The Knot Best of Weddings 2017

Your traditions, Your emotions, Our profession. At Freeland Photography, we capture the story of your day while seamlessly blending into the environment. We have photographed over 1,000 weddings and are the most experienced and trusted professional wedding photographers in the area. Contact us today to schedule a time to meet and discuss your wedding day, and see our most recent work at our studio in Downtown Lee's Summit. All wedding packages include full resolution final images (print release included!) within 3 weeks of the wedding date along with social media files for sharing. We do our own editing, which helps us maintain the Freeland quality our clients expect.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

320 SE Douglas, Lee's Summit, MO (816) 272-5625

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Kristine H

My wedding photos are just amazing! Freeland Photography captured every moment beautifully! I chose Freeland because all of their photos were bright, unique and not the cheesy typical wedding poses. I loved that they paired us with our photographer Amanda for our engagement... Read More photos and then she was also our photographer for our wedding. I was very nervous about taking photos and feeling awkward, but Amanda was so sweet and easy to work with that we actually had a ton of fun taking all of our photos. She is so talented behind the camera and captured moments we'll cherish forever! We have so many wonderful photos to choose from! We had an absolutely HUGE wedding party, but it was no problem at all! Thank you so much Amanda & Freeland!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Kayla N

I cannot recommend Freeland Photography highly enough. Mike and his staff were committed to getting beautiful, natural shots and went above and beyond to accommodate our large wedding party and family. Our wedding was in November, and Mike and Faith drove all over Kansas City... Read More with us to capture the fall colors and golden hour. In every location, they were ready to maximize all aspects of their environment to create truly unique photos. For example, they seamlessly transitioned from capturing the evening light and golden foliage on the lawn of the Nelson Atkins museum to festive Christmas photos in the decorated parlor of the Brass on Baltimore. The results were stunning. They were more than just photos: each image is a work of art unto itself.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Emily T

We planned our Liberty, MO wedding from Austin, TX so finding vendors that we could trust was really important to us. Working with Freeland Photography was an absolute dream from the first phone call to getting all of our images. Mike Freeland was our photographer for the... Read More wedding day and he did my bridal portrait session a few days before the big day as well. From the moment I met Mike I knew that we would be in good hands. He instantly put me at ease and I really enjoyed the experience of having my portraits done. For the wedding day, Mike had spent some time to scope out some great places to take pictures with our bridal party; I appreciated the extra effort to ensure that we got lots of different kinds of shots. I feel like he and his 2nd photographer, Tammie, were able to capture the excitement of the day and the precious moments that would have otherwise been missed in all the hustle and bustle of getting married! The sweetest surprise was when I walked into my reception and Mike had printed one of the images from my portrait session, framed it, and set it on the guest book table. Mike and Tammie got lots of pictures at the reception but were also consummate professionals. They were never "in the way" or trying to "force" any shots. Best of all, they got our images to us weeks earlier than we were expecting. I know brides who have waited months to see their wedding pictures; getting those images to us so quickly is one of those details that separates the good from the exceptional. Here's the thing about your wedding day: it really will go by so quickly and you will not remember a lot of it. After all that money is spent and the party is over, your pictures are what will help you relive the most exciting day of your life (so far, anyway). Make sure you hire professionals to capture these moments; you really can't get any better than Freeland Photography.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 ashton p

I cannot thank Mike and his staff enough for capturing my wedding day! After an unfortunate situation with another photographer, Freeland Photography stepped up and exceeded any and all expectations. Our entire day went so well and was captured perfectly because of them! All of... Read More the wedding guests were impressed and told me "your pictures were beautiful, it's like your photographer was there capturing everything that happened." I am so impressed with their professionalism as well as their ability to perfectly capture such a special day! Thanks Freeland Photography!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Laura V

Amanda and her assistant took wonderful pictures in a very unobtrusive manner at my September wedding. We had hundreds of photos to choose from, and we love our album. They even brought a drone and got some awesome pictures from above. The whole experience was great!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Bailey D

Mike captured our wedding day perfectly! We came up with lots of spur of the moment photo ideas and he perfected them all. We are so in love with our pictures. It takes a couple months to get them but it was so worth the wait. A member of our wedding party was sick the day of... Read More our wedding and Mike made sure they were comfortable through all the photos.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Whitney S

Mike Freeland and photographer Faith exceeded our expectations on every level possible. When looking for photographers we met with quite a few different ones and we felt the most connected to Mike. He shot both our engagement pictures and wedding photos. It was important to us... Read More to include our dogs in the engagement shots and he was fantastic with this. The attention to detail, capturing who we are as couple, getting all of the requested shots (family members, etc) and making our wedding look amazing were just a few things that Mike and his team did well. The sneak peak pictures were done in less than a week. His staff is incredibly professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The communication and responsiveness exceeded my expectations. My husband and I will use Freeland Photography for any and all professional photography needs in the future. If you choose Freeland Photography, you will not regret it !

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Lauren B

Freeland Photography was the first vendor that I booked for our wedding, because I was SO impressed with their work and the time they took to get to know us and share information with us before we even decided to go with them. Our engagement and wedding photographs are truly... Read More beautiful. Mike captured us as a couple as well as our love for each other so well. He also did an amazing job at capturing the personalities of everyone in our wedding party as well as the party as a collective group. Not only are the photographs breathtaking, but Mike, Jill, Elizabeth, and Amanda were all great to work with. I was also very impressed by the turn around time for photos. There's a reason they have been in business in the KC area for so long, because of the quality of service as well as photographs. Thank you so much for capturing some of our most cherished memories. We will definitely return for more photographs the future!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Ashley H

Mike & Amanda were AMAZING!!! Our pictures turned out so good!!! We couldn't be more pleased!!! Only issue is deciding which pictures we want!!! Too many good options!!! I would recommend Freeland Photography to any bride/groom or family. We have used them for family photos... Read More in years past and had great experiences. They great with kids!!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Grace R

Our wedding was this past June, and Freeland Photography did an amazing job! They treated me like a person, not just like another customer; they were excited about being a part of my wedding. My husband is in the army, and picking a day that he could be there for was difficult,... Read More but Freeland Photography was so patient with us and didn't pressure us about the date. And when the day came, they were right on time with great ideas, and they even helped calm my wedding day nerves. I couldn't be happier with the photos they took and the amazing customer service they gave us! Recommend 100%

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Sarah R

We really enjoyed working with Freeland Photography’s Mike Freeland and Elizabeth for our wedding. They were always very professional and still friendly, helping to keep us relaxed throughout all of our photos. They were great at getting candid shots and shots of our friends... Read More and family. Their time management (and management of families) for our family shots during our cocktail hour was very impressive as well. We also really appreciated Mike’s attention to detail and his efforts to coordinate with our other vendors to make the day go smoothly. Finally, they did a great job of getting all of our “wish list” shots that we wanted. We now are very happy with our collection of pictures from our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Miranda B

Freeland photography is flawless. My husband and I used them for our engagement and wedding photos, and we are confident we will forever use them for all of our photography needs. We had the pleasure of working most directly with Mike, and he couldn't have been more incredible... Read More in every way. Not only does he have the most AMAZING eye for jaw-dropping pictures, but he is so fun and personable. He made every photo shoot really enjoyable! On the day of the wedding, our whole wedding party and family were having so much fun during the photo shoot portion of the day. When we got our photos back from the wedding day, we couldn't have been more happy, they truly captured every little detail we could have ever dreamed of. We can promise you, you will not regret choosing Freeland Photography!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ashleigh P

I was beyond impressed with Freeland Photography. Amanda and another photographer shot my wedding day and they did everything in their power to make my day special and capture every moment. I had bridal photos done before the wedding and couldn't find time to drive out to their... Read More office to pick them up before the wedding (I live 30 mins away) and Mike went out of his way to meet me 10 minutes from my house so that I could have them before the wedding. They are all around very genuine people and they take pride in their work. Their passion shows up in your photos, and that's all I could ask for when capturing this special day in my life. I will definitely be using Freeland Photography again!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rachel H

I can not thank Mike and the Freeland Photography team enough for our beautiful wedding and engagement photos. They were so easy to work with and were always available to answer questions. I am absolutely in love with our wedding photos and could not have asked for better... Read More individuals to work with on the day of. I would definitely recommend Freeland Photography to friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Wieteke W

My husband and I chose Mike Freeland to be our photographer for our wedding. He did an absolutely superb job in every aspect. I posted some of the "sneak preview" pictures on Facebook, and I've never been so popular. ;) The pictures look absolutely stunning. Mike was... Read More professional, friendly, easy going, unobtrusive (but able to capture intimate moments), and fun to have at our wedding. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an affordable wedding photographer. :)

2016-10-05T12:02:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review and kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

Freeland photography was incredible! A very professional and well organized team. They helped my wedding day go smooth and stress free. Everyone was so personable, as if they were a part of my very own family! I felt so close to them. They made my day all about me and my... Read More husband. They were on top of everything. Timing was perfect but I never felt rushed. Every moment captured was flawless. Even when the stresses of a wedding day arose, they were not flustered or taken off gaurd by others actions. But handled the situation so well it was as if nothing was wrong at all. Their personalities were awesome! Always smiling and fun. Making the wedding party laugh and enjoy, what to some is awkward picture taking. I can't say enough good things about this company! I highly recommend them to any and all! Two thumbs up and a GREAT thanks to making my day PERFECT! Mike Freeland you are the best!

2016-10-05T12:02:43 Response from the vendor

You made us feel like family as well!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Rachel K

Amanda and her team were wonderful! They took great photos and were awesome to work with. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married.

2016-08-03T19:27:02 Response from the vendor

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. Amanda is a very talented photographer. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 The Veil K C

Your photographer is with you ALL day. It is very important that they are easy going, and fun to be around. Amanda and Jeremy from Freeland photography were just that! As a Day of Coordinator I see good and bad. They had the bride and groom smiling NATURAL smiles. And went with... Read More the flow to make the day run as smooth as possible when things had to be changed. Bravo! I hope to work with you all again very soon!

2016-05-25T12:09:15 Response from the vendor

I'm sure you do see it all. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our photographers. Freeland Crew

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Tony M

Wedding planning is quite a task and we knew that photography would be one of the most important decisions to make. When we first met Michael Freeland we immediately felt a personal connection and at ease with him and could tell that he had a passion for capturing the best... Read More images and memories for our special day. Choosing Freeland Photography was the easiest and best decision we made. Michael and his assistant photographer, Angela, were so wonderful to work with. They both gave us direction, laughed with us and knew how to ease our anxieties and they were very patient with us and our family. You can really tell that Michael and Angela love what they do and it shows through the images they’ve captured. We could not be more thrilled with our choice to work with Freeland Photography. They truly made our wedding day even more special and we will enjoy the images for the rest of our lives.

2016-05-25T12:05:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We know there are a lot of options for photography, so we truly appreciate you choosing Freeland Photography to capture your day. Freeland Crew

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Kyla M

I can't say enough good things about Freeland Photography. They are AMAZING at what they do! It is definitely worth every single penny. We had April and Amanda shoot our wedding (April shot our engagement photos as well) - they were so easy and FUN to work with! April was... Read More absolutely amazing - she is hilarious, makes you laugh and shoots the pictures at the right angles, the right time, the right light, the right location - she is just amazing at what she does! She will make a non-photogenic person extremely photogenic. She looks at all the details of what would make your pictures look the best, and she does not get the job done until she knows you are happy! She listened to all our our wants and needs, and she answered any questions we had and made time for us when we needed it. I could say the same about Amanda! The entire Freeland crew is wonderful. And better yet, we LOVED every single one of our wedding photos - and now we have them forever to cherish! We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

2016-05-25T12:23:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The two of you are a beautiful couple, inside and out! Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day. Freeland Crew

perfectly amazing!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Samantha H

Words can not say enough how amazing this team was! Amanda and Tiffany were very professional but also fun and exciting the whole day! They were not just there for the job, they truly put their heart into what they do and made our day filled with love and happiness. NO stress,... Read More and worked with our schedule, caught the most amazing photos, and gave us memories to last a lifetime! I can say choosing Freeland was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We will be life long clients of Freeland Photography!!!

EXCELLENT!

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Melissa T

When we started planning our wedding, we felt the photos were the most important to us. It was the one piece of that day we would have forever and we would look at all the time. When we found Mike Freeland I knew we were in good hands. He's been involved in the wedding... Read More industry for many years and he knows what he is doing. His knowledge and expertise were such a blessing to us. I've had 4 friends who had used him as well and have fabulous things to say too. Mike was calm, organized, prepared, so nice to be around (which is a big deal on your wedding day) and he truly took care of us. All the little details he was totally on top of. Our photos are GORGEOUS and if I did it all over again I'd choose Mike every time.

Freeland is the best!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Evan V

Amanda was PERFECT! They kept the day running smoothly and made sure we got all of the photos we wanted and more. Looking back at our photos brings back the amazing emotions of the day... Thank you for capturing this for us!

Timeless and Affordable

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Bethany L

We were looking for photos with a timeless look, not all posed or traditional, and affordable. With Freeland, we were able to accomplish all three goals. My husband does not like to have photos taken, so I was pleased to see the genuine smiles and all of the little moments they... Read More were able to capture on our day. Our package included digital images with print release, so we can continue to use our images in many ways for years to come. We loved the people from our first visit and their website makes post-production sharing and purchases very convenient.

Freeland

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Samantha P

I am so pleased with Freeland Photography. They were very flexible during my special day. Their work was excellent and would use them again for any event!.

Freeland Crew

We are diverse group of individuals that share the love of photography. When we are not shooting or editing weddings we enjoy going to Royals games, exit rooms and Worlds of Fun with the occasional trip to Las Vegas. With 20 years of experience behind us our team is the most experienced in the Kansas City area. Our passion to capture the images that tell your story sets us apart from any other group of photographers.