Freedom Bakery & Confections

(75)

MONTEREY, CA

Quality Design, Taste & Service !

Founded in 1975, Freedom Bakery & Confections is a 2nd generation owned and operated cake specialty shop. From the classic to the modern, we're here to help you create the cake of your dreams. Cupcakes and dessert bars also available. Tastings available in Monterey & Watsonville.

$$$

309 Webster, MONTEREY, CA

Delicious and Beautiful

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Michelle H

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious. It was moist, flavorful, just dense enough and we received so many compliments from our guests. We also loved working with Paul - he was super professional and overall a really nice person. We would highly recommend Freedom Bakery to anyone looking for a cake for their wedding or any other special occasion.

Cake of My Dreams

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Melissa R

I originally choose Freedom Bakery because it was a preferred vendor from our hotel. I am so glad we did. When it came to the wedding we knew almost exactly how we wanted everything too look.. except for the cake. Paul was patient and able to weed through our vague ideas and wedding theme to create our perfect wedding cake. He worked out fall theme and personalized cake topper in seamlessly. It was colorful, elegant and tasted amazing! I may be biased 'cause it was my cake... but it was the best tasting wedding cake I have ever eaten or had shoved in my face. I would definitely recommend Freedom Bakery. Between the amazing customer service and the ending product. You can't go wrong.

Fantastic Monterey Bakery!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Jenifer J

We can't say thank you enough! Paul Liu and his staff at Freedom Bakery & Confections were amazing! They designed a King Cake for our rehearsal dinner, a wonderful Groom's Cake, and of course our wedding cake. The weekend was perfect and the cakes were fantastic! Our guests are still talking about how not only did they look good but they also tasted amazing! It was awesome that Paul had never made a king cake before but was able/willing to try something he had never done! With my husband and his family being from New Orleans, it was a great addition to our rehearsal dinner. The King Cake was great, and enjoyed by all. We received so many compliments on all of the cakes! Freedom bakery was a great company to work with and Paul is awesome! I work as a medical resident and my hours are somewhat difficult to work around. Between that and the time difference where we live, Paul was very flexible as far as finding a time to talk outside the normal work hours for planning calls and what not. We would highly recommend them as a vendor for anyone looking for an amazing bakery in the area. Thanks again for helping to make our big day so special! Jenifer & Beau

Best Cake!

Reviewed on 4/06/2015

My husband and I ordered a 3 tier Red Velvet cake from here. This cake was AMAZING!!! Not only were the people so easy to work with, but I also got to choose exactly how I wanted it. I initially wanted miniature personalized cakes, but Paul had suggested otherwise and I resepcted his honest opinion. I would definitely recommend them for not just a wedding cake, but a cake for any occasion! Let's just say that my husband and parents often bring up about how delicious the cake was. We'll have to order another one for the next occasion!

Great cakes!

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Kylie R

I really liked the quality of our wedding cake. It tasted delicious and they have a variety of flavors. Paul was very friendly and accommodating, and the service was perfect! I totally reccomend them.

August Wedding 2014

Reviewed on 1/16/2015 elizabeth m

Loved the cake, the flavors were amazing.

Delicious cupcakes & knowledgeable staff

Reviewed on 11/18/2014

Freedom Bakery & Confections made beautiful, delicious cupcakes for our wedding ceremony. Working with them was a delight! All the staff was knowledgeable, helpful and responsive through out the entire planning process. Best cupcakes in the Monterey Bay area!

Fantastic cake & experience

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Victoria T

Freedom Bakery was one of the suggested vendors from our venue, the Holman Ranch. Paul was fantastic from the get go - he's super responsive, all of the information you need is right online on their website, and he actually helped me solve a major design dilemma! My parents in law brought a traditional fruit cake over from Australia, so we ended up with 2 cakes. Paul came up with the idea to have bunting between and behind the cakes and arranged both of them for us when he delivered the cake we ordered from him - it looked great and I couldn't have been happier! Paul not only came up with the idea, but helped me by following up along the way to make sure that all of the pieces he needed to make the design work would be in place. Also, the cake he made for us was SO GOOD. I can't wait for our anniversary to eat the top layer!

BEST Cake I've Had

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Teresa D

I loved working with Freedom Bakery. When we were shopping around for wedding cake, there was absolutely no question that Freedom was the best choice. When going through the planning process, correspondence and payment was so easy. They were also very flexible in downsizing my cake when we found out our guest estimate was initially too high. Now about the cake - all the flavors were perfectly balanced, the cake was so moist, and the style and decorations matched our style perfectly. Our guests raved about our cake, and I can’t wait to dive into our anniversary tier. Thanks, Paul for your excellent service and quality cake! I highly recommend your bakery to all.

Great Cake & Easy to work with!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Paige E

After trying several bakeries in the Santa Cruz area, my husband and I landed on Freedom Bakery & Confections. They were a bit off the beaten path out in Watsonville but I'm glad we made the trip. Other well known bakeries in the area just didn't seem to care about us as customers. Paul and his team are very knowledgeable and certainly know what they're doing. His shop is cute and the portfolio of options available is endless! I was most impressed with the various designs available. And when we got down to the actual cake and tasting, his cakes were a stand out. We went with a non-traditional red velvet. It was so good that during our cake cutting and feeding at the wedding we had to have a second bite before sitting down to enjoy a full slice, each! Paul is professional, prompt, and attentive to your needs. They'll even let you rent the cake stand/base if you don't want to purchase one. I can't wait to go back to Paul to have him make our anniversary cake for our one year!

Loved them!!! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Katrina L

Freedom Bakery did such an amazing job on our wedding cake. Growing up in Watsonville, everyone always got their cakes from Freedom bakery but I never knew the extent of their fine work. My sister used them for her wedding cake and highly recommended them so we set up our cake tasting appointment. First of all, the flavors were out of this world, they were all delicious but my husband and I fell in love with the Boston Cream, Classic White Cake filled with Bavarian Cream and Chocolate Ganache.... AMAZING! I had picked a cake style that looked Vintage chic and not only did they match the buttercream cake color to the blush color that matched the wedding colors, but I sent them a picture of my wedding dress and Paul incorporated the detail of the lace on my dress to match on the cake, with rhinestones and all! It was gorgeous! I can't help smile every time I look at pictures of our cake, it was simply beautiful. I received sooo many compliments on the cake that evening and many after on how beautiful it was but ESPECIALLY on how tasty and delicious it was. Everyone kept asking who made the cake! I am beyond happy that Paul and Freedom Bakery were able to create my dream wedding cake, it was perfect and everything I had imagined! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! You will not be disappointed! Thanks again Freedom Bakery and Paul!!!

YUM - it was worth it!

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 elizabeth j

Our cake was SOOO tasty! We were on a budget and Freedom was priced right in the middle of all the cake places , but they treated us like we were paying top dollar! We didn't have to sit down and do that whole cake tasting thing. We picked up samples and got to taste them o our own time which works REALLY well for us as we are from out of town. (They DO do those fancy sit down tastings also!) I had a problem with my cake topper and Paul really helped me decide not to use mine (it was huge and I had a tiny 60 person cake). He helped me with a solution at the last minute! The lemon raspberry cake we had was so good my husband still talks about it. They are fantastic.

Fabulous Bakery!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Jennifer R

Freedom Confections and Bakery made my wedding cake this summer. We met with Paul for a tasting and he was very friendly and accommodating. It was very clear that he was a professional and had been in the business for many years! All of the cake we tasted was delicious. We went with a red velvet cake. I chose a custom design and Freedom Confections and Bakery replicated the design perfectly and made a stunning cake. The price was very reasonable. I highly recommend their company!

Our Delicious Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Natalie V

From the sample bite we took at the Monterey Bridal showcase, we were hooked! The cake was Delicious! Paul was wonderful to work with and the entire process was stress less. I was very excited about the cake topper that I was getting custom made and Freedom Bakery was able to compliment it and make the cake look magical. It looked Great, It tasted Delicious! I could not ask for me. I would recommend and use Freedom Bakery again in a heart beat. Delicious & Beautiful! Thank you!!!

5 stars for our wedding cake!

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Devin P

I was very pleased with the overall process of using Freedom bakery for my wedding cake. The communication was excellent, Paul was a great listener, he really wanted us to be happy with our cake. We enjoyed the complimentary sampling as we decided on the flavor. He allowed us to make payments and was prompt on the delivery to the venue on the day of. Everyone really loved the raspberry lemon flavor and the decoration was just what I imagined. Simple yet elegant. Exactly what we wanted, color and all. I will continue to use them for all my bakery needs! Highly recommended! A+ Thanks again for everything!

Cupcakes

Reviewed on 8/24/2014

Delicious cupcakes for our wedding! I would reccommend this bakery for any occasion. I got many compliments on how good the cupcakes were!

N+J wedding

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Jo c

We met with Paul for our tasting and right away enjoyed all the different flavors and couldn't narrow it down so had to keep eating haha! We ordered a cake topper and was mailed to them and he was kind enough to email me a photo of it when they received it and revised the cake size so it fits perfectly. They are very kind, reliable, affordable and it's a ver tasty cake! We will be eating our top tier this weekend and can't wait!

Beautiful AND Delicious!

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Hanako W

We got so many compliments on our amazing cake from Freedom Bakery - the design was exactly as we discussed with Paul (textured ivory buttercream with succulent accents) and the white cake with mango mousse was absolutely delicious. My father-in-law is STILL telling us that it's the best cake he's ever tasted, and our wedding was over a month ago! Compared to a lot of other bakeries in the area, their prices are also extremely reasonable. Since we paid for our wedding out of our own pockets, it was really important that we stay within budget. I can't say enough good things about this place - all of the people we worked with were extremely friendly and helpful, and the cake turned out so beautifully. Thank you so much for helping to make our day so special!

Wonderful wedding cake!

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Sarah G

We absolutely loved our wedding cake! It was delicious! We were unable to taste our cake ahead if time because of how far away we live but the cake was amazing! We went with the Monterey cake and wouldn't change a thing!

Beautiful Work!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Danita K

We ordered our wedding cake here and I couldn't be happier with the result!! I sent in a picture of what I wanted and they simply made it happen and they were very helpful and understanding!! Always polite when you call to make sure everything is in order, even though I probably over did it! :)

Everyone LOVED!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Stephanie L

We used Freedom Bakery and Confections for our wedding in july. We ordered one small cake and 170 cupcakes. I wasn't exactly sure what flavors to get and what not but Freedom was so wonderful and helped me pick the best flavors for everyone. :) Everyone raved about how much they loved our cupcakes! I would reccommend them to anyone and everyone! They were wonderful to work with and their work tasted Amazing!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Melaney B

Freedom Bakery did my cake for our wedding and it was absolutely delicious! Beautiful and elegant, just the way we wanted it! I highly recommend Freedom Bakery! Worth every penny!

Amazing Work

Reviewed on 8/20/2014

Freedom Bakery did an amazing job with my wedding cake. It looked beautiful and tasted very moist and delicious. My wife and I chose the cookies and cream flavor. Everyone loved eating it. The reps of freedom bakery were very professional and helpful. I highly recommend this bakery to anyone looking for a wedding cake. Thank you for the amazing job. You guys are the best!

DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Ashley

I hired Freedom Bakery to do our wedding cake after seeing how expensive cake at other bakeries in the area were. I was so pleased when I was able to have a beautiful, DELICIOUS cake for a much lower price! This was one of the best cakes I have ever had, and I absolutely can't wait to cut into the topper that is in my freezer! The cake was so beautiful. I had made a Pinterest board of cakes that I loved and Paul was great about coming up with something in my price range that was the exact look that I was going for. We went with a white cake with mango filling, and it was simply amazing. We will definitely be going back for more!

Your guests will ask for seconds

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Alida B

I chose Freedom Bakery for my wedding of 80 people because the customer service and fast response time set them apart from the vendors recommended to me in the Carmel area. I searched for an idea of what I wanted the cake to look like on Pinterest and did some comparisons with the online cake catalogs of competitors and saw clearly that Freedom's style suited me. I wanted rustic, simple, and charming to compliment the beauty of Holman Ranch. I initiated the order via email and got a response from Paul within the hour. I skipped the tasting - because I tried other bakeries and decided I'm fairly easy to please where that's concerned. What mattered more to me was that the look of the cake fit the style of the wedding. And as luck would have it, the cake looked and tasted like heaven. I picked a flavor, placed the order and then immediately wished I had chose something else. It was no biggie for Freedom though to change out the flavor, I called in the change and Paul told me I was making a good decision with the cookies & cream and that it was his favorite flavor... and that's all I needed to cross this off the long list of to-dos. Freedom was great - they were in touch with the wedding coordinator and offered advice for how large the cake stand should be. My only regret is that I didn't order a big enough cake because I couldn't make the larger size fit my budget. I ordered a round cake with 3 tiers, a 6", 8", 10" with white butter cream icing. And used fresh succulents for decoration. If I had guests who didn't really care for cake it would have been large enough - but the cake was so good people wanted more.

Send Email