The Knot Best of Weddings 2017

Your traditions, Your emotions, Our profession Freeland Photography is the most trusted name in Kansas City wedding photography since 1997. We are celebrating our 20th year of business this year! Freeland Photography breaks the mold by having a full time staff. Our in house editing guarantees the Freeland Photography quality our clients have come to expect. When we are not photographing weddings, we are doing a variety of photos sessions during the week. Many of those being for our past wedding clients! We want to be more than just your wedding photographer. We want to capture all those moments in life you want to remember forever. Contact us today to meet and discuss your wedding day. All wedding packages include full resolution final images with a print release, and social media files.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

320 SE Douglas, Lee's Summit, MO (816) 272-5625

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Megan W

Freeland Photography is AMAZING. After your wedding day, photographs are all that you have to look back on the most important day of your life. Freeland makes sure they get every perfect shot, every candid moment, and everything you ever pictured. :) They made my husband and I... Read More feel extremely comfortable, they got every single photo we wanted, and made us enjoy our wedding day that much more! I cannot express how thankful we are for Freeland. Mike, Amanda, Jill and the whole team do an OUTSTANDING job and I would recommend them over and over again!!

2017-07-12T18:05:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. You and your husband have been a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Kayla N

I cannot recommend Freeland Photography highly enough. Mike and his staff were committed to getting beautiful, natural shots and went above and beyond to accommodate our large wedding party and family. Our wedding was in November, and Mike and Faith drove all over Kansas City... Read More with us to capture the fall colors and golden hour. In every location, they were ready to maximize all aspects of their environment to create truly unique photos. For example, they seamlessly transitioned from capturing the evening light and golden foliage on the lawn of the Nelson Atkins museum to festive Christmas photos in the decorated parlor of the Brass on Baltimore. The results were stunning. They were more than just photos: each image is a work of art unto itself.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Emily T

We planned our Liberty, MO wedding from Austin, TX so finding vendors that we could trust was really important to us. Working with Freeland Photography was an absolute dream from the first phone call to getting all of our images. Mike Freeland was our photographer for the... Read More wedding day and he did my bridal portrait session a few days before the big day as well. From the moment I met Mike I knew that we would be in good hands. He instantly put me at ease and I really enjoyed the experience of having my portraits done. For the wedding day, Mike had spent some time to scope out some great places to take pictures with our bridal party; I appreciated the extra effort to ensure that we got lots of different kinds of shots. I feel like he and his 2nd photographer, Tammie, were able to capture the excitement of the day and the precious moments that would have otherwise been missed in all the hustle and bustle of getting married! The sweetest surprise was when I walked into my reception and Mike had printed one of the images from my portrait session, framed it, and set it on the guest book table. Mike and Tammie got lots of pictures at the reception but were also consummate professionals. They were never "in the way" or trying to "force" any shots. Best of all, they got our images to us weeks earlier than we were expecting. I know brides who have waited months to see their wedding pictures; getting those images to us so quickly is one of those details that separates the good from the exceptional. Here's the thing about your wedding day: it really will go by so quickly and you will not remember a lot of it. After all that money is spent and the party is over, your pictures are what will help you relive the most exciting day of your life (so far, anyway). Make sure you hire professionals to capture these moments; you really can't get any better than Freeland Photography.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Brittney H

I was a little nervous about spending so much money for photography (my wife made it clear that we needed to splurge since these photos would last forever). Freeland is definitely not the cheapest out there but for the quality, they are worth every single penny. Amanda and... Read More Elizabeth were more than we could ever have hoped for! Two brides are a handful and they made us feel so comfortable and taken care of. At one point, both girls were on the floor helping is bustle our dresses. I can't thank them enough for such a wonderful evening. They were perfect at getting action shots, following us around practically all day to get photos that didn't feel posed. We just got our photos back this week and they are absolutely beautiful - we have hundreds of good shots to select from.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Calli G

We cannot thank Mike Freeland and Amanda enough for spending our wedding day with us, and producing the most real-beautiful pictures of the day, from start to finish! It's true when they say " you don't want to know your photographers are there, during the getting ready... Read More process," and they held that down. Amanda and Mike both captured "real" moments that we will cherish for a lifetime! If I could do it all over again, I would pick them! Saying we highly recommend, is doing them a dis-service because we 500% recommend, and beyond!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Carolyn S

Amanda was so great to work with from day one. She brought a calm and collectedness to our wedding day that helped keep me (the bride) calm and collected. I was confident throughout the day that she and Ryann were capturing the moments we’d requested. And we weren’t disappointed... Read More -- the preview we received a week later revealed some stunning shots! Freeland as a company was very easy to work with, especially as I was planning our wedding long-distance intermittently from NYC and D.C. They sent their invoices over email and we were able to make payments in easy installments. I loved that we were able to customize our package and overlap the two photographers' time so we were able to get more coverage throughout our wedding day. We also had the opportunity to work with Mike for our engagement pictures, and were very pleased with the output of those, too.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Andrea W

Highly recommend Freeland Photography. My wedding photos are beautiful! They captured many moments that were so touching. They never stopped running the day of our wedding to be in every place! Like a good photographer, I barely even noticed they were there. They are also very... Read More knowledgeable and answered all our questions ahead of time. On the wedding day any time something was needed, Mike or his assistant stepped up to help. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Jessica K

Working with Mike at Freeland Photography was wonderful! All of our pictures were absolutely beautiful and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Karen C

Amanda photographed my wedding and I'm so glad I went with her. She was very easy to work with and get along with and made my whole wedding day very stress-free. I did not have a "day-of" wedding planner, but I felt like Amanda helped out on many things that I wouldn't have... Read More thought of. She also did a great job of making sure that I got every kind of shot that I wanted and didn't get in the way during the ceremony/reception so that I could enjoy time with my guests. She is a very laid-back and really makes your feel comfortable. I loved the photos and love that I could share all the full-quality photos easily via the website she sets up. I would highly recommend her!

2017-10-09T18:26:12 Response from the vendor

I was honored to be apart of your day. It was such a beautiful wedding and the reception was so fun! I am glad you all love the photos!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Kaley M

Freeland Photography was the best decision I made for my wedding! Photography was the most important vendor to hire, and I did tons of research. My husband actually selected Freeland because of his comfort level with Mike, and I was really excited to work with them as they were... Read More at the top of my list for quality of photos. Mike and Amy did an outstanding job getting each and every shot we requested, and all of the special detail shots that really make your wedding personal. Mike took our engagement photos and even did a separate bridal portrait shoot with me to ensure that we had plenty of time for shots of my dress before the big day. This allowed me to see how my hair, makeup, and dress would photograph before the day of. I got incredible pictures with each session we did, and I would print them all if I could! I know I made the best decision hiring Freeland and I encourage everyone to use their studio as they are super friendly and easy to work with. They work incredibly hard to capture each aspect of your day, and I can’t wait to use them many times in the future for family pictures. Truly the best!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Lori E

Amanda and the team at Freeland are wonderful. They were a pleasure to work with, from beginning to end. The planning process was simple, the day-of experience was a lot of fun, and the photos came out gorgeous. Thrilled we used them and would highly recommend.

2017-07-17T13:12:01 Response from the vendor

We had so much fun photographing your wedding! We can not wait to take photos of your family as it grows.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 ashton p

I cannot thank Mike and his staff enough for capturing my wedding day! After an unfortunate situation with another photographer, Freeland Photography stepped up and exceeded any and all expectations. Our entire day went so well and was captured perfectly because of them! All of... Read More the wedding guests were impressed and told me "your pictures were beautiful, it's like your photographer was there capturing everything that happened." I am so impressed with their professionalism as well as their ability to perfectly capture such a special day! Thanks Freeland Photography!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Kristine H

My wedding photos are just amazing! Freeland Photography captured every moment beautifully! I chose Freeland because all of their photos were bright, unique and not the cheesy typical wedding poses. I loved that they paired us with our photographer Amanda for our engagement... Read More photos and then she was also our photographer for our wedding. I was very nervous about taking photos and feeling awkward, but Amanda was so sweet and easy to work with that we actually had a ton of fun taking all of our photos. She is so talented behind the camera and captured moments we'll cherish forever! We have so many wonderful photos to choose from! We had an absolutely HUGE wedding party, but it was no problem at all! Thank you so much Amanda & Freeland!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Laura V

Amanda and her assistant took wonderful pictures in a very unobtrusive manner at my September wedding. We had hundreds of photos to choose from, and we love our album. They even brought a drone and got some awesome pictures from above. The whole experience was great!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Bailey D

Mike captured our wedding day perfectly! We came up with lots of spur of the moment photo ideas and he perfected them all. We are so in love with our pictures. It takes a couple months to get them but it was so worth the wait. A member of our wedding party was sick the day of... Read More our wedding and Mike made sure they were comfortable through all the photos.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Whitney S

Mike Freeland and photographer Faith exceeded our expectations on every level possible. When looking for photographers we met with quite a few different ones and we felt the most connected to Mike. He shot both our engagement pictures and wedding photos. It was important to us... Read More to include our dogs in the engagement shots and he was fantastic with this. The attention to detail, capturing who we are as couple, getting all of the requested shots (family members, etc) and making our wedding look amazing were just a few things that Mike and his team did well. The sneak peak pictures were done in less than a week. His staff is incredibly professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The communication and responsiveness exceeded my expectations. My husband and I will use Freeland Photography for any and all professional photography needs in the future. If you choose Freeland Photography, you will not regret it !

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Lauren B

Freeland Photography was the first vendor that I booked for our wedding, because I was SO impressed with their work and the time they took to get to know us and share information with us before we even decided to go with them. Our engagement and wedding photographs are truly... Read More beautiful. Mike captured us as a couple as well as our love for each other so well. He also did an amazing job at capturing the personalities of everyone in our wedding party as well as the party as a collective group. Not only are the photographs breathtaking, but Mike, Jill, Elizabeth, and Amanda were all great to work with. I was also very impressed by the turn around time for photos. There's a reason they have been in business in the KC area for so long, because of the quality of service as well as photographs. Thank you so much for capturing some of our most cherished memories. We will definitely return for more photographs the future!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Ashley H

Mike & Amanda were AMAZING!!! Our pictures turned out so good!!! We couldn't be more pleased!!! Only issue is deciding which pictures we want!!! Too many good options!!! I would recommend Freeland Photography to any bride/groom or family. We have used them for family photos... Read More in years past and had great experiences. They great with kids!!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Grace R

Our wedding was this past June, and Freeland Photography did an amazing job! They treated me like a person, not just like another customer; they were excited about being a part of my wedding. My husband is in the army, and picking a day that he could be there for was difficult,... Read More but Freeland Photography was so patient with us and didn't pressure us about the date. And when the day came, they were right on time with great ideas, and they even helped calm my wedding day nerves. I couldn't be happier with the photos they took and the amazing customer service they gave us! Recommend 100%

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Sarah R

We really enjoyed working with Freeland Photography’s Mike Freeland and Elizabeth for our wedding. They were always very professional and still friendly, helping to keep us relaxed throughout all of our photos. They were great at getting candid shots and shots of our friends... Read More and family. Their time management (and management of families) for our family shots during our cocktail hour was very impressive as well. We also really appreciated Mike’s attention to detail and his efforts to coordinate with our other vendors to make the day go smoothly. Finally, they did a great job of getting all of our “wish list” shots that we wanted. We now are very happy with our collection of pictures from our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Miranda B

Freeland photography is flawless. My husband and I used them for our engagement and wedding photos, and we are confident we will forever use them for all of our photography needs. We had the pleasure of working most directly with Mike, and he couldn't have been more incredible... Read More in every way. Not only does he have the most AMAZING eye for jaw-dropping pictures, but he is so fun and personable. He made every photo shoot really enjoyable! On the day of the wedding, our whole wedding party and family were having so much fun during the photo shoot portion of the day. When we got our photos back from the wedding day, we couldn't have been more happy, they truly captured every little detail we could have ever dreamed of. We can promise you, you will not regret choosing Freeland Photography!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ashleigh P

I was beyond impressed with Freeland Photography. Amanda and another photographer shot my wedding day and they did everything in their power to make my day special and capture every moment. I had bridal photos done before the wedding and couldn't find time to drive out to their... Read More office to pick them up before the wedding (I live 30 mins away) and Mike went out of his way to meet me 10 minutes from my house so that I could have them before the wedding. They are all around very genuine people and they take pride in their work. Their passion shows up in your photos, and that's all I could ask for when capturing this special day in my life. I will definitely be using Freeland Photography again!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rachel H

I can not thank Mike and the Freeland Photography team enough for our beautiful wedding and engagement photos. They were so easy to work with and were always available to answer questions. I am absolutely in love with our wedding photos and could not have asked for better... Read More individuals to work with on the day of. I would definitely recommend Freeland Photography to friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Wieteke W

My husband and I chose Mike Freeland to be our photographer for our wedding. He did an absolutely superb job in every aspect. I posted some of the "sneak preview" pictures on Facebook, and I've never been so popular. ;) The pictures look absolutely stunning. Mike was... Read More professional, friendly, easy going, unobtrusive (but able to capture intimate moments), and fun to have at our wedding. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an affordable wedding photographer. :)

2016-10-05T12:02:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review and kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

Freeland photography was incredible! A very professional and well organized team. They helped my wedding day go smooth and stress free. Everyone was so personable, as if they were a part of my very own family! I felt so close to them. They made my day all about me and my... Read More husband. They were on top of everything. Timing was perfect but I never felt rushed. Every moment captured was flawless. Even when the stresses of a wedding day arose, they were not flustered or taken off gaurd by others actions. But handled the situation so well it was as if nothing was wrong at all. Their personalities were awesome! Always smiling and fun. Making the wedding party laugh and enjoy, what to some is awkward picture taking. I can't say enough good things about this company! I highly recommend them to any and all! Two thumbs up and a GREAT thanks to making my day PERFECT! Mike Freeland you are the best!

2016-10-05T12:02:43 Response from the vendor

You made us feel like family as well!

Freeland Crew

We are diverse group of individuals that share the love of photography. When we are not shooting or editing weddings we enjoy going to Royals games, exit rooms and Worlds of Fun with the occasional trip to Las Vegas. With 20 years of experience behind us our team is the most experienced in the Kansas City area. Our passion to capture the images that tell your story sets us apart from any other group of photographers.