Beautiful, Timeless, Experienced Photo and Video

Beautiful and timeless artistic and documentary photo and video, with over a decade of professional experience, Genovese Studios provides photography and video services from Houston to Galveston and beyond! We’re committed to providing our clients with the highest quality photography and video possible at an exceptional value! We offer complete wedding day photography and video packages starting at only $2,000, and we’re happy to customize a package or coverage to fit your needs. Contact us for a full list of our photography services and pricing and find out why our experience matters!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Rehearsals + Parties

Destination Weddings, Photo, Second Shooter Available

Houston & Destination Weddings (225) 772-9143

Reviewed on 7/20/2016

Chris Genovese is everything you want in a wedding photographer and then some. From our initial phone call to the last shot on the wedding day, he was phenomenal. He was extremely professional, knew what he was talking about, and made sure we knew exactly what we were going to... Read More get. We didn't actually meet him in person until our engagements but he was so friendly and made us feel very comfortable throughout the shoot despite having just met. Those pictures were amazing and the work he and Lauren did for our wedding were absolutely stunning! I can't stop looking at the pictures; every time I go through them I love them more and more. They were able to capture every important moment of our day without being in the way. You will hardly know he's there! You can feel the emotions of the day through the photographs. We couldn't have asked for better and can't thank them enough! We loved working with him so much we recommended him to my brother-in-law and his fiance, so we have the pleasure of seeing Chris again in January! All in all, if you want beautiful pictures and a photographer with a fantastic personality, look no further. This is it.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017

I can't say enough about how absolutely wonderful Genovese Ashford Studios is!! From the very first conversation I had with Chris Genovese, I knew his company was the right fit for mine and my husbands wedding photographer! He did our engagement pictures a couple of months... Read More before our wedding, and he made us feel so comfortable the entire time! He had an eye for certain locations & the lighting that was impressive! He was so laid back and genuine. He even allowed us to bring our two 80-90lb dogs for a couple of shots! My husband was so impressed with our decision! Our wedding day was even more perfect & thanks to him & Jenny, our day was captured beautifully! Jenny was just as amazing and so easy to work with! Not only was she providing exceptional photography, but she was so sweet to continuously check in with me & make sure I didn't need anything prior to my ceremony! I highly recommend Genovese Ashford Studios! You will not regret it! They are beyond amazing!! Great photographers & even better people! I can't Thank them enough!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Lindsay P

Chris was absolutely amazing during our entire wedding preparation! Since the very first day we booked him he was always available for help and easy to get in touch with. He made everything so easy for us and we never had to stress! We both immediately felt at ease shooting our... Read More engagement photos with him. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera...but we had absolutely no trouble at all with Chris. He allowed us to be ourselves and encouraged us to just have fun! Chris is very organized, professional, and is an extremely calming presence which was very much appreciated. He made our engagement photos and wedding day go by smoothly without any trouble. Not only did he capture everything we wanted on our wedding day, but he was able to give us wonderful memories to last forever. I would highly recommend Genovese Ashford for your wedding photography!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Ashley M

Chris and his team were so easy to work with for my engagement shoot, bridal shoot and wedding. I was very impressed with the final pictures and how easy going and flexible he was with the many specific photos I wanted, including working with our crazy dogs. Communication was... Read More great as well and even went above and beyond for our engagement shoot when unexpected things came up out of our control but he knew how special that time was for us and gave us beautiful pictures to look back on. Thank you for making this all a beautiful dream to remember! I highly recommend Chris's team!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Leslie M

I can't say enough good things about Genovese Ashford Studios! Chris Genovese took our Engagement Photos, did my Bridal Portraits, and photographed our Wedding and Reception. Everything was beautiful. We don't feel very photogenic but Chris made us look amazing. Chris took... Read More his time and helped us create incredible memories.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017

Genovese Ashford Studios did a great job with our wedding!! They had great attention to detail to make sure they captured the whole night for us. My husband and I are both from big families and had alot of variables when it came to getting the pictures taken. They were very... Read More organized and knew exactly what pictures to take and where everyone needed to be. It was great not having to stress about getting everyone in place!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Jessica D

The whole Genovese Ashford team is awesome! They are very professional yet extremely friendly and easy to work with. Jennifer and DJ photographed our wedding, and all the pictures are beautiful! They are both easy going and rolled right along with all the craziness of the... Read More day. The online portal is extremely user friendly! With all the stress of planning a wedding, I never felt any anxiety about my pictures. The team really provides a seamless process!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Meghan D

You guys did a wonderful job capturing our wedding day on April 1, 2017. You took the time to get down what we wanted out of the experience and we thank you so very much for that. Aaron and Meghan Dunn

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kimberly C

Chris was referred to me by my sister. He is reliable and friendly to work with. He makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera and isn't too heavy on the photoshop. The only reason I did not give five stars is because I filled out a questionnaire and requested... Read More certain pictures. Not all of them were captured but I did get some great shots. Overall I'd recommend him.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Michelle P

Chris and Kim were amazing! They showed up on time and were very easy to work with and professional! They took amazing photographs too!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Jimmy N

Chris and his team are simply the best! From the moment we started to search for our wedding photographers, we were sold immediately after meeting Chris for the first time. His ability to shoot in Houston and New Orleans, made it even better! He was extremely kind, courteous,... Read More professional, and flexible to our requests. He is also a great guy to just talk to and to witness his joy for photography is also a bonus! He created comfortable and natural environments and positioning for shots and we didn't feel stressed or "forced" into weird "poses". He is a must hire! By the way, that's coming from the Groom. My wife has even more good things to say!

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Jenny

I can't say enough to describe how wonderful Chris was to work without throughout the entire process. From our engagement photos to my bridal shoot to our wedding day, he captured every moment so perfectly and was so easy to work with. His photography is beautiful both indoors... Read More and outdoors and he truly listens to what you want to get out of your pictures. We knew he would be great to work with after seeing my brother in law's wedding and were blown away by the pictures he took. I highly recommend Chris for your big day and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Sherron R

I was BLOWN away by Chris Genovese's work! He truly captures every detail within a photo and is so fun to work with! I loved my bridals and our wedding photos are spectacular. Him and his team captured every single moment of our wedding day and we will be cherishing these photos... Read More for a life time.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Deanna K

Chris was AMAZING! Such a great personality and he was so much fun to have as a part of our wedding. He was open to creative suggestions, even when it meant running across the street to the park. They have top of the line equipment, no bright flashes in your face. Our... Read More photos are absolutely beautiful. Our photographer was the most important vendor in my opinion, and I am so glad we picked Genovese Ashford.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Melissa M

Chris Genovese is the best wedding photographer in the business. You are sure to feel confident and comfortable from the initial phone call to your wedding day send-off. He has amazing communication, promptness and professionalism. I knew my engagements, bridals and wedding day... Read More photos would turn out impeccable. I highly recommend Genovese-Ashford!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 kira b

We fully endorse GenoveseAshford for any special event photography! Chris was an absolute pleasure to work with and super patient with my now wife and our puppy at the time. We had initially worried about potential issues with same sex weddings, but there was nothing but respect... Read More for us, our family, and our love from the GenoveseAshford team. We did engagement photos with him along with our day of and we could not be happier. He and his team were able to capture so many wonderful moments and everything worked out so smoothly throughout our day (we literally did not notice where they were). Also, compared to other wedding packages, their prices were very reasonable and they certainly delivered on quality. We will be calling Chris back for any and all future photo shoots with our growing family! I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Amanda S

I absolutely loved working with Genovese-Ashford studios. Chris shot both our engagement and wedding photos – and we were extremely happy with the product. I cannot say enough great things. I had 100% confidence in his direction for the engagement photo shoot and knew the... Read More photos would turn out beautiful. He was so easy to work with, punctual, personable, organized, talented, and answered ANY question – we weren’t even sure how to cut our wedding cake and before he took the photos he motioned how we were supposed to do it. ☺ It is amazing how perfect the photos look, especially with how chaotic your wedding day is. We cannot stop looking at the photos and have received nothing but compliments from others on the wedding photos. Highly recommend Chris Genovese and team!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Samantha W

Absolutely loved working with Genovese Ashford for our engagement and wedding pictures. We had the pleasure of working with both Kim and Chris, and I would highly recommend both of them. They were very easy to work with... They were organized, accommodating, prompt, and most... Read More importantly, enthusiastic about and amazing at what they do. We loved all of our pictures!! They did such a great job capturing every special moment at our wedding! We will definitely use them in the future for other events.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Paul H

All 5 stars for sure!! My husband and I were so thankful to have Genovese Ashford Studios at our wedding, they captured it perfectly. Chris worked his magic for my bridal portraits and I love them. They are easy to get in contact with, very personable, and want to do what is... Read More best for their customer. The prices are unbeatable and they are true professionals with years of experience. I recommend them to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

Genovese Ashford was wonderful! Our wedding was 6 months ago in Houston and I have finally found the time to sit down and write reviews for all of our wonderful vendors and awesome photographer. Our photographer was Chris and he did our engagement photos, my bridals and our... Read More wedding day. My husband and I live in Chicago but are from Houston so decided to have our wedding in Houston as it was much more convenient for our friends and family (plus I wanted a winter wedding which is not ideal in Chicago). Needless to say traveling back and forth for wedding planning and pictures was quite a challenge and we both had very restrictive schedules, but Chris was so flexible and accommodating and happily worked around our busy schedules. He even shot my bridals the week of Thanksgiving since it was the only time I could be in town before the wedding but after my dress was finished in alterations. We were very happy with our engagement photos and they made for a great save the date! What ultimately convinced me that I had chosen the right photographer was when I saw my bridal portraits. I have never liked how I photograph (regardless of what other people tell me) so I was nervous about having so many individual pictures of myself and was worried that no matter how beautiful my dressed looked I would still not love how I looked. Well, I could not have been more wrong. I can honestly say I loved every single one of my bridal portraits, they were gorgeous! I don’t know how Chris did it, but I could not have been happier. The pictures showed off my dress, veil and bouquet beautifully but also captured my personality too. As far as the wedding, Chris and his assistant were just as great then. I have pictures of every single significant moment and didn’t even notice them during the ceremony but the pictures were all wonderful and really captured all the emotions and fun of the wedding. We ended up with over 700 from the wedding and narrowing it down to 100 for an album was beyond difficult. My mother has already ordered some portraits and an album and the turn-around time is so quick compared to what I expected which is great and the quality is great too. We had a great experience and would absolutely recommend Chris and Genovese Ashford Studios to any couple for their wedding!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Lauren L

I met Chris with Genovese Ashford at a Bridal Show. We had been looking and looking for a photographer and couldn't find one we just loved.....until we met Genovese Ashford. Chris was amazing from start to finish. He met with my fiancé and I and took our engagement pictures. He... Read More put up with my requests of places where I wanted the pictures taken and did a fabulous job catching our pictures before the sun went down. He was very patient with me in creating the timeline and worked with my wedding planner and myself until we got the timeline of the wedding day perfect. On the day of my wedding- they also did an amazing job. They showed up on time, made sure we were on schedule, and captured the events of the day. You almost didn't know they were there sometimes as they stayed out of the way and focused on capturing each part of the day....the getting ready, the ceremony and the reception. We were blown away when we got our pictures back. I love all of them and I wouldn't have changed a thing! My only problem now is choosing only a select handful to put in an album. Thanks Chris and Lauren!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Caroline H

Chris is a very low-key and flexible photographer who also photographed my sister's wedding. He was great throughout the process and is also very responsive to emails. He did our engagement shoot, my bridal portraits, and our wedding. All the photos turned out awesome. He's also... Read More respectful, well-dressed, and not intrusive in the least. I have great photos of our families having fun on the dance floor (apparently not noticing him or his second shooter), and he kept everything on time! We would absolutely use Genovese-Ashford Studios again--no reason to look at other photographers!

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 Jordan H

Our pictures were absolutely amazing!! Could not be more satisfied with Genovese-Ashford Studios! Every part of working with them was easy and stress-free. Kim shot both our engagement session as well as our wedding and was amazing to work with. The quality and attention to... Read More detail is really unbelievable! We are able to get the perfect snap shot of our wedding and all of the amazing feelings, emotions, and memories that we had that night were captured in our pictures. Everyone who has seen our photos has absolutely loved them. Matthew and I would definitely recommend them to all family and friends and to any future bride and groom. Great photographers and so much fun to work with! :)

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Rachael B

I cannot say enough great things about Kim with Genovese Ashford photography! Our engagement pictures and my bridal portraits were amazing, and I can't wait to see all of our wedding photographs! Kim was very professional and easy to work with, and made hours of being... Read More photographed very easy for two non-photogenic people! I couldn't be more pleased with my choice of wedding photographers, and I would recommend Genovese Ashford to anyone I know!

Reviewed on 1/22/2016 Amber B

Chris and his lovely assistant covered our engagement and wedding absolutely FLAWLESSLY. Chris is the most down to earth and personable photographer you will ever meet. I'm so grateful to have found him. I'm obsessively neurotic about photos taken of me (professional... Read More selfie-taker, admittedly) and he helped me to feel comfortable in front of the camera for the first time in my life. My only regret is that I didn't book him for a bridal session (already saving up for a post-dated shoot, I love our photos THAT much!!!) He was down for all of our ideas concerning the engagement shoot in the Heights and is very versatile in any location. Our wedding was very diy- he provided guidance and suggestions that were super helpful and resulted in fantastic shots. They were even up for shooting the metal band that played our wedding! Those ended up being some of our best memories of the evening and I'm so happy to see they were enjoying themselves while doing such amazing work. He was our favorite part of getting married besides, you know, the whole being in love and finding your soulmate thing. I want Chris to shoot my entire life, I cannot recommend Genovese-Ashford highly enough! Everyone is raving about these photos! THANK YOU!!!

Chris Genovese

Chris Genovese is the owner and main photographer for Genovese Studios. Chris has over a decade of professional wedding photography experience, a degree in Fine Art from Louisiana State University, and has been a member of the Professional Photographers of America for over a decade. Chris has a passion for creating stunning images and capturing once in a lifetime moments for his clients, and uses his friendly and outgoing personality to help his clients relax and enjoy the experience of their portraits and wedding day!