Quality Design, Taste & Service !

Founded in 1975, Freedom Bakery & Confections is a 2nd generation owned and operated cake specialty shop. From the classic to the modern, we're here to help you create the cake of your dreams. Cupcakes and dessert bars also available. Tastings available in Monterey & Watsonville.

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

309 Webster, MONTEREY, CA (831) 722-5223

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Lindsay Y

I really enjoyed the cake tasting experience with Freedom Bakery! Paul and his team were very fun to work with. They did an amazing job with my wedding cake. It looked just how I envisioned it and it tasted amazing! My guests loved the black and white cake we chose with... Read More Raspberry Preserve with Amaretto mousse filling and buttercream frosting!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Lindsay Y

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Kristin S

My husband and I both love Paul! He provided a cake and dessert bar for our March 11 wedding at Holman Ranch. He spent over an hour with us in our consultation, letting us taste all of his yummy treats and giving us excellent and thorough advice. He is really passionate about... Read More cake and desserts and has a ton of knowledge. He is also super friendly and not at all pushy. We thought it was really cool that he asked us what flavors we liked and made up a new dessert shot incorporating the coffee flavor we both love. He also has unique options for cake filling--we went with cookies and cream and loved it! All of our guests were raving about how delicious everything was. In addition, Paul was really quick responding to any questions we had and he has a convenient online payment system. He worked really well with our caterer and her staff to keep the dessert bar replenished throughout the entire event. We highly recommend him to anyone for any event!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Linda E

Had an amazing experience with Freedom Bakery! Our guests raved about our cake, it was so delicious and beautiful. Paul was a pleasure to work with and so accommodating. My husband and I are so happy we went with Freedom Bakery for our wedding cake. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Elie D

Freedom bakery was great to work with - one of the easiest and fastest decision and process in our wedding planning! I loved that they had everything online so we could view prices and options ahead of time. Scheduling was a breeze, cake tasting was, of course, fun, and we got... Read More a ton of compliments on our cake! (White cake with mango mousse filling). Just as Paul described to us when we met with him, they do a perfect balance of filling to cake to icing so nothing is too overwhelming. Deliver and all went perfectly and there were no issues along the way. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Celisse D

Freedom Bakery did an amazing job for our wedding at Monterey Tides Resort. They were able to get creative and share a similar vision as me and my husband. Very happy with the end result and recommend them to anyone looking for a fantastic cake in the Monterey area for any... Read More occasion.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Mariela K

Paul and his team were amazing to work with. When no other Bakery would attempt our design he took on the challenge and created our dream cake. Him and Nina did it all for us they even made sure we got a custom topper that we were able to keep! The design was exactly what we... Read More wanted and the cake was absolutely DELICIOUS everyone loved it including my husband and I.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Tania R

We absolutely loved our wedding cake it was not only beautiful but also delicious. We will be ordering from them in the future.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Carol V

Since the very beginning Paul and his staff at Freedom Bakery were professional and easy to work with. My husband and I were from out of town but that never made it a problem. Freedom Bakery carried out our wedding cake vision perfectly! Our cake was exactly what we imagined it... Read More to be, and it was very tasty! We got many compliments on how beautiful and delicious it was.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Quinn L

Freedom Bakery was the best! They were easy to work with, competitively priced and by far the best cake we tried in Santa Cruz. Our guests were raving about our cake. I would definitely recommend Freedom Bakery.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Caroline H

Paul and his team at Freedom Bakery are amazing! They made our cutting cake and wonderful dessert bar for our wedding at the Monterey Plaza hotel this summer. Everything was delicious and so beautiful. I was worried about there being too much, but my guests devoured it all!... Read More Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ross W

We LOVED our cake from FB&C!! With all of the other stressful details that come with planning a wedding, this is one area that I did not have to worry about. Once we made our arrangements with this company, I never had to look back. Paul was very easy to get in touch with... Read More and make an appointment for tastings. We chose the Mango Mousse filling for our cake. We purposely did not reveal the flavor of our cake out cake until after it was consumed by our guests. We did this because many people already have predetermined whether they like mango or not. Many of our guests who admitted that they do not like mango, stated that the cake was really good! Thank you FB&C for making this part of my wedding stress-free and delicious!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Ye Y

Paul and his crew were fantastic! We got exactly what he had promised with our wedding cake. It came on time and without issue. We would highly recommend Paul and Freedom Bakery to anyone in the area.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Freedom bakery does excellent work with wedding cakes and makes the deliveries when promised. We were satisfied with the help to design the cake and the taste of the cake.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

We were really happy with the cake Freedom Bakery and Confections made for us. Paul, Anna, and staff responded promptly to our emails as we worked out the details of our cake. Everyone was professional and friendly. In choosing the cake flavors, the tasting took place in a... Read More separate room with a relaxed and unhurried atmosphere. Anna and Paul were very helpful with the design of our cake. MOST IMPORTANTLY the cake was DELICIOUS and FABULOUS! A large number of guests were exclaiming over how delicious and good the cake was.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Mark S

The whole experience was truly fun, stress free, and easy. Both Anna and Paul do amazing cakes. We could not have been happier with them as our choice. We looked at, and tasted at several places, and found them almost at last minute. It was without a doubt the best.

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Lauren C

Freedom Bakery did an OUTSTANDING job on our wedding cake. Not only was it beautiful, it was the most delicious wedding cake we've ever tasted. As the bride, I didn't have a chance to have a piece the night of the wedding. After hearing from our guests how tasty it was, my... Read More husband and I sat down the next day and devoured a giant slice. I miss that cake, and cannot recommend Freedom Bakery highly enough (customer service was outstanding, as well). Cannot wait to use them for my next wedding (just kidding! But I'd use them for another party in a heartbeat).

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Corrie P

Freedom Bakery did our wedding cake, an ice cream groom's cake, and a beautiful dessert bar at Gardener Ranch. Paul was so easy to work with. He really listened to what we wanted, which was not yet that specific, and offered great suggestions to make our ideas into exactly what... Read More we wanted and within budget. Everything turned out beautifully (and delicious) and we received many compliments from our guests. I even managed to eat two pieces of our wedding cake, and my husband LOVED his special groom's cake! We could not have been happier with Freedom Bakery and would recommend them hands down.

Freedom Bakery should be a part of your next event!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Shawna B

We visited 4 bakeries for our wedding cake and desserts. In my opinion, no other bakery came close to providing what Paul at Freedom Bakery did. The "Can do!" attitude was so refreshing. Paul made a custom filling for 2 tiers of our cake in addition to other custom desserts.... Read More Everything was wonderful, fresh, delicious, and beautiful! The quality and service is unsurpassed. Paul pays attention to every detail, not only with the flavor and quality, but from the details and design to placement and photo ops, and his prices are very reasonable. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Extremely Happy Bride and guests!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Kelsie H

I am kind of a last minute person and that just doens't fly when you're planning a wedding. When I was unsure/undecided on details, Nina kept me on track and made very helpful suggestions and is also a great listener! Our venue was a private residence with a barn reception- so I... Read More wanted to keep the design simple yet elegant. The cake added to the decor and ambiance of the room. It was hard to decide a flavor because all of the samples taste so good. My husband and I agreed upon the lemon and raspberry cake. Not only were we super happy with the way our wedding cake turned out, many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they've tasted! Thank you Freedom Bakery!!

This is the best, most delicious wedding cake ever!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Emma G

We loved everything about working with Freedom Bakery & Confections for our wedding: - We taste tested several cakes from various bakeries in the area and this won out by far! - Our guests also thought the cake was incredibly delicious and moist, with the exact balance of... Read More cake & frosting and just enough sweetness. - The cake still tasted JUST AS GOOD after 8 hours of driving back to LA, and in the few days after when we brought leftovers to work. - They were professional, prompt and courteous in all interactions, both in person and via email (which is not always the case with wedding vendors). - They were able to accommodate and match all our wishes for how the cake should look. - The cake was delivered on time, with no snags or hitches whatsoever. Something you will definitely appreciate as a bride on the big day! - When we asked our caterer for recommended wedding cake bakeries in the area, she said this was the best, which says a lot since she's got tons more experience than us in this area and has ongoing relationships with all the local bakeries. Just stop looking, this is hands down the best wedding cake bakery in the area!

Cookies and Cream

Reviewed on 12/09/2015

Best cake ever!! All my guests said this was the best flavor wedding cake they have ever had. Great team to work with very friendly and easy to communicate with.

Beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Freedom bakery did a wonderful job with our cake - they were one of our favorite vendors to work with. Paul was thoughtful and thorough with everything he did. A lot of weddings I have been to have beautiful cakes but often taste bland and dry. Paul's cakes are delicious - he... Read More has an assortment of flavors to choose from - we went with 2 flavors - the pistachio lemon and the raspberry filling. All of our guests were very impressed with the presentation and the taste (very moist). We wanted something a bit non-traditional - we had individual Swedish princess cakes (dome cakes with marzipan on the outside - I highly recommend) instead of one large wedding cake. Paul has mainly worked with fondant (as most places do these days), but was happy to try out our ideas and give us a second personalized taste session months ahead of time that catered to the specifics of what we wanted. Freedom bakery set it up beautifully and coordinated with our florist (to decorate the cake table) and hotel to make sure the delivery and setup went smoothly. Paul is a true professional and you can tell he is really passionate about what he does. We will be providing photos once we receive them from our photographer. Thank you!

Great Bakery!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Katelyn W

We hired Freedom Bakery to make 250 cupcakes and a cake topper for our wedding this last September, and could not have been more pleased! Right from the start, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The cupcakes were delicious, and so moist! Best cupcakes I've ever had!... Read More Not only did they taste great, but they were also beautiful, and the staff did a great job arrainging them at the venue. We will definitely be referring our friends and family to them for any of their events. We look forward to hiring them again in the future!

Delicious and great to work with

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jennifer J

Freedom bakery is a pleasure to work with. They are very responsive to their emails and were very friendly. the Cake was delicious and they are able to come up with flavor others than basic chocolate or vanilla. We choose cookies and cream and a chocolate moose but other options... Read More were Boston cream or pistachio. I gave them a picture from pint-erst and they were able to come up with the exact design. Our guest even commented hope delicious the cake was. Great company to work with and would definitely work with them again.

Paul Liu

My family has owned Freedom Bakery and Confections since 1975, and I am proud to be the only person to have held every job in our shop...dish washing duties included :-) I worked as a CPA for a few years after college. While wearing a suit, I continued to help on weekends at the shop because it was fun. I returned full time in 2003 and got married in 2004. My awesome wife, Anna, and I now run the shop. We continue to focus on creating cakes and desserts that offer a perfect blend of presentation and taste. Congrats on your engagement and we look forward to being a part of your special day