They're your moments.....

We offer couples experience, creativity, and realism through our photojournalistic approach to wedding photography. Allow me to tell your wedding story through photographs.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Day After Session, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Portland | Eugene | Seattle (503) 550-0712
WEBSITE TWITTER

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Anna N

We loved working with Brandon! Both for our engagement pictures, and on the wedding day, he was such a pro! He wrangled our disorganized families to take formal portraits without breaking a sweat. But where he really shined was capturing moments of pure joy and genuine emotion.... Read More One of my very few regrets of my wedding day is not paying for extra time with Brandon so that he could have captured even more of our day. I hope I get a chance to work with him again. If I could, I would pay him to just follow me around and instagram my life.

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Micaela R

Brandon was so easy to work with on our big day and managed our lively families very well! In the end, he took so many beautiful photos that were exactly what we asked for- and we got them well within 10 days of the wedding. Exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Lindsey V

Brandon was our photographer for our 12/19/5 wedding. We ABSOLUTELY loved working with him. He took all the pictures off of my photo wish list and even was very easy going and fun to work with. He did a great job at organizing our large family for photos and the photos looked... Read More great. I'm so excited to be working with Brandon again Summer 2016 for another photoshoot! We highly recommend Fotovitae for you wedding if you want someone who is easy to work with, affordable (We payed about 1,400), and takes breath taking pictures. Thank you Brandon!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Charity D

We were so lucky to have found Brandon! He is not only a phenomenal photographer but a very kind, patient person. Brandon was able to corral our big, crazy family. He was able to handle all the personalities,requests,and (at times) unsolicited advice. Lol! He got every shot... Read More that I could have ever wanted. And all the photos were beautiful! I had access to my photos within just a few days. Thank you, Brandon, for being part of our special day...and being one of best vendors we have encountered!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Rachel A

We booked Brandon for our 2018 wedding and working with him thus far has been amazing! His photos are absolutely beautiful, you can tell he knows what he is doing and is passionate about it. Our engagement are to die for - - We love them so much! We are so thrilled with our... Read More decision to work with Brandon and can’t wait to see how our wedding photos turn out!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Gee A

I love Foto Vitae! I was so impressed with Brandon’s eye when it came to lighting and helping us with our poses. I had a vision for our engagement and wedding photos and it far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Foto Vitae, not only for Brandon’s skill in photography,... Read More but he’s also very pleasant to work with which is exactly what you need on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Megan F

Brandon of FotoVitae was nothing less than amazing! He captured our destination wedding perfectly and efficiently considering we were working against the clock trying to get every shot done between the ceremony and the sun setting. The images he was able to capture (even with my... Read More 3 boys) were breathtaking and also very natural. Brandon is professional, friendly and a great photographer. You won’t regret hiring him!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Tiffany P

My Wife and I were very impressed with the quality photos taken by Brandon. He carefully managed to capture many precious moments and details of our special day. He interacted well with our guests and coordinated the group portraits nicely. His experience showed by the way the... Read More photos turned out with great colors even under varying light conditions. For example, it rained during our ceremony's and the photos turned out amazing! I would say Brandon's photography of our wedding exceeded our expectations and we are glad to have chosen his services.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Melissa R

Brandon was great to work with! Not only were our photos beautiful, but he was very professional and easy to communicate with. For instance, he responded quickly to our emails, was able to schedule the shoot quickly, and did a fantastic job directing us in the photos. We highly... Read More recommend Brandon!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Briana M

We had the best time working with Brandon! He communicated well and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We had a great time on our engagement photo shoot and he even laid in the snow to take our photo! Our wedding photos turned out beautiful and we loved that we got... Read More so many photos. We just got back from our honeymoon and our photos are already edited and waiting for us which is awesome! He was so efficient at the wedding with taking all the family photos which we liked so we didn't miss a lot of the cocktail hour. Overall it was so worth it to work with Brandon!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Savannah B

We loved having Brandon with us on our wedding day! He was so flexible with our wedding and knew everyone's name! Overall the shots we got were great and we would gladly hire him again!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Amber R

I spent hours researching wedding photographers in the PDX area. Brandon's portfolio was by far the best I found. He has an amazing artistic eye and went above and beyond to get spectacular photos. We now have hundreds of photos to remember our special day by (way more than I... Read More expected).

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Jade A

Brandon was absolutely amazing to work with before, during, and after our wedding! He was always quick to respond to emails with questions/ideas during the planning process, and on the day of the wedding he was so easy to work with. I had been so nervous to get pictures taken,... Read More and he was so comforting, gave great direction, and knew how to find all the best locations regarding light/aesthetics! During the ceremony and reception, he was great about being everywhere without being intrusive--getting all the best candid shots! Not only was he personally wonderful, his photos turned out so breathtakingly beautiful. We will cherish them forever.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Max M

Brandon was our photographer for our wedding and we couldn't have been more impressed. His style was exactly what we were looking for and resulted in beautiful, natural photos of us and our guests. Beyond his technical expertise, he was excellent as managing the countless large... Read More group photos of friends and family. He was direct, clear, and kind in these interactions and we couldn't have been happier with his professionalism. If you are looking for a photographer, FotoVitae is your guy.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Jesse M

Brandon was our wedding photographer, as well as our engagement shoot photographer. After our initial shoot with Brandon, we were so excited. Brandon was so professional, giving us specific instructions when we were unsure in front of the camera. Every one of the photos turned... Read More out so lovely. During our wedding day, we barely noticed him, yet, he captured more moments than I even thought possible. We are so thankful for all Brandon did to capture our special day in such a long-lasting way. We got so many compliments on his professionality as well as the amazing photographs he produced. I was also impressed with how quickly he edited them and had them ready after the wedding. I absolutely recommend working with Brandon. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Alyssa M

Brandon was so great! We were planning an out of town wedding in Portland, OR from Phoenix, AZ and Brandon was easy to work with and always in contact. On the day of our wedding, Brandon did all the right things. He captured the perfect moments so comfortably. Besides his... Read More incredible professionalism and amazing quality of work, what impressed me most about Brandon was that he took the time to learn the names of our bridal party and our large families. While we took pictures, he was addressing people by their names, which made it feel like we had already known him and that he was just a very talent guest at our wedding. I would give Brandon the highest recommendation for a photographer. Also, he is just an all around stand up guy!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

We are beyond thrilled that Brandon was our wedding photographer. When searching for our match, we were struck by the photojournalist perspective, the real faces and expressions, the awesome lighting, and the very natural feel to his pictures. When we heard back, we were even... Read More happier that his rates fit in our budget - we were sold. Brandon was a pure joy to have at the wedding - super professional, very friendly and great with our families and friends. To be honest, once we finished the posed pictures (first look, family and group pics, portraits), I barely saw him at the event, he was a super subtle presence. So when we got the pictures, I was blown away - he managed to capture everything and so beautifully. We didn't have many specific requests, but he complied with each one - and took the initiative to get great shots of things we hadn't thought about (I said I didn't need getting ready pics... so happy I have those now!!). We keep referring to him as a ninja or wildlife photographer - he managed to be everywhere and get great shots of everyone, whether it's romantic first look pics, moving ceremony pics that take us right back to our vows, or rowdy dance floor action. We are so thrilled that we had the fortune of having Brandon's pictures as stunning illustrations of our forever memories of that day. If you aren't a natural in front of the camera (we were decidedly not), the engagement shoot is a great tool to have a chance to work with Brandon before the big day, get used to being papped and directly and also get some sweet shots where you aren't wearing a white dress - totally worth it.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Jen G

I am so happy that we chose Brandon to capture our wedding day in Portland. He was amazing! My husband and I just looked through our gallery and it brought back the joy and love we felt on our special day. Brandon captured all of the happiness and I am so happy we have so many... Read More wonderful photos to keep for the decades to come. Thanks, Brandon!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 [email protected]

Brandon was a terrific photographer! He was responsive and helpful, and really captured some beautiful moments. So glad he was our wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Natalie K

Brandon did a fantastic job at making my wife and I feel at ease during picture time. He skillfully captured special moments of hilarity, tenderness, and love. I loved his versatility in terms of capturing both really down to earth moments between folks, and really intricate... Read More beautiful shots of the venue, wedding party, and our venue. Brandon's the best.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Maria M

I could not have been more thrilled with the photography services by FotoVitae. Brandon, the photographer, did engagement photos and wedding photos for us. The engagement photos were included in our package and were a great opportunity to get a sneak peak of the lovely... Read More photographs Brandon takes. He took those photos at Sauvie Island and the pictures were beautiful and creative. Before the wedding, Brandon's professionalism and excellent communication skills made us feel very comfortable that he knew what we hoped to have captured on film for the big day. It seemed like Brandon was magically everywhere on our wedding day- capturing special moments at all the right times. Brandon got all of the shots that we were hoping for and more. Additionally, FotoVitae photography services were an excellent value and we received our photographs less than a week after the wedding. Without reservation, I would recommend FotoVitae photography services for those in search of a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 LM L

Brandon did a wonderful job. He kept up with our high energy families and captured beautiful pictures of our day. We didn't hire a videographer but since Brandon was a photojournalist he was able to capture all of our special moments in photos just as a video would have. We are... Read More looking forward to seeing him and his work at our friends upcoming wedding next summer.

Just what we asked for!

Reviewed on 11/21/2015

We found Brandon after googling affordable wedding photographers. We wanted great pictures, but we didn't want to break the bank. We also wanted a quick turn around and to do the work of editing, printing, and distributing ourselves. Brandon was the perfect fit. Within a... Read More week after our wedding, he had approximately 900 photos on CDs in the mail for us. We were looking for someone who would be discrete, catching photos without anyone really noticing, especially during the ceremony. He did just that. We loved the portraits we received and the candid shots of all of our guests. We told him to focus less on the details and more on the people and he did just this. We wanted to spend most of our time with our guests and not taking posed pictures, and he listened to this request and did not force any agenda onto our day. We were glad to have found him. He was easy to work with and just what we needed for our low key wedding weekend.

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Kimberly D

Brandon was so amazing! I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs a photographer for any occasion! we used him for our wedding and he did an awesome job! At first I was worried about only having one photographer but his prices were great and couldn't be beat... Read More so we decided one would do. When we got his pictures they were more then we had hoped for. Somehow he managed to make it look like we had two or three photographers we had so many pictures taken from all different angles throughout the whole wedding, I don't know how he did it. And on top of being a great photographer he was the sweetest most down to earth guy! He really set the positive mood for the vendors which was just what we needed because our videographer was an a**hole but Brandon's great attitude rubbed off on him and he followed Brandon's lead. Overall great photos and a great guy to work with!

5 stars!! If not more!

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Ingrid A

Brandon Schmidt did an outstanding job as my wedding photographer! And he flew across the country to PA (from Portland, OR) to capture "my" day. Every photograph (100's) is superb, high def, color, and black and white. Expressions, emotions, laughter, tears...he captured it all.... Read More He stood, crawled, ran, and jumped to get the right picture. He even lost his cell phone in the grass to get the exact photo.

Brandon Schmidt

I'm not only an award-winning wedding photographer, I'm also a husband and father of three living in beautiful Portland, Oregon. When I'm not photographing clients, you will find me hiking through Forest Park, camping in one of America's national parks, or remodeling our home in the hills of NW Portland. Before I started FotoVitae in 2006, I studied entrepreneurship at The University of Oregon and photography at The School of Photo in Johannesburg, South Africa. Today I photograph over 30 weddings each year and truly love what I do.