Book Your Wedding with Grove Redfield Estate

A GARDEN IN GLENVIEW, IL

Immerse yourself in nostalgia with a wedding at the Grove Redfield Estate in Glenview, Illinois. This historic venue comfortably holds up to 125 people in a warm, rustic atmosphere. The building has all the hallmarks of a classic English manor home, as the grounds surrounding the estate are home to several pieces of Romanesque statuary and fountains nestled among the English gardens and verdant shrubbery.

The Great Room. With its exposed beams, fireplace, creamy whitewashed walls and two-story arched window recalls the traditional family-oriented weddings of yesteryear. Between the gleaming hardwood floors, cathedral ceilings and the wrought-iron spiral staircase, this venue is suitable for a wide array of wedding themes.

The Upstairs Bridal Suite showcases glittering drop chandeliers and a loft excellently suited for the post-wedding bouquet toss.

On the Grounds. The venue's 30-foot by 60-foot premium covered stone pavilion features a fireplace, electricity and refreshing views of the meticulously maintained grounds. There is even an airy, wooden gazebo that creates an ideal ceremony space for the more outdoor inclined couple.

This venue has a preferred catering vendor list available on their website. Renters considering hiring a caterer not on approved list must have approval from the Rental Coordinator and a service fee will apply to those rentals. The following tables and chairs are included in the rental:

• Rectangular banquet tables
  • Round banquet tables
  • High cocktail tables
  • Cherry wood, black padded seat folding chairs
  • White folding chairs with padded seats
  • Pine wood rustic farm table with bench/shelf
  • High chairs and booster seats

If you choose to rent any other tables or chairs, you must get approval first. Rental dates may be booked up to 24 months in advance of the desired date. Alcoholic beverages may be served on the premises, but are not included as part of your rental. Tents are not allowed on the grounds.

Extra perks at the Grove Redfield Estate include:

• Outdoor areas, pavilion and gazebo areas have electric outlets available
  • Covered year-round with decorative lighting
  • Reflecting pool
  • Circular driveway for carriages
  • Fans/heating in pavilion
  • Extensive preferred wedding vendor list

The Grove Redfield Estate

Discover this exquisite setting for the most memorable day of your life. The Grove Redfield Estate combines the beauty of nature and history offering the private use of the elegant house and grounds around it. Including our outdoor covered pavilion with fireplace. Perfect for ceremony and / or receptions up to 125 people. Contact us today for a tour.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

1421 Milwaukee Ave, Glenview, IL (847) 298-0095

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Danielle S

I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about The Grove. Now I know I may be biased since it was my own wedding, but it was without a doubt the most magical fairytale like wedding I have ever been to! The grounds are breathtaking, especially with the bistro lights at... Read More night. Every minute of the evening we had someone coming up to us telling us that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to! We had about 85 guests which was the perfect size for an outdoor wedding in the pavillion. We loved, as well as our guests, that they could walk around outside and see all the beautiful landscape, instead of being stuck in one room. Carol and Shelley were exceptional from the very start and always very quick to answer all our questions leading up to the event. The on-site staff the day of the event were also extremely helpful. If you are looking for a dream outdoor wedding venue, stop right now and book at The Grove!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

I recently had my fairytale wedding at the Grove Redfield Estate on August 13, 2016 and it was amazing. From the staff to the grounds and the service was impeccable. Carol and Shelley were great to work with from the beginning all the way to the end. I would recommend this... Read More beautiful place to other brides who want to stray away from the boring old banquet halls with no windows lol. I also wanted to have it outdoors and the Grove made it possible with it's beautiful well manicured grounds. Pssst! there is a hidden gazebo towards the back of the house. My guests were so impressed. "Best wedding Ever" may I quote. I especially loved the scenery at night, it looked magical. A big thanks to Catered by Design for great food and presentation, An event less ordinary for arranging my day of.. and last but not least my photographer Jay from TSL who was a pleasure to work with. Check it out for yourself at www.thestilllife.net

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Karen R

The Grove at Redfield Estate was an amazing ceremony spot as well as a great reception space. We got married and had our reception in the Pavilion and had cocktail hour in the historical house. The outside area was beautiful. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how amazing... Read More the wedding was. The grove personnel was great to work with and answered any questions I had leading up to the wedding day. There were also 2 individuals on site the day of to help out with any requests. It was truly my fairytale wedding and The Grove help make that happen!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Lauren J

I cannot recommend Redfield Estate enough! From the beginning, Shelley and Carol helped answer all of my questions promptly and helped me map out a night that I still can't believe actually happened. The estate house is gorgeous- especially the great room and the muraled walls!... Read More The grounds are also perfect for outdoor events- we had planned on having our ceremony at the gazebo on grounds, but when the temperatures proved too cold, the rest of the staff at the Grove were there to help arrange the changes and see that our night went smoothly. Thank you so so much to everyone at the Redfield Estate- this venue and the people within helped me create a night that I will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Erica T

We love TheGrove, so we figured it'd be a no brainer to have our Ceremony at The Redfield Estate. Beautiful scenery, beautiful estate!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Matthew S

We got married in September and it was wonderful. The grove looked beautiful, and everything was ready for us to set up. The gazebo is a great place for a ceremony, and the pavilion was beautifully set up for our reception. We had a great wedding here!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Jacqueline C

I would definitely recommend this venue, my wedding was so beautiful. Every one loved the wonderful setting from the gazebo, the pavilion, the house, the whole grounds itself it was all very breathtaking. Having my wedding here was really a dream come true, every thing was... Read More exactly how I envisioned and hoped my wedding would be like, It was overall very romantic and intimate a dream come true. I would love to go back to that day. Not only is the venue very beautiful but the staff are wonderful very friendly and helpful especially the coordinator Carol Di Lorenzo they are definitely great people to work with.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Leah S

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. We chose the Redfield Estate as our ceremony and reception site and could not be happier. While planning in the last year, every time we went to visit we could not get over how relaxing and beautiful the house and grounds are. Working with... Read More Shelley and Carol (venue and rental coordinators) was also such a joy, they're readily available to any questions you may have and provided great insight and ideas for the event. On our wedding day, the weather turned out to be a bit rainy. We ended up moving the ceremony site to the pavilion last minute and absolutely loved how cozy and comfortable it was in there! Our friends and family members loved the scenery and the pictures turned out gorgeous. I highly recommend this venue for your ceremony and/or reception.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Rox P

We had our wedding at the Re field Estate this past July. From the moment I saw this venue I knew it was the place I wanted to marry my husband at. It has a romantic and vintage vibe that you don't expect to find in Glenview! The grounds are beautiful- we had our ceremony and... Read More reception at the Gazebo and Pavilion. We had perfect weather and we were greeted and assisted by helpful staff. Shelly and Carole were very helpful leading up to the day of and the rehearsal. Our day turned out to be better than I expected- 75 degrees on a July Saturday! We had an amazing time and I would suggest this venue to anyone who loves the outdoors.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Tony W

The Redfield Estate is a gorgeous setting to have a smaller-sized wedding (<125 guests) ceremony and reception. The buildings and grounds are the perfect close-to-nature backdrop: well-manicured lawns, great foliage, beautiful fountains and statuary, as well as many seasonal... Read More flower containers. At night, the property around the main house and pavilion comes alive with lanterns and string lights that extend the party beyond the pavilion alone. Carol and Shelley (The Rental Coordinators) are wonderful to work with, and they direct you deftly through your contract and their extensive list of preferred vendors, providing open-house type tastings throughout the year. A few tips: 1) For summer weddings, pay close attention to the mosquito season. Our July wedding unfortunately had some very hungry mosquitoes that forced us to move our ceremony from the gazebo area to the pavilion. It was still a gorgeous setting, but the change did cause a little anxiety. 2) With any outdoor wedding - ALWAYS have a rain plan in place. In the case of The Redfield Estate, you will coordinate this with your catering vendor ahead of time. 3) Understand how the size of your wedding may affect indoor plans. If your reception is inside The Redfield Estate (as opposed to in the outdoor pavilion), you may have to break up your dinner guests into two floors if the numbers exceed 60 guests.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Katy B

The unique beauty and timeless romance of this venue completely surpasses any other location and for the price, this place is an absolute steal. The outdoor stone pavilion, walking paths, reflecting pool and beautiful interior of the estate is just breathtaking and unbelievable... Read More that all this was included for the venue rental. They had beautiful flowers potted in urns throughout the estate and lights strung up everywhere and in the trees at night. I had the wedding of my dreams here. I had rainfall on and off throughout the day but it did not take away one bit from the reception. I ordered large white umbrellas and running around in the rain made for great fun and photographs. The staff was very friendly and easy to work with and their vendor list was very reasonable. I can't recommend this venue highly enough - especially for a bride who wants the beauty of the outdoors as part of her wedding. '

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Corryn M

Amazingly beautiful and exquisitely managed venue for both indoor/outdoor ceremony and reception. Couldn't have asked for a better place to host our wedding. Their website is easy to navigate with lists for on-site equipment, frequently used caterers, desserts, flowers, DJs and... Read More more!

2017-06-16T17:45:13 Response from the vendor

The entire staff at The Redfield Estate are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience on your wedding day. We truly appreciate this lovely review and thank you for being so easy to work with. Take care and keep in touch. Come back... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Julie B

The Redfield Estate is a wonderful place for a wedding reception/ceremony. The grounds are simply impeccable and gorgeous. We spent so little with florist because of all the natural beauty the venue provides- including the many planters that are scattered all over the... Read More grounds. They were beautifully planted. The staff were great to work with. We arrived to the grounds the morning of the wedding and everything was in order- tables set up per plan, staff on hand to assist. Highly recommend only using the vendors on their preferred list because they know exactly how everything works. We could not have asked for a better day. Thank you for making my daughter's wedding a spectacular success.

2017-06-16T17:46:11 Response from the vendor

The entire staff at The Redfield Estate are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience on your daughter's wedding day. We truly appreciate this lovely review and thank you for being so easy to work with. Come back to The Redfield Estate for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Greg K

The Grove is a beautiful venue that was perfect for our 75 guest wedding. The vintage and homey appeal is just what we were looking for. We got married in the Pavilion in front of the fireplace which was absolutely gorgeous.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie B

I just had my October wedding there and it was absolutely fabulous! I used the gazebo for my ceremony, and the pavilion for the reception. It was executed flawlessly, and I picked Hel's Kitchen from their preferred caterer list. We chose to have a daytime wedding (11am) as the... Read More other option was after 7pm and it would have been dark and pretty late to have dinner afterwards since we wanted everything in one place. Their staff is very professional and accommodating. We added some pumpkins as the decorations are pretty minimal as the nature setting is so stunning by itself. The one issue I had was not being told before I booked this venue that the indoor seating is 105 at the most. I thought it was 125, since thats what the outdoor seating capacity is, but knowing Chicago weather, I didn't want to take any chances. You will also need quite a few signs if you decide to get married in the gazebo so people do not get lost as it is a bit hidden. Overall, this is an amazing venue, and they know what they are doing. I loved it!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Spencer C

When my bride (then bride-to-be) and I began looking for venues, we looked into at least a dozen places closer to home before making the trip out to The Redfield Estate (which was about a 45 minute trip for us and our families). However, from the moment we stepped on the grounds... Read More we knew this was the right place. The property is simply breathtaking, and there are a lot of beautiful spaces that can be used for many things in a wedding, outdoors and indoors. Our wedding was an evening wedding, and unfortunately the rain also wanted to attend. The staff at The Grove was beyond helpful in keeping us up-to-date on the weather, providing a gorgeous white umbrella for the bride when we did have to move outdoors during the rain, and helping to mop up any water that was tracked inside before slipping became a concern. There were also some powerful outdoor fans provided to keep our covered pavilion cool, when everyone was dining and dancing outdoors. I think I need to find another excuse to plan an event here, because it was beyond beautiful, and I can't wait to return (hopefully without rain clouds this time). Some pictures from our rental: The Estate (front): https://goo.gl/photos/9oDJs4oVrMsWvX3B9 The Estate (rear): https://goo.gl/photos/sdwXVRvMJMbvstcL7 The Pavilion (day): https://goo.gl/photos/aco8M7879N2vdPUb6 The Pavilion (night): https://goo.gl/photos/1eHGhw2LximR9Yxz6 Deer Statue (night): https://goo.gl/photos/2mEE4FBG5LnfYsXP9

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Stephen T

The Grove was an exceptional place to hold a wedding for my daughter and I'm deeply appreciative of the venue for the support it provided when we changed from an outside service to an inside service at the last minute because of rain. The pavilion for dinner was a wonderful... Read More venue and a good time was had by all. Thank you for hosting a memorable occasion.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Pat L

5 stars is not enough, 10 is what I would rate them. From the beginning Carol To the ground help on the day of they We're all outstanding! A hidden gem In Glenview!! Hope to use them Again

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Trinity M

The Grove worked absolutely perfect for our wedding day. The Redfield Estate allowed us to move about the property and keep guest entertained the entire time. The night was truly magical. Just as I thought the day couldn't get any better, the sun went down... and the estate... Read More was lit so beautifully on the exterior, people were constantly coming up to us and complimenting how beautiful everything was. The Grove allowed us to be close to nature, and gave a nostalgic feeling to the guests. We were so grateful to the staff for a fairytale of an evening. I'll remember this day with a smile for the rest of my life.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Sarah M

Not only was the venue beautiful, but the staff there were extremely accommodating. There were 2 staff available the whole night, helping my party pick up decorations and offering advice as to where we could leave things until the next morning. I can't tell you how many people... Read More told me "I am going to tell my friend about this place so they'll get married here! It's so gorgeous!" The outdoor pavilion was perfect for our 70 person wedding. Even when it dropped down to 70 degrees and the older guests were getting cold, we just closed off one side and it was perfect. Carol and Shelley, the rental coordinators were always available for any questions I had and promptly responded to emails I sent. Overall, we had a wonderful experience with the grove.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

This was the perfect location for our special day! Our guests loved the beautify scenery that the Grove had to offer. We highly recommend The Grove!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Galina G

The best venue you can find in Chicago area. We did receptions and ceremony there. Very beautiful, affordable and easy to manage.A lot of vendors knew this place ,so it also helped to make arrangements

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Dawn F

This place is so beautiful! The house and grounds are very well kept. Great for small to mid size weddings. We had about 80 guests. There's a house, gazebo, pavilion on the grounds you can use. Have your event inside or outside, it's all gorgeous! Book it early though, the... Read More dates fill up fast!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

We just got married at July in The Grove and couldn't be better choice. The place is natural beautiful and with different options of sites for you ceremony. We choose do our ceremony at the gazebo. Also they gave us all support and they were ready in case of rain. Carol and... Read More Shelley were very helpful each time we talked with them. If you looking for a beautiful place with option outdoor or indoor and with a reasonable/good price you definitely should go to the Grove. Thank for the wonderful experience. We and our guests loved the place of our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

If you are looking for an outdoor woodland themed wedding, then this is the place for you! My maid of honor found this place for me and based on the pictures I saw online I thought wow what a perfect place! But let me tell you, the pictures that were online honestly do not do... Read More the actual venue justice. It is just so breathtakingly beautiful! I loved knowing that I had different options to have my ceremony and reception. Carol and Shelley were always very responsive to ALL my e-mails. The day of my wedding was picture perfect and everything I dreamed it would be. Everyone complemented the venue and said they have never been to an outdoor wedding as beautiful as this and enjoyed walking around the grounds during cocktail hour. As far as pricing, this place is a true steal for the many acres you get for the rental and it really is a hidden gem. You do not need to spend so much money to have the picture perfect wedding here. TRUST ME. Not only that, but your photographer will have a blast taking your photos here because there are so many different places you can capture this venues beauty with you and your groom at your side.

Meet The Manager

The Grove Redfield Estate - Carol Di Lorenzo

The Grove Redfield Estate is a historic house nestled in one of the largest Nature Preserve parklands in Illinois. The home of one of the Grove's earliest settlers, this locale features Prairie-style architecture that is reminiscent of idyllic cottages in the northern European countryside, giving any event held in this beautiful venue a vintage atmosphere.