Quality Design, Taste & Service !

Founded in 1975, Freedom Bakery & Confections is a 2nd generation owned and operated cake specialty shop. From the classic to the modern, we're here to help you create the cake of your dreams. Cupcakes and dessert bars also available. Tastings available in Monterey & Watsonville.

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

309 Webster, MONTEREY, CA

Freedom Bakery should be a part of your next event!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Shawna B

We visited 4 bakeries for our wedding cake and desserts. In my opinion, no other bakery came close to providing what Paul at Freedom Bakery did. The "Can do!" attitude was so refreshing. Paul made a custom filling for 2 tiers of our cake in addition to other custom desserts.... Read More Everything was wonderful, fresh, delicious, and beautiful! The quality and service is unsurpassed. Paul pays attention to every detail, not only with the flavor and quality, but from the details and design to placement and photo ops, and his prices are very reasonable. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Extremely Happy Bride and guests!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Kelsie H

I am kind of a last minute person and that just doens't fly when you're planning a wedding. When I was unsure/undecided on details, Nina kept me on track and made very helpful suggestions and is also a great listener! Our venue was a private residence with a barn reception- so I... Read More wanted to keep the design simple yet elegant. The cake added to the decor and ambiance of the room. It was hard to decide a flavor because all of the samples taste so good. My husband and I agreed upon the lemon and raspberry cake. Not only were we super happy with the way our wedding cake turned out, many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they've tasted! Thank you Freedom Bakery!!

This is the best, most delicious wedding cake ever!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Emma G

We loved everything about working with Freedom Bakery & Confections for our wedding: - We taste tested several cakes from various bakeries in the area and this won out by far! - Our guests also thought the cake was incredibly delicious and moist, with the exact balance of... Read More cake & frosting and just enough sweetness. - The cake still tasted JUST AS GOOD after 8 hours of driving back to LA, and in the few days after when we brought leftovers to work. - They were professional, prompt and courteous in all interactions, both in person and via email (which is not always the case with wedding vendors). - They were able to accommodate and match all our wishes for how the cake should look. - The cake was delivered on time, with no snags or hitches whatsoever. Something you will definitely appreciate as a bride on the big day! - When we asked our caterer for recommended wedding cake bakeries in the area, she said this was the best, which says a lot since she's got tons more experience than us in this area and has ongoing relationships with all the local bakeries. Just stop looking, this is hands down the best wedding cake bakery in the area!

Cookies and Cream

Reviewed on 12/09/2015

Best cake ever!! All my guests said this was the best flavor wedding cake they have ever had. Great team to work with very friendly and easy to communicate with.

Beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Freedom bakery did a wonderful job with our cake - they were one of our favorite vendors to work with. Paul was thoughtful and thorough with everything he did. A lot of weddings I have been to have beautiful cakes but often taste bland and dry. Paul's cakes are delicious - he... Read More has an assortment of flavors to choose from - we went with 2 flavors - the pistachio lemon and the raspberry filling. All of our guests were very impressed with the presentation and the taste (very moist). We wanted something a bit non-traditional - we had individual Swedish princess cakes (dome cakes with marzipan on the outside - I highly recommend) instead of one large wedding cake. Paul has mainly worked with fondant (as most places do these days), but was happy to try out our ideas and give us a second personalized taste session months ahead of time that catered to the specifics of what we wanted. Freedom bakery set it up beautifully and coordinated with our florist (to decorate the cake table) and hotel to make sure the delivery and setup went smoothly. Paul is a true professional and you can tell he is really passionate about what he does. We will be providing photos once we receive them from our photographer. Thank you!

Great Bakery!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Katelyn W

We hired Freedom Bakery to make 250 cupcakes and a cake topper for our wedding this last September, and could not have been more pleased! Right from the start, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The cupcakes were delicious, and so moist! Best cupcakes I've ever had!... Read More Not only did they taste great, but they were also beautiful, and the staff did a great job arrainging them at the venue. We will definitely be referring our friends and family to them for any of their events. We look forward to hiring them again in the future!

Delicious and great to work with

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jennifer J

Freedom bakery is a pleasure to work with. They are very responsive to their emails and were very friendly. the Cake was delicious and they are able to come up with flavor others than basic chocolate or vanilla. We choose cookies and cream and a chocolate moose but other options... Read More were Boston cream or pistachio. I gave them a picture from pint-erst and they were able to come up with the exact design. Our guest even commented hope delicious the cake was. Great company to work with and would definitely work with them again.

Delicious, Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

I heard of Freedom Bakery through a list of vendors by wedding site coordinator gave me. They were very reasonably priced and the reviews they got for the quality of their wedding cakes was excellent. We made the right choice because we got exactly what we wanted for our cake.... Read More The cake was fresh and moist. It was so delicious! My wedding guests raved about it and I cannot wait to taste in again in one year as we saved the top layer. Kudos to Paul and his team. They were also very easy to work with and responded to my emails in a promptly matter. You will not regret choosing F&B. the price was right and the was amazing!!

Elegant, delicious wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We are so grateful to Freedom Bakery for such a beautiful wedding cake! We and all of our guests loved it! It was exactly the cake we dreamed of, both in design and taste! We found a picture online we loved, and Freedom Bakery re-created it perfectly. The cake was moist and the... Read More frosting delicious. We can't wait to enjoy our cake topper next year!

Service & Taste #1

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Susan B

From the tasting and cake design appointment to email correspondence, I give Anna, Paul and the team 5 stars! I had a vision of the design and Paul hit it out of the park, perfection! We tasted 9 pieces of cake and settled on 2 cakes, the Lemon Raspberry & Chocolate... Read More Ganache/mousse OMG! My foodie and baker crowd all commented on how delicious the cake was with one foodie friend confessing to eating 3 pieces! My groom and I drooled over the left overs for two days following the wedding. If you want great customer service coupled with the best, most beautifully decorated cake, call Freedom Bakery!

Delicious, Beautiful Cake and Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Kristen E

Freedom Bakery provided an absolutely delicious cake and cupcake bar for our wedding. The wedding cake was a hazelnut ganache and my mouth still waters thinking about it -- so tasty! We wanted a simple design and had our florist decorate the cake and cupcake bar with... Read More succulents and flowers, the whole display was beautiful and everything I envisioned! We would definitely recommend Freedom for any of your dessert needs!

Freedom Bakery and Confections- the best there is!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

I LOVED working with Freedom Bakery for my wedding cake, and couldn't be more happy with my experience. They were very easy to work with, and accommodating. Everything from tastings, to payment, to delivery, to execution and taste was perfect. I emailed them pictures of what I... Read More wanted the cake to look like, and they double checked with me, and then executed it perfectly. It was exactly what I was hoping for. We ordered The Santa Cruz (white cake with a mango mousse) with buttercream icing. It was probably the last thing I would have expected to choose, and yet it was totally delicious and our favorite option. At the wedding, all of our guests loved it. It was moist, soft, not too sweet, and very refreshing. The icing was creamy and delicious, and I normally dislike icing because of its hard or grainy consistency. In terms of price, I was blown away by how affordable it was, especially considering the high quality of the product! I recommend this bakery to no end! LOVED IT!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Amber C

We wanted cakes that were fun and out of the ordinary on top of being yummy, and that was exactly what we got. Paul made two cakes for my wedding and all our guests raved about how delicious and cool-looking everything was. I definitely recommend Freedom Bakery & Confections.

WEDDING CAKE

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

I loved my wedding cake. everything about it was just so amazing. I didn't want to share lol

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 7/25/2015 Liza

Freedom was a pleasure to work with. They were very responsive and were willing to work with us to incorporate our unique cake toppers and create the cake that we wanted. The cake looked beautiful, and our guests devoured it! We wish we had ordered more of it!

Beautiful and Delicious Wedding Cake from Freedom Bakery

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Alyssa B

Our cake from Freedom Bakery was amazing! We wanted something simple but classy and of course delicious. We got all of the above. Our cake tasting was very easy to schedule and fun to do. We got a three layer cake, no decorations or topper - we decorated with fresh flowers at... Read More the venue. We had alternating layers of chocolate and white cake with amaretto and raspberry preserve filling. It was absolutely delicious - moist, soft, great buttercream frosting, simple design with small frosting bulbs around the base of each layer. Freedom delivered the cake to our venue, we didn't have to worry about it at all. Thank you Freedom Bakery for making our day very special!

Finally, the wedding cake I wanted!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Katie G

After checking out multiple bakeries in the Monterey Bay area that I felt were disappointing, I had resigned myself to the fact that I just wouldn't get the wedding cake I really wanted. Then, almost as an afterthought, my wedding planner sent me to Freedom Bakery, since she had... Read More started to see a lot of brides getting their cakes from there. I met with Paul soon after, and had an absolutely phenomenal cake tasting. After trying a lot of boring and not very tasty cakes at other bakeries, I was astounded that every cake flavor I tried was better than the next at Freedom Bakery. In the end I went with a combination of mango white cake and boston cream cake, which was delicious on the day of the wedding. All my wedding guests gave great feedback about it. The way the cake was decorated was less important to me, but Paul did a wonderful job with the simple buttercream three tier-cake adorned with flowers that I requested. Paul was so professional and really knew exactly what I was looking for. He was easy to work with and delivered a fantastic product. Book your wedding cake with Paul at Freedom Bakery with confidence!!

Wedding Cake (Boston Cream)

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

The cake was fantastic. I was 100% satisfied with everything. I am a huge chocolate fan and never imagined having anything but chocolate cake for my wedding. But when I tried the boston cream cake I couldn't believe how good it was and had to go with it. I had a 3 layer cake... Read More so one layer was chocolate but the boston cream was the main part. Both were delicious and the design was amazing. Paul, the cake designer was very nice and made picking out the cake an easy decision. I highly recommend Freedom Bakery for anyone looking for a great cake and great service.

May 30, 2015

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Sheri T

We chose FBC to prepare our wedding cake. The staff was excellent! They answered all of our questions and worked with us to select a design for our cake that we loved and that fit our budget as well. We completely changed our flavor selection after our cake tasting. They... Read More have some great flavors! We received many compliments at our wedding. Our guests especially liked the chocolate cake with raspberry and amaretto filing. Very unique and so delicious. They did a great job. Our cake was beautiful and yummy.

Perfect Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

Freedom Bakery & Confections made us the most beautiful wedding cake. It was exactly what was asked for: elegant, simple, and gorgeous. And the real kicker? It tasted fantastic! We received so many compliments on it, it was such a success. Paul was helpful and pragmatic, and I... Read More couldn't have been happier. Would absolutely recommend!

Best wedding cake

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Kim B

We used Freedom Bakery for our wedding cake in June and it was unbelievable. Not only was the cake moist and flavorful, but it was beautiful. Our guests raved about it and not 1 piece was left at the end of the night. We had to have our coordinator save us a piece ahead of time... Read More to ensure my husband and I got some. We ate it the next morning and couldn't believe just how amazing it was. I highly recommend Freedom Bakery not only for their superior quality, but also for their great customer service and ease to work with. You won't be disappointed.

The Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Austin C

Paul and his team at Freedom Bakery were amazing throughout our entire wedding process and took special care when making our custom dessert bar. With the desserts we wanted, Paul made sure to make exactly what we had envisioned. They were not only beautiful but the taste was... Read More phenomenal! Thank you Freedom Bakery for everything you did to make our dream dessert bar and wedding cake!

Amazing all around

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Bonnie S

We tasted at many places, even after trying Freedom, and we went back to them because their cakes were so good and the folks there were super friendly. I printed a picture of a cake design that I loved and it turned out even better than the picture. We got many comments from our... Read More wedding guests that the cake was really good!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Meaghan K

We got our wedding cake from Freedom Bakery and it was absolutely perfect! Our wedding cake was beautiful! We were married at The Perry House and Freedom Bakery came highly recommended. Our tasting was done within 2 days of contacting them. Everything was so easy and the cakes... Read More were delicious! Our guests loved our cake. We had the pistachio filling on one tier and the mango on another tier and I couldn't decide which one was better because they were both so good. I would highly recommend Freedom Bakery & Confections for any wedding cake or for any other occasion!

Best Cake!

Reviewed on 4/06/2015

My husband and I ordered a 3 tier Red Velvet cake from here. This cake was AMAZING!!! Not only were the people so easy to work with, but I also got to choose exactly how I wanted it. I initially wanted miniature personalized cakes, but Paul had suggested otherwise and I... Read More resepcted his honest opinion. I would definitely recommend them for not just a wedding cake, but a cake for any occasion! Let's just say that my husband and parents often bring up about how delicious the cake was. We'll have to order another one for the next occasion!

Paul Liu

My family has owned Freedom Bakery & Confections since 1975, and I'm proud to be the only person to have held every job in our shop...dish washing duties included :-) I worked as a CPA for a few years after college. While wearing a suit, I continued to help on weekends at the shop because it was fun. I returned full time in 2003 and got married in 2004. My awesome wife, Anna, and I now run the shop. We continue to focus on creating cakes & desserts that offer a perfect blend of presentation & taste. Congrats on your engagement and we look forward to being a part of your special day!