Gabelli Studio Photography & Cinema

Here at Gabelli Studio, we work with you to make you wedding dream come true. You take so much time planning and preparing for the Big Day, and we want to be there to capture your memories, moments, and details. Your photos will last a lifetime, and be handed down from generation, to generation.

Engagement

Online Proofing

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

250 Pompton Avenue, Verona, NJ (973) 239-2420

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Katie R

Where do I begin? Having to choose someone photograph the most important day of your life can challenging....but not after we met John and his team from Gabelli Studios! From the initial meeting, I knew my wedding photos and wedding day were in great hands! John and Jim both... Read More photographed our wedding and we could not be more pleased with their professionalism and being experts at their craft!! For some, it might be a little awkward or uncomfortable to be photographed (especially the kissing part! Lol!) but John and Jim are so awesome to work with that it made it fun!!!! Everyone in the office is also great! Christina is the best and made sure our day/night was organized and perfect!! I look forward to working with others when we get back our proofs and start to choose our album!! Do yourself a favor and hire Gabelli Studios to photograph your wedding, party, whatever event you have! You will not be disappointed....it was the best decision we made!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Lisa R

The moment I stepped into the Gabelli studio, I knew that John and his team would be exactly what I was looking for. I never considered myself to be photogenic until I had my engagement shots done with John. My soon to be husband and I were at such ease and had so much fun... Read More during our photo session. John made the whole process so much fun and was so creative with the way he had us pose in addition he was so great with understanding that we really wanted our shots to be done at the restaurant where we had our first date. Christine, John’s assistant is one of the loveliest people that I have ever come across. She is always available for anything that I needed in addition to giving the best advise as she crafted our save the dates. I received countless calls and texts in regards to how beautiful our save the dates were and how talented the Gabelli team is. On the day of my wedding , John and his assistant Jim made my wedding party so relaxed and we had nothing but fun during our pictures. I truly believe that photos are the biggest part of a wedding and an investment since they last forever. Every bride wants a beautiful sunny day for their wedding and even if it rained on my wedding day, I knew that John would be able to capture us in the best light and capture who my husband and I are. The Gabelli team made my dreams come true. I cannot wait to continue my relationship with them as I want the team to capture every milestone of our lives

The absolute BEST photography, EVER!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Kristin G

Edit: Our wedding was on 8/1/15 and we really can't put into words about how absolutely incredible John & his entire team are. From day one it has been an absolute pleasure to work with them. All of my questions, e-mails, phone calls were always answered promptly with such... Read More enthusiasm and respect. I felt like I had known them for years. They are professional, brilliant, kind hearted & compassionate; just the best in the business. Our wedding day was filled with lots of laughter thanks to John and we truly couldn't have picked anyone else. We can't wait to see our proofs and we are looking forward to using this company for years to come. We love each and everyone of you, and cannot thank you enough for truly making our wedding day a fairytale come true. Love you all!!!! -------------------------- While searching for our wedding photographer, the task wasn't easy. In fact, it was the last thing my fiance and I left on our to do list. For months, we researched and contacted many photographers in our area, but none of them left us in amazement. However, that all changed once we met with John. Upon our first meeting, we knew Gabelli Studio would photograph our wedding. John's work is phenomenal & we knew we couldn't have anyone else photograph our wedding. John and his staff are absolutely amazing. They are a group of talented, hard working, caring individuals who truly care for their clients. Every question and every e-mail I had was answered with honesty, love and concern. We just had our engagement session & we are beyond thrilled. John made us feel so comfortable, like we had known him for years and THAT'S what is so important! We are looking forward to our wedding & all our future photography needs because we are truly blessed to have found such a wonderful company, as well as wonderful individuals. Gabelli Studio is the absolute BEST. You will not find their quality and care anywhere else. It won't stop at our wedding, because I know we will be coming back to Gabelli Studio in the future!!! We love you guys!!!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Aine O

I wish I could upload my photos to this review!! They really speak for themselves. Gabelli Studio was beyond easy to work with and I love that they really take the time to listen to our needs. I have a HUGE family and our wedding had over 350 guests. Needless to say there was a... Read More lot going on. Gabelli knew I desperately wanted photos of my moms side and my fathers side before the cocktail hour. It was like herding cats but they made sure they helped me get it done! I am forever thankful that I will have these photos for generations to come! The photographers themselves were fun, warm, and professional. My bridesmaids absolutely loved them.. maybe too much! Thanks to their upbeat attitude it wasn't hard to have impromptu moments of laughter which made for perfect photos. Moreover, my husband has never been a fan of taking pictures. Yet they were able to really make him feel comfortable and boy does he look great!! The only downside to working with Gabelli is that you will absolutely love ALL OF THE PHOTOS!!! I would trust them to pick out the photos for you because once you see them all you will want them all. They have great tastes and they will make you an amazing album. I was in the middle of moving and couldn't get to them to go through the photos together so I decided to go through thousands of pictures myself. Big mistake. They were all great!!! Trust Gabelli to make your bridal party and family comfortable and to make you a wedding album you will want to look at every day for the next 70 years!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Amanda R

I cannot say enough wonderful things about John and his team. His work is stunning and he went above and beyond to keep us happy, calm, and on schedule on our big day! If you are looking for quality and excellent service Gabelli is the best choice!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Carrieann D

Gabelli captured amazing moments from our wedding day. We have a large variety of proofs to choose from and the staff has been extremely helpful. We would recommend Gabelli to anyone getting married. John & Carrieann DeVito

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Andi A

Gabelli Studio was without a doubt the best part of our wedding! From the very beginning, they were responsive to all of our emails and phone calls. They worked closely with us and our venue to make sure our pictures went perfectly. John, Michael, and Tab were on time the day of... Read More the wedding and took over 1,700 pictures! They were creative and also took any suggestions we made. Our pictures look absolutely perfect and we have gotten so many compliments on them. They felt like more than a photography studio to us; they felt like our family! I am so happy that we chose them for our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Alexia G

My husband and I chose Gabelli studios for photography and videography for our wedding. All members were very efficient and patient the entire day with all of the wedding festivities. Starting at the beginning of the day John arrived on time(not many people do) and was so great... Read More with everyone, even our furry friends! No detail goes unnoticed and they really make a point to make sure the entire day is special. I would recommend them 100%!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jessica B

My husband and I cannot put into words how amazing Gabelli Studios is. The moment we met John, the owner of Gabelli, we knew that he had to be our wedding photographer. We booked Gabelli Studio over a year in advance! He is compassionate, down to earth and incredibly... Read More talented! The entire Gabelli Staff is friendly and extremely accommodating. It was truly a pleasure to work with them. Christina is an absolute sweetheart. She answered every phone call and email so quickly. She sat with us to explain every question we had in detail. We cannot thank her enough! The day of our wedding we had John, his assistant Jim and another photographer Kyle. All of them were extremely personable, talented, accommodating and flexible. The whole Gabelli team is truly spectacular. We cannot wait to see our pictures and use Gabelli for all the years to come! Thank you from the bottom of our heart for capturing the best day of our lives. You were apart of making our wedding day a dream come true.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Sara Z

Our wedding was this past July and we could not have asked for a better photographers and videographer! There was never a doubt in our minds that they would be anything but awesome from day we met at the studio. John, our photographer was super down to earth and made us feel... Read More comfortable right from the start! Jim was our second photographer and was just as great. He was funny and easy going. We requested a few photos and they accommodated us no problem. Michael, our videographer, fantastic as well! Once the celebrations started it was like he wasn't there which was great, because the last thing you want is a huge camera in your face. You knew he was around getting all of the action but was never invasive. Christina, the studio manager was a pleasure to communicate with and put our minds at ease every time we had a question. I would hands down recommend Gabelli to anyone who wants a photographer you can trust and feel great with!! Thank you so much to everyone there!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Aimee M

Gabelli Studio was wonderful to work with. John and his crew are very professional and naturally great at what they do, and make you feel at ease and comfortable. We are so excited to see our proofs! I would definitely use them again for future special occasions.

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Lauren D

Working with Gabelli Studios was a dream from start to finish. Our engagement photos were beautiful and a great way for us to get comfortable with our photographer John. My wedding was Jan 17, 2016. John, & Jim, along with their assistant Kyle, were all amazing to work with the... Read More day of our wedding. So professional and proficient. They got all the "key/important" pics out of the way prior to start of reception and you barely even knew they were there the rest of the night! The quality of the work is amazing, and I recommended Gabelli Studios to all of my friends/peers looking for a photographer! Also Christina is SO PERSONABLE, and really allows your experience to be smooth from start to finish!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Kelly L

I used Gabelli Studios to photograph my wedding in September 2014. From my first meeting with them over the phone, they were extremely pleasant to work with. They listened to my ideas of what I wanted for my pictures and helped make the day so memorable. The two photographers... Read More for the wedding were very easy to talk to and made everyone feel very comfortable and we all had a blast taking the pictures. When I saw the proofs I was very pleased, we had the posed pictures of the family and wedding party, and great candid shots with all our guests have a blast at the reception. Working with the team to create the album was extremely easy and helpful. I was able to review what I wanted and make sure it came out perfectly. The final result was just that, perfect! I would recommend using Gabelli for your big day!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

Working with Gabelli studios was such a pleasant experience. My husband and I are completely camera shy and were not excited about the prospect of wedding photography. We were both happily surprised at the amount of fun and humor Jimmy brought to both our engagement shoot and... Read More wedding photographs, not to mention truly beautiful photographs. No one at the studio ever tried to push and fancy extras on us and were completely respectful of our taste and preferences. At the wedding, the photography team did an excellent job of being discrete but totally attentive. Our guests loved the crew and how friendly and professional they were. We really had an unexpected blast working with these guys due to our camera phobia :) Thank you Gabelli for capturing our very special day. (We love you Jimmy!!!)

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Nikki D

To the wonderfully talented Gabelli team: First of all, thank you SO MUCH for recommending Cava Winery, in Hamburg, NJ. They were AMAZING and soooo accommodating. They literally let us take over. We were inside, at the bar taking pictures with their wine barrels (haha)... Read More walking through the vineyard... SO so so accommodating. And they were closed to the public, since it was a weekday. So we didn't even have to deal with customers getting in the way. I would STRONGLY recommend using them if you have another bride interested in a similar location. Secondly, I don't think I can even find the words to describe how utterly blown away we were with Jim. To be honest, I was a bit nervous about the shoot; I am much more comfortable behind the scenes. =) Well, once we got started, I realized how easy Jim was going to make the entire day. It was actually so much fun. Justin and I can't stop talking about it and laughing about how much fun we had. I am so grateful for Jim's ability to build rapport with us so quickly to allow us to let loose and have fun, but at the same time, maintain the perfect level of professionalism. Also, we spent almost 2 hours taking photos, and I know that is not standard. We are aware of Jim's dedication to get as many shots as he could, it was obvious he was not focused on the time at all (which flew by... again, thanks to Jim!). I haven't even seen the pictures yet, but I am 10000% confident I made the right decision. I CANNOT wait for the wedding day!!!! I know Jim is going to be a breath of fresh air on what can be a very hectic/chaotic day. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Elyse K

Our wedding was on 7/25/2015. I really wasn't sure about booking with Gabelli at first because it was a little over budget, but let me tell you - it was worth every penny! From the first meeting with Jim, to finalizing details with Christina, to the quality of the pictures,... Read More everything was perfect. All of my guests commented on how many photographers we had, and how great the pictures turned out. If you want great pictures to make your special day last a lifetime, this is the place for you!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Like every Bride, their photographer is THE BEST EVER. Well, with Gabelli you can expect just that and more. Scheduling an appointment was easy. I had a conflict come up and was unable to attend the initial appointment that would determine if we would sign the contract or... Read More not. My mom went to the appointment and met with John and Jim. My mom fell in love so we went with them. She scheduled our shoot with Jim. First the engagement shoot which we had to reschedule our shoot last minute and Jim was VERY accommodating. So being a Bride and a perfectionist I was slightly nervous that I never met my photographer and he was about to shoot one of the biggest moments of my life. The pictures were breathtaking. Jim created a professional, fun, and memorable experience. Christina at Gabelli helped put our save the dates together and we came up with an unforgettable magnet. The studio is gorgeous and Lisa is a creative genius. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to work with such an amazing team!! The day of the wedding Jim arrived with his team. We also choose to have videography through Gabelli. I was running about 45 minutes late, which created some tension for everyone but the staff at Gabelli. They stayed so calm, cool, and happy throughout the whole thing. I REALLY appreciated that. The last thing you want when your already stressed on your wedding day is your vendors adding to it. They took the stress away. At the end of it all the entire Gabelli staff has become like family. Oh and their work?? PHENOMENAL and ONE OF A KIND! I loved them so much I plan to use them for any special occasion going forward :)

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Kathryn A

The people at Gabelli Studio are some of the nicest people I have ever come across. From the office manager to the photographers. With that being said, we had some good and not so good experiences with this company. The Pros The pictures and picture quality was fantastic.... Read More Every picture was beautiful. The photographers are very professional and know what they are doing. They were able to accommodate my wedding last minute, when my other photographer fell through. My pictures were developed fairly soon, so I was able to send out my thank you cards at a reasonable time. The Cons I had a fairly large wedding, and I hired 2 photographers to take pictures of both the bride and groom as well the guests. I specifically mentioned that in my questionnaire, but instead, we received too many photos of the bride and groom, and barely any photos of our guests. I wasn't able to take pictures with my extended family, grandparents, aunts. I felt like it was an expensive photo shoot of just my husband and myself. - I was very upset about this. The videographer did a good job with our video, however, it took over a year to receive the video. I was hoping to receive it at least before our one year anniversary-- but no. I know they work very hard and are very proud of the work they do. But needless to say we were both pleased and disappointed with our wedding pictures/ video.

The BEST!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Ashley A

My husband and I are so happy that we decided to use Gabelli as our wedding photographers! They are absolutely amazing to work with! From the moment we met John, the owner of Gabelli, we knew that he just HAD to be our photographer! He is so nice and down to earth that he made... Read More us feel so comfortable with him right from the beginning! From getting to know us at our engagement session, to meeting with us as many times as we needed to before the wedding, he truly made us feel special! The entire staff at Gabelli is so warm and friendly, that it truly is a pleasure just talking to them. The day of our wedding, we had John, his assistant, and another photographer -- all of which were more than accommodating and flexible! The whole Gabelli team is truly the BEST!!! and we cannot wait to see our pictures from the wedding a few weeks ago!!! I just know they are going to be spectacular!!!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 marisa p

We were married this past May and Gabelli was exceptional. From day 1, John made my husband and I totally comfortable. On the day of, John and crew were laid back and professional. They were not bothersome or dragging us all over to take pictures. We felt like we didn't even... Read More know they were there and we got to enjoy every minute of the wedding. They also got us to cocktail hour on time which was very important to us! Christina R. in the office is also amazing. She answered all of my questions whenever I had them and was always so friendly and helpful. I can't wait to see the pictures and the video!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

Hiring Gabelli Studio was the best decision we made for our wedding day. Aside from the fact that they are some of the nicest people that you will ever meet in your life, their photos are amazing (natural looking and not overly-posed or overly edited). They led us through the... Read More entire process (engagement photos, booking the videographers, etc) without a hiccup and on the day of the wedding, they went above and beyond to make sure everything was right. Even my friends and family complimented the team on not only their professionalism, but also their general attitude towards the whole day. They were the ones that kept our wedding day running smooth, even though we couldn't take pictures where we had planned due to the weather. Christina, the studio manager, is an absolute gem to work with and she'll always greet you with smile. I couldn't recommend a single vendor more than I would recommend them!

Awesome Studio! Even better pictures!!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Judy P

The entire team at Gabelli Studio is amazing! From the day we went in to talk through what we were looking for in a photographer and videographer to now, a year after the wedding, they have been fantastic. Gabelli did our engagement photos, photography and videography for the... Read More wedding. They are very patient, flexible and accommodating, which every bride really needs to be comfortable on their wedding day. Jim, our main photographer for the engagement session and wedding, and Michael, our second photographer at the wedding were absolutely perfect! Jim's personality was a great match with ours so we got along really well. He knew when to give me a break (I hate taking pictures) and knew how to direct the wedding party and family to get great pictures. Family pictures were done in an hour! There were so many beautiful shots, we are having a hard time narrowing down our selection for the album. The pictures were not cheesy, wedding cookie cutter shots. He captured the moments in our wedding perfectly. Mike our videographer was also great. Funny, professional and knew how to provide good direction to get what he needed. I would highly recommend using Gabelli to anyone I know. I am definitely planning on using them again.

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHERS, AMAZING VIDEOGRAPHERS, AMAZING PEOPLE!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Lisa D

I cannot even express how amazing Gabelli Studio has been. After interviewing photographers all over NJ and NYC, I was starting to think I would never find the perfect photographer, and then I found John at Gabelli Studio. I came in on a rainy, dreary day to their beautiful... Read More studio and was greeted by wonderful Christina who always has a huge smile on her face! She automatically made me feel at home, and then I met fantastic John! After talking with him and seeing how enthusiastic he is about his work, and admiring how beautiful his work is, I knew that I had to have him as my photographer! He did my engagement shoot, my bridal shower, and my wedding, and I plan on using him for everything else I have in my life. They are truly the best photographers and videographers out there. They are also the nicest and most professional people to work with. I also was so hesitant about having a videographer and did not decide until shortly before my wedding on April 11, 2015 to have one. Gabelli never pressured me to use Jim and his crew and I was so nervous there would be wires everywhere and cameras in my face, however, I did not even notice them! They were so non-invasive and I am so glad they were there to catch every minute of my special day!! I truly can't thank Gabelli Studio enough for catching every moment of my special events and producing such beautiful work. I literally get the chills when I look at the pictures and I am so excited to share them with future generations to come. Thank you for everything!! Love, Lisa & Russell

The Best!!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Jessica H

My husband and I are so thrilled with our decision to use Gabelli Studios for our wedding photography. The entire staff at Gabelli is so awesome to work with. They are genuinely excited about your wedding and capturing the moments of your special day. Photography was very... Read More important to us and I did a lot of research on various photographers and styles. When I found John from Gabelli I was done looking. I loved every picture he took. Nothing looked too posed. His photography is very natural looking and he captures the emotions the people in the photos are feeling. His pictures will be cherished by my family and I for many years. My husband and I got married on 3/27/15. John and Jim photographed our day. They were very professional and made taking pictures so easy and fun. I have only seen a few pictures so far. Our wedding was actually featured on NJ.com and the Star Ledger. John was so nice to submit photos to the newspaper very quickly for the article. I didn't realize that the photos that were used were actually untouched photos... they looked stunning!!! I could not believe it when Christina, (who works for Gabelli and is an absolute sweetheart and pleasure to work with), told me that the photos are untouched. I was so thrilled with the untouched photos I just cannot wait to see the final product with retouched photos! I can't imagine the pictures getting anymore beautiful. John also did an engagement shoot with us with turned out amazing. We had a really fun day going to Liberty State Park and getting some awesome pictures in front of the NYC skyline! We love Gabelli studios and are so happy with their services. We highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for professional and timeless photographs for their wedding. Thank you Gabelli! - Love Jess & AJ

Beautiful images and hard-working team

Reviewed on 4/13/2015 Erica E

Gabelli Studio captured our dream wedding perfectly. Jim and his team were hardworking and made sure every shot we could think of was covered. I had always known I wanted to use them as my photographers and I was so pleased I did. I was WOWED by every frame they gave me and... Read More can’t even narrow down my favorites because there are so many. Thanks for getting all the best shots and working so hard to make sure it all looked beautiful!