Greenbelt DJ Productions

(174)

Austin, TX

Greenbelt DJ Productions

Greenbelt DJ Productions - named after Austin's gorgeous Barton Creek Greenbelt - has a great reputation for mixing live and providing professional MC services at weddings. - DJ Joel Giorgio

$$

Specialty

Big Band/Swing, Classical, Country/Folk, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Other Specialty, R&B, Top 40/Pop, Variety

Type

Alternative Entertainment, Ceremony Music, Disc Jockey

11511 Mayo Street, Austin, TX

BEST DJ EVER!!!!

9/08/2012 Jennifer H

Joel was amazing!!! He made the music choice process so easy! All my guests have told me how awesome our DJ was and how much they enjoyed the music!! There wasn't a single person at my wedding who didn't hit the dance floor! Granted our families are quite chaotic, but even the grandparents were getting down! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ and HIGHLY recommend Joel!!!!

Passionate and professional

9/01/2012 Stephanie H

We were fortunate to work with DJ Erik at Greenbelt for our wedding on September 1. Even though we booked months and months in advance, we were just barely able to secure a DJ for our date. You have been warned: their availability seems to fill up quick, but I can see why. Erik was so excited about our playlist and his work. He ensured that the music sounded great all evening. I highly recommend Erik and Greenbelt DJ for the hard work and energy they added to our wedding.

Anthony with Greenbelt DJ Productions

10/21/2011 Sophie S

Working with Anthony from Greenbelt DJ Productions was such a pleasure! He was professional, friendly, and a great DJ. We wanted the music at our wedding to be a reflection of our tastes but we also wanted to please the crowd and keep people dancing, and Anthony was great at finding the perfect balance. Between Anthony's suggestions and picks and the songs we selected through Greenbelt DJ Production's online music catalogue/planning site we had great music from the beginning of the ceremony to the end of the reception and heard compliments about the music all night. The mix at dinner really reflected our taste and after dinner the dance floor was never empty! Anthony had our guests dancing their hearts out and those who weren't dancing had a great time watching. We had Anthony provide the ceremony music as well as the reception music and he did a great job of timing the songs to each section of the processional. We had specific songs we wanted played for the processional and Anthony was able to quickly get all of the songs we needed. Anthony also handled the role of MC perfectly. His announcements were clear and helpful in letting guests know what was going on and where they needed to be but never over the top or distracting in any way. It was great to know that Anthony was keeping the night on schedule so I didn't have to worry about it! He also provided a wireless mic for toasts which allowed everyone to hear the speeches clearly. I was really impressed with the professionalism of Greenbelt DJ Productions. When we booked them it was great to know we were getting the whole package-- the great sound equipment, lighting, wireless mic for the toasts, and all the planning and timeline coordination--included in the price. I knew we were in good hands from the initial meeting all the way through the wedding. And while Anthony is an expert at what he does and I'm sure he could DJ a wedding with little to no help from clients, he made sure to really listen and give us a wedding that felt like us. We really appreciated that! Anthony responded very quickly to all emails and phone calls and was always professional, helpful, and friendly. He made sure to give us plenty of meeting and planning time and was 100% prepared for our event. Music is so important in setting the mood at events and Anthony did a great job! I definitely recommend Anthony and Greenbelt DJ Productions.

Wedding 2/22/15

2/22/2015 Laura N

Greenbelt DJ was recommended to us from a co-worker that had just gotten married. Numerous coworkers would not stop talking about how much fun they had dancing at their wedding that we decided to choose them too. Just like any wedding, things never go as planned. We had some members of the wedding party that could not make it and of course mother nature just did not want to cooperate. At the last minute Anthony was able to work with moving the ceremony from outside to inside without hesitancy. A lot of things were different then we had planned due to the weather. With the excitement and nerves of walking down the aisle I almost forgot that I had picked a different song to walk down to. Thankfully Anthony prompted me from across the room to wait until he changed the song! The music selection was great! Initially we met with Anthony to discuss what type of music we liked and did not like, but did not feel pressured to make the entire music list for the evening. I myself am in school full-time and could not handle the stress of figuring out what music to play. All throughout the night the music selection was amazing and he worked to keep all the events on schedule. Even when the dance floor was packed he did a great transition in the music to make the timing appropriate for the cake cutting, more like cake smashing :) I have heard from many married couples that if there was something that they wished they could have changed about their wedding it would be their DJ, but not us. Greenbelt DJ is amazing and well worth it! My engaged friends even got Greenbelt's business card at our wedding and have put down the deposit to have Greenbelt DJ at their wedding next spring!!!

Want a dance party? Hire Greenbelt DJ!

11/22/2014 Kaileen G

If you have the opportunity to hire Greenbelt DJ for your wedding, do it! We loved working with Joel Giorgio (the owner) for many reasons. He came to us highly recommended by friends and our wedding planners. On our first consultation he was extremely professional and took the lead in explaining what we could expect. We were thinking about hiring a string quartet, but were so excited about Joel that we decided to keep things consistent and have him play the music for our ceremony too. During the planning progress we exchanged emails about the type of music we wanted throughout our wedding day — he was quick to respond to my questions and very helpful in giving feedback! We had terrible weather on our wedding day (thunderstorms and rain so bad our venue flooded in certain areas) but Joel kept the party going. We received so many compliments from our guests about our DJ… and you will too if you hire him!!

Must ask for Joel !!!!

12/27/2014 Heather F

DJ Joel was a blast!! He is a very sweet person who clearly loves what he is doing! He has a ton of great suggestions and was patient with me when we met to put together the final list. During the day of the wedding he was open to suggestions and even worked on making sure that I knew all of my timing! :) He did an AWESOME job keeping everyone out on the dance floor (which had been a worry of mine). He also did all of my ceremony music and his transitioning from one part of the venue to the next was seamless! Don't even worry about booking someone separate! :) Also, Joel and I had talked about how he would introduce certain things or strategically get my shy husband to get out of his shell - all of which he did so smoothly! I would highly recommend Joel to any of my friends and I thank him for making this day so perfect! You are kidding yourself if you think that booking a DJ should have little thought... it can really make or break your wedding! Thank you Joel! :)

Gorgeous Up-lighting!

12/12/2014 Sandra D

We actually only used Greenbelt for uplighting at our venue, being that we already had a different DJ booked. Joel was always very quick to respond, helpful in deciding what lighting options would be best, and on the day of, the lighting was absolutely perfect and beautiful! Thanks Joel!

Wide variety of music

11/25/2014

Dancing music is best.

Best Wedding DJ!

11/01/2014 Kristen B

We had Erik from Greenbelt DJ Productions DJ at our wedding. I met with Erik about a week and a half before our big day and knew the minute I sat down with him that we made a great choice. Erik is SO very passionate and really loves what he does. The most important thing to us was having a good mix of music that our guests of all ages could dance to and enjoy. Erik did an incredible job of mixing music from all sorts of genres seamlessly all night. I cannot recommend Erik and Greenbelt DJ enough!

Best DJ in Austin!

10/17/2014 Melisa D

We are extremely happy with the way Anthony took care of everything for our wedding. He was very professional and incorporated all of our music requests perfectly. He met with us to make sure we were all on the same page and took our stack of CDs to mix into our wedding. Everyone was dancing all the way into the night and again we couldn't be happier with Anthony and Green Belt DJ.

Wonderful to work with!!

10/18/2014 Erin P

We used Greenbelt DJ for our wedding after referred by our wedding coordinator and they were awesome. We used Anthony and we played all our favorite music!! He did an amazing job and would recommend him to anyone!

Kept us dancing

10/04/2014 Lauren G

It was a pleasure working with DJ Anthony. He was organized, professional, and had the guests dancing all night. We also used uplighting which added a great ambiance for the dinner portion of the evening. Thank you for help making a big day wonderful!

Hire These Guys!

8/23/2014 Noemi M

We are 100% satisfied with our experience with Greenbelt DJ Productions, and specifically, DJ Erik. Our initial inquiry was met with a quick, professional, informative response from Joel, the owner. DJ Erik himself was very professional, personable (we shared a lot of similar interests, which helped us "click"), and experienced. He brought backups of EVERYTHING, and while he didn't need any of his backups, that level of preparedness gave us piece of mind and let us worry about the hundred other things that were going on. We had our guests suggest a song when they RSVP'd, and DJ Erik was able to play most, if not all, of them throughout the night. Our dance floor was busy the entire evening, and everyone had a blast and tells us how much they enjoyed our DJ. Hire him; you won't regret it.

Wonderful Part of the Flow

8/10/2015

I really liked Anthony as my DJ. I was not interested in somebody who would draw all the attention to himself and be a distraction. He was exactly what I wanted. Humble, confident, competent, and fun. I looked over during the wedding and saw him happily singing the songs to himself while he bopped up and down. Not for show, but because he genuinely enjoys his job. Their website states that the wedding day should be about the bride, and not the DJ. That attracted me to check out their services, and boy did they deliver on this. There was no hidden insecurity that drove him to be the center in order to make himself feel better. No, just having fun, doing his job, and being reliable and able to follow through on specific requests. He did a great job of doing all the announcements without being obnoxious. He was a wonderful part of the flow without sticking out.

BEST DJ EVER!

5/24/2014 Jessica M

Joel was our DJ and we can’t get over how great it was working with him throughout the entire wedding planning process. He responded timely to all questions and emails, and even from the first conversation we could tell that he truly loves what he does. Joel kept the party going throughout our wedding reception. I was impressed with how Joel could read the crowd and always knew the right song to put on next. I’ve never danced so much in my life, and my husband and I truly had the best night of our life. We received so many compliments on how great our DJ was, and we couldn’t have agreed more! Thank you Joel for such an amazing wedding experience!

DJ Erik is awesome!!!

5/17/2014 Berkley J

Erik was the DJ for our wedding this last May, and we would very highly recommend him to anyone!!! Throughout the whole process he was very professional, yet still a guy that you feel like you could have a beer with. Also, the owner Joel was the quickest responding vendor that I worked with, which made the contract process easy on my part. The website that Greenbelt has is super easy to use and I found that I had a list of our favorite dance songs built up in one evening. I was short on time and needed help with songs for cocktail hour, dinner, etc. and Erik just took the theme we wanted and ran with it and it was perfect! He came super prepared, and was very accommodating to EVERY special request that I came up with from start to finish. He took care of all the little details like dance floor lighting, outside speakers/mics, etc, and set it up perfectly without me having to give any input (I’m super picky, so that's saying something) When it came time for the dance, he kept the dance floor full all night long. I have had so many comments from our guests since then that it was the most fun wedding they’ve ever been to, and I think that’s in large part due to Erik. He really knows how to read the crowd, and played a perfect mix that made everyone happy, without having to resort to the YMCA to get people to dance… I spoke with a lot of companies before deciding on Greenbelt, and I am so incredibly happy they were a part of our wedding!!

Erik kept the dance floor moving!!

8/03/2013 Abby M

Erik from Greenbelt DJ's kept the dance floor moving all night long for our Wedding. He had the timing down pat for all of the official items (aisle music, entrance, first dance etc) but he really showed off his skills when the dancing started. Matt and I had a few must have songs, and a few "No way" songs, but otherwise he had the freedom to work the crowd, take requests and do what he needed to do to keep the party going. Erik joked after that this might have been the first wedding he DJ'd where he played both LCD Sound System and Bone Thugs and Harmony. Greenbelt has a great planning website for you to put in your requests and find songs, and they will download whatever you need, whether it is a different version of a song or a new song all together. I highly recommend their services.

Above the Best

7/06/2014 Erin E

It was three hours into the reception and people were still dancing. Hard. Although it was close to midnight (and everyone should have been burned out), you couldn't get our guests to sit down. We booked Greenbelt DJs for our wedding and couldn't be happier with our decision. Anthony was our DJ. We began interacting with him months before the wedding. We exchanged emails to coordinate the time and date for the ceremony, but for the details, we set up a Facetime conference since both my wife and I were living out of state. I was nervous, not sitting down with our DJ face to face. I quickly learned, however, that I needn't be. During the conference call, we discussed the schedule for the reception and music preferences. Of course, this was our first time planning a wedding. Consequently, we had a bunch of questions. Anthony immediately showed that he was a professional and had loads of wedding experience as he calmly offered us advice based on what he's seen. He wasn't pushy and made it clear that this was our reception, but when we asked for recommendations, he gave them. Choosing music was fun. Anthony went through a number of genres and songs in order to figure out what kinds of tracks we would like played; his "left and right limit," if you will. We gave him a couple of "must plays," but chose to rely on his expertise when it came to the majority of the evening. We didn't want to give him so many "must play" songs that he wasn't able to judge what to play based on what he saw throughout the night. We weren't disappointed at all. Anthony chose the perfect music to play at the perfect time. He began with some older dance classics for the elder generations at the wedding and very carefully transitioned into some more modern music. He blended together several different genres as we had people from across the country there. The slower songs were mixed well into the faster songs. I heard many people saying, "this is the best wedding ever!" as the evening came to a close. I have no doubt that it was because of the mood and energy that Anthony created with the music he chose to play. Of course, as the groom, I was free to request whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. He even found and played some of our more obscure song choices. When you're preparing for a wedding, the details you have to plan add up. Flowers, the ceremony, colors, photography, the menu, the schedule, the rehearsal dinner, welcome bags, the cake, the groom's cake, etc. A good DJ makes things easier by helping you with some of these details easing your mind that the "party" part of the evening will be handled by en expert with lots of experience. A bad DJ will make you worry about song choices and how he will handle the role of MC. On a scale of horrible to excellent, Greenbelt DJs was amazing.

Erik was the hit of the reception!

6/21/2014 Sabrina S

All of our guests were crazy about the music that Erik played at our reception at the Driskill Hotel. When we met with him to talk about our songs, he loved the initial list we had come up with using their online planning service and said it would be great to just work from that. And that he did! He played a great mix of so many different types of music that was beyond perfect for our crowd. He was such an outgoing and upbeat person that it was a joy and a pleasure to be around him. I would recommend him 100% to anyone needed a DJ, even if not for a wedding!

EPIC

6/14/2014 alyssa m

My husband and I are so glad we chose Greenbelt DJ for our wedding. It was absolutely amazing, and it was one less thing we had to worry about. He was very responsible and responsive to any of our inquiries. He made our dance floor one big party. It was everything we envisioned it to be, and every single song we requested was played. Highly recommended!!

Best DJ Around!

5/26/2014 Madhavi K

We used Joel Giorgio for our wedding and couldn't be more happy with our decision. We had a traditional Indian wedding, and Joel went out of his way to learn all the music and mix it in a way that had the Indians and Non-Indians alike dancing like crazy all night. He was fabulous, and we're still receiving lots of compliments on our DJ.

All around great

5/23/2014 Ana A

We had Anthony as the DJ for our wedding, and it was such a fun night! First, he is very professional and made planning a breeze. I especially loved Greenbelt's online planning portal. It made picking songs quick and easy! It also made me feel comfortable knowing that they are very organized and were going to play the right song at the right time. They had such a variety of music to choose from, and I even got a lot of Spanish music selected for my family. Overall, we all had a great time dancing.. we even got older family members on the dance floor who never dance! Thank you Anthony! It was perfect!

Simply Amazing!

4/18/2014 Caitlyn W

Speaking from past experience (friends' weddings), hiring a bad DJ can ruin a wedding and leave a lasting impression. This was definitely NOT the case with our wedding because we hired Greenbelt DJ. Hiring Anthony was one of the smartest decisions I made during my planning process. Having a degree in Music, I can be a bit hard to please, but Anthony really knows his stuff. He is a professional DJ. Not someone who just pushes "next" until the night is over. He really listened to our likes and dislikes and the flow was perfect. He kept people dancing the whole night and only spoke during key times (again - I've been to weddings where that was NOT the case. A DJ shouldn't love the sound of their own voice more than the music) and when he did it was nothing but professional and fun. And the added bonus of the AMAZING picture he took during the ceremony was just icing on the cake. I keep getting compliments on it! Thank you thank you thank you!

Joel is fantastic

4/05/2014 Wendy R

Joel at Greenbelt was great! He even introduced me to some new music that I love. He does well at reading a crowd and getting folks out on the dance floor. Highly recommended.

Chose The Best!

3/29/2014 Carol P

Joel, just reliving some of Jenna and Joey's wedding as I watch some video my brother in law shot. I was reminded how effortlessly and masterfully you performed your duties as DJ. But might I add, that you also could be called, Master of Ceremonies and Wedding Coordinator. I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the wedding but wanted you to know that we have exclaimed to many, what a fabulous contribution you were to J&J's wedding and it wouldn't have gone so smoothly orchestrated without you! From the serene musical beginning as people arrived, to the introductions throughout, and the perfectly timed selection of traditional, funny, and funky music ...everything was the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this special day in our family better than we could have imagined!

Send Email