Goodwin Lighting Services

Lakeside Park, KY

Lighting ties the whole event together

Lighting, Decorations + Accents, Generators, Rentals + Equipment

96 Brittany Court, Lakeside Park, KY

Ability to Turn a Blank Space into a Beautiful Space

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Emily B

Goodwin Lighting is amazing! We had our reception at Music Hall and I had my doubts but they pulled it off. I was worried the red color I wanted was going to look pink. It turned out so much better than my vision. The room was so beautiful with the lighting that it looked... Read More like a different space!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Joe T

GREAT and worth every penny

Beautiful Lighting

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Michelle S

Goodwin Lighting provided pin lighting and dance floor lighting for our reception at The Phoenix. They did a wonderful job - and were extremely easy to work with. After initially talking to Glenn and making the deposit, there were no other details to worry about and they did... Read More everything that needed to be done without any further interaction from me. This was fantastic to not have to worry about a thing. If you would like to be more involved in the planning process, they are very open to suggestions and making the decor exactly what you want it to be. They have also worked many times with wedding venues and so are experts on what works best for specific areas. The final product was fantastic and the pictures on their website speak for themselves. Their service changes a nice venue into a stunning venue.

Beautiful Lighting for my Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Alison S

Goodwin Lighting Services provided the lighting for our wedding reception at The Center and it was stunning! We did up-lighting on all the walls for the reception, as well as pin-lights on every table and a custom monogram on the wall behind the head table. When we walked in the... Read More room our breath was taken away; the room so beautiful and the lighting transformed the space into exactly what we had dreamed of. We would absolutely recommend Goodwin Lighting Services to anyone looking for lighting for an event.

Stunning lighting!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Phoebe S

Goodwin Lighting provided lighting services for our wedding reception at the Phoenix. They put spotlights on every table including the cake table on the corner of the dance floor. They also did the starry night theme on the ceiling. It was breathtaking! I still remember that... Read More one of my favorite moments of the night was being introduced into the reception. When I walked in, it was like I had entered my fairy tale wedding. I never imagined it could look as gorgeous as it did!!! The starry night theme gave the room a truly magical feel and the spotlights made it look classic. Glen Goodwin and I communicated over email in the planning on the lighting services. He was very responsive and since I was indecisive at times, he was helpful in providing pictures of examples of the different lighting he could provide. He was professional and gave great advice to help me make my choice. I would HIGHLY recommend working with Goodwin Lighting!

Beautiful night!

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Ariel F

Glenn and Vicki were wonderful throughout my wedding planning and day-of process. They were responsive to emails and easy to contact. Vicki inquired about my ideas for lighting for the rehearsal and I gave her some ideas and provided her with picturs of the centerpieces and... Read More decor. My husbands only requirement was "romantic." After that, I left it up to them to determine what specifically to do (they're the professionals!). The room (Hall of Mirrors) turned out spectacular! The room looked absolutely stunning with the colors and lighting they had chosen. It was exactly what I had in mind when I thought of what "romantic" would be! Although I never actually had the chance to meet anyone from this company face-to-face I would rate them high in professionalism. On my wedding day, I shouldn't have to worry about those thingss right?! Great job to Goodwin Lighting! That you for making our day so special.

Beautiful for the Hall of Mirrors

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Jessica S

Glen and Vicki did the lighting for my wedding in the Hall of Mirrors. They pin-lit each table and the dancefloor. It was spectacular.

Reviewed on 8/14/2013

SPECTACULAR! JAW DROPPING! EYE CANDY! FAIRY TALE! MAGICAL! I had the pleasure of working with Goodwin Lighting for my wedding. This was one of the BEST decisions we made and the most effortless. I had only seen pictures of different lighting that Goodwin Lighting had done. I... Read More thought it was neat. We originally requested a monogram and ceremony and reception lighting. About a week before the wedding I made an impulsive decision to add the ceiling lights. I contacted Glen Goodwin of Goodwin Lighting (understanding that my original contract did not have ceiling lighting) to ask if it could be added. He with great enthusiasm checked to see if he could add this service for my date and made it happen. This was a surprise for my husband to be. We planned the entire wedding together and we both thought ceiling lights were cool based on the pictures but it wasn't in our budget. To my surprise, it was a Surprise for me as well. The pictures that we had seen were beautiful BUT to see the effects of the lighting in person was so much more than what the pictures showed. The lighting exceeded my expectations and it made a Beautifully decorated room Magical. The lighting captured the essence of the Love my Husband and I have for each other, Magical. I think lighting is the one accessory people over look when planning a wedding, it should be the first accessory people look into. I would like to Thank Glen and Vickie Goodwin for working with us and making our vision come to light.

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Laura D

The lighting for my wedding was so beautiful. Pinpoints on all the tables and cake, moon and stars on the walls, gorgeous pattern for the dance floor, everything was so perfect! It really transformed the room to make everyone feel like they were in a wonderland. They also... Read More were kind and easy to work with!

Bailed One Week Before Our Wedding

Reviewed on 4/27/2013 Megan U

We had been working with Goodwin lighting for months, trying to find an agreeable price point for lighting of our reception in the Hall of Mirrors at the Hilton. Finally, two weeks before our wedding, they offered us $750 for dance floor lighting, uplighting of the columns, and... Read More starry night lighting in the dome. We accepted this price but asked if it would be too dark without the pin lighting. On Wednesday, they responded that we could add pin lighting for the tables and cake for another $300. I sent them a check for $1050 on Friday and emailed a copy of the contract. The following day, ONE WEEK before our wedding, Tina at Goodwin said they could no longer do it for this price and tried to give us half of the services for the same price. We were shocked and extremely disappointed. Tina did not even try to work with us on it, she just sent snotty emails about how we should have accepted the high price they offered months before. Basically, they ditched us for a bigger job. A company should not offer services when they cannot follow through on it. We tried to find substitute lighting, but had too much going on in the few days before our wedding. But, in speaking with other companies, I can tell you there are many in Cincinnati with real customer service and who will actually care about your event.

2013-04-29T19:39:24 Response from the vendor

We are very sorry that we were not able to provide lighting for your wedding. There is, however another side to the story. We sent you a total of three contracts, each time with a due date for a signature and deposit. All three times... Read Less Read More

Well worth the money

Reviewed on 1/09/2013 Heather K

We used Goodwin Lighting for our reception at the Cincinnati Club. They did an amazing job. The Oak Room at the Cincinnati Club is beautiful already but the lighting really transformed the room and made it feel magical! I even knew what to expect but it still took my breath... Read More away when I walked into the room. One of the clearest memories I have is looking around the room and thinking, "gosh this lighting is so gorgeous!" It definitely gave the room that extra "wow" factor that we couldn't have achieved through any centerpiece. Glen and Vicki were very easy to work with. I had so many questions when deciding what kind of lighting to use and they were always very responsive and helpful. As another reviewer mentioned, once you decide on your patterns Glen and Vicki take care of the rest. It was nice having one less thing to worry about! If you can fit it into your budget, definitely consider lighting through Goodwin Lighting Services. It was worth every penny!

Goodwin Lighting Services - Best in the City

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Kristi H

Very easy to work with, very professional, very well known. I don't know how many times I heard from other vendors, 'Glenn is the best there is when it comes to lighting.' We're very pleased with the product and services provided by this vendor. This is something that I really... Read More did not have to worry about (and, that's a big deal!).

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Trisha H

Easy to work with and they delivered exactly what we wanted. Couldn't have been more pleased.

Unbelievably Beautiful Lighting!

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Megan W

I could not have been happier with the lighting Goodwin provided for my wedding. I was initially hesitant about adding lighting as it represented an additional cost, but in the end it was completely worth it! It transformed the room and highlighted the flowers and unique aspects... Read More in an incredible way. Goodwin worked seamlessly with my florist to create a beautiful reception room - more amazing than I could have imagined! They were extremely responsive and professional - a pleasure to work with throughout!

Reviewed on 7/12/2012 Lauren B

The lighting makes all the difference especially in the Ballroom at the Phoniex. The pin spot lights really made the centerpieces shine. We loved the starry night sky - such an elegant touch!

2012-07-13T12:33:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed working with you and creating the atmosphere you envisioned. Bets of luck to you. Glen

Lit up my reception

Reviewed on 12/19/2011 Allison R

Goodwin did a great job with lighting for my reception. The design on the dance floor was beautiful and the tables were subtly lit to ensure the room wasn't too dark. Easy to work with and very professional.

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Erin R

An absolute must! Their lighting techniques were gorgeous and made our venue a success! Spotlights and wall lighting along with a monogram brought the whole room together. We never looked at any other companies after I saw photographs of their work. We just told them to do... Read More whatever they thought would look good. The result? GORGEOUS!

Beautiful lighting

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Stephanie N

Goodwin Lighting did the lighting for our wedding reception. Everything was absolutely gorgeous! We had pin spotting on all of the tables, as well as blue lighting on the ceiling and part of the walls with stars. It looked like a fairy tale!

Reviewed on 7/03/2011 Lauren W

Reviewed on 6/11/2011 PAULA H

Goodwin lighting hit the mark on transforming the venue into a spectacular space. Very professional and upfront on their services. Their work speaks for itself. By pinspotting the tables and starring the ceiling the entire reception was made magical and saved on floral... Read More arrangements size. Money well spent.

TO Goodwin Lighting Services