Groveland Fairways

Groveland, MA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Fireside Room. Couples wishing to say "I do" on the premises have both indoor and outdoor options for their walk down the aisle. The intimate Fireside Room has an oversized working fireplace that provides a romantic atmosphere no matter the season. The Fireside Room can also be used for receptions, and features a large, white, floor-to-ceiling fireplace to display flowers or photos of the bride and groom. The fireplace adds a cozy ambiance to the space.

Outside Terrance and Fireplace. In the outdoor garden area, brides enter through a white picket fence surrounded by flowers, and walk down a brick pathway while their guests watch from white chairs placed on the manicured lawn. Couples exchange vows under a white pergola surrounded by tall hedges, which give structure to the outdoor space. The outdoor stone fireplace area can also be utilized for wedding ceremonies.

The Terrace Room features a mahogany bar, cozy fireplace and neutral color palette that reflects a chic, New England style. Brass chandeliers, wall sconces and large windows offer plenty of light, and chivalry chairs add to the room's classic and elegant appeal. The attached outdoor terrace provides the ideal space for guests to grab a breath of fresh air, and is surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens that provide an ideal spot for photos.

Couples will be happy to know that Groveland Fairways only hosts one wedding per day, allowing couples complete privacy and full use of the premises on the day of their event. All wedding packages include gold Chiavari chairs, ivory floor-length linens, a variety of napkin choices, tables, use of outdoor furniture, a seasonal outdoor bar and more.

Couples can choose from two different catering companies, both of which are Groveland Fairways' exclusive caterers. Caterers work closely with couples to create unique and individualized menus that reflect the couple's taste and style.

• Pets allowed on premises for outdoor ceremonies and photo opportunities
  • On-site wedding coordinator
  • Private bridal suite
  • Covered entryway
  • LGBT-friendly
  • List of preferred vendors available by request

Elegant Weddings at Groveland Fairways

Groveland Fairways provides a unique and beautiful setting for Wedding receptions. Our staff and culinary experts will work with you to plan every detail of your event. You and your guests will enjoy extraordinary cuisine, professional service, and a beautiful setting.

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

156 Main Street, Groveland, MA (978) 373-2872

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 danielle b

Our wedding reception at Groveland Fairways couldn’t have been any more perfect. From the moment we walked in to the foyer and met Liz, my now husband and I knew it was exactly the right location. We planned our wedding remotely from Atlanta, Georgia and Liz was more than... Read More willing to connect via phone, text, or email whenever we had a question. She was more than happy to work with my parents who live in the area, too, to handle some of the details that my husband and I were not able to manage giving the long distance. The entire planning process with Groveland was smooth and easy given Liz’s mastery of her profession. She is amazing at what she does! Never once did we worry that something would fall off her radar and we relied on her suggestions and thoughts on many of the other vendors we chose for our day. Liz instilled full confidence that our wedding reception at Groveland Fairways was going to be perfect…and it was! On our wedding day, when we first arrived at Groveland Fairways after our ceremony, Liz gave us a moment to gather our thoughts and re-compose ourselves…then she brought us into the dining room and allowed us some time on our own to take in the beautiful environment/atmosphere she had helped to create for our reception. We were awestruck! We had added LOTS of little details and DIY projects to our day and Liz went above and beyond to ensure that they were all set up and executed flawlessly. Furthermore, she was continuously checking on us, our families and wedding party, and our guests throughout the evening to be sure we had everything we needed and to keep the event moving as planned. My husband and I are still reliving the memory of our wedding day in our heads…the whole experience was like a fairy tale dream for us. The entire Groveland Fairways venue, including the patio and green space outside, are lovely and created such a beautiful and enjoyable atmosphere for our guests. Liz and the Groveland Fairways family truly added to our happiness (and the happiness of many others) and the beauty of our day. We so deeply appreciate the extra mile(s!) they went to make our day just perfect!

What can I even say?

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Kristine

I don't even know where to begin with this review. My contact with Liz started in March of 2012. My fiance and I were planning a September 2013 wedding and had only visited one other venue before visiting the Fairways. We were immediately so comfortable with Liz and loved the... Read More venue. After another visit, we decided to put down a deposit. What I didn't know at that time was just how easy Liz was going to make, literally EVERYTHING, for me. She was incredibly helpful, frank, and attentive in each step of the planning. And the day of? I can't even express how grateful I was to have her there. We didn't have to worry about a single thing. Liz in herself is worth every penny of the venue cost (which, by the way is EXTREMELY reasonable).

SImply Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Theresa W

My husband and I looked at several different venues but knew as soon as we walked into Groveland Fairways that this was the place that we were going to be married. Everything about our first meeting made us completely comfortable. Liz was great from that first meeting until... Read More the end of the night meeting all of my expectations and beyond. I couldn't have asked for anything more from her. Every email and phone call was answered in a timely manner, every worry was calmed, every dream and vision was played out perfectly for our wedding day. Many of our wedding guests have commented how elegant, gorgeous and laid back our wedding venue was. Which is exactly the feel that we were going for. I was able to throw in a little bit of a Red Sox theme without going overboard with the help of Liz. On the day of our wedding both Liz and Jordan did a great job making sure that our wedding party were where they needed to be when they needed to be there. Both were in the background but close enough so if there was a problem I knew exactly where to find them. Everyone went above and beyond to make this a special day for us!!!! And we can't thank them enough for all they did.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Kristin F

Look no further than Groveland Fairways! My husband and I got married September 24th, 2016- it was the most beautiful day at the most beautiful place. Liz and Jordan are a dream to work with, along with their phenomenal catering partners. They all made our day as amazing as... Read More possible, and we did not have to worry about one thing. We were complimented so much on the venue, a lot of our family referred to it as a hidden gem! I have not one single regret about having our ceremony and reception at the beautiful Groveland Fairways!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Nikki W

Liz and Jordan were absolutely the best! I was a very hands-off bride during the whole planning process (I'm a grad student), and they made it very easy for me to be able to get everything accomplished well in advance of the wedding. Every question I e-mailed was answered... Read More promptly and honestly. They have a wonderful list of preferred vendors that we utilized fully. All of the vendors we used were affordable without sacrificing professionalism. The venue itself is beautiful no matter what time of year you decide to get married- Ours was a winter wedding, and the outside fireplaces/wrap-around porch provided the perfect place for our pictures. We had our ceremony on-site, as it was easier for our guests, transportation-wise. The fireplace room was a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony, and Liz and Jordan made the transition into the dining room seamless for us and our guests. Don't overlook this gem in Groveland!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Adrianna A

I decided almost two years ago that I was going to have my wedding at Groveland Fairways. I walked into the venue and absolutely fell in love. The grounds and porch are gorgeous and perfect for photos and the inside space is perfect. I worked with both Liz and Jordan and they... Read More were super helpful the entire time. One of them would always answer my emails within a day and walked me through the entire process. The day of my wedding it rained and we needed to move the ceremony inside at the last minute. Liz made sure that everything was setup perfectly and I never felt like I lost out on anything because of the weather. She was always there when I needed anything and often times thought of items before it even crossed my mind. I would highly recommend Groveland Fairways to any bride!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kaitlin D

Looking back on our wedding day, I can’t imagine getting married anywhere other than Groveland Fairways. Working with Jordan through the whole process was a true delight, and for someone who is very detail-orientated, I never worried about how the wedding day would go off. She... Read More or Liz was always prompt in responding to minor questions, and they made sure everything was clear from the start. All our meetings were seamless, and every detail was accounted for. Through talking with friends and guests, I realized how above and beyond Groveland Fairways goes. They handled all the day-of logistics with such ease and grace, and on our wedding day, I never was concerned about the timeline or flow. My husband and I truly enjoyed the day and were able to spend our time with guests instead of vendors. You get more than you pay for with Groveland Fairways, and Jordan and the whole team are incredible!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Amanda K

One of the best decisions I have ever made--besides saying yes to marrying my husband--was choosing Groveland Fairways as our venue! Liz, Jordan, and the entire crew made our year and half of planning exciting, easy, and stress free! Our Superhero Themed wedding was met with... Read More enthusiasm, and "no" was never a word we heard when we approached Liz with ideas. Even when the day came and our outside ceremony had to be moved inside due to rain, Liz was able to incorporate every single outdoor decoration I had purchased and made it look incredible. I already miss working with Liz and bouncing ideas back and forth with her! The venue itself is perfect! Nice and neutral to go with any theme, a beautiful outdoor space for ceremony and photos, and the option to enjoy your wedding both outside and inside! Not only is Liz an amazing coordinator, but she recommended the best of the best vendors to me! If you are looking for a venue that has it all--looks, great pricing, amazing staff, then you need to book Groveland Fairways! Our superhero dream became a reality, and our day couldn't have gone any smoother, so THANK YOU Liz and Groveland Fairways!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Meredith D

One of the best moments of our entire wedding planning process was finding Groveland Fairways. We fell in love from the moment we first saw the venue and the grounds and so much of that is thanks to Jordan who helped us through the initial meeting, expertly answering all of the... Read More questions that we had. We were then lucky enough to work with Liz throughout the remainder of the wedding planning process and I must say, she is like the fairy godmother of weddings! Liz was always so responsive to my emails and I looked forward to every meeting that I had with her. She has so much experience with weddings and used that to help me envision what my big day would look like and to assist me in areas where I had questions or concerns. On the wedding day, Liz was there every step of the way making everything go smoothly. The venue also looked so beautiful, especially the outdoor fireplace where we had the ceremony. We feel very lucky that we found Groveland Fairways.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Kristen B

So, so happy with our wedding venue!! Liz, Jordan, and their staff were incredibly attentive, accessible, and helpful during the entire process, from planning to the day of the wedding. The grounds were a beautiful setting for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, and the... Read More indoor reception space looked even better than we had imagined. Liz and Jordan took our vision and made it come to life! The entire night was seamless, our guests had a blast, and we received so many compliments on the wedding. I cannot recommend Groveland Fairways enough!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Amy B

We got married on 4/2/16 at Groveland Fairways and could not have been happier with them! One of the reasons we went with this venue is I absolutely loved Liz after our first meeting. I was contemplating another location but didn't get a good vibe from the staff. After we... Read More booked, we also met Jordan who was amazing too! They would email me back with any questions immediately and made the whole process easier. Liz made all of our meetings run smoothly and offered great suggestions. When I say they go above and beyond, you have no idea. A random goat had escaped a home nearby and Liz, Jordan and 2 other girls were outside trying to shoo him away and I'm pretty sure they had to go through mud. It was actually hysterical that a goat crashed our photo session and we took pictures with it. We got married in the fireside room and had the reception and cocktail hour in the main room. At first we were concerned about the cocktail hour not being in a separate location but it was great! Had the weather cooperated, we would have had it outside. Luckily the rain stopped and we had a bit of sunshine for our photos. Even if it did rain the whole time, the large front porch is covered and the fireside room would have also been great for formals. Most people told me they never got any of their hor dourves even though they were told some would be brought to them. Well I mentioned how I wanted to make sure I got the grilled cheese in tomato soup and Liz made sure the catering staff knew. I had a few of them directly come up to me with them to make sure I got them. I think I may have had four before turning them down! We used Vinwood catering and people raved about the beef tips! We also had a macaroni and cheese bar for late night snack which was amazing. Every detail was planned out by the staff and Liz and Jordan are incredible to work with. I would recommend Groveland Fairways to anyone who would ask!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Katelynn D

I used Groveland Fairways for my wedding and I could not be any happier. The venue is beautiful from the outside ceremony area, outdoor stone fireplace, beautiful reception area and breathtakingly beautiful foyer. I also just have to say that Liz and Jordan are two of the most... Read More amazing and helpful people in the world! They were great with helping us come up with ideas, always quick to respond to questions, and made my vision for our wedding come to life more perfectly than I could have put together myself! I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to work with them and that they were able to make our special day run so smoothly!

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Kelli F

We got so many compliments on Groveland Fairways and how beautiful everything looked. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the venue! We loved the three fireplaces! Liz and Jordan were amazing to work with throughout the wedding planning process and they went above and... Read More beyond to ensure that our wedding day was perfect.

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Held my sister's wedding here and it was amazing! The staff is so helpful and willing to help with the entire planning process! Venue is so beautiful and perfect for a wedding. The catering company we found through them was also awesome, everyone loved everything! Couldn't... Read More imagine the wedding going smoother and the staff at Groveland Fairways (specifically Liz and Jordan) was definitely the main reason for that!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Lisa C

I came across Groveland Fairways while searching for venues online. I have lived a couple of towns over for my entire life and never even knew it existed. The pictures I saw were gorgeous, and exactly what I was looking for. The venue has a very cozy vibe as soon as you enter.... Read More It is like entering someone's home. The event coordinators, Liz and Jordan are just as welcoming as the place itself. They were absolutely amazing every step of the way. There was never a moment where I felt overwhelmed or underprepared. They assured me that everything was going to be perfect. And it absolutely was! It was the best day and everyone had a wonderful time. I don't think I am capable of writing a review as well as Groveland Fairways deserves. If you are looking for a conveniently located, beautifully decorated, large comfortable venue with both indoor/outdoor spaces and an amazing staff to help you with all of your event desires...look no further. You've found it!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Shawna H

Absolutely the best experience a bride could ask for! Liz and Jordan are amazing at what they do! The first time we went to visit Groveland Fairways we pulled up and my husband said this is the place I can feel it! From the front porch, to the ceremony room, to the outside... Read More patio, everything was beautiful! Liz and Jordan were always quick with answering and email or phone call. They also made sure nothing was left out! Guest are still commenting on our wedding and venue. I honestly could not have planned our wedding without the thoughtfulness and kindness that we got from Liz and Jordan. Still to this day I can not thank these ladies enough times for making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Lauren V

I got married on 10/17/15 and could not have asked for a better wedding or Venue! I was given compliments all night by how smoothly the night had gone! That is all due to Liz and her amazing team at Groveland Fairways! They truly work hard to make sure everything goes exactly as... Read More you pictured it. I couldn’t believe it when I walked through the doors and saw all of my ideas come to life! The staff really took their time to turn the space into my perfect wedding. The Fairways is a venue like no other. You walk in and you immediately feel like you are in a warm cozy home…but with an amazing bar and awesome fire places and gardens! The ceremony space outside is beautiful and there are so many places to take pictures. The dance floor was the perfect size and it was great to have the cocktail hour in the fireside room. One of the main reasons I chose Groveland Fairways was because of their ability to have a ceremony onside and have it either outside or inside. I was able to meet with Liz several times prior to the wedding to go over all the details and she was always there with any questions or concerns I had…such as her help with the amazing Washington apple signature drink with cinnamon sugar on the rim! I don’t have one bad thing to say about this Venue or the staff. I highly suggest having your wedding here. Your guests will feel relaxed and I promise they will have the best time of the year!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Danielle D

Everything was perfect! <3 Thanks to Liz and Jordan every little detail was executed with out a flaw. Our wedding day was perfect from inside to out. They both allowed us to be creative and assisted with the overall feel of our wedding day. We credited a feel that was a... Read More little country, rustic, classic , and Irish. We were able to have a relaxed feel with the fire burning out back, custom corn hole boards in the grass, and tiki torches lining the brick paths. The catering company (Vinwood) provided a great spread of all top notch food including a s'mores station out back for dessert. We had food stations and tailored it perfectly to the feel we were looking for with Groveland's professional input. We had an open bar as well and the event drink was a John Daly cocktail which everyone raved about. We can't thank Groveland enough, but having specialized wedding planners like Liz and Jordan absolutely made the difference in our special day. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your extra help!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015

I planned my wedding from overseas and had my mother go in to look at booking Groveland Fairways for a September wedding. The priorities for our wedding were for everyone to have good food, good drinks, dance and have fun. I wanted it to have an easy feel and it was all made... Read More possible because of the staff at Groveland Fairways. My Mother loved the venue the second she stepped foot in it and absolutely raved about Liz. We immediately booked the venue and I arrived home 5 months later and had a meet and greet with Jordan who was equally as delightful! The planning process can be quite daunting as a lot of stuff is reserved a year or more in advance and then its crickets up until a couple months before the big day….HELLO ANXIETY! Anyway, Jordan and Liz answered all of my emails very quickly and always set my mind at ease, even when my Fathers girlfriend showed up in WHITE the day of MY wedding! OH HELL NO. Liz and Jordan made sure champagne and cosmos were rushed to my side so that I could calm down before walking down the aisle. The rest of the night went smoothly and we had an absolute blast! The venue is spacious yet has a homey feel, great acoustics, clean and beautiful! Gorgeous courtyard with fireplace outside too! You will not regret having your big day here!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

I would highly recommend Groveland Fairways as a wedding venue! My fiance and I randomly came across the venue while searching and we are so happy that we did. Liz and her team are amazing! Their professionalism, attention to detail and kindness made our wedding day perfect.... Read More We really felt that they cared about us and wanted our day to be flawless. Our family and friends continue to say how much they enjoyed themselves at our wedding and how great the venue was. The ability to have a back up plan if the weather was bad really calmed our nerves (luckily we had our ceremony and cocktail hour outside!). I cannot say a negative thing about Groveland Fairways and I will definitely be recommending this venue to future brides and grooms.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Rachael B

The venue is beautiful and roomy. Liz and Jordan are so helpful and accommodating. Everyone commented on how wonderful it was and how nice all the employees were.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Shannon K

Groveland Fairways surpassed our expectations in every way, and we are so glad we chose this lovely venue. Beyond the beautiful setting, it really is the people that make this place stand out. Liz and Jordan were professional, knowledgeable and so helpful with advice and... Read More planning tips leading up to the wedding. On the day of, Jordan handled everything wonderfully, keeping all the events on track. She even made some great suggestions for our reception entrance and photos. Everyone was so impressed with her. I had so much fun at my wedding. I wasn't worried about a thing, since I knew I was in good hands with Jordan and the team at Groveland Fairways. I can't recommend this place enough!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Julianne g

What can I say... Groveland fairways, Liz and Jordan were nothing short than amazing. I did not get a wedding planner and asked for their help a lot and they were always there to help me through out the process. Our wedding day was picture perfect and while I was hoping to have... Read More it outside the weather did not allow that. I can't say enough good things about Groveland fairways everyone loved it. I will be referring everyone I know there. Thank you Liz and Jordan for all you did. I truly appreciate it more than you will ever know

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Jamie T

From the moment my then Fiance Mike and I walked into Groveland fairways we knew this was the place we would get married. We had been to see a few other venues but none of them gave us the feeling that Groveland did. Liz was incredibly helpful with all the planning even when I... Read More started to get a bit stressed she was there to assure me that everything would be fine. And when Liz was ready to have her adorable little baby, Jordan stepped right in and the combination of the two of them exceeded our expectations. We have so many wonderful memories filled with laughter, tears and SNOW! (which made for fabulous photo's) We can't thank Groveland Fairways enough and we Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding Venue. Mr & Mrs Michael Joyner Married 2-21-2015