Book Your Wedding with Greystone Weddings

A BALLROOM IN TRAVERSE CITY, MI

Situated in Traverse City, Michigan, Greystone Mansion is an excellent venue for engaged couples looking for both indoor and outdoor spaces to celebrate their nuptials. It is close to freshwater beaches and picturesque vineyards for stunning photographs taken near the property. Of course, there are opportunities for pictures in the garden as well. Each couple is paired with a coordinator to bring the vision of the bride and groom to life for their ceremony and reception.

Indoor Chapel. For couples who prefer more of a traditional wedding, the facility has an indoor chapel with enough pews for 130 of your closest friends and family members. The stained glass windows create a beautiful setting for your nuptials and there’s a PA system and a CD music system in the room so you can personalize your ceremony. A unity table and candle are also provided if you would like to use them.

Garden Ceremony. For larger weddings with up to 200 guests in attendance, the Garden Ceremony is a wonderful choice. Here, the bride will walk over a gorgeous white bridge with a slow moving stream flowing beneath it to meet her groom under a gazebo. It is here, with the soothing sounds of two nearby waterfalls, that the couple will exchange their vows. The luscious green foliage and colorful flowers really make the spot picturesque.

Greystone Ballroom. The on-site reception space is the Greystone Ballroom. Welcoming 300 people, this space dazzles with chandeliers, disco ball and a designated dance floor in the center of the room. The neutral colors make it a cinch to decorate the space to reflect your desired theme or color scheme.

Greystone Mansion offers multiple all-inclusive packages and allows couples to bring their own alcohol. Of course, you are welcome to take advantage of the bar package with bartender services if you’d like one less thing to worry about. Also available in the wedding packages is the use of a shuttle to get back and forth from the garden ceremony site, a custom designed wedding cake and decorating services. Greystone’s Music Productions will handle all of your musical entertainment and there is audio and visual equipment available in the event you would like to play a slideshow.

All catering for your reception is handled by the on-site culinary team. Prepare for a treat with such delectable hors d'eouvres as sliced Italian sausage with peppers and onions, Asian cashew chicken spring rolls and pork pot stickers. Entrees include champagne breast of chicken, baked honey glazed ham and sliced roast beef with seasoned gravy. Couples also have the chance to order a late night taco station or a s’mores campfire bar. Greystone Mansion is handicap accessible and provide liability insurance. Complimentary parking is offered to all guests for their convenience. Couples will also have use of the facility’s wireless Internet.

Greystone Mansion is equipped with a bridal suite that is available until midnight. That means the bride and her bridesmaids are welcome to get dressed on-site, retreat to the suite to touch up makeup or simply spend a few minutes catching a break from the crowd.

Beautiful and elegant wedding day dreams.

Say your wedding vows in Greystone's beautiful garden and then continue the celebration in our spacious and elegant ballroom! Greystone is the perfect venue for your Northern Michigan Wedding. Our all-inclusive wedding package, makes wedding planning easy and stress free!

Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

13996 Honor Highway, Traverse City, MI (231) 632-1702

Outstanding Venue

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Katie p

They had a HUGE food selection to choose from. We attend the open houses to help decide which dishes to pick. THe staff was awesome and friendly, the owner was SUPER helpful in helping us via suggestions or examples from previous weddings. The DJ came with the venue which wasn't... Read More my prefered arrangement, however he ended up being AMAZING!!! Overall I would recommend this place to anyone. 10/10.

PERFECT reception

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 BriAnn S

Bob and Jo went over the top for my husband and my wedding reception at their Honor reception hall. They accommodated us in every way possible and made every detail come to life :) The food was fan freaking tastic and we highly recommend the Mac and cheese!!!! The DJ had the... Read More floor full all night for every music preference and era of guests. A+ all the way and Thank you SO much!!!!

Beautiful Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Nicole B

Everything for our wedding was perfect! Bob and Jo are so helpful and flexible with planning. We planned it from out of state (dealing with a three hour time difference) and they made it a breeze! They cover everything, lay out all pricing and extras in the package, and are... Read More happy to answer any questions. The value is incredible with pretty much everything included (which again, planning from out of state was a blessing!) Their entire staff is friendly and helpful. LOVED the private bridal suite! Our wedding ran perfectly (thanks to our day of coordinator - included!), was everything we hoped for, and our guests had a wonderful time. We got tons of compliments on the food and the DJ. The attention to specific things we asked for was impeccable and the location is so beautiful! The gardens are amazing, and it is a short shuttle ride (which you can add on for a very reasonable price) to the beach (gorgeous beach pictures!). We also loved that we could bring our own alcohol (used Honor Family Market and highly recommend). This allowed us to have a Michigan themed bar featuring all Michigan beers and wines. Plus, this made the bar cost much cheaper and we got to keep left overs! I also loved that we were the only wedding going on. It felt so personal and so special. We could not have been happier with any aspect of the wedding on their end. Thank you to everyone at Greystone Mansion, we would do it all over again!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Melissa B

I cannot rave about this place enough!! Jo, Bob and the entire staff were amazing!! They did a phenomenal job!! The entire process from the moment we met them to the actual reception was so smooth and easy. They were always there to answer any questions that we had and... Read More constantly made us feel like a priority. The reception itself was absolutely stunning!! Jo even went the extra mile and made us a gorgeous candy display using our wedding colors. Everything was absolutely perfect!! I highly recommend them. If you want an absolutely dazzling, elegant and memorable wedding that people will be talking about for years to come then this is the venue for you!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Brittney W

Greystone Mansion was the best decision we could have made when deciding where to book our wedding. The fact that they have it all is stress free and convenient for a bride who is doing everything else. I got to kind of sit back and relax while my vision unfolded. Bob and Joanne... Read More were great to work with they attended to all of our needs and requests and were there anytime we texted or called. Set up was beautiful and I assigned a couple family members to set up a few of my do it yourself decorations which worked just fine. When the ceremony came everything ran smoother than I could have imagined, and the garden is one of the most beautiful places to not only get married in but take pictures in. Alcohol was the only thing we needed to bring ourselves which was exactly what we wanted because we didn't want our guests to have to pay and we didn't want to have to think about the bill for the end of the night. Rehearsal went so fast and Joanne worked with ME the bride and made sure the entrance was the way I had planned and i never once felt turned against my vision. Zeth and I could not have imagined a better day or place, our pictures were about ten minuets from the venue which we were shuttled from Greystone provided y Greystone to Crystal lake in Beulah which was romantic and then came back and finished photos in the garden, my photographer barely photo shopped any of the pictures we took. The DJ, bartenders and Staff were also Excellent they obviously know what they are doing, Very friendly and welcoming! Thank you so much for taking care of Zeth and I and our guests It was absolutely THE BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES HIGHLY recommended

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Kassie M

Great venue! My husband and I were both very pleased. Bob and K were easy and fun to work with. They were accommodating and flexible during planning and prepping. The 2pm arrival to venue on day of our 4:30pm wedding was the only inconvenience. Would have appreciated more time... Read More ahead of ceremony. Otherwise, planning, rehearsal, and the wedding was a breeze!! Greystone definitely helped create my "perfect" wedding!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Amanda N

I highly recommend this venue! We just got married July 29, 2017 and they took care of everything! Our reception was so beautiful in the garden and dinner was fantastic! They did the order of events in perfect order and went above and beyond to please us! Their communication... Read More with us was fantastic too! I never felt ignored and they did everything to please us! Pick them for your next event!!

2017-07-31T16:38:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you both so much for chosing GreyStone for your big day. We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding. From all of us at GreyStone. We wish you both all the best and enjoy the many, many years ahead together.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 April K

Greystone was absolutely wonderful to work with. They took care of everything and allowed us to enjoy our day. We received many compliments on the food and the venue. I would highly recommend booking with Greystone. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Kyle C

Great wedding! The food was very good. It was very beautifully set up and my family had a blast! The only thing that Bob and his wife didn't do was stop the rain. They have a chapel type setting in doors in case of rain. Good thing we had that as a back up plan because it... Read More rained and rained. Thanks greystone!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Amy F

We had the most amazing wedding ever thanks to the attentive staff at Greystone Mansion! They did everything to make our day perfect and that we had nothing to worry about. The venue is beautiful, both the garden and the ballroom. Having the wedding all in one place meant more... Read More time for us to party and celebrate with our guests. Everyone from the bartender to the event planner was fantastic to work with. Thank you for truly making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Whitney A

Our experience with Greystone was absolutely perfect! The staff was so professional and friendly, they made sure everything was amazing for our special day! Every expectation we had was blown away and we couldn't have been happier to spend our wedding with them. Their all... Read More inclusive wedding packages made planning so easy and took a lot of the stress away! We would definitely recommend booking your wedding through Greystone because it was an exceptional experience and we will remember it for the rest of our lives!

Reviewed on 2/28/2016 Rachel V

Greystone exceeded our expectations! Everything went so smoothly and a huge stress level was lifted because of how efficient every staff member was. All we heard from our guest all night was how great the food was and how gorgeous the venue was. My husband and I would highly... Read More recommend Greystone to anyone. We thank every member of Greystone Mansion that helped to make our big day so special!

2016-02-29T07:30:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your big day at GreyStone and what a beautiful winter day for a wedding. Please share some of your wedding pictures with us. Wishing you both much happiness and love.

Great venue

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Allison N

Greystone Mansion was a fantastic value for the price. Everyone there really knew their stuff, and the all inclusive package made it so that I did not have to worry about nearly as many things on my wedding day. The food was delicious, the ballroom and garden were beautiful,... Read More and everything ran very smoothly. I was very happy with the experience. The only thing that I did not like was that they pushed the Sandals vacations a bit hard, but this is a fantastic choice for my wedding.

Review Of Greystone Mansion

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We just had our wedding two days ago on Sept 12, 2015 at Greystone Mansion. I can't say enough how PERFECT everything was!! We had our ceremony outside in their beautiful garden. (There's also an indoor chapel in case of bad weather) which is really nice! The staff was amazing!... Read More They did everything to ensure our day was perfect! Greystone provided all the food and the bartender and the DJ. Who were all super great!! I could go on and on but, in short I highly recommend this wedding venue to anyone looking for a budget friendly beautiful awesome venue!! We couldn't be happier and wouldn't have changed a thing!

So glad we chose Greystone Mansion!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Sydney M

My daughter was married Sept. 12, 2015 in a ceremony in the gardens at Greystone, and the reception was also held onsite in the Greystone ballroom. The gardens are beautiful, but if it had rained, there is also a chapel onsite that would have provided a seamless back-up plan.I... Read More cannot say enough about what this venue provides . . . a beautiful setting both inside and out, a spacious bridal room, a children's room that was well utilized during our reception, a delicious and plentiful food buffet at a better price per plate than I found elsewhere in our area,all china, linens and table centerpieces,a certified bartender, a very talented and responsive DJ, a low-key but very effective security person, bar snacks and several mixers and non-alcoholic beverage options, set up and clean up, including packaging all the leftover food and cake for us to take home (yummy!) and incredibly attentive and responsive service by all staff members.The only additional services we engaged was a florist, a baker for the wedding cake,a photographer and videographer. Greystone even helped us find an officiant! As a result, we were able to enjoy our special day and our guests without worrying about every detail.They even cut and plated the cake for us! I highly recommend Greystone -- a high quality, high value venue for your ceremony and reception that takes a lot of the work and worry out of planning your big event! Thank you Bob and the whole team at Greystone! If I had any more daughters, they would be getting married at Greystone!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Stephanie T

I will start off by saying the planning process with Bob & Jo was very easy and stress free. They did a good job at communicating with us and responded quickly to our many questions. The venue was decorated beautifully for our wedding. We had the roast beef and chicken piccata... Read More for our entrees and would recommend both. The DJ was just okay in my opinion...he was very kind but I was disappointed that he didn't have more guests out on the dance floor. The day of the wedding didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped. I felt like my husband and I were gathering guests to come inside for first dances, I had to go outside myself to find guests standing in the dark before I realized no staff member had turned on the outside light for them. I just felt like the coordination could have gone smoother. We also had a few complaints such as the wrong song being played when we were announced as husband and wife and the bartenders serving shots when we requested no shots at our reception. Also, it was very uncomfortably hot in the venue. Overall minus those few things we were pleased with the venue and had a great wedding.

Beautiful wedding venue

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

We had our wedding in August at Greystone. It was a beautiful place. We had our wedding ceremony there as well outside in their garden. The garden is decorated with lots of flowers so there is no need for decor unless you want to but it is beautiful the way it is :) the staff... Read More was very friendly and they made sure our day was complete. The food was amazing..chef Bob did a wonderful job! Overall I highly recommend this place if you want a worry free wedding. Let the experts make your dream wedding come true!

Greystone Mansion of Honor MI

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

My husband and I had our wedding in the garden at Greystone Mansion in Honor Michigan on August 8th, 2015. Everything went perfect, and the best part was I didn't have to worry about anything. All my vendors including the florist, photographer, cake lady, and photo booth were... Read More directed by my wedding coordinator (Kay) who took care of everything while I was getting ready in the bridal suite. The food was delicious! Everybody was telling me it was the best meal they had ever had at a wedding. The venue even allowed us to bring in our own alcohol which saved us a ton of money! After looking at most venues in western and northern Michigan I can tell you that Greystone Mansion has the best package for your money. They include catering, DJ service, a Ceremony venue, Reception venue, and their own center pieces. Extra decorations and a shuttle service for your guests can be added for a little extra, which I am glad I took advantage of because my guests were able to drink and get a safe ride back to their hotels (including me and my husband who were the last to leave). I didn't have to worry about renting china, or table clothes, or white chairs for the ceremony because it was all included and set up for me. We got to take home the extra food and alcohol and didn't have to worry about cleaning up afterward. Bob, Jo, and Kay really have the experience and knowledge to help you plan your dream wedding. Bob answered every question I had, had suggestions about the best vendors, and he also helped us plan our honeymoon to an all inclusive Sandals resort. I am more then satisfied with my wedding, it was the best day of my life and the staff at Greystone made it so easy. People always warned me to "just elope" and "weddings are a nightmare to plan", but my wedding was not like that, it was beautiful, stress free, and I'll always remember it as the best day of my life. The only thing I had to stress about was whether or not it was going to rain. It didn't, but even if it had the venue has it's own indoor chapel as a back up plan. They really have thought of everything! I 100% recommend them to anyone who is looking for a venue in west Michigan, they will help you stay within your budget and make your wedding day beautiful and just the way you want it.

Beautiful Yet Disappointed

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Heather F

First of all, my wedding was beautiful, & Greystone is a gorgeous venue. Food was delicious & fun was had by all. The convenience of having the venue do the catering, DC, & many reception details was perfect. With that being said, when I initially was considering Greystone, some... Read More of the biggest selling points were the convenience of an inclusive package & how flexible & easy Bob was to work with. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Bob's willingness to work with us decreased. During our meeting 3 weeks prior, he was strongly encouraging us to organize the room & include elements with which I was not comfortable (e.g., a fog machine use on the dance floor & placing the band in the corner with tables between them & the dance floor). The day was beautiful from my perspective & the on-site coordinator was extremely accommodating for me; however, after the fact I learned that both Bob & the on-site coordinator were quite rude to multiple family members & friends who were assisting with setup. Finally, the DJ, John, was terrible. We had hired a band, & thank goodness! For the first several seconds of the Daddy-Daughter dance, the TV screens sat at a menu while the song played instead of beginning the carefully constructed photo slideshow, he did not play the songs we asked, & one song was clearly played from youtube as there was a commercial that played prior to the song beginning. I think this is completely unacceptable from a venue wanting to be the best in Northern Michigan. Overall, I think that these issues were not apparent to almost everyone there; however, it was extremely disappointing to hear negative feedback from those close to me.

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Emily M

We planned a wedding out of state and They made it so easy! It's great that it's an All inclusive wedding package. We only had to worry about the cake and photographer. The food was to die for! You have to get the mac n cheese! Nothing that we ordered was nad. Also they package... Read More the left over food so you can bring it home! They really went out of their way to make sure your day is perfect. The dj was awesome too! Wish I could remember his name because he did such an awesome job keeping dacing going all night long! We got married outside and the service was beautiful. The venue is beautiful inside and out. If your thinking of booking a wedding you NEED to just book greystone. You won't be disappointed :)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Cassondra M

Our wedding was in late October, and was absolutely wonderful! The Greystone Mansion provides top quality services such as wedding rehearsal/day coordinators, Catering (with amazing selection of foods for the buffet), Glass, China, and Color coordinated table cloths for the... Read More Table sets, Decorations including candles and table centerpieces, and Inside and Outside ceremony site, Ballroom, Bartender, DJ service (which was also perfect!) and the owners are easy to contact and easy to talk to about planning your wedding, via Email, Phone and Text. Everything was included in an easy package! All we had to provide ourselves was the minister, cake and photographer. Beautiful outdoor fountains and landscaping for photos, a bridal suite for pre-ceremony and reception use, and a room for children to play with toys. We had around 90 guests and it was very comfortable, it was not crowded at all. There are several near by hotel/motels/cabins/campgrounds for out of town guests. I highly recommend this venue/catering/DJ and ceremony site for your wedding and reception! Great value compared to other locations in the Traverse City area/Northern Michigan.

AND WHAT A WEDDING IT WAS !!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

If you want an uncomplicated wedding from start to finish this is the place! I live down state and Bob the owner made it so easy to do everything. I went in one time to look at everything then handled the rest with him over the phone and through email. It was very easy and not... Read More stressful at all. It is absolutely beautiful inside and if you choose to get married in the garden (which we did) you shouldn't even have to buy any extra decorations or flowers. They included much more than other halls, the DJ was included as well as most of the decorations. Kay the wedding coordinator was amazing! She went above and beyond for us. I didn't have much to add to the reception and she added everything she could think of, from lights behind our head table to adding to the center pieces, and even getting us cupcake stands for our cupcakes (we had cupcakes instead of a cake). She made the entire day run so smoothly. The other help was very nice as well. We actually didn't even try the food before the wedding either but luckily it was so good everyone loved it. All weddings can get expensive though and if you choose to add the other things they offer the price can add up. We only paid for 100 guests and I was very careful and didn't add very much extra stuff. Alcohol also isn't included. They also had some rules that I wasn't expecting like no bubbles or confetti or rice to shower the bride and groom with after the wedding, not a big deal but just fyi. We also had a candy table and after we had already bought the candy for it found out we couldn't have gum. Just be sure to check and see what they don't allow, I don't think its much just stuff that might make a mess.But overall it was an amazing day I have no complaints it couldn't have been better. I would absolutely recommend this hall to other brides!

Must have

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

We couldn't be happier and very glad to have chosen them!

The best wedding venue in Northern Michigan

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Wow, what can I say! Bob and jo made our wedding day absolutely perfect. The atmosphere of this venue is very romantic and classy. Jo had everything planned and executed without a single issue. The ceremony was outside and the gardens and landscaping is gorgeous! They even have... Read More an indoor chapel in case of bad weather, they've thought of EVERYTHING! Our reception was awesome, Bob and Jo kept on top of everything and made sure at all times we were enjoying our day. The food was ridiculously good and the service by their employees was exceptional. I cannot say enough good things about this venue and the owners. You will not go wrong having your wedding here, they have it all!!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Karen K

One of the most beautiful places in the area for a wedding. We have been to many weddings. Greystone Mansion is elegant. The food was amazing.

Robert and Joanne Sika

Welcome to Northern Michigan's premier wedding venue, GreyStone Weddings. Owner's Robert and Joanne Sika have been providing wedding day dreams to our brides and grooms, for over 20 years. Experienced, knowledgeable and ready to help make your big day. One your guests will remember for years to come. At both GreyStone Weddings and Visions at CenterPointe. We pride ourselves on providing a stress free and enjoyable experience. Call us and let us help you plan your day.