Glen Foerd on the Delaware

Philadelphia, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Glen Foerd on the Delaware

A BEACH IN PHILADELPHIA, PA

Perched on the bank of the Delaware River, just outside of Center City in Philadelphia, Glen Foerd on the Delaware provides all-inclusive classic and luxurious weddings for parties of up to 300 guests. Couples celebrate their nuptials in sheer style in a mansion that has hosted parties since the 1800s. Exclusive use of the grounds on the day of the wedding guarantees personalized attention by a talented event planning and culinary team. Hold the ceremony throughout the manicured lawns or in one of the stately rooms, steeped in history and comfort.

Event pavilion. Fully customizable, with the attentive assistance of the event staff, this outdoor, enclosed pavilion provides a riverfront location to dance the night away. Up to 300 guests can gather for a seated dinner made up of gourmet seasonal options. Each part of the Pavilion's design can be adjusted by the couple, including the option to add delicately draped fabrics, custom wall additions and even lighting and temperature control.

Glen Foerd mansion. On days with inclement weather or during the winter months, explore the unique and breathtaking spaces inside the historic Glen Foerd mansion. The dining room seats up to 120 guests and couples can utilize the sunlit surrounding rooms for transitioning from ceremony to reception. Stained-glass skylights and ornate chandeliers are only a couple of features ideal for invaluable photo opportunities. The second-floor art gallery is one-of-a-kind in a wedding venue, allowing art connoisseurs to stroll through their current collection throughout the evening.

Jamie Hollander Catering & Events meets privately with the couple to coordinate a personalized menu that reflects their style and tastes. Menu tastings are prepared to mirror the meal itself, allowing the couple plenty of flexibility and time to tweak each detail. Chefs will recommend the freshest local foods and guide couples to design a well-balanced evening.

Each detail, from the first visit to the final day-of coordination of outside vendors, is looked over by the event staff. They also understand budgetary requirements and work with couples to stay within their needs. Package prices included non-alcoholic mixers and beverages, all dinnerware and table linens, dance area, bar and setup and breakdown by the staff.

The overall graceful elegance and passionate staff at Glen Foerd on the Delaware will leave couples and guests speechless. In addition to the full-service amenities, special perks include:

• Rathskeller in basement of mansion
  • River views in both venue locations
  • Proximity to airports, nearby cities and major highways
  • Riverfront ceremony options

A historic, riverfront estate to call your own.

Glen Foerd is a one-of-a-kind waterfront venue, just 20 minutes from downtown Philadelphia. The stunning Riverside Pavilion is fully customizable. Smaller events can be held inside the historic mansion, with its unique second floor art gallery and fully furnished rooms. The bridal suite is full of natural light, perfect for photographs. There are many options on the property - transition from a waterfront ceremony to cocktails on the terrace to dinner & dancing in the Pavilion. Truly a unique venue in Philadelphia!

Waterfront, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

5001 Grant Avenue, Philadelphia, PA (215) 862-9809

BEST WEDDING EVER!!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Kimberly B

I just had my wedding at the Glen Foerd Mansion on June 7th, 2014. My wedding was AMAZING, it was better then I ever could have imagined it to be. To start, Jamie Hollander is the new in-house caterer for this venue. Kate Conaway was their event coordinator is PHONOMENAL . As... Read More soon as I met Kate I knew I liked her and was confident my wedding was in good hands She really understood everything I wanted and also had some great new ideas. Her responsiveness to my questions was always very timely which I appreciated. The mansion and grounds at Glen Foerd is breathtaking.. My guests enjoyed cocktail hour inside the mansion and on the new outside terrace which was part of the renovation. .Then after cocktail hour everyone was moved to a beautiful tent that sits right on the water. Since it was such a nice day out they lifted the sides so it felt like the wedding was literally right on the Delaware. Now lets talk about the AMAZNG, DELICIOUS, UNIQUE FOOD. I am still getting compliments about how good the food was at my wedding. The hor d'oeuvres were unbelievably good. I liked that even some of the classic hor d'oeuvres had a different flare to them and also the presentation was very unique As for dinner, I decided to go with a stations menu. I chose a carving station and Italian station. EVERYTHING was SO Good. My guests had so much fun with the food. They had so many choices and the stations were kept open until people stopped coming up for more. My father is a very tough critic and as he paid for my wedding I know he really wanted to be impressed. He told me that night that it was the perfect day and Kate and Jamie Hollanders team exceeded his expectations. The day could not have been more perfect. Thank you so much for making Chris' and I's wedding day so awesome. We wish we could relive it! I would recommend having your wedding at the Glen Foerd Mansion to anyone.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Audrey M

We just got married at Glen Foerd in June and had a beautiful wedding. I was ultimately so happy with our choice of Glen Foerd as a venue. I looked far and wide for a venue with the kind of vintage charm that Glen Foerd offers. We held the ceremony and reception on the property... Read More and were blessed with great warm weather, allowing guests to enjoy the beautiful grounds and breathtaking Delaware river, which is everywhere you look. The mansion is equally beautiful, and includes so many interesting, unique details. The entire space is huge but does not swallow a 100-person group. The staff at Jamie Hollander were outstanding. Leslie Cervenka, our event coordinator, did an amazing job. She was so helpful and patient with us, listening to every request and making sure things were just how we wanted them. We received many compliments on the delicious food, and the servers could not have been nicer or more professional. Throughout the night the team made sure we had ample food and drinks, bringing appetizers and cocktails to us, and later serving us plates at our sweetheart table. I believe this venue is a good value for the cost, and provides a great atmosphere if you're looking for a classic, romantic and formal event. Guests all commented on how much they loved the property and enjoyed exploring it. While the riverside pavilion offers a pretty, spacious space for all the guests to dine and dance, the layout of the venue also allows people to roam and explore (perfect for those who may not want to dance all night). Some of our earliest communications with the venue left me a little confused about the planning process, but once we were matched with Leslie all went smoothly. GF offers the perfect amount of assistance for those who enjoy planning but also need some help. My only regret is that we didn't pay extra to get into the venue earlier the day of the wedding. We had such a wonderful night but think we could have enjoyed it even more if we'd had a bit more time.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 C. A. J. J

Jaime Hollander and Leslie Cervenka made the perfect day for our daughter’s wedding. The food and the venue (Glen Foerd on the Delaware) were absolutely wonderful, and the jewel in the crown was Leslie, who made sure everything was perfect and that we did not have to worry about... Read More a thing. Thank you Jaime Hollander and THANK YOU Leslie!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Alyson (Aliza) G

As soon as I stepped on Glen Foerd's property I knew this would be the place were I would get married. The historic mansion overlooking the Delaware River gave the wedding a beautiful romantic and old fashion vibe and my guest loved everything about the venue. Leslie who... Read More coordinated the wedding at Glen Foerd was unbelievable! She was so accommodating and she made the wedding exactly how I wanted it! If I could I would give the venue more than 5 stars! I highly recommend this venue to all!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Alyssa L

We recently had our wedding at Glen Foerd and it was wonderful. We wrote a separate review for what an amazing job Jamie Hollander did as our caterer (especially our coordinator Leslie!), but wanted to spend a few words praising the venue itself. The site is beautiful and we... Read More fell in love with it as soon as we toured it. Unfortunately it rained the day of our wedding and we did not get the waterside ceremony we imagined. However, the indoor location for the ceremony worked perfectly for our 120 guests. It wasn’t what we planned, but it was beautiful and perfect anyway. Our guests loved cocktail hour in the mansion, particularly the historic stuff like the museum upstairs. They also had a great time at the reception in the pavilion. We got numerous compliments about how nice the place was. Glen Foerd was really the perfect location for our wedding.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Not I

This review is entirely based on our experience with Jamie Hollander, Glen Foerd's exclusive caterer. Glen Foerd is a beautiful wedding venue, and we were so excited to have our wedding there. Unfortunately, we canceled our wedding due to an unfortunate situation with Jamie... Read More Hollander. We put a deposit down on our date, 18 months prior to the date of our wedding. Our first wedding coordinator designated by Jamie Hollander was hard to get in touch with, made false promises and verbally agreed upon pricing that he could not follow through on (which we didn't know at the time). We were waiting for our menu to be finalized when he was fired, 9 months before our wedding. The price per person that he promised us, we were then told could not happen. We were extremely confused since we booked the venue and caterer on the premise of what their coordinator had told us. It didn't matter to Jamie Hollander. We proceeded to have back and forth calls with other employees for 2 weeks, until we finally had a call with Jamie Hollander himself. This was the most unprofessional and condescending conversation I have ever had with a business owner. As we tried to explain our side of the story dealing with his former coordinator, he proceeded to tell us "it sounds like you can't afford us" and "excuse me for asking this, but what makes you so special that **** would give you this price?" Jamie was rude, condescending and offensive. They gave us an ultimatum: pay the higher price tag or release your date. After days of crying, we ultimately decided to cancel our contract with Jamie Hollander because we did not feel right giving them our business after the way we were treated by them. Their food was good, but not worth the headaches and drama that we experienced.

2017-05-26T09:26:39 Response from the vendor

Such a negative review stands out among our otherwise stellar reviews here and elsewhere. We have had scores of successful weddings at Glen Foerd, and our clients’ reviews substantiate our hard work and our desire to exceed expectations. After reviewing our email and phone contacts... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Yolanda S

We got married at Glen Foerd in October 2016. Our wedding day was perfect from start to finish. Phil was our coordinator from Jamie Hollander, and he was excellent to work with. He helped us keep things within our budget and still have the most beautiful wedding we could have... Read More hoped for.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Chelsea C

I visited five or six venues, but after seeing the Glen Foerd I knew where I wanted to have my wedding. We had it in early November and the weather turned out perfect. The staff, house, and grounds were all amazing. All of my guests had a fabulous time and we got many... Read More compliments like, "Wow! You guys really know how to throw a party!" and "This is like a Cinderella wedding!" A nice little perk was the art gallery on the second floor which was open for guests to explore during cocktail hour. On the night of my wedding they took special care to make sure my new husband and I were well taken care of and got to try all the food, which I greatly appreciated ;-) The food, catered by Jamie Hollander, was outstanding. I had numerous compliments on it as well. Their appetizers were especially delicious and unique and really delighted my guests. The only reason I didn't give a five star rating is that the Glen Foerd's event planner, who was an employee of Jamie Hollander catering, was not very good at communicating. I lived out of the area and was doing alot of my planning via email. I would email him and not hear back for a long time if ever. He was also difficult to get hold of via phone calls. Other Jamie Hollander employees were very prompt and easy to communicate with via email. In person, the event planner was lovely, easy to talk with, had a great personality, and really knew what he was doing. The day of the wedding he did a fabulous job, and everything ended up exactly as I wanted it. My only frustration, but it was a big one, was that he would not respond to my emails throughout the many months of wedding planning. I could not resolve certain things when I needed to, it drew out many projects that could have been closed sooner, and added greatly to the already immense stress of planning the wedding. If he is just too busy to attend to his emails properly, Jamie Hollander should take this into account and provide some support as it was the only thing that detracted from my experience with them and the Glen Foerd.

Sheer Perfection!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Andria P

Words truly can't describe how pleased we are with Jamie Hollander Catering, but I will certainly try. Jamie Hollander is the newly exclusive caterer to Glenn Foerd on the Delaware. We contacted them directly to obtain a tour of the site, and Phil Tran is the person who... Read More conducted the tour. His passion for what he does and excitement for what he knew our wedding could be is what sold us on having our wedding at Glen Foerd. After we agreed to have our wedding at this venue, we had the pleasure of taking a look at Jamie Hollander's extensive menu. We couldn't wait for the first tasting after reading the description of their wonderful food selections! They did not disappoint at the tasting. Their food was spectacular and Phil and the event coordinator, Kate Conway, were so excited to show us what they could produce. The planning process was very smooth and they increased our trust in their abilities every step of the way. Kate even went as far as to come to our rehearsal dinner location to coordinate the rehearsal there. (Our rehearsal dinner was not close to Glen Foerd and we didn't want to make our bridal party drive that long distance two days in a row.) They handled everything for us, from tables and linens, to food and coordinating the ceremony. Kate and Phil were there on the wedding day to ensure that everything went as smoothly as promised. They really did deliver and we had the best day that we could have ever imagined. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Kate, Phil, and Jamie HOllander!

Glamorous, Unique Waterfront Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Rebecca B

I fell in love with this venue the minute I stepped on the property. The mansion is a historical landmark, the grounds overlooking the water are gorgeous, and the reception tent is the perfect mix of elegance and fun. Special touches such as the upstairs bridal suite and... Read More basement ratskellar for our afterparty made this a unique venue unlike anything we've seen before. The catering company (Jamie Hollander) also manages all the reception logistic and coordinates with your vendors. I can't recommend Glen Foerd enough!

Our beautiful wedding August 2015!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Natalia S

We recently had our wedding at Glen Foerd on Delaware and it was more beautiful that i could have ever imagined. The place is very charming and elegant. The views of Delaware behind our back are breathtaking. We had a ceremony right down at the river. The sound of the flowing... Read More river and the sun playing on it-it was stunning. Also, i want to say that Jamie Hollander Catering and Event team and Phil Tran-personally are the best to work with. Our wedding day was flawless, Phil made sure everything ran on time and was perfect. The food was delicious, we had many compliments on it throughout the nigh. So, if you are looking for wedding venue with great food, perfect outdoor ceremony and great coordinators, then Glen Foerd is your place!

Food and Service

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Jackie N

I recently held my wedding at Glen Foerd Mansion on the Delaware and Jamie Hollander is the exclusive caterer for this location. The food was fantastic, the venue is spectacular and my guests had so many nice things to say about the staff. Kate Conaway is the event... Read More coordinator. She is very experienced and certainly knows how to calm the bride down. She handled everything with ease and I felt comfortable with her opinions and suggestions for our wedding.

Perfect Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 1/18/2014 Pamela R

I would highly recommend Conroy Catering for any wedding. My husband and I had our wedding at the Glen Foerd Mansion, and Conroy catered our event. In a word, the food was exceptional. We chose the “Bronze” package, which was their least expensive package, and we were very... Read More satisfied. The butlered hors d'oeuvres and the bruschetta bar were absolutely amazing! These were definitely our favorites. For their meals, our guests had the choice of chicken, eggplant, or salmon (there were other options in the Bronze package, as well), and all of the meals were delicious. We chose a red velvet cake, and that was a great choice too. My husband has some prior experience working with a catering company, and he was very happy with the smoothness of how things unfolded with all of our different vendors (DJ, photo booth attendant, photographers). They worked very well together. Conroy Catering ensured that all of the vendors worked very cohesively together which made it almost seem as if all the different vendors were a part of Conroy Catering. The wait staff and bridal attendant were very personable and took very good care of us. We could not have been happier with choosing Conroy Catering!

My Victorian Chic Wedding (with some dinosaurs)

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Kristen B

I am so happy I chose Glen Foerd as my wedding venue. My husband and I are both city people and wanted something different from the standard hotel ballroom reception. The venue was perfect, the food was excellent, and the service was very good. I wish they would allow for... Read More private tastings, or offered more group tastings. Also, my personal attendant was a tad pushy. I love how they were able to load in all of my decorations the day before. Lori responded to all of my emails quickly, and Jeanie was incredibly helpful the day before and the day of. I would pick Glen Foerd all over again.

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Jen H

Perfect venue. Great staff. Couldn't have asked for anything more for my wedding!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Johanna H

Glen Foerd was simply fabulous. Every single aspect, food, service, location, décor. All of it! Conroy Catering was a pleasure to work with, and Maria was always available to help with all of our requests. Conroy lets you build your custom wedding and it was perfect! Thanks so... Read More much!

Perfect venue with character and natural beauty

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Olivia T

My husband and I loved having our wedding at the Glen Foerd mansion. We also got many compliments from our guests on our choice of venue. We live in London but wanted to have the wedding in the Philadelphia area where my parents live. We chose Glen Foerd because it is a... Read More historical building with gorgeous architecture, an art gallery upstairs and works of art throughout. The mansion faces the Delaware River and is also beautifully landscaped. It also made sense financially because use of the mansion was included in the package we chose from Conroy Catering, which was competitively priced. The set up at Glen Foerd gives couples a lot of options for their ceremony and reception. We were married by the gazebo, but could have also chosen a spot right by the water or at the jetty. If it had rained too heavily, we could also have had the ceremony in the drawing room or the conservatory. For lunch, we opted to eat in the dining room, which was just the right size for our wedding of 80 people, although it could have accommodated more. We moved to the larger conservatory for the cake cutting and dancing. We were at first concerned that the conservatory would be too large for our group, but with the tables, DJ stand and various food and drink stations, it worked well.

Wonderful Venue with Conroy Catering!

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Mary E

Our wedding was amazing and exactly what we envisioned. The mansion and grounds are beautiful with the Delaware River as its backdrop. It is a true gem in NE Philly. The staff with Conroy Catering made our day. The food surpassed expectations and we received great personal... Read More attention. Thank you to the entire staff! Conroy Catering is currently the exclusive catering company at Glen Foerd. To my knowledge, the parks department has not renewed Conroy's contract and is selecting another company to take over in 2014. Loosing Conroy Catering will be a great loss for the venue. For those planning their wedding....here are some helpful hints about the venue: 1. The mansion does have AC on the first floor. The bridal suite does have an AC unit, but it still can be rather hot during the summer months. 2. The art gallery is a gem! However, the gallery has limited access during tours and your reception. Also, the art gallery is not climate controlled. 3. Tour the mansion and grounds to preselect your 'photo' locations. The grounds are large and it can take a while to walk around during your wedding for photos on the property. Pick your favorite spots and discuss with your photographer. 4. If you have guest not familiar with the area, be sure to use Conroy's directions. With one way streets, some GPS services have trouble. It is about 30 minutes north of the Philly Airport. 5. There are several restrictions about the use of the facility because it is a historical landmark. As always, become informed about the restrictions as to not become disappointed. (For example: no flower toss inside,rehearsal is not guaranteed until the wk of your event, limited tour hours, etc)

BEST WEDDING VENUE IN PA

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Holly B

Glen Foerd is a true one of a kind find. At first we knew we wanted water at our location but not a beach or pond and Glen Foerd was one of the few locations in PA that provided this. However, it is not just the Delaware River backdrop to our ceremony that made Glen Foerd... Read More perfect. Glen Foerd had everything from a beautiful location to great food. We had our ceremony outside on the river, used the mansion for cocktail hour and had our reception in the Conservatory. The Conservatory was really the thing that sold us in the end. It is a year-round "tented" area with stone floors and chandeliers on the river. It was the most beautiful location for our reception. Everything about this mansion is perfect. The house offers a wine-cellar for tastings at cocktail hour, an organ, a piano, an art gallery tour during cocktail hour and so much more. The staff at Glen Ford and with Conroy Catering was truly amazing. They catered to our every need on our wedding day, including making sure that we got to taste every single bite of food offered. The food provided by Conroy Catering is exceptional. Everyone raved about it, especially the short rib entree and the cake. The only reason we did not rate them 5 stars for flexibility is that the owners of the mansion and Conroy Catering have pretty strict rules like no candles, fireworks, lanterns, outside food or drink and so on. Despite this, they were as flexible as they could be. They allowed us to bring in a small groom's cake and have a candy bar. We also had a photo booth. Glen Foerd and the space they offer just has unimaginable possibilities for an amazing wedding day for any couple. We cannot say enough about this place and our guests felt the same. They said they have never been to a wedding so wonderful and really we owe that to Glen Foerd's beautiful location and wonderful staff and Caterer. The only real disappointment was that we were offered a spot on TLC's Four Weddings but the owners would not allow it no matter what.

Beautiful wedding at Glen Foerd

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Simeng S

Glen Foerd was a beautiful site for my wedding. The grounds were perfect for pictures in the spring. Our guests had a great time exploring the grounds and the museum. Conroy Catering was very professional and helpful throughout the process.

Amazing wedding!

Reviewed on 4/21/2013 Laura C

I got married at glen foerd on April 6 th. The day was perfect they did a great job of organizing everything. All of the things I brought to my rehearsal were correctly placed around the home. I had a bridal attendant and she was extremely helpful! I spoke to Maria all... Read More of the time while trying to decide on the venue, and after we placed a deposit. She was timely at getting back to us. And answered my many questions! There do seem to be a lot of rules for the venue. But I can tell you the day of everything from glen foerd was perfect! This beautiful place is even more beautiful the day of your wedding! Thank you Maria and glen foerd!

superb!

Reviewed on 12/09/2012 Lori S

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Glen Foerd. We had attended a wedding at Glen Foerd in 2009 and instantly knew we wanted to get married here... its unlike no other venue in the area... beautiful grounds along the river, historic mansion, wine cellar, art gallery with... Read More tiffany glass ceiling and famous artwork, outdoor glass conservatory... We worked with Lori through the entire planning process and she was phenomenal, incredibly sweet and so knowledgeable about everything related to the caterer and the site. Towards the end she was wonderful at coordinating appointments to allow us to prepare for the day. She was the liason between the banquet manager, baker, and all necessary staff at Glen Foerd, and she always responded to my emails promptly and answered my questions with ease. Our wedding was the weekend after Hurricane Sandy and she was so reassuring through that last stressful week, and the mansion did not even lose power. The price is pretty much all inclusive (with the exception of the tax) and it is quite reasonable for the venue. Chris was our banquet manager and was exceptional during our meeting the day prior, very organized and very specific with instructions. Dee was our bridal attendant and she was so doting to us, made sure we always had an appetizer during cocktail hour or drink during the entire night, and ensured we sat down to eat our meal. Every detail of the entire day was perfect. Thank you!!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 12/06/2012 Megan M

This is an absolutely beautiful venue for a wedding. The staff is wonderful, particularly Lori, Jeannie, and Alice. Lori was an email or phone call away throughout the entire year of planning and so helpful and accommodating. Jeannie was our event manager the day of the wedding... Read More and made the whole day just perfect with very smooth transitions and awesome timing. Alice was my bridal attendant for the day and was amazing! Alice made sure we had anything and everything we needed at all times from bustling my dress with safety pins after I ripped out the bustles on accident to making sure we didn't forget to eat and drink! We had 96 guests which was the perfect number for a unique and intimate wedding. Our ceremony took place in the living room and was just so beautiful and romantic and our reception was in the conservatory which has an awesome dance floor. We opted for the stations which gave our guests a huge selection of food to choose from and the food is delicious! I cannot say enough about Glen Foerd Mansion. It is also a beautiful location for pictures, we did our engagement and wedding pictures on their grounds.

wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Christine B

My husband, parents, and I fell in love with Glen Foerd the first time we visited. I knew immediately I wanted a formal sit-down dinner in the dining room and dancing in the conservatory (where you have an amazing view of the Delaware River!). The staff (Eileen, Dee, & others!)... Read More made the event flow seamlessly through the whole house. Our guests enjoyed the art gallery upstairs, wine cellar downstairs, and the FOOD! This location and the Conroy staff made it truly a night I will never forget.

This place will wow your guests!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Laura K

I fell in love with Glen Foerd the first time I toured it to try and pick a venue with my husband- how many historic mansions can acommodate a wedding of 150 people? The atrium (where we had our reception) is gorgeous with views of the Deleware River on three sides, there is an... Read More art gallery upstairs, a wine cellar downstairs, and the food was phenominal! I could go on but you have to see it yourself- I can't tell you how many compliments we got on our venue choice, definitely check it out!