Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

309 Webster, MONTEREY, CA

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Carol V

Thank you Freedom Bakery & Confections for creating the most amazing wedding and grooms cake for us this past weekend! Both cakes were beautiful and delicious. We got many compliments on the taste and look of each cake. Thank you for the wonderful job! Carol and Mike

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Quinn L

Freedom Bakery was the best! They were easy to work with, competitively priced and by far the best cake we tried in Santa Cruz. Our guests were raving about our cake. I would definitely recommend Freedom Bakery.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Caroline H

Paul and his team at Freedom Bakery are amazing! They made our cutting cake and wonderful dessert bar for our wedding at the Monterey Plaza hotel this summer. Everything was delicious and so beautiful. I was worried about there being too much, but my guests devoured it all!... Read More Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ross W

We LOVED our cake from FB&C!! With all of the other stressful details that come with planning a wedding, this is one area that I did not have to worry about. Once we made our arrangements with this company, I never had to look back. Paul was very easy to get in touch with... Read More and make an appointment for tastings. We chose the Mango Mousse filling for our cake. We purposely did not reveal the flavor of our cake out cake until after it was consumed by our guests. We did this because many people already have predetermined whether they like mango or not. Many of our guests who admitted that they do not like mango, stated that the cake was really good! Thank you FB&C for making this part of my wedding stress-free and delicious!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Ye Y

Paul and his crew were fantastic! We got exactly what he had promised with our wedding cake. It came on time and without issue. We would highly recommend Paul and Freedom Bakery to anyone in the area.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Freedom bakery does excellent work with wedding cakes and makes the deliveries when promised. We were satisfied with the help to design the cake and the taste of the cake.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

We were really happy with the cake Freedom Bakery and Confections made for us. Paul, Anna, and staff responded promptly to our emails as we worked out the details of our cake. Everyone was professional and friendly. In choosing the cake flavors, the tasting took place in a... Read More separate room with a relaxed and unhurried atmosphere. Anna and Paul were very helpful with the design of our cake. MOST IMPORTANTLY the cake was DELICIOUS and FABULOUS! A large number of guests were exclaiming over how delicious and good the cake was.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Mark S

The whole experience was truly fun, stress free, and easy. Both Anna and Paul do amazing cakes. We could not have been happier with them as our choice. We looked at, and tasted at several places, and found them almost at last minute. It was without a doubt the best.

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Lauren C

Freedom Bakery did an OUTSTANDING job on our wedding cake. Not only was it beautiful, it was the most delicious wedding cake we've ever tasted. As the bride, I didn't have a chance to have a piece the night of the wedding. After hearing from our guests how tasty it was, my... Read More husband and I sat down the next day and devoured a giant slice. I miss that cake, and cannot recommend Freedom Bakery highly enough (customer service was outstanding, as well). Cannot wait to use them for my next wedding (just kidding! But I'd use them for another party in a heartbeat).

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Corrie P

Freedom Bakery did our wedding cake, an ice cream groom's cake, and a beautiful dessert bar at Gardener Ranch. Paul was so easy to work with. He really listened to what we wanted, which was not yet that specific, and offered great suggestions to make our ideas into exactly what... Read More we wanted and within budget. Everything turned out beautifully (and delicious) and we received many compliments from our guests. I even managed to eat two pieces of our wedding cake, and my husband LOVED his special groom's cake! We could not have been happier with Freedom Bakery and would recommend them hands down.

Freedom Bakery should be a part of your next event!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Shawna B

We visited 4 bakeries for our wedding cake and desserts. In my opinion, no other bakery came close to providing what Paul at Freedom Bakery did. The "Can do!" attitude was so refreshing. Paul made a custom filling for 2 tiers of our cake in addition to other custom desserts.... Read More Everything was wonderful, fresh, delicious, and beautiful! The quality and service is unsurpassed. Paul pays attention to every detail, not only with the flavor and quality, but from the details and design to placement and photo ops, and his prices are very reasonable. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Extremely Happy Bride and guests!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Kelsie H

I am kind of a last minute person and that just doens't fly when you're planning a wedding. When I was unsure/undecided on details, Nina kept me on track and made very helpful suggestions and is also a great listener! Our venue was a private residence with a barn reception- so I... Read More wanted to keep the design simple yet elegant. The cake added to the decor and ambiance of the room. It was hard to decide a flavor because all of the samples taste so good. My husband and I agreed upon the lemon and raspberry cake. Not only were we super happy with the way our wedding cake turned out, many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they've tasted! Thank you Freedom Bakery!!

This is the best, most delicious wedding cake ever!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Emma G

We loved everything about working with Freedom Bakery & Confections for our wedding: - We taste tested several cakes from various bakeries in the area and this won out by far! - Our guests also thought the cake was incredibly delicious and moist, with the exact balance of... Read More cake & frosting and just enough sweetness. - The cake still tasted JUST AS GOOD after 8 hours of driving back to LA, and in the few days after when we brought leftovers to work. - They were professional, prompt and courteous in all interactions, both in person and via email (which is not always the case with wedding vendors). - They were able to accommodate and match all our wishes for how the cake should look. - The cake was delivered on time, with no snags or hitches whatsoever. Something you will definitely appreciate as a bride on the big day! - When we asked our caterer for recommended wedding cake bakeries in the area, she said this was the best, which says a lot since she's got tons more experience than us in this area and has ongoing relationships with all the local bakeries. Just stop looking, this is hands down the best wedding cake bakery in the area!

Cookies and Cream

Reviewed on 12/09/2015

Best cake ever!! All my guests said this was the best flavor wedding cake they have ever had. Great team to work with very friendly and easy to communicate with.

Beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Freedom bakery did a wonderful job with our cake - they were one of our favorite vendors to work with. Paul was thoughtful and thorough with everything he did. A lot of weddings I have been to have beautiful cakes but often taste bland and dry. Paul's cakes are delicious - he... Read More has an assortment of flavors to choose from - we went with 2 flavors - the pistachio lemon and the raspberry filling. All of our guests were very impressed with the presentation and the taste (very moist). We wanted something a bit non-traditional - we had individual Swedish princess cakes (dome cakes with marzipan on the outside - I highly recommend) instead of one large wedding cake. Paul has mainly worked with fondant (as most places do these days), but was happy to try out our ideas and give us a second personalized taste session months ahead of time that catered to the specifics of what we wanted. Freedom bakery set it up beautifully and coordinated with our florist (to decorate the cake table) and hotel to make sure the delivery and setup went smoothly. Paul is a true professional and you can tell he is really passionate about what he does. We will be providing photos once we receive them from our photographer. Thank you!

Great Bakery!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Katelyn W

We hired Freedom Bakery to make 250 cupcakes and a cake topper for our wedding this last September, and could not have been more pleased! Right from the start, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The cupcakes were delicious, and so moist! Best cupcakes I've ever had!... Read More Not only did they taste great, but they were also beautiful, and the staff did a great job arrainging them at the venue. We will definitely be referring our friends and family to them for any of their events. We look forward to hiring them again in the future!

Delicious and great to work with

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jennifer J

Freedom bakery is a pleasure to work with. They are very responsive to their emails and were very friendly. the Cake was delicious and they are able to come up with flavor others than basic chocolate or vanilla. We choose cookies and cream and a chocolate moose but other options... Read More were Boston cream or pistachio. I gave them a picture from pint-erst and they were able to come up with the exact design. Our guest even commented hope delicious the cake was. Great company to work with and would definitely work with them again.

Delicious, Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

I heard of Freedom Bakery through a list of vendors by wedding site coordinator gave me. They were very reasonably priced and the reviews they got for the quality of their wedding cakes was excellent. We made the right choice because we got exactly what we wanted for our cake.... Read More The cake was fresh and moist. It was so delicious! My wedding guests raved about it and I cannot wait to taste in again in one year as we saved the top layer. Kudos to Paul and his team. They were also very easy to work with and responded to my emails in a promptly matter. You will not regret choosing F&B. the price was right and the was amazing!!

Elegant, delicious wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We are so grateful to Freedom Bakery for such a beautiful wedding cake! We and all of our guests loved it! It was exactly the cake we dreamed of, both in design and taste! We found a picture online we loved, and Freedom Bakery re-created it perfectly. The cake was moist and the... Read More frosting delicious. We can't wait to enjoy our cake topper next year!

Service & Taste #1

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Susan B

From the tasting and cake design appointment to email correspondence, I give Anna, Paul and the team 5 stars! I had a vision of the design and Paul hit it out of the park, perfection! We tasted 9 pieces of cake and settled on 2 cakes, the Lemon Raspberry & Chocolate... Read More Ganache/mousse OMG! My foodie and baker crowd all commented on how delicious the cake was with one foodie friend confessing to eating 3 pieces! My groom and I drooled over the left overs for two days following the wedding. If you want great customer service coupled with the best, most beautifully decorated cake, call Freedom Bakery!

Delicious, Beautiful Cake and Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Kristen E

Freedom Bakery provided an absolutely delicious cake and cupcake bar for our wedding. The wedding cake was a hazelnut ganache and my mouth still waters thinking about it -- so tasty! We wanted a simple design and had our florist decorate the cake and cupcake bar with... Read More succulents and flowers, the whole display was beautiful and everything I envisioned! We would definitely recommend Freedom for any of your dessert needs!

Freedom Bakery and Confections- the best there is!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

I LOVED working with Freedom Bakery for my wedding cake, and couldn't be more happy with my experience. They were very easy to work with, and accommodating. Everything from tastings, to payment, to delivery, to execution and taste was perfect. I emailed them pictures of what I... Read More wanted the cake to look like, and they double checked with me, and then executed it perfectly. It was exactly what I was hoping for. We ordered The Santa Cruz (white cake with a mango mousse) with buttercream icing. It was probably the last thing I would have expected to choose, and yet it was totally delicious and our favorite option. At the wedding, all of our guests loved it. It was moist, soft, not too sweet, and very refreshing. The icing was creamy and delicious, and I normally dislike icing because of its hard or grainy consistency. In terms of price, I was blown away by how affordable it was, especially considering the high quality of the product! I recommend this bakery to no end! LOVED IT!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Amber C

We wanted cakes that were fun and out of the ordinary on top of being yummy, and that was exactly what we got. Paul made two cakes for my wedding and all our guests raved about how delicious and cool-looking everything was. I definitely recommend Freedom Bakery & Confections.

WEDDING CAKE

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

I loved my wedding cake. everything about it was just so amazing. I didn't want to share lol

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 7/25/2015 Liza

Freedom was a pleasure to work with. They were very responsive and were willing to work with us to incorporate our unique cake toppers and create the cake that we wanted. The cake looked beautiful, and our guests devoured it! We wish we had ordered more of it!

Paul Liu

My family has owned Freedom Bakery & Confections since 1975, and I'm proud to be the only person to have held every job in our shop...dish washing duties included :-) I worked as a CPA for a few years after college. While wearing a suit, I continued to help on weekends at the shop because it was fun. I returned full time in 2003 and got married in 2004. My awesome wife, Anna, and I now run the shop. We continue to focus on creating cakes & desserts that offer a perfect blend of presentation & taste. Congrats on your engagement and we look forward to being a part of your special day!

Start a Conversation!