Quality Design, Taste & Service !

Founded in 1975, Freedom Bakery & Confections is a 2nd generation owned and operated cake specialty shop. From the classic to the modern, we're here to help you create the cake of your dreams. Cupcakes and dessert bars also available. Tastings available in Monterey & Watsonville.

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

309 Webster, MONTEREY, CA (831) 722-5223

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Ellen M

Freedom Bakery provided the cake for our wedding in Carmel/Monterey on 8/26/17. We were familiar with Freedom Bakery’s cakes from other family parties and weddings, so we didn’t think twice about choosing them for our wedding. Their cakes look great AND taste great, and we were... Read More very pleased with their customer service and responsiveness. We’ll definitely continue to use Freedom Bakery for our events.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Alexandria P

We couldn’t have been happier with our wedding cake from Freedom Bakery! Working with Freedom Bakery was so easy and everyone we interacted with was kind and knowledgeable about all things wedding cake. Every cake flavor we tested was incredible and we ended up choosing the... Read More raspberry/lemon white cake and the chocolate cake with chocolate ganache. The cake was beautifully decorated and all of our guests loved it! Easily the best cake we’ve ever had. Thank you, Freedom Bakery, for helping make our wedding day a success!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Michelle A

Paul was very friendly and accommodating. He did such an amazing job on our wedding cake. It was everything I had pictured and definitely exceeded my expectations. He also had a really good selection of flavors. We chose mango and raspberry amaretto which our guests including... Read More ourselves loved and enjoyed!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Sally S

Paul is incredible! From the moment we communicated to delivery he was so awesome. My family and I loved the cake tasting! I never knew wedding cakes can taste that good! It took us a while to even come to the conclusion of what flavor we wanted because everything was so so... Read More good! At the end we went for raspberry amaretto cake and everyone loved it! On the day of I was happy that the cake came out to look exactly how we wanted it to. Thanks again Paul!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Virginia C

We recently had our wedding at Carmel Valley Ranch and Freedom Bakery & Confections made our wedding cake. It was beautiful, classic and just how we envisioned it. Their customer service and attention to detail was outstanding. Loved our wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Jocelyn C

Freedom Bakery did a great job on a chocolate naked cake for our wedding. They were able to drop off the cake at the venue for the florist to add some succulents. Even though our order was simple and small, the customer service was fantastic throughout the entire process. The... Read More cake was truly beautiful and SO delicious! We can't wait to eat the top layer on our one year anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Kelsey K

The cake was absolutely beautiful and just what I imagined it to be. We had a beach theme and got married on the beach and Freedom Bakery created the perfect cake from my many detialed colors and designs. We got so many compliments on not only the look but the taste of our... Read More wedding cake. I would highly recommend freedom bakery for any event!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Jessica R

Freedom bakery did an amazing job on my wedding cake. They did exactly as I asked and delivered it to my venue.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Jamie G

I love our wedding cake! Everything from the planning to the execution was just perfect! They worked with my request to mimic a Monet painting on our wedding cake! They have a variety of options for the flavors. I wish I remember the flavor that we picked. I wouldn't mind... Read More ordering it again. :D Overall, I had a good experience working with them. Thanks for making my dream wedding cake a reality.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Dominique K

We had a blast tasting the cake samples, and LOVED working with the knowledgeable and professional staff, bakers and cake artists at Freedom Bakery. We are so grateful to them for helping us create a custom cake that was DELICIOUS! I would recommend them to you, and everyone I... Read More love and care about. We had a wonderful experience working with them.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Sarah M

Not only was the cake beautiful but it was the best tasting cake I've ever had!! We didn't wait until our first anniversary to eat the top. We ate it immediately!!! I highly recommend Freedom!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Daniela A

Not an ordinary wedding cake! I hear most people saying how they do not enjoy wedding cakes, but that's not the case with the ones from Freedom bakery. There's a variety of flavors and fillings to choose from and Paul is very knowledgeable on every aspect regarding the flavors,... Read More design, transportation to the venue, cake topper, cake stand etc... We chose a lemon pistachio/ chocolate raspberry cake for our wedding in Santa Cruz and it was insanely delicious!! Guests were obsessed with it. On top of all, the design was so beautifully performed! Lastly, Paul is so polite, accommodating and professional. Thanks so much Paul!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Ashley C

Delicious cakes. Great selection of flavors. Willing to work with you on your design.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Keo C

Loved their cakes. We ordered a 2-tier cake for our wedding. Paul was great, we met with him when we did our cake tasting. We brought family members with us to help determine the best cake for our wedding. The experience was fun, and the cakes were all delicious. In the end we... Read More went with a lemon cake, and a mango cake. Our guests loved these cakes! The cake itself was designed beautifully. We added a few flowers of our own to match our theme. They dropped the cake off promptly for us, and there were no worries at all.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Lindsay Y

I really enjoyed the cake tasting experience with Freedom Bakery! Paul and his team were very fun to work with. They did an amazing job with my wedding cake. It looked just how I envisioned it and it tasted amazing! My guests loved the black and white cake we chose with... Read More Raspberry Preserve with Amaretto mousse filling and buttercream frosting!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Kristin S

My husband and I both love Paul! He provided a cake and dessert bar for our March 11 wedding at Holman Ranch. He spent over an hour with us in our consultation, letting us taste all of his yummy treats and giving us excellent and thorough advice. He is really passionate about... Read More cake and desserts and has a ton of knowledge. He is also super friendly and not at all pushy. We thought it was really cool that he asked us what flavors we liked and made up a new dessert shot incorporating the coffee flavor we both love. He also has unique options for cake filling--we went with cookies and cream and loved it! All of our guests were raving about how delicious everything was. In addition, Paul was really quick responding to any questions we had and he has a convenient online payment system. He worked really well with our caterer and her staff to keep the dessert bar replenished throughout the entire event. We highly recommend him to anyone for any event!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Linda E

Had an amazing experience with Freedom Bakery! Our guests raved about our cake, it was so delicious and beautiful. Paul was a pleasure to work with and so accommodating. My husband and I are so happy we went with Freedom Bakery for our wedding cake. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Elie D

Freedom bakery was great to work with - one of the easiest and fastest decision and process in our wedding planning! I loved that they had everything online so we could view prices and options ahead of time. Scheduling was a breeze, cake tasting was, of course, fun, and we got... Read More a ton of compliments on our cake! (White cake with mango mousse filling). Just as Paul described to us when we met with him, they do a perfect balance of filling to cake to icing so nothing is too overwhelming. Deliver and all went perfectly and there were no issues along the way. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Celisse D

Freedom Bakery did an amazing job for our wedding at Monterey Tides Resort. They were able to get creative and share a similar vision as me and my husband. Very happy with the end result and recommend them to anyone looking for a fantastic cake in the Monterey area for any... Read More occasion.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Mariela K

Paul and his team were amazing to work with. When no other Bakery would attempt our design he took on the challenge and created our dream cake. Him and Nina did it all for us they even made sure we got a custom topper that we were able to keep! The design was exactly what we... Read More wanted and the cake was absolutely DELICIOUS everyone loved it including my husband and I.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Tania R

We absolutely loved our wedding cake it was not only beautiful but also delicious. We will be ordering from them in the future.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Carol V

Since the very beginning Paul and his staff at Freedom Bakery were professional and easy to work with. My husband and I were from out of town but that never made it a problem. Freedom Bakery carried out our wedding cake vision perfectly! Our cake was exactly what we imagined it... Read More to be, and it was very tasty! We got many compliments on how beautiful and delicious it was.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Quinn L

Freedom Bakery was the best! They were easy to work with, competitively priced and by far the best cake we tried in Santa Cruz. Our guests were raving about our cake. I would definitely recommend Freedom Bakery.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Caroline H

Paul and his team at Freedom Bakery are amazing! They made our cutting cake and wonderful dessert bar for our wedding at the Monterey Plaza hotel this summer. Everything was delicious and so beautiful. I was worried about there being too much, but my guests devoured it all!... Read More Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ross W

We LOVED our cake from FB&C!! With all of the other stressful details that come with planning a wedding, this is one area that I did not have to worry about. Once we made our arrangements with this company, I never had to look back. Paul was very easy to get in touch with... Read More and make an appointment for tastings. We chose the Mango Mousse filling for our cake. We purposely did not reveal the flavor of our cake out cake until after it was consumed by our guests. We did this because many people already have predetermined whether they like mango or not. Many of our guests who admitted that they do not like mango, stated that the cake was really good! Thank you FB&C for making this part of my wedding stress-free and delicious!!

Paul Liu

My family has owned Freedom Bakery and Confections since 1975, and I am proud to be the only person to have held every job in our shop...dish washing duties included :-) I worked as a CPA for a few years after college. While wearing a suit, I continued to help on weekends at the shop because it was fun. I returned full time in 2003 and got married in 2004. My awesome wife, Anna, and I now run the shop. We continue to focus on creating cakes and desserts that offer a perfect blend of presentation and taste. Congrats on your engagement and we look forward to being a part of your special day