Glastonbury Hills Country Club

Ballroom, Country Club

Food + Catering

239 Country Club Road, So. Glastonbury, CT (860) 633-5253

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Ashley R

I highly recommend Glastonbury Hills County Club for any event/function you may be having. We just had our wedding there and they were wonderful. Frank, Jackie and Allison were great to work with. We worked with Allison the night of the wedding and she was amazing, she is truly... Read More great at her job. Donna the head waitress for us was also great! Everyone made us feel so warm and welcome. I made numerous phone calls and emails leading up to the wedding and they were quick to respond and so helpful. I can not think of one complaint! The venue is newly remodeled and beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Gerishma K

I just had my wedding at Glastonbury Hills Country Club on June 17, 2017. When I first checked out the venue, it was in the process of being renovated. Even without renovations were completed, I knew I was going to get married there. The big glass windows give a perfect view of... Read More the greenery around. The gazebo was perfect for an outside ceremony. Besides from being an absolutely gorgeous venue, the staff is amazing. I mostly worked with Frank and Jackie. They will both go above and beyond to accommodate your needs to make sure that you have the wedding of your dreams. Frank is very reasonable with pricing and responds in a very timely manner. On the day of my wedding, Jackie made sure that every little detail was taken care of. She is absolutely amazing!!! She is a great listener and very attentive to details. She will make sure that your wedding will run flawlessly and it goes exactly how you planned it. I just could not have chosen another place to have my wedding. Again, kudos to the staff at the Glastonbury Hills Country Club. You all are fantastic!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Rachel O

Glastonbury Hills did such a GREAT job handling our wedding! Everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding and they answered all of our questions leading up to our big day extremely quickly. They thought of things before we did. We worked with Jackie and Frank and they were... Read More both fantastic. Their prices are extremely reasonable for what you get as well!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Jenn S

My husband and I had the best time at GHCC. Everything was handled with ease and the venue was beautiful. They treated us like we were family and our guests had the best time. Despite the rain they made the day one of the best days of our lives. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Chloe D

GHCC was amazing! Alison, Frank, and, Jackie made everything so easy and smooth. We enjoyed every second of our wedding. The food was phenomenal, the staff was always there when you needed them. It was absolutely beautiful. We are over the moon. GHCC is THE PLACE to have a... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Danielle C

I just had my wedding at GHCC May 29, 2016. My husband and I only saw this one venue and we knew it was the one. From the charm of the white brick building, to the amazing windows, this venue is amazing. Frank and Allison always answered questions promptly. They made me feel... Read More that my day was special and they were there for me. They made everything so easy. I never had to worry about the venue. The food was amazing!!!!! The beef tenderloin could be cut with a fork. They took care of all the little details and setting up the reception how I wanted to. I would highly recommend this venue. My wedding was everything I wanted and more here. My dream wedding was made a reality thanks to Allison and Frank.

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Samantha C

If you are looking for a classy, sophisticated, venue with gorgeous scenic views look no further and reserve GHCC. Once we visited GHCC and saw the beautiful views, open seating layout, and met with the friendly staff we knew we had found our venue of choice. And I cannot... Read More forget, GHCC also was reasonably priced and within our budget. We had 200 guests at our wedding reception and everyone fit comfortably at their tables. The owner Frank went above and beyond in accommodating our guests and all of the details for the big day (including my Italian family and their traditions). We met with Frank and Allison who walked us through all of the details of the wedding reception from table linens, to food and centerpieces. We actually ended up using GHCC’s centerpieces. We also attended a food tasting (which was awesome – the food was ALL great, it was so hard to narrow down our reception menu). The week of the wedding I dropped off our favors, and any other small decorations we had wanted to include on our special day. Allison took the time to go through where we had wanted everything placed. Our wedding was AMAZING, and we owe a HUGE thank you to everyone at GHCC. Our wedding went so smoothly; it was an absolutely perfect day. We got married at a church down the street, and then came to GHCC for our photos as our guests went to cocktail hour. While getting photos done Allison and Donna took care of us and the bridal party with drinks and Hors d'oeuvres. My husband and I are so glad we had our wedding at GHCC and have so many great things to say about the staff, food, and venue itself. Our guests were thrilled with the venue, food, and staff as well!

Awesome fun night

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Amanda N

Glastonbury Hills Country Club was a beautiful place to have our reception. The Owner was very accommodating to the type of party we wanted one of the few venues that had everything we wanted and needed. The staff was very helpful in everyway. Anything I needed they took care... Read More of. They made sure I didn't take on too much. I liked things done a certain way and they exceeded my expectations by listening to my needs. I will be using them again in the future for other events.

More than accommodating

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Christine G

Glastonbury Hills was very accommodating to my food allergy and desire to have a gluten free wedding. They also were very organized and attentive with the positions for all table decorations, guest book and extra objects on the tables. They kept logs and by the end of the... Read More wedding night had everything packed up and ready to take home!

November 4th 2012 Wedding

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Sarah M

I was recently married on November 4th 2012. I chose Glastonbury Hills Country club due to many reasons. Their location is very nice, the views that you get overlooking the golf course are beautiful. They are practically RIGHT off of the highway so even if you have a lot of... Read More people who don't live close it's still easy for them to find. They are able to accommodate ceremonies in either a separate room or outside, whichever you prefer. Furthermore, the room that they hold their receptions in is AMAZING. The floor to ceiling windows are perfect for a wedding during ANY season. Once I booked them I was VERY impressed with how responsive the people there were. Being a rather anal-retentive bride I found it very comforting that I could call either Frank or Jackie and they were both super responsive and ALWAYS had an answer. They helped me organize, decide and ultimately made the entire wedding go very smoothly. On the day of the rehearsal dinner I dropped off a large tote box filled with everything needed for the centerpieces. I briefly described how I wanted them to Jackie and she jotted notes down the entire time so that she wouldn't forget any detail. On the day of everything was PERFECT. The staff there was completely supportive and on their game (even brought food out for us while we were taking pictures!) , the tables were set up exactly how I wanted them, the service was flawless and I seriously could not have asked for a more organized and dedicated staff. I was so happy with the level of professionalism and dedication that Frank, Jackie and their staff exhibited that I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone who is looking for a place to host their reception, or any other function for that matter. In addition, the food was incredible. Everything was very consistent and they even provided my grandfather with a low sodium meal at no extra charge since he has had issues with his heart. I highly recommend this venue!

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Lorene F

The staff at GHC couldn't have done a more fantastic job throughout the entire wedding planning process. Frank and Jackie were both available to me whenever I needed anything. On the day of the wedding they were the best! Everyone who works for GHC was courteous and attentive to... Read More my guests and my bridal party. Everyone I have spoken to about my wedding day has nothing but glowing reviews about the service, food, views and location.

Very impressive!

Reviewed on 7/20/2012 Christina L

Overall, the staff always made me feel comfortable and confident in my choice to use them as our vendor. We loved working with them throughout the entire process! They made it simply and as stress free as possible. The food was delicious and our guests ALL enjoyed their meal... Read More choice. The only reason for a 4 star instead of a 5 star rating is that we added a chocolate fountain to our wedding package and it malfunctioned. The staff did try to fix the problem 3 times, however, we were never able to enjoy it. The money was returned to us, but it didn't make up for not having the fountain at our dessert table. The grounds are beautiful and made for lovely pictures. We couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Top Notch Service without Hurting Your Budget

Reviewed on 7/01/2012 Kerri B

Glastonbury Hills was the only wedding venue we looked at, and I loved it from the beginning. The price of the reception was reasonable compared to other venues we researched, but Frank and Jackie really made the difference. They were amazing and there to answer every question... Read More we had leading up to the big day, and they were amazing the day of the wedding, coordinating every detail of the ceremony and reception. The food was amazing, and the servers were courteous to all of our guests. There are a few things that I would reconsider now that we've had a chance to look back on our vendor choices, but Glastonbury Hills is definitely not one of them!

Glastonbury Hills Country Club

Reviewed on 6/04/2012 Nikki P

The Glastonbury Hills Country Club did an awesome job on our wedding day, and they were easy to work with through all of the planning. Everything was perfect.

Amazing job!

Reviewed on 4/16/2012 Jennifer W

Frank takes care of everything before hand and they personalize the day for you however you'd like. The food is incredibly delicious! The day of, Jackie was the person who really ran it and she was INCREDIBLE! We just got married on April 14, 2012 and I wanted to review them... Read More because they did an amazing job! She did all the little things so it would run smoothly. We had a candy bar and brought all our own jars and candy but then the day of, Jackie put pillar candles behind the candy bar with purple rock type things in the bottom and it looked GORGEOUS! I loved every second of my day and a big part of that was due to them. They were fantastic and I would tell anyone to use them! And the package we got included open bar and the cake from a delicious bakery for only $76 a person before taxes and gratuity. An amazing deal for a wonderful place!

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/26/2011 Kate L

Amazing value, great attention to detail, very personalized

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Jenny C

I just had my wedding here on Sept. 30th 2011 and they did an amazing job! Delicious food, elegant atmosphere and layed back. My father was lost on his way to the club to walk me down the aisle and they made me feel calm and collected! Jackie is excellent and knows the flow of... Read More how everything is supposed to go, just listen to her and you'll be good! Frank is great too, very cut and dry and straight forward, that's how I like it! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a venue!

Fantastic deal

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Julie E

We chose Glastonbury Hills Country Club because of its location, view, and good prices. It has lovely big windows overlooking a pretty golf course. We honestly didn't expect too much from the food, since they did not offer a full tasting and the price was so much better than... Read More comparative places. However, on the night of, the food tasted great and our guests really enjoyed it. We were also pleasantly surprised by their wonderful service, efficiency, and organization. The Country Club staff was straightforward about prices and choices, and scrupulous with counts and meal choices. They made sure we were well-cared for on the night of our wedding, and helped make sure everything was loaded into the car and even wrapped us some wedding cake to enjoy that night. I was really impressed by the care and concern they took, and would give the Country Club my highest recommendation.

Absolutely Flawless

Reviewed on 10/04/2010 Jenna D

This venue was incredible and amazing. The staff went above and beyond to take care of every last detail. The food was fabulous and I got nothing but compliments from all of the guests. My only complaints would have to be that the dance floor was HOT (need more AC or better... Read More ventilation) and they ran out of my favorite wine before the end of the night, but everything else was stellar!!

Seamless!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Caitlin B

Fantastic. Frank the banquet manager had us from the first meeting - before we'd even booked, he was offering his "nuggets" of knowledge on everything from good local vendors to saving money on flowers. We were off-season by one week, and he waived the two-weddings-a-day thing... Read More to allow me to be the only event of the day and have the time slot we wanted. My mom is still talking about how wonderful everyone was that day - I have a grandmother with special dietary needs and she felt like she had her very own waitress! Every server there was on the ball, courteous, and willing to do WHATEVER was necessary, whether it was getting me a drink, fixing my bustle, making sure my flowers stayed fresh, etc. Wonderful. If I had to do it again, I'd absolutely pick the Glastonbury Hills Country Club. In addition to the spectacular day, they were among the lowest priced we found in CT and saved us even more money by offering to let us use their centerpiece bowls, etc. Plus, have you SEEN that view?!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Amy E

Loved the huge picture window overlooking the rolling hills of Glastonbury and giving a great view of the foliage. The staff were friendly and made sure everything was prepared the week of the wedding. On the day of the wedding, the Bridal Party was offered hand-passed cheese,... Read More crackers, etc and beverages while we were taking bridal party photos and waiting to be introduced. Everything was in the place I expected it to be: the seating arrangements, flowers, the cake, the Guest signing table, and the gift table. The wait staff did an excellent job serving the food in a timely manner. I have nothing negative to say about the venue. Not to mention it was very reasonable priced!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Erin W

I was thrilled with the excellent attention and service provided by the management staff. The wedding party and guests were never wanting for anything. They were also very flexible about allowing us to come early and set up our decorations.;I have no regrets just make... Read More sure you know that you are allowed a certain amount of hours. If you arrive early you technically must leave early as well.

Reviewed on 1/20/2009 Marybeth M

Everything was taken care of perfectly. Beautiful full wall windows overlooking golf course/ beautiful fall foliage. Event staff well organized. Food excellent.

Reviewed on 8/30/2007 MEGAN M

Everyone at Glastonbury Hills was so easy to work with, relaxed and attentive to detail. My husband, my parents and I felt comfortable, relaxed and well cared for the through the entire process.

Reviewed on 8/22/2007 MICHELLE G

IT was so beautiful. There is a gazebo that has lovely summer flowers around it. The food was amazing & they really catred to the bride & groom all night.