Every Wedding Has A Story

With a background in journalism, I believe that everyone has a story to tell! It is my goal to capture the beautiful love story that your wedding day is! I work flexibly with brides to fulfill all their photo needs. I LOVE traveling!!

Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

Little Rock & Northwest Arkansas (501) 412-7197

Gareth Patterson: The Friendly Photographer

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 Ellie C

My husband hired Gareth to capture our engagement, and after loving the pictures SO much, we decided to use his skills for both our engagement photos and wedding photos! Gareth is a very easy going, fun person to be around. I never felt anything but relaxed and myself when he... Read More was behind the camera. My one fear when it came to wedding photos was not seeing myself or my husband as we really are… I was nervous pictures would be some strange versions of us. With Gareth, he really did a fantastic job of capturing us as we are! When I look at any of the pictures he did for us, I see a natural look at our relationship. I have been so impressed and pleased by his work! Not to mention, he is affordable compared to other photographers in the area. Gareth has an eye for color, for light, for what makes a moment special. We are so grateful for how he used his abilities to capture awesome memories! I highly recommend Gareth Patterson for any wedding.

Beautiful Classic Photos

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Caitlynn K

I knew Gareth from High school and have had the opportunity to watch his work grow over the years. I knew he was the one I should contact whenever my fiance and i first got engaged. Gareth shot our engagement photos and MAN HE DID AWESOME. I was worried we would be awkward... Read More and uncomfortable in front of a camera and Gareth made sure it was a casual as possible by simply holding conversation and making us laugh. The quality is shown in every photo he sent us and we are so happy to look back and remember our experience. We also purchased photo prints through him and they arrived SO FAST (even before the frames I had ordered)! We now love to admire our engagement photos hanging throughout our home. Because Gareth did such an amazing job with the engagement shoot I knew I must book him quickly for my bridals. I was so nervous to do this shoot because it was the first time my family and bridal party would get to see me in my dress and I knew emotions would be high. Thank goodness for Gareth! He kept everyone entertained and laughing and most importantly kept me comfortable! I never knew there were so many different ways to do bridals! Each shot looked amazing and he reassured me by showing my friends and family on his camera as we went. I was able to adjust and fix anything I felt didn't look right! I loved that he let us see the photos as we moved between poses! Thank you so much for the incredible experience Gareth! I am so excited to give my groom a framed photo of me on our wedding day. My family and I truly thank you and are so excited to see your work and business grow! -Caitlynn Kimbrough-Hays

2016-01-08T13:47:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Caitlynn! I loved your bridal images so much. A few were some of my favorite images I shot this year :)

December Wedding

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Christen K

I would highly recommend Gareth Patterson to any and everyone. He was professional, hard working, charming and extremely skilled at what he does. Gareth managed the multiple locations and people with ease which in turn made my wedding day run that much more smoothly. We took... Read More wedding prep photos, bridal photos, bride and bride's maid photos, grooms men photos, ceremony photos, bride and groom photos, family and wedding party photos and reception photos. It was an all day event, with numerous combinations of different people at different times in different locations but there wasn't one moment that Gareth didn't have it under control. He gave direction clearly and had a vision for every shot. Gareth offered multiple ideas and suggestions for poses. He was funny and charming, genuinely fun to work with. I hate having my picture taken so it was a big deal that I actually enjoined it. Did I mention almost all of these photos were outside in about 30 degree weather? He really came ready and willing to work hard (and freeze) to get the best shots for my wedding day. It is all shown in the photos. Gareth has a gift for photography, I couldn't be happier with my pictures. We received our pictures in a timely manner and had a wide variety to choose from. He captured one of the most important days of my life, highlighted the beauty and joy and love that we all felt that day. I was truly taken back by his work. Thank you Gareth Patterson.

2014-09-06T21:03:48 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the feedback! I LOVED your Christmas-y wedding. The snow & cold made the photos AMAZING :))

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Beth S

From the first email contact with Gareth Patterson Photos, we felt he would capture the special moments of our daughter's wedding! He asked questions we hadn't even considered to insure the photos included every magical moment of the day. When Gareth arrived at the venue, his... Read More calm and cooperative attitude was balanced by creative suggestions and directions that made taking photos efficient and fun! We are thrilled with the images - treasured memories for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Susan W

Gareth was absolutely fantastic for our wedding day. He went above and beyond, was so reliable, helpful, and patient. He was so professional throughout the whole process and really listened to our needs. He did not miss one detail. We would choose Gareth Patterson Photography... Read More over and over again.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Alisha B

Gareth was great! He is a planner like us. He had us write down posed photos we knew we had to have, some ideas for semi candids and the rest we turned him loose to use his talented eye and really awesome camera gear! The result was quick work that felt like ballet allowing... Read More more time for so many priceless memories to be captured for all time. My favorite Gareth memory is him bouncy up to me with a giant smile on his face to show me the beautiful photos he had just taken of my daughter and son-in-law!. Who does that? Gareth does!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Melissa P

Gareth was an absolute delight! He was fun, energetic, and efficient! He kept us on track the entire day and made everyone feel so special. We were so blessed by him and his talent! I also loved that he showed us previews of our pics immediately after he took them, which was so... Read More fun! Thank you Gareth for making Joshua and I's wedding pics so amazing!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Angela W

Mr. Patterson was very polite and very professional. His photos are amazing! Anyone in need of a photographer would be blessed to have him. He is a true artist!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Madison B

Gareth went about and beyond with our wedding photos. I can't even begin to explain our happy we are that he was our wedding photographer. He was such a joy to have around. He makes you comfortable and laugh and he's so patient with a bride who's not so great at taking... Read More pictures. The turn around time for proofs was faster than I even thought possible. I whole heartedly and enthusiastically recommend him. Thank you for your hard work.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Alyssa F

From the engagement session to the wedding / reception, Gareth was so comfortable to work with and always shot with our best interest in mind based on what was natural for us. He has such a talent for finding the best pose, angle and lighting and did an incredible job of... Read More capturing our personalities. After being 45 minutes late to shoot my bridals because of traffic and road closures, Gareth assured me, despite my stress, that we had more than enough time to get them done. He was a blast to work with but more importantly, his top priority to ensure the moments we wanted to remember forever were beautifully captured!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tori R

We absolutely loved everything about choosing Gareth as our wedding photographer. I can't say enough good things! Not only does he take gorgeous photos, but the way he interacts with clients on the wedding day is a huge bonus. After the wedding, I had multiple wedding guests... Read More rave about him. He and his wife were willing to do anything to keep stress low and the day going smoothly--from helping groomsmen tie bow ties, to keeping everyone on track with the photo schedule, to joining in the dance party to get the best shots. He was amazing to work with--timely, talented, and we are so happy we chose to work with him for both our wedding and engagement photos.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Joanna T

Just got the proofs from the wedding Gareth did and amazing job. He was wonderful to work with and captured the wedding celebration perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Lizz W

We loved having Gareth at our wedding. It felt like having a close friend by our side, he allowed the day to flow and didn't force it or over demand anything of anyone. The family photos were quick and easy. We hardly noticed him in the events, which was a breath of fresh air.... Read More The photos were beautiful and natural - I can't wait to show them to our kids and grandkids someday!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Makenzie B

I couldn't be happier with the way our pictures turned out or just the process of working with Gareth. Gareth was always quick to respond to emails, texts, or my phone calls. He made sure to take the time to answer all of my questions and to give me answers to questions I hadn't... Read More even thought to ask. He was so patient with me as I looked through his packages and continued to ask questions. It was SO nice to know he just wanted me to have everything I wanted and could afford in my budget. He helped me walk through forming a timeline and planning out pictures to take within my timeframe. I was SO impressed with his patience and devotion to making the wedding day easy and fun. His wife was a wonderful help and they work so well together! We just received our pictures and they are ABSOLUTELY breathtaking! PLEASE pick Gareth Patterson if you are searching for a photographer. You will NOT be disappointed! Thanks Gareth for all you did for us!! We are so thankful for you and your wife!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Could not have asked for a better wedding day experience, or a better photographer. Thank you for cutting down the chaos by knowing exactly what photos you needed and being a few steps ahead of everyone else at all times. Very friendly, patient, easy... Read More to work with, and did a great job making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. We are all still in awe of the final photos! Thank you, Gareth!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Katie M

Gareth and his wife are absolutely amazing to work with. He is accommodating, patience and is a true professional thoughout each session. His pictures are stunning and I am anxiously awaiting the final shots from our wedding that I know he captured so beautifully! I would not... Read More have chosen any one else for the day.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

From the engagement photos,to the bridal session, to the wedding day, I just can't say enough on how impressed I am with his vision. He captured the essence of our wedding experience. He was helpful, fun, knowledgeable and above all professional! The photos were beautiful!... Read More Anyone who chooses Gareth is getting a real gem of a photographer!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Joshua S

Gareth did an amazing job capturing all of the special moments on our wedding day. The pictures that he and his wife took were awesome. Looking at the photos made it seem like I was going back to the exact moment it was taken. Seeing the pictures of my beautiful bride made my... Read More heart soar! Gareth even made sure Summer and I had time to ourselves in all of the wedding celebration. It was the best day of my life and I am glad that Gareth was able to catch all of those candid moments.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Bailey P

As a bride, you don't just hire the photographer for the end-goal (the pictures). Obviously that is the MAIN reason, but there are several minor reasons too. For mine and my husband's wedding, I knew that we wanted someone who could blend in but could snap a perfect moment,... Read More someone who could also command a crowd without being overbearing (let's face it, family pictures are tough), as well as someone who could remind me of why I surrounded myself with such chaos. Gareth and his lovely second shooter/wife (It's adorable, I know) were everything I had hoped for; professional, affordable, creative, encouraging, fun, communicative, and comfortable. They are for sure the best in the biz!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

Gareth and his wife Jet did an exquisite job on mine and my husbands wedding photos! They truly captured every detail of our wedding in the most perfect and unique way! I would HIGHLY recommend Gareth for any wedding, engagement, and/or bridal sessions! Not only were the photos... Read More incredible but Gareth and Jet are both so up beat, have the best personalities, and are easy to get along with. Gareth works with you to make sure your big day is everything that you're wanting & more! Gareth is the best in the business and you won't regret choosing him to shoot your big day!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016

We are very excited to see the pictures that Gareth and his wife took at our son's wedding. They worked great as a team and stayed til the bride & groom left the reception. They were awesome to work with and would definitely recommend them!

Fabulous!!

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Cara C

Gareth shot our wedding in November and we couldn't be more pleased with him! He was super fun and interactive, also made us feel very comfortable when taking the photos. Every single picture was stunning and we were so excited to see them all. He really captures some beautiful... Read More moments. His lovely wife came too as a second shooter and to help him, they were great together! Not to mention their outfits were coordinated and precious. I would highly recommend Gareth to any bride!

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 1/13/2016

Gareth did an amazing job capturing every detail in mine and my wife's wedding. He made sure that he got our input so that we can get the shots that we had in mind. He is also very creative and got shots of things that we never put much thought in, but once he got them we... Read More realized how important those little things were. He made the most of his time with us. I don't believe that there is a better photographer in this area!

Always choose Gareth

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Lucy

Gareth and Jet were everything I could have asked for. I have a degree in photography myself and was wanting someone that I trusted their expertise. They exceeded that and more. They are incredibly sweet and the day of I could not have been more relaxed. I live in another state... Read More but would hire them for more photos

2016-01-08T13:47:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lucy! Jet and I loved traveling to Eureka to capture your wedding day. Thorncrown Chapel was so gorgeous!

EXCEEDS expectations: the best in wedding photography!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Cody T

Gareth (and his second shooter/wife/best friend) were absolutely incredible! Professional, yet down-to-earth friendly, and VERY knowledgeable. Coming from someone who doesn't know much about event photography, and hadn't really had a vision for their wedding other than that she... Read More wanted it to happen (me), Gareth brought the vision AND the methodology to carry it out. My husband and I were so thankful for his expertise--and what a gift it is to get to relive our beautiful (dreamy yet blurry) day over and over again in such GREAT photos. So thankful for Gareth. Would recommend him to anyone for any occasion, but especially for a wedding!

Gareth Patterson

Dreamy, romantic images that capture a natural look at the uniqueness of every relationship -that’s the Gareth Patterson way. Armed with an art degree, a photojournalism background, and the expert eye to decide whether film or digital best fits the moment, Gareth takes the responsibility of preserving the memories of your once-in-a-lifetime moments very seriously. Gareth combines his technical skill and artistic vision to create images that convey the life behind the moment, bringing colorful detail and distinctive character to every image.