Ghiselani Designer Wedding Cakes

(32)

, HI

Maui Designer Wedding Cakes

We will make your Dream Cake a reality!

$$$

365 Ali'iolani St., HI

Champagne cake in Maui!

Reviewed on 11/24/2010 Micheline D

Gigi made us a cke beyond dreams! Our guests are still amazed bythe cake wraped in champagne-flavored fresh cream! The fabulous 4 layers of light, fragrant, delicious cake were naturally flavored with champagne, ginger, rose and lavender. When sliced, the colors were a Maui sunset! I kept a photo as my phone wallpaper... There were no leftovers.

Best Tasting Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 11/25/2010 Julia S

Ghiselani Wedding Cakes made my wedding cake for a Nov 25, 2008 Haiku Wedding. First, the wedding cake was more important to me than the food at the wedding. We ordered a cake for over 500 people even though we just had around 25 guests. People thought I was crazy, my wedding party and planner included, but I love cake and wanted a big beautiful wedding cake. The cake design was identical to a picture I snagged from Martha Stewart Cakes and the execution of the design was flawless. The price of the cake was so reasonable considering the size and the fact each tier of the cake was a different flavor. Each of my bride's maids picked a flavor for a tier of the cake. We had carrot cake with cream cheese filling, butter cake with almond filling, chocolate cake with mousse filling, and guava cake with passionate fruit filling. Due to our wedding being in the islands, we didn't have an opportunity to try the cake. Normally wedding cakes can be blah, or even dry/mismatch flavors. Not our cake! Our cake was the extremely light, moist, and full of flavor. We shipped back pieces for family members on the mainland who couldn't attend, all of which raved about the cake. It was truly the tasting cake I have every had. The only down side to Ghiselani is the fact they're in Maui and I can't pick up a cake any time I want to. Love it! Julia, Esq. & Scott Todd.

Gigi Saves the Day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2010 Willow R

I was enlisted to bake a vegan wedding cake for my brother and his fiancée. No problem right? Well I've never made a multi-tiered cake in my life, and I had no idea where to start. So I Googled local bakeries and ended up calling Ghiselani, just to ask a couple basic questions about how to stabilize the layers. I got so much more! Gigi spent almost an hour on the phone with me, walking me step by step through the process - from using wooden dowels to secure each tier to "gluing" a broken cake with frosting. She didn't know me, I wasn't paying her, and yet she generously spent all this time ensuring my cake would be a success. And it was a huge hit! Many frosting patches, later I had a gorgeous four tiered chocolate vegan wedding cake with vegan chocolate banana custard filling. I couldn't have done it without Gigi, whose generosity is a reminder of how beautiful the world is. Thank you Gigi! - Willow

Best experience ever!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Tiana D

Amazing lady & super tasty cake! All my guests were raving about the cake and how it was so delicious!!! I wish we had leftovers, so I could have had a piece the next day, but it was all gone. Have her recommend her specialty as it was just that..Also, totally went out of her way to deliver my cake to the airport during my 2 hour delay from one island to the next...a brides savior! Thank you so much for being a part of my special day, it would not have been the same without your creation. You are such a sweet lady inside and out I know all your customers are so lucky to be working with you. You put a smile on my face everytime I spoke to you.

Great tasting cake and friendly service!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014

Visited Maui to celebrate the marriage two special friends. In hearing details about the beautiful day, the bride shared that the reception venue included dessert so they decided not to order a cake. Couldn't let the classic cake photo moment be missed and decided on the cake as their gift. Quickly researched and found Ghiselani, they were prompt to respond and accommodate the last minute (week of) request and work with my budget. Followed their recommendation and ordered a two tiered White Bride Cake with Lilikoi Curd and Raspberry Puree and Buttercream Coconut Frosting- truly delicious and received so many compliments! The cake was beautiful and everything was handled so easily, prompt email responses and calls, on time delivery to the reception venue and payment via paypal. Would highly recommend Ghiselani and the Lilikoi Curd and Raspberry Puree!!!!

Wonderful lady, delicious cake!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014

I had a wonderful experience with Marie, the baker. She was like my favorite auntie, so sweet and supportive in helping me plan for my cake from thousands of miles away. She even upgraded the size of my cake at no extra charge. She made the cake exactly to my specifications. Not only did it look amazing (covered with edible seashells and sand), but it was absolutely delicious. We had a 5 inch cake for a private ceremony that included only me and my now husband. We actually finished eating the entire cake (and my husband is not a fan of sweets). It stayed fresh and delicious in our fridge for days. We enjoyed every last bit of it! We plan to order one to be sent to us on an anniversary in the future.

My wedding cake revisited

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Jennifer H

We got married in 2010 and were back in Maui this year (2014) to celebrate my first mother's day, I decided the perfect treat was to have my wedding cake again - as it was the most tasty cake I have ever had. It was such a treat to get to meet Gigi and have that cake again. Not only was it beautiful, but her cakes are so tasty and moist, a true piece of art unlike anything I've ever tasted. I highly recommend her orange brandy cake! Yum.

wedding cakes and cupcakes

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Aimee C

Gigi made the most unbelievably delicious and beautiful wedding cake and cupcakes for our wedding in Maui. The cupcakes were made in many different combinations that we chose and the cake was moist and delicious. Her passion for her cakes and her business shines through with the work that she creates and she was a delight to work with before, during and after the wedding! Mahalo, Gigi!

Delicious wedding cake left us wanting more...

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Kristin H

Marie prepared our wedding cake for us and I was nervous as I could not taste before hand (coming from the mainland for our wedding day). I explained to her the flavours I wanted and how I visioned my cake to look. I have to say, Marie nailed it! My guests were raving about the cake the next day and I am very happy with the quality of the cake. My sister, who isn't even a cake eater, even enjoyed it and commented how good it was! Marie was very easy to work with and listened to our ideas, implementing her own suggestions based on her experience which is exactly what I wanted in a cake designer. I would definitely recommend Marie for anyone getting married in the Maui area and when my husband and I return to Maui for an anniversary we will be asking her to make us a small cake to replicate the delicious one she made for our wedding!!

Perfect Cake!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Stacy B

My husband and I were married in Maui so we decided to have Gigi make our wedding cake. It was only the two of us but she treated us as important as if it were a 300 guest wedding. Our wedding cake was so beautiful and just the way we wanted it down to every little detail. It was absolutely the most delicious cake we have ever eaten! She was one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met and she was nice enough to bring the cake to our villa and then take some pictures of us with our cake because we had no one else to do it. I am so happy with the way everything turned out! Meeting Gigi and having her help create my beautiful wedding cake and be part of the most precious memories in my life are something I will look back on forever!!! Mahalo Gigi!!! :)

Maui perfection

Reviewed on 9/19/2013

Working with Ghiselani (GiGi)on my nephews' Maui wedding was an absolute pleasure. From the tasting - she has amazing flavors to choose from -to the wedding day she was enthusiastic, professional and delivered a meticulous cake and cupcakes. You can tell she loves what she does and wants everything to be perfect - there wasn't a cupcake left and we had to hide some cake so the Bride and Groom could have some the next day. A wonderful experience.

My perfect wedding cake!

Reviewed on 8/31/2013 Jean C

I'm from California and had a destination wedding in Maui on August 16, 2013. I inquired about my wedding cake about 6months before my wedding, Maria and I had 2 phone meetings and continued to communicate through email. Every time I had a question she was very quick to respond, and very informative when it came to flavors and design and details. As the day came closer she wanted us to come in the day we flew in to hawaii for a cake tasting, unfortunately our flight was delayed and we missed our cake tasting. Later that day I spoke with Maria about what cake flavor I was going to choose and my husband and I went with the white bride cake with a coffee filling and coconut frosting, it sounded delicious and Maria helped me choose my flavors and I trusted her completely. I'm so glad I did because on our wedding day when I saw her bringing the cake in I was in LOVE! My cake was exactly what I had wished for and more, it was beautiful and delicious! All I kept hearing was "the cake is so moist!" "The cake is delicious!" "The cake is beautiful!" I had Maria make a 3 tier cake with the top tier being real cake and the 2 bottom tiers being foam cakes and we had her make 2 sheet cakes to serve to the guests cause we had an outdoor wedding and the cake would melt if we had all 3 tiers real. The best idea ever! The top sheet cake was the same flavor of my top tier, white bride cake, with coffee filling and coconut frosting. Thank you so much Maria you are amazing! We'll see you on our one year anniversary and I can't wait to have a piece of our wedding cake again.

Called for a Delicious Birthday Cake for my Grandson's

Reviewed on 8/28/2013

I found Marie's website, and noticed the business was in the same city my granson's live. I asked if she could create me a cake with great flavor and for the NEXT day! Marie said she would make something very delicious and as promised, the Next day! Talk about superior service. She was very relaxed and kind, despite my last minute request. It was a 4 layer cake with guava, raspberry, lilikoi, with a butter cream topping. More than twice the price of a Zippy's Cake, but worth every penny! The kids ate it with dinner and breakfast! Thank you Marie, we will order from you again.

" ..the most beautiful cake I have ever seen in my life."

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Joan G

You are a gifted and gracious woman. And, you happen to be a real Hawaiian Sweetheart on top of it!  Never mind that you are a genuine French Chef that specializes in making the most delicious and elegant wedding cakes on the most Beautiful piece of God's Earth! You touched many hearts and made dreams come true with all of the loving care that you put into each special ingredient that went into your heartfelt creation. We managed to get Ryan & Ellyn to the upper deck for perfect timing of bringing out your cake and placing it for grand presentation to them. But, the crew and a few of the wedding party were lucky enough to be on hand as it was brought out. Well, I can't describe the oohing and awing!  Even the crew went nuts taking pictures! You Dear, Dear, Gigi! I am so thankful that I got to give you that big hug just before our son, Ryan and his beautiful bride, Ellyn boarded The Hula Girl on Kaannapali Beach on June 22, 2013 !! You are a gifted and gracious woman. And, you happen to be a real Hawaiian Sweetheart on top of it!  Never mind that you are a genuine French Chef that specializes in making the most delicious and elegant wedding cakes on the most Beautiful piece of God's Earth! You touched many hearts and made dreams come true with all of the loving care that you put into each special ingredient that went into your heartfelt creation. We managed to get Ryan & Ellyn to the upper deck for perfect timing of bringing out your cake and placing it for grand presentation to them. But, the crew and a few of the wedding party were lucky enough to be on hand as it was brought out. Well, I can't describe the oohing and awing!  Even the crew went nuts taking pictures! Your cake caused quite a clamor and Don & I just melted. Then... Our Bride and Groom were brought down and hearts really melted!  Ryan and Ellyn were ... Well, Gigi, I just don't have the words to tell you how much they loved that moment and the joy of the truly unexpected surprise of this amazing wedding cake that seemed to magically  make it's way out to sea off the shores of Maui during their Sunset Wedding Cruise. And, all thanks to you!  I kid you not, there were even crew members unabashedly crying.

YUMMY Cupcakes and Amazing Service

Reviewed on 4/09/2013 Anita C

Firstly I would like to say that the owner Ghiselani is a passionate lovely lady who will dedicate a lot of her time to make your dream cake/cupcakes a reality. She spent a lot of time with me discussing the flavors. I also appreciated the fact that she didn't try to over sell and was very in tune with our budget. I also had a friend of mine who wanted to bring decorations and Gi was very accommodating and helped out with putting it all together at no cost. In the end she was on time, looked sharp in her chef outfit, was so very happy for us and most of all the cupcakes we ordered were a super hit!!! Thank You Ghiselani xox

Destination Brides Dream Cake Maker

Reviewed on 2/09/2013 Gwen A

I live in Colorado and my wedding was on Maui. All of my contact with Ghiselani was via email. The whole experience was smooth and easy. The week of the weeding Ghiselani called me and we tied up the final details. Ghiselani delivered my cake to the location on time. I did order a sheet cake for my guest and a wedding cake for the wedding party table and they were both perfect. Our colors were Lime green and Black and Gishelani made the inside of my cake lime green and black with guava filling. I ordered my cake to feed 75 and we only had 45 guest the cake was so fantastic there was no cake left.

You will remember for ever.

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Danny P

When you are in Maui, Master Ghiselani Designer Wedding Cakes, it is the best cake on the island, I DO "that's what you will remember" at the first bite,of one of her extraodinary cake. Thank you to make our lives so Yummy!

So Yummy!

Reviewed on 10/13/2012 Sarah B

Our cake was perfect. It looked beautiful and tasted delicious. My only regret is we didn't get a bigger one so I could still be eating it. Marie is a blast. She is extremely professional and also fun. Make sure to schedule a tasting before the wedding. You'll get to share wine and eat cake over great conversation.

Love Love Love Marie from Ghiselani Designer Weddi

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Rhiannon M

Marie of Ghiselani Wedding Cakes made my wedding cake, and from the beginning to the end she was on top of everything from cake tasting & preview designs to working within my budget to delivering my cake on time to even checking on me & my husband after our wedding she was the best! We weren't just her clients, she treated us as her friends with such a beautiful & loving spirit! The cake I chose was a chocolate with Kahlua buttercream, my chocolate cake was so moist, I loved everything about it when I think about it I can still taste it and I get compliments til this day for having the most sexiest designed,tastiest cake! Not only was my cake the best tasting Marie created Exactly what I asked for with my pink ribbon made out of fondant that looked so real and my black lace drawn on as if it were real lace placed on my cake and I can't forget those little pink pearls all over, I don't know how she did it but she pulled everything off! I refer all my friends & family to Marie, my mother also used her last month for her wedding & her cake was beautiful & tasty I was so glad she listened to me and went to Marie! My baby shower is coming up and I'm already planning an appointment to meet with Marie again, then for our 1 year anniversary, any excuse to work with Marie and eat her cakes! Thank You Again to Ghiselani Wedding Cakes I'm so thankful because of You we had the cake of our dreams! Love, Mr.&Mrs.Cachola

Beautiful and Delicious Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Abby R

We had the pleasure of meeting with Marie to discuss our wedding cake options. She was able to tailor the flavors to exactly what we wanted and provided many samples to taste and choose from! Her cakes are delicious and completely unique. We had a small cake but she managed to have it make a large impact. Her design was exactly what we wanted and was beautiful! Exactly what we wanted, beautiful to look at and tasted fantastic! We tried other Maui bakers and she was in a league of her own-would highly recommend!

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Michelle G

Hi GiGi, I am just writing to let you know that it was wonderful to work with you on Anita's wedding cake. You are very talented and the cake was done very beautifully. The cake and cupcakes were very tasty. I was very happy with the end result. Also your customer service and prompt responses were very much appreciated particularly when I had to communicate with you from all the way in Australia. I really enjoyed working with you and also learnt a lot about cake decorating. All the best. Thank you, Michelle

A designer cake, indeed!

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Dana T

Aloha Marie! We want to thank you again for helping to make our wedding day at Olowalu Plantation House as magical and perfect as it was. It was such a pleasure to work with you, as you were so sweet, patient, and enthusiastic throughout the entire sampling and “designing” process. Our three-tier cake was beautiful and totally scrumptious! We wish now that we had selected larger sized tiers so that we could have sampled more of the flavors. Sadly, we didn’t get a bite of the white wedding cake with lavender buttercream frosting or the white wedding cake with fresh apricot puree and buttercream frosting, though our guests reported that they were great. Someone even said it was the best wedding cake that they’d ever tasted! We did, however, completely devour an absolutely delicious piece of white wedding cake with fresh raspberry puree and buttercream frosting. The cake was so moist and flavorful, and the buttercream frosting was heavenly! Without a fourth tier to enjoy at our first anniversary, we may need to convince you to ship to us at our new home in Portland! If not, at least we have lovely photos and wonderful memories… Mahalo again. Warmest aloha, Dana and Michael

Amazing Cake!

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Rachel S

My wedding cake turned out amazing! It's a little tricky to pick a vendor for a destination wedding since you can't taste anything, fortunately I made a great decision. I had a two tier cake- the top was a coconut cake, chantilly coconut filling with a butter cream icing and the bottom tier was a vanilla/pineapple cake with crushed pineapple w/ cream filling and butter cream pineapple icing. It was beautiful and tasted delish! I couldn't be happier with my experience dealing with Ghiselani Designer Wedding Cakes. Thank you!!!

going above and beyond

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 alicia w

The Mister and I met Marie and her daughter at a wedding expo on Maui in 2010. The only reason we stayed was to taste her amazing, unique cakes, and they did not disappoint. It was the best cake the Mister had ever tasted! We called and scheduled a tasting. When we arrived, we had our own personal round cake and tasted as many flavors of butter cream and cream cheese frostings as we desired. Our session took well over three hours, and in that time, we designed our cakes from the inside out. We picked the flavors of frosting, cheesecakes, butter creams, and the fondant. We visually constructed the size and shape of our cake with pie tins and pedestals so we could be certain it was how we wanted it to be. We shared our design with the pair, and instead of hearing, "No," or "it can't be done," the mother and daughter team were enthusiastic about it! They were excited to try new things and help us have the best experience we can for our day! I highly recommend Marie for any cake needs you have, and her prices are so reasonable for the service.

The Most Beautiful and Tastiest Wedding Cake ever!

Reviewed on 4/22/2012 Jessica J

We had our tasting with Marie and she was eager to answer all of our questions and help us find the perfect wedding cake for us. She had about 12-15 different cake flavors and over 200 different flavor essences for the buttercream frosting. In addition to feeding us cake, she also provided cheese & crackers and other appetizers with champagne & wine to help prevent us from getting a sugar rush. We ended up going with a 2 tier cake: The bottom tier being fresh pineapple cake with 2 layers of fresh strawberries and one layer of fresh pineapple and a champagne buttercream frosting. The top tier was white cake with layers of fresh raspberry puree and a champagne buttercream frosting. During the cake cutting, my husband and I ended up eating an entire piece instead of just a bite as we couldn't resist. The cake was more delicious than we had remembered! Some wedding cakes just look beautiful but Marie's cakes look gorgeous and also taste delicious!! We look forward to celebrating our 1st anniversary on Maui and having Marie make us a mini cake for the celebration.

Send Email