Gabelli Studio Photography & Cinema

Here at Gabelli Studio, we work with you to make you wedding dream come true. You take so much time planning and preparing for the Big Day, and we want to be there to capture your memories, moments, and details. Your photos will last a lifetime, and be handed down from generation, to generation.

Engagement

89b4bce0 bda6 4223 b3d9 9d3775a488c9~rs 100
F412b66b d91a 408d 92ec 1755c3bf8322~rs 100

250 Pompton Avenue, Verona, NJ (973) 239-2420

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Katie R

Where do I begin? Having to choose someone photograph the most important day of your life can challenging....but not after we met John and his team from Gabelli Studios! From the initial meeting, I knew my wedding photos and wedding day were in great hands! John and Jim both... Read More photographed our wedding and we could not be more pleased with their professionalism and being experts at their craft!! For some, it might be a little awkward or uncomfortable to be photographed (especially the kissing part! Lol!) but John and Jim are so awesome to work with that it made it fun!!!! Everyone in the office is also great! Christina is the best and made sure our day/night was organized and perfect!! I look forward to working with others when we get back our proofs and start to choose our album!! Do yourself a favor and hire Gabelli Studios to photograph your wedding, party, whatever event you have! You will not be disappointed....it was the best decision we made!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Lisa R

The moment I stepped into the Gabelli studio, I knew that John and his team would be exactly what I was looking for. I never considered myself to be photogenic until I had my engagement shots done with John. My soon to be husband and I were at such ease and had so much fun... Read More during our photo session. John made the whole process so much fun and was so creative with the way he had us pose in addition he was so great with understanding that we really wanted our shots to be done at the restaurant where we had our first date. Christine, John’s assistant is one of the loveliest people that I have ever come across. She is always available for anything that I needed in addition to giving the best advise as she crafted our save the dates. I received countless calls and texts in regards to how beautiful our save the dates were and how talented the Gabelli team is. On the day of my wedding , John and his assistant Jim made my wedding party so relaxed and we had nothing but fun during our pictures. I truly believe that photos are the biggest part of a wedding and an investment since they last forever. Every bride wants a beautiful sunny day for their wedding and even if it rained on my wedding day, I knew that John would be able to capture us in the best light and capture who my husband and I are. The Gabelli team made my dreams come true. I cannot wait to continue my relationship with them as I want the team to capture every milestone of our lives

The absolute BEST photography, EVER!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Kristin G

Edit: Our wedding was on 8/1/15 and we really can't put into words about how absolutely incredible John & his entire team are. From day one it has been an absolute pleasure to work with them. All of my questions, e-mails, phone calls were always answered promptly with such... Read More enthusiasm and respect. I felt like I had known them for years. They are professional, brilliant, kind hearted & compassionate; just the best in the business. Our wedding day was filled with lots of laughter thanks to John and we truly couldn't have picked anyone else. We can't wait to see our proofs and we are looking forward to using this company for years to come. We love each and everyone of you, and cannot thank you enough for truly making our wedding day a fairytale come true. Love you all!!!! -------------------------- While searching for our wedding photographer, the task wasn't easy. In fact, it was the last thing my fiance and I left on our to do list. For months, we researched and contacted many photographers in our area, but none of them left us in amazement. However, that all changed once we met with John. Upon our first meeting, we knew Gabelli Studio would photograph our wedding. John's work is phenomenal & we knew we couldn't have anyone else photograph our wedding. John and his staff are absolutely amazing. They are a group of talented, hard working, caring individuals who truly care for their clients. Every question and every e-mail I had was answered with honesty, love and concern. We just had our engagement session & we are beyond thrilled. John made us feel so comfortable, like we had known him for years and THAT'S what is so important! We are looking forward to our wedding & all our future photography needs because we are truly blessed to have found such a wonderful company, as well as wonderful individuals. Gabelli Studio is the absolute BEST. You will not find their quality and care anywhere else. It won't stop at our wedding, because I know we will be coming back to Gabelli Studio in the future!!! We love you guys!!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Monica T

We truly believe that the day wouldn't have been so smooth if it wasn't for Gabelli. Jim and John, and the whole crew were magical and SO professional and made us feel relaxed, comfortable, and chuckle on the most whirlwind day of our lives. We got married in Asbury park and... Read More I know taking pictures on a busy boardwalk is chaotic, but Gabelli made it look easy. We are both on cloud nine and cannot wait to see the shots!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Stacey P

Gabelli did the most amazing job photographing our wedding. They caught so many amazing moments without us even being aware and the quality of photos we got back are truly off the charts. They were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. Christina, in the office,... Read More is so helpful, kind and responsive. John and Dan photographed our wedding, they worked seamlessly with everyone and when our wedding was delayed due to rain, Dan stayed far later than he needed to and was able to get so many memorable shots toward the end of the night. I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jessica L

There are truly not enough stars to rate the work of Gabelli Studio/Cinema! They are the ultimate dream team! My husband and I heard about Gabelli through our venue, Pleasantdale Chateau (most beautiful venue in the world). We knew Gabelli is amazing since they were... Read More recommended to us by Pleasantdale. We contacted Gabelli to inquire about wedding photography and videography and set up a meeting with Christina, studio manager. Christina is a pleasure to work with! She discussed photography and videography package options with us, and showed us what is truly work of art. We saw the most beautiful albums and framed photos we have ever seen and ever will see. We were truly blown away by what we saw. Christina was very attentive to our needs and desires, and made sure that we were happy with our choices. For example, there are a lot of video options, all which are great choices. Christina made arrangements for my husband and I to view various videos so that we could have a better idea of how awesome our video can be. We decided to book our wedding photography and videography with Gabelli and we are beyond thrilled that we did! We decided to include an engagement shoot in our package. We thought it would be fun to get to know John (our primary photographer) a bit before our big day. What better way to do this than to have an engagement shoot with him? Our engagement shoot was so much fun! John is a pleasure to work with! He's fun, charismatic, funny, sweet, and the absolute best photographer! A lot of people think they have the best photographer ever, but I know I had the best photographer ever! Consider photography and videography one of your areas to splurge. Your wedding comes and goes much too quickly and you will have your photos and video forever. Why not hold onto the finest products of photography and videography? In searching for photographers and videographers, look no further than Gabelli. They are truly the best in the busniness and an absolute pleasure to work with! They not only beautifully photographed and recorded our wedding day/night, they went out of their way to assure that our needs and desires were met even if unrelated to their work. For example, at one point John asked us if we would like to take a little break for water, wine, snack, restroom, etc. I decided to have a glass of water and John poured me a glass of water before my bridal attendant could have a chance to. Thank you to the dream team, John, Jim, Mike, Carlos, and Christina for capturing our very special day!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Janet K

It was an absolute pleasure to work with John and the rest of the crew at Gabelli. He was able to get to know us from the engagement shoot, which made the day of the wedding comfortable, fun, and easy. John took the time to learn all of the names of the bridal party so they felt... Read More comfortable with him as well. He remembered all of the must have pictures and through out the night made sure that we got them all. We wouldn't have chosen or trusted anyone else for our special day.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Victoria S

We could not be more thrilled to have chosen John Bacolo and Gabelli Studios for our photography and videography for our wedding on June 3rd 2017 at the Pleasantdale Chateau. From our first meeting, through our wedding day, we never had a doubt that we had chosen the best team... Read More in the business, and now, looking at our breathtaking photos we cannot even put into words how grateful we are to have chosen the Gabelli Studios team to document our wedding day. Christina, the studio manager, was so thorough and responsive to answer any and all questions we had, and made a timeline for us in advance of our day so that we knew exactly what to expect. Day of, John and the rest of the team made us feel so at ease and comfortable in front of the camera - we had so much fun taking photos, and STILL got to participate fully in our wedding day. The entire team so beautifully and artistically captured our entire day – even catching some moments with guests that we had missed. Looking through our photos was like re-living our wedding day all over again. We cannot thank you enough for everything – and we will look forward to working with you again for other milestones in our life together!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Catherine K

We used Gabelli Studio for our wedding and cannot express how amazing the whole team was to work with. We are so grateful we chose them as they went above and beyond to work closely with our venue to make sure everything went perfectly. Christina always responded to emails and... Read More calls quickly, answering any questions or concerns in detail and organizing our schedule for the day. She made the whole process go so smoothly! The day of our wedding, John and Jim made sure the whole wedding party was relaxed and had fun while taking our pictures throughout the entire day. Everyone was personable and accommodating as our wedding party was quite large! Many of the bridesmaids and groomsmen have been in multiple weddings and couldn’t get over how easy the Gabelli team was to work with. We cannot thank you enough for capturing our special day and for the memories we will have for years to come.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Lindsey C

Our wedding was only 2 weeks ago and I couldn't wait to review Gabelli! The team is amazing!!! Jim is so friendly and so easy to work with. They all had us laughing the whole day which made taking 100000 pictures so much easier! We didn't even know they were at the wedding... Read More reception because not one time were they in our faces. No one even knew we had a photographer! We had our engagement photos with Jim and they came out amazing - I can only imagine how wonderful our wedding photos will be. The team was great to work with during the whole planning process!! We love Gabelli!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Aine O

I wish I could upload my photos to this review!! They really speak for themselves. Gabelli Studio was beyond easy to work with and I love that they really take the time to listen to our needs. I have a HUGE family and our wedding had over 350 guests. Needless to say there was a... Read More lot going on. Gabelli knew I desperately wanted photos of my moms side and my fathers side before the cocktail hour. It was like herding cats but they made sure they helped me get it done! I am forever thankful that I will have these photos for generations to come! The photographers themselves were fun, warm, and professional. My bridesmaids absolutely loved them.. maybe too much! Thanks to their upbeat attitude it wasn't hard to have impromptu moments of laughter which made for perfect photos. Moreover, my husband has never been a fan of taking pictures. Yet they were able to really make him feel comfortable and boy does he look great!! The only downside to working with Gabelli is that you will absolutely love ALL OF THE PHOTOS!!! I would trust them to pick out the photos for you because once you see them all you will want them all. They have great tastes and they will make you an amazing album. I was in the middle of moving and couldn't get to them to go through the photos together so I decided to go through thousands of pictures myself. Big mistake. They were all great!!! Trust Gabelli to make your bridal party and family comfortable and to make you a wedding album you will want to look at every day for the next 70 years!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Amanda R

I cannot say enough wonderful things about John and his team. His work is stunning and he went above and beyond to keep us happy, calm, and on schedule on our big day! If you are looking for quality and excellent service Gabelli is the best choice!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Carrieann D

Gabelli captured amazing moments from our wedding day. We have a large variety of proofs to choose from and the staff has been extremely helpful. We would recommend Gabelli to anyone getting married. John & Carrieann DeVito

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Andi A

Gabelli Studio was without a doubt the best part of our wedding! From the very beginning, they were responsive to all of our emails and phone calls. They worked closely with us and our venue to make sure our pictures went perfectly. John, Michael, and Tab were on time the day of... Read More the wedding and took over 1,700 pictures! They were creative and also took any suggestions we made. Our pictures look absolutely perfect and we have gotten so many compliments on them. They felt like more than a photography studio to us; they felt like our family! I am so happy that we chose them for our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Alexia G

My husband and I chose Gabelli studios for photography and videography for our wedding. All members were very efficient and patient the entire day with all of the wedding festivities. Starting at the beginning of the day John arrived on time(not many people do) and was so great... Read More with everyone, even our furry friends! No detail goes unnoticed and they really make a point to make sure the entire day is special. I would recommend them 100%!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jessica B

My husband and I cannot put into words how amazing Gabelli Studios is. The moment we met John, the owner of Gabelli, we knew that he had to be our wedding photographer. We booked Gabelli Studio over a year in advance! He is compassionate, down to earth and incredibly... Read More talented! The entire Gabelli Staff is friendly and extremely accommodating. It was truly a pleasure to work with them. Christina is an absolute sweetheart. She answered every phone call and email so quickly. She sat with us to explain every question we had in detail. We cannot thank her enough! The day of our wedding we had John, his assistant Jim and another photographer Kyle. All of them were extremely personable, talented, accommodating and flexible. The whole Gabelli team is truly spectacular. We cannot wait to see our pictures and use Gabelli for all the years to come! Thank you from the bottom of our heart for capturing the best day of our lives. You were apart of making our wedding day a dream come true.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Sara Z

Our wedding was this past July and we could not have asked for a better photographers and videographer! There was never a doubt in our minds that they would be anything but awesome from day we met at the studio. John, our photographer was super down to earth and made us feel... Read More comfortable right from the start! Jim was our second photographer and was just as great. He was funny and easy going. We requested a few photos and they accommodated us no problem. Michael, our videographer, fantastic as well! Once the celebrations started it was like he wasn't there which was great, because the last thing you want is a huge camera in your face. You knew he was around getting all of the action but was never invasive. Christina, the studio manager was a pleasure to communicate with and put our minds at ease every time we had a question. I would hands down recommend Gabelli to anyone who wants a photographer you can trust and feel great with!! Thank you so much to everyone there!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Aimee M

Gabelli Studio was wonderful to work with. John and his crew are very professional and naturally great at what they do, and make you feel at ease and comfortable. We are so excited to see our proofs! I would definitely use them again for future special occasions.

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Lauren D

Working with Gabelli Studios was a dream from start to finish. Our engagement photos were beautiful and a great way for us to get comfortable with our photographer John. My wedding was Jan 17, 2016. John, & Jim, along with their assistant Kyle, were all amazing to work with the... Read More day of our wedding. So professional and proficient. They got all the "key/important" pics out of the way prior to start of reception and you barely even knew they were there the rest of the night! The quality of the work is amazing, and I recommended Gabelli Studios to all of my friends/peers looking for a photographer! Also Christina is SO PERSONABLE, and really allows your experience to be smooth from start to finish!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Kelly L

I used Gabelli Studios to photograph my wedding in September 2014. From my first meeting with them over the phone, they were extremely pleasant to work with. They listened to my ideas of what I wanted for my pictures and helped make the day so memorable. The two photographers... Read More for the wedding were very easy to talk to and made everyone feel very comfortable and we all had a blast taking the pictures. When I saw the proofs I was very pleased, we had the posed pictures of the family and wedding party, and great candid shots with all our guests have a blast at the reception. Working with the team to create the album was extremely easy and helpful. I was able to review what I wanted and make sure it came out perfectly. The final result was just that, perfect! I would recommend using Gabelli for your big day!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

Working with Gabelli studios was such a pleasant experience. My husband and I are completely camera shy and were not excited about the prospect of wedding photography. We were both happily surprised at the amount of fun and humor Jimmy brought to both our engagement shoot and... Read More wedding photographs, not to mention truly beautiful photographs. No one at the studio ever tried to push and fancy extras on us and were completely respectful of our taste and preferences. At the wedding, the photography team did an excellent job of being discrete but totally attentive. Our guests loved the crew and how friendly and professional they were. We really had an unexpected blast working with these guys due to our camera phobia :) Thank you Gabelli for capturing our very special day. (We love you Jimmy!!!)

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Nikki D

To the wonderfully talented Gabelli team: First of all, thank you SO MUCH for recommending Cava Winery, in Hamburg, NJ. They were AMAZING and soooo accommodating. They literally let us take over. We were inside, at the bar taking pictures with their wine barrels (haha)... Read More walking through the vineyard... SO so so accommodating. And they were closed to the public, since it was a weekday. So we didn't even have to deal with customers getting in the way. I would STRONGLY recommend using them if you have another bride interested in a similar location. Secondly, I don't think I can even find the words to describe how utterly blown away we were with Jim. To be honest, I was a bit nervous about the shoot; I am much more comfortable behind the scenes. =) Well, once we got started, I realized how easy Jim was going to make the entire day. It was actually so much fun. Justin and I can't stop talking about it and laughing about how much fun we had. I am so grateful for Jim's ability to build rapport with us so quickly to allow us to let loose and have fun, but at the same time, maintain the perfect level of professionalism. Also, we spent almost 2 hours taking photos, and I know that is not standard. We are aware of Jim's dedication to get as many shots as he could, it was obvious he was not focused on the time at all (which flew by... again, thanks to Jim!). I haven't even seen the pictures yet, but I am 10000% confident I made the right decision. I CANNOT wait for the wedding day!!!! I know Jim is going to be a breath of fresh air on what can be a very hectic/chaotic day. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Elyse K

Our wedding was on 7/25/2015. I really wasn't sure about booking with Gabelli at first because it was a little over budget, but let me tell you - it was worth every penny! From the first meeting with Jim, to finalizing details with Christina, to the quality of the pictures,... Read More everything was perfect. All of my guests commented on how many photographers we had, and how great the pictures turned out. If you want great pictures to make your special day last a lifetime, this is the place for you!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Like every Bride, their photographer is THE BEST EVER. Well, with Gabelli you can expect just that and more. Scheduling an appointment was easy. I had a conflict come up and was unable to attend the initial appointment that would determine if we would sign the contract or... Read More not. My mom went to the appointment and met with John and Jim. My mom fell in love so we went with them. She scheduled our shoot with Jim. First the engagement shoot which we had to reschedule our shoot last minute and Jim was VERY accommodating. So being a Bride and a perfectionist I was slightly nervous that I never met my photographer and he was about to shoot one of the biggest moments of my life. The pictures were breathtaking. Jim created a professional, fun, and memorable experience. Christina at Gabelli helped put our save the dates together and we came up with an unforgettable magnet. The studio is gorgeous and Lisa is a creative genius. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to work with such an amazing team!! The day of the wedding Jim arrived with his team. We also choose to have videography through Gabelli. I was running about 45 minutes late, which created some tension for everyone but the staff at Gabelli. They stayed so calm, cool, and happy throughout the whole thing. I REALLY appreciated that. The last thing you want when your already stressed on your wedding day is your vendors adding to it. They took the stress away. At the end of it all the entire Gabelli staff has become like family. Oh and their work?? PHENOMENAL and ONE OF A KIND! I loved them so much I plan to use them for any special occasion going forward :)

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Kathryn A

The people at Gabelli Studio are some of the nicest people I have ever come across. From the office manager to the photographers. With that being said, we had some good and not so good experiences with this company. The Pros The pictures and picture quality was fantastic.... Read More Every picture was beautiful. The photographers are very professional and know what they are doing. They were able to accommodate my wedding last minute, when my other photographer fell through. My pictures were developed fairly soon, so I was able to send out my thank you cards at a reasonable time. The Cons I had a fairly large wedding, and I hired 2 photographers to take pictures of both the bride and groom as well the guests. I specifically mentioned that in my questionnaire, but instead, we received too many photos of the bride and groom, and barely any photos of our guests. I wasn't able to take pictures with my extended family, grandparents, aunts. I felt like it was an expensive photo shoot of just my husband and myself. - I was very upset about this. The videographer did a good job with our video, however, it took over a year to receive the video. I was hoping to receive it at least before our one year anniversary-- but no. I know they work very hard and are very proud of the work they do. But needless to say we were both pleased and disappointed with our wedding pictures/ video.