Your Vision, Your Dress, Our Expertise

You've chosen your dream dress but now you want to add a personal touch. Whether adding a modesty build up or a simple hem, you need an expert to bring your vision to life. Meet with the expert in redesigning and alterations. You will be treated as part of our family. Hope to see you soon.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Online Ordering, Private Appointments Available

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

1020 E. Pecos Rd, #14, Chandler, AZ (480) 899-2736

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Kayla A

I am so thankful that I found Gemma to alter my wedding dress! I was very nervous about alterations to my dress, I spent a ton of money on my dress and there were already buttons coming off and lace coming up and I was really discouraged that it would be perfect for my wedding... Read More until I met Gemma. She talked me through absolutely everything, she fixed everything on the dress that the bridal boutique should have fixed, and she 100% understood my vision for how I wanted my dress to fit. She showed me exactly what my alterations would look like before doing anything to the dress and showed me multiple options for how to achieve what I was wanting to make sure that it was perfect. She was fair in price and she let me come in for as many fittings as I wanted to make me feel comfortable and confident. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for alterations.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Christina B

Gemma was amazing! She made my dress fit like a dream. From start to finish, even when I threw in a last minute curve ball, Gemma was professional and reliable. You can tell she is great at what she does and it shows in her work. She is nothing short of a perfectionist, I can... Read More assure you that if you take your wedding dress to Gemma, you will not be disappointing. She is always polite and honest - which is very important when you are altering the most important dress you will wear in your lifetime. I drove all the way from North Scottsdale to have Gemma do my alterations and I am glad that I did. There is no one else in the Phoenix Valley who I would trust with my dress, I am so happy I was referred to Gemma. Book your appointment early - she fills up fast, because she is the best. Thank you for everything Gemma, I will be sending friends and family your way :)

2016-10-05T14:34:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful message/comment. I hope and wish you and your husband all the best in life. You and Mom have been very nice and easy to work with. Thank you for being patient and accommodating. Take care always Gemma

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Stephanie L

Gemma is fantastic! I bought a lovely dress at a small boutique but I wanted to make a lot of changes. I walked in and shared my vision with Gemma, she brought it to life. We took a modern wedding dress and transformed it into a vintage inspired masterpiece. She cut the... Read More dress to a beautiful length, bringing the lace up. She used part of the original train to design sleeves that made the dress perfect! I couldn't be more pleased with her work. Beyond that, Gemma was kind, friendly, and creative. I loved everything about working with her.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Bethany S

Gemma was an absolute pleasure to work with. I wanted a high slit in my wedding dress and she nailed the alteration! She was able to turn my wedding dress into my dream dress! If I need anything altered in the future I will definitely be going to her. She is very professional,... Read More not scared to make drastic changes to a dress and does incredible work. Thank you Gemma!!!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Kelly C

I went to schedule to get my dress altered and scheduling was so easy, but found out that there were a lot of mysterious fees that suddenly arose without any warning or knowledge. I went in and had a wonderful experience but was surprised to know that I had to pay in full. To... Read More give you an idea, my dress was around $1000 and she wanted $700 for alterations that was simply a hem. I reluctantly agreed and then got home and decided I wanted second opinions. When I asked to get my dress back, it was a battle and there was a five dollar transaction fee and a random $25 "consultation fee" for the 10 minutes she spent with me. When I asked her where this was listed, the response is that is what she charges and didn't have any proof to show me. I felt like since I changed my mind, there was a random fee since she was upset. I spent almost a half an hour battling trying to get my dress back and just left with a sour taste from the whole experience. When I explained to me that it concerned me that things would change with the prices, she yelled that " I just don't trust her business and that she didn't get all of the knot awards for nothing." and then pointed to all of her awards in the back. Just don't go there unless you plan on committing because you will literally have to pay everything and potential "fees" on top of it with your dress as collateral.

2016-11-30T23:49:14 Response from the vendor

And now the rest of the story: In response to your first complaint that you have a $1000 dress and the alterations charges for just a hem was $700. Apparently you did not read the alterations sheet or listen during our consultation. Yes you needed... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Nikki H

Gemma took my mom's dress and altered it to be exactly what I wanted! I was told I looked like a princess all night thanks to Gemma's work. She was so nice during the process and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone in the area looking to get... Read More alterations done for your wedding dress.

2016-10-28T00:27:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your thoughtful and kind comment. I bet you were beautiful. I hope you share your photos with us. Congratulations and thank you. Gemma

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sandy S

Incredibly helpful staff and fabulous job! Gemma is a gem! And Melissa did a wonderful job! Thank you for helping to make me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

2016-10-25T23:41:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the the nice and thoughful comment.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amelia L

Gemma and Lynn did an excellent job taking care of me. They helped me redesign my dress, take off the original appliqué and added an elegant amount of bling to the top of my dress to add a little extra sparkle. She did a great job fitting the dress to my body, patched a tear,... Read More took in the bodice, and hemmed my challenging ruffled skirt. Reserve your appointment with Gemma early in your planning process if you can. She is a popular lady because of her excellent workmanship and skill.

2016-10-12T10:01:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write us a very thoughtful review. I hope to see pictures of your dress and your wedding. Take care always.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Lisa E

Had a great experience here! I needed the neckline lowered on my dress. Took it to another place at first and they said they wouldn't work on it because the of the beading at the top and were afraid they'd ruin it. I felt discouraged. I did some google searching and was referred... Read More to Gemmas. They were able to lower the neckline to my liking and did an excellent job on the rebeading. Would definitely recommend to anyone who needs alterations done.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Nathaniel E

Gemma is Absolutely Amazing! I was referred to her by a family friend as well as the Bridal shop where I bought my dress. She has did wonders on my dress, being that she had to take it in from a size 20 to almost a 12. She is very personal with you and takes her time with all... Read More the details. Her shop is cozy and beautiful. Ended up getting my veil, corset, and slip from her as well. I have seen other brides ecstatic about their dresses and let me say, I have not seen anyone do better work than her. Will definately be recommending her for all occasions if anyone ever need alterations. She is a Dress Angel!

2016-10-04T16:03:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful comments. It's always a pleasure working with such nice brides like you. I hope you have a wonderful wedding. Share some of your pictures to us. Thank you and God Bless Gemma and team

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 amanda r

Gemma and her staff were great! She listened to all the ideas i had and followed through perfectly. She made my dress exactly how i had envisioned it. Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Lisette W

I purchased a final sale dress, which I was able to see a ton of potential in, but needed the right visionary to bring it to life. I tried two dress shops prior to setting an appointment with Gemma (because it was quite the drive for me); in which, both experiences left me in... Read More tears and fearful that I was going to be stuck with a dress that I did not love (yet). The second I met Gemma I knew I had the gal for the job. I have never before met anyone who could get in my head give my vision life (EVER) and to the level she did! The entire experience from start to finish will be treasured, forever. Gemma’s talent is unparalleled and her kind heart and loving spirit are invaluable parts of the process. Not only did she completely transform my dress into exactly what I dreamed of (and more), over quite a few appointments and in a time crunch, she left the sweetest note in my dress bag - which made for a beautiful and cherish tearful moment right before getting dressed. That note solidified my realization that people like Gemma are truly blessings from above. Her vision, creativity, understanding, compassion, patience and professionalism are gifts that shine brightly through her work. I appreciate not only finding an amazing seamstress, who I will bring all my business to forever, but that I was fortunate enough to have made such wonderful memories with her, her sister, my sister, mother and niece in your shop. Believe me when I say, she is MORE than worth the drive – from anywhere!! Thank you, Gemma! -Lisette (Wilson) Bray

Great Transformation!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Emily S

I bought my dress from a consignment bridal store. It is a Maggie Sottero dress that was previously a sample dress at another salon. It was a great deal but the dress with dirty and a little big. Gemma helped me transform it into the dress of my dreams! She listened to exactly... Read More what I wanted and was even available to chat over facebook when I had my bridal freak out moments! She was so sweet and kind and worked very hard to make me feel like a princess! I would and have recommended her to my friends and family!

Great!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Rita C

Gemma did a great job altering my wedding dress. She made it so that it fit me like a glove. The only thing that I would suggest that she needs to work on is her appointment times. There were several instances where I had to wait 30 minutes before being seeing even though I had... Read More made an appointment. Otherwise, they are absolutely amazing!

Most amazing experience!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 juliet m

Gemmas was absolutely amazing, and her sister too! They were so kind and ready to take on a huge challenge!! I'm in a wheelchair and had a dress 10 sizes too big, Gemma was not scared and she went above and beyond!! She spent hours working on my dress! Oh and she also created... Read More the best huge statement bows for my flower girls!

2016-01-30T10:25:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful and thoughtful review. You are an amazing girl. My sister and I had fun on our fitting sessions. You and your family were wonderful people. Thank you for being a kind person and God Bless you.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Amanda G

I could not speak more highly of Gemma and the work that she did for my wedding dress. I wanted to wear my mother's wedding dress, who passed away when I was 10, as my gown. It had been about 30 years old and needed some serious updates. I told Gemma that I wanted my mother's... Read More dress to look like Maggie Sottero's Bronwyn, and she made it even better than I could ever have imagined! I live in Ohio and wanted my grandmother (my mom's mom) who lives in Arizona to be a part of the alteration experiences so every time I flew home Gemma did a little bit more to my dress. Gemma has an amazing skill set and an eye for bridal wear. She genuinely cared about what I wanted and did quality work. I am so happy that Gemma could make my dream come true and have my mother be with me on my special day! Thank you Gemma!

2015-11-26T11:28:15 Response from the vendor

A perfect Thanksgiving message for me. I was tearful reading this message of yours " I am so happy that Gemma could make my dream come true and have my mother be with me on my special day". You are beautiful inside and out and... Read Less Read More

Customized Dress

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Ashley G

I found a dress at Brilliant Bridal. It was almost perfect but I wasn't comfortable with strapless. Gemma knew exactly what to do and made all alterations look like they were original. I had tons of compliments on my dress!

2015-11-12T12:37:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful comment on your review. Please share your pictures when you get them. Thanks again.

Gemma is the best!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

Gemma is truly magical when it comes to wedding dress alterations. I was blessed to have her do my my build up on my wedding dress. She completely redesigned the top of my dress just as I imagined it would look. I really thought what I was asking for was too much but she was... Read More very confident in her work and I must say the dress came out stunning! Her work is pristine and I would recommend any bride to her! Thank you Gemma for making my dress the dress of my dreams.

2015-11-06T23:08:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for writing me a genuine and wonderful review. What an amazing experience creating your dream build up. You are so patient and kind. Amber thank you again. Hope to see some of your pictures. Take care and have a wonderful honeymoon.... Read Less Read More

Great Flexibility, Professionalism and Workmanship!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Gemma's salon is very professional and the workmanship is high quality. She takes the bride's vision and make it a reality. With her experience, Gemma is able to provide a bride several options to fix an issue and she guides you to make the right decision! Thank you Gemma for... Read More making my wedding gowns a dream come true!!

2015-10-23T20:25:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jen. You are an awesome bride. Take care.

Greatest Vender I Worked With

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Brooke B

Gemma's Fashion was beyond good to me! I took in a sweetheart cut dress and she built me a dress top of my dreams. She gave me lace straps with an open key-hole back. It was better than I could have ever expected. Gemma's sister was remarkable to work with as well. She was so... Read More sweet, she always helped me get into my dress, and found me the perfect undergarments. I would recommend Gemma's Fashion to anyone for any type of alterations. They make sure you're in love with your item and they keep you up to date on progress. I am so glad I went to Gemma's Fashion for my gown. It was such a great experience. Thank you for all the beautiful work you did for me. I felt like a princess in my dress!

2015-10-22T21:16:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you girl for the wonderful comment. It was a pleasure working with you. I truly appreciate your honesty and I hope you send us pictures especially with the sash. Best, Gemma

Gemma's is Top Notch!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kimberly L

Wow, I don't even know where to begin here. My bridal salon measured incorrectly and I ended up with a dress that was 4 sizes too small. I was almost in tears and so heartbroken that my dream dress wasn't even fixable. Gemma stepped up, contacted the bridal salon, and assured me... Read More that she would do everything she could do to help me. Within a few hours, I had a call that the bridal salon was switching out my dress for one that was a size or two larger than the size I needed. I cried, but not tears of frustration. They were tears of utter joy! Gemma's work is nothing short of amazing. I looked forward to each fitting, and every time my dress became more and more perfect. She even helped me pick out earrings and a headpiece! With a hug and words of encouragement, she sent me on my way when I picked up the dress a couple days before the wedding. I'm a curvier bride, and the dress fit so perfectly on my wedding day. I got so many compliments on the and it truly was breathtaking. The alterations were affordable and each stitch was perfect! Thank you, Gemma. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You turned a potentially disastrous situation into one of the most beautiful moments of my life. If you're looking for alterations with a seamstress who truly cares for each of her clients, run to see Gemma!!

2015-10-14T09:48:41 Response from the vendor

My Kimmy, Thank you for the wonderful review and kind words. You are an amazing girl and I would do it again to help you. You and Mom and your entire wedding party were amazing. I hope to see some pictures soon. Thanks Gemma

I recommend Gemma!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Gemma kind of blew me away, honestly. She helped me not only to alter my dress to fit perfectly, but also to add custom beadwork to my exact specifications. She was very knowledgeable, does great work, and was fun to work with. A great gal, with a great shop (and the pricing... Read More ain't bad either :). I recommend her highly.

2015-10-12T00:16:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a review. I wish you all the very best in life Chica. Thank you Gemma

Flawless

Reviewed on 7/24/2015

Gemma is full of talent, skill and passion about her work. It is truly incredible what she can do! She altered my wedding dress and all 6 of my bridesmaids dresses. I bought my wedding dress 2 sizes too big because of the incredible deal I got on it. Little did I know how much... Read More work that would take to make it a perfect fit, but Gemma made it flawless. My bridesmaids dresses were sleeveless and the tops all needed to be lined underneath- another huge job but Gemma was ready for the challenge. The dresses were done in excellent timing and they were absolutely perfect. Now after seeing her work she is the only one I would trust with all my dresses! The fabric on each was a delicate lace, but even then she was able to work her magic and added the cutest sleeves and lined each one perfectly with the exact fabric. You would never know the dresses were originally sleeveless and unlined. They were well altered and fit each girl so beautifully. Gemma works very hard to create the beautiful dresses she does. She also has the knowledge and skill to make sure things are done the right way. I am so grateful for her dedication, she is the best of the best.

2015-07-27T00:05:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful comment. I am glad that you had a great time on your wedding. Thank you for the pictures too. Gemma

Janet

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Jancy C

Gemma and her staff were friendly, professional, prompt, and creative. I came to Gemma after going into a panick-mode. I was getting desperate because my wedding was a month away. The seamstress I was working with prior to meeting Gemma and her staff was unable to complete the... Read More alterations for my dress due to lack of skill. I explained the alterations I wanted to Gemma. She was so helpful and supportive and assured me that the alterations I was requesting sounded like they would be easy to make and that she specializes in wedding dress redesign. The end result of my wedding dress was better than I had ever imagined. She is so imaginative, sweet, and takes pride in her work. She honestly loves what she does and it shows in her work. Thank you Gemma for giving me a beautiful wedding dress and gorgeous hair clip. You are wonderful!

2015-07-20T15:15:13 Response from the vendor

It was a wonderful experience working with you. You are kind and a sweet person. I would do it again with you. I hope you send us some pictures. Take care always Gemma and Lyn

Just what and who I needed!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015

Not only did the women at Gemma's Fashion and Sewing work very hard to ensure my satisfaction with my experience there in Gemma's store, encluding the work they did to custom create my dress for my wedding, they worked hard to become my friends. I felt so comfortable there... Read More with them and felt like they were really listening to what I wanted. Each time going in, if I changed my mind and wanted something different, they changed the dress! Making sure I would love each part of it. Gemma herself would even text me pictures of the progression of the dress between appointments! I have a special religious lifestyle and culture, they also worked very professionally and respectfully with me to ensure that they were treating my faith reverence. I would go to them again for any occasion and I do highly recommend them to anyone who wants to feel beautiful and have a positive experience!

2015-07-20T15:13:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for a very nice review. We love you Miriam and I hope you will visit us again someday. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help and be a part of your wedding. Thank you. Gemma and Lyn