Frost It Cakery

Founded in 2011 by Lesley Bodwell & Rhonda Santora, Frost It Cakery specializes in gourmet wedding cakes, specialty desserts and more. Everything we make, is baked fresh, onsite daily, from scratch. We use only the highest quality ingredients including hand picked, organic fruits from our local Famers' Markets. With passion and a pinch of sugar, this dynamic duo is nothing short of sweet! Combining artistry & culinary perfection, they are leading the way in delicious delicacies. From wedding cakes to dessert bars, these ladies are always on trend & never short on taste. Unique, custom designs will coordinate beautifully with any event. These ladies have been featured in numerous wedding blogs such as Style Me Pretty, & Ruffled. As well as print ~ Flutter Magazine & Magnolia Rouge.

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1341 E Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA (805) 379-0390

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Lauren K

My husband and I ordered a three tier cake from Frost It for our wedding and could not be happier with what we received! From the start when we did our tasting, Lesley was so welcoming and fun to work with--always super responsive via email as well! We asked for part semi-naked,... Read More part-marbled fondant since we couldn't decide on what we liked best, and I was a little unsure of how it would turn out. It looked SO beautiful!! And of course tasted amazing. It was delivered on time and set with the cake flowers we left--everything was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding cake experience. Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Sarah K

Frost It did an amazing job on our wedding cake! We knew we wanted a semi-naked cake and that we wanted to stick to our fall theme (we got married in November). When we did our tasting, my husband and I were a little disappointed that Frost It didn't offer any unusual cake... Read More flavors outside the more typical wedding cake flavors of vanilla, red velvet, chocolate, lemon, etc. However, when I mentioned to Lesley that we were looking for something fall-like, she said that they did have a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting that we could do. I jumped on it, because that was exactly what we wanted. On our wedding day, the cake was gorgeous. It was indeed semi-naked with decorations from our florist. More importantly, it was delicious! I was worried it would be dry, since I hear that could happen with naked cakes, but it was absolutely perfect. I have a huge sweet tooth and am an amateur baker, so I am discerning when I comes to baked goods. This passed every test and I enjoyed a huge piece at our wedding that my husband let me cut!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Kim K

We are so happy with our experience with Frost It for our wedding in September. We ordered a three tiered cake and it was not only exactly the look we wanted, but tasted delicious too. Lesley was lovely to work with, from the time we had our tasting all the way to the wedding... Read More day. She helped think through a couple of different ideas and was patient as we made a final decision. We decided on a three tier, semi-naked cake, the bottom tier being chocolate and the top two tiers carrot cake. The fact that we wanted the chocolate to show was a bit new for Frost It, but it turned out beautifully. We loved the unique look and once the flowers were placed, it was just perfection. From their varied portfolio and our experience, it seems Frost It can do anything.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Ally S

All around a great experience from the cake tasting to day of. We even ended up adding brownie bites and lemon bars to our order which were both delicious.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Lyndi V

We used Frost It Cakery for our wedding cake on March 11, and it was absolutely stunning. Being from the south, my now husband and I were looking for a particular flavor of cake, white velvet, and it turned out to be almost impossible to find in LA. But Frost It had it, and it... Read More was so so delicious. We got so many compliments on not only how beautiful our cake was (which it was gorgeous), but also how absolutely delicious it was. Even people who said they don't like wedding cake really enjoyed it. The staff was extremely professional, and everything ran very smoothly. We were very happy with Frost It Cakery's service.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Ruby H

If you're looking for your wedding cake, do not go anywhere else! Frost It did a phenomenal job! They brought my vision to life and I was so incredibly happy with the results! I requested a fairly unique cake. Three tier, ombre, semi-naked, with chocolate drizzled all over with... Read More flowers cascading down. When we had our tasting, it was so difficult to choose because everything tasted so good! We finally decided on chocolate with raspberry mousse filling, red velvet with cream cheese filling, and white velvet with salted caramel filling. It was exquisite! So many of our guests told us how delicious the cake was, they went back for seconds! I couldn't be happier and Lesley was so great and helpful along the way! Thank you soooo much!!! WE LOVED IT!!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Zennia H

Lesley and her team at Frost It Cakery made our wedding cake unique and unforgettable. We came to Lesley with a Pinterest photo of what we would like to have as our wedding cake and she was able to make a photo into a reality and make it taste delicious to boot! Our tasting... Read More session with her felt personalized and she answered all of our questions. She even let us rent a cake table from her – which added an additional level of design on the cake that we loved!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Jenny T

Frost it Cakery has the most beautiful cakes I ever seen! They definitely stand out from any other cakery in Southern California. We had chosen a hexagonal cake and it was gorgeous! Leslie and her team were able to customize it by putting our initials. It was also very... Read More delicious! We also ordered several cupcakes, mini tarts, donuts, and cheesecake. Unfortunately we weren't able to try any since everyone ate them all! I guess that's how great they were! :)

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Allison S

Frost It did a cupcake buffet for our wedding. We also rented the stands from them and had them do the dessert set up. First of all, the cupcake set up looked amazing! Most importantly, the cupcakes were delicious. I am not kidding when I say I had guests texting me for days... Read More after the wedding telling us how amazing the cupcakes were. I highly recommend Frost It for your wedding dessert needs!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kenda P

We ordered a dessert bar from Frost It Cakery for our wedding. The mini cheesecakes and mini pies were especially delicious, but we loved all of our array of desserts. And our one-layer cake was designed just as we ordered. I highly recommend using Frost It Cakery, especially if... Read More you’re looking for a wider range of wedding desserts.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Courtney M

Frost It Cakery was great to work with! Our cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted even better. They also did our dessert bar - we ordered hand pies, lemon bars and brownie bites - all of which were a hit. Leslie and team were wonderful to work with and super helpful! Would... Read More highly recommend Frost It.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Brittany M

We LOVED Frost It, and so did our guests! We ordered cake, cupcakes, and mini hand pies, and they were all such a hit! Lesly and her team are so easy to work with. We showed them some inspiration photos, and they matched it to a tee! They have a cute little shop, and lots of... Read More beautiful displays to choose from. And delicious desserts of course! Highly recommend Frost It!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Monica A

Loved working with Frost It! They were amazing. I sent Lesley A LOT of pictures of what I wanted my dessert table to look like, and they pulled off something better than I could have imagined. And the desserts were fantastic (Macaroons and Brownie Bites were my favorite, and my... Read More husband loved the mini pies). They cake was great, and looked stunning. They did a phenomenal job, I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Alexandra P

Frost It Cakery did an amazing job with our wedding cake and dessert. We had a smaller buttercream cake with chocolate chip cookies, brownies and snickerdoodles. We found Frost It on Yelp and they were close to our venue so we did a tasting. The tasting is $25 but they apply... Read More that to your final balance if you book with them which is more than fair. We knew we were going to book them half way through the tasting. The owner, Lesley, is just awesome and so helpful. She helps estimate how many servings based on the number of people you will have at your wedding. Of course, I got nervous a few days before the wedding and added more cookies and brownies, over what she recommended, and we definitely had left overs. So listen to her on quantities, she knows her stuff. They set everything up without a hassle, in fact, we didn't even see them the day of the wedding. Everyone loved the cake and desserts. I can't recommend them enough for a wedding or special event! Thanks Lesley and Frost It Cakery!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Heather H

We went with a dessert bar at our wedding, and used Frost It for three cakes. Lesley was so helpful getting outer ideas set for each cake, keeping them similar enough on the outside, but very different cakes and fillings. They were devoured! Everyone loved the different flavors... Read More we went with.

Perfect Cake for us!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Quinn N

We could not be more happy with our wedding cake. It was GORGEOUS and even more beautiful than I had imagined. I HIGHLY recommended Frost it. Leslie is SO easy to work with - she was able to take into account my budget and design a cake based on all my specifications. She made... Read More the whole process super easy for me - I never once had to worry about the cake logistics because I felt confident that it was covered. Everything from the consultation appt (LOVE this adorable office!) has been picture perfect. You will love them. HIGH RECOMMENDATION!

Absolutely Gorgeous Cake!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kristen O

Frost It Cakery did an unbelievable job putting together our cake. We walked in for our tasting and they were more than ready for us! We were offered a beverage than escorted to the tasting where they had everything displayed and ready to go. We got to try 4 different types... Read More of cake with a brainstorm of what we were thinking creativity wise. They wrote down every single idea and nailed it! It was exactly what we were envisioning and will remember it forever :)

Beautiful work, tasty to boot and fantastic customer service!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Frost It! They were professional, innovative, receptive to feedback, patient with a bride who changed her mind more than once, prompt in all of their communications, reasonably priced and so incredibly kind. They absolutely went out... Read More of their way to make sure that my husband and I were happy with all of our selections, they made everything look beautiful AND it was delicious! Frost It did my cake and dessert bar and I could not have been happier that we selected them to help us make our big day perfect. A million thank you's for a fantastic job!

Dessert Table & Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Christine S

I absolutely loved Frost It Cakery and would use them again in a heart beat! They are friendly, caring, and they love what they do! I came across them at my venue's open house. Instead of having one big cake, I wanted a small cake and variety of desserts. Frost It had tons... Read More to choose from and was very delicious! They are very talented and listen to what you want! I definitely would recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Elena U

Not only was our cake so beautifully done, it was absolutely delicious. We knew from the tasting appointment that Frost It made amazing cakes. I wish I was able to enjoy more of it on the wedding night, but guests loved it and they designed it perfectly. I provided my own fresh... Read More flowers and they put them on for me as well. Definitely recommend!!

Good cake

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Kelsey G

When we did our consultation we felt very happy with Frost It. However, we called twice to check on our cake and they acted like they had no idea who we were. Then the week of the wedding they called to say we did not finish paying for the cake. My fiancé spent a day figuring... Read More out their mistake because we had the receipt. They did not apologize. The cake was good.

Reviewed on 1/28/2014 Brianna P

Holy Moly!! The almond cake was amazing!! The guests loved it, and I've still been having bites weekly from the leftovers! The created exactly what I had imagined and couldn't have been happier!!

Reviewed on 4/20/2012 Christin T

April and the staff at Frost It! Cafe are wonderful! I saw the wedding cake I wanted and showed her and they made it even more perfect than I could have ever imagined! Not to mention, it was delicious! Also... we went a little crazy and wanted an Arkansas Razorback shaped... Read More cake. We were a little worried how it would turn out, but it turned out to be even more amazing and perfect than we ever thought it would be! Frost It! is great! Awesome quality, service, and looks! :)

Reviewed on 11/23/2011 Janine P

This lovely little bakery is truly a diamond in the rough! We met with the head Pastry Chef, April and were blown away by her positive attitude, neverending professionalism, and her wonderful cake recipes! We had the most delicious chocolate cake with moca coffe filling,... Read More strawberry with strawberry filling, and german chocolate to try. We loved them all so much, we had all three types in our wedding! I've been to some weddings that had cakes that looked good, but only tasted like dry pound cake. I'm so glad we had our cake from Frost It Cafe! Not only did it look AMAZING, but tasted even better!