Custom Wedding Dresses

LA’s premier designers of luxury, custom wedding gowns. Our bridal gowns are individually made-to-measure, handcrafted with couture details, and custom fitted exclusively by award-winning designer, Loyce Wheatley.

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

5971 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA (323) 525-1945

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Jenn C

Loyce was amazing! She did an amazing job with the alterations on my wedding dress. We had several fittings which turned into pep talks from her! She is the most positive and genuine person I have met in quite some time. I consider myself fortunate for finding her. She was... Read More so accommodating with scheduling and everything was done as promised or early. I couldn't have asked for anything more. She is an absolute professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. Can’t thank her enough for being such an integral part of making my wedding so very memorable.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

Loyce of Grace Bridal Couture is not only a master, but an incredible woman who is so lovely to work with. She did extensive alterations and added several custom elements (including hand stitched lacework, halter straps, and a custom made veil) to my dress and truly transformed... Read More it into my dream dress. It fit like a glove and was absolute PERFECTION! Loyce can be trusted to make excellent design decisions and for her amazing craftsmanship. She is a sweetheart and I had so much fun at my fittings. Those times are now precious memories for me. Thank you Loyce!!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Elise M

Thank you so much to Loyce for giving me the dress of my dreams! Loyce updated the dress that both my grandmother and mother were married in. She kept the integrity of the heirloom, while adding modern touches. She is such a talented designer. I would recommend her to anyone... Read More looking for that perfect dress, or looking to update a family heirloom.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kati C

I went to Grace Bridal Couture in hopes that Loyce could turn my $15 find into a Berta inspired gown. When I initially got the dress it was just an outer shell of lace. What this amazing woman created was nothing short of miraculous! I shared my vision for the dress with her and... Read More together we collaborated to make the dress I was dreaming of/could never afford. Eventually I bought a duplicate to add a train and scalloped edge for the back of my dress. What Loyce really did for me as a bride on a budget was give me lower cost options and the freedom to pick every detail of my dress down to the buttons. Tips I would give to new brides are as follows: - Make sure to book in advance at least a year ahead to make sure you get on her schedule. She's a very busy woman and has people fly in to work with her. Make sure you keep this in mind when booking appointments with her. -Know what you want ahead of time and be clear and concise about the details. -Don't be afraid to speak your mind. Loyce is very honest and will share her opinion with you but if there's something you truly want make sure to tell her. -Lastly, make sure you discuss your budget with her. She is very accommodating and has worked on everything from high end gowns to ultra budget ones alike. When you make the choice to get your dress done here you're not only getting a dream dress but an experience. It's completely natural for any bride to feel overwhelmed and stressed out leading up to her big day, and I was definitely no exception. Loyce and her assistant miss Linda worked with me every step of the way to make sure I was happy with the final product. She is very understanding and offers words of wisdom and kindness. She even pushed back my dress pickup date to accommodate me. My husband and I had the most amazing talks with her, ranging from practical wedding advice to keeping me calm and focusing on the big picture. Dress fittings were in a word magical...I kid you not at one point there were puppies there!! 🐶The only thing I regret is that it had to end. What I got out of this experience was an amazing dress and the wedding of my dreams.💕

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Kiara P

I was lucky enough to be a Grace Bridal Couture bride. I was recommended to Ms. Loyce by a friend of mine and as soon as I walked into her studio I knew she was the one to dress me for my wedding. She is so sweet and nurturing, she really CARES about each of her MANY brides and... Read More provides a pillar of support through what many would describe as a stressful time. I'll say right here that I am a very laid-back person (although I do care about details) and I was determined to be a low-key and "aggressively chill" bride. Once I found Ms. Loyce, I knew I wouldn't have to worry about my dress. I knew it would be beautiful, fit me like a glove and be exactly what I wanted. In true Kiara fashion, I had found a beautiful dress at Out of the Closet for $10 that I loved and thought I'd get it altered and keep as a backup. But after I poured over dresses that I loved online, and visited shops to try on styles, Ms. Loyce and I decided that what I really wanted was that dress, altered, plus some volume! The dress was altered (perfectly) and Ms. Loyce fashioned an incredible fairy princess skirt for me to wear at the wedding (and any other time in my life that I feel like being a princess...) She gathered ideas from my searches and our talks, and then created a skirt more beautiful then I could have imagined that was gorgeous in photos and held up very well while being dragged through the grass all day at our park wedding. I am so pleased with how everything turned out. Something that really stuck with me was Ms. Loyce's patience. She deals with brides every day of her life, on all points of the bride spectrum and she has the knowledge and years of dress making experience, but still continues to remain grounded and supportive of the bride's wishes. For example, through our time, I would have strong opinions or ideas about the sleeves, or the length, or the color (everything, really) and Ms. Loyce would listen, 100% entertain the idea, try it, show me, and then would provide her professional advise which would usually be better in the long run, since, well, this is her specialty. Ms. Loyce was incredibly professional, fair and meticulous while also being the most loving, caring and supportive person I worked with on my wedding. Her "job" is so important to her and she is so personally invested in each of her brides and their special day, that the entire process becomes such a joy. My fitting days were my favorite days! I couldn't recommend Ms. Loyce and Grace Bridal Couture any more to brides who have a dress that needs to be altered, an idea of a dream dress they want to create, or a little of each, like in my case. Thank you Ms. Loyce for making my wedding day shine so brightly!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Laura D

She is as good as it gets. Going to see her will feel like you're going to your best friend's house for a sleepover. I looked forward to all of my fittings with her, and after looking at her schedule, I could not believe how quick she was to respond to every email, text, and... Read More phone call from me. She puts the clients first and knows how to soothe any bridal worry you might face. A former client put it this way: you will have post-Loyce depression after your wedding because you will miss Loyce after it's all over, and I couldn't agree more! Book her now before she fills up her schedule --- this woman is so in demand, people literally fly from all over the world to work with her. That's because no one is as good as she is.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Amaia P

Loyce is unbelievably talented and did an incredible job altering my wedding gown - which was no small feat considering the layers of material! She made it fit perfectly and gave me great tips for how to wear it and what to wear it with. She has years of experience working with... Read More brides, and it shows in the way that she counsels and calms. Plus, she is very fun and my bridesmaids and I had a blast at every fitting. When it came time to pick up my dress and make my payment, I was shocked by how reasonable the final price was. She is that rare combination of an uber-skilled person who genuinely takes care of her clients and doesn't take advantage of a bride in a weak and stressful time. I have recommended her to all my friends and will be going back for other special occasion tailoring in the future. Thank you, Loyce!!!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Jessica L

You can tell by the 5 star rating how talented Loyce is, but I still feel the need to share my experience. I bought a beautiful gown from BHLDN that I fell in love with as soon as I put it on.. but I knew the alterations would be a lot of work. I'm pretty tiny (about 5'1") and... Read More the dress was meant for someone who was closer to 5'10". While it was beautiful, the skirt of the dress looked pretty difficult to alter because of the trim at the bottom and the way the skirt was made of several panels, and I wasn't sure how to even approach it. So I hunted around and decided to give Loyce a call to see if she could help with the dress. Nervous, I went to my first appointment with her and she immediately put me at ease that she had an idea of how to approach it. She ended up taking apart each layer of the skirt to shorten each one, which would make the dress short enough. Additionally, the top of the dress needed a bunch of adjustments because my torso is much shorter, which she was able to do without a problem. She was very accommodating with scheduling.. Between our second-to-last and last appointments, I lost some weight which made the dress that she had pinned and basted for me so well a month before not fit anymore. Thankfully, she's an expert and knew that the dress may need some last minute adjusting, so she hadn't sewn the lace in places where it wouldn't be fixable. She didn't hesitate to add in one more appointment for me to make those last minute changes and make sure I had my perfect dress for my wedding. Aside from her obvious talent, Loyce is also the sweetest and wisest person. I thoroughly enjoyed every session with her and it's easy to tell how much she truly enjoys her job. She is amazing and I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Bonnie H

I inherited my grandmother's wedding gown from 1941 (lots of sleeve...lots of lace) While I can appreciate the magic in a 10 foot train, yards of satin, and a high collar...I am much more relaxed and laid back (as was my wedding) I searched for a long time and compared reviews... Read More before settling on the incomparable Loyce! She turned the dress into something that both honored its history and felt more "me." Aside from her talent, Loyce is the MOST fun. My friend Amy and I spent a lot of time cracking up on Loyce's sofa over the course of the dress's evolution. (Lace-Face is a real thing) If you have a vision and some inspiration and need someone to tell you it can be done (and improve upon your idea) Loyce is the one for you. *Side note: I did keep the train and a bit of lace :)

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Daryn R

5 STARS HANDS DOWN!!! Loyce from Grace Bridal is by far the most amazing alterations lady I have ever worked with. My wedding dress was PERFECT on my wedding day because of her. She made sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it and even the night before I had to leave for... Read More my wedding I needed it taken in more because I lost more weight and she stayed up till midnight making my dress perfect. I could not have been more happy with my decision to go with Loyce for my wedding dress alterations. LOVE HER!~

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Shannie C

I am beyond grateful that I found Loyce at Grace Bridal Couture! I visited what seemed like every bridal salon on both coasts for over a year and could not find a dress that felt like "the one." I found so many dresses where I would like one part, but not another, and I didn't... Read More have the budget to make huge alterations anyway. I finally decided to take a leap of faith and meet with Loyce about a custom dress. I'm so glad I did! Loyce is down-to-earth, fun, one of the most hard working humans I have ever met, and incredibly talented. She will go above and beyond to make sure your dress is perfect. One of my main challenges was that while I knew what I didn't want, I didn't have a dream dress either. Loyce was great at helping me figure out what I wanted, and was very patient and accommodating when I wanted to make changes too! She ended up sewing a lot of my dress by hand, and it really was an amazing, one-of-a-kind, work of art. Thank you so much Loyce!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Vivian C

Superb!!!! Beautifuly designed, well executed gown . Great professionalism !

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 natasha l

Loyce is nothing short of AMAZING. She did an incredible job altering my wedding gown. Loyce took great care and the results were outstanding. She surpassed my every expectation. Loyce is extremely easy to communicate with and has impeccable attention to detail. I highly... Read More recommend her to any bride for alterations or for her equally beautiful custom work.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Adriana F

Loyce is truly a gem and so talented and amazing! The moment I got engaged I knew I was going to contact Grace Bridal Couture to make my custom dream wedding dress. Loyce has been a special part of my family- she designed and made my sister-in-law’s, my sisters’ and my very... Read More own custom wedding dress. All were stunningly beautiful and very meaningful. For both my sister and me, incorporating our mom’s family heirloom dress into our wedding dresses was very important and special as we lost our mother at a very young age due to Cancer. In my Dad’s own words “ Loyce is now the official wedding dress designer of our family”. When I contacted Loyce, I was an ecstatic bride-to-be as I was planning my fairytale destination wedding in Italy. I will never forget her enthusiasm and excitement to design and make my dress and incorporate my mom’s dress into mine as she had with my sister’s wedding dress. She knew that planning a destination wedding was not easy so with no questions asked she graciously accommodated my schedule for all my fittings. Loyce’s commitment and dedication to creating my dream wedding dress was invaluable. She included me throughout the entire design process and her passion and creativity made it so much easier. The process began with her asking me to send her pictures of sample dresses and silhouettes that I liked. She immediately responded and said that she will make my dress how I want. She then recommended a couple of fabric stores for me to go to and choose some fabrics. She gave feedback on the fabric and what would work best. She picked up the fabric from the store herself and once we began the fittings, it was the most enjoyable experience. The end result was amazingly stunning and beautiful!!!! Loyce is such a caring and wonderful person and has become a special family friend. Although she wasn’t able to be there on my wedding day in Italy, Loyce gave me detailed instructions on how to care for my dress and ensure that I walk down the aisle looking exquisite for my soon to be husband. She also gave me great advice on love and life. I can’t thank Loyce enough for her endless love and support and for making me look so beautiful on the most important day of my life!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kaitlin M

Loyce is an amazing designer/creator and collaborator! She has so much experience and patience in listening to exactly what you want, not to mention - she has spectacular taste! She gives great advice and guides you through the whole experience to make sure you will absolutely... Read More LOVE your dress. I was very particular in my vision and knew I wanted to mix a bunch of laces together and she gave me so much time and attention working my design through so that every detail I wanted shined. You definitely want Loyce to make your dress!! On top of all the craziness in planning a wedding, she is just fun to be around and has the best heart.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Teni A

Words cannot describe how incredible Loyce made my bridal dress design process. I first went to several bridal shops to try on dresses and was immediately overwhelmed. Nothing fit well or looked quite right on my body. My mom suggested looking into getting a wedding dress made.... Read More After searching Yelp, Wedding Wire and other sites I came across Grace Bridal Couture. I sent Loyce an email of what I wanted and within a few hours she had replied that she could make it happen. The whole experience was incredible we spent almost 9 months shaping the dress. Loyce was very accommodating with my work schedule and extremely nice about having to change appointments last minute. Going to her shop after work quickly became something that I would look forward to all day. She gave me a few recommendations on where to find fabric and I ended up with the most beautiful beaded lace. The finished product of my dress was absolutely breathtaking and yes I cried. Everyone LOVED my dress and could not stop raving about it. In Nigerian culture brides usually go through 2-3 outfit changes. I was so in love with my dress that I wore it the whole entire day/night!! Thank you so much Loyce!! I look forward to wearing my dress every year on my anniversary or coming back and having Loyce transform it into something else.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Joey T

I wanna say I had the best role as MAN OF HONOR at my friends wedding where Loyce made her look stunning

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Amy S

Loyce was AMAZING! She has such a sweet, caring lady. Loyce has been in the business for a while and it is evident that she really knows her stuff! I purchased a dress from BHLDN (which had some intricate beading) and Loyce knew exactly what to do. She explained all the steps... Read More necessary to alter my dress and, in the end, the dress looked like it was made just for me. A few weeks before my wedding, I decided that I wanted to wear a veil (I had been debating for some time). Loyce was able to handle my last minute request and make me the perfect veil to go with my dress. There are a lot of things that can cause stress when planning a wedding -- having your dress altered is not one of them if you go to Loyce. She makes the entire process so easy. She will spend extra time with you during fittings to make sure you get exactly what you want; she is only happy when you are happy. The worst part about the whole process was when I realized I wouldn't get to see Loyce on a regular basis. I thoroughly enjoyed our fittings and I am so sad they had to end. THANK YOU SO MUCH LOYCE!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Nithya R

Loyce is incredible! She has a vision for each bride and dress and has the adept skill and enthusiasm to bring this vision to life. She is hardworking - willing to take late appointments, drop off dresses, hunt down lace and do whatever else you need to make sure your dress is... Read More ready on time and in style. She even brought in extra help during a particularly busy phase. Her knowledge of alterations and couture is impressive. She broke my dress down to the bones and brought it back together in a way that was even better than the start. She is a perfectionist and scheduled multiple fittings until we got it right. She's a fun conversationalist while you get pinned, prodded and (not) poked. Lastly, she’s a good human - approachable, honest and humorous. You want her on your side as you go through the exciting and intense process of making your dress your dream. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Stephanie M

Loyce was an absolute gem! A complete professional going above and beyond. She created the most beautiful veil from scratch and it was a fairytale vision. The dress felt like it was meant for my body. Thank you Loyce!!! You are the best!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Arielle W

I could not have had a better experience with grace bridal couture. Loyce redesigned my mom's 1980's wedding gown and took it from retro to chic and timeless. She's kind and incredibly prompt and talented. So thankful for her and I could not recommend her more highly!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Becca R

Loyce was the best choice I could have made for gown alterations. It was a pretty tricky alteration with dress I chose - but her unbelievable talent improved the dress in so many different ways. She has such an eye for detail and consideration for what you want for the dress... Read More from every angle. I had so much fun meeting with Loyce each time and would recommend her to any bride looking to have your dress altered or custom made as her work is AS GOOD AS IT GETS.

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Sarah L

I contacted Loyce about 9 months before my wedding as I had a pretty clear picture of what I wanted and couldn't find my dream wedding dress or veil in any bridal boutiques. Loyce took the time to make me feel comfortable and laid out a schedule for fittings and was so... Read More accommodating. I took my Mom to most of my appointments and she explained everything to us throughout the process which really eased my nerves. Loyce made my dream dress come to life and it turned out even better than I imagined. I received so many compliments on my dress and it was surprisingly comfortable, even with a built in corset! Loyce is truly a master of her craft and she would never let any bride leave unsatisfied. She was so much fun to work with and her craftsmanship is nothing short of perfection. If you're interested in a custom wedding dress or veil, I highly recommend Loyce!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

I was never the girl who dreamed of being married or even getting married so when the time came and the question was popped I had no idea what I was doing. My Grandmother told me that I should talk to my Auntie Loyce who owned a company called Grace Bridal Couture. She said that... Read More she could help me with everything. And help me she did! From the moment I called her and asked her to make my dress we were in almost constant contact. She took me to a store in L.A. Called Mood we picked out the fabric and she got to work. We met every two week for fittings and design ideas. She worked night and day to design me a dress that was perfect for a princess. She went above and beyond and created me a dress I couldn't have ever dreamed of if I tried. If you are looking a for dream dress or someone to design the dress right out of your head Grace Bridal Couture is the place for you. I am so blessed to have Grace Bridal Couture design my dress. This is one moment in the life that I will never forget. My Auntie Loyce helped make my wedding a dream come true. I love you Auntie Loyce

Go to Loyce for the best care and alterations of your gown!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Loyce was fantastic from beginning to end. I bought a sample dress and took it in to see what Loyce could do. There were minimal alterations needed and instead of trying to sell me on expensive alterations, Loyce figured out that by adding a few crinolins under the skirt, we... Read More could avoid having to take out and redo the hem all together! Additionally, she made me a gorgeous veil that was the perfect touch to a stunning gown. She has all the best tips for getting your dressed cleaned and traveling with your wedding dress. Loyce took care in every detail so that my dress and I were ready to travel to France on our fabulous day! Could not be happier with her services.