Hawthorne House

Parkville, MO

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Kansas City couples looking for an indoor-outdoor wedding venue often turn to Hawthorne House. Located only 15 minutes from downtown Kansas City in historic Parkville, Missouri, Hawthorne House sits on 11 acres of land. The property features a carefully restored manor house over 100 years old, a lovely chapel and grounds abundant with scenic beauty. Couples who book this venue enjoy indoor and outdoor ceremonial settings and an indoor reception area.

accommodates up to 250 wedding guests. Nestled in a wooded area, the structure features a country-style exterior that beautifully complements the home's historic architecture. Design details inside the chapel include salvaged stained glass, custom-made pews, elegant light fixtures and Gothic-style windows.

area accommodates small to large guest lists up to 300 people. The outdoor aisle flows from the base of the front porch to the charming covered gazebo and guests enjoy the ceremony from chairs set up on the lawn.

inside the manor house seats up to 300 guests for a wedding reception. The space features Italian crystal chandeliers, a dance floor, a double-sided bar and a loft area. The spacious outdoor porch allows guests to enjoy beautiful views of the grounds and a breath of fresh air.

At Hawthorne House, couples receive a personal wedding coordinator who helps with the rehearsal, ceremony, reception and supervises the staff. The event staff at Hawthorne house offers years of experience with the facility to ensure a memorable wedding.

Booking Hawthorne House for a ceremony includes use of the gazebo or chapel for one hour and a wedding rehearsal. All rehearsals take place on Thursday evenings prior to scheduled ceremonies. Also included are white wooden ceremonial chairs, setup and breakdown of chairs.

Booking the Emerson Room for a reception includes use of the space for up to four hours, but extra time up to two hours is available for an additional fee. Equipment supplied includes tables, chairs, china, silver flatware, glassware, black or white table linens, white linen service, table skirts and cake service. Couples who book the Emerson Room also enjoy an efficient serving staff, office support and ample parking space for their guests.

Hawthorne House offers delicious menu packages for buffet-style and plated dinners or couples can choose a customized or farm-to-table menu. The final guest count is due 14 days in advance of the event and a final cost will be calculated at this time. The venue requires guest minimums of 100 from Sunday-Thursday, 150 on Fridays and 200 on Saturdays and holidays.

Special wedding amenities offered by Hawthorne House include:

• Elegant changing rooms for the bride and groom available six hours before the ceremony
  • A small dressing room in the chapel for last-minute grooming
  • A host of beautiful indoor and outdoor photo opportunities
  • Complimentary menu tasting
  • A backup plan for outdoor weddings in the event of rain
  • Wheelchair accessibility
  • Six hours of preparation and decorating time prior to the event

Stunning Wedding and Reception Facility

Hawthorne House is Kansas City's premier wedding and special event facility. Located on 11 beautiful acres in Parkville, Missouri, Hawthorne House has been specifically designed with your wedding needs in mind. We offer both chapel and outdoor ceremonies, as well as receptions for up to 300 guests.

Ballroom

Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

6008 NW Bell Rd, Parkville, MO (816) 505-1224

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Tanner S

This venue was PERFECT! I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone was in helping make my husband and I's special day, everything we dreamed of. The Hawthorne House made it their goal to help with everything we needed for our wedding. The food was amazing, the venue was... Read More simply beautiful, and the wedding coordinator and bartenders did a fabulous job of taking care of everyone. Hawthorne House was the perfect place for our winter wedding :)

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Amanda S

DeShawn and I ! Would recommend this venue to anyone! The staff especially Adona were amazing ! They were very accommodating it was very important to us to get married outside and we had pop up showers throughout the day and they were able to make our day perfect ! Thank you... Read More Hawthorne House!!! From Amanda

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Courtney R

I cannot recommend Hawthorne House enough. From the big ideas down to the small details, everything was covered. Irene is an exceptional owner, incredible chef, and organizer extraordinaire. Adonna did an impeccable job running everything the week of the wedding. Hawthorne... Read More House is my top choice for venues in the Greater Kansas City area, no question!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Lindsay F

The Hawthorne House was a wonderful place to get married and have our reception. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and reminds me of an East Coast home. The staff was incredible along the way, and the wedding coordinators are so helpful. Our day was so wonderful thanks to... Read More them!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Jeff M

The Hawthorne house was great for our wedding and reception. Della was extremely nice and helpful throughout the whole process. Angie was our coordinator and she did wonderful. She even went as far as to clean my wife’s dress for a good ten minutes after spotting a stain. The... Read More property was outstanding, we had an outside ceremony, but they kept assuring us if the weather went south they could have to chapel ready in no time which was very good to hear. The entire staff made our day enjoyable and easier. All night we were receiving compliments on the event.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Ashley D

We loved this location since the chapel/gazebo for a ceremony is yards away from the reception hall. You also can benefit from being on-site all day with the bride/groom suite suitable for getting everyone ready all in one place! The only drawback is the rigid pricing and... Read More expense of the venue. For the convenience factor, it may be worth it - but I wish they were more reasonable on prices for food and alcohol since you are required to use them.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Teia E

Wow, wow, WOW! I just got married at the Hawthorne House on Sunday, September 4, 2016. From the very first encounter to the very last the associates of the Hawthorne House were amazing! I cannot say enough good things about them. I loved everything about my wedding at the... Read More Hawthorne House. It may be a litter pricer than other venues but I can honestly say it was worth every penny spent. The HH team not only treated my husband and I with the best service but everyone they encountered. I had several guests at my wedding compliment me on how nice, friendly & accomodating everyone was throughout the wedding. Della and Angie, our Reception Coordinator, were stellar! I couldn't have asked or hoped for better ladies to work with. I would pick the Hawthorne House a million times over as the place to have my wedding and reception. 10,000 thumbs up! Thank you, Hawthorne House!!!!

2016-09-20T12:24:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you had wonderful experience with us. We enjoyed working with you & wish you nothing but the best in love & happiness!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Melanie H

My husband and I got married here on August 13, and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. I got so many compliments on the venue, and how beautiful is looked. The grounds are kept so nice, especially during the heat of the summer, and the grass was green and beautiful... Read More and the flowers planted around the venue looked fresh as well. Della and Adonna were so incredibly helpful throughout the whole planning process - it really showed on the day of the wedding! Everything went so smoothly - it was truly a stress free day! This venue was perfect in every way - you won't be disappointed!

2016-09-20T12:22:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you had a smooth & stress free day! We enjoyed working with you & wish you all the love & happiness!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Alexandria R

I got married this August and it was a beautiful day. When I first saw the church that is located on the grounds, I couldn't get it out of my mind, it was exactly what I had always envisioned for my wedding day. The venue was so classic and elegant, I know it will look good in... Read More the photos we took 30 years from now. The food was delicious there and we were given plenty of compliments. However, one of the best things about the day was our wedding coordinator who came with our booking. She made sure everything was moving along according to plan, which took a lot of the stress of of me. She was even there to help bustle my dress when that was proving to be an issue. The staff acted with professionalism the entire way and helped me have a stress-free wedding day in a beautiful area. Wouldn't have wanted to get married anywhere else.

2016-09-20T12:19:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are happy to have been there for you all the way! We hope you had the wedding of your dreams. We enjoyed working with you. Best wishes in love & happiness!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Thomas S

I could not be happier with our experience at the Hawthorne House. Della was amazing to work with. They were easy to communicate with and everything ran perfectly on our wedding day. The venue was so beautiful and I have nothing but good things to say about this venue and its... Read More staff.

2016-09-20T12:16:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! We enjoyed working with you and wish you nothing but the best in love & happiness!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Taylor C

Holy amazing Hawthorne House made my wedding what it was. The staff is so friendly and knowledgeable I would recommend it based on them alone! Hawthorne house is THE perfect venue in KC, I searched long and hard for something affordable and not a barn and as soon as I arrived... Read More at Hawthorne House I fell in love (and so did my husband, who had not opinion about anything wedding related). Having the outdoor and indoor options saved my wedding day because we almost had to move inside at the last minute. Seriously, stop searching and go take a look because you've found your dream wedding venue (and staff) here!

2016-09-20T12:17:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to have given you the wedding of your dreams! We enjoyed working with you. Wishing you all the best in love & happiness!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Brooke R

My husband and I were just married this June. We heard nothing but positive comments on the grounds and overall appearance of the venue. The Hawthorne House is truly a hidden gem - providing an intimate setting for our wedding day. It was more than we could have ever hoped for.

2016-09-20T12:18:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your sweet review! We enjoyed working with you and hope you had the wedding of your dreams. Wishing you all the best in love & happiness!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

My husband and I were repeatedly complimented on how beautiful and enjoyable our wedding was. The Hawthorne House and staff held to their promise of keeping the day stress free for our family and the rest of those involved in creating our big day. The Hawthorne House was worth... Read More the cost and we would highly reccomed the simply elegant venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Kaitlyn O

My husband and I got married here in February 2016 and it was just wonderful! The staff took extra good care of us and help us make the day go very smoothly. The chapel and the house are so breathe taking that you really didn't need to over do it on the decor, which made... Read More planning easy! The best thing about this venue was that it was an all in one package - you could get ready at the venue, you took pictures at the venue, got married on site, and you had dinner and the reception at the venue! There was no need to go anywhere that day. Thanks so much Hawthorne House for making our special day just amazing!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Abbey B

My husband and I are still in awe at how wonderful our wedding was at the Hawthorne House. Our guests loved everything that the venue had to offer from the lovely chapel, outdoor cocktail hour, plentiful drinks, delicious food and beautiful reception area. The venue has a great... Read More bride and groom getting ready room! The staff though is what put this venue over the top. Each person we spoke with from the Hawthorne House was accommodating, timely and just fantastic to work with. They truly provided my family with a dream wedding...we could not be happier!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

I would highly recommend this venue to all couples wanting a fairy tale wedding. The venue is beautiful, offering both indoor and outdoor ceremony options, as well as a ton of picturesque photo settings. The reception room is gorgeous and the staff is extremely friendly and... Read More always eager to help. I can't say enough wonderful things. Thank you, Hawthorne House!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Stevie S

I got married April 30th this year and The Hawthorne House is the best. Their service was impeccable and how quickly they responded to emails was so nice. They were beyond helpful. Their food is top notch and the grounds are just breathtaking. The venue is so beautiful and... Read More clean. My dream was made come true with the help of The Hawthorne House. It was the best day ever!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Kelli H

Our entire experience with The Hawthorne House was first class! Everything was planned carefully and executed meticulously. The venue is absolutely stunning and the food and service was perfect. They really make your wedding/reception planning stress-free because they take care... Read More of just about everything. HIGHLY recommended for ceremony, reception or both!!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Maggie M

We got married this past November and I feel as though I could never write a good enough review to do them Justice. I can't imagine ever having a wedding anywhere else. It was beyond perfect.. Our dream wedding. Della and Adonna were amazing and made everything STRESS free!!!!... Read More The venue was perfect, they went above and beyond for us. The food was beyond amazing. I still have people telling me how much they loved our venue and the food :) the Hawthorne House is the most perfect place to hold your wedding..

Reviewed on 3/20/2016

My daughter got married at The Hawthorne House last weekend. The venue was beautiful and the service was amazing. Everyone was very helpful and kind. My only caution would be to check the cost of each food item as they are charged ala carte. The food was definitely worth the... Read More cost though! It was delicious, and the staff worked hard to make sure that the evening went well!

Reviewed on 3/19/2016 Danielle J

My husband I got married last fall at the Hawthorne House and we absolutely loved it. The venue was stunning, the food was delicious, and the staff were so kind and helpful! We couldn't have asked for a more special day. We are so thankful to everyone at Hawthorne House for... Read More making our day everything we had dreamed of! We still receive compliments from guests about how wonderful Hawthorne House was. Excellent venue!

Reviewed on 2/21/2016 Claire H

My husband, family, and myself were VERY happy with the Hawthorne House! We loved the venue and loved the staff. Adonna made our day so smooth and relaxing! Since our wedding we have had SEVERAL people say it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had been to in a long... Read More time! Thank you Hawthorne House for making our wedding day so memorable! Not just for us, but for our families and friends!

Could not have been happier with our decision!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Lea M

My husband lived 1200 miles away when I was searching for our wedding venue so my father went every where with me to help make a decision. We went to around 15 venues and felt that all of them were just so-so. Either their yard needed to be better kept, their carpets needed to... Read More replaced, and so on. We kept finding reasons to not use them. When we finally pulled up to the Hawthorne House, we just couldn't believe how beautiful and well-kept it was. Then when we walked in there was no turning back. We couldn't imagine celebrating with our friends and family anywhere else- it was perfect. THEN, we met Della and fell absolutely in love with her. We booked our date that day and we could not have been happier with our decision. Between Della and Adona, every question we had about planning a wedding (which was a lot) was answered very quickly and always with additional, helpful advice. There was not a single hiccup in the day because of them! Not to mention the food was amazing and the service was perfect. If my husband and I had to do it all over again there is no question in my mind that we would choose Hawthorne House. They took care of us better than anyone could have through the entire process.

Dream come true

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Karie P

It is hard to put into words what Hawthorne House was to me on my wedding day. It was more than just the venue, the staff really knows how to make you feel special and they help you every step of the way! From the moment I first saw the venue, I knew I had to get married... Read More there. The venue itself is beautiful. It has a charming chapel on the property, which I loved since I always wanted to get married in a church! The reception building is perfect for any size wedding and works well with any color pallet. We had about 100 people and filled the space well, but I've seen pictures where they had 300 people and it works for that as well. The venue has so much to offer and so many different ways to accommodate your wedding dreams. So all that being said, the venue itself earns the 5 star rating, but then you have a staff that really knows what they are doing and wants to help make your day everything you always dreamed of. I met with Della to see the venue and she is the sweetest lady. She helped my fiancé and me brainstorm ideas, told us what works best in this venue and what she has seen before that hasn't worked out well. She took the time to look at my pictures of ideas and helped me modify ideas to work better. She let me come up to the venue as many times as I wanted so that I could try out my centerpieces on tables and make sure everything I was making for the wedding was going to ultimately work in the spaces I hoped for. She really made me feel like I was important and still does. I can't wait to bring the pictures from our wedding back up there to show her! Adonna was also wonderful. We met with her closer to the wedding and she was our wedding coordinator for the big day. She took time to go over every detail and plan the schedule for the big day. This was helpful for me to finalize the day of schedule, but it also let her know what we were wanting to happen that day so that she could ensure it all went smoothly. When our wedding day came, I was so excited to have Della with me in the morning to make sure everything was all set up the way we wanted, and then Adonna came and made sure the wedding went exactly how we wanted. I couldn't have done it without these two special ladies. They made the wedding planning process nearly stress free and that allowed me to actually enjoy everything! They are so helpful and do everything they can to make your dream wedding a reality!

Stunning

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Callie B

When we first toured The Hawthorne House, I immediatly fell in love. The property is truly stunning. I loved everything about it - the mirrored dressing rooms, the classic chapel, the georgous reception hall, the scenic trees, the white porch! This place is like a set for a... Read More wedding catalogue! And Della and Adonna were so helpful. My mom and I must have called them with questions a couple dozen times and they were always so accommodating. Adonna was my coordinator and she was a pleasure to work with! She made sure everything ran smoothly on our day. The staff was professional and the food was outstanding!! We received so many compliments on our dinner. I highly recommend the turkey! If you're considering The Hawthorne House, go and see it in person. The property is truly a dream wedding venue!