Book Your Wedding with Guy's Party Center

A BALLROOM IN AKRON, OH

Centrally located in Akron, Ohio, Guy's Party Center is a charming, full-service wedding reception venue. This 'one stop shop' takes care of everything, from catering to centerpieces, for ultimate convenience and smooth service. Couples choose from three beautifully decorated ballrooms to entertain up to 425 guests:

The North Ballroom is the height of modern elegance and unique design. A striking multi-level ceiling features sleek minimalist tiling, impressive 3D designs, garlands of romantic fairy lights and stunning draped chandeliers. Natural light streams through the arched windows and cellular shades, giving the room an extra glow. Up to 400 guests can enjoy cocktails from the bar, topped with hard-crafted tile, before partying the night away on the uplit dance floor.

With the iconic grand foyer, inclined ceiling, oak trim and century-old stained-glass windows, it's no wonder the South Ballroom is a customer favorite. Twinkle lights and chandeliers illuminate the oval oak dance floor at the heart of the room. This is Guy's Party Center's largest space, seating up to 425 people.

Seating up to 150 guests, the Central Ballroom is the most intimate and unique. A warm brick feature wall is adorned with vintage black-and-white photography capturing downtown Akron, a heartwarming tribute to locals and an interesting feature for out-of-town guests. The charming bar area is modeled as a comfy neighborhood pub, with the added elegance of chandeliers and twinkle lights.

Guy's Party Center offers two options of food catering menus, either buffet-style or a sit-down dinner. Each ballroom includes a full-service bar, to be tended for the event. The North and South Ballrooms require a 200-guest minimum on Saturday, 150 minimum on Friday and the minimum for the Central Ballroom is 75 guests. Prices include tax and gratuity.

Five-hour event packages include:

• Dinner and classic bar
  • White chair covers for the bridal party table
  • Crystal candle-holder centerpieces for guest tables
  • China, linens and silverware
  • Cake cutting and serving

The bridal party's reception table is personalized with glowing twinkle lights, candles, silk flowers and sophisticated table-skirting. Chair covers and sashes are available to rent. Each ballroom is fully wheelchair accessible and has a separate entrance and bathroom.

Guy's Party Center is located conveniently close to Akron Fulton International Airport for out-of-town guests. A few additional perks include:

• Discounts for Friday and off-season events (January–April and November)
  • A Top Shelf Bar upgrade
  • Fruit-infused water dispenser
  • Complimentary champagne toast for bridal party and parents' table
  • Wishing well
  • White chair covers for all guests
  • Sashes and up-lights are available to rent

We Take the Worry out of your Wedding Day!

Guy’s Party Center is family owned and operated and proud to be Akron’s premier event venue to celebrate that special day since 1981! From Wedding Ceremony to Reception, we’ll make your special event one you and your guests will always remember. We are passionate about providing the FULL SERVICE experience that is both distinctive and remarkable. Our banquet facility features 3 spacious ballrooms each with a warm, intimate atmosphere, dance floor, elegant décor, fully functional bar and DJ stage; with guest seating options from 50 to 350. Each ballroom has it’s own entrance with a foyer area and set of bathrooms. Our goal is to focus on the details, ensuring your wedding day runs smoothly from start to finish.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

500 E Waterloo Rd, Akron, OH (330) 724-6373

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Meagan P

Both my husband and I have been to weddings at this location prior to being engaged, so we knew right away it would be on our list to visit when we got engaged. I can't say enough positive things about Christine - the event coordinator. She was approachable, professional, detail... Read More oriented, calm and reassuring, and had a lot to do with the overall success of our wedding. Guys took care of everything for us - I took all of our decorations (it was a NYE wedding so there were a TON) the days before the wedding. Christine set up the entire reception EXACTLY how I asked her to. It was beautiful. Not having to trek down there on my wedding day made the day so much more enjoyable and intimate for me and my family. The staff was unbelievable. We never had to ask for water or a plate to be picked up - they were right there when we needed them. They were courteous and professional to our guests and truly helped everything go smoothly. We also had our ceremony there - something brides should consider! Was awesome not having to worry about guests driving between two locations. I truly believe Guys Party Center offers the best packages price-wise and quality wise. We continue to get compliments on how beautiful the ballroom was and how delicious the food was (wishing I ate more that night!) I highly recommend this facility. Thank you, Guys, for making my wedding perfect. You will always have a special place in our hearts!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Rachelle H

our reception was absolutely beautiful and the staff was awesome! From meeting with them and giving them the details of what we wanted, to dropping off our items to be set up how we wanted, and walking in to see not only everything to perfection but their own little touch was... Read More added and made it that much more beautiful. they even gave us an extra side dish at our buffet that everyone LOVED. and at the end of the night they assisted with the tear down and loading of all our items we brought in and also gave us a to go bag of food and a bottle of champagne to take with us to our hotel. I cannot say enough great things about this venue. they did an AWESOME job!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Amanda B

We had our wedding reception 8/25/2017 in the south ballroom and everything was absolutely perfect! Between the decor Guy's supplied and what we brought in, everything was set up beautifully- they truly did an amazing job! The food was also WONDERFUL! Every staff member was so... Read More helpful and during the reception everyone was positive and upbeat the entire night. I highly recommend Guy's Party Center!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Katie M

Guys Party Center was the perfect place for our wedding Reception. We loved the dance floor and bar. The service there was exceptional! We got compliments from all of our guests on their delicious food! They set up and tear down for you which takes a huge weight off of the... Read More bride/groom and their families and bridal party.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Katie J

Guy's was fantastic! I worked closely with Christine and she was very communicative and helpful. I did bring in my own centerpieces and decor and make very detailed notes on how to set everything up and provided pictures of mock setups I had done earlier. When I arrived at... Read More our reception, everything was just how I imagined! We had around 140ish people in the North Ballroom and it worked perfectly. The staff was very attentive and nothing went wrong. We had a buffet and the food was great! Guy's did set up and tear down and that went smoothly. Dropping off and picking up decor went perfectly - perhaps less than 10 minutes each time. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Claudia M

We had our wedding reception in the South Ballroom on November 12, 2016. And it was wonderful! The thing that stood out to me first was how beautiful the room is. We loved the blue uplighting, the lights above the dance floor, the stained glass behind the head table area, and... Read More the layout of the room. We hardly had to do any of our own decorating because the room was beautiful all on its own. That way, we were able to focus on just the personal touches that made our day our own. The staff was nothing but helpful during our planning process. We worked mainly with Christine and with Lori. Both were super nice and responsive. I emailed questions often and I always received quick replies. All of our guests said the service was great and the food too. Compared to other venues we looked at, Guys is also reasonably priced. The icing on the cake! Thank you for a great experience! Our reception was awesome thanks to you "Guys"!! :)

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Brittany K

Cannot say enough good things about Guy's ! We had our reception in the south ballroom and it is just stunning ! They are extremely easy to work with. They literally do everything for you. You don't have to worry about anything ! Their prices are more than reasonable. You get... Read More excellent service. Their staff continuously checked on me to make sure I had everything I needed thought the reception. They decorate your head table to match your color scheme at no additional charge and everything ! I was beyond impressed at the service we received. Highly recommend to everyone !

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Brittany P

Perfect place for a reception. Beautiful ballrooms and decent prices. I've been here before my reception and I fell in love with the place!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

My daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception was held on 7/1/16 and I would like to commend Laurie and Christine for all their help with the reception planning! Also, the staff did an excellent job of setting up the venue and staying on top of everything to keep our guests... Read More comfortable! The food was delicious and the price was very good because you get so much with the package! The bartenders were upbeat and friendly, which was nice! After the reception, members of the staff were very helpful in assisting us with the gifts and extras which needed to be transported into my car. I appreciated them letting me pick up the leftover food, cupcakes and cookies the next morning! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We highly recommend Guy's Party Center!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Brittny M

The groom and I choose Guys, the first and last venue we even looked at, while deciding on venues. We were blown away when we first met with them, and even more after our wedding on 04-09-16. Guests commented several times on the amount of staff that was working, they were... Read More always there and always walking around making sure guests and the wedding party was doing okay. We planned all this from 1400 miles away, and they were great and understanding with the every week calls when the date got close. I feel like they went out of their way for a lot of things, which was greatly appreciated. I would highly recommend Guys to anyone. The price is perfect for what you get, friendly staff and so much more.

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Chelsea H

Guys Party Center was absolutely fabulous for our June 2015 wedding. They were on top of it took care of EVERYTHING making it extremely stress free! The venue is beautiful and the food was wonderful (whenever I told people our reception was at Guys, their first response was how... Read More good the food is!) The open layout is perfect for any wedding and was the cheapest I could find for food, bar, and included tips/taxes. I would recommend for everyone to have their wedding at Guys! It is truly the best.

My daughter's wedding reception

Reviewed on 4/19/2015

This venue doesn't look like much on the outside, but inside? It is BEAUTIFUL!! We were in the smaller ballroom. The decor is understated but adds to the ambiance, as does the lighting. The serving staff is professional, attentive and friendly. I had made unique... Read More centerpieces for the guest tables and the owner had no problem with us substituting them for the center's traditional ones. The food was AMAZING!! There is enough parking and it's right off a major interstate. I HIGHLY recommend this venue for a wedding reception in the Akron/Canton area!

Amazing Reception

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Kristin D

Guy's party Center was fantastic! I got married a couple weeks before in Las Vegas so we just had our reception at home. Since we were planning 2 days, we were more budget conscience. We decided to have our reception on a Friday night which saved us a ton of money. We used the... Read More North ballroom, so beautiful! We did bring in our own centerpieces. They will provide you with some but they are very outdated. The food was amazing! I think every one one of my guests told me how great it was. Bartenders were extremely friendly. The staff was awesome, so thoughtful. They packed up cookies for us before they were all gone so we had some to take home. They even put together a little to go box of sandwiches incase we went to a hotel after the reception. There was no hidden costs like a cake cutting fee and they are very accommodating of anything you want. Overall great service and great value!

A few problems, but overall Great

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Carrie L

We used the South Ballroom at Guy's. The decor is absolutely beautiful. We definitely got our moneys worth here. The bar was great, they didn't skimp on the alcohol in the drinks. We did have a few issues though. We had 3 different flavors of cake, but when it was served each... Read More table was only presented with one flavor for the whole table. Many of our guests did not know they had a different choice of flavors to choose from. I provided glass containers for a candy table packaged in boxes with paper to protect them, when they were boxed up for us to take home, they were thrown into smaller boxes without anything to protect them, luckily nothing got broken. The biggest issue was that they broke my cake topper. They glued it back together so that you couldn't tell it was broken, but they didn't even tell us that they broke it. I know they were responsible because my florist informed me that one of the employees asked her if she could cover it up with a flower or if she had any glue. The service was great though. And it was really nice that they set up everything and they took care of the clean up. At the end of the night everything was boxed up and ready for us to load into the car, including the extra food. Overall, we were happy with our choice of Guy's Party Center.

Awesome Everything

Reviewed on 12/26/2013 Hollie B

Using Guys Party Center as our reception hall was the best decision we made! They were so easy to work with. The food and the venue were amazing! Everything turned out perfect.

Amazing service

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Josh G

Guy's set up our entire reception with little to no instructions and it came out great. Service was barr-nun and food was amazing.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Kelli H

Guys Party Center was absolutely the best choice in Reception halls. It was beautiful, exactly what we wanted with stained glass, beautiful lights. It was so romantic! The food was absolutely delicious. The staff worked hard and just flowed so effortlessly around that you almost... Read More didn't even know they were there. They did all the setup for us...exactly how we asked and answered questions quickly at any time. They were just a joy to work with and made our day so special.

Amazing Site!

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Ashley M

Didn't have to provide anything. They even provided a box for cards and center pieces!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Lindsay M

We had the best experience! They were wonderful with the planning process and were willing to set everything up for us so we didn't have to worry about a thing! The food was absolutely delicious and all of our guests raved about it! The bartenders were friendly and professional.... Read More The atmosphere was romantic and everyone enjoyed themselves. Guys was the best value around and I know our guests were blown away. You will not be disappointed going with Guys Party Center! I wish we had a good excuse to throw a fabulous party there again. We appreciate them so much.

Fantastic Do-Everything-For-You Venue!

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Elizabeth F

Guy's did a fantastic job for our reception. Everything that we asked them to set up (escort cards, memorial table, decorations) was perfectly placed. They met with us before the event to go over what things we needed to bring and even gave us a checklist so we wouldn't forget... Read More anything. The food and service was amazing! I know many of our guests went up for seconds and thirds at the buffet. When we ended up having far fewer than the minimum required, they threw in chair covers and chair ribbons for free to make up the difference which was very nice. Overall, we had a great experience with Guy's. Afterwards my husband and I were both impressed with the smoothness of the night and that everything played out just perfectly. We would recommend them to anyone having a wedding or other special occasion!

love this place!

Reviewed on 11/25/2012 Katie D

Guy's is by far the best value. The staff before and during my reception were amazing! I would recommend this place to anybody. Great food, staff, ambiance. Great night!

Loved it!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Anamarie B

Guy's was so helpful every step of the way for us. I called all the time and asked a million questions and they were so helpful and nice everytime. They also have a lot of free decorations and no extra fees. Gorgeous room as well!

Loved Guys party Center!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Amanda S

Guys did an excellent job from helping me get organized to putting all the final touches on the candy buffet and tables. I never had to worry about a thing. The food was AMAZING!!! everyone is still talking about it. Highly recommend this venue

Guy's

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Tammy G

Great food, location, and price!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Liz F

We had our reception at Guy's this August. The food was great and the facility was clean and spacious. Decor was in good shape and was just what we were looking for! They took the time to honor our requests and set things up the way we wanted, including our centerpieces. The... Read More food was excellent and we received many compliments about the entire reception. My only complaints were that in order to sample the food, we had to pick up the lukewarm food in to-go containers. The food was not great when we sampled it (we almost second guessed the venue because of it), but excellent at our reception. Also, at our reception we felt that they took part of the buffet away too soon. There were two food carts and they removed one immediately after the last plate was filled, even though there was plenty left and people could have wanted seconds.