Ithaca Ny Weddings-Cornell University Weddings

Danielle Cook Gerritsen is a professional photographer in Upstate NY with a BFA in Art Photography from Syracuse University. She specializes in documenting your wedding imagery in a beautiful and artistic way. Each wedding is unique, and it is just as important to connect with your photographer and feel comfortable with them as it is to have beautiful images. Venues include Cornell University, The Aurora Inn, Fontainbleau Inn, John Joseph Inn, barn Weddings and winery weddings. Danielle wants to get to know you and your wedding plans to provide you with the best wedding photography experience.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

13 Dates Road, Lansing, NY Finger Lakes Region and Destination Weddings (607) 279-3415

Truly perfect photos

Reviewed on 5/02/2015 Kathryn R

We hired Danielle based on a recommendation from a friend and could not have been happier with our choice! Starting from our first email Danielle was polite, professional, and responsive. Also her pricing was really competitive. The photos that she took were stunning, and so... Read More thorough. She captured every single detail of the day. She had wonderful ideas for shots, and offered really thoughtful opinions when we asked her for suggestions. Most of all, though, what makes me give Danielle the 5 star review is that she is a lovely person. We genuinely enjoyed having her at our wedding, and numerous guests commented on how nice she was. My husband and I feel extremely lucky to have had someone so wonderful and talented involved with our wedding. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Rachael C

All I can say is, Danielle is amazing! When I booked Danielle for our wedding, I had looked over her website and was in love with her photos. They are absolutely stunning and she is a true professional. Leading up to the day, I was incredibly confident in her abilities and in... Read More her perfectly capturing our day. Danielle did our engagement photos--which turned out beautiful--and answered all of my questions about weddings and how things would go the day of. A month before the wedding, I was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding and was shocked that the bride and photographer were on such different pages. I contacted Danielle right away and she assured me that everything would be fine. She sent me a master list of photos so I could check off the ones I wanted, and she asked to be added to my Pinterest board of wedding photos so she could get the photos I liked. The day of, she showed up more than on time and started right away. She was constantly talking to me, making sure she was getting everything I wanted, and then staying back and just shooting when appropriate. She is a true professional and very good at what she does. I got about 1300 photos: no filter, B&W, and filtered. They are so beautiful and I've gotten constant compliments about the photos that were added online. I would recommend Danielle to anyway. She is worth every penny and she will not disappoint. THANK YOU DANIELLE!!

9/25/2010 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2010 Amanda K

Danielle was absolutely amazing! She took the photos we asked her too, along with many many more. Her creativity, eye for detail, and caring nature gave us everything we could have hoped for from a wedding photographer. She didn't take a million photos, yet waited for the... Read More right moments and captured many beautiful images - candid and formal. I would recommend Danielle to any bride and groom that is looking for a professional photographer to capture their wedding day in a unique and beautiful way.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Nicole M

Danielle was amazing to work with. She was flexible with our schedule to meet throughout the planning process and had us think about the types of shots we wanted on our wedding day. On the day of, Danielle was able to get every shot we requested (she kept the list with her).... Read More She also was able to steal us away for a bit so we could get some alone time and pictures of the sun setting. She is great at capturing your day from all angles and we love the online gallery, it makes it easy to download everything. We'd recommend Danielle to anyone who wants a down to earth and talented photographer. Thank you again, Danielle!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Nicole S

Danielle was absolutely amazing! She is so kind and creative, it was hard to pick our favorite pictures as we had over 1,400 to choose from! Communicating with her was so easy and she was such a joy to work with. She made me feel so beautiful and we had so much fun with her! All... Read More of our guests have been commenting on how amazing our pictures were. I have already recommended her to all of my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Mary Kate C

Danielle was WONDERFUL on our wedding day! She jumped into the day's festivities right away and knew exactly what to do. She was able to gracefully take charge of our crazy, fun wedding party and let everyone know what to do and where to go. Danielle stayed calm, cool, and... Read More confident the entire day which made my husband and I rest easy and know everything was taken care of. All of our pictures looked natural and nothing was forced. Our wedding pictures came out better than we could have ever imagined. We both would highly recommend Danielle!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Danny A

Danielle was so wonderful in terms of working with us before, during and after our wedding to make sure we captured all the memories we wanted. In terms of the wedding itself, she was always right there ready to take photos, not only during the big important moments, but during... Read More the smaller, easily-missed moments. Not to mention, the pictures are GORGEOUS, and we are so happy with how they came up.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Renee B

Danielle is a wonderful parter to work with on your big day! She was easy to work with, especially from the perspective of planning a wedding remotely. Her prices are very fair, and she is quick to turnaround the photos. She is also very accommodating to any of your needs and... Read More makes sure to capture every photo you would like. I was also pleased with her flexibility to our day and the various timelines.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017

Danielle gave us a sneak peak of photos so swiftly, a CD copy of photos and digital gallery. She was so kind to our guests, something that really meant a lot to me. She made my husband, who generally doesn't like posed photos, so comfortable that he actually enjoyed taking... Read More photos, even without meeting with her beforehand. Two days prior to the wedding she made it a point to get in touch with me and discuss how the potential rain would affect our wedding and even brought along a umbrella to incorporate in our photos. She was incredibly professional, well-equipped, and so unobtrusive that I actually lost track of her for a while just to turn and see her photographing the moments that mattered most to us! Out of all the stresses of a wedding, I knew that I was in great hands with Gerritsen Photography and didn't worry about the quality one bit. She is simply the best!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Hannah B

Danielle is simply amazing! From the moment I contacted her about our wedding she was so helpful and wonderful! She goes above and beyond to make your special day amazing! She also makes it so fun to have your pictures taken! I am still looking through all the pictures she... Read More captured of our day and I love them all! I am so thankful Danielle was apart of our day!!

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Jessie T

Danielle was absolutely phenomenal to work with! She was attentive, met with me to discuss what I was looking for before the wedding and the quality of her photos were incredible! She got pictures of everything and did it without me even knowing she was there! We got a million... Read More complements on the photos that she took and trying to narrow down them down was close to impossible. Could not be happier that Danielle was part of our day! Recommend 110%!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Lisa M

Danielle was a dream to work with. She has such an amazing talent for capturing meaningful moments, and we could not have been happier with the beautiful photos and memories she gave us. Danielle is also such a calming presence--she is so easygoing and flexible that she helped... Read More relieve my stress and ease my nerves throughout the process. She is also able to blend in so well that people don't even realize they’re being photographed. We could not recommend Danielle more. We were so thrilled both with her professionalism and service, and especially with the beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Gracie R

Danielle was an absolute pleasure to work with. My fiancee and I worked with her for our engagement photos, and they came out amazing! I was initially very nervous because I had never been in a photo shoot, but Danielle made it fun and stress free. We did not pose unnaturally,... Read More but when we saw the photos Danielle somehow made them look like we were models! :) We got a lot of compliments from everyone! We would have loved to book her for our wedding, but she was already booked a year ahead. Definitely book her early!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Meghan H

Danielle did an incredible job! Our wedding photos are better than we could have imagined. Her artistic eye and talent brought us beautiful pictures we can't wait to share and cherish forever!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Loreita V

Danielle captured all the amazing moments of our wedding; from the big things down to tiny details. She was flexible to plans and people and had such great ideas.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Courtney F

I hired Danielle based on how great she did photographing my sisters wedding 5 years ago... so we already knew what to expect. I must say she went above and beyond even those expectations! I didn't think her work could get any better. We could not be happier with our pictures... Read More and our experience with Danielle. She is truly amazing and has a wonderful gift!! Don't think twice, hire her:)

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Elizabeth F

Danielle is a wonderful photographer and a truly lovely person. She made everything so easy from us, from the initial contact through finalizing the wedding album. We ended up with 1,400+ photographs organized into ceremony, formal portraits, reception, etc., so they were easy... Read More to sort through. The photos themselves are wonderful - no forced smiles or stiff poses - everyone is relaxed and very much themselves, but all the shots are flattering at the same time. Danielle coached us through some great poses outside with the changing colors of the leaves prominently featured and those became some of our favorite pictures. She also captured some fantastic moments on the dance floor and of course during the ceremony; we couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Catherine L

Working with Danielle throughout the entire wedding planning process and wedding day was incredible. My parents and I had the opportunity to meet with Danielle a few months before the wedding; her calm and warm demeanor along with her expertise were clearly apparent. Her... Read More reputation preceded her as we met with vendors - we felt so lucky to have her! During the wedding day, she was non-intrusive, but also gave great suggestions for shots that turned out absolutely gorgeous. She was familiar with the venue and knew the best spots for photos before, during, and after the ceremony. She was very accommodating with our crazy jam-packed wedding schedule. The turnaround time for the photos was very quick as well. We absolutely LOVED Danielle and hope that you will feel the same!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Jennifer B

Danielle was such a pleasure to work with throughout the process. She was extremely responsive, easy to talk to and bounce ideas off of and she truly wanted to make sure she accommodated our day exactly how we envisioned it. She encouraged me to send along sample pictures and... Read More lists of particular shots which helped to keep us organized the day of. In addition, our guests couldn't stop talking about how she floated around the venue to capture so many moments. She was not "in your face" like other photographers, she never got in the way of our guests and it was crazy how many places she seemed to be at one time. Even when I pulled her to capture a certain real-time shot, she always seemed to be right by our side ready to go! We are so happy that she was part of our amazing day and look forward to staying in touch through her journey!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Katie L

Danielle was amazing to work with from the first meeting right up until after the wedding when it was time to sort through all of the great photos. She is incredibly creative, personable, and patient which made it easy for my husband and I to relax and truly enjoy the day.... Read More Some of my favorite photos were the candids she captured. I would highly recommend Gerritsen Photography to any bride and groom!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Crystal C

Danielle was over the top accommodating for us on our special day. We could not have asked for (or even wished for) a more professional and helpful photographer. There were times that I thought some shots wouldn't be captured or that some high spirited guests would make it more... Read More difficult but you'd never know from the photos Danielle took! Our pictures turned out beautiful and we couldn't have asked for more gorgeous photos to be able to look back on. The day goes by so quickly and having these pictures are a true treasure that we hold dear. Thank you again Danielle for helping make our day perfect.

Reviewed on 12/04/2015

We recently used Danielle to photograph our wedding and I am just ECSTATIC at how they turned out!! She has such an eye and captured some really artistic shots. I also love the ease of being able to View, 'Favorite', and download either all photos at once, or individually. The... Read More process is fantastic! I would highly recommend!!

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Memories!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

Danielle was incredible to work with for several reasons. I read about 10 of the 30+ reviews of Danielle, every one of them rated her four or five stars, and a few common themes stood out: 1. The quality of her final product - the photographs 2. Her professionalism leading... Read More up to and during the wedding day 3. Her variety of price points and packages for her clients 4. Her calming presence on the big day. (Now that the other three points were established, this was the winning factor for me!) As far as logistics, we had two phone calls before the wedding, the first was one month after we booked Gerritsen Photography, about 10 months before our wedding. On our first call we reviewed our general timeline with Danielle. We had already decided to do a first look and get our family and bridal party photos accomplished before the ceremony, leaving us more time to spend with guests during cocktail hour. Danielle was very open to this schedule and made several great suggestions regarding timing. Our second phone call was about a month before the wedding. At Danielle's suggestion, I had already created a pinterest board with wedding shots I liked. Danielle took a great deal of time to go through the shots with me over the phone to discuss each one and determine if it was the lighting I liked, or the location, the poses, etc, to be sure she had pinpointed what I was looking for in each case and to help establish the overall mood I was going for. Danielle also provided a very thorough shot list template as a starter for us (an outline of all the possible bridal party shot combinations), and we removed and added shots to best suit our needs. She used both the shot list and my pinterest page as a running checklist throughout the wedding day. On the actual wedding day, Danielle showed up right on time, looking adorable in a fabulous lace top, with a warm, friendly smile and ready to go. She shot for 10 hours straight in 80+ temps and never complained, to the contrary, she stopped often to check that we were doing ok. We knocked out most of our bridal party photos before the ceremony, however Danielle was great about following up with the shot list and any outstanding items. One of the major advantages to the first look approach is that it builds extra time into the schedule - you do have cocktail hour in case you don't get around to everything before the ceremony! We took a few more photos and still spent time with guests during the cocktail hour. She captured amazing moments on the dance floor during the reception, and was mindful to get photos of couples, both sitting at tables and while slow dancing. Danielle wisely mentioned during one of her last check-ins that we only had a couple of shots remaining, and it was ultimately our choice as to whether to spend the time on another mini photo shoot or stay and enjoy the moments with guests. For the most part, we chose the latter, and in a few cases had another reason to talk to close friends and family that we didn't have photos with yet. Our guests keep telling us how absolutely fantastic our photos looks and we couldn't agree with them more! Danielle was a pleasure to work with on the day of our wedding - she ensured everything went smoothly - and the photos we have as keepsakes are truly invaluable treasures.

She's Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Melissa F

Danielle is extremely friendly, easy to work with and flexible. We planned our Greek Peak wedding from CA and she was so organized and helpful. She allowed us to plan our in-person meetings around our trips to NY and was very informative about the whole process. She gave us... Read More numerous ideas about what photos we might want but was never forceful. The day of the event went perfectly. She asked when we would like her to arrive at the venue and what pre-ceremony photos we would like. Things were a bit hectic right before the ceremony but she got all of the photos we wanted and took so many others of my attire and my girls and me getting ready that I never would have thought of. She was so helpful before the ceremony and got some really unique and special photos. It is obvious that she knows her stuff and is a total professional. She went beyond the role of photographer, helping me get ready and letting me know what should be done next. During the posed photos she was very instructive and moved quickly but thoroughly through the usual photos, even working with our vendor to ensure we were able to get some unobstructed shots in front of the resort. During the ceremony and reception she captured so many priceless moments but was never obtrusive. Everything went so smoothly. She was beyond professional throughout the entire experience and it was an absolute pleasure to work with her!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Mallory S

Danielle was great to work with. We knew when we first interviewed her that she was serious, had a good eye, and was so easy to get along with. Before the wedding she was helpful and available. On our day, she took so many great shots, which we'll treasure forever. Thanks again,... Read More Danielle!

Danielle Cook Gerritsen

The relationship between a couple and their photographer is important. It is crucial that you feel comfortable with your photographer, as we are with you throughout the day. I feel so honored to have been able to document hundreds of weddings over the years. I strive to be a calming presence while photographing the days events. I have helped to get brides dressed, driven couples to other locations, fixed bouquets and resolved problems. Anything that I can do to better your wedding experience is reflected in the imagery I create for you. I would love to make a personal connection with you.