Hawthorne House

Parkville, MO

Book Your Wedding with Hawthorne House

A BALLROOM IN PARKVILLE, MO

Kansas City couples looking for an indoor-outdoor wedding venue often turn to Hawthorne House. Located only 15 minutes from downtown Kansas City in historic Parkville, Missouri, Hawthorne House sits on 11 acres of land. The property features a carefully restored manor house over 100 years old, a lovely chapel and grounds abundant with scenic beauty. Couples who book this venue enjoy indoor and outdoor ceremonial settings and an indoor reception area.

accommodates up to 250 wedding guests. Nestled in a wooded area, the structure features a country-style exterior that beautifully complements the home's historic architecture. Design details inside the chapel include salvaged stained glass, custom-made pews, elegant light fixtures and Gothic-style windows.

area accommodates small to large guest lists up to 300 people. The outdoor aisle flows from the base of the front porch to the charming covered gazebo and guests enjoy the ceremony from chairs set up on the lawn.

inside the manor house seats up to 300 guests for a wedding reception. The space features Italian crystal chandeliers, a dance floor, a double-sided bar and a loft area. The spacious outdoor porch allows guests to enjoy beautiful views of the grounds and a breath of fresh air.

At Hawthorne House, couples receive a personal wedding coordinator who helps with the rehearsal, ceremony, reception and supervises the staff. The event staff at Hawthorne house offers years of experience with the facility to ensure a memorable wedding.

Booking Hawthorne House for a ceremony includes use of the gazebo or chapel for one hour and a wedding rehearsal. All rehearsals take place on Thursday evenings prior to scheduled ceremonies. Also included are white wooden ceremonial chairs, setup and breakdown of chairs.

Booking the Emerson Room for a reception includes use of the space for up to four hours, but extra time up to two hours is available for an additional fee. Equipment supplied includes tables, chairs, china, silver flatware, glassware, black or white table linens, white linen service, table skirts and cake service. Couples who book the Emerson Room also enjoy office support and ample parking space for their guests.

Special wedding amenities offered by Hawthorne House include:

• Elegant changing rooms for the bride and groom available six hours before the ceremony
  • A small dressing room in the chapel for last-minute grooming
  • A host of beautiful indoor and outdoor photo opportunities
  • A backup plan for outdoor weddings in the event of rain
  • Wheelchair accessibility
  • Six hours of preparation and decorating time prior to the event

Stunning Wedding and Reception Facility

Hawthorne House is Kansas City's premier wedding and special event facility. Located on 11 beautiful acres in Parkville, Missouri, Hawthorne House has been specifically designed with your wedding needs in mind. We offer both chapel and outdoor ceremonies, as well as receptions for up to 300 guests.

Ballroom

C7f0adfc 34e4 47ff aae9 b0978af28e40~rs 100
85fa7701 a953 4325 9977 f6b764454ea3~rs 100

6008 NW Bell Rd, Parkville, MO (816) 505-1224

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Nathan D

This was the first place me and my wife looked at and the last! It was perfect! They are amazing! Helping you plan the big day and being there all day to make sure it runs smoothly. I highly Recommend the Hawthorne House! Best venue in the Kansas City area!!! Thanks again for... Read More making our wedding a day we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Mandi G

My wedding day was absolutely perfect at the Hawthorne House. All of the staff were extremely helpful. Adona was always available to answer questions, and our wedding coordinator Angie was fantastic on our wedding day. Before booking here I was pretty set on another venue... Read More already, but the moment we toured and talked to Della, my mind was easily changed. I wouldn't change a single thing about any of it! I feel like I had my own fairytale wedding, and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Ashley S

The Hawthorne House was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. From the first meeting, we knew that we had made the best choice for our big day. Adona and Della were so easy to work with and were very quick to respond with any questions or concerns we had. The... Read More grounds are beautiful, inside and out. We could not have imagined a more perfect day! We are so thankful to the Hawthorne House and their amazing staff for making our dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Stacy H

Hawthorne House was the only place we considered for our reception and they didn’t disappoint...they only exceeded our expectations! The wedding coordinators were a joy to with with... very responsive and insisted on making everything perfect. The presentation of the dinner... Read More place settings was so sophisticated and beautiful. The food was delicious and also beautifully presented. Loved working with the Hawthorne House! The location was perfect for outdoor photos too!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Justin W

I had my wedding at Hawthorne House in August of 2017, and we were, for the most part, very pleased with the outcome of the wedding. A couple of things we weren't quite prepared for: 1. When they grant you a "wedding planner" it truly is a day-of planner and she is really only... Read More there on the day of. My wedding ceremony started at 5:00 and my wedding planner arrived at 3:00 that day. She truly was just there to tell my bridesmaids when to walk in the ceremony and do mild monitoring of the reception.She didn't receive any of my vendors, and I only met with her one time before the wedding day. I honestly didn't even have her name and number. 2. The rehearsal dinner scheduling- Hawthorne House requires you to either rehearse on Thursday night of your wedding weekend , or on the morning of your wedding. I had most of my wedding party that was from out of town, so Thursday wasn't really an option for us. The biggest issue was, as it got closer, I asked if there was a wedding on the Friday before my Saturday wedding- there wasn't. But, they still wouldn't let us rehearse on that evening, even though there was nothing going on, which was a little frustrating overall. Overall, Hawthorne House is a beautiful location. Our pictures turned out amazing, and the food was incredible, and the accommodations for getting ready are perfect. The location is great and was easily accessible.Those are just the two things above that kept us from making this a 5Star location.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Molly S

Hawthorne House was absolutely great, venue was beautiful, plated dinners were excellent . It was like a fairy tale wedding for Cinderella!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Hanna K

The hawthorne house was the first venue we looked at and it actually ended up being the last one we looked at! From the second we saw the property, WE FELL IN LOVE! We absolutely loved the idea of having the ceremony and reception on the same grounds-- it was easy for us... Read More planning and it as easy for our guests. In general, the hawthorne house just made it so easy for us. They had such a fun taste-testing night, they checked in with us periodically, and they had a day-of coordinator for our wedding day to make sure things went smoothly. Angie and Adona were nothing but kind and genuine. Our guests loved taking pictures around the property: the beautiful giant porch, the gazebo, the light-up bridge. We are so grateful to have found this venue because it made our wedding day beautiful. Thank you so much, hawthorne house! If you are looking for venues, I HIGHLY recommend this beautiful place. The hawthorne house doesn't just fulfill a beautiful location for your wedding, the owners help you plan and create your dream wedding. We are so thankful!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kallie M

I originally fell in love with the Hawthorne House because of their beautiful, white Chapel and the wrap around porch on the reception hall. After seeing the Chapel, I knew I wanted to get married in it...and my wish came true as my husband and I were married there on March 19,... Read More 2017! Having the ceremony and the reception at one location was incredibly convenient and made it easy for our guests. The staff at Hawthorne House was easy to work with and always available when we had questions. Ultimately, we didn't have to do much work beforehand because they provided the food and took care of most of the set up. The food we chose was delicious, but a little pricey (probably not too different from other venues though). We wished that we were able to provide our own alcohol from some of our favorite local breweries but Hawthorne House's policy didn't allow us to use outside alcohol; however, we chose to use their selection and it worked out well. In addition, the suites for the wedding parties were wonderful spaces! I loved the bridal suite, it was a perfect space for everyone to spend time together and get ready before the wedding. Even though our wedding was in March and most of the trees and flowers weren't in bloom, the venue itself is so beautiful that our pictures turned out amazing. I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else and would highly recommend anyone considering Hawthorne House to get married here!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 taylor L

I got married here 9/8/17. It was a dream come true from the moment I visited the venue over a year before the wedding. I knew instantly this was the place where I wanted my wedding to take place. The grounds are beautiful and the staff goes out of their way to make sure... Read More everything is perfect for your wedding day. During the planning process we sent numerous e-mails, called and visited several times to make sure we got all of our questions answered. Adona was always prompt to respond and made several changes to items we requested to have a specific way that was outside of their standard offering. They also let us get into the Chapel and Reception area early to decorate and start getting ready. They bend over backwards to make sure you have the wedding of your dreams. We got so many compliments on how amazing the food was and how gorgeous the entire venue was from the Chapel to the actual Hawthorne House. Everything is at your fingertips and so easy on your wedding day because it is all in one spot. Our wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous because of the beautiful scenery that surrounds the venue. I would recommend this venue over and over again because you cannot go wrong in any way!! It was absolutely beautiful and even more perfect that I could have every dreamed.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kimberly C

We absolutely loved the Hawthorne House for our ceremony and reception! It truly was everything we wanted and more. We were able to spend the day there getting ready and taking photos and everything looked amazing, the grounds are so gorgeous. We had our ceremony in the chapel,... Read More our reception in the Emerson Room and our guests absolutely loved enjoying the cocktail hour out on the porch. The food was DELICIOUS (we recommend the brisket!) and the bar service was perfect as well. Adona, our coordinator, was there every step of the way and helped make sure our day was everything we wanted it to be. Overall, we highly recommend the Hawthorne House and want to get married again just so we can go back!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Sarah B

My husband and I had our dream wedding at Hawthorne House. I have always loved this venue and as soon as we were engaged I knew where I wanted to get married. The food was amazing, and the staff was so friendly and easy to work with. They helped make our day wonderful and not... Read More stressful at all! Our wedding day was close to perfect and Hawthorne House helped make it that way!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Whitney F

Not only was this venue a gorgeous location for our wedding, it was the easiest choice for vendors due to the organization, attentiveness, and helpfulness that the staff provided! So many things were taken off my to do list because of the amenities that Hawthorne House provides,... Read More to their brides and grooms! We continue to hear how great the food was, how helpful the staff was, and how beautiful the grounds were, from our guests. I am so thankful that I was able to have our wedding at Hawthorne House. I would recommend it to anyone, without hesitation!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Ashley E

When my fiance and I went on the search for our dream winter wedding location, I looked at several venues and nothing quite felt right to my fiance and I until we walked into The Hawthorne House. This was the PERFECT location for us. We wanted to get married in a chapel that had... Read More a reception space close by. The Hawthorne House was the perfect place! The chapel is absolutely beautiful. The bridge that leads to the reception was picturesque! The reception hall was stunning. We loved the white walls, wooden floors and gorgeous windows. It was so nice to have the wedding and reception in the same place. The day we got married, there was a snowstorm and the venue looks even better covered in snow :) Any time our guests reminisce with us about the wedding, they always say how beautiful the wedding was (and that they loved the bacon wrapped shrimp!). Speaking of food......wow! The food was incredible. I've never had better wedding food from a venue. It was delicious and all of our guests were in awe of the food. The staff was also incredible to work with. I had an amazing experience working the people at The Hawthorne House. They help make your special day go as smooth and stress free as possible. I had a blast at my wedding and wouldn't change one thing about it. I would recommend The Hawthorne House to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Kelsey D

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect and dreamlike venue for our November wedding. From the moment we drove onto the property the previous winter, we instantly loved the beautiful setting. And once we met the people we would be working with, we were completely sold. Adona... Read More and Della were wonderful to work with, and they made everything efficient and stress-free. But it was the small details in which they really excelled. Adona took the time to pack the two of us a to-go box of food as we were leaving, just to make sure we ate enough at the end of the night. The venue itself is gorgeous. It’s nestled in the trees, and the autumn colors in early November were picturesque. We used every inch of available space; from the chapel, to the front yard and porch for drinks and games, to the Emerson room for our reception. Many of our guests commented that it was one of the prettiest venues they've ever seen. Everything you could need for your wedding is in once place, and it is easy for every guest to get around. We couldn’t speak more highly of the Hawthorne House. They work very hard to make your wedding day a dream come true.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Allison M

I would highly recommend Hawthorne House to all couples looking for a wedding venue. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating throughout the whole wedding process. Adona, is extremely prompt in answering questions etc. I am beyond thrilled I chose Hawthorne House for my... Read More perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Heather R

The Hawthorne House was the perfect venue!! My husband and I were so fortunate that the venue had a chapel, large big porch, and indoor reception hall because it was pouring rain most of the day. Adona was extremely helpful with questions and booking. Working with her and... Read More the amenities the venues provides took off a lot of stress since we had a short four month engagement. I absolutely loved working with our day of coordinator Angie. My wedding day was stress free and I had so many comments that it was the most beautiful venue that people had been too. I highly recommend using Hawthorne House for your wedding.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Lauren T

My new husband and I, our families, and our guests cannot say enough good things about the Hawthorne House to truly represent the wonderful experience we had. The staff at Hawthorne House made the entire experience of booking, planning, and the day-of as easy and stress-free as... Read More possible. Our favorite aspect of the Hawthorne House (aside from being utterly beautiful, classic, and timeless) was the fact that they take care of so much for you. Once you book with the Hawthorne House, you don't have to worry about finding a caterer, a bartending service, a vendor for tables and chairs, or a vendor for linens and tableware! The in-house services put so much ease into the planning process -- it is worth every penny!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Amanda S

DeShawn and I ! Would recommend this venue to anyone! The staff especially Adona were amazing ! They were very accommodating it was very important to us to get married outside and we had pop up showers throughout the day and they were able to make our day perfect ! Thank you... Read More Hawthorne House!!! From Amanda

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Courtney R

I cannot recommend Hawthorne House enough. From the big ideas down to the small details, everything was covered. Irene is an exceptional owner, incredible chef, and organizer extraordinaire. Adonna did an impeccable job running everything the week of the wedding. Hawthorne... Read More House is my top choice for venues in the Greater Kansas City area, no question!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Lindsay F

The Hawthorne House was a wonderful place to get married and have our reception. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and reminds me of an East Coast home. The staff was incredible along the way, and the wedding coordinators are so helpful. Our day was so wonderful thanks to... Read More them!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Tanner S

This venue was PERFECT! I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone was in helping make my husband and I's special day, everything we dreamed of. The Hawthorne House made it their goal to help with everything we needed for our wedding. The food was amazing, the venue was... Read More simply beautiful, and the wedding coordinator and bartenders did a fabulous job of taking care of everyone. Hawthorne House was the perfect place for our winter wedding :)

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Jeff M

The Hawthorne house was great for our wedding and reception. Della was extremely nice and helpful throughout the whole process. Angie was our coordinator and she did wonderful. She even went as far as to clean my wife’s dress for a good ten minutes after spotting a stain. The... Read More property was outstanding, we had an outside ceremony, but they kept assuring us if the weather went south they could have to chapel ready in no time which was very good to hear. The entire staff made our day enjoyable and easier. All night we were receiving compliments on the event.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Ashley D

We loved this location since the chapel/gazebo for a ceremony is yards away from the reception hall. You also can benefit from being on-site all day with the bride/groom suite suitable for getting everyone ready all in one place! The only drawback is the rigid pricing and... Read More expense of the venue. For the convenience factor, it may be worth it - but I wish they were more reasonable on prices for food and alcohol since you are required to use them.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Teia E

Wow, wow, WOW! I just got married at the Hawthorne House on Sunday, September 4, 2016. From the very first encounter to the very last the associates of the Hawthorne House were amazing! I cannot say enough good things about them. I loved everything about my wedding at the... Read More Hawthorne House. It may be a litter pricer than other venues but I can honestly say it was worth every penny spent. The HH team not only treated my husband and I with the best service but everyone they encountered. I had several guests at my wedding compliment me on how nice, friendly & accomodating everyone was throughout the wedding. Della and Angie, our Reception Coordinator, were stellar! I couldn't have asked or hoped for better ladies to work with. I would pick the Hawthorne House a million times over as the place to have my wedding and reception. 10,000 thumbs up! Thank you, Hawthorne House!!!!

2016-09-20T12:24:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you had wonderful experience with us. We enjoyed working with you & wish you nothing but the best in love & happiness!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Melanie H

My husband and I got married here on August 13, and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. I got so many compliments on the venue, and how beautiful is looked. The grounds are kept so nice, especially during the heat of the summer, and the grass was green and beautiful... Read More and the flowers planted around the venue looked fresh as well. Della and Adonna were so incredibly helpful throughout the whole planning process - it really showed on the day of the wedding! Everything went so smoothly - it was truly a stress free day! This venue was perfect in every way - you won't be disappointed!

2016-09-20T12:22:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you had a smooth & stress free day! We enjoyed working with you & wish you all the love & happiness!