Greate Bay Country Club

Ballroom, Beach, Country Club, Garden

Bow2007

901 Mays Landing Rd., Somers Point, NJ

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Stephanie Z

Greate Bay is fantastic! Everyone at Great Bay is wonderful. Especially Sharon and Tammy. Even though they deal with hundreds of brides every year, I felt really important and taken care of by them. They listened to what I wanted and worked with me to make it happen! They were... Read More very flexible too, which is really important and made my life a lot easier. I can't recommend this venue enough!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Julia P

We were so impressed with Greate Bay! The room looked absolutely gorgeous- the style, coloring, and size met our expectations. The dance floor was so spacious. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. The staff was unbelievable! They were there right away with anything that we... Read More needed, and were excellent with the food and bar service. The guests raved about how delicious the food was. Everyone had nothing but good things to say about the venue in general. I highly recommend Greate Bay to all future brides and grooms ! We would not have changed one thing. This venue made our fall wedding perfect. Julia Perfetti

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Sean B

Greate Bay Country Club was perfect for our big day. We had a beach ceremony and then returned to Greate Bay for the reception. Sharon and Tammy did a fantastic job of getting everything set up and making the transition easy and worry free. They worked with our musician to... Read More get him set up on the beach in close proximity to an outlet so they could run extension cords to their equipment. Sharon was always easy to get a hold of and was able to answer all questions in a timely fashion. Our photographer and florist really enjoyed working with such a great venue. Sharon and Tammy left us worry free and allowed us to sit back, relax, and enjoy our big day! The Country Club is beautiful and has a great flow to it for weddings. Two days prior to the wedding Greate Bay allowed a large group of the play a discounted round of golf. We were put in a shotgun start with the members who were more than accommodating and friendly. The day of the wedding the guys got ready in the locker room. The bartender in the restaurant and the members hanging out were all extremely friendly and made us feel at home. I would highly recommend Greate Bay to anyone getting married down in the area.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

My wedding was October 22, 2016 and the memories we made there thanks to Greate Bay Country Club's professional and attentive staff, great food and beautifully and exquisitely decorated room with be with us forever. Everyone--family, friends and others---commented on how... Read More good everything tasted and plentiful, and the beautiful and colorful surroundings that enhanced their enjoyment and ours. They catered to our every need. We would recommend them for any occasion. Our wedding was in the Bay Room with a deck outside for smoking guests or those who just need a breath of fresh air. The Bridal Suite gave the Bridal party a chance to freshen up and gain some privacy before entering the reception room. Do yourself a favor and save a lot of time by stopping by and speaking with Sharon, the Catering Director, who will patiently and thoroughly explain all the options available and provide you with handouts including packages available, which can include wedding cake and champagne toast options and anything else your heart desires from brunch to a formal dinner and more. Of course the beautiful golf course and grounds which include a gazebo, is the perfect backdrop for your outdoor pictures. Thank you Greate Bay for making our wedding memorable from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie D

We had our wedding on 10/08/16 ... yes in the middle of Hurricane Matthew! The food... amazing! The Drinks... Amazing! The wait staff and the bartenders... amazing!! I can't begin to tell you how great of an experience we had a Greate Bay Country Club. Tammy is unbelievable... Read More and Colleen our main server was there with a drink every time we turned around. The GM, Ron is a people's person and makes you feel at home. I can't wait to make GBCC a yearly tradition on our anniversary. Just thinking about the day makes me want to happen over and over again!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie D

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Elisa P

Amazing Venue! We recently had our wedding and reception at the Greate Bay Country Club on September 24, 2016. The venue was absolutely beautiful. The staff was professional, friendly, patient and accommodating to all of my requests. Sharon went above and beyond in making... Read More sure that everything during the planning process and on the day of the event was taken care of. In addition, both Tammy and Anita did an excellent job taking care of our guests - they were always accessible, friendly and courteous. The food was delicious and the bridal suite was top-notch and beautiful. The details of the venue really portrayed the elegance of how special this day was to us. I would highly recommend the Greate Bay Country Club! We love it there.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Susan H

Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 2:57 PM To: Sharon Ireland Subject: Heenan/Spino 10/14 Sharon, John and I would like to thank you and the staff of Greate Bay for a beautiful wedding experience. Casey said it was the wedding of her dreams! Joe said it was better than it ever... Read More imagined. They were thrilled beyond words. We have received many compliments stating that the food was delicious, both the cocktail and dinner. Your staff was top notched. Their service was perfect. Everyone was impressed from the moment they arrived with the promptness and the flow of the entire day! Tammy does her job efficiently with a gracious touch. She is wonderful. There wasn't one thing we would have changed. Your welcoming personality and efficiency put us at ease since our first visit. Thank you. Susan Heenan

Reviewed on 8/27/2016

We were so impressed with Greate Bay! We got married on May 28th, 2016 and it was a GREATE DAY! Sharon was accommodating since the beginning and tailored our wedding to what we wanted! She continued to be helpful up until the day before the wedding! On the day of, it was... Read More just beautiful!! The room just sparkled! The guest still rave about the food, it was just incredible! Everything, from the appetizers to the dinner to the dessert! The bartenders were phenomenal! They did not stiff our guests on the pour! All staff members were very attentive and helpful! We just cannot say enough!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Samantha W

The food was good and the grounds were pretty But there were a lot of problems with the wedding director, organization and scheduling . lucky we had a amazing day due to weather and our family .08/02/16

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Jessica C

Greate Bay worked hard to make our wedding day everything we ever imagined it would be! Sharon met with us several times to discuss all of the important details and worked with us to meet all of our needs within our desired budget. Tammy ensured that all of the decorative... Read More elements we wanted were met and our wedding turned out to be absolutely beautiful. We were so pleased with our experience from start to finish and wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Tasheema B

Great wedding venue! My wedding day there was perfect and my guest raved about the food. Sharon was very helpful!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Cassidy R

Greate Bay was wonderful. The accommodated me from the very beginning. I had a small wedding but they still made be feel special and important the whole way. Tammy and Sharon are truly wonderful! Food was great and service was awesome. We had both our ceremony and reception... Read More there and they did a great job with both.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kristen P

We had a beach ceremony and small reception in June 2016. We worked with Sharon. Everything from the ceremony to the reception was absolutely PERFECT! The food was delicious!! Our family and friends also agreed. The Bay Room was beautiful. Our guests loved the outside deck.... Read More Sharon made sure everything ran smoothly. I was never stressed out once during the planning process. The staff took great care of us all night long. I would highly recommend Greate Bay!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Kayla A

Greate Bay is amazing!!!! Sharon and Tammy are the best at what they do. They were so accommodating with everything. I asked last minute if we could hold the rehearsal dinner at Greate Bay and Sharon was on it and set up a wonderful menu to accommodate my family and friends.... Read More The ballroom is very spacious and can hold a lot of people without feeling cramped or over crowded. The decor was beautiful and the bridal suite was perfect for me and my two bridesmaids. The wedding was June 3, 2016 and the flowers outside were beautiful. Highly recommended.

Best Party Ever!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Liza M

The goal of our wedding was to throw the best party ever (celebrating our union, of course). Greate Bay was by far the best decision we could have made for our ceremony and reception! Nearly every guest we spoke with after the wedding commented on how it was the most fun they... Read More have ever had at a wedding! I highly suggest you use Greate Bay if you are considering the South Jersey area for your wedding!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Liza M

My husband's family belongs to Greate Bay Country Club, so it was an easy decision! Despite some windy weather and a last minute switch from outside to inside for the cocktail hour, Tammy from Greate Bay made everything work perfectly. I highly recommend this venue for both your... Read More ceremony and your reception!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Gina C

Greate Bay is absolutely amazing!!!! My husband and I could not have been more impressed. We got married last year on November 8,2014. It was the perfect fall wedding. Greate Bay staff was helpful every step of the way. All my guest Complimented me on how delicious the... Read More appetizers and entrees were. The venue is has been newly renovated and looks incredible. I would HIGHLY recommend Greate Bay for your wedding venue. Gina Perfetti

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Jessica E

Greate Bay Country Club was the perfect venue for our wedding! We held both our ceremony and reception at Greate Bay. The venue is beautiful, the staff amazing, and quality of the food is exceptional. Tammy went above and beyond my my expectations and ensured that our wedding... Read More day was perfect. She answered all of my crazy emails, phone calls, and texts. Greate Bay is an amazing venue and I highly recommend the location.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Dena W

We had our reception here on 7/25/15. We were very pleased with how it turned out. We were able to drop things off Friday night to be set up Saturday. I was nervous that everything would be put out and nicely but it exceeded my expectations. Tammy and her staff did a phenomenal... Read More job with everything. We got so many compliments on the food!!! They even brought us appetizers in the bridal suite when we got there. I highly recommend Greate Bay!

a great day at Great Bay!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Barb P

We had the most wonderful wedding at Greate Bay! We got married and sight and had our reception in the Bay room which has a great deck off the room overlooking the gold course. Tammy and Sharon had everything run smoothly, Scotty and Mann were the best servers ever, Maria... Read More decorated our room beautifully and Will the manager fulfilled my every request, including a sunshine filled day! There is no better place to have your weeding!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Enza R

I cannot say enough great things about Greate Bay Country Club. We got married on April 25th 2015. From day number 1 Tammy was by our side and assisted us with anything we needed. We had booked the venue about a year in advanced. During that time they had made a couple changes... Read More in wedding planners/coordinators, but Tammy was always the rock that kept everything together. She was so easy to talk to and made the whole process so much easier and stress free. She was always available for any questions or concerns we had. The venue itself is amazing. Everything was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for things to have gone any better. I had general ideas of how I wanted the venue set up with my decorations but basically told them that I trusted what they would believe would be best. And they definitely did not disappoint. We got numerous compliments from our guests about how great the food was and how amazing the services were from all the staff. I could go on and on about this place and everyone involved. I recommend this place to anyone and everyone I talk to. You will not be disappointed if you book with Greate Bay. Thank you again to Tammy and the rest of the Greate Bay staff!!!

You won't Be Disappointed!

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 lisa p

After visiting many catering venues in the area, we picked Greate Bay because it was so beautiful, yet affordable. Everyone was so personable and helpfuw from the very start. Tammy and Megan helped us tremendously, as we were dealing with some severe food allergies and also... Read More other dietary restrictions. Tammy stayed very late to help us set up, the night before the event, and she even had someone else come in very early the day of, just to help us decorate more. So we just can't wait to have another happy occasion there!

Great Job at Greate Bay!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Joetta S

I wanted something close to AC that would allow for a good flow for an indoor reception and the option for an outdoor reception. Greate Bay was beautiful, accommodating, & affordable. The chef & events team worked with us to create our dream stations menu (everything from a... Read More whole roasted pig, to a raw bar, to sliders!) The food was great, the service was terrific, and the space fit our needs perfectly.

Start a Conversation!