Your Moments. Forever.

As wedding photography experts, the George Street team has shared inspiration with thousands of brides, helping them capture their vision just as they dreamed it. Serving the San Diego area.

Classic

Engagement

Photo + Video

San Diego, CA (866) 831-4103

They made it easy!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Julianne S

Planning a wedding is supposed to be this joyous, happy thing. But it's not. It's terrible. There are more details than anyone could ever possibly care about. It's madness and it brings more madness. George Street did all the hard work for us in the picture arena. There was... Read More a great consultant who listened to our rambling and helped us pick a photographer we liked. There was a coordinator who would send us gentle reminders with leading questions to help us go from "I couldn't care less at this point" to "this is how I want the best day of my life to be remembered". Best of all, there was a fantastic photographer, Barbora, who captured our personalities, and those of our guests in a way we thought only a friend could. She feels like a friend now, actually. Barbora chatted with us before our wedding to get an idea what we wanted. She somehow didn't scream when we said stuff like "artsy but not hipster, candid but not ugly, laid back but organized". She's a true angel among humans. She was timely, amazingly personal, and truly a warm and beautiful person. In short, George Street helped ease a lot of tension in the process, and we ended up with pictures we LOVE. We couldn't have made a better choice!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Danielle C

This is definitely a long overdue review as our wedding was in May of 2015, however I would be remiss if I didn't review George Street and our phenomenal photographer, Kevin M, better late than never I hope. We didn't get a videographer so this review is just for... Read More photography. George Street was very easy to work with from beginning to end. They were very accommodating with requests, especially when we needed images re-edited. They were very easy to get a hold of and easy to do business with. The price was also great, which is an added bonus. In addition to their own website, we received a flash drive with all of our photos, which made it very easy to print and use as we wanted. Kevin M was our photographer and we did both engagement photos as well as the wedding day. He was absolutely wonderful to work with and takes beautiful photos. Both our engagement photos as well as our wedding took place in La Jolla and he had great suggestions, is extremely knowledgable and very professional. On the day of the wedding he was extremely accommodating and worked well with the timeline as well as with both of our families. I would recommend him to anyone, anytime. My husband and I were extremely happy with both George Street and especially Kevin.

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Bethany S

My husband and I loved George Street Photo & Video! Our package included a lead photographer, associate photographer, and videographer. All three people were fantastic! They captured our moments the way we wanted without being in the way. I would recommend George Street Photo &... Read More Video to everyone!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Kimberly M

My husband and I used George Street for our photographer and videographer. We are so happy that we did. Everyone we worked with was very easy to work with and mad our wedding experience truly amazing.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Aaron M

George Street does an amazing job at advertising. They sold me in their first meeting for providing my photography and videography for my wedding. The company is interesting in that they have different people doing each job in the process. The wedding coordinators are pretty... Read More much the only people you talk to during the process until the week of your wedding. They are very helpful and respond quickly to any questions you may have about the process and whatnot. You aren't able to contact your photographers/videographers until the week of the wedding. Which was kind of weird to me, so I didn't actually meet any of them until the wedding day. As the bride/groom you are to schedule the entire day and essentially book when and where each photographer and videographer would be at any given time. This was difficult for me because I am not a photographer so I didn't know what places might work for photos or not. The wedding coordinators did their best to help but it was frustrating that I couldn't contact my photographers directly to get their advice, especially since I was paying thousands of dollars for their service. I was also frustrated because it wasn't made clear to me that you don't get any of the raw photos. You get "all of the edited ones" which I don't understand. And when hiring a videographer you have to pay 250$ extra to get the raw footage of the day. That isn't included when hiring them. With that being said the photographers and videographers themselves were amazing! They definitely knew exactly what they were doing, they were fun and down to earth! I would highly recommend Greg Cali for your lead photographer for any SD wedding. Also Vikoriya was a perfect additional photographer and Ryan was a great videographer! I haven't received the photos or video back yet but I am looking forward to seeing them! I would definitely recommend these people but there are lots of different rules that come from working with such a large company.

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Chris M

We used George Street as our photographers for our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with the experience. Mia was our lead photographer and she was so amazing and sweet. She paid attention to every detail and from what we have seen so far she was exceptionally good at... Read More her job. We've only gotten a few "sneak peak" shots so far but from what we have seen we are really happy. We are really looking forward to the photos and album!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

Myself and my husband were married on 12/06/15 and used George Street as our preferred photography service. As a couple that works over 60 hours per week each, we needed a way to book a photographer without another super long far away meeting that took hours and needed many more... Read More follow up meetings..George Street delivered just that. They made it so incredibly easy from start to finish. We first took a quiz online that identified what type of photography we liked and this was a huge deal as it allowed our consultant to put together a realistic set of selected photographers that worked exclusively in those genres and were able to capture our wedding in the way we truly wanted. Our consultation was great as we were able to meet at a coffee shop (high five!) and get into the details of the packaging and photographer selection. Picking our photographer was super simple as from the set that were presented, she matched us based on our quiz selections and we felt really comfortable with her. The package pricing was straightforward, clear, and concise without any extra fringe that didn't need to be included. I will be clear that we were only looking for one photographer and online portraits only, so suffice it to say, package selection was super easy, and I am glad we didn't have to pay extra for stuff we didn't need! Payment was done online, with contracts and receipts all taken care of the same way (another high five). We received an email from our photographer about a couple months before the wedding, and were able to meet over the phone, and tell her a little bit more about our personalities and what we were looking for or what may have changed. She was able to see our itinerary online through the George Street portal where addresses, times, names, and events were all included… talk about taking the stress out of the equation! When our photographer arrived the day of the weeding, she was absolutely awesome. She was easy to talk to, easy to work with, and super cool as well. I had an absolute blast with her, and loved her ability to predict when to be where, and always managed to be exactly where she needed to be to get all the good stuff! Everyone in the wedding party as well as many of our guests even commented on how amazing and kind she was as well. We had sneak peaks from George Street a couple weeks after the wedding, then notification of online uploads and availability to download (all included in the package). Communication with George Street was awesome, and totally put us at ease, feeling comfortable and happy with everything we paid for… definitely worth every penny and then some!!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

Reviewed on 2/23/2016

I was really happy that I chose this company. They were extremely thorough in the planning process and walked me through each step when picking and booking the photographer. I loved the ability to see some of the portfolios of the photographers and pick the one i thought would... Read More fit best. They were always very prompt to responding to any questions I had and always helpful. I would highly recommend this company!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015

I can not recommend this photograph company although many of the the pictures they took were wonderful. Reasons: 1-There was very obvious friction between the 2 photographers that caused disruption at the wedding. 2- Although we picked most pictures from the list provided... Read More by GS, the lead photographer kept asking what pics should be taken - during the wedding. For the $$ paid, I expect the lead photographer to know what pictures have been asked for. When asked after the wedding I was told only 22 pictures were requested. When paying for 2 photographers, and if the list received only had supposibly 22 pictures (the list we sent to the portal had almost every picture that was on the list which was many more than 22), I would think GS should / would have questioned this before the wedding. 3- Only after the wedding did we realize there was NO pictures of The immediate family of the bride. 2200 pictures and only 2 pictures of the bride and MOB, and 2 pics of MOB and bride and groom. Not one picture of the brides sibling with her parents or mother or father 4) I questioned if the photographers were sub contracted and was assured this was not the case. The lead photographer had her own business I was told was not the case. It is the case.

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Jasmin O

They capture all of the important moments!

Reviewed on 11/26/2015 Fangzhou Z

We were very pleased with the experience of working with George Street! They were so friendly and professional throughout the entire process. We are very happy with the photographer and videographer that our wedding planning team picked for us. They captured the best and most... Read More beautiful moments of our wedding night for us. We are very grateful that we chose to work with George Street for our wedding.

Great Pictures

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Becky W

We liked the ability to choose our own photographer. We also got to choose which shots we want and upload a pinterest page of images we liked. I am excited to get our coffee table book as well as see the video!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Nikki C

I have had a pretty bad experience with GSP. After the initial meeting I was hooked and very excited. Then came time to plan my engagement shoot. I had issues with my changing my photo shoot which finally was resolved. My wedding day came and after I was very upset that there... Read More were pictures that I really wanted taken and expressed through their client portal and they were never taken. My Pinterest Wedding Photo page was supposed to be a checklist for the photographer and he never even looked at. Once I received my photos I was extremely disappointed. Horrible angles and some of the photos I was really looking forward to are missing. My suggestion is to pass- we spent a lot of money and did not receive quality.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Melissa M

We are incredibly happy we booked our photographers through George Street! We worked with lead photographer, Eva Ho, and assistant photographer, Christian. We were looking for a more photojournalistic/modern style and they were great to work with. They are both very talented... Read More and captured the day beautifully. We just reviewed our preview photos and the quality of the photos are truly amazing. They captured each moment with emotion through gorgeous colors and well composed images. The booking process was also a breeze. They made it very easy to find a photographer and were always quick to respond to any questions. Thank you George Street! We have already recommended you to our friends getting married next year!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Lisa G

I got married last June and had Kate as my main photographer. She did a fantastic job on both the engagement and wedding photos and I would absolutely recommend her. I also liked that they had such great customer service and willing to help with anything we needed. We got all of... Read More our products (photos, video and photo book) prior to when the expected delivery date was.

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Ellen P

I was recommended to use George Street from a friend. She had family members use this company and she was planning on using it for her own wedding. We both were devastated when the photographer we had chosen canceled on us and we BOTH and had to use a back-up. My photos turned... Read More out okay but in the end the whole experience using George Street was just par. I would look else where.

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Maegan R

The concept of George Street wedding photography is very unique. The company is based in Chicago and contracts with local photographers in your area. At first I was a little nervous that the coordinators and editors were in a completely different city, but the company was very... Read More easy to work with. Although I did not communicate very much with my photographer directly, the company did a great job of answering any questions I had quickly and efficiently. A few weeks after my wedding, there was an unexpected death in my family. I was able to call George Street and ask them to send me pictures that my family member was in to use at the funeral. They emailed me the photos within minutes. It is service like this that really impressed me.

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Mila S

We had a great experience with George Street. We started with a consultation that helped us choose the perfect package. Our two photographers and videographers were wonderful. They did a great job on the day of our wedding and all our photos are beautiful. We were very happy and... Read More recommend George Street to anyone! Also, we had an Indian wedding, and our photographers knew exactly what to capture.

Excellent Value!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Laura R

I was so pleasantly surprised at how reasonable George Street's photo and video package was compared to other photo and video vendors! My sales representative was really sweet and made me feel like she really cared about our wedding. She really listened to what I wanted in a... Read More wedding photographer and made some excellent recommendations. We were so happy with the photographer we chose - the shots came out great and he was such a pleasure to have around on our big day! The only downside to using George Street is that you don't get to meet your photo/video team until the actual day of your wedding - the talent actually didn't even get in touch with me until two days before, which was somewhat stressful when you want the details to be perfect! The only other downside is that you don't get to choose a videographer - they just assign one to you. It all turned out great though in the end and we are very pleased with the value that George Street provides!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Katie N

Fun, energetic staff to work with. Our photographer was great and easy to work with. The pre-wedding talk with the photographer really helped with deciding what photos needed to be taken and helped in crating a timeline. Highly recommend!

Great at first

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Erin D

I used George Street Photography for my engagement session and my wedding ceremony/reception. They carefully select a photographer just for you based on your preferences and style, and were very attentive to my needs on the sales side! My engagements in May 2014 were fantastic!... Read More Unfortunately, my wedding pictures (May 2015) were lacking in many ways. I wrote an initial review based on the "preview" pictures I received from George Street (trying to get all my reviews done in a timely manner). The previews were GREAT! The photographer did a fantastic job with all of the portraits, but the detail shots and candids I had asked for were not very good at all. The only pictures that were edited were the handful of "preview" pictures I received. I had to edit the rest of them myself. It was just little things that could have been avoided. Examples: a picture of a wreath, with a half used plastic water bottle in the frame, which could have easily been removed. Or a picture of the mini liquor bottles (for the guys) lined up with a printer in the background. Overall I was a little disappointed with the quality for the price considering I had to spend hours editing the pictures myself. We had a crawfish wedding and I specifically requested a picture of myself and my husband eating some crawfish - I had to hunt down the photographer, and she only got one unusable shot. The second half of the night she spent photographing the older crowd indoors, and completely missed the younger crowd (including myself!) partying outside.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Cara H

Great customer service but the photography itself is mediocre at best. I chose them because their prices were the most reasonable and in retrospect I completely regret not spending more on a better photographer. It's upsetting not to have photos I love to remember my wedding... Read More day!

Wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

I love George Street Photography! We had less than 4 months to plan the wedding (3, by the time we decided on George Street), and practically no idea what we were doing. As soon as you pay your deposit, you are given access to a planning portal. This is very useful if you... Read More don't have a wedding coordinator. It helped for making a schedule of the wedding, and I printed that out to give to our Maid of Honor, Best Man, parents, and other people who would find that schedule useful. They made sure to keep in contact regularly. They gave us a choice of 3 photographers to pick from, so even though we took the test to see what our style was, we were still able to see some samples of their work before we had to decide on one. We went with Brandilynn, who lived in our area (Virginia Beach) and was very familiar with the location. She was great!!! The day of our wedding was cold and rainy. The inside of the church was old, and the room that I got ready in was not anything special. However, with Brandilynn and the George Street Photo Editor's combined efforts, you really couldn't tell what the weather was, or how run down the back of the church was.. The pictures were absolutely beautiful! We are very happy with the overall experience.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Donna S

They do not edit photos--they charge extra for this service, which should be standard. We never would have chosen this business if we had known upfront that editing was not included. We requested one edited photo months ago and agreed to pay the $20 for the single photo to be... Read More edited and never received it. Our engagement photos were late in electronic delivery to us. The portal did not save the information we spent a lot of time entering. We will never recommend this company's service to anyone. Huge waste of money and major disappointment for the most important day of our lives. Shannon, our photographer was great, but this company's services are not.

Start a Conversation!