Hanover Arts and Activities Center

Ashland, VA

Book Your Wedding with Hanover Arts and Activities Center

A BALLROOM IN ASHLAND, VA

Located in downtown Ashland, Virginia, the adorable Hanover Arts and Activities Center is a sweet spot for a wedding ceremony and reception. The lovely peaked roofed building was originally built in the mid 1800s as a Baptist Church. Over the next century, two wings were added and a columned front porch were added to the structure. Today the building serves as an arts and activities center that serves the town, hosting classes, camps, performances and events.

Main Venue. Couples can rent the Hanover Arts and Activities Center for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Hanover Arts and Activities center can seat up to 150 guests for a sit down dinner reception, with room for dancing and the band or DJ. Couples often opt to exchange vows on the front lawn of the Hanover Arts and Activities Center. Couples can say, "I do," on the steps leading up to the center's double red doors, after walking down the paved walk that serves as an aisle. Guests sit on either side on chairs set up on the lawn, shaded by the trees overhead. They may also have their reception on the lawn. Tents are permitted.

Ballroom. It's also possible to hold the ceremony or reception in the Hanover Arts and Activities Center's ballroom. The large room has high ceilings and large windows curtained with slate grey curtains. The white walls and honey-colored hardwood floors make for a space that is both warm and cheerful. The ballroom has a hardwood stage that can serve as a dance floor, seating area or stage for a band.

Rental included 175 white folding chairs, 20 banquet tables and 24 round tables. The space also provides a guestbook stand and four easels. Couples will have to hire an outside caterer. A banquet license is required to serve alcohol. Couples are permitted to decorate the space as they choose. The Hanover Arts and Activities Center lets couples have the space from 9 a.m. to midnight the day of the wedding, including set-up and cleanup time. Renters are responsible for cleanup. There is a kitchen on-site. A deposit is required to save the date of the wedding. Full rental fee is due six months before the wedding. Rehearsals are available for an additional fee.

• Nearby Randolph-Macon College
  • Close to Ashland Train Station and Amtrak
  • Lamp posts for photo opportunities

Love in the Center of the Universe!

Our beautiful and historic venue is the perfect place to start your lives together and it is a place where memories have been made for over 150 years!. Featuring historic details & modern amenities, we offer a quaint setting for your special day!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue

500 S Center St, Ashland, VA (804) 798-2728

Fantastic Location for Wedding and Reception

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Catherine K

We had both the wedding (outside)and the reception/dinner (inside) at this venue. The rental cost included a full day to set up, the use of all tables and chairs (and we could have rented black tablecloths/chair covers from them for a ridiculously low price if we had wanted),... Read More and a rehearsal the night before. Communication was extremely easy, help was close by on the day of the wedding during set up, the venue makes for lovely pictures and the openness of the room allows for a great deal of creativity in how you design the look fo the wedding. Highly recommend!

So much more than you bargain for

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Jenn H

I am in love with this place. The town, the venue, and the people. My husband and I got married at this venue in November. I'm from the Richmond area and he's from a small town in Alabama. When we were looking for venues we were trying to find something that was rustic and... Read More lovely, but also something that was symbolic of his hometown as well. We found it on the railroad!!! The Center is a lovely antique venue centered in the middle of beautiful downtown Ashland. Everyone who was coming from out of town could train to Ashland and walk 2 blocks to the venue. The people were really what made this experience special. I was planning this wedding from out of town, but anytime I had questions or concerns, they were quick to answer my questions. My party went late....but they were there to lock up no questions asked. I ran short on chair covers...they had some for me to use. They just were the sweetest people. And the area is to die for. Both you friends and grandparents can have a good time.

lovely historic venue in quaint Ashland

Reviewed on 6/01/2013 angie W

This venue is very affordable (as wedding venues go) and a fantastic place to get married. We did our ceremony outside and reception inside, which worked out perfectly for April.

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 5/19/2013 Melissa B

I fell in love with the center the moment I first waked through the doors! It was everything I had ever dreamed for my wedding!

Includes many items in rental

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Stephanie C

If you love vintage and shabby chic, this is your place! They include white chairs and plenty of 4' round and 6' long banquet tables in rental. Also included in rental are easels, an arbor, and most other things you would need to decorate the center with. They have a rule of no... Read More nails or tape but there are plenty of nails already in just the right spots! I got so many complements on this venue and the person we turned it over to at the end of the night was very helpful!!!

Elegant and Charming

Reviewed on 10/16/2011 Jackie K

We loved this venue for our wedding. It was gorgeous for the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. The place really speaks for itself! Great for DIY couples because of a flexible set-up schedule. The staff was kind of difficult to get in touch with but in the end was very... Read More helpful in making our day perfect. We got great photos and the train in the middle of the vows makes for a great story down the road.

Wonderful wonderful venue!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2011 Melissa O

I absolutly loved my venue! The ceremony was outside, with the reception inside. It was beautiful I thought. I got many compliments of the place. It has history which makes the Center an even more beautiful place for a ceremony/reception. It works well for weddings of 130... Read More guests or less. The price is great, when compared to other vendors! I would recommend to any bride!

Great Location!

Reviewed on 6/05/2011 Shelly O

The center was gorgeous and a great cost! I couldn't have had more beautiful wedding pictures! It was a great value- the center included all the tables, chairs, and even an arch for our service

A Perfect and Affordable Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Stephanie G

The Hanover Arts & Activities Center, located in Ashland, VA, is a perfect wedding venue. The rental rates are extremely affordable and you have access to the facilities for most of the day on Friday, and all day on Saturday (for a Saturday wedding). They do not have any... Read More special caterers that you are required to use, and if you plan to serve alcohol you will have to apply for a one-day ABC license (which is very easy!). The building is from the 1800s and has a very simple charm. It can be decorated in tons of different ways. I highly recommend this location for both wedding ceremonies and receptions.