Garden, Museum, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

211 New Bern Pl, Raleigh, NC (919) 832-8357

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Lace W

I had a wonderful wedding reception at Haywood Hall & Gardens. Our ceremony took place across the street at Christ Church and our guests came directly from the ceremony to the reception. The reception was indoor/outdoor and the outdoor portion was mostly tented due to... Read More uncertainty about the weather (and of course it ended up being a beautiful evening!). We were married in April and the gardens were just gorgeous! We hardly needed flower centerpieces, as the gardens were in full bloom. I worked with the resident manager Greg very closely during our 16 month planning process. He made the grounds available to us with little notice on many occasions. He had a lot of insight about placement of tables, chairs, food stations, & tents. He made sure the grounds were clean and neat before our wedding weekend. He also went above and beyond on my wedding day, helping my bridesmaids keep their belongings secure, and generally helping keep the event flowing smoothly. Haywood Hall is very special to my new family. My husband's mother is a Haywood and what is now a museum & gardens was once her family's ancestral home. It was touching to talk with and dance with so many members of the Haywood family at Haywood Hall. I would recommend Haywood Hall to anyone looking to get married in a beautiful indoor/outdoor space in downtown Raleigh!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kevin T

I got four compliments from nearly every guest on my wedding day: beautiful dress, good DJ, good food and BEAUTIFUL VENUE. Haywood Hall is truly a hidden gem in Downtown Raleigh. I never would have known it existed had I not thoroughly researched Downtown Raleigh wedding venues.... Read More The property is near the Capitol, but tucked away on a side street with an abundance of large oak trees, shrubs and flowers to block out all the city noise. If you're looking for a garden wedding in an excellent location, Haywood Hall is the perfect setting for you. Further, the groundskeeper, Greg Mobley, has an in-depth knowledge of local vendors and the downtown area. He's incredibly nice and willing to help in any way that he can. He referred me to the best florist, Janet Cross, and gave me some other helpful tips in the wedding planning process. For such a beautiful property in such a convenient location, the cost of hosting a wedding at Haywood is a bargain. One caveat is that you probably need a good year 1/2 to comfortably plan a wedding at Haywood since the venue doesn't come with anything but the property (you must book your own rentals, caterer, etc.). Another downside would be that the site doesn't offer the best rain plan. In the event of inclement weather, you would just have to order more tents for the backyard. However, if you don't mind a little extra work in the planning process and you're willing to "go with the flow" in case the weather doesn't cooperate, this couldn't be a more perfect venue for you and your guests.

Wonderful venue!!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Kerri S

I had both my ceremony and reception at Haywood Hall and absolutely loved it! The grounds there are gorgeous, the house is charming and the cost was reasonable. I totally recommend this venue to everyone. Great location in dowtown Raleigh as well. Very convenient.

Beautiful setting, private, quiet

Reviewed on 5/23/2012 Karen B

Pros: Lovely, giant trees, pretty yard, private garden, gazebo, peaceful. True Southern feel. Cons: Overpriced, comes with nothing but a lawn. You must rent every little thing from tents to lights, tongs, serving platters, bar ware, and toothpicks. Inside the building is... Read More dreary, so hope for good weather. Guests must walk through grass and mulch. No private entrance for the bride to get ready to walk down the aisle. Notes: Be prepared to pay cash. They don't take credit cards. Think about whether you're OK with a Sunday date. Saturdays book up quickly. Overall, it was a headache to put together. I think Matthews House would have been easier and around the same price at the end.

Beautiful Place for an Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 Carly S

A friend of ours suggested Haywood Hall while we were planning our wedding and I am so glad they did! It is such a beautiful place for an outdoor wedding in downtown Raleigh. We also really enjoyed working with Greg! I love his enthusiasm for both the home and weddings in... Read More general. He was so helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process, always answering his phone when we had questions. It did happen to rain on our wedding day, but Greg and our catering company did a fantastic job implementing a rain plan. The show did go on and everyone had such a great time! Many thanks!

Haywood Hall is Fabulous

Reviewed on 12/06/2010 Lu R

Haywood Hall is a historic home in downtown Raleigh. The garden is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The Reisdent Manager is so helpful and a joy to work with.

great, unique place for an outdoor wedding.

Reviewed on 10/28/2010 Brandi L

i was planning my wedding from afar (nyc) and i booked this place after seeing some photos that my mother-in-law had taken. the house itself is quirky and beautiful without being stuffy. the gardens are well-kept but not perfectly manicured, which i like. this place... Read More definitely has some personality. the house manager we worked with, greg, was more than accommodating and was always available to answer our questions. the only thing that may be a problem for some people would be if you pick a time of the year when it might rain...the rain back up plan for this place is not ideal. so, i'd make sure that you check a weather almanac to see what the chances are that rain will fall on your wedding day. but, we got so many compliments on this venue and it's such a deal at a little over $2K!

Review for Haywood Hall

Reviewed on 10/30/2008 Meredith L

The historic home is gorgeous. The adjacent gardens are lovely and make for a wonderful outdoor reception.