Beautiful, Timeless, Experienced Photo and Video

Beautiful, timeless, and artistic documentary photo and video, with over a decade of professional experience, Genovese Studios provides photography and video services from Houston to Galveston and beyond! We’re committed to providing our clients with the highest quality photography and video possible at an exceptional value! We offer complete wedding day photography and video packages starting at only $2,000, and we’re happy to customize a package or coverage to fit your needs. Contact us for a full list of our photography services and pricing and find out why our experience matters!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

Houston, Galveston, and Beyond (225) 772-9143

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Laura B

For our wedding, the absolute most important vendor choice was the photographer. We couldn't have made a better pick than Chris. It wasn't just the value - though that certainly made the choice simpler. It was the easy chemistry Chris had with us as clients and the absolutely... Read More gorgeous photos we ended up with. We had already taken engagement photos, so I had a bridals session with Chris and those also turned out better than I could've dreamed. One of my favorite aspects of working with Chris (and Zach at the wedding) was how relaxed they made you feel. There was no stress, no pressure, and there were plenty of laughs. Chris was so helpful, so patient, and so responsive during the planning process. Especially when it came to the many photo requests my family and I put forward for him on the wedding day. I simply couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Shannon T

Chris/Genovese Studios encompasses that critical combination of laid back and confident , while simultaneously being a good listener and capturing those golden shots. He is easy to have around, and is incredibly thoughtful and communicative throughout the wedding process. For... Read More example, I am not a fan of having my photograph taken and do not enjoy the list of obligatory family photos (even while knowing they are necessary). Chris heard my resistance to the obligatory photo sessions, organized them to move quickly (and they were even a little fun), and then helped us get back to the wedding party-- where he amazingly captured the more meaningful, live moments of the event. The photos are out of this world. I can't say enough about Chris' intuition and ease with the moments and shots that matter on the wedding day. Do not hesitate to work with Genovese Studios.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Lindsay P

Chris was absolutely amazing during our entire wedding preparation! Since the very first day we booked him he was always available for help and easy to get in touch with. He made everything so easy for us and we never had to stress! We both immediately felt at ease shooting our... Read More engagement photos with him. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera...but we had absolutely no trouble at all with Chris. He allowed us to be ourselves and encouraged us to just have fun! Chris is very organized, professional, and is an extremely calming presence which was very much appreciated. He made our engagement photos and wedding day go by smoothly without any trouble. Not only did he capture everything we wanted on our wedding day, but he was able to give us wonderful memories to last forever. I would highly recommend Genovese Ashford for your wedding photography!

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Tina V

We had narrowed down our choice for our wedding photographer to two and after speaking with Chris on the phone, it was clear who we needed to choose. Chris was very genuine and honest and he took the time out to talk to us about what made Genovese Studios different from the... Read More other photographers. I also liked that he was flexible enough to arrange a custom package that was to our liking and cost-effective. On the day of the wedding, Chris and Zach were extremely pleasant and helpful. We really didn't know much about how to pose, but both of them guided us gently and eased our anxieties about how the day would progress. The photos turned out great and we were really impressed by their skills and quality of their work. Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Emily S

Hiring Chris as my photographer for my wedding was the absolute best decision that I could have made. Not only did he deliver beautiful pictures for my engagement photos, bridal portraits, and wedding, but he was such a pleasure to work with. My husband and I felt at ease with... Read More him from the first time we met him. And we actually had a lot of fun working with him throughout our wedding process! Living in Houston, but getting married in Baton Rouge, Chris was very flexible with his schedule and was able to travel with me to Baton Rouge for both my bridal portraits and my wedding. I was extremely happy with every set of pictures he has sent me, and with so many great ones, I am having trouble choosing my favorites! Chris, thank you so much for capturing all of my wedding festivities so perfectly!! I absolutely love all my photos and cant recommend him and his team enough!!

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Shannon O

Amazing!!! Chris was our photographer for our engagements, bridals and wedding. We could not have been happier with all of the photos he took for us. He made us feel so comfortable and captured moments we didn't see! I would recommend Genovese in a heart beat!!!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Lindsey S

Chris did our engagement photos as well as the wedding day. He was incredibly helpful in the preparation for the wedding, looking at the timeline and making suggestions. It helps to have someone who regularly experiences weddings give feedback on the details since we had never... Read More done this before! He took all of our requests and ran with them and came in with ideas of his own as well. The engagements were beautiful and I cannot wait to see the wedding photographs!

Reviewed on 12/23/2017 NATALIE W

Genovese Studios was the best all the way around. Very easy to deal with and made my day seamlessly and easy. My photos came out fantastic including bridals. They captured every moment

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Christal C

Kim and her associate were extremely professional. They were very attentive to my concerns throughout the entire engagements session and leading up to "the big day". My photographs are breathtaking! The team captured my most cherish-able moments and I am forever grateful. I... Read More would recommend this vendor. Truly worth your hard earned money.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Ashley B

Kim and her team were absolutely incredible. From our first phone call, we felt so comfortable with them. Things were a whirlwind the day of our wedding, but they managed to get in every photo combination we were looking for in record time. On top of it, the photos are flawless!... Read More You can't even tell it was 90 degrees and 100% humidity out there. They captured such magical moments all night and were such a delight to work with! I could not recommend them more!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Courtney A

Genovese Studios makes the impossible, possible! Everything I wanted from my photographer happened with this team. Chris is always available to answer questions or make suggestions. The experience this team has is incredible. In many ways Chris doubled as my reception... Read More coordinator for my wedding night. After I told him how I wanted the night to go (order of dances, cake, etc.) he helped me make it happen. He was still my photographer first! Chris and his assistant captured many important memories from that night. My husband and I can’t wait to do our After-Wedding session with him next week!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Ashley M

Chris and his team were so easy to work with for my engagement shoot, bridal shoot and wedding. I was very impressed with the final pictures and how easy going and flexible he was with the many specific photos I wanted, including working with our crazy dogs. Communication was... Read More great as well and even went above and beyond for our engagement shoot when unexpected things came up out of our control but he knew how special that time was for us and gave us beautiful pictures to look back on. Thank you for making this all a beautiful dream to remember! I highly recommend Chris's team!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Leslie M

I can't say enough good things about Genovese Ashford Studios! Chris Genovese took our Engagement Photos, did my Bridal Portraits, and photographed our Wedding and Reception. Everything was beautiful. We don't feel very photogenic but Chris made us look amazing. Chris took... Read More his time and helped us create incredible memories.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017

Genovese Ashford Studios did a great job with our wedding!! They had great attention to detail to make sure they captured the whole night for us. My husband and I are both from big families and had alot of variables when it came to getting the pictures taken. They were very... Read More organized and knew exactly what pictures to take and where everyone needed to be. It was great not having to stress about getting everyone in place!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Jessica D

The whole Genovese Ashford team is awesome! They are very professional yet extremely friendly and easy to work with. Jennifer and DJ photographed our wedding, and all the pictures are beautiful! They are both easy going and rolled right along with all the craziness of the... Read More day. The online portal is extremely user friendly! With all the stress of planning a wedding, I never felt any anxiety about my pictures. The team really provides a seamless process!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017

I can't say enough about how absolutely wonderful Genovese Ashford Studios is!! From the very first conversation I had with Chris Genovese, I knew his company was the right fit for mine and my husbands wedding photographer! He did our engagement pictures a couple of months... Read More before our wedding, and he made us feel so comfortable the entire time! He had an eye for certain locations & the lighting that was impressive! He was so laid back and genuine. He even allowed us to bring our two 80-90lb dogs for a couple of shots! My husband was so impressed with our decision! Our wedding day was even more perfect & thanks to him & Jenny, our day was captured beautifully! Jenny was just as amazing and so easy to work with! Not only was she providing exceptional photography, but she was so sweet to continuously check in with me & make sure I didn't need anything prior to my ceremony! I highly recommend Genovese Ashford Studios! You will not regret it! They are beyond amazing!! Great photographers & even better people! I can't Thank them enough!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Meghan D

You guys did a wonderful job capturing our wedding day on April 1, 2017. You took the time to get down what we wanted out of the experience and we thank you so very much for that. Aaron and Meghan Dunn

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kimberly C

Chris was referred to me by my sister. He is reliable and friendly to work with. He makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera and isn't too heavy on the photoshop. The only reason I did not give five stars is because I filled out a questionnaire and requested... Read More certain pictures. Not all of them were captured but I did get some great shots. Overall I'd recommend him.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Michelle P

Chris and Kim were amazing! They showed up on time and were very easy to work with and professional! They took amazing photographs too!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Jimmy N

Chris and his team are simply the best! From the moment we started to search for our wedding photographers, we were sold immediately after meeting Chris for the first time. His ability to shoot in Houston and New Orleans, made it even better! He was extremely kind, courteous,... Read More professional, and flexible to our requests. He is also a great guy to just talk to and to witness his joy for photography is also a bonus! He created comfortable and natural environments and positioning for shots and we didn't feel stressed or "forced" into weird "poses". He is a must hire! By the way, that's coming from the Groom. My wife has even more good things to say!

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Jenny

I can't say enough to describe how wonderful Chris was to work without throughout the entire process. From our engagement photos to my bridal shoot to our wedding day, he captured every moment so perfectly and was so easy to work with. His photography is beautiful both indoors... Read More and outdoors and he truly listens to what you want to get out of your pictures. We knew he would be great to work with after seeing my brother in law's wedding and were blown away by the pictures he took. I highly recommend Chris for your big day and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Sherron R

I was BLOWN away by Chris Genovese's work! He truly captures every detail within a photo and is so fun to work with! I loved my bridals and our wedding photos are spectacular. Him and his team captured every single moment of our wedding day and we will be cherishing these photos... Read More for a life time.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Deanna K

Chris was AMAZING! Such a great personality and he was so much fun to have as a part of our wedding. He was open to creative suggestions, even when it meant running across the street to the park. They have top of the line equipment, no bright flashes in your face. Our... Read More photos are absolutely beautiful. Our photographer was the most important vendor in my opinion, and I am so glad we picked Genovese Ashford.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Melissa M

Chris Genovese is the best wedding photographer in the business. You are sure to feel confident and comfortable from the initial phone call to your wedding day send-off. He has amazing communication, promptness and professionalism. I knew my engagements, bridals and wedding day... Read More photos would turn out impeccable. I highly recommend Genovese-Ashford!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 kira b

We fully endorse GenoveseAshford for any special event photography! Chris was an absolute pleasure to work with and super patient with my now wife and our puppy at the time. We had initially worried about potential issues with same sex weddings, but there was nothing but respect... Read More for us, our family, and our love from the GenoveseAshford team. We did engagement photos with him along with our day of and we could not be happier. He and his team were able to capture so many wonderful moments and everything worked out so smoothly throughout our day (we literally did not notice where they were). Also, compared to other wedding packages, their prices were very reasonable and they certainly delivered on quality. We will be calling Chris back for any and all future photo shoots with our growing family! I can't recommend them enough!

Chris Genovese

Chris Genovese is the owner and lead photographer for Genovese Studios. Chris has over a decade of professional wedding photography experience, a degree in Fine Art from Louisiana State University, and has been a member of the Professional Photographers of America for over a decade. Chris has a passion for creating stunning images and capturing once in a lifetime moments for his clients, and uses his friendly and outgoing personality to help his clients relax and enjoy the experience of their portraits and wedding day!