Heart of Gold DJs

An all-woman crew of experienced DJs, we steer clear of the tired wedding standards, keeping the props, line dances, and tacky lighting off your dance floor. Putting our vast music knowledge to use, we'll work closely with you and yours to develop a playlist unique to and perfectly suited for your event.

Classical, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

388 Market Street Suite, Suite 1300, San Francisco, CA (415) 935-0744

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Katherine B

Meghan was amazing from our first meeting to the last song of our wedding. Meghan created a great cocktail/dinner hour playlist from a list of our favorite bands that flowed so well and her set for the dancing portion of the evening was so much fun the dance floor was never... Read More empty. I highly recommend Heart of Gold DJs if you want a collaborative and unforgettable DJ experience!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017

A friend recommended Heart of Gold and I am so happy she did. Ashleyanne was an utter delight to work with for our wedding at the SF University Club last month! She provided microphone setup for our ceremony and speeches as well as the music during the ceremony, cocktail hour,... Read More dinner and dancing. The sound quality and music selections were flawless. Ashleyanne met us in person twice, once to get to know us before we signed a contract and again about 3 weeks before the wedding to finalize details. She was prompt and very communicative through email, too. She's versatile and can customize her service to whatever you want (*if only* we were funk fans who could have taken advantage of her expertise in that genre!). We are low key and didn't want any cheesy music or emceeing and Ashleyanne was right on board. She's not pushy at all and asked the right questions to understand what we wanted and gave us time to research and get back to her. For us the most important role for music was for dancing at the reception and she shone here! With just a seed list of a few current songs we like, she read the crowd and played music that kept people dancing all night. Our guests were especially happy be able to make requests that she worked in as appropriate. You can tell Ashelyanne is passionate about her work. She was jamming along to the music behind the DJ stand and one of my favorite memories was seeing everyone on the dance floor throwing her thumbs up and dancing along with her. I highly recommend Heart of Gold and especially Ashelyanne to anyone wanting awesome, kickass music and an amazing person to work with for any event.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Anne C

Heart of Gold DJs is AMAZING! The raddest group of women who know how to perfectly execute a flawless wedding. Erica was our DJ and she was an absolute dream to work with! She communicated with us quickly and efficiently. She gave us direction and provided great feedback along... Read More the wedding planning process. She has such a warm and kind demeanor and that was so lovely to be around on our wedding day. Erica kept me calm, happy and oh so excited! She was so integral in making our day flow smoothly, her transitions and music choices were so excellent and we couldn't be more thankful to have worked with such a wonderful DJ! My husband’s family danced more than they ever have before and all noted how sore they were the next day! My biggest regret of the night was not getting to dance more as I kept hearing song after song that I loved. Erica selected the most perfect playlist and really knew how to read the room. We couldn’t be happier to have gotten the opportunity to work with Erica! She reflected us as a couple effortlessly. Oh and Allison Peck made every payment and contract communication so seamless – the easier vendor we had to go through!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Kelly A

Allison is AMAZING!!! She was so personable, and made our wedding! I loved working with Allison- she was always prompt to respond, and listened to our requests- and made all of them happen! I have received so many complements on the music, the mix of songs, and keeping the... Read More dance floor packed! Thank you Allison for making our day!! We keep talking about having another party, just so we can have Allison come and DJ again <3

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Madeleine Z

We were looking for a DJ who could incorporate both our Latin and English cultures in the music choices. We found Heart of Gold DJs and I was intrigued. I loved that they are an all women company and their online demos are real and not cheesy. We met Caity Watson and instantly... Read More fell in love. She was professional, experienced in multicultural weddings and had all the answers to our questions. When it came to music choices, I shared our playlist and she arranged it in a way that everyone was on the dance floor! She added her touch and it was amazing! Caity also helped get our speeches in order and kept her cool all the way through --even with a crazy family! Thanks to Allison Peck for being very responsive dealing with the administrative matters. Overall, it was a great experience, great company and highly recommended! Thank you, girlies!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Carlin L

Heart of Gold were exactly what we were looking for. Erica communicated with us throughout the planning process, and answered any and all questions we had. She worked with us to get an idea of the music we wanted and used it to create a night of fantastic music that never... Read More failed to flow with what ever was happening.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Blythe W

Heart of Gold DJ’s made our night more amazing then I ever could have imagined. DJ Ashleyanne was upbeat and extremely helpful every step of the way, answering all our questions promptly, asking questions we didn’t even know we had, and helping make sure everything ran smoothly... Read More the night of. The music was spot-on the ENTIRE night with songs that matched both our personalities and kept the guests coming back to the dance floor song after song. Every guest danced all night – even our grandmas! The sound balance was also on point, always the perfect volume. I had so much fun at our wedding, and I’m so thankful to Ashleyanne and the Heart of Gold team for helping make our night one to remember.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Janice N

Meghan was fabulous! We highly recommend Heart of Gold. She took time to understand our preferences beforehand, and was able to read the crowd as well. Meghan also juggled some tricky timing (my husband's mother-son dance was choreographed a Sia song, lol, and we had a balloon... Read More drop over the dance floor to coordinate), but the party continued without anyone realizing all of the behind-the-scenes work that was happening. Many of our guests commented on how amazing our DJ was, and we 100% agree!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Victoria R

Allison was an awesome DJ for our wedding this June 2017! She met with us twice before the wedding to discuss which songs we wanted and our sound system needs. Allison was very responsive, professional, good humored, and got all of our special songs right even after we changed... Read More them a couple of times because we couldn't decide. She was also able to work with the groomsmen who wanted to put on a short musical performance during the reception. Allison and it seems all of the Heart of Gold DJs are very hip! Prices were very reasonable too. I highly recommend Allison as a DJ!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Beth S

Allison and Heart of Gold DJ were amazing to work with. Allison helped us pick out the perfect songs and held our hand through all the important details of making the music fit our personalities. We were looking for something a bit outside your typical wedding day music and she... Read More was incredible at understanding what we were looking for and making it come to life. She was essential in guiding us through the day helping mic up the ceremony, DJing cocktail hour, calming down our families and teaching them how to use a microphone for their speeches and making sure that everyone had a wonderful time. We got countless compliments on our music selections and we need to give all the credit to Allison and Heart of Gold DJ making sure everyone had a great time. Thank you so much to Allison we could not have asked for a better DJ or partner to work with through the whole wedding planning process.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Yasmeen M

Heart of Gold avoid the cheesy, cringe-y buffoonery typical of wedding DJ's. Erica improvised regarding things that were said in our ceremony related to specific music and surprised us later in the night by playing relevant material, totally off the cuff and out of the blue,... Read More not discussed or requested. It was above and beyond what we ever expected and proved that she was invested in the audio aesthetic of the evening. She created an atmosphere that we didn't know we needed. It was a small thing that had a huge impact and we won't forget it. Erica kept the party moving with a balanced playlist of fun, familiar stuff and indie deep cuts that we discussed in our initial meetings and at the end of the night our wedding didn't fizzle away into the night like so many do, we actually ended later than expected with a huge group sing along. Erica + co. @ Heart of Gold we're absolutely perfect for our wedding. If you're looking for a non-pretentious and sincere music selection with thorough attention to detail, then look no further.

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Tim D

Erica and her assistant Ciara nailed it! This dynamic duo kept the jams flowing all night long at our 3.11.17 wedding. We had quite a few things going on- music indoors, outdoors, a live musician, toasts, etc. They had the night running smoothly and made it look easy. We met... Read More with Erica a few months before our wedding to talk about music taste, our vision for the night, and logistics. She was super helpful and enthusiastic. We handled the rest of our communications over email and phone. Processional, recessional, cocktail, and dinner music went-off without a hitch. And the dance party later on was epic!! I have not seen my relatives dance like that, ever. There were some sore hips the next day. The dance floor was never empty. We had conga lines, dance circles, and people being lifted-up on shoulders. It was everything we dreamed it could be. If you're looking for awesome DJs who can rock it, your search is over- go with HoG DJs!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Alanna W

Erica was AMAZING! She played a kick-ass playlist that keep people dancing all night long. We would highly recommended Heart of Gold DJ's for any event!!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Beth F

Congrats that you're looking into wedding DJ's! We chose Caity about a little over a week before our 10/22/16 wedding. We were pretty indecisive about who to go with for reception music and had talked with and looked into a lot of options. We were so lucky Caity was available!... Read More The week before our wedding, we met with Caity at a local coffee shop. She's super easy to talk to, knows tons about music, and really listened to us. My husband loves music more than I do, and was emailing our requests to Caity the night before! She really worked with us--all last minute! Hopefully, you're planning ahead a bit more. :) We had so much fun at our reception and got tons of compliments on the set-list from friends. Mother-of-the-bride led the Cupid Shuffle. Yes, that happened. Caity made a perfect set list for dinner music, first dance, and then transitioning into dance party. Also, we thought we had the ability to play music until we had to be out of the venue at midnight, but we were wrong. We had to stop playing amplified music by 11. Caity handled the changes with ease and grace! She talked to the woman, got an extension, and then rearranged her songs so that we still had some good final dance tunes. And we've joked about planning another wedding, if only to hire Caity again. :)

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Rachel D

Allison DJ'd our wedding in San Francisco on 1/13/17 and she was undoubtedly the highlight of our reception. In fact, almost two weeks later, friends and family continue to comment on how much they loved her and how great she was. I first reached out to Heart of Gold in... Read More February 2016 just to hold the date and was immediately made to feel comfortable and that they were excited to work with me. Allison would check in with me when necessary and we had two Skype meetings to discuss what we wanted music wise and MC wise. I was very particular about all the songs I wanted to hear and Allison was super cool about all of my requests. Our wedding had less than 50 people at it, many older, some pregnant, and some shy and yet the dance floor had people on it all night and that is 100% because of Allison. If you want someone who cares about you and your preferences and is organized and excited to be working with you, look no further than Heart of Gold. I am a tough critic when it comes to wedding DJs and now I never want to go to another wedding that Allison isn't DJing. Thank you for everything, Allison!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Isaac L

We worked with Heart of Gold's DJ Ashleyanne for our wedding and could not have been happier. She was a joy to work with from the very start; super receptive to hearing our ideas, and able to provide us with guidance for things that we hadn't thought of. We're in the... Read More non-traditional, informal wedding crowd--meaning, no coordinator or heavy choreography--and Ashleyanne was able to lay out precisely what she needed from us, and what we could just let fly on the day of. As for the music, it is a blast having a party where you think to yourself "I love this song!" and then realize it's because your awesome DJ was listening when you told her what you like! She put together such a great set of music, from the ceremony to the bitter end of the dance floor. Another thing we loved about working with HoG, is that they lay out the pricing up-front, and stick with it throughout. They let you know what the rates are, and what various additions will cost, which makes it much easier to decide what kind of service will fit within your budget. They're prompt to respond to emails, and proactive about getting information when they need it, which I can say not all vendors have, but is massively reassuring. In short, you should definitely hire your DJ from Heart of Gold! They were a highlight of not only our wedding, but the entire experience. We really look back on working with them as a positive aspect of the entire planning saga.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Amanda S

We LOVE DJ Sami! She did such an awesome job at our wedding. I love that we were able to pick the "vibe" of each moment - from cocktail hour, to dinner, to dancing. Sami did such an awesome job curating a playlist for our big day. She was also very accommodating when we had a... Read More freak rain storm and had to move inside last minute - she was able to set up in a space that was not originally planned. She was also wonderful to work with before the wedding - from first meeting to planning and everything in between. Sami was even kind enough to ask about my family heritage, and help accommodate some traditional songs into the wedding. I am SO glad we chose Heart of Gold for our DJ vendor. Everyone loved the dancing and complimented our music!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Allison A

From initial point of contact, throughout the entire crazy wedding process, Heart of Gold DJs and DJ Sami were absolutely awesome. I could not recommend DJ Sami any more...Not only is she totally fun and easy to work with, she is incredibly knowledgable, consistently responsive,... Read More totally reliable, and always available for questions and concerns. Having experience with vendors who are not as organized or on top of their game as Heart of Gold DJs, I am so so thankful that these ladies are as professional and dedicated as they are. Unfortunately, on the day of my wedding, our venue ran a complete shit show...Thank goodness that Sami is as organized, flexible, patient, and quick thinking as she is, otherwise our day could have been a huge disaster. Not only did she handle her professional duties amazingly (even when given a tough and unexpected situation to work with), she also took the time to check in with me to see how I was doing emotionally throughout the debacle. Working with Sami felt like working with a really good friend in that she really does care about you and your day. If you are shopping around for a DJ for your event, stop wasting your time. You have found the company that will provide you with amazing service for a very fair price.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jenna S

I cannot recommend Heart of Gold DJs enough. Amazing by every sense of the word, and far surpassed our expectations. We went to a wedding where Allison was the DJ and after requesting Fetty Wap, she threw it on, the crowd went wild, and it was history from there! We knew we... Read More needed her for our wedding DJ. Allison could not be more incredible to work with. She was extremely responsive, gave us her opinion when we needed help while still bringing our dream to life, and made planning the music for our wedding fun and easy. We had some last minute changes and needed to switch the ceremony location due to rain, and Allison was a trooper and figured out how to make it work flawlessly. Everyone had an incredible time thanks to her fantastic DJ skills and I am so grateful for her and Heart of Gold DJs! I honestly want to hang out with her outside of wedding planning... she's amazing. Do yourself a favor and meet her, and she's completely affordable too.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Nikhil B

If you're reading this and you haven't already chosen Heart of Gold as your DJ, then stop reading and email them right now. We worked with Sami for our wedding in August of 2016. From our first meeting with her in December of 2015, we knew we had made a great choice. We had... Read More very little idea of what we wanted on a song by song basis, but we knew the general vibe we were hoping to create. Sami understood exactly what our vague and occasionally contradictory thoughts meant and translated it into the most amazing dinner and dancing sets. The dance floor was never empty, and we can happily report that at least 1 pair of pants was sacrificed as a result of people doing the splits because of how amazing the music was. On the day of our wedding, Sami worked with our planner, live musicians, videographer and photographer to make sure that everyone had what they needed. She even worked with my best man, who was our officiant, to make sure his mic levels were right, and gave him some key pointers to ensure that everyone could hear him :). Our wedding definitely would not have been the same with Sami and Heart of Gold DJs, and my wife and I both hope you choose them for your big day! You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Elissa P

Thank you so much, Allison!!! You were such a pleasure to work!! My wedding was literally only a week ago, but I couldn't wait to post about Allison's amazing DJ work! Our bridal party and guests still talk about how she picked all the right songs to get people out on that... Read More dance floor. She's super thorough, which I appreciate because I am such a Type A person, and she goes through every detail with you to make sure that your special day turns out perfect. From the surprise MCing (which we didn't think she would have to do, but she so gladly stepped to do it) to just getting everyone partying, Allison did such an amazing job. I wish we could do it all over again - without all of the planning of course. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Jaclyn A

I am so incredibly glad we booked Heart of Gold DJs! My favorite part of our wedding was dancing with friends to feel-good grooves. Allison took the time to know our wedding vibe. She played many of our requests plus more that fit the mood perfectly. Allison was wonderful to... Read More work. Professional, on time. She kept us on track and MC'ed the event with confidence. We are so glad to be matched up with Allison! Music and dancing was the highlight of our event.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Lia K

We owe so much to Erica and Heart of Gold DJs for making our wedding the best day ever! During a meeting together we created a basic songlist in order to help her understand what flavor music we are looking for - we heavily relied on her music knowledge and for that we were... Read More very grateful. From our first dance to the last song, the dancefloor was packed and everyone had a blast. She tied together oldies to new hits in a way that made our diverse group of friends and family all feel like dancing. My dad, in his mid sixties, said he danced more that night than he has in his whole life! Other logistics were handled smoothly and professionally. Our timeline was followed as planned, including coordination with officiant, setting up poem readings, toasts, and introductions. I had no idea that the DJ had such an important role in tying together the wedding. Highly recommended. Rainier

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Kylie G

I can't say enough good things about Allison and Heart of Gold DJs. She is such a nice person and easy to work with, not to mention an amazing DJ. We had such a great time dancing the night away at our wedding, and several guests commented how much they loved the music (a few... Read More went as far to say it was the best wedding music they had experienced). To top everything off, Allison stayed through the entire reception (after many guests were to tired to continue) and continued to play. My mother and a few guests hung around and had an amazing time dancing and singing the night away.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Elizabeth S

We booked Allison for our Patio Wedding @ a dive bar in SF and couldn't be happier! From our first meeting with her we knew we were in good hands. She asked all the questions we didn't even think about and kept in good contact leading up to the big day. Our biggest thing was we... Read More wanted to party with our friends to 90s & current hip hop/rap, pop, & oldies w/ minimal announcements and zero cheesiness and Allison delivered and more! She was there early to set up and completely rocked the music.. it really helped guide the flow of our event. We figured most people would skip our dance floor since our wedding was on a Thursday @ Noon but Allison kept us dancing for almost 4 hours straight with music ranging from Too Short, Mac Dre, Montel Jordan, Tay Swift, Rihanna, Leon Bridges, & Stevie Wonder. She also picked the perfect time to switch to speeches and our dance together. Allison made our day absolutely perfect and we can't thank her enough!!