Greate Bay Country Club

Somers Point, NJ

A picturesque setting, an event to remember!

An attentive and smartly-dressed waitstaff, sumptuous food and dramatic views of the manicured golf course combine to make Greate Bay Country Club an exquisite setting for a memorable wedding celebration. For more information, fill out the convenient catering information request form or call.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Tented

901 Mays Landing Rd., Somers Point, NJ

An amazing day at Greate Bay!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Connie L

I was searching for the perfect venue and had it narrowed down to three. Greate Bay was my first choice I took my future husband to go look at the venue and he confirmed this was our place!! Kelsey and Tammy were both incredibly helpful, professional, and accommodating! It was... Read More such a relief to be able to know they both were there to help make our wedding day amazing. We had our ceremony outside and the landscaping was beautiful the sun was setting as we said our Vows, it was picture perfect! So many of our guests asked "how did you find this place, it's gorgeous!" One of the best compliments we received was "the food was so good we felt like we were dining at a nice restaurant". We are very appreciative to the service staff as well. Service was excellent we were well taken care of! They were on top of everything no dirty dishes on the table and no one was ever waiting for a drink! Truly an amazing evening and the best wedding we could of dreamed of!! Thank you! Connie and Brian Gillespie

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Gina C

Greate Bay is absolutely amazing!!!! My husband and I could not have been more impressed. We got married last year on November 8,2014. It was the perfect fall wedding. Greate Bay staff was helpful every step of the way. All my guest Complimented me on how delicious the... Read More appetizers and entrees were. The venue is has been newly renovated and looks incredible. I would HIGHLY recommend Greate Bay for your wedding venue. Gina Perfetti

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Julia P

We were so impressed with Greate Bay! The room looked absolutely gorgeous- the style, coloring, and size met our expectations. The dance floor was so spacious. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. The staff was unbelievable! They were there right away with anything that we... Read More needed, and were excellent with the food and bar service. The guests raved about how delicious the food was. Everyone had nothing but good things to say about the venue in general. I highly recommend Greate Bay to all future brides and grooms ! We would not have changed one thing. This venue made our fall wedding perfect. Julia Perfetti

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Jessica E

Greate Bay Country Club was the perfect venue for our wedding! We held both our ceremony and reception at Greate Bay. The venue is beautiful, the staff amazing, and quality of the food is exceptional. Tammy went above and beyond my my expectations and ensured that our wedding... Read More day was perfect. She answered all of my crazy emails, phone calls, and texts. Greate Bay is an amazing venue and I highly recommend the location.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Dena W

We had our reception here on 7/25/15. We were very pleased with how it turned out. We were able to drop things off Friday night to be set up Saturday. I was nervous that everything would be put out and nicely but it exceeded my expectations. Tammy and her staff did a phenomenal... Read More job with everything. We got so many compliments on the food!!! They even brought us appetizers in the bridal suite when we got there. I highly recommend Greate Bay!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Kara C

a great day at Great Bay!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Barb P

We had the most wonderful wedding at Greate Bay! We got married and sight and had our reception in the Bay room which has a great deck off the room overlooking the gold course. Tammy and Sharon had everything run smoothly, Scotty and Mann were the best servers ever, Maria... Read More decorated our room beautifully and Will the manager fulfilled my every request, including a sunshine filled day! There is no better place to have your weeding!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Enza R

I cannot say enough great things about Greate Bay Country Club. We got married on April 25th 2015. From day number 1 Tammy was by our side and assisted us with anything we needed. We had booked the venue about a year in advanced. During that time they had made a couple changes... Read More in wedding planners/coordinators, but Tammy was always the rock that kept everything together. She was so easy to talk to and made the whole process so much easier and stress free. She was always available for any questions or concerns we had. The venue itself is amazing. Everything was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for things to have gone any better. I had general ideas of how I wanted the venue set up with my decorations but basically told them that I trusted what they would believe would be best. And they definitely did not disappoint. We got numerous compliments from our guests about how great the food was and how amazing the services were from all the staff. I could go on and on about this place and everyone involved. I recommend this place to anyone and everyone I talk to. You will not be disappointed if you book with Greate Bay. Thank you again to Tammy and the rest of the Greate Bay staff!!!

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Sara K

Greate Bay provided me with the wedding of my dreams. We held our ceremony in the garden; our guests all commented on how beautiful the location was. The golf course and gazebo provided the perfect backdrop for family and bridal party photos. There was also a park nearby where... Read More we took sunset photos on the water. Tammy and Kelsey helped to make sure things ran smoothly throughout the entire night. They were very accommodating, and helped to make all of our visions into reality. My husband and I would highly recommend the venue. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding night. Thank you Greate Bay!

august 30 2014

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kimberly M

We had our Wedding Ceremony and Reception at Greate Bay Country Club. It was absolutely perfect! Everything came together without a single problem. The whole staff, especially Tammy, did a wonderful job! She took care of every detail and could not do enough to make my day... Read More special!! I highly recommend this venue for a wedding!

Greate Bay Country Club is truly GREAT!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

My husband and I hosted our daughter's wedding at Greate Bay Country Club in June 2014 - we had about 145 guests - the ceremony was outside followed by cocktail hour and sitdown dinner.My 5 star rating doesn't tell the whole story - from my first visit to the day after the... Read More reception Greate Bay staff had a wonderful mix of professionalism and friendliness. In particular Nicole and Tammy make you feel confident that your preferences are heard and they deliver.Our guests raved about the quality of the food - majority of our guest chose Filet Mignon as theri entree and they were not disappointed with their delicious meal. I actually enjoyed the entire wedding day beecause I knew that Nicole and Tammy had everything under control. Thanks to them we all had a wonderful time.

Choose Greate Bay Country Club!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

I am so glad we chose Greate Bay Country Club for our wedding reception. The setting was lovely! Not only did our guests enjoy a beautiful sunset over the golf course, but also were able to overlook the wetlands and back bays of Ocean City. The food was exceptional- weeks later... Read More and we are still getting compliments from our guests on the seafood bar, hors d' oeuvres, and dinners. All of the servers and bartenders were excellent, attending to all of our and our guests needs throughout the evening. They truly made us feel special! We would especially like to thank Will, the general manager, for making sure our wedding went perfectly. We would highly recommend Greate Bay to anyone looking to have their wedding in the South New Jersey area.

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Fawn S

We got married on September 27, 2014 and had our cocktail hour and reception at Greate Bay. The staff was very friendly, professional and super accommodating to our every need. The venue was beautiful, and in the perfect location for our "beach themed" wedding. Our guests were... Read More blown away by the elegance of Greate Bay along with the superb service. Everyone had a blast and we are still getting comments that it was the BEST WEDDING EVER! Thanks to Greate Bay for making our special day one that we will NEVER forget!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Dayna D

Greate Bay was fabulous!!!!! I would recommend anyone to have to their wedding there. I am super picky and I usually rate most places an 8/10….. this place is an 12/10!!!!!!! The food was fabulous, the staff was great, the wedding planners ( Tammy and Kelsey) were a delight to... Read More work with, and the atmosphere was elegant. I had a beach wedding and they set everything up so perfectly. Everything was so organized and on time. I can honestly say, I had the perfect wedding, all thanks to Greate Bay!!!!!

Have a Greate Wedding

Reviewed on 7/26/2014

Greate Bay was wonderful during the entire wedding process from the first day that we booked the wedding until the day of the wedding. They were very accessible and easy to get in touch with any time I had a question or concern. Their staff was very accommodating and helped to... Read More ensure that every detail was included in our special day. The "Greate Room" was recently redone and very upscale and elegant. After a year and a half of planning, they truly helped me to have my perfect day. They were handicapped accessible and the bridal suite provided a very comfortable place and atmosphere for us to relax and get ready before the actual wedding. We had an outside ceremony and the grounds are nicely landscaped and provide for a beautiful setting to have an outdoor ceremony.

Great team!

Reviewed on 7/13/2014 Weiling L

We felt that everyone was professional, cheerful, and more than willing to help with every aspect of the wedding. We recommend this venue very highly!

Wedding on the Beach

Reviewed on 5/31/2014

We used Greate Bay Country Club for our wedding on May 17. They set up the ceremony on the beach and we had the reception back at the country club. Everything went like clockwork. Nicole was very helpful and took care of everything for us. The wedding site was beautiful and... Read More the food at reception was awesome! We would definitely recommend Greate Bay to anyone looking to get married in the Ocean City area!

Can't beat the food.

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Jodi D

They have such a huge room to use for a rehearsal dinner. Very friendly staff. The food is amazing. Need a 30 person minimum (or a fee applied) but if you have the numbers it's a great price.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Karen D

Best quality for best price. The most helpful wedding coordinator and staff you will ever find.

All you need to "No"

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Bryan S

During the process of vetting an array of different venues for our wedding reception, there was almost one constant- the word “yes”. We quickly learned that the word “yes” would soon be followed by a “but” or a ridiculous pricing matter what the request. It... Read More wasn’t until we toured Greate Bay that we first started hearing the word “no”, and we heard it more times than I can count. What made Greate Bay unique and the word “no” oddly comforting was the follow-up, “problem”. I am not even exaggerating when I say that there was not a single thing that we requested, floated, proposed, needed, etc that wasn’t met with an immediate and sincere response of “no problem”; from the top of the house, down and no “buts” about it. The team at Greate Bay know their business; truly understand the stress that is inherent with a wedding, and make it their job to own a first class experience for you and your guests!

Ragan Wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Kim T

We had an awesome wedding! Beautiful venue, excellent service..We couldn't have asked for a better planner than Nicole! She took care of everything and we really didn't have to worry about anything! Everyone had a great time! We would definitely recommend Greate Bay. Kim and Pat... Read More Ragan 9/6/13

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Claire K

My Husband and I just got married at The Greate Bay Country Club on August 3, 2013. We could not have asked for a better venue and staff. Nicole and Tammy were amazing from day one. They were completely accommodating and made themselves available all through out the planning... Read More and during our celebration. The grounds were beautiful, the food was outstanding, the decorations were exactly how we dreamed, and the wait staff was very friendly. My Husband and myself felt like King and Queen. Our guests are still raving about the venue we chose and we will absolutely NEVER forget it. I would refer this venue to anyone over and over again. If you want your day to go off with out a hitch, have it at Greate Bay!!

Wedding we envisioned!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013

My husband and I were married on Aug 31, 2013 at Greate Bay Country Club and let me just say what a wonderful experience we had! Everything from the weather to the set up to the reception turned out exactly how we had pictured it would and we didnt even have to lift a finger... Read More thanks to Greate Bay's staff. Everyone was extremely welcoming and catered to our and our guests needs, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was all around wonderful! I would absolutely tell anyone and everyone to check this place out! The Greate Bay staff helped make our day absolutely amazing!!

Vintage Wedding

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Jacqueline K

My daughter's wedding was 8/3/13 at Greate Bay Country Club in Somers Point, NJ. The outside grounds were stunning. The ceremony was outside at the gazebo, which is next to a small lake with a fountain. With the added touch of our florist, it was the most beautiful setting... Read More you could hope for. Inside the beautiful country club, we had a cocktail hour with appetizers and open bar. This led up to the reception, which literally took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes. Entering the facility after the valets whisked away your vehicle, brought you into the glass vestibule leading to the grand foyer. Left or right up the stairs takes you to the festivities - the entire second floor. The bride and her entourage felt like princesses in the bridal suite where they all dressed, drank, and noshed on appetizers. They had an amazing time. The reception was unique in that we had no seating chart, the meal was various food stations, and the bar was overflowing with drinks. The main reception hall was 50% French door style windows from floor to ceiling. Our request was to have all curtains pulled aside and it was just beautiful. The food was delicious, the service outstanding. None of this would have been possible without Nicole and Tammy, who very capably and inconspicuously ran the show and gave us the event of a lifetime. Two lovable women who will stop at nothing to give you the wedding of your dreams. I wish I could share the photographer's album with all of you. That would sell you on Greate Bay in a heartbeat! The two families filled up the Residence Inn across the street for the entire weekend, which was hopping from room to room for various parties. Beautiful accommodations that were recommended by GBCC. The day following the wedding, we held a brunch back at GBCC for the bridal party and all guests who spent the night. It was beautifully decorated, the food amazing, and the service was stellar again. Guests and family are still talking about this three day extravaganza! We were crushed when it all ended. Please trust me when I tell you what a perfectionist I am. This was the wedding of my only daughter, so it had to be a literal fairytale for her. This was so much better than Cindarella's story. Five stars just isn't enough. Thank you for the most wonderful memories of our lives!

TO Greate Bay Country Club