Centerpieces, Vases, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

366 N Rocky Hill Rd, Galena, IL (815) 777-1819

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Alicia K

Jean is absolutely amazing. I had absolutely no idea what I wanted going into wedding planning, and she was such a huge help. Not only did she work miracles with the flowers and decor, she also gave great advice about the wedding in general. It's like she read my mind and... Read More somehow created exactly what I wanted. She was very responsive with all of my crazy emails and made me feel very comfortable about everything. Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were and they look stunning in all of the photos from the day. They fit perfectly with the vision I had in my mind for our wedding. I would definitely recommend Jean to anyone looking for a florist.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

I did not have a good experience with Jean. She knows what she is doing and has been doing this for a long time, but is VERY expensive. I am still upset at the amount of money we ended up spending on our flowers for our wedding. We changed our minds a few times on what we wanted... Read More (after seeing examples and getting things priced out) and she was not happy about it. Most of the flowers ended up looking nice on our wedding day but not at all worth the price. I would recommend picking another florist.

Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Sara L

I can't say enough great things about my wedding flowers. We got so many compliments on my bouquet, the bridesmaids and all of the reception flowers. Jean was a pleasure to work with and was always very friendly, upbeat and excited to be helping you put your wedding plans into... Read More action. She was willing to work with us to stay within our budget but not sacrifice the ideas that I had. She went above and beyond to understand the full theme and decor of our wedding and made sure everything flowed together nicely. The day of our wedding she was very accommodating and made several deliveries to ensure we weren't inconvenienced and everything was delivered on time! It was fun to share that wedding morning with her as we had been working on these ideas together all year. I would definitely recommend Jean for our flowers if you are in the Galena area.

Jean is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Lesley S

I loved working with Jean at Garden Party. Even though she broke her foot right before my wedding, everything ran so smoothly and she really went above and beyond to make my vision come to life. She even came up with this idea to have this 40 foot garland down the head table... Read More which looked AMAZING. I hope I have a chance to work with Jean in the future.

Supportive and Professional

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Caitlyn M

Jean Carlson is a wonderful florist; she really knows which plants will best achieve the look you are aiming for, works within your budget, and is knowledgeable about seasonality and locally available plants. The best thing I can say about her though is that she was the most... Read More supportive vendor we had! She would call just to check on my stress level and see how our planning was coming along. If family was disagreeing, she would side with us on any issue and take the blame to achieve the look WE wanted. She was positive and full of great ideas. The only negative was that the flowers were delivered to a different room than I had expected, but she answered immediately when my coordinator called and we quickly found them.

Amazing Florist

Reviewed on 8/10/2013 Emily S

I loved working with Jean at Garden Party! With an outdoor wedding in a location that has gardens, I didn't want to overdo my flowers. Other florists were incredibly pushy about buying more - but Jean got me exactly what I wanted and didn't push me toward anything I didn't... Read More want! I have terrible allergies and she recommended and found flowers without a heavy scent to keep my allergies in check - something I never would have thought of! The bouquets were absolutely gorgeous - I was floored when I saw them. I cannot rave enough about my experience here - everyone was incredibly accommodating. Choosing my flowers and working with Garden Party was hands down the easiest part of my wedding planning. Thank you so much!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Marie C

My flowers were inspirational. I'm not into flowers and do not even know where to start. Jean was so easy to work with and with just a few simple sentences and some things that I liked my flowers could not have been any more perfect.

Florist Extraordinaire

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Nicole A

Jean Carlson is fabulous! She took everything that I had in mind and put it to life ten fold for our wedding. She helped me turn our vision into something AMAZING! I can not say enough great things about her not just as a florist but as a kind and helpful person. She helped with... Read More every aspect of our wedding, not just the flowers. I feel blessed and honored that we were able to work with her.

simple & elegant

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Laura K

Jean @ Garden Party Florist is a pleasure to work with. She is very intuitive & knows exactly what you want without you saying it! Her experience & creative nature shine thru. Our wedding was simple & elegant. From the bouquets, flower arrangments, & petals - our... Read More wedding was simple & romantic just like I had imagined..but better! Jean is just as excited about the wedding as you are! Sit back, relax, & let her do the work! She's fantastic!

Breathtaking

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Deb M

Jean at Garden Party Florist is truly amazing. The bouqets and flower arrangements were absolutely beautiful. She is a truly talented women who is able to capture your thoughts and desires and create something that is more lovely than you imagined. The number of compliments I... Read More received on the flowers were a true compliment to Jean's work. Not only is her work inspiring, she is a genuinely caring person. Throughout the process she reminded me of things to make sure were handled that weren't related to her responsibilities. She would shoot me an email or send me a text with little reminders. She felt like a sister than a vendor. I strongly recommend using Jean and her wonderful talent for any occassion you might have!!

Flowers went beyond expectations!

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Kalin S

I cannot find words to describe how much I loved my flowers for my wedding. Even my husband (who doesn’t have any interest in flowers) still comments how much he loved the flowers at our wedding, especially the tall ceremony pieces (in lieu of an arch). I am obsessed with my... Read More bouquet. I even dried it out and have it in a vase in my bedroom so I can always look at it. For my wedding, I was going for a green, natural, rustic look and Jean went above and beyond my expectations. I had met with Jean and given her photos of flowers I liked and she made the photos look bad. There were flowers/plants in the photos I liked that her wholesaler didn’t have, so she grew them in her yard herself! What other florist does that? Even after our initial meeting I saw more flowers I liked online, emailed those photos to Jean, and she was able to include them in many of the pieces she made. I highly recommend Jean at Garden Party Florist to any bride getting married in the Galena area! Thanks Jean for making my wedding day so special and unique! I’m still getting comments from guests about how beautiful everything was.

Absolutely Beatiful!

Reviewed on 10/22/2010 Aimee B

We met with three florists until getting in touch with Jean Carlson of Garden Party Florist. Jean was SO down to earth and I knew from the first moment I spoke with her that we were on the same page and that she would do a wonderful job with our wedding flowers. Her prices... Read More were reasonable. Her follow-up was fantastic. A few days before the wedding, she called me to see how I was doing and confirm everything was all set to go. I have finally met someone as diligent and conscientious as me! I would highly recommend Garden Party to anyone. From the bouquets to the room decorations to the centerpieces, everything was BREATHTAKING. All I can say is Wow! :)

BEST Florist!

Reviewed on 10/03/2010 Jessica H

Jean, the owner of Garden Party Florist was hands down, the BEST florist I met with. She knew exactly what I was looking for, and even offered ideas to help create the "look" I was going for. The flowers, center pieces, and alter pieces were PERFECT. If you are having a... Read More wedding in Galena, or anywhere close by, call Jean!!!

Review for Garden Party Florist

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rachel S

She did a great job and was lovely to work with.