Quality Design, Taste & Service !

Founded in 1975, Freedom Bakery & Confections is a 2nd generation owned and operated cake specialty shop. From the classic to the modern, we're here to help you create the cake of your dreams. Cupcakes and dessert bars also available. Tastings available in Monterey & Watsonville.

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

309 Webster, MONTEREY, CA

Delicious and great to work with

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jennifer J

Freedom bakery is a pleasure to work with. They are very responsive to their emails and were very friendly. the Cake was delicious and they are able to come up with flavor others than basic chocolate or vanilla. We choose cookies and cream and a chocolate moose but other options... Read More were Boston cream or pistachio. I gave them a picture from pint-erst and they were able to come up with the exact design. Our guest even commented hope delicious the cake was. Great company to work with and would definitely work with them again.

Delicious, Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

I heard of Freedom Bakery through a list of vendors by wedding site coordinator gave me. They were very reasonably priced and the reviews they got for the quality of their wedding cakes was excellent. We made the right choice because we got exactly what we wanted for our cake.... Read More The cake was fresh and moist. It was so delicious! My wedding guests raved about it and I cannot wait to taste in again in one year as we saved the top layer. Kudos to Paul and his team. They were also very easy to work with and responded to my emails in a promptly matter. You will not regret choosing F&B. the price was right and the was amazing!!

Elegant, delicious wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We are so grateful to Freedom Bakery for such a beautiful wedding cake! We and all of our guests loved it! It was exactly the cake we dreamed of, both in design and taste! We found a picture online we loved, and Freedom Bakery re-created it perfectly. The cake was moist and the... Read More frosting delicious. We can't wait to enjoy our cake topper next year!

Service & Taste #1

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Susan B

From the tasting and cake design appointment to email correspondence, I give Anna, Paul and the team 5 stars! I had a vision of the design and Paul hit it out of the park, perfection! We tasted 9 pieces of cake and settled on 2 cakes, the Lemon Raspberry & Chocolate... Read More Ganache/mousse OMG! My foodie and baker crowd all commented on how delicious the cake was with one foodie friend confessing to eating 3 pieces! My groom and I drooled over the left overs for two days following the wedding. If you want great customer service coupled with the best, most beautifully decorated cake, call Freedom Bakery!

Delicious, Beautiful Cake and Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Kristen E

Freedom Bakery provided an absolutely delicious cake and cupcake bar for our wedding. The wedding cake was a hazelnut ganache and my mouth still waters thinking about it -- so tasty! We wanted a simple design and had our florist decorate the cake and cupcake bar with... Read More succulents and flowers, the whole display was beautiful and everything I envisioned! We would definitely recommend Freedom for any of your dessert needs!

Freedom Bakery and Confections- the best there is!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

I LOVED working with Freedom Bakery for my wedding cake, and couldn't be more happy with my experience. They were very easy to work with, and accommodating. Everything from tastings, to payment, to delivery, to execution and taste was perfect. I emailed them pictures of what I... Read More wanted the cake to look like, and they double checked with me, and then executed it perfectly. It was exactly what I was hoping for. We ordered The Santa Cruz (white cake with a mango mousse) with buttercream icing. It was probably the last thing I would have expected to choose, and yet it was totally delicious and our favorite option. At the wedding, all of our guests loved it. It was moist, soft, not too sweet, and very refreshing. The icing was creamy and delicious, and I normally dislike icing because of its hard or grainy consistency. In terms of price, I was blown away by how affordable it was, especially considering the high quality of the product! I recommend this bakery to no end! LOVED IT!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Amber C

We wanted cakes that were fun and out of the ordinary on top of being yummy, and that was exactly what we got. Paul made two cakes for my wedding and all our guests raved about how delicious and cool-looking everything was. I definitely recommend Freedom Bakery & Confections.

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

I loved my wedding cake. everything about it was just so amazing. I didn't want to share lol

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 7/25/2015 Liza

Freedom was a pleasure to work with. They were very responsive and were willing to work with us to incorporate our unique cake toppers and create the cake that we wanted. The cake looked beautiful, and our guests devoured it! We wish we had ordered more of it!

Beautiful and Delicious Wedding Cake from Freedom Bakery

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Alyssa B

Our cake from Freedom Bakery was amazing! We wanted something simple but classy and of course delicious. We got all of the above. Our cake tasting was very easy to schedule and fun to do. We got a three layer cake, no decorations or topper - we decorated with fresh flowers at... Read More the venue. We had alternating layers of chocolate and white cake with amaretto and raspberry preserve filling. It was absolutely delicious - moist, soft, great buttercream frosting, simple design with small frosting bulbs around the base of each layer. Freedom delivered the cake to our venue, we didn't have to worry about it at all. Thank you Freedom Bakery for making our day very special!

Finally, the wedding cake I wanted!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Katie G

After checking out multiple bakeries in the Monterey Bay area that I felt were disappointing, I had resigned myself to the fact that I just wouldn't get the wedding cake I really wanted. Then, almost as an afterthought, my wedding planner sent me to Freedom Bakery, since she had... Read More started to see a lot of brides getting their cakes from there. I met with Paul soon after, and had an absolutely phenomenal cake tasting. After trying a lot of boring and not very tasty cakes at other bakeries, I was astounded that every cake flavor I tried was better than the next at Freedom Bakery. In the end I went with a combination of mango white cake and boston cream cake, which was delicious on the day of the wedding. All my wedding guests gave great feedback about it. The way the cake was decorated was less important to me, but Paul did a wonderful job with the simple buttercream three tier-cake adorned with flowers that I requested. Paul was so professional and really knew exactly what I was looking for. He was easy to work with and delivered a fantastic product. Book your wedding cake with Paul at Freedom Bakery with confidence!!

Wedding Cake (Boston Cream)

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

The cake was fantastic. I was 100% satisfied with everything. I am a huge chocolate fan and never imagined having anything but chocolate cake for my wedding. But when I tried the boston cream cake I couldn't believe how good it was and had to go with it. I had a 3 layer cake... Read More so one layer was chocolate but the boston cream was the main part. Both were delicious and the design was amazing. Paul, the cake designer was very nice and made picking out the cake an easy decision. I highly recommend Freedom Bakery for anyone looking for a great cake and great service.

May 30, 2015

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Sheri T

We chose FBC to prepare our wedding cake. The staff was excellent! They answered all of our questions and worked with us to select a design for our cake that we loved and that fit our budget as well. We completely changed our flavor selection after our cake tasting. They... Read More have some great flavors! We received many compliments at our wedding. Our guests especially liked the chocolate cake with raspberry and amaretto filing. Very unique and so delicious. They did a great job. Our cake was beautiful and yummy.

Perfect Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

Freedom Bakery & Confections made us the most beautiful wedding cake. It was exactly what was asked for: elegant, simple, and gorgeous. And the real kicker? It tasted fantastic! We received so many compliments on it, it was such a success. Paul was helpful and pragmatic, and I... Read More couldn't have been happier. Would absolutely recommend!

Best wedding cake

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Kim B

We used Freedom Bakery for our wedding cake in June and it was unbelievable. Not only was the cake moist and flavorful, but it was beautiful. Our guests raved about it and not 1 piece was left at the end of the night. We had to have our coordinator save us a piece ahead of time... Read More to ensure my husband and I got some. We ate it the next morning and couldn't believe just how amazing it was. I highly recommend Freedom Bakery not only for their superior quality, but also for their great customer service and ease to work with. You won't be disappointed.

The Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Austin C

Paul and his team at Freedom Bakery were amazing throughout our entire wedding process and took special care when making our custom dessert bar. With the desserts we wanted, Paul made sure to make exactly what we had envisioned. They were not only beautiful but the taste was... Read More phenomenal! Thank you Freedom Bakery for everything you did to make our dream dessert bar and wedding cake!

Amazing all around

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Bonnie S

We tasted at many places, even after trying Freedom, and we went back to them because their cakes were so good and the folks there were super friendly. I printed a picture of a cake design that I loved and it turned out even better than the picture. We got many comments from our... Read More wedding guests that the cake was really good!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Meaghan K

We got our wedding cake from Freedom Bakery and it was absolutely perfect! Our wedding cake was beautiful! We were married at The Perry House and Freedom Bakery came highly recommended. Our tasting was done within 2 days of contacting them. Everything was so easy and the cakes... Read More were delicious! Our guests loved our cake. We had the pistachio filling on one tier and the mango on another tier and I couldn't decide which one was better because they were both so good. I would highly recommend Freedom Bakery & Confections for any wedding cake or for any other occasion!

Best Cake!

Reviewed on 4/06/2015

My husband and I ordered a 3 tier Red Velvet cake from here. This cake was AMAZING!!! Not only were the people so easy to work with, but I also got to choose exactly how I wanted it. I initially wanted miniature personalized cakes, but Paul had suggested otherwise and I... Read More resepcted his honest opinion. I would definitely recommend them for not just a wedding cake, but a cake for any occasion! Let's just say that my husband and parents often bring up about how delicious the cake was. We'll have to order another one for the next occasion!

Great cakes!

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Kylie R

I really liked the quality of our wedding cake. It tasted delicious and they have a variety of flavors. Paul was very friendly and accommodating, and the service was perfect! I totally reccomend them.

August Wedding 2014

Reviewed on 1/16/2015 elizabeth m

Loved the cake, the flavors were amazing.

Cake of My Dreams

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Melissa R

I originally choose Freedom Bakery because it was a preferred vendor from our hotel. I am so glad we did. When it came to the wedding we knew almost exactly how we wanted everything too look.. except for the cake. Paul was patient and able to weed through our vague ideas and... Read More wedding theme to create our perfect wedding cake. He worked out fall theme and personalized cake topper in seamlessly. It was colorful, elegant and tasted amazing! I may be biased 'cause it was my cake... but it was the best tasting wedding cake I have ever eaten or had shoved in my face. I would definitely recommend Freedom Bakery. Between the amazing customer service and the ending product. You can't go wrong.

Amazing Cakes!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Rachel T

This cake was amazing! We went to a few different places in Monterey to do our tastings and we were trying to decide between the two. Freedom just opened another location in Monterey that was our second place to taste. Although the look of their office there isn't the best,... Read More don't let that make your decision. I loved that they had different kinds rather than your regular chocolate, vanilla, red velvet etc. We ended up getting lemon raspberry for 3 tiers and mango for the 3rd. Mango sounds different, and it was.. but it was SO GOOD. My fiance was the one who insisted we get it. Paul was great too. He knew a lot about all the cakes and didn't push you on anything. He also had a great display book with past cakes that they had done which helped a lot. Although i already knew the look i wanted, it helped seeing that they had done one just like i had in mind. All around, they are great and not too expensive. Their prices were very reasonable! Loved them and would recommend them for sure!

Fantastic Monterey Bakery!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Jenifer J

We can't say thank you enough! Paul Liu and his staff at Freedom Bakery & Confections were amazing! They designed a King Cake for our rehearsal dinner, a wonderful Groom's Cake, and of course our wedding cake. The weekend was perfect and the cakes were fantastic! Our guests... Read More are still talking about how not only did they look good but they also tasted amazing! It was awesome that Paul had never made a king cake before but was able/willing to try something he had never done! With my husband and his family being from New Orleans, it was a great addition to our rehearsal dinner. The King Cake was great, and enjoyed by all. We received so many compliments on all of the cakes! Freedom bakery was a great company to work with and Paul is awesome! I work as a medical resident and my hours are somewhat difficult to work around. Between that and the time difference where we live, Paul was very flexible as far as finding a time to talk outside the normal work hours for planning calls and what not. We would highly recommend them as a vendor for anyone looking for an amazing bakery in the area. Thanks again for helping to make our big day so special! Jenifer & Beau

Delicious and Beautiful

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Michelle H

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious. It was moist, flavorful, just dense enough and we received so many compliments from our guests. We also loved working with Paul - he was super professional and overall a really nice person. We would highly recommend Freedom Bakery to... Read More anyone looking for a cake for their wedding or any other special occasion.

Paul Liu

My family has owned Freedom Bakery & Confections since 1975, and I'm proud to be the only person to have held every job in our shop...dish washing duties included :-) I worked as a CPA for a few years after college. While wearing a suit, I continued to help on weekends at the shop because it was fun. I returned full time in 2003 and got married in 2004. My awesome wife, Anna, and I now run the shop. We continue to focus on creating cakes & desserts that offer a perfect blend of presentation & taste. Congrats on your engagement and we look forward to being a part of your special day!