Gloss Hair and Makeup

You can say the heart of Gloss is in wedding services, it’s what started this company and we continue to do wedding hair and makeup almost every weekend. Gloss offers in salon and on location services. Our goal is for you to stay relaxed while having fun, and most importantly feel beautiful.

Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Massage, Waxing, Beauty

276 East Main Street, Newark, DE (302) 737-8080

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Rachel C

Let me start my review by saying that I had never heard of Gloss prior to planning my wedding and the reason I even contacted them at all was because of their reviews on weddingwire.... Lauren and Krystal did our hair and I cannot praise them enough. Every girl had long hair and... Read More wanted some type of curly updo; these two had everyone's hair curled, set and pinned in record time. I may be biased, but I have never seen a bridal party's hair look as fun & glamorous as mine. Not one girl had to "fix" their own hair after Lauren & Krystal left or repin falling hair later in the night. As for my hair, if I didn't just have my own make up done I probably would have teared up with how perfect and spot on Lauren pinned my hair- I wanted "BIG!" with this white feather/flower clip attached to the side and she made me look fantastic. My hair captured my personality and made me recieve countless compliments all night. I can't forget Emma in this review- all of my girls wanted the "sexy/smoky eye" look and Emma not only granted everyone's wish but also made everyone look like a celebrity. I've been to weddings where the bridal party looks good in pictures but looks "trashy" up close, this was not the case at my wedding. My girls wore hot orange, which could lead to clown-looking make up if the artist wasn't conscious of her color choices, but Emma made everyone look stunning. These ladies are without a doubt some of the best artists of their craft that I have ever had the pleasure of working with- the fact that they can do all of this on-location makes them the ultimate hair & make-up wedding vendor in my book.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Samantha F

Tateum and Krystal were so professional and helped make my wedding day fun and perfect! Tateum was so creative and understanding when it came to perfecting the look for my bridal hair. All of my bridesmaids and my mom's hair looked so perfect and held up throughout the entire... Read More night! I highly recommend these talented ladies!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Kristin D

I originally chose Gloss because of their prices, flexibility, and other reviews. It was definitely the correct choice! When I went in for my hair and makeup trial, the woman who did my makeup discussed with me to find out exactly what I wanted (natural/air brushing/fake... Read More eyelashes). She did an amazing job, both on the trial day and the day of the wedding. For my hair, I thought I knew what I wanted and I came in with a picture. The woman who did my hair said it might not look great because of my dark hair, but she agreed to do it so we could see. When she finished, I decided I didn't like it, so she took it out and we tried a different style. She incorporated the braids and curls that I wanted and she came up with the most beautiful hair style. I was ecstatic. The same two women came to my house the day of the wedding to do hair and makeup for me, my bridal party, and the moms. Everyone was very happy with their resulting looks and we all looked fabulous for the big day. I highly recommend this company.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Sharon D

Emma was fabulous! She showed up ready to work and was so organized and professional. Not to mention a real joy to just talk to. I think she could sense I was beginning to get nervous and she was so calming while applying my make up and chatting with me. My niece was... Read More apprehensive about having her make up applied by someone else but after Emma did it, she was over the moon! She just loved it. Everyone looked perfect that day. Thank you Emma!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 anne m

Sarah provided wedding day hair for my entire wedding party and myself. Emma provided wedding day makeup for my entire wedding party and myself. From start to finish (and a trial run on both) I can not thank each of these ladies for the outstanding job they did. Everyone was... Read More happy with all their work and I know I had the best looking wedding party ladies ever. I highly recommend Sarah and Emma and Gloss. You cant go wrong with them. Thank you both.

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Emily M

Tateum has been my stylist since she was in hair school almost 20 years ago! I have followed her from salon to salon until she landed at Gloss. Along with Shannon and Jessica, these girls have beautifully styled no less than 15 weddings I have been a part of. The most memorable... Read More being my own wedding in Grand Cayman Island this year, where they styled 16 women's hair, make-up and applied lashes I under 8 hours! Stunning is a word that doesn't even do justice to the work these ladies do! I will continue to fly home to Delaware (from South Carolina) several times a year to be styled by these ladies, as I have for the past 12 years since I moved away...which says a lot about their level of talent!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Amy B

I am so happy with the services I received from Gloss Salon! They are so talented in what they do. They came to me at my venue for my wedding and did hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids and everyone was so pleased with the results. We got many compliments on our hair and... Read More makeup throughout the day. I definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Julie C

Wow can't say enough good things about the Gloss Hair and Makeup team out of Wilmington! They were prompt, efficient, patient, super sweet and did an absolutely flawless job on my bridesmaids and myself, the bride's, look for our big day. I've never seen a beauty team stick to... Read More the schedule and actually finish early for a wedding but they did it! This made the entire getting ready experience so nice. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a hair and makeup team for their wedding or any formal occasion.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Katie B

Gloss was great! I had Tonya do hair and Emma do makeup for me and several of my ladies. They came to the hotel we were staying in and we all had a great time. They were extremely patient with some of the more particular ladies in my group as well, I was very impressed! I... Read More changed my hair from my initial trial, and Tonya was super nice about it and made it look amazing. Emma knew immediately what I wanted based on a few photos and both hair and makeup held all night! I would definitely recommend these ladies if you want a fun getting ready experience and have great hair and makeup for your wedding :)

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Katie M

I had never been 100% pleased with my professionally done hair and makeup before, so I was beyond thrilled with the amazing job of Gloss! At my trial at the Gloss in the City Salon site in Wilmington, Jen listened earnestly and carefully to the description of my dream updo and... Read More was completely on board with my vision. My hairstyle was executed PERFECTLY! I was really nervous about my makeup, but at my trial, Kate was patient and understanding even when I asked her to try something different. On my actual wedding day, Jen and Kate brought an additional stylist, also named Kate, to my parents' house in Hockessin. All three ladies were prompt, professional, and most importantly, a LOT of fun to have in the house! We spent the morning chatting away with them while they worked. EVERYONE was so happy with their hair and makeup, especially me. Regarding cost, I would say that their pricing is reasonable considering there was no extra cost added for local travel and for the quality of their work. I HIGHLY recommend booking Gloss, especially if you want your stylists to travel to your site.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Carla H

Tateum did an amazing job on my bridal hair and makeup and my 2 bridesmaids' hair & makeup for my wedding. Everyone was THRILLED with their hair and makeup and the prices were very reasonable. I'm not a makeup person, so I discussed this with Tateum so I wouldn't look like a... Read More different person on my wedding day because of so much makeup. She definitely heard what I was saying, and made me look so beauiful, and more importantly, I still looked like me! I was so impressed that my makeup remained flawless all day and night through pictures and dancing! Everyone at the wedding was just blown away by my updo. They couldn't get over how classicly elegant my hair looked! I absolutely loved the flexibility of Tateum being able to come to the bridal suite as well to create a stress-free environment. I would highly recommend Gloss Salon to brides and bridesmaids for you next wedding.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Brandy A

I can not say enough good things about Tateum at Gloss Salon. From the hair trial to the day of wedding services, she was amazing. Tateum and Sarah both traveled to my hotel the day of the wedding to take care of myself and my bridesmaids. Out of 6 girls there were 3 getting... Read More hair and all of us getting make up. I had someone last minute need hair as well and they had no issues fitting her in with the rest of us! The girls were so friendly, fun, professional, and very talented! The service was top notch and everyone looked absolutely beautiful. Tateum was very accommodating to everyone's needs. She listened to anyone's concerns and bent over backwards for them. She stayed last minute, as we were trying to rush out, doing final touch-ups for everyone! She even helped me get my veil on with my sisters and moms! It was very sweet! I do not have one bad thing to say and highly recommend Gloss for your wedding needs!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Jammie R

My wedding was on 10/11/15. My wedding planner recommended Gloss so I went there for a trial. Nickie was wonderful - she listened to what I wanted and made great recommendations. When Nickie came to the Inn the day of she also brought Katarina who did an equally amazing job.... Read More They did hair and makeup for myself, my sister (MOH), the MOB and the MOG. My sister and the MOG both caused some unnecessary stress with their hair styles/makeup however Nickie and Katarina were so calm during the entire process and proceeded to bend over backwards to satisfy them. I could not have made a better decision to use Gloss. I felt absolutely stunning the entire day! It was perfect.

A wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Amanda M

My husband and I are from out of the country and got married at my mom's house--so it had been awhile since I'd lived nearby. Not sure where to get my hair done, I looked for a bumble and bumble salon since I can always rely on a wonderful experience at their salons. And Gloss... Read More certainly delivered! I was very impressed with their website up front. There was lots of great info and lovely pictures of pervious hair styles and make up so it gave me a good idea of the service I should expect. From the very beginning Tateum, the wedding coordinator, was very helpful, responsive and kind. Gloss did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup or my wedding day! Sarah was the stylist who did my hair. She was so kind and even showed up on her day off to do my hair trial because it was the only day that worked for me due to travelling. Crystal did my makeup and I looked so natural and gorgeous on my wedding day! She did a wonderful job, she listened to what I was looking for, she made really helpful suggestions and I looked lovely. I originally wanted an airbrush experience because I've never done it before. And though it's more expensive, Crystal talked me out of it saying that I wouldn't really need it and that the make up she would use would be long-lasting and give me the look I was really wanting. The ladies of Gloss did a wonderful job on my girls and mom too. Everyone looks wonderful and they even managed to squeeze in one flowergirl too. We brought in food and chatted and had a great time. My one recommendation would be to be very liberal with your timeline. With so many ladies and so much hair we were more than an hour later than anticipated. I was rushed for our wedding ceremony. However, it was a lovely relaxing experience and my hair stayed the whole day and night! Thank you Crystal and Sarah for being such an important part of my fabulous day!

Full of Talent

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Britt L

I found Gloss salon through a search on Google. As any bride I was extremely nervous to trust my hair and makeup to strangers. Gloss salon is full of talent though and my stylist did an incredible job with my hair and makeup! She listened carefully to me and I felt stunning on... Read More my wedding day! Gloss salon as very easy to work with and scheduling was a breeze. Thanks Gloss!

Perfect Hair & Makeup

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I am so happy with GLOSS services! I had the makeup artist come to the hotel where I was getting ready. The fact that they travel to your location makes the wedding morning so much less stressful! On top of that, I loved my hair and makeup. Both stayed put all night long! I got... Read More so many compliments on both, the stylist really listened to what I wanted and delivered! Would definitely recommend using GLOSS for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Ivelisse M

Reserving services from Gloss was possibly the best idea I had. I hadn't thought of hair and make-up because I've grown used to believing it doesn't exist due to my job requiring very light make-up and my hair in a bun. The ladies who worked on my hair were so kind and wonderful... Read More to work with. I hate wearing make-up and made sure I expressed that prior to us beginning and I'm so glad I did. She used products that made me feel like I wasn't wearing anything on my face. She was also beyond patient with me flinching when it came to applying the eye make up. Most importantly, she made my mother feel comfortable with her Thyroid surgery scar by applying some light make-up to the area and making it also invisible. My mother now treasures the photos from that night because they don't remind her of her cancer struggle. Without knowing it, our make-up artists provided my mother with peace of mind throughout the night. In doing that, she provided us with countless memories through pictures my mother loves!

Reliable and Excellent

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Danielle P

Gloss showed up to my bridal suite exactly on time, and did a great job on myself and my large bridal party (hair and makeup). It took so much stress off of me. I highly recommend them.

Great Hair & Make up Ladies!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Cate C

I used Gloss for my wedding and was very happy with how my hair and make up turned out. I had a trial the month before and had an allergic reaction to the airbrush, so I provided my own and it looks great! I showed the girls a couple pictures of what I liked and they just did... Read More their thing and it looked awesome. I loved that they came to my house to do our hair and make up so me and the bridesmaids could relax, eat breakfast and not feel rushed or overwhelmed.

Couture Beauty

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Katie L

I'm not sure if there really is something called Couture Beauty, but Gloss is definitely in a league of their own. From the flower girl to my mom, every one in my bridal party looked stunning. We had hair and make up done. The #glossgirls came to my bridal suite to do hair and... Read More make up for the wedding and out of all the vendors I used for my wedding, Gloss was the only one I knew I did not have to worry about. They are very organized. We had so much fun getting ready! I wouldn't go to anyone else especially wedding day hair and makeup. Did I mention they did hair and make up for my engagement photos too! Thanks Gloss!!!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 8/08/2015

Gloss really exceeded my expectations for the hair and makeup services. I had initially scheduled with another salon, but when I decided I wanted the stylists to come to the hotel, the price doubled! Gloss rearranged the schedule of their stylists to accommodate me and my... Read More bridal party. My makeup and hair never looked so good. Gloss doesn't charge a travel fee like other salons. Huge value, especially for the high quality services.

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Lauren S

I had my hair and makeup done by gloss on my wedding day as did my entire bridal party. Had a few people who were a little too picky in my party (I don't think they were used to having their hair done any other way besides how they do it themselves) and the ladies were very... Read More professional and addressed their concerns. My makeup and hair was great and exactly how I wanted it. I was very happy that they traveled to our location and we were able to relax and not have to worry about driving around on the day of the wedding. I would definitely recommended Gloss to anyone looking for wedding hair and make up.

Love this place!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Allison L

Came in for my hair and make up trial and everyone was so friendly and accommodating. 3 ladies came to my hotel suite for hair and makeup for my entire bridal party plus the moms. These ladies were so fun! We all had a blast! I recommend this salon to everyone in the... Read More Wilmington/Newark area. Seriously, you won't be disappointed!

Awesome Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist for my big day

Reviewed on 7/05/2014 Kelly

Lauren was wonderful at creating the perfect vision I had for my wedding day hair style. It was very natural and I totally looked like myself. It stayed all night and had to wash it several times to get all of the products out which was good. Emma did a wonderful job with my... Read More makeup, made it look natural but beautiful. My mom and bridesmaid hair and makeup looked awesome also. Great job Gloss.

Glam Squad

Reviewed on 6/22/2014 Robyn M

Thank you Kate and Katie! My bridesmaids and I looked flawless. I'll definitely use your services in the future.