Reliable, Honest, Award-Winning String Quartet!

Harmony Strings is a professional String Quartet in Houston, Texas.   What sets us apart from others (aside from the number of awards & our extensive repertoire)?  This review gets straight to the point: "Since you always get the same musicians with this group no matter the event, we trusted their reviews more than some of the others that provide whatever musicians are available that day."   We have had the honor of performing for thousands of weddings over the years, and we are pleased that we have won 19 awards.  It is gratifying to be recognized for our dedication to our craft, but we honestly owe it all to our wonderful couples! Rest assured we are a professional String Quartet, not an agency, so you will be speaking directly with the musicians who will be performing at your event.

Instruments

Cello, Violin

Classical, Country, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Jessica P

Harmony Strings Quartet played at my wedding and brought tears to everyone's eyes because their music was so beautiful! They played a 30 minute prelude and then for the processional, presentation of the bride etc.. Melody was wonderful to work with and very prompt in returning... Read More emails and answering questions. Harmony Strings has a wonderful selection of contemporary and traditional songs and they will even arrange a new song for you. I chose Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones and their version of it was amazing! Melody sent me a copy of the arrangement prior to the wedding and asked if I was satisfied with it or if there was anything I'd like to change. I thought it was perfect but also though it was cool that they were open to different arrangements and really cater to your preferences! I highly recommend booking Harmony Strings for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Sarah F

Melody and her team were incredibly easy to work with! We loved their comprehensive and broad repertoire of contemporary music. Our guests enjoyed their music and we did too! They really helped to make the day super special, and we readily and wholeheartedly recommend them to... Read More others! We've already recommended Harmony Strings to my husband's cousin and her fiance for their upcoming wedding. Thank you so much :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Paula T

Thank you for creating the most beautiful, perfect wedding ambiance! The music gave us chills, so well played! We had so many wonderful comments from our guests and I am already thinking of other events that we can include Harmony Strings! Thank you for such excellence! P and... Read More G

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Allison L

The music was so beautiful and they came in and faded out so well with the whole ceremony. It was just perfect for my special day!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Katie M

Harmony Strings was absolutely wonderful to work with from beginning to end! Always easy to communicate with and helpful with any questions I had. Though I didn't meet Melody until after the wedding mass, she did such a perfect job working to coordinate with our cantor so they... Read More could accompany our own musician. Having a string quartet at my wedding mass has always been a dream of mine, and thanks to Harmony Strings it totally came true. We received so so so many compliments from all of our family and friends at how beautiful the music was - thanks y'all!!!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Kristen H

The Harmony strings were better than I ever could of imagined. The music was perfect on our wedding day and they were very easy to communicate with. Would recommend using them for a wedding.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Lauren Z

Harmony Strings did an outstanding job playing at our daughter's wedding. The entire process from booking until the ceremony was stress free. Melody truly cares that the music is exactly what you want and will work with you on choices etc. She is exceptionally polite and... Read More professional and responds to any questions very quickly. Their music was absolutely beautiful and we highly recommend them! Thank you so much Harmony Strings for being such a special part of our wedding day! :)

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Molly J

I had an incredible experience with Melody and Harmony Strings for my wedding!! Melody was extremely easy to work with. She knew what I wanted and she made it happen instantly. The communication was instant- which made planning much easier on my end. The music during the wedding... Read More was absolutely beautiful, and I've heard nothing but great feedback from my guests. I highly recommend Harmony Strings!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Whitney B

Melody is a dream to work with, and was very responsive as we sorted out the details of a playlist for her string trio to play at our July 2016 wedding. We received so many compliments on the quality of the music from our guests, and the magical tone they set for the event. They... Read More even learned one of my favorite Chopin nocturnes to play for the occasion! Since you always get the same musicians with this group no matter the event, we trusted their reviews more than some of the others that provide whatever musicians are available that day.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Ashley W

They were great! Easy to work with and worked with my vocalist. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

Harmony Strings played for the ceremony of my Daughter's wedding and during cocktail hour. They were the perfect touch to the romantic service and did a beautiful job. Melody was wonderful to work with and I would not hesitate to use them for any event in the future!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Rebecca W

There are a lot of decisions to make when planning a wedding, and the first and easiest decision for us was that we would have a string quartet play during our ceremony. We chose Harmony Strings, and they were fantastic! They played beautifully during the prelude, the ceremony... Read More and the cocktail hour, honoring all of our requests for both classical and contemporary music. Harmony Strings set the perfect tone for our recent wedding at the Parador in Houston.

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

Harmony Strings recently played for my daughter's wedding ceremony at Briscoe Manor in Richmond, TX. Melody worked with my daughter on the music selections and what they chose was absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend them if you are considering a string quartet for... Read More your wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Megan M

Harmony Strings is seriously the BEST! We had the string quartet perform at our wedding at Briscoe Manor and they were phenomenal! The acoustics there are just perfect. The strings filled the chapel with the best sound, making our day even more magical. Melody was wonderful to... Read More work with and very responsive when I need to get in touch with her. Everything was very organized from song selection to the timeline for the ceremony!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Katie R

Loved the music!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Kathleen W

Harmony Strings is the BEST choice for a string quartet! Working with Melody was an absolute pleasure. She made sure to respond to all my emails in a timely manor, they learned a custom song just for me and sent me an example of the arrangement to make sure I loved it, and most... Read More importantly they played beautifully! It really made my wedding that much more special and elegant. I could not recommend them more!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 William N

Harmony Strings was the very first vendor we booked, almost two years ahead of time. My dream was always to have a string quartet play at our wedding and the second we heard them…we had to book them. Melody and her group were amazing. She was able to answer all my questions... Read More beforehand and help me pick out music. They have a large selection ranging from classical to modern day music. The day of our wedding they arrived early and the music was amazing. They were able to play music to accommodate our wedding and with everyone walking down the aisle. We can’t thank them enough for making our wedding amazing and would recommend them any day of the week….they are by far the best string quartet in Houston!

Perfect choice!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016

Harmony Strings played during the ceremony for my daughters wedding at the Kingwood Country Club on January 16, 2016. The beautiful live music added such an elegant touch to the ceremony. Melody was so easy to work with and made the booking process and planning very easy. She... Read More made us feel like they were as happy to be a part of our night, as we were to have them for our night. I highly recommed them!

Harmony Strings- Ward/Felts Wedding 01/16/16

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

Harmony Strings played for our wedding ceremony on January 16 in Kingwood. They were amazing to work with and they sounded wonderful! They came highly recommended, and I was not disappointed. I would definitely recommend them to anyone! They were also very organized and would... Read More always respond quickly to any emails, phone calls, etc. Thank you Harmony Strings for making our ceremony perfect! Blake and Rachael Felts

Harmony Strings

Reviewed on 12/21/2015

Melody was a pleasure to work with! Music was beautiful for both the wedding and the cocktail hour.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Victoria D

These girls did an absolutely amazing job. They were bright and just flowed so well. We had a Catholic wedding and the cantor sounded so pretty singing my Responsorial psalm and Gloria. They even helped to contact my church's music director directly to make sure they got the... Read More music absolutely right for my church's flow...

Harmony Srings

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Harmony Strings created the perfect atmosphere for our wedding! We chose the 4 string quartet to begin the most beautiful wedding starting with classical music during the service, then melding into "Sinatra" style before the DJ began as we were seated for dinner. Just lovely.... Read More Very professional and helpful to get it just right! Very reasonable too! I can't wait to find another reason to use Harmony Strings again!

Made our Ceremony Special

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

The addition of a string quartet to our small (60 guests) outdoor wedding gave the ceremony an incredible special ambiance, setting a little formal tone to a simple and nature oriented ceremony. The music was beautiful. Melody couldn't have been better to work with. She was... Read More always prompt to respond and worked with us to ensure we had just what we wanted and helped us with suggestions. Everything was in writing so we always knew there were no surprises. Highly recommend them. They were absolutely wonderful!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Melody and team were amazing at my wedding. I requested 3 special songs and every time they found some way to accommodate. I highly recommend the Harmony Strings for any event, worth every dime...correction dollar.

Classy and Sophisticated

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Without a doubt, this quartet added a classiness and sophistication you can't just "buy", which made our wedding ceremony not just beautiful, but even more memorable and meaningful to all parties attending (young and old.) They enhanced an atmosphere of elegance. We chose a... Read More mostly classic repertoire of selections, from Bach to Handel and they were all played beautifully. One, "pop song" we chose -- "1000 years" -- was rendered gorgeously, as if it were from the renaissance period: even prettier than the original. In my years attending weddings, I've heard good and bad quartets, so I can say with authority that Harmony Strings is great! Beyond their skill, there is a comforting aspect to hiring them: They are one less, "unknown" in the uncertainty of wedding ceremony planning, when multiple vendors must work 'in concert' for a successful evening. Harmony Strings never missed a note!