Hair Artistry by Hilary

Available for travel anywhere in Colorado and the U.S

Romantic style

Hilary has been in the wedding industry since 2002 and has been the in house stylist for Wilhelmina Denver since 2010. Hilary can create any style you are looking for. She loves to continually reinvent unique, classic to glamorous styles for her brides that will set them apart from the rest.

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Denver, CO Available for travel anywhere in Colorado and the U.S

Hilary is a godsend

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Stevie l

Hilary is extremely professional, talented, and efficient. Not only did Hilary arrive 10 minutes before her scheduled time in order to start hair promptly at 10:00 AM, she was about 30 minutes ahead of schedule the whole day. For a bride, it is such a relief to know you are... Read More ahead of time when the day is running on a tight schedule. She finished 3 bridesmaids, a flower girl, and my mother within 3 hours and kindly waited another hour for me to finish my makeup before she did my hair. The best part about Hilary is that she cares about the bride beyond the day of. I called her salon in a panic less than a week before my wedding because my scheduled highlights with my usual colorist did not go well. She rearranged her entire schedule the week before to accommodate my concerns and get me in for highlights right before my wedding. Had it not been for her, my hair would have not looked as beautiful as it did the day of. Guests kept commenting the entire night how gorgeous I looked, thanks to Hilary. I will be visiting her for now on for all my future hair needs!

AMAZING STYLIST!!!

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Monica D

Hilary was one of the best people that I worked with for our wedding. She replied promptly to my initial request for a consultation and was very friendly. After meeting with her for the practice trial to discuss what I would like and the ideal hairstyle I wanted, she went... Read More straight to work and the outcome was perfect! Combining both her creative styling (which is why I contacted her first and foremost) and my comments for the look I asked for, I was completely happy with the trial consultation; even wondering if it would be hard to get the same effect on our actual wedding day. Hillary was so accommodating when it came closer to the big day and after meeting me at the hotel, she calmed my nerves because I had one less thing to worry about knowing she would take care of my styling and complete my bridal look. I was so happy with the finished style, and throughout the day, I had so many compliments about it! I can't thank Hilary enough for working with me and would highly recommend her to any bride wishing to look beautiful on her big day!

Incredible, Flexible, and Fun

Reviewed on 12/29/2013 Julia M

Hilary was my stylist for my ranch wedding in August. She did my friend's hair for her wedding, so I was confident she would do a great job. We did our initial trial, which went very well. Not only did my hair look great and have the look that I wanted, but she was easy to... Read More talk to, which makes the entire experience much more fun. When my wedding day rolled around, she showed up on time and ready to go (despite the venue being 3 hours from Denver). We decided to make a last minute change from the hair trial, and she executed perfectly, even without having tried this style on me before. She also did my bridesmaids hair. A few of them were a little picky, and she made every effort to make sure they loved their do's, even though they weren't the bride :) She also had to work with a birdcage veil and my grandmother's hairpin, which came out great when it was all put together. I ended up leaving the birdcage it through the entire reception - it never budged and my hair held up the entire night. I was absolutely in love with my look, and still get comments 4 months later about how great my hair looked. I would hands down recommend Hilary to anyone needing a hair stylist for their wedding or another special day.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jessica A

Hilary did my hair, my sisters (MOH) and my mothers hair for my wedding day. I knew immediately after my trial that she was the one I wanted to do my hair! She was able to tie together a few different looks I had shown her into one and it was perfect! She also did exactly... Read More what my sister was wanting, a half up and half down, and it was beautiful! She even helped recommend someone for my makeup and together they were a great team! Hilary was so nice and really made getting ready for walking down the aisle that much more relaxing and fun for me!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Brigitte R

Hilary was absolutely amazing and made me, as the bride, feel so at ease the morning of my wedding. She was early, go with the flow, and did an amazing job with my hair and my attendant's hair. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is needing a stylist for her wedding or... Read More event.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Jennifer A

Hilary was absolutely amazing. She's super easy to work with and her work is fantastic. She shows up early, is flexible with changes and made the process easy and fun. I loved the ladies and my hair. Thank you, thank you, thank you Hilary!! Jen

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Michelle P

Hilary was nothing short of amazing my wedding day. My hair was perfection as was my bridesmaids. I had a few bridesmaids with hair that falls quickly. ( One of my bridesmaids hair had fallen by the time of her own wedding ceremony after having it professionally done.) Both of... Read More their hair stayed curled even through to the next morning. My hair was everything I asked for. She is quick as well so it doesn't take hours for your hair on your wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone looking for amazing hair on their wedding day. She was affordable as well given the market!! Thanks Hilary!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Jennifer O

Hilary is AMAZING!! OMG she gave me my dream hair and truly almost every single guest at the wedding said how gorgeous my hair was and how much they loved it. Words such as "Greek goddess" were used, if that helps. She is super friendly and very professional, will do anything... Read More you like and help you find something if you don't know what you want. Truly a rockstar, you must have her!!! Also VERY reasonably priced.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Fay N

Hilary did an absolutely amazing job for our elopement. I had no idea what I was doing with my hair or how to achieve the look I wanted, so it meant the world to me that she was so patient and took the time to explain exactly how we could do the look that I had found and... Read More customize it just for me. I would have absolutely loved to have had her for my reception as well, but she books fast, so call as soon as you can to get on her schedule.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jessica S

Hilary was so amazing! I had come to her with my idea of hair style for my wedding day and she not only exicited my vision, but she exceeded it! I would recommend her a thousand times over. Thank you hilary for making my wedding day hair more beautiful than I could have... Read More imagined.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jessica S

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Piper S

Hilary did an outspend job on my hair. Being a women of color Im always a bit nervous having someone do my hair. But all fears were gone after my hair trial. She was able to make me look and feel amazing! Hilary also did my MOH hair and my daughter. Everyone looked and felt... Read More amazing.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Abbee d

Hilary was awesome! She did such a wonderful job on my hair for my special day. As soon as I told her what I wanted, she knew exactly what to do. She made my hair look so beautiful - I got so many compliments throughout the night. I couldn't of asked for a better stylist!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Alba R

I am so happy that I used Hilary for me and my ladies hair on my wedding day. I got married in Vail, Colorado. She arrived early and was ahead of schedule for everyone and did touch-ups before leaving. She even gave recommendations to my mom and now mother-in-law for their hair... Read More because they didn't know exactly what they wanted. To whoever is considering Hilary, I can only say that you will not be disappointed for choosing her. I also recommend doing a hair trial, not because she can't achieve what you want but so you know that what hairstyle you chose looks best for you. I was so happy with my hair trial and so on the wedding day I just let her work her magic.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Emily M

Hilary was amazing! We got married up in Grand Lake, CO and she didn't bat an eye asking her to drive up early in the morning on Saturday. She was patient with all of my bridesmaids and the results were absolutely outstanding! I had a vision for my hair that she helped create... Read More and completely exceeded my expectations!! She is a true artist and I would recommend her over and over again to any bride looking for stunning wedding day hair!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Ellen W

Hilary is amazing! She worked with me to create the perfect wedding day hair style even though I didn't quite know what I wanted to begin with. Scheduling was super easy and Hilary was very quick to respond to emails. Then when the big day came, she was on time and we were all... Read More on schedule! My bridesmaids also loved their hair styles! My now sister in law tried to get me to recreate her hair style for the wedding we went to next weekend. Haha! I tried my best! I am so excited to see Hilary again whether it is planning my next hip hair cut or for a special event. I cannot recommend Hilary more. She is all around THE BEST!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Maya G

Hilary is not only the most talented hair wizard but the nicest, most flexible person to work with for your big day! With little to no direction Hilary was able to sense exactly what I wanted in an up-do and make me look better than I ever have! Hilary also did my mom and... Read More sister's hair so beautifully. I drove her nuts with rescheduling and Hilary was super nice about it and just amazing all around. If you're looking for a hair artist who can style you to look classy and gorgeous - Hilary is a no brainer!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Katelyn S

Hilary did such an amazing job. I am a hairstylist myself so finding someone to do my hair was quite the chore. She was so professional, kind and awesome! I had so many compliments all night and she made me feel so beautiful! If you choose her you'll be in the best hands!!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

I'm so thankful for Hilary and her talent! She is who you want for your wedding day hair and for any special occasion. Her attention to specific requests is excellent and the hairstyles she creates are stunning. I was delighted beyond measure. Hilary is genuine, has a... Read More delightful personality, listens attentively, and has a calming presence. She has high expectations for herself and her work...it is obvious she wants to make her clients happy. Hilary, thank you!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Abby L

Hilary --- She is truly a masterful artist. She was so attentive to what I wanted (and I changed my mind several times in my trial) without making you feel at all conscious about that. She is amazing at actually creating what is you describe that you want. She is VERY easy going... Read More and a pleasure. Every single girl who had her done by Hilary was beyond impressed (and we are a tough crowd). She is phenom and she truly made me feel gorgeous on my wedding day. I thought my hair would be the beauty side note, but because of how talented she is, it became a highlight!! Hilary you are wonderful! I am happy to provide a glowing 5 star review for her.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Dana H

Hilary was amazing! She was super patient with me during the trial and when I decided a week before the wedding to change my hair, she didn't even break a sweat (and pulled it off FLAWLESSLY). All of my bridesmaids loved their hair as well, and not only did they all look amazing... Read More and unique, they all stayed put for the whole night -- not an easy thing to do!! Hilary was also extremely sweet with our flower girl, and did the cutest waves and waterfall braids for her. I would recommend Hilary to any bride 100%, regardless of what your style may be; she can do it all!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Chelsea M

Hilary is absolutely amazing at what she does and so much fun to have around. For my wedding she did my hair and my five bridesmaids and everyone looked phenomenal. She was also very flexible with coming to our hotel to get started on a few girls before we were allowed to go... Read More over to the venue where she finished everyone else. I couldn't recommend her more!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Sara R

Hilary was talented, stress-free, and professional. She was easy to work with and, magically, my hair stayed in place my entire wedding day, despite a chairlift ride and blustery winds! She also very competently styled my bridesmaids' hair. She very graciously scheduled my trial... Read More for a time when I was in CO visiting family (I'm a native but live in DC, so wedding planning was tricky at times). I'd definitely recommend her and am so thankful for how everything turned out!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Jess H

Hilary has been doing my color and styles for 11 years, and when I finally got married, she was the very first vendor I booked. Hilary is undeniably talented, as she was able to create exactly what I dreamt about for my wedding style updo. The trial for my wedding style was... Read More perfect, but what I can attest to most about Hilary is the fact that I completely changed the style I wanted once she started my hair on the day of my wedding (bridezilla at her finest... Yikes). Nonetheless, my hair was raved about all night long, and I could not have chosen a more talented or more professional stylist to make my day even that much more perfect. Thank you Hilary!!! Xox, Jess

Reviewed on 8/06/2016

I had the most beautiful wedding hair thanks to Hilary. She styled my hair and headband exactly as we had planned during my trial run. She also was efficient, professional, and accommodating with the varying hair style requests from the cousin, mother, aunt, and sister-in-law... Read More that she met on the wedding day. I would highly recommend Hilary!

Hilary Matthies

Ever since Hilary was a child she had a desire to create art. After pursuing art in college, she went on to master the skill of designing hair in 2002. Mediocrity was not acceptable, so with hard work and a hunger to learn, she dove head first into the imaginative world of beauty and fashion. It wasn’t long before she was working with some of the top stylists in Colorado. Hilary has now been a master stylist at the salon Zandi K, since 2008. With the many hours of practice, and advanced classes, her career has gone to the next level by being part of the creative team at Wilhelmina Denver model