Gilbertsville Farmhouse

South New Berlin, NY

Book Your Wedding with Gilbertsville Farmhouse

A BARN IN SOUTH NEW BERLIN, NY

Couples searching for a romantic farm wedding in upstate New York can plan their weddings at the picturesque Gilbertsville Farmhouse in Butternuts Valley. The rustic countryside setting is an excellent location for an intimate wedding. This colonial farmhouse sits on 125 acres of rolling hills, and the property, garnished with trees and mountain views, makes the perfect wedding portrait backdrop.

Don't forget the elegance. The venue has a 2,500 square post and beam crystal chandelier wedding barn that can seat 170 guests. A large attached patio is a great place to sit on a warm day and soak up the hot sun while enjoying the rural landscape. With 20-foot ceilings, the Gilbertsville Farmhouse's barn is a perfect spot for a reception.

Ceremonies can be held on an open hilltop, overlooking Butternuts Valley or in a more intimate, wooded area, surrounded by the lush forest. For couples concerned about the weather, which can be unpredictable in the spring and summer months, numerous luxury tent sites are available on the property with views of the surrounding farmland and the breathtaking Catskill Mountains.

At the Gilbertsville Farmhouse, couples can reserve the property for a "Glamping Weekend Wedding." The package comes with 10 320-foot luxury tents. Each tent has 6-foot ceilings, large screened windows, a wood stove and plush bedding. The tents are set up around a large campfire area. The bride and groom are able to spend the night before the wedding with guests toasting marshmallows and making s'mores.

Wedding weekends begin at 12 p.m. on Friday and end promptly at 2 p.m. Sunday. The Gilbertsville Farmhouse requires the host couple to have a credit card on file for any damages. Tents are provided with the necessary linens and towels and more are available, but the venue does not employ housekeeping services.

All wedding packages come with round and rectangular banquet tables and chairs. Food and alcohol are not included, and the farmhouse does not have a preferred vendor list. If the couple requires a recommendation, the event coordinator at the venue is available to help. Event insurance is required and can be purchased through the venue. A minimum of 25 guests is necessary to rent the smoke-free, kid and pet-friendly facility. The Gilbertsville Farmhouse is closed from late October through early May.

Having a wedding at the Gilbertsville Farmhouse is a fantastic perk on its own, but the countryside venue offers a little bit more for wedding events:

• Exclusive use of the 100-year old, four-bedroom farmhouse on the wedding night
  • A swimming pond on-site to use during wedding weekends
  • Bridal party and groom's suite
  • Antique church pews
  • One-hour rehearsal
  • An appointment for an exclusive engagement photo session after booking a wedding date
  • Free use of the outdoor movie projector
  • A selfie cam

Where Rustic Meets Glamour

Love is about choosing your partner every day, "in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” My husband Aldo and I made our choice over 20 years ago, and again in 2013 with our venue. We wanted the farm to be a place to celebrate love. On 125 acres in the beautiful Butternuts Valley in Central New York, we have multiple ceremony sites, tent sites, a 2500 sq. ft. barn and a 100-year-old lovable farmhouse. Furthermore, we are the only Upstate, NY glamping venue with 10 luxury camping tents on-site to create a weekend getaway. We cater to every couple to make their day full of love and celebration. We love every part of what we do, and we choose to do it every day. Our hope is that you choose to spend your special day with us.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Farm + Ranch, Barn

Destination Weddings, Tents, Rentals + Equipment

336 Coye Brook Road, South New Berlin, NY (917) 747-8989

A Beautiful Place to Get Married

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Holland D

This venue is just absolutely stunning in every direction you look. Watching the morning fog burn off the top of the pond as the sun came pouring from behind the rolling hills was magical. The millions of stars twinkling overhead on a clear night, mesmerizing. This place will... Read More fill you with a calm and serenity that no other place will. Beyond the beauty of the surroundings, you have Aldo and Sharon who are two of the sweetest, most agreeable venue owners I could ever imagine. They work extremely hard to make sure their clients are getting exactly what they want. Together, we were able to find the most perfect place for an intimate woodsy ceremony. It took a lot of work to prepare the site, but they were determined to make it everything I had imagined it could be. Our day was perfect and they were a huge part of that success. I am so thankful to have found this special place and to have had the privilege to work with Sharon and Aldo to turn the wedding I envisioned into a reality. We are still hearing compliments from our guests who were so impressed with this place. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Caitlin K

I'll just begin by saying I fell in love with the beautiful, historic town before I even saw the venue. After my husband proposed, I started my research. I knew I wanted a barn/rustic/vintage theme. Boy, did we luck out with this venue!! Not only is it a beautiful setting for a... Read More wedding, but a whole weekend experience. We arrived at the venue on Friday, set up and relaxed all day, had our rehearsal dinner in the barn. Sunday, since it was Mother's Day, we were able to host a wonderful Mother's Day brunch. What I loved most about this venue was it was a weekend experience that I could spend with all my closest family and friends whether they were staying in the cozy farmhouse or the unique luxury tents. Everything came together on Saturday. The clouds cleared, the sun came out, the degrees went up. The wind stopped, even on top of the hill. My favorite part was coming up the hill with my dad, and seeing everyone in the antique church pews. It was a walk I'll never forget. I thought I would be nervous, but it was breathtakingly amazing. We tried to use as many local vendors as possible, as we love the area and wanted to portray that at our wedding. We used a caterer in New Berlin, Rosario at New York Pizzeria (with local beers, too!), they were fabulous and helpful(they also set up our rentals with Morris Tent). We had Kelly Banks Cakes as our Baker, so yummy! And our flowers were by Ashley at C & A Event Planning. The flowers were absolutely beautiful and she understood exactly what I wanted! Sharon and Aldo did everything and more during our perfect day. We were the first of the 2016 season, and it was a little challenging with weather and other factors. I am absolutely in awe at the kindness and openness of their whole crew at the farmhouse. Katie is super sweet and helped us whenever possible. I wish I could live my wedding day over and over. It was absolutelyperfect. Thank you Gilbertsville Farmhouse for a wedding that my family and friends will never forget!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Megan M

My fiance and I were considering Gilbertsville for our wedding so we scheduled a tour and drove out from NYC with our parents. We arrived a little early so we just hung out for a bit, but when no one had arrived 15 minutes after our appointment time we decided to give them a... Read More call. There was no answer so we left a voice message. We even tried knocking on the door of the house that was on the property but no one was there. After waiting for about 45 minutes, we just decided to leave. It's now two days later and we still haven't received a call back or any explanation for why they were a no-show for our tour.

2017-06-06T10:46:32 Response from the vendor

I am SO SORRY that this happened - your frustration is completely warranted. We only had one tour on our schedule for Saturday and one for Sunday, both of which were successful. I have looked through my inbox and I do not see any emails,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Sue S

Perfect, perfect, perfect! Our wedding weekend was incredible. Sharon and the rest of her family couldn't have been more accommodating. The tents were beautiful and clean.. There was always a kid driving a go-cart to take us up the hill. And the ceremony was SO beautiful!... Read More Gilbertsville Farmhouse is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Roseanne Z

Gilbertsville Farmhouse was the PERFECT place for our wedding. We planned all the way from Houston, TX and Sharon was AMAZING in communicating with us and answering all of our questions. The town is picture perfect and there are plenty of places for guests to stay. The tents on... Read More site are wonderful and so cute my friends loved hanging out there by the fire. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL to say the least and even though it rained on our wedding day the milk barn was perfect! It came out so pretty and i couldn't have asked for anything more. A lot of guests at the wedding were in awe of how everything looked and they couldn't stop talking about it. We love Sharon and Gilbertsville Farmhouse. They made our dreams truly come true and I know they will for you too.

Rustic and Relaxed Farmhouse Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Brittany H

My husband and I got married at the Gilbertsville Farmhouse on May 30th and we cannot say enough amazing things about Sharon and Aldo and their breathtaking venue. It was the wedding of our dreams. Everything from the tours, planning and communication, rehearsal dinner to the... Read More actual wedding was simple, fun and beautiful. Sharon and Aldo have such creative and caring minds, our day was more than we imagined. Some family stayed at the farmhouse the night prior and slept restfully--it had all the comforts of home! This venue will hold a special place in our hearts forever. We highly recommend checking it out!

Gilbertsville Farm House is the best venue ever :)

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Kaylin M

My husband and I are truly fortunate to have stumbled onto such a wonderful wedding venue in our upstate NY search! The owners, Sharon and Aldo, went above and beyond to make our wedding day absolutely perfect. During our rehearsal dinner a freak windstorm knocked out the power... Read More to Oneonta and the surrounding areas. Sharon and Aldo remained calm the entire time and quickly ordered generators for the next day so that everything went smoothly. I can honestly say my wedding wouldn't have happened without their quick thinking! The venue itself is breathtaking, and you can't beat the glamping tents that overlook the red barn! Would definitely recommend this venue!

Gilbertsville Farmhouse

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

We celebrated our daughter's wedding here, it was such a pleasure working with Aldo and Sharon, the grounds are beautiful, if you are looking for rustic elegance this is a great choice, pictures come out gorgeous, I highly recommend renting the house for the evening of the... Read More event, it gives you a chance to rest and relax after a long hectic day.

Rustic Glam! Beautiful Venue!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Sarah B

We found the Gilbertsville Farmhouse online after visiting family on the east coast and we were back home in Las Vegas. We booked this venue on blind faith! The photos online were beautiful and matched our vision for a rustic glam wedding. We knew that planning a wedding across... Read More the country was going to be a challenge, but a venue like the Gilbertsville Farmhouse cannot be found in our hometown and then as a bonus, my fiancé's family didn't have to travel all the way to Vegas for our wedding. Sharon, the owner, was very clear on everything that needed to be done to book and was very helpful in providing us help in finding vendors, as the area is fairly small. Tables and chairs were provided, there is a beautiful bar set up, the milking barn was fantastic for our cocktail hour, and the ceremony site with the church pews and wooden arbor was stunning. There are no words for the chandeliers, they are truly spectacular. We really felt like we got our money's worth at the Gilbertsville Farmhouse and it created the perfect setting for this chapter of our love story. We were the first wedding of the season, so I think things were rushed in getting finished in time for us (there were people everywhere working like crazy the day before when we did our walk thru, so we weren't able to access the barn and not everything was in it's place yet). It would've been nice to know it was all set to go, and not worrying that it wasn't going to be finished in time, but besides a one small detail of all the hay bales in the milk barn being covered in burlap so that people could sit there (only a few were not covered), every, single thing was perfect! And that is saying a lot coming from a picky bride! Thank you, Sharon, for having us at your amazing venue.

The perfect venue!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Emily S

Our wedding at Gilbertsville Farmhouse was perfect! Sharon and her husband are amazing to work with, and they've put so much work into the venue and the house on the property. There were so many thoughtful little touches that I wouldn't have thought of and that just made the two... Read More days we spent there absolutely wonderful. The property just keeps getting better and better, as well, on top of being just a stunning location to begin with. Honestly, I just can't say enough good things about them! :)

Perfect Barn Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014

The Gilbertsville Farmhouse was exactly what we wanted for our wedding! We were the first wedding to book with them before they added all the amazing details! I worked closely with Sharon (who answers every single one of my emails very quickly) for a year and half to create... Read More this perfect wedding! She had a vision and we trusted her and her husband to make it come true and it was much more than we ever imagined! People are still raving about it! We wanted a rustic, barn weekend wedding. We had the rehearsal dinner at the Empire House in town on Thursday with karaoke, then set up for the wedding (which her staff helped with whatever we needed) on Friday and we had a BBQ! Saturday went flawless, they were there to help but not over powering as a catering hall would be (which is exactly what we did not want). I was a wedding planner for 4 years and my husband & I did not want someone running the show and telling us what we needed to do and when. They were there the whole day to help with whatever we needed! The barn was gorgeous, all of our guests kept telling us how beautiful it was all night! The house is so great because it sleeps 13 people so our best friends/family stayed with us! The staff is great! The church pews for the ceremony are such a great feature!!!! So rustic and unique. There are endless options for photos! Cocktail hour was able to be outside behind the barn and they have really pretty lanterns. Everything was perfect; we could not have picked a better location for our wedding!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 8/02/2014

We recently stayed at the Gilbertsville Farmhouse and held a rehearsal dinner in the barn. The barn is a lovely building with white string lights, chandeliers and a bar. There is a huge patio off the barn with a great fire pit. The owners are in the process of adding rest... Read More rooms and creating a lounge area in the old milking parlor. They have great attention to detail and there are several gorgeous outdoor areas to hold a ceremony with magnificent views! Glamorous rustic is the look they are going for and it is beautiful. We also rented the farmhouse for all the family to stay in which made the event even more special.

My daughters wedding

Reviewed on 7/23/2014

When my son-in-law proposed and we put dates out there we chose a date that gave us 3 1/2 months to plan for 180 guests. Most places were booked and I remembered hearing about a place in Gilbertsville -so I googled and found Gilbertsville Farmhouse. We made an appointment and... Read More met with Aldo - who was a little tentative - not knowing if we shared the same vision as Sharon - who could see into the future and know what this venue would be in that short of a time. We instantly fell in love - with not only the venue - but the owners as well. These people worked day and night to get the venue to where it was on June 28th. They were so open to our ideas and shared theirs. Sharon also provides many pieces of furniture, props and signs that add to the overall atmosphere. This is the perfect venue for "Rustic-Chic" as one of the thank you notes we received after the wedding read. That is right - we got thank you notes from the guests! . They continue to add improvements and will only make this venue better and better. Sharon and Aldo worked well with all of our vendors. The day of the wedding went so smoothly. Sharon took many pictures which she shared with us - although I don't recall seeing her with a camera at all - totally candid. My daughter had a smile on her face the whole day from beginning to end - it was the wedding of her dreams thanks to everyone's hard work. The farmhouse was the perfect place to get ready and we ended up renting it for 2 extra nights to wind down. A very peaceful ending to very hectic 3 1/2 months. I would highly recommend Gilbertsville Farmhouse as a wedding/party venue. I look forward to seeing all the additional improvements to an already beautiful location.

Sharon Boustani

Just a few years ago I would have never dreamed I would have the opportunity to make couple's dreams come true out working alongside my husband & children. Our farmhouse is not only a blessing to our couples but to me & my family. My husband Aldo & I have put in endless effort into our farm to share with people what we love so much about it. Our work is a living representation of who we are & what our life has been about: ever-loving & evolving joy. Over the years we have grown our family & our business here at Gilbertsville Farmhouse & we share that openly with all of our couples.