Freelance Event Sound & Lighting

We serve the Los Angeles areas including San Diego, Inland E

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

325 N 2nd Ave, Upland, CA We serve the Los Angeles areas including San Diego, Inland E (909) 770-2523

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Sonia V

Ron was my DJ and he was amazing. He played most of the songs from my playlist and even adjusted the songs at the very last minute. He also accommodated my guests who had special requests. He even stayed an extra 1/2 hour at no charge because people were still dancing and he... Read More didn't want to stop the party. Thank you for making my reception a blast!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Jasmine A

Ann was the DJ/ MC for our wedding day, she was super fun to work with. She worked with us to create a unique feel for each part of our day. Starting with the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and finally dancing. They read the crowd perfectly and knew what will get them dancing.... Read More People were on the dance floor all night made the wedding a true success. I highly would recommend Freelance.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Alison C

We used Freelance as our DJ and also for bistro lighting. We could not be happier with our choice! The process for selecting the music was a breeze: there's an online form that allows you to choose as much or as little music as you want to add. My husband basically picked music... Read More for the entire wedding and our DJ was ON POINT! He played everything we wanted at the perfect times, and he played some other music after reading the room. Also, our lights were stunning and really set the mood. 100% recommend!

Reviewed on 2/21/2016 Porscha S

OMG talk about value, great service and amazing people! Our original wedding venue had to cancel last minute due to the weather abc7.com/weather/el-nino… and they rolled with ut, showed up at the new place set up and were such a great help! We ended up having to get Costco pizza... Read More as no one could cater that last minute and DJ Ann was even helping serve guests! She kept the party lively and was so much fun! I'm so glad they were able to come and mc the event!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2015 Sherry W

Came across this DJ at a wedding expo a few months ago. I've called both numbers and left messages as well as emailed (Jennifer Wong) at least 5-8 times. It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't heard back. Luckily we came across "Dance all night DJ" in Rancho and they're helping... Read More us out! I'd avoid this company at all cost.

Fantastic DJ!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kelly N

Ron, was a great help the night of my wedding! Not only did he play great music and kept the party going but he also stepped and took the initiative as wedding coordinator. He was always coming to me making sure everything was ok and sounding great as well as keeping up with and... Read More following the timeline of the night. He was on top of everything and we really appreciated everything from him! We had a issue during one of the special dance and he covered it perfectly and no one knew a thing! Definitely recommending him to friends!

The room looked amazing!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Keesha A

Ron and his team turned a plain room, into an elegant room lit with purple uplights and a personalized gobo design. We loved it!

Guerrero Wedding

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Gabriela

Freelance are the best of the best. I would like to thank Ron, and specially Ann and Andrew for making our wedding a very memorable one. They executed what was promised, The Music and sound quality was amazing, The lighting and ambience delight fully romantic and fun. Their... Read More attire was appropriate for the occasion. The way they coordinated and entertained our guests was top notch, totally exceeded our expectations. Ron, Ann and Andrew you so much for your professionalism for answering every question we had and for making our wedding a very special one. God bless u Lots!

Perkins Wedding Fall event

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Inez A

We LOVED them so much we booked two events with Freelance Event Sound and lighting. They were always available and willing to offer ideas to help our event come up a notch to the most amazing planned event. Our guest are still talking about how well versed the music and the... Read More lighting of our dance floor for the wedding. Our 2nd event was my bridal shower. We had string lighting in our back yard. Not only were they willing to come and set up, but always spend extra time with us when ever we had questions. Not only did we gain a DJ for all our future events, but a family friend. It was as thou we had know each other forever.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Roxana H

I had met a few employees of Freelance at a bridal expo in Pasadena, CA. They were extremely friendly and mentioned they were having a package deal with DJ and Photographer. Right away I let my fiancé know and quickly we called and scheduled an appointment to meet with... Read More Freelance. They provided such a great presentation of their previous events with music and lighting. They had us sold and on our drive home we called right back to let them know we were booking them for our special day. Every moment I needed to speak to anyone at freelance we received a call or email right away. Our special day finally arrived and music was great. They played what we requested and not once was the dance floor empty. Thank you everyone at Freelance. You guys did such a great job and made our night very memorable.

Velasquez Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 CLARIZA M

Freelance Event Sound & Lighting was amazing! Words cannot explain how beautiful they made our wedding reception look. I was almost in tears when I walked into our reception and saw it for the first time, it turned out even better than I had envisioned. Ron Zapata is such a... Read More professional and very talented at what he does. We had compliments ALL night about the entertainment and are still talking about it. I am so glad for the referral to them. Ron was able to help with me with a last minute request a few weeks before the wedding when I asked him to make me a CD mix that my father and I was going to dance to and surprise all our guests. It came out so good! My guests could not stop telling me how beautiful everything looked, including the staff at the Ontario Convention Center! I highly recommend DJ Freelance Event Sound & Lighting, it will NOT be a party without them and you will not be disappointed!!! They are organized, they give you so many options, they are flexible and they will make any vision come alive. They were worth EVERY penny!!!!

A Moment of a Lifetime!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

This was a Platinum style wedding without the cost of one. Omg! I was blow away by the lighting, music, spot lights, washed flooring, and everything else that I can't remember lol.It was an amazing wedding that I will only have once and my dream wedding. I ccouldn't say anything... Read More better that, "The Best". Thank you everyone who helped and especially Ron. My husband and I were soo happy with the way our wedding turned out. Thank You again Clariza & Raul Velasquez,

Jessica's Quinceanera

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Lituania N

I’d like to start by saying that Ron was EXTREMELY professional and creative. We had a very good experience with him during our daughter Jessica’s Quinceanera. The music selection was excellent and he made sure to keep the crowd entertained with different types of music.... Read More Overall, he was a crucial part to an unforgettable party!! He is also very reasonable with price and set everything up the day before the party perfectly, as well as cleanup the next day. He had a superb setup of color changing LED lights to illuminate the entire party area. I would DEFINITELY recommend Ron to ANYONE who needs a DJ, and I will certainly hire him again any chance I get!!! -Bertha Banuelos

BEST DJ

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

Best DJ around, thank you to the freelance crew for making my cousins one of the best weddings I've been to in some time now. The dance floor was always packed, the dj was awesome. The lighting and gobo made a huge difference in the room. No need to look any further for... Read More DJ's...Freelance Event Sound and Lighting will rock your party.

Fabulous DJ

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Angela R

We used Freelance Event Sound and Lighting for our wedding on June 22, 2013. We are so glad we had Ron DJ for our wedding. He was extremely helpful from the first day we met him. I loved how we could manage our song selection through his website. Ron also took care of our... Read More lighting too. He worked with us to find the perfect lighting to match our wedding color - "mint green". The best part of working with Ron was that he had lots of great ideas on how to entertain our guest. We had several fun games. People are asking us about the shoe game we played. Our guest all said they had a great time at our wedding. Thanks, Ron. If you are looking for a great DJ stop looking and call Ron.

Amazing DJ

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Lisa A

Ron was the most amazing DJ ever. He was very professional, helpful and accommodating. He gave us a user-friendly website to use so that we could hand pick each song that we wanted to have played at each moment (cake cutting, grand entrance, first dance, last dance, etc).... Read More Everything was right on point. We even asked Ron if he could remix one of the songs that we chose, to say our new last name in it, in place of the original lyrics, and he absolutely pulled it off perfectly. All of the lighting was absolutely beautiful. We had pin spotting on our cake as well as all of our centerpieces. The lights really made the whole room come together. Everyone commented on the beauty of the room, and i definitely think the lighting had a great impact. Overall, Ron did such a great job with the music and keeping the party going and also with the beauty of the lighting. Thank you so much Ron!

Wendy & Sal Lomeli

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

Your DJ was so good!” is all I’m hearing from our guests. We hired Freelance Event Sound & Lighting through our wedding planner and we could not be happier about our decision! The DJ and MC worked well together and kept the party going from the first song to the last dance –... Read More they ROCKED THE HOUSE! The MC was so lively and kept our guest engaged throughout the night without skipping a beat. They showed up on time to the event, set-up the lighting and were ready to go for the ceremony without a glitch. I highly recommend Freelance Event Sound & Lighting to anyone who is looking for a quality DJ and MC and wants a party to remember.

They Delivered!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Teranisha F

I was absolutely blown away by the professionalism, friendliness and most of all how they made sure everything was what we asked for. DJ Ann gave us 200% and words could not express how grateful we are for the beautiful turn out. I will most definitely be using them in the... Read More feature. Thanks again Freelance Event Sound & Lighting YOU ROCK!

We love Ron!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Kristin

We loved loved Ron so much! He totally made our wedding,. we had great music and he also provided the lighting and our videography. Everyone is still complimenting us on our deejay and how good he was and how he just kept the reception going. I have to say there was no one... Read More sitting down they were all dancing all night long! we definitely can't wait to have some more parties just so we can have Ron deejay again =) We definitely recommend him for your wedding.

As good as it gets!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Brisa S

Can't go wrong with this company! Professional, friendly, flexible, and fun! They made things so easy for me the day of. They got all of the songs I wanted, had a great team that worked well with our family and us to get our wedding reception done right. Our MC was lively and... Read More professional, I've seen some that mess up the husband/wives names! lol. The lighting agains the walls and from the stage was perfect. They worked with our band even though the band was hours late! They made things stress free and I really appreciated it :)

Mr and Mrs. Romero

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Ashley L

You guys were amazing and so nice. We are definitely using you guys in the future and recommending you to many people. (: Thank you so much.

PERFECT CHOICE

Reviewed on 12/12/2012 maria t

My husband had known Ron from previous business, but there was no doubt in his mind to choose him for our big day. Ron was professional and totally catered to the various groups that we had there. He played music accordingly for the kids, the older folks and definitely the... Read More ones that were trying to party. His packages even include lighting to set the ambiance and he was perfect at being a bilingual MC and included everyone in the events and accouncements. Ron was super dope and it honestly felt like one of your good friends is mixing at your wedding.