On-Location Bridal Hair and Makeup Styling

Genica Lee is a professional Albuquerque-based Makeup Artist with a resume that spans TV, Bridal, Film, Print and more! Genica has over fifteen years of experience in hair & makeup. With extensive training and certifications with Aveda, Fred Segal Beauty and MAC. Genica will travel to any destination around the world to provide services for your special day.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Albuquerque, NM Based in NM but will travel anywhere (505) 315-2762

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Susan C

Amazing! Best wedding decision I made! Genica came out to Hacienda Vargas in Algodones for no additional charge. I am not a girly girl so I didn't feel confident doing my own make up. I wanted to feel pretty and look 'different' for my wedding but still look natural. Genica got... Read More it perfect, she made me feel like a beautiful bride. I can not even express how in debt I am to her! Thank you Genica!!

2015-11-07T11:52:08 Response from the vendor

Susan, you are the sweetest soul I have ever met! Thank you for trusting me to touch your flawless face on your day of love! So grateful to you, and I am so happy to have met you. xoxo

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Bryanah Y

Genica is incredibly professional and an absolute sweetheart! I am truly blessed to have her help make me beautiful for my wedding. She transformed all the ladies into beautiful butterflies. She is punctual and a true gem. Her work looks natural (not over done at all!) and... Read More she caters to your needs. If you don't like something, just ask, she will be happy to adjust your look to whatever you're looking for! Not just for make-up but for hair as well! Pick Genica for your wedding! She will not disappoint! Thank you Genica for doing such a beautiful job at my wedding!

2015-11-07T11:54:01 Response from the vendor

Bryanah, you know how much I adore you and your sweet family, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your kindness and love. You are a true gem. THANK YOU.

So excited I found Genica!!

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 Michelle A

I was recommender to Genica by our photographer after my first makeup vender did not work out. I do not live in Albuquerque and only had one day left in town. When I called Genica, she was able to find a way to get me in same day. She was even willing to come meet me. I had... Read More shown her pictures of the look I was going for and everything came out even better! Genica is amazing not only because of her great talent but also it's so nice you can tell she really cares. She wants you to get exactly what you want no matter how long it takes. I am so excited to work with her on my big day!!!

2015-02-20T21:39:40 Response from the vendor

So happy to have met you and am super excited for your day of love!!! Thank you for your kind review. See you soon!!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Denna C

Genica was awesome! I almost didn’t hire someone to do my hair and makeup, but I am so glad I found Genica. It was such a blessing. She is so talented. I wish I could have her do my hair and makeup every day. She made me look great for my ceremony. She even put up with my... Read More crazy brother while she was working.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Nick B

Genica is the kindest and most loving soul you'll ever meet. I knew she was going to be amazing in her work from our consult, but what really sold me was her personality and thoughtfulness. She is an incredibly professional person but doesn't put aside being a beautiful human... Read More being. I would recommend her to anyone for any occasion. So much love to her!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Erin P

Genica was so wonderful to work with!! She has the sweetest soul and is incredibly talented. We did a trail run and she was not only amazingly quick, but spot on. First run was absolutely perfect! She was also so patient and helpful along the way (with all my questions and... Read More lack of knowledge in the beauty area). On the wedding day she came up to Santa Fe to do my hair, as well as 6 other ladies. She tracked me down and jumped right in. Everyone's hair looked just amazing, we were so thrilled! When she was about to finish up, she put flowers in my hair. Genica then decided that all of the other ladies needed some as well. So sweet of her to want to go back through everyone and do that. It was the perfect touch, just gorgeous! I am so thrilled with Genica Lee!! It was so much fun to work with her and my hair was just incredible! Loved the entire experience.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Morgan D

I feel so blessed to have met Genica and to have had her doll me up for my wedding! She's every girl's dream makeup artist in that she can make you look like the best version of yourself. My makeup was striking and natural all at the same time--very elegant, tasteful, and... Read More exactly what I wanted. In addition to making me feel absolutely gorgeous, she is also one of the most genuinely kind and joyful people I have ever met. Her smile and sweet spirt is infectious! Last minute weather woes were giving myself and the bridal party a little anxiety but when Genica showed up she had us all laughing and having a blast within minutes. She is truly a gem and you'd be out of your mind to hire anyone else for your special day!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Elizabeth C

Genica is AMAZING!!! I hired her for my wedding. She did my grandma's hair, my mom's hair and makeup and of course my hair and makeup. I don't even have words to express how beautiful she made all of us look!!! She is a makeup angel! Throughout the night everyone was telling me... Read More I looked beautiful, and multiple people asked me who had done my hair and makeup. The hair and makeup were still beautiful by the end of the night. Hiring her was definitely one of the best decisions I made planning my dream day. THANK YOU THANK YOU GENICA!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Bonnie M

Genica helped to ease my wedding nightmares!! Seriously. I was having a lot of wedding anxiety dreams and once I hired her, they stopped. She did a fansastic job with my hair and make-up (I couldn't believe that the waves she did in my hair stayed ALL day and all night... Read More long!!!). The extensions that I brought to her looked amazing too, completely natural. She also did a wonderful job of hair and make up for my mother and she did hair for my maid of honor and three flower girls. Everyone was happy and looked fabulous!! She also has a very calm vibe while she does her thing and is extremely pleasant and just lovely to be around. Thank you Genica for everything!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Lacey D

Genica is AMAZING. I am not always great at articulating what I want in my hair and makeup, but it wasn't hard for Genica to nail it right away. I absolutely love how it turned out for my wedding day. On top of that, because she comes to you, it made it very convenient to get... Read More ready with my friends in a relaxing atmosphere. She did great with my two flower girls as well (ages 5 and 7). Genica was such a joy to work with; she did an amazing job and she is also one of the sweetest people I've ever met.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Jordan K

Genica is not only an amazing person but she is incredible at her job. I got married in June and she made me feel the most beautiful i've ever felt. I have a hard time trusting anyone with my hair but she completely exceeded my expectations and it was so pretty. My makeup was... Read More more of a natural look and turned out amazing in all of the pictures. I also had 8 bridesmaids and I am so grateful that she was willing to accommodate all of them along with my mom! She is a breath of fresh air on a very stressful day. She kept me calm during the whole process and I thank her so much for that. I would highly recommend her, she will make you feel your best! Once again thank you so much and I can't wait to see you at the next wedding our family has!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Heather F

Genica is wonderful! Her hair/makeup for my wedding was amazing and natural, and she was phenomenal at putting me at ease on a hectic day. She's endlessly gracious and affirming, and she moves mountains to work with you. From coming to my in-laws' house for a makeup trial to... Read More arriving early to do my makeup on my wedding day (immediately after working on another wedding, no less), she was a joy to work with! And her prices were excellent as well.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Magdalena M

Genica was not only sweet and charismatic but she was so professional and TALENTED. I am so thankful that I went with her for my makeup and my bridal party's makeup and hair. She was an absolute delight to work with and her work speaks for itself!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Diane F

Genica is amazing! I would highly recommend you use her on your wedding day! Genica did my hair and it was exactly what I had envisioned! She also incorporated vintage hair pins that my husband's late grandfather had made. It was exquisite! Genica is professional, fun, and... Read More efficient! I appreciated that it didn't take all morning to do my hair. She does beautiful work in record time!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Katie T

Absolutely loved Genica and her work. She is such a sweetheart and my makeup turned out beautifully!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Taylor H

This lady is phenomenal. Let me start off by saying that I had a sunrise elopement. This meant Genica had to start my hair and make up at 4:45am, and she did so without complaint! My trial was really fun. She somehow managed to do a great job on my makeup even though I was... Read More talking the whole time, and she was open to anything I wanted to change, which wasn't much. The morning of, I decided I wanted to stack my lashes, and she did so with ease, She did a beautiful job on my hair and makeup. Both lasted through tears, a nap, and into the first evening of my honeymoon. What I am even more thankful for is that she did an excellent job of helping me stay calm! The morning of was my first time seeing the flower crown I ordered from a local florist, and upon opening it, I was near panic mode. It was NOT what I wanted at all, and there was no time to get a new one. Genica was really sweet and reassuring about it. She kept telling me that we would make it work, and it would be fine. I did end up having issues with the crown during the ceremony, but for her part, she helped me hide what I didn't like under my hair and kept me from freaking out! I am so thankful I got to work with Genica. She has a beautiful spirit, and she was the perfect fit for my day! (:

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Catherine A

There are seriously not enough words to describe how grateful I am to have found Genica to do my wedding hair & makeup. She not only is crazy talented at what she does, she is also a beautiful person (inside & out!), and her calming presence on the wedding day was invaluable.... Read More She was flexible, on-time, and just full of "yes" - I didn't have a finalized headcount of friends and family who wanted H/MU until a few days before the wedding, and she was still able to accommodate with the right number of amazing assistants. From the beginning, she was super responsive and helpful in answering all my questions. She took time out of her busy schedule to come to my house for the trial run (something I'm SO glad we did - even though we went with a slightly different style on the day of the wedding, it was helpful to get an idea of what does and doesn't work...and getting to spend more time with this awesome lady was an obvious plus!). She was open to my comments, but then also gave her professional advice when I didn't know what I wanted (and as someone who is not used to wearing proper makeup and having fancy hair, I definitely needed that). On the day of the wedding I was way more nervous than I expected to be, and Genica gave me all the quiet I needed as she worked her magic on me. This quiet time was perfect for setting me up to be present for that special day, and her mad beauty skills made me feel so beautiful and confident the whole day long. And I don't mean to put him on blast, but just to give her full credit, the groom totally cried happy tears when he saw me ;-P

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Lauren M

Genica not only did a wonderful job on my wedding hair and make-up, but she seriously is the sweetest and was a joy to be around. She has true talent and worked wonders. Her team was efficient with my bridesmaids and had us all beautiful right on time. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Morgan B

Genica is absolutely amazing!! Not only will she make you and your bridal party look incredible, she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Her genuine and kind energy calmed me down on my big day and she was s joy to work with. I looked forward to every time I saw... Read More her. On my wedding day she brought along 3 assistants because my bridal party was so big and they were all magnificent and we were all finished with time to spare. I can't say enough about her and her team! Love you Genica!!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Linsey M

I can't say enough nice things about Genica. I was very nervous when I started the process of finding a make up artist for my big day because I hardly wear any make up. Thankfully my awesome photographer sent me Genica's way with a great referral. After my first correspondence... Read More with Genica I could tell how sweet and genuine she is. She actually already had a wedding booked on our wedding day but graciously made time in her busy schedule to accommodate myself, my mom and 4 of my bridesmaids before she had to go doll up her other wedding party. When I met her at my trail (which she drove to my house to do) I felt so comfortable with her. She is just the sweetest and has the warmest spirit. My make up was EXACTLY what I wanted, so natural and beautiful. She truly made me feel like a princess on my big day and my mom and all of my girls looked stunning! I highly recommend Genica and will definitely work with her the next time I need my make up done! :)

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Jennifer B

We used Genica (despite not doing any trial runs) because of her stellar reviews. She more than lived up to her incredible reputation. Not only is she superb at both hair and makeup but she is also a great person to be around. 3 people in the wedding party (very different... Read More styles) had both hair and makeup done and she exceeded our expectations. You cannot go wrong with her, you will love her just like everyone else does!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Yuliana Z

WOW!!!! If you have found Genica's page, you really should not continue searching anymore. There are literally not enough words to describe Genica and her outstanding work. She is so professional, and her skills are amazing. I literally couldn't have imagined better hair and... Read More makeup for my wedding day (and I am super picky!). The hair and makeup lasted the whole night and I really felt so beautiful. In addition, she is super fun and easy going person. You definitely will not regret having her spend a good portion of your wedding day with you and your family. She ended up doing my mother-in law makeup and two of my bridesmaids, and all of them were extremely satisfied and happy with her and her work. <3 Love Yuliana

2016-07-02T20:19:08 Response from the vendor

Beautiful, beautiful Yuliana!! I have been talking about you and your sister ever since, and you both belong in magazines! Stunning souls inside and out. Thank you so much for your kind words, and thank you for hiring this girl to be part of your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Rachel K

Genica is amazing!! Genica and her assistant did a phenomenal job doing my family and I's hair and makeup. They were so down to earth and nice and made me feel calm. They were extremely patient and able to recreate the inspiration photos my sister and I gave. I have never felt... Read More as beautiful then on my wedding day. My hair and makeup were beyond perfect. I highly recommend Genica Lee!

2016-06-06T15:04:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much, Rachel! You are the reason I love my job so much, and I am beyond grateful to you for the opportunity to work with you and your family! Thank you thank you thank you!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Jordan B

I so enjoyed my experience with Genica Lee. Everyone loved my hair and how she was able to incorporate my mother's hand made head piece. She was so patient and only used the best of products which helped my sensitive skin not to break out afterwards. Had a blast and just a good... Read More person in general. She was punctual, listened to my requests even last minute ones, and really tried to understand the look I was going for on my wedding day. Thank you again! Made me feel so special and beautiful!

2016-06-06T15:06:43 Response from the vendor

I am SO HAPPY you were happy with everything, and I loved your sweet vibe! Thank you for letting me doll you up on your special day!! I hope you are enjoying being married!! xoxoxo THANK YOU.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Isabel P

Genica is a dream-extremely talented, puts you at ease, very friendly and honest and just a beautiful person overall. She took my tips as to what colors/looks I wanted for my wedding day and was able to exceed my expectations. I had eyelashes applied which stayed on without a... Read More problem all night. My makeup stayed practically flawless throughout the day/evening. My hair was longer than what I had anticipated, yet she was able to come up with a last-minute hairdo which is still the talk among all my friends and family. It was stunning!! The makeup was so well-applied that all my pictures looked great-day, night, indoors, outdoors. She gave me the perfect look and it was a pleasure to work with her. I couldn't have been happier!! I recommend no one else but Genica.

2016-06-06T15:07:52 Response from the vendor

Isabel, I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU for simply being the best human ever! THANK YOU for hiring me and trusting me with your beauty on your day of love. XOXOXO

Genica Lee

I have managed to find myself in a job that combines my passions - love, people and beauty. I began this journey in 2001 and have been fortunate enough to work with Aveda, MAC, and now on my own. I am inspired by authenticity, natural beauty and kind and happy hearts, and I am so grateful for every human being that crosses my path.