Greate Bay Country Club

Somers Point, NJ

A picturesque setting, an event to remember!

An attentive and smartly-dressed waitstaff, sumptuous food and dramatic views of the manicured golf course combine to make Greate Bay Country Club an exquisite setting for a memorable wedding celebration. For more information, fill out the convenient catering information request form or call.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Beach, Country Club, Garden

901 Mays Landing Rd., Somers Point, NJ

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Stephanie Z

Greate Bay is fantastic! Everyone at Great Bay is wonderful. Especially Sharon and Tammy. Even though they deal with hundreds of brides every year, I felt really important and taken care of by them. They listened to what I wanted and worked with me to make it happen! They were... Read More very flexible too, which is really important and made my life a lot easier. I can't recommend this venue enough!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Julia P

We were so impressed with Greate Bay! The room looked absolutely gorgeous- the style, coloring, and size met our expectations. The dance floor was so spacious. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. The staff was unbelievable! They were there right away with anything that we... Read More needed, and were excellent with the food and bar service. The guests raved about how delicious the food was. Everyone had nothing but good things to say about the venue in general. I highly recommend Greate Bay to all future brides and grooms ! We would not have changed one thing. This venue made our fall wedding perfect. Julia Perfetti

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Liza M

My husband's family belongs to Greate Bay Country Club, so it was an easy decision! Despite some windy weather and a last minute switch from outside to inside for the cocktail hour, Tammy from Greate Bay made everything work perfectly. I highly recommend this venue for both your... Read More ceremony and your reception!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Gina C

Greate Bay is absolutely amazing!!!! My husband and I could not have been more impressed. We got married last year on November 8,2014. It was the perfect fall wedding. Greate Bay staff was helpful every step of the way. All my guest Complimented me on how delicious the... Read More appetizers and entrees were. The venue is has been newly renovated and looks incredible. I would HIGHLY recommend Greate Bay for your wedding venue. Gina Perfetti

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Jessica E

Greate Bay Country Club was the perfect venue for our wedding! We held both our ceremony and reception at Greate Bay. The venue is beautiful, the staff amazing, and quality of the food is exceptional. Tammy went above and beyond my my expectations and ensured that our wedding... Read More day was perfect. She answered all of my crazy emails, phone calls, and texts. Greate Bay is an amazing venue and I highly recommend the location.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Dena W

We had our reception here on 7/25/15. We were very pleased with how it turned out. We were able to drop things off Friday night to be set up Saturday. I was nervous that everything would be put out and nicely but it exceeded my expectations. Tammy and her staff did a phenomenal... Read More job with everything. We got so many compliments on the food!!! They even brought us appetizers in the bridal suite when we got there. I highly recommend Greate Bay!

a great day at Great Bay!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Barb P

We had the most wonderful wedding at Greate Bay! We got married and sight and had our reception in the Bay room which has a great deck off the room overlooking the gold course. Tammy and Sharon had everything run smoothly, Scotty and Mann were the best servers ever, Maria... Read More decorated our room beautifully and Will the manager fulfilled my every request, including a sunshine filled day! There is no better place to have your weeding!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Enza R

I cannot say enough great things about Greate Bay Country Club. We got married on April 25th 2015. From day number 1 Tammy was by our side and assisted us with anything we needed. We had booked the venue about a year in advanced. During that time they had made a couple changes... Read More in wedding planners/coordinators, but Tammy was always the rock that kept everything together. She was so easy to talk to and made the whole process so much easier and stress free. She was always available for any questions or concerns we had. The venue itself is amazing. Everything was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for things to have gone any better. I had general ideas of how I wanted the venue set up with my decorations but basically told them that I trusted what they would believe would be best. And they definitely did not disappoint. We got numerous compliments from our guests about how great the food was and how amazing the services were from all the staff. I could go on and on about this place and everyone involved. I recommend this place to anyone and everyone I talk to. You will not be disappointed if you book with Greate Bay. Thank you again to Tammy and the rest of the Greate Bay staff!!!

You won't Be Disappointed!

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 lisa p

After visiting many catering venues in the area, we picked Greate Bay because it was so beautiful, yet affordable. Everyone was so personable and helpfuw from the very start. Tammy and Megan helped us tremendously, as we were dealing with some severe food allergies and also... Read More other dietary restrictions. Tammy stayed very late to help us set up, the night before the event, and she even had someone else come in very early the day of, just to help us decorate more. So we just can't wait to have another happy occasion there!

Great Job at Greate Bay!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Joetta S

I wanted something close to AC that would allow for a good flow for an indoor reception and the option for an outdoor reception. Greate Bay was beautiful, accommodating, & affordable. The chef & events team worked with us to create our dream stations menu (everything from a... Read More whole roasted pig, to a raw bar, to sliders!) The food was great, the service was terrific, and the space fit our needs perfectly.

Greate Service

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Jessica C

After viewing a number of venues, we fell in love with Greate Bay. The outside gazebo is gorgeous for a wedding ceremony. They were willing to ameep our ceremony outside on a chilly November day! The food and service was amazing. All of our guests had their food cooked to... Read More perfection. Kelsey was so accommodating. She was also super helpful, as I was not the most knowledgeable bride! :) We got everything we ever dreamed of at a price we could afford. I cannot say enough great things about Greate Bay.

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Sara K

Greate Bay provided me with the wedding of my dreams. We held our ceremony in the garden; our guests all commented on how beautiful the location was. The golf course and gazebo provided the perfect backdrop for family and bridal party photos. There was also a park nearby where... Read More we took sunset photos on the water. Tammy and Kelsey helped to make sure things ran smoothly throughout the entire night. They were very accommodating, and helped to make all of our visions into reality. My husband and I would highly recommend the venue. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding night. Thank you Greate Bay!

Greate Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 melissa k

My daughter decided to have her wedding close to the beach. After visiting numerous venues, we decided on Greate Bay because it offered an indoor option for her wedding ceremony (just in case her plans for an outdoor ceremony didn't work out). I cannot say enough about how... Read More accommodating the ENTIRE staff at the venue was. From working with us on the menu (we had many people with dietary restrictions), helping us set up decorations, and most importantly - keeping the mother-of-the-bride calm during the day of the wedding. Kelsey, Tammy and Maria are to be commended for their ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure. Not being from the area, we were planning the wedding long distance and were a little nervous about how it would all come together. Everything went so smoothly during my daughter's wedding this past weekend. All the guests commented on how wonderful the food was, how efficient the staff was, and how pretty the grounds were. I don't think we could have asked for a better venue! I would highly recommend Greate Bay!!!

august 30 2014

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kimberly M

We had our Wedding Ceremony and Reception at Greate Bay Country Club. It was absolutely perfect! Everything came together without a single problem. The whole staff, especially Tammy, did a wonderful job! She took care of every detail and could not do enough to make my day... Read More special!! I highly recommend this venue for a wedding!

Greate Bay Country Club is truly GREAT!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

My husband and I hosted our daughter's wedding at Greate Bay Country Club in June 2014 - we had about 145 guests - the ceremony was outside followed by cocktail hour and sitdown dinner.My 5 star rating doesn't tell the whole story - from my first visit to the day after the... Read More reception Greate Bay staff had a wonderful mix of professionalism and friendliness. In particular Nicole and Tammy make you feel confident that your preferences are heard and they deliver.Our guests raved about the quality of the food - majority of our guest chose Filet Mignon as theri entree and they were not disappointed with their delicious meal. I actually enjoyed the entire wedding day beecause I knew that Nicole and Tammy had everything under control. Thanks to them we all had a wonderful time.

My Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Amanda L

We decided to go with Greate Bay after looking at numerous wedding venues in the Southern New Jersey Area. From day one they were always helpful in answering any questions or concerns we had about local vendors and general wedding ideas. I had a beach wedding and they made... Read More it perfect! They allowed me to wait and see about the weather till the day of and everything worked out . Kelsey one of the planners was always willing to make answer via email and phone and did a great job setting up. They even added some extra decorations of theirs to make everyhting go together and look grand. Tammy and the wait staff were amazing and made me feel like a princess on my special day and I never had to ask for a thing. The best part was that I didn't have to worry about anything the day of. Tammy and Kelsey worked with the vendors and all I had to do was show up. They also were willing to work with your budget. Getting married is never cheap, but if we needed to cut they would have worked with you to make it happen. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding and it would not have worked out without Greate Bay!

An amazing day at Greate Bay!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Connie L

I was searching for the perfect venue and had it narrowed down to three. Greate Bay was my first choice I took my future husband to go look at the venue and he confirmed this was our place!! Kelsey and Tammy were both incredibly helpful, professional, and accommodating! It was... Read More such a relief to be able to know they both were there to help make our wedding day amazing. We had our ceremony outside and the landscaping was beautiful the sun was setting as we said our Vows, it was picture perfect! So many of our guests asked "how did you find this place, it's gorgeous!" One of the best compliments we received was "the food was so good we felt like we were dining at a nice restaurant". We are very appreciative to the service staff as well. Service was excellent we were well taken care of! They were on top of everything no dirty dishes on the table and no one was ever waiting for a drink! Truly an amazing evening and the best wedding we could of dreamed of!! Thank you! Connie and Brian Gillespie

Choose Greate Bay Country Club!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

I am so glad we chose Greate Bay Country Club for our wedding reception. The setting was lovely! Not only did our guests enjoy a beautiful sunset over the golf course, but also were able to overlook the wetlands and back bays of Ocean City. The food was exceptional- weeks later... Read More and we are still getting compliments from our guests on the seafood bar, hors d' oeuvres, and dinners. All of the servers and bartenders were excellent, attending to all of our and our guests needs throughout the evening. They truly made us feel special! We would especially like to thank Will, the general manager, for making sure our wedding went perfectly. We would highly recommend Greate Bay to anyone looking to have their wedding in the South New Jersey area.

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Fawn S

We got married on September 27, 2014 and had our cocktail hour and reception at Greate Bay. The staff was very friendly, professional and super accommodating to our every need. The venue was beautiful, and in the perfect location for our "beach themed" wedding. Our guests were... Read More blown away by the elegance of Greate Bay along with the superb service. Everyone had a blast and we are still getting comments that it was the BEST WEDDING EVER! Thanks to Greate Bay for making our special day one that we will NEVER forget!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Jessica W

After visiting numerous wedding venues we came across Greate Bay Country Club, and when we visited for the first time we immediately knew it was our winner! From our first meeting to the post-wedding visit Greate Bay went above and beyond to insure that our wedding was... Read More everything we had imagined it to be. Our rehearsal was held the night prior in their downstairs dining room. The food and drinks were great, presentation was superb, and they even went as far as setting the room with our wedding colors! The day of our wedding Kelsey and Tammy were there from start to finish to make sure everything was going according to plan. Our ceremony was held outside by the lake, and our cocktail hour on the patio. Everything was decorated and set up beautifully. Our reception was incredible. They took our vision and made it a reality. The food was incredible... we are still receiving compliments on how great it was! People have noted that this was the best wedding they have ever been to from start to finish. I cannot say enough about this place and Kelsey and Tammy. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have the perfect dream wedding!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Dayna D

Greate Bay was fabulous!!!!! I would recommend anyone to have to their wedding there. I am super picky and I usually rate most places an 8/10….. this place is an 12/10!!!!!!! The food was fabulous, the staff was great, the wedding planners ( Tammy and Kelsey) were a delight to... Read More work with, and the atmosphere was elegant. I had a beach wedding and they set everything up so perfectly. Everything was so organized and on time. I can honestly say, I had the perfect wedding, all thanks to Greate Bay!!!!!

Have a Greate Wedding

Reviewed on 7/26/2014

Greate Bay was wonderful during the entire wedding process from the first day that we booked the wedding until the day of the wedding. They were very accessible and easy to get in touch with any time I had a question or concern. Their staff was very accommodating and helped to... Read More ensure that every detail was included in our special day. The "Greate Room" was recently redone and very upscale and elegant. After a year and a half of planning, they truly helped me to have my perfect day. They were handicapped accessible and the bridal suite provided a very comfortable place and atmosphere for us to relax and get ready before the actual wedding. We had an outside ceremony and the grounds are nicely landscaped and provide for a beautiful setting to have an outdoor ceremony.

Great team!

Reviewed on 7/13/2014 Weiling L

We felt that everyone was professional, cheerful, and more than willing to help with every aspect of the wedding. We recommend this venue very highly!

Wedding on the Beach

Reviewed on 5/31/2014

We used Greate Bay Country Club for our wedding on May 17. They set up the ceremony on the beach and we had the reception back at the country club. Everything went like clockwork. Nicole was very helpful and took care of everything for us. The wedding site was beautiful and... Read More the food at reception was awesome! We would definitely recommend Greate Bay to anyone looking to get married in the Ocean City area!