had already seen all our other options, but... Read More knew we had to pick Foodz after experiencing some incredible appetizers (artisan cheese and Salumi meats anyone?), delicious entrees and side dishes, and creative drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike). Then we were able to meet with Shelby to design our own unique meal (we chose family style dining) and help her get an idea of our event. She was a pleasure to work with and although she wasn’t there during our wedding, her catering team did brilliantly.

Foodz Catering is awesome!

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Denica A

The Foodz staff made our wedding reception really memorable. They helped us do everything our way even when it was a little different. We did not do the traditional cake, instead they made a wonderful chocolate fountain that was a big hit. Their salmon and pasta was raved over... Read More for days! They set everything up, including all of my DIY centerpieces, shells, special plate signing table, etc. They took my vision and went with it. It turned out beautiful! Thanks Shelby & Melissa.

Shelby Sewell

Shelby Sewell is an accomplished, award-winning chef with over 20 years of experience. After graduating from London’s famed Cordon Bleu culinary institute, she and her husband spent 7 years on an extended journey through 33 countries, traveling, teaching, tasting and learning. The experience changed her life and ultimately became the inspiration for Foodz Catering. Whether she’s working with a bride-to-be on menu planning, teaching a cooking class, or donating her time and services to the community, Shelby infuses everything with enthusiasm, and passion for globally inspired cuisine.