Fred Astaire Franchised Dance Studios

Be the fairy-tale couple

2172 Franklin Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI

Intense training, Great results

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Amanda

We used the "Summer Special" for this dance studio because even though it was a little bit of a drive for us (from Dearborn Heights) they had the most value for the least cost. We also waited until the last minute to schedule our dance lessons and they were wonderful at working... Read More with us within our two-week timeline. They focused mostly on learning some basic steps and getting comfortable moving on the dance floor. We were able to choreograph our own simple routine and really wowed our quests with our surprise dance! To really get the most out of the summer special, you are there 5 nights a week for group lessons and practice parties plus your 3 lessons over the two weeks. we would love to continue but the drive is too much and the regular lesson cost is much more than the summer special.

Choreographed our first dance

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Madhuri G

Best decision. We worked with Donald, who was always enthusiastic and friendly and always made us feel accomplished. We had a song in mind, and Donald edited it down for our particular dance and did a great job in choreographing it in a personal and fun way.

Great experience, but a little pricey

Reviewed on 5/03/2012 Whitney L

I loved the ambience and the staff at this dance studio. I got a Groupon for a beginner course, and my first pleasant surprise was that it was good for both my fiance and myself. The first few times, we felt a little out of place, but I loved the staff, most of whom made us feel... Read More like we were among friends and eased the tension. The owners are friendly, and actively involved in the lessons and day-to-day operations of their studio, which I admire. They reached out to us individually to explain the methods they use, as we were new and a little unsure, and I appreciated that. Even the other students introduced themselves and brought us into their social circle, I felt. The only part that killed us was the price. I loved learning to dance, and my fiance even enjoyed it. I wish we could have continued, but it seems like such an expensive activity. They do offer payment plans, but my fiance and I were agreed that we didn't want to start our new life in debt. I could have afforded more lessons, but we also agreed that it was more of a priority to save the money at that time. They did pressure us a bit to continue, which always makes me uncomfortable, and after we said we were quitting, our teacher no longer acknowledged us with a smile or a hug... she pretty much ignored us. I did love that for each week you have a private lesson, you get to attend all group classes, but I have a feeling we wouldn't have kept up with them, since we'd be running almost every night.

dance lessons

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 Rachael D

We bought a groupon for Fred Astaire for 2 lessons and then purchased a wedding package. At first, they paid us a lot of attention and it seemed like we would learn a lot. However, a few classes in, we noticed a big difference. The instructor needed to reschedule a few times, we... Read More found out that only half of the song would be choreographed, and we never received the DVD as part of our package. In addition, we felt a lot of pressure to purchase additional lessons. We used the three basic steps we learned from our Groupon class for our first dance at the wedding. In my opinion, that is all we needed. I regret purchasing additional lessons.

2011-10-18T19:20:16 Response from Lada, the member

Dear Bride, I would like to extend to you my sincerest apology. I’m sorry that you had a negative experience with us, and and I wish you would have approached me about it sooner so we could fix it right away. Rest assured, if we... Read Less Read More