He said...She said

If you want someone trustworthy, articulate, professional and passionate about weddings please contact me! I serve all of Southern California. My job is to share your love story with the individuals you love most. I look forward to meeting you and helping to create your perfect wedding ceremony!

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

Ceremony, Wedding

Newport Beach, CA
Orange County

Our Preferred Officiant!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 carrie b

First and foremost, Pure Lavish Events loves "He Said, She Said!" Stephanie has quickly become our preferred officiant, she immediately connects with our couples and listens to their story whole heartedly to ensure that their ceremony has meaning and depth. She truly has a gift... Read More and a heart made for this career. She comes early to every rehearsal and ceremony and has even lent us a helping hand when setting up. Stephanie is so genuine and cares deeply about her couples. She truly wants their day to be perfect and goes beyond to ensure that happens. Not to mention her smile lights up the room and her professionalism goes unmatched. We will continue to refer Stephanie and are excited for many more weddings together!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Cheryl T

I had the most magical, fairy tale wedding three weeks ago on September 20th, 2014 at a barn! The most perfect setting, perfect husband and beyond perfect ordain! Stephanie Ford blew me away with how she delivered the message to our guest and us! Her enthusiasm when reading the... Read More stories was more than I could ask for! Not only did she keep my attention the entire time but she kept the guests attention as well! It was the most unique ceremony anyone has ever experienced! Not only did she deliver well, she also was extremely easy and very professional to work with! If ever I needed to ask her a question or needed help she was there in an instance to guide me in the right direction. You can tell she LOVES what she does simply because she is so passionate about making it personal and unique for your wedding! I know it was my wedding but I do believe that was the BEST ceremony anyone has ever heard before! Multiple guests approached me to compliment her as well. My caterer had received her number too because he wants to have Stephanie marry his son. We are extremely fortunate and happy with Stephanie and could not imagine having anyone else officiating our wedding!

Professionalism at it's best!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Trista H

When I set out to find someone to marry us, I knew I wanted a female. I wanted someone strong,fun and very easy going, Stephanie fit all of that and more! When we first met Stephanie, she made us feel so comfortable. She was very down to earth and just a joy to talk to. She... Read More made us feel at ease and she was very professional. During our first meeting with her, we felt like she understand not only how we felt about one another but also what we wanted our wedding to be like. Since it was not the first marriage for either one of us, we appreciated that she was non- judgmental. Stephanie provided us with examples of other ceremonies and helped us decide what was best off us. She was never pushy and always accommodating. We kept in contact with her up until the wedding, going over minor details, she was always on top of her game! Our rehearsal with her was simple and easy. After the rehearsal was over, we left knowing that she was going to make your day perfect. The day of our wedding was perfect! Again she made us feel so comfortable and we had so many compliments about her and our beautiful ceremony. We would definitely recommend Stephanie to anyone. Stephanie is very eloquent and we were truly blessed to have chosen someone who made us feel so comfortable.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Annie T

We had spoken with several other vendors until we spoke to Stephanie. Personally, she is such a warm person and we clicked with her right away. It was the easiest and best decision we made in going with Stephanie as our officiant. She helped us go through several drafts of our... Read More vows and the whole ceremony. Her professionalism, attention to detail, organization, and responsiveness to us was AMAZING! We did not have to worry about a thing! She helped make our ceremony a memory that we will never forget!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Claudia M

Look No further! Rest assured that Stephanie will take care of all of your wedding ceremony needs. We are two brides ( lesbian couple)and that can be a tough task to meet and Stephanie surpassed our expectations ( we're really picky) we were married on 9/19/15 and Stephanie... Read More was great with communication in the months leading up to the wedding. She is extremely well organized, helpful and reliable. It was really important to have someone good looking and Stephanie is very pretty, polite, professional and has a way of connecting with you the couple. My guests loved the ceremony for many of them and myself it was the 1st gay wedding we'd been to. Stephanie did a phenomenal job of keeping the traditional feel to the wedding ( per our request) all while keeping it all heartfelt. you wont be disappointed I promise!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Stephanie officiated our wedding at The Villa San Juan Capistrano on 10/3/15 and it was wonderful! We were initially having some trouble finding an officiant because I come from a Catholic/Christian background and my wife is a Buddhist, but neither of us wanted a church/temple... Read More wedding. We also really did not want a ceremony too full of prayers/verses so were keeping clear of priests/ministers. Stephanie specializes in non-denominational ceremonies and she was able to make the ceremony exactly what we wanted. We live in Northern California and were planning our wedding to be held in Orange County - which can be a little difficult to meet with venders. Stephanie offered to do a FaceTime meeting with us and we were able to get a really good feel for how she would be as an officiant. She gave us a draft of the ceremony about 2 months before our wedding date which gave us plenty of time to review it and make some changes. We were really busy with our planning and the draft of the ceremony kind of took a back seat (totally our bad!) but Stephanie was soooo great she even let us make changes less than 1 week before the wedding! We decided to add a tea ceremony at the last minute and Stephanie didn't even get mad, in fact she was super excited to work it in for us! We weren't having a super complicated ceremony so we opted not to have Stephanie attend the rehearsal (it is an extra cost) and we were totally fine. I met with her for about 5 mins the day of just to make sure we were on the same page and work out last minute details (microphone, standing, walking, etc...) and the whole thing went off without a hitch! She was even good enough to step to the side when I 'kissed the bride" so our photographer could get some unobstructed pictures! We were 100% satisfied with Stephanie and would recommend her to anyone looking for a less formalized, not heavily religious ceremony. She even gave us a set of toasting glasses as a gift!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

I loved the wedding ceremony of my friend's Tyler and Meghan. Stephanie really captured who they were as a couple. The ceremony was meaningful and personal and guests talked about the ceremony throughout the reception!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Heather M

Stephanie is the BEST! When my husband and I first met Stephanie, she was so genuine and professional. She instantly connected with us and was so patient at creating the ceremony we dreamed of. She delivered everything perfectly at our wedding and we couldn't have asked for a... Read More better officiant! Such a great experience, she definitely comes highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Stephanie, I just wanted to let you know how appreciative Jenny and I are of what a wonderful job you did during the wedding ceremony. You laid out a beautiful ceremony for Tyler and Megan and made it very personal with your ideas about them sharing their “when they met”... Read More comments and their vows, as well as encouraging Ken and me to write letters to Tyler and Megan. Looking back on it, I would have been so disappointed if I had not done that. Thank you for your suggestion and your encouragement. We have received so many unsolicited positive comments about what a nice ceremony it was and how you did such a wonderful job of making it so personal. We just can’t thank you enough. It was such a special day for all of us, and I’m so glad that you were a part of it.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Julianna L

SIMPLY AMAZING! From the moment I reached out to Stephanie she replied quickly with information we were looking for. We then set up to meet with her a few days later and instantly knew she was the one we wanted to officiate our wedding. She was organized, easy going, sweet as... Read More can be, delivered our ceremony PERFECTLY! We received so many compliments on her style of delivering! My husband and I wanted a little twist on traditional but with a touch of religion; and I was more than we could have ever dreamed of! Stephanie is definitely someone I would refer time and time again! xo

Reviewed on 10/10/2015

I highly recommend Stephanie Ford to those in need of a wedding officiant. I had the privilege of attending a very close friend's wedding in July in which Stephanie officiated. Now, we've all been to weddings, and most of the time we hear the typical phrases as we wait for the... Read More words "You may now kiss the bride". In this case, however, I didn't want the ceremony to end. Stephanie was professional yet personable. She was an integral part of the ceremony, yet knew when and how to allow the spotlight to be solely on the bride and groom. Her words were delivered eloquently and left the guests with beautiful and memorable analogies about love and marriage. After the ceremony, everyone was talking about how beautiful it was and what an amazing job Stephanie did. As a good friend of the bride, I also had the opportunity to hear about how integral Stephanie was during the time leading up to the wedding. She genuinely cares about her brides and grooms and puts everything she's got into making their day special and amazing! I will recommend Stephanie to my friends and family as THE BEST choice for an officiant from now on!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Brooke P

Stephanie is amazing! She worked with us and our very very tight schedule to create a perfect ceremony. She was always easy to contact, very professional, and made me feel completely comfortable leaving the ceremony in her hands. She really felt like a friend to my now-husband... Read More and I throughout the entire process. My guests were moved by the ceremony, and everyone commented on how personal and beautiful the ceremony was. Stephanie really cares about her clients and making their vision a reality, and I recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Megan K

From the moment we contacted Stephanie about officiating our wedding, to shortly after the wedding when she gave us information about obtaining our marriage certificate, Stephanie was professional, reliable, and genuine. We started working on our ceremony with Stephanie about... Read More a month before the wedding. Along with meeting up several times, we also communicated with Stephanie via phone calls and emails. She was always prompt to return both phone calls and emails, and she always made sure that everything we needed (and wanted) was taken care of. Stephanie introduced us to ceremony elements that we had never seen in any other ceremony before, which we absolutely loved. She helped us incorporate these unique ideas into our ceremony to make it even more personal than we had planned. Her ceremony ideas really helped explain our love story to our guests. The ceremony Stephanie performed on our wedding day was flawless. She stuck to the format and words we had all agreed on, made sure all of the guests were engaged, and truly put into words the love the two of us have for each other. We received countless compliments on our ceremony from family and friends on our wedding day, and we are still continuing to receive compliments on the ceremony, a month after our wedding. At our reception, we had a cousin come up to us and say, “I just loved your ceremony, but I got so emotional, I cried my false eyelashes off!” As funny as it was, we think her comment spoke volumes about the incredible job Stephanie did performing our wedding ceremony. Overall, Stephanie was an absolute gem to work with. We felt so blessed to have a wedding officiant who shared such original and unique ideas for our ceremony and our desire of making our wedding ceremony very personal. We would highly recommend Stephanie to any couple getting married, as she made our wedding ceremony even more wonderful than we could have imagined. -Tyler & Megan Bernth

Getting Married, Look No Further

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Helayne G

Stephanie is phenomenal! She's organized, efficient, and accessible to her clients. As a bride planning her wedding from over 1,000 miles away, these qualities were invaluable. We loved that she helped us create a ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple. Stephanie even... Read More made a point to socialize with our family and friends during rehearsal. She's very personable and I would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiate in the Orange County area.

Reviewed on 7/14/2015

I honestly don't know where to start. I don't think I've ever met someone who loves what they do more than Stephanie. She is such an amazing person and is willing to work hard to make your wedding perfect. She made our wedding ceremony exactly how my husband and I wanted. She... Read More was there for us if we had any questions or needed to change something. She really worked with us! I honestly could not have ask for a better officiant. She's the best! I would recommend her to everyone!!!

Our wedding ceremony was perfect!

Reviewed on 12/13/2014 Jeni Z

Stephanie officiated our wedding this past October, and she was so fantastic! She helped us draft the most personal, unique, and perfectly 'us' wedding ceremony. We aren't a very sappy couple, and when we started planning our wedding I was adamant that I didn't want our ceremony... Read More to be too cheesy. Stephanie helped us fashion a ceremony that was sweet and funny, involved readings from court opinions instead of poems as a nod to my lawyer-nerd-ness, and that included a beer ceremony! And somehow there still wasn't a dry eye! I would recommend Stephanie in a heartbeat if you are looking for an officiant that is professional, polished, and organized, but who also encourages you to be you! Thank you so much Stephanie!

Beautiful ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/13/2014

I attended the wedding of a friend's daughter, and have to say it was a dream wedding. In addition to the beautiful outdoor setting, the wedding ceremony was perfect. The officiant, Stephanie, clearly did her homework. She made everyone in attendance feel like an important... Read More part of the special day, and we felt very connected to the bride and groom's love story.

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

We recently attended a beautiful wedding in September which Stephanie officiated. She brought love, wisdom and a bit of humor into the ceremony. She is an elequent speaker (clear and concise!) and took the time to make the vows very personable for the bride and groom. I'm... Read More certain she helped create a very memorable day for the happy couple!

The Most Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

I had the privilege of being the Matron of Honor, at my sister's wedding on September 20, 2014. Her rustic barn wedding was a beautiful vision, containing the most perfect ceremony. As I stood by my sister's side, gazing at our loved ones seated in front of us, I couldn't help... Read More but be mesmerized by the words that so effortlessly flowed from the officiant, Stephanie Ford. It was obvious that she had spent quality time getting to know my sister and my new brother-in-law,as she was able to capture their stories without missing a beat! The way she described love and life was captivating. I couldn't help but listen with intent ( and, yes, tears in my eyes), as I soaked in her words in hopes to use them in my married life. I especially loved the explanation of "wow days" and "vow days"! Overall, I truly believe in my heart that this ceremony was the best one I have ever attended. I know that Stephanie only officiated my sister's wedding, but she was able to define a marriage. Thank you, Stephanie for making my sister's wedding day more than we could have dreamed. You were outstanding!

Wow! So Impressed with Stephanie Ford!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

I recently attended an outdoor wedding and had the absolute pleasure of seeing two people we care deeply for be married by one of the best officiants I've ever witnessed. Instead of a traditional, boring, monotone ceremony traditionally found in weddings we were greeted with a... Read More vibrant, professional, contemporary ceremony that embodied what a true celebration of love should be. Stephanie had clearly developed a connection with the couple during pre-marriage counseling and was able to communicate their love story in a way that captured the spirit of their journey and deep love they shared. I overheard several people throughout the evening commenting on who the officiant was and what a great job she did. It was a real pleasure to witness such a beautiful ceremony. The bride and groom were picture perfect, but having Stephanie Ford as the officiant clearly added an extra bonus to their day! Great Job, Stephanie! Keep up the great work.

FairyTale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

Stephanie Ford officiated my daughters wedding on September 20, 2014. She did an absolutely amazing job. Cheryl & John's wedding was an outside venue, and the grounds were beautiful. That would make for an amazing wedding alone, but the ceremony that Stephanie did put the... Read More wedding on a whole new level. It was beautiful and well spoken. She took the time to get to know the bride & groom early on by communicating with them, and during rehearsal, Stephanie took the time to help guide us through the ceremony. Afterwards, my family and friends kept complimenting us on what a beautiful service Stephanie did. We heard all night that this was a fairy tale wedding and having Stephanie as the officiate made all dreams come true! Thank you Stephanie Ford! Sent from my iPad

The Best Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Michele T

Stephanie was the officiant for my sister's dream wedding. I have never witnessed a wedding ceremony that was as personal as Stephanie made my sisters. She had my sister and her now husband write their love stories of how they met and shared them that day. It was amazing!... Read More Everyone that attended couldn't say enough about the ceremony! I will remember this ceremony more than my own because of how beautiful it was. Thank you Stephanie for helping make my sisters wedding even more magical than I imagined! You are the BEST officiant I have ever seen and I would HIGHLY recommend you to anyone!!!!

Great officiant!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 kim h

Stephanie is awesome!! I knew it the moment I met her. We wanted a non-denominational officiant for our wedding and she gave us exactly the ceremony we envisioned. She's super organized, which really put us at ease. We knew she would show up, be prepared, and help keep US calm... Read More :) She's incredibly warm and funny--just a really good presence. I did a lot of the writing for our ceremony, but she had some great suggestions for making it better and did such a wonderful job with leading the ceremony. I got tons of compliments from guests on how nice it was. I'd highly, highly recommend her!

Stephanie was the perfect addition to our dream wedding!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Kelly

My now-husband and I had our first meeting with Stephanie at Starbucks and weren't sure what to expect. She was so sweet and really seemed interested to hear about our courtship and upcoming wedding. She had a questionnaire she completed about our hopes & goals as a couple.... Read More Our meeting seemed to go by in a flash but in reality was a few hours long. Stephanie is based in Orange County and was willing to make the drive to our rehearsal AND wedding deep in the Inland Empire with a minimal mileage fee. She was insistent on attending the rehearsal and we found that some potential officiants were not interested and that was a deal-breaker for us. The rehearsal was important to us and it was nice knowing Stephanie understood that and was on the same page. We kept in touch periodically to work on the ceremony and she provided several examples to give us a place to start. At the rehearsal she was fun and made the experience really exciting. We shared a few jokes and she put us as ease going into the biggest day of our lives. On the wedding day she arrived early and spent some time with the ladies in the bridal suite. She joked with us, took pictures and shared stories and even rapped the vows just minutes before we walked down the aisle! I was cracking up the whole time and knew we chose the right person to marry us. Stephanie is open-minded, easy going and charismatic. We discussed her outfit options (never crossed my mind!) and she ended up looking like the perfect addition to the wedding and fit in well with a gray shift dress and yellow jewelry to coordinate with our wedding colors. She is beautiful inside & out and we heard so many great compliments from our family and friends about the ceremony and Stephanie's personality. I highly recommend her if you're looking for an officiant!

2014-06-24T12:19:44 Response from the vendor

Well hello Mr. & Mrs. Whitte! Welcome back from Italy!. Thank you so much for such kind words in this review. It was an absolute pleasure working with you from: hearing your love story, formulating ideas to implement into your ceremony, helping to write your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Ashley S

I really searched high and low to find someone that was not to stuffy, and that could bring something new and fresh to my wedding. I wanted something that was non-denominational and someone that would really set the tone for my outdoor vineyard wedding. Stephanie was better then... Read More I could have ever thought! She helped my husband and I really mold our vows to what we were looking for. She also was so kind to give my husband a pep talk right before the wedding to calm his nerves. I would 100% refer Stephanie to anyone looking for a friendly,organized, and personal officiant. I will never forget you Stephanie xoxo!!