MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1187 Coast Village Road, Santa Barbara, CA

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Jaclyn T

Gavin Roy Presents was fantastic! Gavin and Carly were so easy to work with and made the whole process easy. I loved the fact that I could plan all of the music using their online tool. Gavin's suggestions over our phone meeting were also very helpful. To anyone in need of a DJ,... Read More I highly recommend Gavin Roy Presents.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Linnea J

Joseph (aka DJ Flamezz) DJ'd our wedding and did a fantastic job. He did our ceremony sound as well as our reception. He was really good at following our "must play" and "do not not play" lists and fitting in songs that worked with the mood of the crowd. Joseph was very... Read More professional and obviously has a lot of experience working at weddings and events. Gavin was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding, taking phone calls with me to answer questions or plan our playlist as well as meeting with me at the venue before the wedding to go over our timeline and setup for the day. They have an online portal that makes it really easy to create a playlist and timeline for your event. Gavin Roy and his team offer great service at a fair price and would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Melinda T

Great DJ ang ceremony guitarist! Easy to choose music and talk with DJ and guitar player. LOVE!

Awesome DJ! Awesome music!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Sireenah S

We had Gavin Roy DJ our wedding in Sept 2015 and he was fantastic! His team is super responsive and he made himself available to chat by phone several times before the wedding to discuss our preferences and get a better feel for the type of music we wanted to hear. On the day... Read More of, Gavin was great. I had a number of people come up to me to comment on the music and how our DJ was really impressive. That's always great to hear as a bride. He kept the party going throughout the event and also did a great job MC'ing for speeches, announcements,etc...I feel lucky to have had Gavin as our DJ. He's incredibly talented!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Caitlin C

Gavin Roy was our wedding DJ on March 14, 2015 in Santa Barbara. What a pleasure to work with him leading up to the big day and then his efforts throughout the day were spectacular. Gavin took a couple of phone calls with my wife, Caitlin, and I leading up to the event and... Read More was friendly, capable and thoughtful. With his very easy-to-use website allowing us to slate selected songs -- and, perhaps, more importantly, create a comprehensive "no play" list -- as well as allowing our guests to share their requests, planning was easy. On the final call prior to the wedding where we went over those choices, my wife and I agreed that we could hear the wheels turning in Gavin's brain as he looked through our music. He seemed, almost, to be putting together playlists right in front of us. On the big day, Gavin worked very well with our ceremony guitarist and our officiant at the ceremony site (Santa Barbara Courthouse Gardens), as well as with our guitarist who performed during cocktail hour at the reception (Chase Palm Park Plaza). Once it was Gavin's turn to take over, his playlist and rotation of songs through the dinner hour was impeccable and he handled the announcements of the wedding party and toast speeches like a pro. No silly bluster, just very professional and on top of things. Leading up to the wedding, we told Gavin we really wanted the last 2.5 hours of the reception to be a big dance party. To say he got that idea would be a major understatement. The dance floor was packed as Gavin hit all the right notes, handled guest requests on site and just kept the party going non-stop right to the end. We had an amazing wedding day and Gavin was a crucial player in that. Thanks Gavin! Wishing you the best, and should we ever need DJ services in SB at anytime, know you're our top choice!

The best around!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Tina Y

Seriously, this company is as good as it gets when it comes to expertise and finesse in the DJ industry. My wife and I had our wedding a month ago (December 2014) in Solvang, and finding the right DJ had been our highest priority. She believed from the beginning that this could... Read More make or break the party, and after seeing how perfectly it went off, I see that it all really did hang in that balance. I admit that I was stuck in pricing from the 90s and didn't plan to spend what we did on this aspect of the wedding, but now I know I'd easily pay much more for the quality we received. (Side note: we skimped on the video people and got what we paid for). Gavin deejayed the event, but the overall company gave us real peace of mind from our very first phone call. Their online planning tool taught us what events we'd need music for, and they even provided all of the music and equipment for the ceremony. On our RSVP form, we had asked our guests, "What song is guaranteed to make you get up and dance?" - a question we weren't sure we'd ever get answered, let alone use at the event. However, their responses flowed in, and we sent them along to Gavin. Not only did he use every song - which kept our floor filled all night - but he mixed them so expertly that the beats seemed to match song to song to song in short intervals. The requests from guests weren't even all dance-friendly, but he made them danceable!!! We really had a pro dance party there thanks to him. Above all, it must be mentioned that our event was no typical affair for a deejay. I wish I could say we made it easy on him, but at least 5 different people had surprises that Gavin had to keep secret and straight from the next. This could have led to several miscues and mistakes - but not on Gavin's watch. He nailed every single cue with the perfect song intro or mic placement. All of this while playing master of ceremony. Gavin, Carly, and team, we cannot thank you enough for what you did for us. People are still talking about the wedding almost a whole month later, and everyone wants us to know that we had the greatest DJ. We are so lucky, and could not be more grateful. THANK YOU!!!!

Perfect soundtrack to a perfect day

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Drea S

Gavin and Joseph were so much fun to work with. My husband-to-be had a very specific tone, mood and song list in mind for our multi-generational guests. They helped us select a first dance song that fit what both wanted. Gavin and Joseph worked with us to on this as well as read... Read More the room for what the guests were enjoying. Everyone commented on how great the music was! We also worked with Gavin on additional lighting for our reception and the feel of the string lights and uprights set exactly the tone and mood we were going for.

DJ did not play what we wanted

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Abigail A

It was very important to us that the DJ play the music that we wanted. That's why we decided not to skimp on it. While Gavin Roy himself seems very knowledgeable of genres, it does not appear that the DJ to which we were assigned, DJ Dave, had similar knowledge. We were very... Read More specific in the type of music we wanted for the dancing portion of the evening (approximately 3 hours long). We wanted 90s hip hop with a mix of 80s new wave. Instead, we got mostly today's top 40 hits mixed in with a few 90s R&B and a little bit of hip hop. We should have known better when we had a pre-wedding telephone conference with the DJ and when we mentioned 80s new wave, he responded that he would make sure to play Janet Jackson. I'm not saying that the company itself is bad. They have great sound and great customer service. However, they need to vet their DJs' knowledge of music genres beforehand. DJs should not be mere "yes" men to the bride and groom if they do not actually understand what the bride and groom want.

Reviewed on 1/15/2013 Anna L

Spencer was the best DJ we have ever witnessed! His personality speaks for itself when he is perfoming! We got plenty of dj compliments!

Bennett Schmid is the best!

Reviewed on 11/25/2012 Angela C

Our DJ was Bennett and he was so great!! We interviewed 3 different DJ's because my husband and I are really picky about our music. Bennett understood our music taste. He wasn't cheesy in the announcements. He was actually perfect in every way. definitely recommend him!

Gavin Rocks!

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Sarah T

Gavin is an AWESOME DJ! I highly recommend him if you don't want to worry about a playlist and have an absolute blast. He will get everyone on the dance floor and you'll have the best time!

The DJ You Want!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Whitney E

The Gavin Roy team was so easy to work with from start to finish. They have a great website where you can build your music timeline and playlist likes/dislikes. DJ Zeke really knew how to read the crowd and kept my guests on the dance floor all night- I got tons of compliments.... Read More I would highly recommend using these guys.

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Alex S

Good service but not content with overall service.

very happy

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Andrea S

Very helpful they did great with our ceremony and reception. We were very happy everyone danced and had a great time. The website they use is great! It is extremely helpful for planning and letting them know what you want.

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Christine G

We had so many guests compliment us on the music! Gavin is so nice and helpful, he met with us twice before the wedding to get an idea of the venue, set-up, run-thru, music choices. He also set-up lighting for the reception and took care of the mic/speakers for the ceremony... Read More portion. His website is so detailed and great to review to figure out scheduling, music requirements throughout the night and also offered many song suggestions. He was an absolute pleasure to work with!

We all had a great time!

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 Veronica W

Gavin is very professional, fun and had the dance floor filled the entire night. Our guests of all ages had a wonderful time, and he is a great MC too!

Very nice guy, decent DJ, great online service

Reviewed on 2/09/2012 John T

Gavin has become a bit of the go-to guy for DJ-ing weddings in Santa Barbara and, while he is absolutely a very nice guy who does well, it seems as though there is a little laurel resting. That said, his online DJ service (appears to be a 3rd party platform) is excellent in that... Read More it allows you to select songs you definitely want to hear or songs you certainly want to avoid. Gavin is a solid choice.

Not Willing to Help

Reviewed on 7/30/2011 Shellena H

Oh, where to begin with Gavin. When we spoke on the phone he seemed fairly nice and we established I would be wanting to do some special things at my wedding and he agreed he would be able to take care of them. Both of my sisters and my dad are vocalists and so they all did... Read More performances throughout the night, one sister sang at the ceremony, my dad said his toast and had everyone sing along to "The Glory of Love" and my other sister sang our first dance song. When we sat down to have our final meeting with him, he seemed appalled that I planned on doing these things, even calling me "A sound guy's worst nightmare." He was unhelpful, rude and very childish. When it came to the actual wedding, his volumes were terrible, his equipment had feedback and he only played 3 of the 15 songs I requested, instead playing music he likes. All in all I thought it was a very odd experience. If you want a very simple wedding with lots of 80s rock, Gavin would probably be great. He eventually, dragging his feet and complaining the whole way, made the event happen, it just was not done nearly as well as I had hoped for all of the effort we put into it.

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Daniela G

Gavin is the best! I recommend him to anyone! He played all the music i requested and was such a great MC for the night. He was helpful with my budget and working with the live band we had as well.

what a party!

Reviewed on 11/23/2010 Kelly P

Gavin with Santa Barbara DJ's did such a great job with our cocktail hour and wedding reception. Everyone was asking for the playlist at the end of the night! His website is very easy to navigate and allows you to create your own timeline, song requests and also a seperate page... Read More for guest requests. He was a pleasure to work with and was always just a phone call away. I highly recommend his services for your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/21/2010 amber m

Their music is awesome and the DJ's are the best! I would highly recommend them to anyone. They are very professional and I enjoyed working with them.

All Night Party

Reviewed on 9/20/2010 Diana M

Craig was an amazing DJ. He worked with us on our playlist and was an extremely fun guy. Everyone danced the night away

Rating for Santa Barbara DJs

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Gayle B

Review for Santa Barbara DJs

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lori M

Gavin is the owner of SBDJs and you?d be lucky to get him. Music, for us, wasn?t something we put a ton of thought into, so it really was the area with the highest risk of disappointment, but fortunately for us, we had Gavin and as a result, our expectations were far exceeded.... Read More Every review we read of Gavin said he knows how to pick and choose according to the crowd and how to get them all involved, and now I, too, can echo that sentiment. Something that I felt was very telling occurred during the reception when Gavin personally asking me if it was okay if he played ÙYMCAˆ because he had so many requests for the song but knew of my very strong distaste for overplayed wedding fare. Also of note: We had no money for lighting, but to our great surprise, Gavin brought a handful of very tasteful, much appreciated lights with colored gels that really added to the mood of the dance floor. You owe it to yourself to at least get his quote.

Review for Santa Barbara DJs

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Shara S

- Gavin Roy who is the head of the company and was our DJ still works in clubs so he knows what's current and also has a vast knowledge of all kinds of music. - His website is great. It's a great planning tool and you can pick out the songs you want and

Start a Conversation!