New England's Favorite Wedding Band!

Groove Authority play everything! Including Top 40, Pop, Rock, R&B, Motown, Funk, Soul, as well as Disco, Swing, Jazz, Reggae and Hip-Hop. If you are looking for a band that is fun, entertaining and versatile at an affordable price, you have found them! Please check out our websites and Facebook pages here: www.grooveauthority.com, www.facebook.com/grooveauthorityband, Contact us:, 617-899-2698, [email protected]

Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Serving New England and The East Coast (617) 899-2698

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Natalie P

Grove Authority has become a must for all of the corporate parties I organize for my Portsmouth, NH based company. Our staff LOVE the band and the dance floor remains packed until the very end. From casual, beach pavilion parties to formal affairs, Groove Authority knows how... Read More to work it. The talent is amazing and the singers are engaging and help keep the mood going. The pricing is a great value - highest quality performers at a price that is fair. A real bonus for this event planner!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Amanda S

This band is as good as it gets when it comes to wedding entertainment. A live band was a top priority for us during our wedding and if we were going to spend the money we wanted it to be the best we could get. After attending one of the band’s rehearsals we knew we’d found it... Read More and booked them two days later. Paul was very on top of the process throughout planning and checked in regularly to see if we had questions or keep us up to date on what he needed to move forward. Our first dance was a song written and performed by my cousin. We sent the music to the band, they did one rehearsal with my cousin, and nailed it on the wedding day. The dance floor was packed the whole night and proved to be exactly what we’d imagined. This is thanks in large part to the amazing energy and talent of these folks. Groove Authority is by far the element of the wedding our guests bring up most when reminiscing about the day. There is no better in Boston and we highly recommend you secure Groove Authority for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Kaitlyn D

We could NOT recommend Groove Authority any more! We couldn't imagine our wedding without them. They made our reception truly a night we will never forget. Our guests danced the entire reception...even during parts of dinner. If you want to have the best wedding band, hire... Read More Groove Authority. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Shannon C

Best Ever! If you are thinking about having the Groove Authority at your event, stop thinking and start booking. They were the best decision we made for our wedding. Our entire reception was dancing before the salad was even served. Every song was amazing. Paul was professional,... Read More responsive and totally on the ball. He listened to all of our requests from first dance song to songs we were hoping to be played throughout the night and made it all happen. Before I got to the wedding that day, Groove Authority was the one thing I was so confident in that I did not even need to worry about. They did not disappoint and all of our wedding guests keep talking about them weeks later. Couldn't be happier! We feel so grateful that they were able to be part of our wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Geoff S

Paul & GA made our wedding. They did an amazing remake of a ZBB/Van Morrisson song for our 1st dance and then played all sorts of music to keep the party hopping ALL night. Paul was very attentive to all the details leading up to the wedding and was worth every penny we... Read More paid. People are still talking about how incredible the band was.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Sarah M

I could not have asked for a better experience. I would recommend them to anyone. The band received more compliments than I did!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Nicole D

There are no words to describe how amazing this band is! We booked them for our corporate event days before and it was the best decision we made. Our guests danced the ENTIRE TIME - we even extended by 30 minutes! If you don't book this band - shame on you!...your loss for sure!... Read More Our event wouldn't have been the same without them!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Katie A

We attended a wedding this weekend where Groove Authority played and we can't stop talking about them! Their upbeat entertainment style had everyone on the dance floor...ALL night long! This band played anything from slow dances to rock, hip-hop to country - you name it! I... Read More absolutely loved this band and recommend them for ANY wedding or party!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Abby B

If you make one decision right about your wedding, it is booking Groove Authority for your band! Your guests will remember how fun this band was for years to come. I had people asking me the name of the band for other wedding and corporate events because of their expertise and... Read More energy they brought to our wedding! They truly are amazing!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 James S

Paul and his band mates are a hands down the best in the business. They kept our party rocking and went above and beyond in preparation and performance. I can't say enough about his foresight and handling of otherwise difficult issues. The first words out of every guests mouth... Read More has been "wow, that band was incredible." They're a "turn key" operation with unyielding energy and a distinct ability to read the crowd. We made several changes which Paul handled very well, IF they're available, book with confidence.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Eric P

We had Groove Authority play at our wedding and they did an absolutely fantastic job. They kept the crowd dancing during the up beat sections and everyone had great things to say about them after the wedding. They also accommodated all of our special requests and worked with us... Read More to make sure the day was exactly how we wanted it. Thanks so much for an amazing night Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Jennifer G

WOW! WOW! WOW! We first heard Groove Authority at a friend's wedding back a few years ago. When my husband and I got engaged and were thinking about a wedding band, we couldn't help but think back to weddings we had a blast because of the band that played. We were referred to... Read More GA, and quickly connected with Paul. He was personable, informative and willing to accommodate exactly what we were looking for! On the day of our wedding, GA traveled 3+ hours to our venue in northern Maine. We had two members of GA perform at cocktail hour who were phenomenal! When it came time to announcements at the reception, they were fantastic! Next, moving on to the 1st dance, they performed a song we asked them to learn. It was here that I saw my husband tear up for only the second time in our over 7 year relationship! He was beyond impressed! The audience was also incredibly impressed as everyone was up and dancing even before dinner was served! The dance floor was packed the entire night! At the end they were even willing to accommodate one more song...Roadhouse Blues by the Doors, and it blew everyone away! Two months later, we are still having guests come up to us and rave about the band! I would recommend Groove Authority many times over! On a final note, the bands version of "Killing Me Softly" gave people the chills!!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Mary M

Awesome! Professional! Fun! Groove Authority had everyone dancing at my daughter's wedding at The Preserve in Tamworth, NH, this summer. And I mean everyone was dancing all night!! When I looked up at the second floor from the dance floor no one was there because they were all... Read More dancing!!!! AlLL NIGHT! All my guests RAVED about the band weeks later when we got together! In fact, a very close friend of ours will be having Groove Authority at their daughter's wedding in October in RI. Looking forward to spending another fun evening with the band! They are the BEST!!!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Brian Q

The Groove Authority was the highlight of the wedding! They did a great job of organizing the flow of the evening, playing hits from all years to keep everyone dancing all night, and were very easy to work with. They could cover any type of song with male or female vocals and... Read More played a perfect rendition of our first dance song. Paul was communicative throughout the planning process and has lots of experience. Plus he absolutely shreds on the guitar.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Alyssa R

I highly recommend Groove Authority to anyone interested in hiring a band for their wedding! It was one of my husband’s top requests and we wanted to make sure we found the best “bang for our buck”. They more than exceeded our expectations! The pianist and saxophonist played... Read More jazz during our cocktail hour. During the reception, we had 250 guests and every single person was on the dance floor at one point or another, some even before salad was served! Paul, the director, was excellent to work with and very responsive. All the band members were exciting, talented, and interactive throughout the night. Guests of all ages enjoyed their vast playlist from multiple genres and generations of music. Thank you so much for making our wedding a night our guests will always remember!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Jen K

This band was the highlight of our wedding! We had 150 guests and every single person was on te dance floor! Paul, the director was excellent to work with and the band members were excited, fun, and beyond talented. Our guests shared with us over and over that this was the best... Read More band at a wedding they had ever seen! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Justin B

Book Groove Authority and you're guaranteed to have a wedding people will remember! Seriously. My wife and I were lucky enough to see GA play at a friend's wedding and afterwards we knew they were our top choice for the entertainment for our wedding. Where do I start? -First... Read More off, they are very easy to work with. I had several email and phone conversations with Paul, who was very approachable and upfront about what they had to offer. He was flexible and was able to work with the budget my wife and I set for a band. As we approached the wedding date, Paul was very organized and worked with us on every detail possible to make sure we would have a flawless reception. On the day of the wedding, there were no surprises and everything was organized and went off without a hitch. -Next, the most important question: how do they sound?? Well first let me say they have so much range! We had them play our cocktail hour with some light background keyboard. During dinner, they created a great atmosphere with music like Sinatra, etc. When it came time to get people on the dance floor, they brought the Energy. They knew how to play to the audience and get young and old involved. There was so much range, from classic hits to covers of brand new songs. Their voices sound great and their skill is incredible. One of my good friends is a musician and said to me on the dance floor, "these guys are TOO GOOD to just be a wedding band". We are more than a month out from our wedding, and we are STILL getting compliments on how fun the wedding was because of Groove Authority. Now we just have to convince friends to hire them for their wedding or renew our vows so we can hear them play again!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Denise S

Groove Authority is an extremely talented band and they work hard to make sure that everything is exactly how you want it. They play a great mix of old favorites and new hit songs, our guests were dancing all night long.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Jessica H

Groove Authority MADE our reception. People called our wedding "the dance party of my life!" They just nailed it. They played a huge variety of songs which was important to us from Frank Sinatra to Bruno Mars and a live version of the Hora! Not only did they execute an... Read More amazing performance but working with Paul, the manager was a pleasure. He is so kind and so sincerely wants to make your day perfect. He will try to accommodate all of your wishes but will be honest with you about what he thinks will work or not based on his experience. The value of this band was another huge sell for us. This band continues to charge a reasonable rate though they certainly have the talent to inflate their prices as the rest of the competition seems to have done. Couldn't recommend them enough : )

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Alissa S

Great band, great decision! After seeing their preview session, my husband was hooked that this was the band we wanted for our wedding. They definitely did not disappoint. Paul was great to work with. They had the dance floor filled all night and played all of recommended... Read More songs. We also hired Paul to help play music during our ceremony, which worked out nicely. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Carl P

'Groove Authority' performed at our wedding ceremony in Brookfield, MA on 11.6.16. We found them through Wedding Wire along with Googling something like: "Best Wedding Bands in New England" 'Groove Authority' had a fantastic sound, great musicianship (every member was top... Read More notch), repertoire, presence, audio/video samples, website, song list, etc. I got in touch with Paul (leader) and was impressed with his thorough communication, accommodation, friendliness, ease with working with us, along with being financially reasonable given their highly professional status. After comparing them to several other bands we realized they were the best we could find. [Keep in mind, I myself am a professional musician with a music degree. I have quite high standards, I know what I am talking about when I say this.] Soon after we made our choice we were able to see them at a rehearsal venue (Jamspot) where 'Groove Authority' does periodic showcases for those who are looking to hire them. When seeing them live, my wife and I realized more than ever that we made a fantastic decision. They are very impressive entertainers who put on a fantastic show, exuding great energy while not sounding overbearing volume-wise. They also play such a wide variety of classics and contemporary hits and styles; Dance, Pop, Funk, R&B, Rock, Jazz. My wife and I would highly recommend 'Groove Authority' to anyone looking for a very talented, high energy band . I cannot count the amount of raving compliments we got during and after our wedding. People were very content with the entire day and 'Groove Authority' was certainly one of the fantastic ingredients. Their energy is contagious and hence they got people dancing on the floor the entire night who I didn't even think would end up there. They even let me sit in on Drums for a few songs, funking it up with them, which was an honor. We couldn't have been happier. Thanks to Paul & 'Groove Authority'! - Carl & Debbie

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Emily H

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. We could not have asked for a better band!! Groove Authority played at our reception and three musicians played at our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were so accommodating and great to work with. They kept us and our guests on the dance floor all night!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Amanda B

We could not have asked for a better band!!! They were amazing and our guests (as well as us) danced the entire night! They got out on the floor and even participated in the limbo during the reception! They were so enthusiastic and everyone at the wedding loved them!! I wish... Read More we could party like this everyone weekend!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Elizabeth L

My husband and I cannot speak highly enough of this incredible band for our September wedding! With every email or call, Paul made sure that every song and set list was exactly how we wanted. The band learned three songs outside of their repertoire in order for some of our... Read More "first" dances to be that much more special. Paul made sure to call and check in with us multiple times before the wedding which gave us a huge sense of relief. This band is dynamic, original, and provided energy and fun to our wedding day. I saw people dance that have never danced at a wedding before! We highly recommend this bad for any event. Thank you Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jen

Groove Authority played at my sister's wedding in 2014 and I knew ever since then that I would book them for my own wedding. We specifically picked the date of our wedding on a weekend when they had availability. Their lead female vocalist had changed since 2014 and personally I... Read More think the original one was better, but the new one is still amazing, as is the lead male vocalist and the rest of the band as well. Our dance floor was packed the entire night, even before dinner/toasts. Paul learned to play/sing Sweet Home Chicago as a tribute to my husband's hometown and where we now live, and he absolutely killed it. We had a few timing issues on the night of our wedding which was completely the venue's fault, and Paul did get pretty stressed out about it (understandably). It would have made me feel better if he had been a bit more laid back about everything as it was happening, but it all ended up working out. I would highly recommend Groove Authority - they were the best investment that we made. They have a great ability to read a crowd, they interact with everyone on the dance floor, and they're just incredibly talented at what they do.

Paul Fudin

Paul prides himself on making your wedding band experience the best it can be! In almost every review of the band above his professional, prompt, caring and courteous customer service is commented on. Unlike some of the other band leaders in Boston, this is Paul's only job and gets his full attention. He will do everything he can to help you plan and organize the band's role at your reception and try to make this as stress-free as possible! Please feel free to contact him anytime at 617-899-2698. Thanks!