The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Immerse yourself in nostalgia with a wedding at the Grove Redfield Estate in Glenview, Illinois. This historic venue comfortably holds up to 125 people in a warm, rustic atmosphere. The building has all the hallmarks of a classic English manor home, as the grounds surrounding the estate are home to several pieces of Romanesque statuary and fountains nestled among the English gardens and verdant shrubbery.

The Great Room. With its exposed beams, fireplace, creamy whitewashed walls and two-story arched window recalls the traditional family-oriented weddings of yesteryear. Between the gleaming hardwood floors, cathedral ceilings and the wrought-iron spiral staircase, this venue is suitable for a wide array of wedding themes.

The Upstairs Bridal Suite showcases glittering drop chandeliers and a loft excellently suited for the post-wedding bouquet toss.

On the Grounds. The venue's 30-foot by 60-foot premium covered stone pavilion features a fireplace, electricity and refreshing views of the meticulously maintained grounds. There is even an airy, wooden gazebo that creates an ideal ceremony space for the more outdoor inclined couple.

This venue has a preferred catering vendor list available on their website. Renters considering hiring a caterer not on approved list must have approval from the Rental Coordinator and a service fee will apply to those rentals. The following tables and chairs are included in the rental:

• Rectangular banquet tables
  • Round banquet tables
  • High cocktail tables
  • Cherry wood, black padded seat folding chairs
  • White folding chairs with padded seats
  • Pine wood rustic farm table with bench/shelf
  • High chairs and booster seats

If you choose to rent any other tables or chairs, you must get approval first. Rental dates may be booked up to 24 months in advance of the desired date. Alcoholic beverages may be served on the premises, but are not included as part of your rental. Tents are not allowed on the grounds.

Extra perks at the Grove Redfield Estate include:

• Outdoor areas, pavilion and gazebo areas have electric outlets available
  • Covered year-round with decorative lighting
  • Reflecting pool
  • Circular driveway for carriages
  • Fans/heating in pavilion
  • Extensive preferred wedding vendor list

The Grove Redfield Estate

Discover this exquisite setting for the most memorable day of your life. The Grove Redfield Estate combines the beauty of nature and history offering the private use of the elegant house and grounds around it. As your guests have cocktails and enjoy an outdoor reception under the rustic stone pavilion with fireplace, fill your wedding album with unforgettable photos taken on the scenic estate. Or move inside for the reception, making use of the awe-inspiring Great Room. Mix and mingle in front of the fireplace, dance beneath the towering cathedral ceilings and sparkling chandeliers, and dine as you enjoy the sights outside of the spectacular two-story glass window. Perfect for ceremony and / or receptions up to 125 people. Contact us today for a tour.

Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

1421 Milwaukee Ave, Glenview, IL (847) 298-0095

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Greg K

The Grove is a beautiful venue that was perfect for our 75 guest wedding. The vintage and homey appeal is just what we were looking for. We got married in the Pavilion in front of the fireplace which was absolutely gorgeous.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

I recently had my fairytale wedding at the Grove Redfield Estate on August 13, 2016 and it was amazing. From the staff to the grounds and the service was impeccable. Carol and Shelley were great to work with from the beginning all the way to the end. I would recommend this... Read More beautiful place to other brides who want to stray away from the boring old banquet halls with no windows lol. I also wanted to have it outdoors and the Grove made it possible with it's beautiful well manicured grounds. Pssst! there is a hidden gazebo towards the back of the house. My guests were so impressed. "Best wedding Ever" may I quote. I especially loved the scenery at night, it looked magical. A big thanks to Catered by Design for great food and presentation, An event less ordinary for arranging my day of.. and last but not least my photographer Jay from TSL who was a pleasure to work with. Check it out for yourself at www.thestilllife.net

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie B

I just had my October wedding there and it was absolutely fabulous! I used the gazebo for my ceremony, and the pavilion for the reception. It was executed flawlessly, and I picked Hel's Kitchen from their preferred caterer list. We chose to have a daytime wedding (11am) as the... Read More other option was after 7pm and it would have been dark and pretty late to have dinner afterwards since we wanted everything in one place. Their staff is very professional and accommodating. We added some pumpkins as the decorations are pretty minimal as the nature setting is so stunning by itself. The one issue I had was not being told before I booked this venue that the indoor seating is 105 at the most. I thought it was 125, since thats what the outdoor seating capacity is, but knowing Chicago weather, I didn't want to take any chances. You will also need quite a few signs if you decide to get married in the gazebo so people do not get lost as it is a bit hidden. Overall, this is an amazing venue, and they know what they are doing. I loved it!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Spencer C

When my bride (then bride-to-be) and I began looking for venues, we looked into at least a dozen places closer to home before making the trip out to The Redfield Estate (which was about a 45 minute trip for us and our families). However, from the moment we stepped on the grounds... Read More we knew this was the right place. The property is simply breathtaking, and there are a lot of beautiful spaces that can be used for many things in a wedding, outdoors and indoors. Our wedding was an evening wedding, and unfortunately the rain also wanted to attend. The staff at The Grove was beyond helpful in keeping us up-to-date on the weather, providing a gorgeous white umbrella for the bride when we did have to move outdoors during the rain, and helping to mop up any water that was tracked inside before slipping became a concern. There were also some powerful outdoor fans provided to keep our covered pavilion cool, when everyone was dining and dancing outdoors. I think I need to find another excuse to plan an event here, because it was beyond beautiful, and I can't wait to return (hopefully without rain clouds this time). Some pictures from our rental: The Estate (front): https://goo.gl/photos/9oDJs4oVrMsWvX3B9 The Estate (rear): https://goo.gl/photos/sdwXVRvMJMbvstcL7 The Pavilion (day): https://goo.gl/photos/aco8M7879N2vdPUb6 The Pavilion (night): https://goo.gl/photos/1eHGhw2LximR9Yxz6 Deer Statue (night): https://goo.gl/photos/2mEE4FBG5LnfYsXP9

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Stephen T

The Grove was an exceptional place to hold a wedding for my daughter and I'm deeply appreciative of the venue for the support it provided when we changed from an outside service to an inside service at the last minute because of rain. The pavilion for dinner was a wonderful... Read More venue and a good time was had by all. Thank you for hosting a memorable occasion.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Pat L

5 stars is not enough, 10 is what I would rate them. From the beginning Carol To the ground help on the day of they We're all outstanding! A hidden gem In Glenview!! Hope to use them Again

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Trinity M

The Grove worked absolutely perfect for our wedding day. The Redfield Estate allowed us to move about the property and keep guest entertained the entire time. The night was truly magical. Just as I thought the day couldn't get any better, the sun went down... and the estate... Read More was lit so beautifully on the exterior, people were constantly coming up to us and complimenting how beautiful everything was. The Grove allowed us to be close to nature, and gave a nostalgic feeling to the guests. We were so grateful to the staff for a fairytale of an evening. I'll remember this day with a smile for the rest of my life.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Sarah M

Not only was the venue beautiful, but the staff there were extremely accommodating. There were 2 staff available the whole night, helping my party pick up decorations and offering advice as to where we could leave things until the next morning. I can't tell you how many people... Read More told me "I am going to tell my friend about this place so they'll get married here! It's so gorgeous!" The outdoor pavilion was perfect for our 70 person wedding. Even when it dropped down to 70 degrees and the older guests were getting cold, we just closed off one side and it was perfect. Carol and Shelley, the rental coordinators were always available for any questions I had and promptly responded to emails I sent. Overall, we had a wonderful experience with the grove.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

This was the perfect location for our special day! Our guests loved the beautify scenery that the Grove had to offer. We highly recommend The Grove!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Galina G

The best venue you can find in Chicago area. We did receptions and ceremony there. Very beautiful, affordable and easy to manage.A lot of vendors knew this place ,so it also helped to make arrangements

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Dawn F

This place is so beautiful! The house and grounds are very well kept. Great for small to mid size weddings. We had about 80 guests. There's a house, gazebo, pavilion on the grounds you can use. Have your event inside or outside, it's all gorgeous! Book it early though, the... Read More dates fill up fast!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

We just got married at July in The Grove and couldn't be better choice. The place is natural beautiful and with different options of sites for you ceremony. We choose do our ceremony at the gazebo. Also they gave us all support and they were ready in case of rain. Carol and... Read More Shelley were very helpful each time we talked with them. If you looking for a beautiful place with option outdoor or indoor and with a reasonable/good price you definitely should go to the Grove. Thank for the wonderful experience. We and our guests loved the place of our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

If you are looking for an outdoor woodland themed wedding, then this is the place for you! My maid of honor found this place for me and based on the pictures I saw online I thought wow what a perfect place! But let me tell you, the pictures that were online honestly do not do... Read More the actual venue justice. It is just so breathtakingly beautiful! I loved knowing that I had different options to have my ceremony and reception. Carol and Shelley were always very responsive to ALL my e-mails. The day of my wedding was picture perfect and everything I dreamed it would be. Everyone complemented the venue and said they have never been to an outdoor wedding as beautiful as this and enjoyed walking around the grounds during cocktail hour. As far as pricing, this place is a true steal for the many acres you get for the rental and it really is a hidden gem. You do not need to spend so much money to have the picture perfect wedding here. TRUST ME. Not only that, but your photographer will have a blast taking your photos here because there are so many different places you can capture this venues beauty with you and your groom at your side.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Brittney D

This venue could not have been more beautiful for our daughter and son-in-laws wedding ceremony. The flowers were all in full bloom, wedding was in June, the venue was set up exactly as we had requested and on time. The staff working that day and prior to that day were very... Read More helpful and took time to give us thoughtful input and share photos of other weddings at this location. Highly recommend this site for your wedding ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Melissa S

We got so many compliments on our venue. It was absolutely beautiful and the staff did a great job answering my [many] questions and making everything run smoothly. If you're having 100 people or less and want an outdoor venue, this place is perfection!

Our Dream Wedding Came True

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Courtney L

I'm so excited to say that my husband and I truly had our dream wedding! The Grove Redfield Estate was a huge factor in that. They were always helpful and responsive during the planning process. Futhermore they sent helpful reminders when certain information was needed. On the... Read More day of our wedding they were there beginning to the end. They were reassuring that we could make last minute choices based on the weather. They are flexible with any ideas you may have and do not have too many rules or restrictions. We had a fabulous event on 10/18/15.

Grove Venue

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

I knew this was the place I wanted to get married when I first visited the Grove. It is romantic, charming, surrounded by forests, and the cottage provides a very home like feel. The venue staff (Shelley and Carol) are very professional, knowledgeable, accommodating, and replies... Read More via email in a timely manner. I loved this place, on my wedding day, it was magical and so beautiful. The venue has a Pavilion and gazebo for outdoor ceremony options and in case of rain, there is a plan B available as well, which I liked. The price is fair and reasonable and there is staff onsite the day of the wedding too. There is a rentable outdoor fireplace and movable heaters in case of cold weather. Very flexible venue for a great price!

So Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Christy S

We had our wedding ceremony at the Grove Redfield Estate on 9/12/2015 and it was gorgeous in every way! The staff was easy to work with during the planning process (though there was a bit of confusion over numbers, which ended up not being an issue). We lucked out on our wedding... Read More day and had beautiful weather for most of the day but, since it rained during the night, we got married in the Pavilion instead of at the Gazebo as we originally planned. I am so glad we ended up with the Pavilion! We faced the beautiful estate during the ceremony and it made for a wonderful entrance. Even better, the staff of the Grove lit a fire for us in the Pavilion fireplace. It added the perfect touch of warmth to our lovely fall day. I can't wait to see the pictures! The Grove made the perfect backdrop for us to make our vows to each other - it is a BEAUTIFUL venue!

Awesome Affordable Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

My wife and I got married here this past August. This place is awesome!!! We were on a tight budget, so we got married on a Monday. Saved us a heap of money. This place is so beautiful, there is practically no need to buy extra flowers. We used all the facilities. We had... Read More cocktails around the porch, a Jewish "tisch" and "badeken" inside the house, our chuppah ceremony at the gazebo, and reception in the pavilion. Our reception was a buffet dinner followed by dancing. Everything flowed together very nicely. We had a 107 guests. Carol and the Grove staff were super easy to communicate with through all the planning. If you want a beautiful outdoor wedding, this is the place to do it. Especially if you're on a budget. Everyone told us afterwards that it was one of the nicest weddings they attended.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Karen B

The Grove was absolutely beautiful. I had my wedding reception here in July 2015 - I really wanted to use the pavilion and we lucked out with perfect weather. No need for lots of decorations because the venue has so much natural decoration around it. It was absolutely... Read More stunning. Staff was fine to work with - although staff the night of was not, at first, accommodating to some last minute changes we wanted. However, our caterer, Everyday Gourmet, was amazing and took care of it for us. I'll write a separate review for them - and they were amazing. Not that pricey, beautiful venue, and amazing pictures come from weddings at the Grove.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

There are at least 3 areas to use for ceremony and reception on site, and everyone was so helpful the day of, because we had to change plans at the last moment due to weather. Both the caterer and our coordinator from the Grove worked so well with me, making sure our special... Read More day went off without a hitch. I would recommend this venue to anyone who would like an outdoor wedding with the safety net of interior. :) It is for people with a smaller wedding, (125 people max)and you must be outside, but inside is also beautiful, and can seat up to 100 people. The day was amazing, and everyone raved how gorgeous the venue was. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Excellent

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Timmy H

Gorgeous venue! We had our wedding at The Redfield Estate in September of 2015. Carol & Shelley were great in helping us reserve the space and providing recommendations on preferred vendors, which worked out great! After seeing the site without any setup, we knew wanted to be... Read More there, but after seeing and being there with everything set up for the wedding it was more beautiful than we could have expected. The rental coordinators and staff are warm and helpful. I would recommend this site to anyone for an event or wedding.

Amazing Quality (and Value!)

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

As the Groom I usually don't read sites like this and rarely have much to say, but I wanted to take a moment to say just how exceptional the experience was with The Grove and how happy I am we selected it. We viewed it in December in a rainstorm, which really wasn't the best... Read More time to see everything the site has to offer, but for some reason we still decided to go with it. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. If you want a picturesque, intimate wedding, you can't do much better. There are so many places to take pictures and so many details, and there's enormous flexibility to make the grounds work for whatever you want. The price is almost perhaps impossible to beat. You don't just get a huge, beautiful park and buildings all to yourselves, but you get it for the entire day as well (which, trust me, you're going to want - things go by fast!) For those future brides reading this, definitely add this to your list, and find a photographer that can really capture everything The Grove has to offer too, you'll be glad you did. I know my wife had some high standards and is still glowing about how wonderful our day was there.

Beautiful location for a wedding

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Rebecca W

Pros: 1. private location 2. option to do ceremony and location outside or indoors 3. ample parking 4. beautiful grounds and historic house 5. guests can wander the grounds and visit the other museums or buildings Cons: 1. walking distance to gazebo may be too far... Read More for guests in wheelchairs or with physical restrictions/difficulties 2. inside ceremony only can seat 50-60? inside the living room--the rest of the guests are split between the balcony and the dining room, which has a poorer view 3. downstairs bathroom is very small, but they have a wheelchair accessible bathroom outside. Only downside is it's not the most helpful if it's raining

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Katie T

The Grove Redfield Estate was the perfect place to have our wedding. I knew from the minute I took the tour to see it for the first time that I wanted to get married there. The grounds around the house are beautifully kept and maintained. The inside of the house is beautiful and... Read More air conditioned! Also, at night, the white light turn on in the trees and it looks so beautiful. Working with the staff at the Grove Redfield Estate is so easy! Everyone responds to emails quickly and works with you as much as they can. I am so happy that I got to get married at such a beautiful place.

Meet The Manager

The Grove Redfield Estate - Carol Di Lorenzo

The Grove Redfield Estate is a historic house nestled in one of the largest Nature Preserve parklands in Illinois. The home of one of the Grove's earliest settlers, this locale features Prairie-style architecture that is reminiscent of idyllic cottages in the northern European countryside, giving any event held in this beautiful venue a vintage atmosphere.