Book Your Wedding with Forrest Grove Plantation

A BALLROOM IN DENHAM SPRINGS, LA

Forrest Grove Plantation is an event and full-service catering venue. This venue is a must for the couple who are food and drink connoisseurs. The building itself is very pretty and classic in appearance, with the property featuring white picket fences and a lake. The wide steps leading to the timber double doors provide a grand entrance to the building.

The venue has a capacity for over 300 guests. The following spaces are the indoor and outdoor options for weddings at the venue.

The majestic ballroom is wonderful for a reception of a fine meal and dancing. It features hardwood floors, neutral colored walls, classic white columns and a magnificent chandelier set into the center of the recessed ceiling. The layout of the ballroom has been carefully designed to also accommodate ceremonies in inclement weather. There is a picturesque window that is perfect for the ceremony backdrop.

The pretty gazebo of white lattice and greenery is connected to a covered pavilion. It is ideal for the ceremony and is particularly pretty when lit up with fairy-lights in the evening. While the gazebo and pavilion are covered, they are open at the sides. The pavilion is all white and also has ceiling fans for guest comfort.

A ceremony package at Forrest Grove Plantation includes an in-house wedding coordinator, one-hour rehearsal, arrival one and a half hours prior to the ceremony and white chairs for outdoor ceremonies. A deposit is required to secure the date, which is then applied to the balance due.

A reception package includes use of the venue for three hours, setup and cleanup, full service staff, an unlimited buffet, professional cake service, serving knives and champagne flutes and floral arrangements for all tables. There is an additional hourly charge for use of the venue for more than three hours.

There are two set menus to choose from. Soft drinks and coffee are included at no additional charge. Assorted fresh fruits and vegetables with dips are also included. Menu One includes a choice of one entree, choice of two meats for the carved meat station, choice of two cold hors d'eouvres, choice of two specialty items and a choice of two hot hors d'eouvres. Menu Two includes a choice of one entree, all three meats available for the carved meat station, choice of two cold hors d'eouvres, choice of three specialty items and choice of two hot hors d'eouvres.

Forrest Grove Plantation is proud of the Louisiana cuisine they offer and this is reflected in the menu specialty items. They include, but are not limited to:

• Stuffed Mushrooms
  • Buffalo Wings
  • Mini Crawfish Pies
  • Mini Cheese Quesadilla
  • Crabmeat Mornay with Pastry Shell

Beverage options are additional to the menus and offer unlimited punch, beer and wine, an open bar, a champagne fountain and a cash bar set-up. A chocolate fountain can be provided for an additional fee.

Forrest Grove Plantation focus on the celebratory aspects of weddings and make the day as special as possible from start to finish. The special touches within the wedding packages include:

• Exclusive use of bridal room
  • Complimentary bottle of champagne for the toast
  • 'To-go' package for bride and groom, including a bottle of champagne
  • Packaging of leftovers

An Elegant Event Facility

Forrest Grove Plantation, located in Denham Springs, is an elegant event facility with exquisite decor and beautifully landscaped grounds. Your guests will dine on delicious Louisiana cuisine. We are dedicated to making your wedding day an event to remember. Rely on us for your extraordinary wedding.

• Outdoor - Covered

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom, Garden

8743 Stephenson Drive, Denham Springs, LA (225) 665-4080

Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Ashley R

Forrest Grove and their staff went above and beyond to make our wedding beautiful. The food was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. They even through in some extra touches for us that we were not expecting. They made our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

Forest Grove gave my daughter her dream reception, so elegant and beautiful .A dream come true, everything and everyone was perfect. I WOULDN'T HAVE USED ANYONE ELSE! brides mom Camilla Anderson

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Celeste M

We could not be happier that we chose Forrest Grove for our ceremony and reception. Diane and Shelly were so helpful and friendly in helping us prepare for the wedding and Heather did an amazing job coordinating everything the day of the wedding! The whole experience was... Read More completely stress free! The food was excellent. We have received many compliments on the food as well as the facility.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Sarah H

They were absolutely incredible! The planning process was easy, they helped us every step of the way, and answered all of our questions. The price was great and it included the use their decorations, their incredible food, and their super helpful day-of coordinator. They sent... Read More my husband and I away with a giant bag of food to eat as well as all of the leftover food and cake packaged and ready to load into my parents' car. Overall, the perfect relaxing experience that I wanted for my wedding! They were amazing!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Kristen E

The venue is beautiful! It made for a very elegant outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Many people commented about how beautiful the wedding was. Our wedding coordinator, Heather, was awesome! We loved her; she was so helpful and sweet! We were grateful that the FG staff... Read More allowed us to come the morning of the wedding (which was on a Friday) to put some of our stuff out. Depending on how nice you want the ceremony to be, you may want to bring your own chair covers for the outdoor chairs, as they are not provided. The chairs they have aren't bad, but chair covers dress them up and make them look much nicer. FG provides beautiful centerpieces for the tables at the reception, and they will let you choose which ones you do/don't want to include. The food was great, too. The reception area has plenty of room, so it's big enough to have tables and chairs for all guests, a dance floor, a DJ setup, a cake table, etc. it was important to me to have room for everyone to sit and eat, so that was a huge plus! I only have a couple complaints. In our initial consultation, we were told that full clean-up was included, and that we could pick up our things, which would be boxed up, at a later date. However, right after the reception, my parents were told that they had to clean up all our stuff, so they were stuck picking up everything that night, along with the kind guests who volunteered to help last minute. Had we known we had to pick up ourselves, we would have been more prepared. Also, the landscaping out front (by the pond, not in the ceremony area) is not maintained and currently looks pretty bad. We wanted a few photos in front of the beautiful fountain/pond, so the photographer carefully placed us in an area where the ugly landscaping (or lack thereof) wouldn't be seen in the photos. Despite this, it still ended up being a beautiful wedding, and Heather made the wedding day as stress-free as possible, helping wherever and whenever needed. We are happy overall with the venue!

2017-06-19T13:15:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for wonderful comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your day! We are truly sorry if there was any confusion on the end of the night timeline. We always have the family get any of their own items that night, as we set up... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Heather M

Unfortunately, the only regret I have about my wedding was the venue. The coordinater was no where to be found at my reception. My photographer had to help me through most of the reception such as cake cutting, signing the certificate, getting everyone outside for the walk out... Read More to the limo, and much more. Because of this the flow was clunky and appeared sloppy. This made my reception so unnecessarily stressful for me. Im not the type to give bad reviews but I've given it a lot of thought and just don't want another bride to have to deal with that on their big day without prior knowledge this may be a weak point going in so the bride can make arrangements for like a relative to pick up the slack if the cordinater disappears. Other than that the food was great and the venue was beautiful.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Kendyl K

Forrest grove plantation was amazing! Everything turned out how I envisioned and the staff was there to make sure everything went smoothly.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Holly S

We had our ceremony and reception at Forrest Grove Plantation on April 20, 2013 and it couldnt have turned out any better. Throughout the whole wedding planning process they were there to answer any and all questions we had. The staff are very friendly, courteous, and... Read More professional. The food was amazing! The location was perfect for our evening wedding!!! We get compliments on the food everyday!!! Thank you ladies for all of your help and hard work it is much appreciated!!!

Perfect Venue for a South Louisiana Wedding

Reviewed on 11/11/2012 Christine H

We were married here October 7, 2012. Mrs. Diane and Shelly were great to work with. They were quick to answer any questions that I had during the planning process. We were married outside and had the reception inside. I did like the option that we could have moved the... Read More wedding indoors if needed. The venue is fully decorated in neutral colors. We were able to use their centerpieces which allowed for us to save some money. We did add on the chair covers with the colored sashes to tie in our wedding colors. Mrs. Cindy was at our rehearsal and wedding. We had our rehearsal the night before the wedding. Mrs. Cindy listened to everything that we wanted and worked to make everything happen. Our wedding was wonderful. Our guests thought everything was beautiful and the food was excellent. We still receive compliments from our friends and family.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Lindsay S

Could not imagine my wedding anywhere else! It was beyond perfect. The staff was more than friendly and helpful. They orgainzed everything and at the end of the night they had everything loaded up in our vehicles and ready to go! Didn't have to worry about a thing and spent my... Read More time at the reception enjoying the night!

A Dream to Work With

Reviewed on 4/24/2012 Alana L

I did not have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. They let us go in and decorate early & answered all of my questions quickly. I was 100% satisfied.

So Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 3/27/2012 Jackie L

The venue was absolutely gorgeous and the staff was so accomodating to our special requests in decor! I loved the experience and would definitely have another event here!! My only gripe is that the staff did not have the bottle of champagne poured for the cake cutting. We had... Read More to stand around and waste about 15 minutes just waiting for the glasses to finish pouring. Also, they mentioned that we would have 2 carving stations but turned out to only be cold sandwich meat on trays. This was upsetting.

Wedding was amazing

Reviewed on 11/18/2011 Tonya C

Forrest Grove took care of all of the details and our wedding was amazing and stress free!! I would reccomend Forrest Grove to a small group of 100 to 200. The dance floor is large and the place is so beautiful!

Meet The Manager

Shelley Fontenot

Shelley has been with us since we opened in 2001, but full-time in a wedding coordinator/management role since 2005. She enjoys working with our brides to make sure their visions become realities. Her favorite part of a wedding is getting a big hug and thank you from the happy couple at the end of the night!