Gardens at Old Town Helotes

Helotes, TX

Book Your Wedding with Gardens at Old Town Helotes

A BALLROOM IN HELOTES, TX

Gardens at Old Town Helotes is a dedicated special events facility that serves the San Antonio area. Nestled in the rolling landscape of Texas hill country, Gardens at Old Town Helotes offers couples the chance to hold a ceremony and reception in a lushly landscaped outdoor setting. The venue also offers climate-controlled indoor spaces, allowing you to keep your guests cool and comfortable during the hottest months of the year. With its elegant landscaping and expert service, Gardens at Old Town Helotes has won praise from hundreds of couples, earning many five-star reviews on The Knot and other venue review sites. Perfect for weddings with about 150-200 guests, this venue allows you to customize your wedding experience, while the venue's staff takes care of minor details for you.

The versatile event space at Gardens at Old Town Helotes allows couples to have a blended indoor and outdoor ceremony or reception. For example, you can choose to have your reception meal indoors and have the cake cutting and dancing take place outside.

Outdoor Spaces. These spaces, such as the lawn and dance deck, give you and your guests the opportunity to experience the great outdoors in a civilized setting. The property of Gardens at Old Town Helotes has several acres available and you can choose to hold your ceremony in multiple different spaces on the grounds. Offering picturesque features such as a bridge over a koi pond and a small waterfall, the Gardens at Old Town Helotes' outdoor spaces will look fantastic in your wedding photos and provide a romantic setting for your celebration.

The Indoor Facility. This area is air conditioned, with lovely wooden floors, high ceilings and large windows that let in plenty of natural light. You can configure this space however you'd like to make it work just right for your wedding. The indoor space can generally hold around 200 people, but this number may go down if you add large areas, such as a dance floor or bandstand, that cannot accommodate regular seating.

It is possible to use Gardens at Old Town Helotes as a reception venue only, a ceremony venue only or to use the facility for both events. The venue's management offers separate wedding packages for each arrangement, allowing you to choose the experience that best suits your needs. The duration of your event will typically depend on which package you purchase, though you may be able to extend your rental time by paying an additional fee.

All ceremonies and receptions held at Gardens at Old Town Helotes must have on-site security present for the entire duration of the event. This means that if your event extends beyond the standard time included with your package, you will need to pay for the additional security time, as well. You may serve alcohol for your guests at this venue, but it must be served by an insured and TABC-licensed professional bartending service.

Couples who get married at the Gardens at Old Town Helotes have the freedom to choose their own vendors for catering, photography, decor and other elements that will help make their wedding day special. To make your life easier, the venue does provide some extra perks for those who purchase its wedding ceremony and reception packages.

• Chairs, tables and tablecloths for indoor events
  • Chairs for outdoor events
  • Golf cart shuttles from the parking area to the event space
  • Sound and microphone system for ceremony
  • On-site staff venue coordinator during the event
  • Use of a bridal cabin and separate groom's room for the couple and attendants to use for getting ready
  • Optional ceremony add-ons include an aisle runner and chair bows

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

15060 Antonio Drive, Helotes, TX (210) 695-4777

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Jessica B

The venue was gorgeous! The staff was incredibly helpful and kind. I couldn't have asked for a better setting!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Carla P

Gardens at Old Town Helotes is a little slice of heaven on Earth. This family owned and operated venue is beautiful! Vicki is a joy to work with (along with the rest of the fam). They made everything so easy and stress-free! I am so happy we had our wedding at GOTH! Love the... Read More GOTH family so much!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Kimberly N

The Gardens at Old Town Helotes exceeded our expectations for a wedding venue. The first thing that attracted us to the Gardens was the beautiful atmosphere. After we booked with the Gardens we soon began talking with Jaime and Vicki about our big day. Everyone at the Gardens... Read More was incredibly kind and prompt when responding to our many questions. By the time of our wedding day we had no concerns at all we knew that Jaime and the team had everything under control and our only job was to enjoy our wedding day. The day of our wedding was a dream; the venue was beautiful, everything was on time, and we enjoyed a spectacular day and evening with our beloved family and friends. We did not have anything to worry about the entire day! Now that our wedding is over we will truly miss going to the open houses, enjoying the atmosphere, and speaking with the Gardens family. We would recommend this venue to anyone considering a wedding in the San Antonio area; it is a truly beautiful venue with wonderful people!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Samantha O

Our wedding was beyond perfect! The venue is so beautiful on its own you dont need to do much decorating!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Brittany S

We had our wedding at Gardens at Old Town Helotes 9/23 and it could not have been more Perfect! The Venue is Beautiful! Having an indoor and outdoor area for guests was ideal, and at the wedding we had so many guests tell us that they had no idea this venue was there, but were... Read More SO impressed! The Bridal Cabin was perfect, we had 10 ladies in there getting ready all at once, and never had space issues. There is no real "Grooms Cabin" but our guys used the little sun room area off the dining room and it was sufficient for them. Plus having them there was handy since they could oversee all of the vendors deliveries. Vicki was great to deal with, she is personable and always happy to help with any question we had leading up to the big day, Sara worked our event, and she was amazing to making sure we were on schedule and so sweet. We used a lot of the vendors on their preferred list and they were all exceptional. I can not say enough nice things about the venue!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Kimberly A

We fell in love with Gardens at Old Town Helotes at their winter open house. We knew that if it looked that amazing in winter that it would be fantastic come June. Vicki and Sarah were so amazing to work with and our day was just perfect. All of our guests rave about the... Read More location and we all enjoyed the outdoor dance floor and the atmosphere they created with their lighting. The Bridal Cabin was a delight for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in and we loved how it felt like home. If you are looking for an affordable venue that treats you like family, you won’t be disappointed with the Gardens at Old Town Helotes!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Heather N

We just got married there on 6/17/17 and the venue was absolutely gorgeous! The trees were in full bloom and there are so many great photo spots throughout the place! The bridal cabin is amazing! So many guests complimented us on choosing the Gardens for our venue! They are... Read More affordable and a great choice for anyone looking to impress! Vicky is so lovely and accommodating and her father is a real funny man :) I will always back family owned businesses! Thank you folks for helping to make our wedding amazing!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Holly M

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. Reasonably priced, beautifully set up, easy to work with and so much more. Before you have your mind set on a specific venue, I highly recommend taking the time to go out and visit The Gardens at Old Town Helotes and talking to... Read More Vicki. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Kristi S

The venue is absolutely gorgeous!! Vicki and Jamie did an amazing job at helping us make our day amazing. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue for our wedding. Everything went so smoothly. Not to mention the bridal cabin that was spacious and perfect for me and my... Read More girls to get ready. There's several great locations for photographs. My husband and I only looked at one venue and fell in love right away!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Aundria A

This venue was everything we hoped it would be! Vicki was so awesome to work with, and was so helpful leading up to the event & the day of! We picked this venue to have the ceremony outside with the reception inside, knowing in the instance of rain there was a back up plan of... Read More moving the ceremony inside. Due to the crazy weather of Texas, the ceremony was moved inside with ease. Vicki's communication with the other vendors is fantastic and helped elevate stress. Gardens pricing and rates were amazing and help us achieve the wedding we hoped for! They came highly recommended to me an I HIGHLY recommend them to all!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Brandi A

The venue is absolutely breathtaking. It was challenging scheduling meetings due to us living in Corpus Christi, but our wedding was a fairytale.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Logan F

I have nothing but positive things to say about Gardens at Old Town Helotes. We looked at many, many venues to find one that fit us perfectly, and truly, this place is unlike any others. They go above and beyond to make your day perfect, and the location is absolutely stunning.... Read More From the moment I met Vicki, she worked closely with me to make the day exactly what we wanted. She was flexible, honest, realistic, timely, and most importantly supportive. She made it a fun experience, and she made us feel like our wedding was her top priority (knowing full well she has a LOT on her plate and many brides to work with). I cannot thank Vicki and the Gardens at Old Town Helotes enough!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Gabrielle G

My husband and I recently got married in October 2016. Looking back on our big day, we can honestly say that we would not change anything. Many of our friends joined us from different states and even countries, and everyone was blown away by the beauty of the venue. We did not... Read More have to decorate much because of its natural elegance. The owner and venue coordinators were a joy to work with and were always available when needed.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Janelle F

We had our wedding at the Gardens on October 7. Vicky and Ken were SO helpful, polite, accommodating, and easy to reach. We had a large wedding with over 200 people in attendance, and they made sure everything went perfectly. Their contract is very clear, and you get SO MUCH... Read More with the cost of the venue rental- they don't nickle and dime you like other wedding venues do. They were also very flexible, which meant that we could choose all of our own vendors (though they did provide an excellent list of vendor recommendations, some of which we did choose). The grounds and house are beautifully taken care of, the bridal cottage is to die for- and most importantly, Vicky was always available when I needed to ask her a question. Planning weddings can be so hectic. Gardens at Old Town Helotes truly made my wedding a smooth process on their end, and it turned out beautifully. My new husband and I would choose the Gardens all over again. Good luck!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Yisel M

Jamie was amazing throughout the whole planning process. And even more incredible the day of my wedding! She did everything possible to accommodate all of my needs and caterers needs as well. The second I stepped foot on this venue, I knew it was the one for my wedding day. My... Read More husband and I loved how clean and open it is. The grounds are kept beautifully. Everything about this venue and the management is perfect.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Christina B

This place was absolutely wonderful! All of our guests raved about how beautiful it was and as the bride was beyond pleased with their coordination the day of. Vicky was AMAZING. I wish I could give more stars. HIGHLY reccomended this place to all future brides!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Alex D

Beautiful venue! The ceremony spot and outdoor reception were perfect for what I envisioned for my wedding day. The string lights over the dance floor at night created the perfect atmosphere for fabulous photos. The staff was so helpful the day of and months and weeks leading up... Read More to the day!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Laura S

There aren't enough wonderful things to say about Gardens at Old Town Helotes. Let me first rave about Jamie Taylor, Vicky and Kent who put so much heart and soul into making the beautiful venue what it is, highlighting what the true Texas Hill Country has to offer. The outdoor... Read More ambiance gives way to whatever theme the bride wishes to have - whimsical, white, holiday, country, rustic, modern. The outdoor pergola is the focal point of the ceremony and is perfect for the bride to meet her groom; very intimate, spiritual, and romantic. The seating arrangement is perfect and sufficient to seat guests of all numbers. I had a summer wedding so the venue allowed us to have chilled water for our guests. I loved this venue! I wouldn't have changed it for anything. Thank you again Jamie!!! and the lovely crew of the Gardens at Old Town Helotes

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Michelle B

Vicki and her staff were awesome! They did everything they could to make sure our wedding was wonderful. She helped us stay on our timeline and asked a lot of questions to make sure she had everything perfect. Even though it did rain she found a way to make it work without... Read More making us feel too bad about it. Venue was very clean and a lot of people told Me how beautiful it was. Would recommend this venue to a friend! So beautiful and worth every penny.

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Rebekah K

I just had my wedding here this past weekend. It went perfectly thanks to Jaime working hard behind the scenes. She was our wedding-day coordinator. Previously, I had communicated mostly with Vicky. Both were wonderful to work with and very attentive. We were running a little... Read More behind schedule and Jaime did not wait to be told to do anything, she just handled it. Its easy to lose track of time and the order of events, but Jaime kept everything moving. The venue and grounds are gorgeous. I also liked having the flexibility to choose our vendors. Compared to other venues around town, Gardens at Old Town Helotes is an exceptional value.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Desiree M

I truly enjoyed the venue. The staff was excellent at helping with all my questions/concerns. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Irina P

Just spectacular! The venue is one of the best I have ever seen and Vicki is one of the kindest people we have had the pleasure of meeting! I could not have imagined getting married anywhere else!

Outdoor Ceremony & Reception Service

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Details Our venue coordinator Vicki Perkins was the bomb and got us everywhere we needed to be, from the amount of tables, chairs, special requests to tablecloth orders needed. @1200 Allowed to arrive to set-up. Our Host, Christine, helped to take care of anything we needed... Read More as far as set-up went. @1430 Went to get ready for the ceremony @1515-ish We were in the middle of getting ready and Christine brought out a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies to the bridal cabin for us (delicious) @1615-ish We were brought out back to prepare/line up for the ceremony. Throughout the evening Christine went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed from the DJ and his needs, to the caterer, the bartender and the security guard. Our bartender service came from Thirsty Bear Bar-tending and it was amazing, they predominately serve at the Gardens (suggested to us by the Gardens) and if you want to have an open bar...USE THEM, they allow you to purchase your own alcohol at a great price we paid approx. $300 for 100 guests. They have a new permanent light-up bar and they came fully stocked with juices at eye level for children. To continue.... Christine, along with my matron of events, brought out our cakes to display, due to the hot weather. She was very warm to all of my guests and family and even gifted us with a dance to Spice Girls- "Wanna Be" They had ample parking, and provided golf-cart services to all attendees, which came in handy when we were unloading and loading all vehicles. The Gardens told us basically, if there was anything we didn't want, leave it and they cleaned everything. They also kept items they were unsure in case we left anything behind. I had the most peaceful experience I could've hoped for. My husband and I don't do a lot of things for just us and aren't used to getting all that attention, but this day was something never forget and it truly beautiful.

2015-11-09T15:22:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the sweet words - glad it was as stress free as possible for you.

You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Irene O

This is my second review for Vicky and the Gardens at Old Town Helotes, and I don't mind! The venue is kept beautifully manicured for one, but the people you will deal with with take the edge off the stresses of planning a wedding. Our wedding was on July 25th of this year, and... Read More from the moment we met Vicky, we knew we were in good hands. She is kind, punctual in responding, and if she can't respond on time, she acknowledges it and apologizes. It doesn't happen repeatedly either. She is very professional and respectful in everything she does. She will make you feel like she truly cares about your event...because she REALLY DOES! In all the time I dealt with her, it was ALWAYS a positive encounter. Mr. Dempsey, the owner, is just the same. You're not dealing with a corporation here, they are people like you and me with one common goal: to have the best presentation and smooth running event possible! NOTHING went wrong at my wedding, and although Vicky couldn't be there, she found a replacement equally as qualified...beautiful young lady whose name I believe is Kristen. We forgot the garter, but Kristen helped us improvise making the moment funnier and funner! I was great! I STRONGLY urge you to at least consider this venue, and I am open to being contacted through Vicky if you'd like a more personal account of my experience. If you're a reasonable person with high attainable standards, you will NOT be disappointed. Whatever you do, please treat my Vicky with respect and love, and that is exactly the essence of her. ~Irene PS. I don't know exactly how much we paid because my hubby took care of it all, but I have an idea, and it was crazy reasonable for what you're getting!

Couldn't have been better.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Jennifer C

I recently had my wedding out at Gardens and it was absolutely amazing! This venue is very reasonable and absolutely beautiful inside and out. The Bridal Cabin was prefect to get ready in!! Vicki was very nice and made sure your day goes as planned. I would definitely recommend... Read More Gardens to future brides. My guests loved it and could not get over how beautiful this place is.We had amazing weather and had ceremony and reception outside. I highly recommend Gardens at Old Town Helotes.